PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Harris fined for celebration

Chief Roundup
12-31-2016, 12:23 PM
http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2016/12/30/14129394/demetrius-harris-fined-12k-for-his-celebration-on-dontari-poes-td-pass

I would love to be an NFL player to make some extra cash but I would not love the way the NFL takes it away from me. The league has fined Chiefs TE Demetrius Harris $12,154, according to Pro Football Talk.

His big mistake? Holding the ball and swinging it like it was a golf club and then doing a fist pump a la Tiger Woods.

That’s it! That’s worth $12k.

He wasn’t the only one. Chris Jones was fined $18k for his late hit / shove on Trevor Siemian. That’s a little more reasonable but still steep for what amounted to a shove.

Thank God the NFL is here to police this and think of the children.

Chief Roundup
12-31-2016, 12:34 PM
Goodell is getting more ridiculous with each fine.

Pablo
12-31-2016, 12:36 PM
Think of the kids. You want them to grow up idolizing a guy who is too fried out of his gourd to even know what sport he plays?

gblowfish
12-31-2016, 12:36 PM
What is the fine money used for?

King_Chief_Fan
12-31-2016, 12:38 PM
A penalty for holding is breaking the rules as are many others but no fines...NFL stinks

Chief Roundup
12-31-2016, 12:38 PM

They clarified that all on-field fines go to the NFL Player Care Foundation—which provides medical, emotional, and financial assistance to retired NFL players—and the NFL Players Association Player Assistance Trust, a fund that helps professional and amateur football players' families in a crisis.

Mr. Laz
12-31-2016, 12:57 PM

Except for the fact that ex-player Troy Vincent is now in charge of disciplinary stuff like this. Also ex-players Derrick Brooks or James Thrash handle the appeals for these issues.

I believe Goodell only gets involved in severe issues.

NJChiefsFan
12-31-2016, 12:58 PM
I don't know what the issue is here. The rule is you can't use a ball as a prop. He did. He got fined. If you hate the rule that's fine. I'm not sure why there is a question about whether the current rule was fairly enforced. The moment he did it you knew the fine was coming and why it was.

Danguardace
12-31-2016, 01:03 PM
I kind of have no sympathy for him really. with the shocking drops he has to celebrate like he is some big time baller is laughable.

Stay humble go celebrate with your team mates.

GloucesterChief
12-31-2016, 01:04 PM
It is the No Fun League. Just look at the celebrations in other sports and how the NFL wants every player to be just like Barry Sanders and simply hand the ball to the ref. Worked for Barry but not every player is Barry.

Get rid of the celebration penalties and make it delay of game if the celebrating players take too much time celebrating. Get rid of taunting because these are grown men and can take some verbal smack.

The hypocritical thing is the NFL Network celebrates things like the Ickey Shuffle and Dirty Bird but those would be fined and penalized in todays NFL.

Mr. Laz
12-31-2016, 01:08 PM
I don't know what the issue is here. The rule is you can't use a ball as a prop. He did. He got fined. If you hate the rule that's fine. I'm not sure why there is a question about whether the current rule was fairly enforced. The moment he did it you knew the fine was coming and why it was.
Agreed, the only problem for me is consistency.

Elliott jump into the Salvation Army bucket and didn't get fined.

I don't see how that's not a prop.

I believe next season we will hear about a change in the celebration rules. They are going to allow more.

Mr. Laz
12-31-2016, 01:10 PM
It is the No Fun League. Just look at the celebrations in other sports and how the NFL wants every player to be just like Barry Sanders and simply hand the ball to the ref. Worked for Barry but not every player is Barry.

Get rid of the celebration penalties and make it delay of game if the celebrating players take too much time celebrating. Get rid of taunting because these are grown men and can take some verbal smack.

The hypocritical thing is the NFL Network celebrates things like the Ickey Shuffle and Dirty Bird but those would be fined and penalized in todays NFL.
A lot of stuff has changed in the NFL over the last several decades.

Players can't turn their braces and casts into hammers either.

Things change.

Deberg_1990
12-31-2016, 01:15 PM
Good. He knows the rules. He broke the rules

RealSNR
12-31-2016, 02:03 PM
You'd be celebrating hard if you caught a hungry pig TD pass!

Chief Roundup
12-31-2016, 04:22 PM
Except for the fact that ex-player Troy Vincent is now in charge of disciplinary stuff like this. Also ex-players Derrick Brooks or James Thrash handle the appeals for these issues.

I believe Goodell only gets involved in severe issues.

I thought that Goodell had to approve all disciplinary action after Troy Vincent, I thought it was a committee, had made a decision.

Either way it is ridiculous amount. I do believe I seen somewhere that the amount was a percentage of their salary.

oldman
12-31-2016, 04:59 PM
Simple solution, take it to the sidelines. But seriously, when you have a replay after the score, a commercial before the extra point, a commercial after the extra point (replay if it's a 2 pointer), a commercial after the kick off, I fail to see how a little fun is delay of game. Lighten up, Commissar Goodell.

threebag
12-31-2016, 05:03 PM

Good thing you can still shoot yoself in Da Club-A. Talib

lcarus
12-31-2016, 07:40 PM
They just HAVE to change the dumb rule. Let the players celebrate. It was fine before. I think the large majority agrees

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-31-2016, 08:00 PM
He should have pop-locked instead.

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view3/1515003/pop-lock-o.gif

Rasputin
12-31-2016, 08:35 PM

You'd be celebrating hard if you caught a hungry pig TD pass!

I think it goes to charity but not 100% sure if so I wish more players would celebrate and donate for a good cause. They are entertainers entertain me.

If someone get's butthurt and retaliates then they break the rules and can donate $ to charity as well.

Goodell has made this the

No
Fun
League

Ken Bone
12-31-2016, 08:36 PM
The NFL is determined to take all of the fun out of the game. Hopefully they can find a way to squeeze in more commercials. That would be neat.

Rasputin
12-31-2016, 08:38 PM
No one ever talks at the watercooler saying "Hey man did you see that player hand the ball to the ref after his touchdown?"

Mr. Laz
12-31-2016, 08:42 PM
Celebration rules should be pretty simple

1) Nothing lewd,derogatory towards anyone, you also can't promote stuff
2) No off-the-field props (you can't bring anything onto the field for celebration, Sharpie etc)
3) 5 second time limit

That's pretty much it. If they want to have dance routine with team mates ... fine. If they want to use the football or the pompoms from cheerleaders ... fine. Just make it quick and not rude or insulting.

:shrug:

Ken Bone
12-31-2016, 08:44 PM
Celebration rules should be pretty simple

1) Nothing lewd,derogatory towards anyone, you also can't promote stuff
2) No off-the-field props (you can't bring anything onto the field for celebration, Sharpie etc)
3) 5 second time limit

That's pretty much it. If they want to have dance routine with team mates ... fine. If they want to use the football or the pompoms from cheerleaders ... fine. Just make it quick and not rude or insulting.

:shrug:

This.. 100%

Bob Dole
12-31-2016, 08:45 PM
The NFL is determined to take all of the fun out of the game. Hopefully they can find a way to squeeze in more commercials. That would be neat.

Unless you play for Dallas.

Rain Man
12-31-2016, 08:45 PM
I remember the terrible days of the Redskins doing poorly choreographed five-minute routines, and I never want to go back there. If fining players prevents that, then fine the players.

It would be nice if there was some consistency in this type of rule, though. Cowboy players can use props, Broncos players can point fingers, and Tom Brady can pull an 18 year-old out of the stands and gently make love to her, but other teams can't spike the ball enthusiastically.

Ken Bone
12-31-2016, 08:50 PM
Unless you play for Dallas.

Very true.. then celebrating and buffoonery is welcomed. If not encouraged.

TEX
12-31-2016, 10:22 PM
Well worth it IMO.

Deberg_1990
12-31-2016, 10:26 PM
Why doesn't anyone get fined for the Lambaeu Leap?

Hog's Gone Fishin
12-31-2016, 10:27 PM
I hope this drives Harris into retirement.

chiefzilla1501
12-31-2016, 10:30 PM
This is the dumbest bullshit rule in the NFL.

Take away all subjective rules that influence games. I'm not pissed about the 15 yard celebration or fine, as much as I am that this kind of ridiculously who gives a shit penalty could one day impact a game. As Cleveland learned earlier in the year, when Pryor had a game-changing penalty for tossing the ball to a ref but got tagged as taunting.

TribalElder
12-31-2016, 10:57 PM
http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2016/12/30/14129394/demetrius-harris-fined-12k-for-his-celebration-on-dontari-poes-td-pass

I would love to be an NFL player to make some extra cash but I would not love the way the NFL takes it away from me. The league has fined Chiefs TE Demetrius Harris $12,154, according to Pro Football Talk.

His big mistake? Holding the ball and swinging it like it was a golf club and then doing a fist pump a la Tiger Woods.

That’s it! That’s worth $12k.

He wasn’t the only one. Chris Jones was fined $18k for his late hit / shove on Trevor Siemian. That’s a little more reasonable but still steep for what amounted to a shove.

Thank God the NFL is here to police this and think of the children.

His celebration wasnt that impressive so getting fined really must suck

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-31-2016, 11:23 PM

Off the field?

kccrow
12-31-2016, 11:33 PM
I am a fan of penalizing excessive celebration in some way (delay of game seems appropriate). I am not a fan of financially penalizing players unless it is somewhat of a lewd act in nature (such as Kelce doing his little "jackoff" move behind the ref). In my opinion, those such things are inappropriate for children and should be fined.

jimidollar
12-31-2016, 11:47 PM
I'm not a fan of the penalties or the fines. Also, fuck the children.

Pablo
01-01-2017, 12:59 AM
Also, fuck the children.I'm sure you Texans do.

TribalElder
01-01-2017, 01:05 AM
Doesn't fine money go to charity?

Chief Roundup
01-01-2017, 09:57 AM
http://operations.nfl.com/football-ops/fines-appeals/

They clarified that all on-field fines go to the NFL Player Care Foundation—which provides medical, emotional, and financial assistance to retired NFL players—and the NFL Players Association Player Assistance Trust, a fund that helps professional and amateur football players' families in a crisis.

DaFace
01-01-2017, 12:22 PM
My understanding is that it's grandfathered in. Otherwise, it would be illegal.

Warrior5
01-01-2017, 02:20 PM
I kind of have no sympathy for him really. with the shocking drops he has to celebrate like he is some big time baller is laughable.

Stay humble go celebrate with your team mates.

This X a million.

scho63
01-01-2017, 02:32 PM
Goodell is an asshole and this shit is out of control

kccrow
01-01-2017, 02:57 PM
I'm not a fan of the penalties or the fines. Also, fuck the children.

Real stand-up retard right here.

vailpass
01-01-2017, 03:04 PM
I'm not a fan of brains or the personal hygiene. Also, **** my mother.
I admire your candor.