PDA

View Full Version : Football What team will give a 1st and 4th or more for Garoppolo

Chief Roundup
12-29-2016, 08:45 PM
http://clutchpoints.com/patriots-want-1st-4th-round-picks-jimmy-garoppolo/

It seems long ago now, but teams haven’t forgotten how impressive Jimmy Garoppolo looked at the beginning of the season.

With Tom Brady serving a four-game suspension, Garoppolo stepped in and looked downright comfortable running New England’s offense. In two starts and five appearances this season, Garoppolo has completed 69.4 percent of his passes for four touchdowns and zero interceptions.

As a result, his trade value has skyrocketed. And, with Brady not planning to retire any time soon, Bill Belichick will likely cash in this offseason.

Even though the Patriots haven’t officially placed Jimmy G on the trade block, they do expect to field offers. Right off the bat, they’ve set the absolutely minimum for what they’ll consider.

From ESPN’s Adam Schefter, via Kirk and Callahan:

Adam Schefter says discussions for Jimmy G in a trade start at a 1st & 4th round draft pick (the Sam Bradford return).

With QB talent at an extreme premium in the NFL, bringing in a young signal caller with years of experience behind Belichick and Brady has to be appealing for many teams across the league. Somebody will take a chance on Garoppolo, and in the process, the Patriots will gain valuable draft equity.

There will most likely be a team that will give that or more.
What team will that most likely be in your opinions?

TigeRRUppeRRcut
12-29-2016, 08:47 PM
Since they aren't trading him to a division rival, San Fran or Arizona seems plausible.

Sassy Squatch
12-29-2016, 08:50 PM
Cleveland. Poor bastard.

Pasta Little Brioni
12-29-2016, 08:56 PM
Denver

Mile High Mania
12-29-2016, 09:05 PM
Denver

Ha... no.

TribalElder
12-29-2016, 09:06 PM
Cassel'd

Chief Roundup
12-29-2016, 09:27 PM
Jets and Bills both need a new QB, but I seriously doubt that he would get traded in the division.
Browns are always possible.
Texans, not sure if they can move on from Brock.
Redskins if they lose Cousins, highly doubtful.
Bears seem possible, they have to be tired of Cutler. He is not worth his contract.
Vikings depending on whether Bridgewater can recover. Bradford is well Bradford.
Cardinals seem possible Palmer has looked done.
49ers have issues all over but they have issues with Kaepernick and Gabbert just sucks.

RippedmyFlesh
12-29-2016, 09:34 PM
A 1 and 4 would be less than trading up for 1,1 so if you think he is the guy it is worth it.

Indian Chief
12-29-2016, 09:42 PM
I hope Cassel's success (or lack thereof) would give teams some pause. I'm not suggesting they are the same player, but the point stands that Belichick is still the coach and Cassel led that team to an 11-5 record. Garoppolo steps in and probably would have ended up doing the same thing this season based on how he looked at the start of the year.

Reerun_KC
12-29-2016, 09:43 PM
KC should be tops of the list. We traded picks for Herm Edwards. Says all you need to know.

Gravedigger
12-29-2016, 09:44 PM
HEY TEAMS, TWO WORDS, RYAN MALLETT. End scene...

chiefzilla1501
12-29-2016, 09:53 PM
Well, what teams are obsessed with this stupid Bellichick copycat nonsense?
Houston
Cleveland

It'll be Cleveland and it's going to fail spectacularly, because history repeats itself.
Mike Lombardi confirmed it was more than a rumor, and he knows enough people for that to be credible.

KChiefs1
12-29-2016, 10:23 PM
Cassel'd

He's the new Matt Cassel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reerun_KC
12-29-2016, 10:28 PM
I'll take a flyer on him for a 2nd and 4th to check the level in his tank.

Might be that diamond in the rough we have always been looking for. He's proven and safer than drafting a sure fire bust.

Halfcan
12-29-2016, 10:48 PM
A lot of QB;s would look good behind that NE O line,

Easy 6
12-29-2016, 10:52 PM
Bears or Cardinals

BossChief
12-29-2016, 11:07 PM

Might be that diamond in the rough we have always been looking for. He's proven and safer than drafting a sure fire bust.

Heard it a million times

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-29-2016, 11:18 PM

You go fly your plane in to a flaming AIDS forest for talking such trash.
:)

KChiefs1
12-29-2016, 11:21 PM

Fuck no!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DaKCMan AP
12-30-2016, 07:35 AM
Whichever team hires Josh McDaniels

FloridaMan88
12-30-2016, 08:09 AM
If Garoppolo is the real deal, then why would the Patriots be willing to trade him with Tom Brady turning 40 this coming year?

A legit QBOTF is worth more than first/fourth round draft picks or whatever the rumored compensation is (unless it is some insane Herschel Walker/Ricky Williams type trade).

Red Dawg
12-30-2016, 08:14 AM

Proven? That's sounds stupid. He played in what two games. Cassel was more proven going 11-5 and he sucks ass to the extreme.

Jimmy has proven nothing and Bill is looking for a sucker. If he was good and their next starter they wouldn't trade him. Brady is old as hell and only will get one more season but Jimmy is on the block and is worth a 1 and 4? Bullshit.

Marcellus
12-30-2016, 08:18 AM
Wherever Josh McDaniels lands.

chiefzilla1501
12-30-2016, 08:28 AM

Considering the browns have hired a Parcells or bellichick crony 16 of the last 22 years, and Parcells is consulting for the team, it would not surprise me to see them bring in McDaniels and Garrapolo. It is the brownsiest thing they can do.

displacedinMN
12-30-2016, 08:28 AM
I hope Cassel's success (or lack thereof) would give teams some pause. I'm not suggesting they are the same player, but the point stands that Belichick is still the coach and Cassel led that team to an 11-5 record. Garoppolo steps in and probably would have ended up doing the same thing this season based on how he looked at the start of the year.

This +

Just because he was successful at Team A does not mean he will be successful at Team B. How many times has this been played out. Someone will bite.

chiefzilla1501
12-30-2016, 08:31 AM

Most teams have learned. Arthur blank neutered Dimitroff and Pioli during the head coach search. There are patriots guys jumping to other orgs and seeing success following their own path with great success. It's incest guys like Bill O'Brien and likely McDaniels that insist on jamming every bit of patriot way into the new organizations they work for.

wazu
12-30-2016, 09:00 AM
Sorry, but we are putting all of our resources towards acquiring Kaepernick.

Chief Roundup
12-30-2016, 09:03 AM
He's proven and safer than drafting a sure fire bust.

wow just wow what a load of total bullshit on all statements within this sentence.

Sandy Vagina
12-30-2016, 09:04 AM
It's the one year deal remaining that should have teams apprehensive, and unwilling to give that compensation.

Garappolo would initially be a top 10 QB selection in this coming draft, so aside from the 1 year audition, why wouldn't a QB desperate team spend their 1st and a day 3 pick?

.. but sending those picks while instantly locking him into a long-term, heavily guaranteed deal? tread carefully there..

MahiMike
I'd give them a 1st and a 4th for him and McDaniels

Chief Roundup

chiefzilla1501
12-30-2016, 09:05 AM
wow just wow what a load of total bullshit on all statements within this sentence.

Knowing where Reerun stands I'm 99% sure that's sarcasm

Hydrae
12-30-2016, 09:05 AM
Considering the browns have hired a Parcells or bellichick crony 16 of the last 22 years, and Parcells is consulting for the team, it would not surprise me to see them bring in McDaniels and Garrapolo. It is the brownsiest thing they can do.

They have enough draft picks this year to pull it off and still have a solid draft as well. RG3 may not be very happy with it though. :D

Deberg_1990
12-30-2016, 09:06 AM
The next Trevor semen or Brock asswiper?

KC_Lee
12-30-2016, 09:10 AM
Whichever team hires Josh McDaniels

This or whatever NE front office crony that snagged a GM gig.

chiefzilla1501
12-30-2016, 09:11 AM
They have enough draft picks this year to pull it off and still have a solid draft as well. RG3 may not be very happy with it though. :D

It is the brownsiest thing to do. So they will probably do it.

Considering they passed on Wentz, they will probably pass on a qb at #1, he'll become a superstar, and the browns will pay $60m for Garrapolo to be below average. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Molitoth
12-30-2016, 09:11 AM
Probably the Chiefs. Because Chiefs.

Buehler445
12-30-2016, 09:50 AM
Since they aren't trading him to a division rival, San Fran or Arizona seems plausible.

If the Cheatriots end up with a 1 and 4 do you really think they'd be scared of anyone in the division if they added Janeane Garofalo?

They own the Bills Jets and Phins. Some scrub Belicheat threw some lipstick on isn't going to change that.

Belicheat takes the 1 and 4.

RippedmyFlesh
12-30-2016, 09:56 AM
Proven? That's sounds stupid. He played in what two games. Cassel was more proven going 11-5 and he sucks ass to the extreme.

Jimmy has proven nothing and Bill is looking for a sucker. If he was good and their next starter they wouldn't trade him. Brady is old as hell and only will get one more season but Jimmy is on the block and is worth a 1 and 4? Bullshit.

I agree brady doesn't have much time left so if he were the real deal he would be up next. We've been down that path so we know better.

Mile High Mania
12-30-2016, 10:15 AM
Jets, Bills, Browns, 49ers?

I don't see any of the teams that have been consistently good making this trade. Question is, do either of those teams (Jets or Bills) make a play for Romo? I could see him with the Jets and Jones would love to send him outside the NFC, just to avoid seeing him come back to haunt them in the NFC. I doubt it would happen though, I think Romo is done... the multiple collarbone and back injuries at 37 add up and he's been too fragile in recent years.

The Patriots will find a willing partner though.

RunKC
12-30-2016, 10:26 AM
SF

They've got 11 picks and Chip Kelly is friends with Hoodie

Mile High Mania
12-30-2016, 10:31 AM
I think it's going to be one of the more interesting offseasons in a long time.

Several coaching changes. Rumors that LA may want Sean Payton, Kubiak might call it quits because of health rumors... who knows which other coaches get the axe. Romo, Cap, Tyrod and others playing for new teams.

Buckle up.

The Franchise
12-30-2016, 11:21 AM
Browns. They have two 1st round picks.

Sandy Vagina
12-30-2016, 11:46 AM
If Romo has any good sense for his well being in life after football, he will hang em up.

Easy 6
12-30-2016, 11:49 AM
If Romo has any good sense for his well being in life after football, he will hang em up.

He is starting for the Cowgirls sunday...

Sandy Vagina
12-30-2016, 11:51 AM
He is starting for the Cowgirls sunday...

is that right? lol.. oooookay Romo. Have fun with that. :facepalm:

#egoovergoodsenseftl

wazu
12-30-2016, 11:55 AM
It is the brownsiest thing to do. So they will probably do it.

Considering they passed on Wentz, they will probably pass on a qb at #1, he'll become a superstar, and the browns will pay $60m for Garrapolo to be below average. Lather, rinse, repeat.

All the while Manziel plots his return.

Mile High Mania
12-30-2016, 11:55 AM
Smart to rest Dak - nothing to play for right now, give him some rest and Jerry hopes Romo looks "spectacular" in his final game in order to trade him.

Reerun_KC
12-30-2016, 12:36 PM
You go fly your plane in to a flaming AIDS forest for talking such trash.
:)

How about fly into the Bahama islands?

Reerun_KC
12-30-2016, 12:37 PM

Don't get mad at me for posting all the CP cliches in one post.

LMAO

oldman
12-30-2016, 02:25 PM
I agree brady doesn't have much time left so if he were the real deal he would be up next. We've been down that path so we know better.

Exactly. I think I'll pass.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-30-2016, 04:11 PM

Please let it be so. Anything that keeps Patriot Trash II: Casselian Boog-a-loo out of KC is good thing.

On one hand, acquiring Kap would be useless in terms of helping elevate the KC Quarterback situation.
On the other hand, Kap replacing Alex Smith in KC and the resulting Alexsexual Meltdown that would occur, make this an almost too good to be true opportunity to pass up!

Shit, flip a coin.

I'd give them a 1st and a 4th for him and McDaniels

Know how I know that you're a football retard who learns nothing from past mistakes?

How about fly into the Bahama islands?
Only if I get to come along. :harumph:

SAUTO
12-30-2016, 04:24 PM
If Garoppolo is the real deal, then why would the Patriots be willing to trade him with Tom Brady turning 40 this coming year?

A legit QBOTF is worth more than first/fourth round draft picks or whatever the rumored compensation is (unless it is some insane Herschel Walker/Ricky Williams type trade).

BB is walking when Tom does. Why would he give a fuck?

Chief Roundup
12-30-2016, 06:17 PM
Don't get mad at me for posting all the CP cliches in one post.

LMAO

Didn't realize you were being sarcastic. My bad there. Nice to know that you think those are bullshit opinions that are used around here entirely too much.

Chief Roundup
12-30-2016, 06:21 PM
BB is walking when Tom does. Why would he give a fuck?

I believe this as well. I think Belicheck is going for the record or at least wants to tie Chuck Knoll for most SB wins as a HC. He can do that this year. If he can get a couple of more talents for the team next year he would like nothing better than to break the record.
When Brady and Belicheck leave in the same off season the Patriots will be decimated. This could happen in the next 2 to 3 years.

milkman
12-31-2016, 05:16 AM
I am not going down that road, but Garrapolo clearly has more arm talent than Matt Cassel does.