PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Could Gary Kubiak resign?

RunKC
12-31-2016, 02:06 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/12/31/gary-kubiak-does-nothing-to-quell-rumors-of-possible-resignation/

This was interesting. Also very interesting that Wade Phillips (their best coach) is going to be a FA.

Broncos could be in a big rebuild next year

Easy 6
12-31-2016, 02:21 PM
If he does, smellway be will go all in to get Sean Payton

O.city
12-31-2016, 02:24 PM
As a chief fan, I don't want him to retire

King_Chief_Fan
12-31-2016, 02:26 PM
Save our Kubiak!
We want this guy to stay in Denver

Chiefspants
12-31-2016, 02:29 PM
The dude needs a few more years to gel. #SaveKuby

Mr. Laz
12-31-2016, 02:30 PM
Wade Phillips > Sutton

RunKC
12-31-2016, 02:32 PM
Wade Phillips > Sutton

Not this year

Chiefshrink
12-31-2016, 02:36 PM

I agree. But for health reasons he probably will.

Kubiak had nothing to do last year with the Broncos greatness and SB win IMHO. It was Wade and his defense and Manning who were the leaders. When you look at Kubiak's attempt to get Manning to embrace his offense of rolling out among other stupid things it was an abysmal failure to the point of putting Manning in a very vulnerable position of finally getting hurt not to mention minimizing Manning's strengths. Kubiak's hybrid offense(Kube/Manning)failed miserably.

When it was obvious that Brock could not move the chains to the point of almost missing the playoffs Kubiak had no choice but to put Manning back in and let Manning be Manning of which by now he was just a shadow of himself BUT he could move the chains enough with his eyes and mind of what he saw and it was actually Wade and that great defense that actually won the SB.

Kubiak is peter principled at an OC position IMHO and you are seeing it unfold right before your very eyes.

Chiefshrink
12-31-2016, 02:40 PM
Not this year

Losing Jackson and Trevathan and being on the field 2/3rds of the game finally has caught up to them and now the injuries because of that time on the field are now piling up. No Ware, No Ward, No Marshall, etc....

Mr. Laz
12-31-2016, 02:44 PM

won't he just promote Wade phillips?

Easy 6
12-31-2016, 02:49 PM

I'd bet the farm against that, Wade is best as a DC

Chiefshrink
12-31-2016, 02:53 PM
I'd bet the farm against that, Wade is best as a DC

:thumb:

and Kubes at best is an OC.;)

O.city
12-31-2016, 03:01 PM

That would be even better for the chiefs.

suzzer99
12-31-2016, 03:34 PM
Please no. He's a huge asset for the Chiefs.

Chiefshrink
12-31-2016, 03:37 PM
Elway got a yes man in Kubiak for sure. IF Kubes retires Elway will want another yes man and I don't think Sean Payton is a yes man.:shake:

KranzDictum
12-31-2016, 03:52 PM
Losing Jackson and Trevathan and being on the field 2/3rds of the game finally has caught up to them and now the injuries because of that time on the field are now piling up. No Ware, No Ward, No Marshall, etc....

Yep, that and all the injuries on the Offensive side of the ball. The OL was one of the worst ever, no Manning to make them look better than they are like last year. It is amazing what he was able to do behind the OL last year.

No run game meant teams could rush 4 (and still get pressure) and cover.

Not sure what Kubes is going to do. I hope he stays, hope they work out Wades deal too.

Having $30 Mill plus the raise in the cap this year means John can fix a lot of things. kc is right up against the cap. probably going to have to let Poe go into FA where I hope John gets him, sure would help Von out too having a NT who can take up 2 blockers.

KranzDictum
12-31-2016, 03:53 PM
Not this year

Sutton going to help his team win a SB this year?

R Clark
12-31-2016, 04:43 PM
It would be great to see Wade become head coach of the donkeys

NJChiefsFan
12-31-2016, 04:44 PM
Wade Phillips at hc is better for kc. Not sure how kubiac leaving triggers a deeper rebuild. I think a few people are looking/hoping Denver is in bigger trouble then they are.

Chief Northman
12-31-2016, 04:48 PM
Kyle Shanahan will be the next HC of the Donks.

MahiMike
12-31-2016, 04:56 PM
I saw that and found it quite shocking

Deberg_1990
12-31-2016, 05:12 PM
Wade Phillips at hc is better for kc. Not sure how kubiac leaving triggers a deeper rebuild. I think a few people are looking/hoping Denver is in bigger trouble then they are.

hopefully he does become HC. Phillips is one of Thise guys who's a better coordinator Than a HC

DaneMcCloud
12-31-2016, 05:21 PM
Kyle Shanahan will be the next HC of the Donks.

Dislike

RippedmyFlesh
12-31-2016, 05:31 PM
Save our Kubiak!

This reminds me of wanting norv to stay in SD.

Marcellus
12-31-2016, 05:41 PM
Wade Phillips > Sutton

ROFL

NWTF
12-31-2016, 05:48 PM
Id be surprised if he resigned but his response to the question seems to make it plausible.

Chiefshrink
12-31-2016, 05:57 PM
ROFL

Nothing personal Marcellus but I will take Phillips any day over Sutton. Think Phillips would have made 1/2 time adjustments last year against NE ? Yes he would have. Just saying.

beach tribe
12-31-2016, 05:59 PM
Yep, that and all the injuries on the Offensive side of the ball. The OL was one of the worst ever, no Manning to make them look better than they are like last year. It is amazing what he was able to do behind the OL last year.

Not sure what Kubes is going to do. I hope he stays, hope they work out Wades deal too.

Having $30 Mill plus the raise in the cap this year means John can fix a lot of things. kc is right up against the cap. probably going to have to let Poe go into FA where I hope John gets him, sure would help Von out too having a NT who can take up 2 blockers.

I really think Poe is going to come at a discounted price because of the treatment he has gotten from Reid in letting him play offense and throw the game-winning Tebow passes against the Broncos and such.
I truly think those things are going to make him want to stay in KC.
Nevertheless, I believe they will have the cap space to keep everyone, regardless.
There are plenty of areas on the team where cap space can be freed up. It shouldn't be a problem.
Nor should kicking Denver's ass twice a year for the next half-decade for the that matter.

Chiefshrink
12-31-2016, 06:07 PM
I really think Poe is going to come at a discounted price because of the treatment he has gotten from Reid in letting him play offense and throw the game-winning Tebow passes against the Broncos and such.
I truly think those things are going to make him want to stay in KC.
Nevertheless, I believe they will have the cap space to keep everyone, regardless.
There are plenty of areas on the team where cap space can be freed up. It shouldn't be a problem.
Nor should kicking Denver's ass twice a year for the next half-decade for the that matter.

Agents make sure sentiment stays out of all deals. Poe will go where the $$ is I assure you !!

BryanBusby
12-31-2016, 06:44 PM
They have breathing room as soon as they do the obvious move and decline the Foles option year and have a lot of flexibility to make a lot more space, as the cap disaster declines after 2017.

They can keep both if they want to.

KChiefs1
12-31-2016, 07:32 PM
Save our Kubiak!

Me too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-31-2016, 08:36 PM
If he does, smellway be will go all in to get Sean Payton

His greasy, cheatin' style would be a good match for Denver.

Wade Phillips > Sutton

Bum Phillips > Reizzle

DaneMcCloud
12-31-2016, 08:44 PM
Bum Phillips > Reizzle

Good fucking god. Not even close.

Where's Bum's Super Bowl ring? Where are his four AFC Championship games?

He failed to repeat his Houston success in NO after being fired by the Oilers.

Rain Man
12-31-2016, 08:48 PM
Kubiak was never hired to be a coach. He was hired because that's the only way Elway is going to have someone to hang out with. Peyton Manning was the coach last year.

And on that note, Kubiak destroyed Peyton Manning's career. That's hard to do, but he did it.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-31-2016, 08:54 PM
Good fucking god. Not even close.

Where's Bum's Super Bowl ring? Where are his four AFC Championship games?

He failed to repeat his Houston success in NO after being fired by the Oilers.

ROFL

Sweet jesus, it's like throwing a worm in to the tank at Cabella's.

JUMP!

DaneMcCloud
12-31-2016, 08:58 PM
ROFL

Sweet jesus, it's like throwing a worm in to the tank at Cabella's.

JUMP!

Happy New Year, you freaking bastard!

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-31-2016, 09:05 PM
Happy New Year, you freaking bastard!

:D

Buehler445
12-31-2016, 10:09 PM
Fuck Donk forever.

DaneMcCloud
12-31-2016, 10:27 PM
:D

MU time for you

KranzDictum
12-31-2016, 10:29 PM
Kubiak was never hired to be a coach. He was hired because that's the only way Elway is going to have someone to hang out with. Peyton Manning was the coach last year.

And on that note, Kubiak destroyed Peyton Manning's career. That's hard to do, but he did it.

Yep, no one likes a successful businessman and GM.

John measures success by SB championships. kc measures success by finishing 2nd in the AFC west and a WC win.

BTW I just got an awesome SB50 Championship hat in the mail today making it the 8th SB50/AFC Championship item I got for Christmas to add to the pile of gear I bought after the SB. What a great year!

TEX
12-31-2016, 10:37 PM

John measures success by SB championships. kc measures success by finishing 2nd in the AFC west and a WC win.

BTW I just got an awesome SB50 Championship hat in the mail today making it the 8th SB50/AFC Championship item I got for Christmas to add to the pile of gear I bought after the SB. What a great year!

No amount of gear will help. You ought to buy some Draino cuz Denver is circling...

TribalElder
12-31-2016, 10:49 PM
Can we buy von miller

YayMike
01-01-2017, 06:17 AM
Just broke on ESPN -- he's going to resign after today's game due to his family's concerns about his health.

BryanBusby
01-01-2017, 06:29 AM
Can't fault the guy.

He made it to the top, made more money than he'll ever need and has had a major scare. I'd retire if I were him, also.

Mr_Tomahawk
01-01-2017, 06:59 AM
So now the Broncos have a reason to try...?

wazu
01-01-2017, 07:30 AM
Time for an emotional team rally against the Raiders.

ILChief
01-01-2017, 07:58 AM
So does Kyle Shanahan/Rat Jr. get the gig?

Coochie liquor
01-01-2017, 08:19 AM

I'm hoping it goes to Chip Kelly...

Spott
01-01-2017, 08:19 AM

Referring to someone as "kubes" shows how much of an assclown you really are.

Marcellus
01-01-2017, 08:22 AM
Promote Wade Phillips to head coach. Please.

RunKC
01-01-2017, 08:44 AM
http://fb.me/8nqYGOsFd

Yup he's stepping down. Today is his last game guys

HemiEd
01-01-2017, 08:46 AM
I'm hoping it goes to Chip Kelly...:drool::grovel:

KChiefs1
01-01-2017, 09:26 AM
Here's the next Donko coach:

Denver Broncos: Vance Joseph connected to head coach position
by Sayre Bedinger

If Denver Broncos head coach Gary Kubiak does indeed step down after Sunday’s game, options to replace will include Miami DC Vance Joseph…

With Denver Broncos head coach Gary Kubiak expected to step down after Sunday’s game against the Oakland Raiders, speculation has already begun as to who might be the next head coach of the Super Bowl 50 Champion Denver Broncos.

The first name connected to the Broncos by major media outlets is also a man who was a strong candidate the last time the Broncos had a head coaching vacancy. That man is Miami Dolphins defensive coordinator Vance Joseph.

BryanBusby
01-01-2017, 09:28 AM
Yeah I'm cool if they make that move. Would certainly mean that Wade is gone.

displacedinMN
01-01-2017, 09:32 AM
If the health issues are a problem, I feel sorry for the guy.

O.city
01-01-2017, 09:42 AM
Denver looks like a full rebuild coming on

MotherfuckerJones
01-01-2017, 09:43 AM
Sean Payton is a name to watch probably

Red Dawg
01-01-2017, 09:45 AM
Wow. New staff for Denver coming. They could hand it to Wade since the defense will be intact for another year at least.

Garcia Bronco
01-01-2017, 09:48 AM
Wade has said repeatedly he does not want to be an HC again. Payton, Shanahan, Vance Joesph, and Matt Patrica are all in play.

RunKC
01-01-2017, 09:52 AM
Vance Joseph worked with Wade Phillips in Houston. Would make sense to go after him so they can keep Wade

Spott
01-01-2017, 09:53 AM
I'm hoping it goes to Chip Kelly...

And takes Kaepernick with him.

milkman
01-01-2017, 09:54 AM
There is no way that either Wade Phillips (if he did want to be a HC again), and Chip Kelley get another shot at HC gigs in the NFL again.

Pipe dreams, fellas.

Chief Roundup
01-01-2017, 10:13 AM
Sean Payton is a name to watch probably

He just signed a 5 year deal in March.

BryanBusby
01-01-2017, 10:14 AM
He just signed a 5 year deal in March.
A lot of smoke that the Saints want to trade Payton and already have a replacement (Marrone) in mind.

stevieray
01-01-2017, 10:15 AM
http://fb.me/8nqYGOsFd

Yup he's stepping down. Today is his last game guys

Sounds like motivation to win to me.

Chief Roundup
01-01-2017, 10:16 AM
A lot of smoke that the Saints want to trade Payton and already have a replacement (Marrone) in mind.

Yeah there is a matter of $45Million that would have to be worked out.
But there is more and more coming out that Kubiak is definitely going to retire.

O.city
01-01-2017, 10:18 AM
Sean Payton gonna get traded to the rams

BryanBusby
Yeah there is a matter of $45Million that would have to be worked out.
But there is more and more coming out that Kubiak is definitely going to retire.
If they feel he's the guy, his contract doesn't mean shit.

The bigger issue would.be that Payton would probably want to being Brees with him, the Saints might be wise to move him, but they sure can't afford eating nearly 40 million in dead cap.

Chief Roundup
Here's the next Donko coach:

Denver Broncos: Vance Joseph connected to head coach position
by Sayre Bedinger

If Denver Broncos head coach Gary Kubiak does indeed step down after Sunday’s game, options to replace will include Miami DC Vance Joseph…

With Denver Broncos head coach Gary Kubiak expected to step down after Sunday’s game against the Oakland Raiders, speculation has already begun as to who might be the next head coach of the Super Bowl 50 Champion Denver Broncos.

The first name connected to the Broncos by major media outlets is also a man who was a strong candidate the last time the Broncos had a head coaching vacancy. That man is Miami Dolphins defensive coordinator Vance Joseph.

I am not sure what is better this or Payton and Brees going to Denver.

Chief Roundup
01-01-2017, 10:24 AM
The bigger issue would.be that Payton would probably want to being Brees with him, the Saints might be wise to move him, but they sure can't afford eating nearly 40 million in dead cap.

Drew Brees signed a one year contract extension worth $24.25 million, all of which is guaranteed, on September 7, 2016 with the Saints. Brees, who had been scheduled to earn $20 million in 2016 will now earn $31.25 million, including a $30 million signing bonus per Andrew Brandt. The contract contains three voidable contract years to prorate the signing bonus. The new contract reduces Brees cap number from $30 million to $17.25 million in 2016. Brees has a no trade clause and can not be franchise tagged when his contract voids. If the contract voids and Brees is not extended the Saints will carry a dead money charge of $18 million in 2019 for Brees. The deadline for the void is the final day of the 2017 league year.

BryanBusby
01-01-2017, 10:30 AM
Actually I think I looked at that number wrong. His dead cap figure in a trade would be 24 million, with an actual cap charge of 5 million.

Yeah, the Saints could actually manage that.

jspchief
01-01-2017, 10:37 AM
Too bad about Kubiak. He was a mediocre coach that could have kept Denver mediocre for years.

At least maybe we'll get a "win one for the Gipper" effort today.

BryanBusby
01-01-2017, 10:45 AM
There's a rumor that Pagano could be considered, if the Colts fire him.

I'd love that move.

wazu
01-01-2017, 10:57 AM
There's a rumor that Pagano could be considered, if the Colts fire him.

I'd love that move.

We aren't that lucky.

gblowfish
01-01-2017, 11:00 AM
Maybe the Donks will rally to win one for the Gipper today....

Easy 6
01-01-2017, 11:02 AM
I am not sure what is better this or Payton and Brees going to Denver.

You sure you wanna see Brees in a donk uniform?

I sure as hell dont, and "Brees is a dome QB" arguments dont work... he throws up 300+ yards and mutiple tds on grass with regularity

ModSocks
01-01-2017, 11:38 AM
you guys think they'll win one for the gipper?

Chiefshrink
01-01-2017, 11:44 AM
Sounds like motivation to win to me.

Yep sure does. We will see now what the players really think of Kubes regardless of their injuries.:hmmm:

Chiefshrink
01-01-2017, 11:47 AM

Elway still wants to call the shots on game day being part of the game plan I assure you. He will need a yes man. Who is that yes man ??

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-01-2017, 11:50 AM
Elway still wants to call the shots on game day being part of the game plan I assure you. He will need a yes man. Who is that yes man ??

Has this been verified?

Chiefshrink
01-01-2017, 12:07 PM

Elway had just enough decent infrastructure of a team when he got here to allow for his big name to pull in Manning,Sanders and Ware with Miller as his very first draft pick(a no brainer) along with signing Fox and DelRio. He gets off to a quick start no doubt. But what he didn't count on were Fox and Del-Rio not being yes men and dissension started to rear it's ugly head 1/2 through that season and came to full fruition in the 1st SB with Manning against Seattle. Having a big name like Elway to pull in FA talent definitely helps in the short term BUT let's review Elway's successful draft picks along the o-line these last 4 yrs that are now coming back to haunt him that the local media and fans are now just starting scrutinize.

The Franchise
01-01-2017, 12:11 PM
Sticking a head coach with a 1st round pick at QB they didn't draft is usually a good thing.

jspchief
01-01-2017, 01:30 PM
Has this been verified?
Of course not. Chiefshrink routinely throws out made up bullshit like it's common knowledge.

vailpass
01-01-2017, 01:35 PM

ROFL

Shut up.

scho63
01-01-2017, 02:18 PM
This seems to be no longer a rumor but a certainty once the season ends due to his health. He supposedly needs some type of heart valve replacement or some serious shit could happen if he suffers a heart attack.

CapsLockKey
01-01-2017, 02:33 PM
This seems like a no brainer decision. Guy needs to walk away before he ends up dying on the sidelines with all the health scares he's had. I can't imagine how much the daily stress of being an NFL head coach takes a toll on even a healthy person much less someone with a weak ticker.