What d'ya say?

C'MON!!!!!

Dinny

JimNasium
01-01-2017, 04:46 PM
I'm in if Goatcheese is.

teedubya
01-01-2017, 04:53 PM
It's not exciting... But he keeps winning.

Deberg_1990
01-01-2017, 04:56 PM
He has to prove he can beat the Steelers and Patriots first

Dinny Bossa Nova
01-01-2017, 05:01 PM
I say Andy Reid has found our next Len Dawson.

Dinny

Sandy Vagina
01-01-2017, 05:05 PM
No! screw the winningest QB in Chiefs Franchise history! to hell with that guy!

LiveSteam
01-01-2017, 05:09 PM

BBs only tossed the flag in on a game once .
It was in KC. And when Brady is bouncing his grandchildren on his knee. And they ask.
Grandpa. Did you ever get your ass kicked in the NFL.

Titty Meat
01-01-2017, 05:13 PM
OK we did and he still sucks

JohnnyHammersticks
01-01-2017, 05:14 PM
um....fuck??

BigCatDaddy
01-01-2017, 05:14 PM
LMAO HOF thread potential.

BWillie
01-01-2017, 05:15 PM
15th best QB in the NFL ceiling. I guess if ur ok w that

RealSNR
01-01-2017, 05:16 PM
Fuck him. He can't even take care of the football anymore. He's mistake prone and he fucking sucks

eDave
01-01-2017, 05:45 PM
How did you feel this morning Dinny?

Dinny Bossa Nova
01-01-2017, 05:48 PM
How did you feel this morning Dinny?

Like Wang Chung.

Why do you ask?

Dinny

RaidersOftheCellar
01-01-2017, 05:55 PM

Then what? You ring up Dorsey and give him the green light?

Pointer19
01-01-2017, 05:58 PM
I hope he wins us a super bowl.

Dinny Bossa Nova
01-01-2017, 06:22 PM
C'mon over to the bright side, haters.

No one will make fun of you.

Maybe a little good-natured cajoling, but you can take it.

Dinny

BigCatDaddy
01-01-2017, 06:40 PM

Pitt at home will be the biggest game of his career. A defining moment if you will.

stevieray
01-01-2017, 06:42 PM
Still serving up crow.

haters gonna choke.

MahiMike
01-01-2017, 06:42 PM
Outlasted the Coach, QB and now GM in San Fran.

Idiots.

ChiefsFanatic
01-01-2017, 06:46 PM
Still serving up crow.

haters gonna choke.
If we win the Super Bowl it'll be the best tasting crow ever. I am a Chiefs fan, and I have been critical of Reid and Smith, but I am still allowed to cheer when we win.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Marcellus
01-01-2017, 06:50 PM
If we win the Super Bowl it'll be the best tasting crow ever. I am a Chiefs fan, and I have been critical of Reid and Smith, but I am still allowed to cheer when we win.

That takes some real ballz.

stevieray
01-01-2017, 06:53 PM
If

funny how the doubters always use this term...

BigCatDaddy
01-01-2017, 07:19 PM
funny how the doubters always use this term...

When we win the Super Bowl!

Red Dawg
01-01-2017, 07:21 PM
I still want him gone. I would only change my mind if we win it all.

Chief Northman
01-01-2017, 07:23 PM
I still want him gone. I would only change my mind if we win it all.

You are so badass!

kccrow
01-01-2017, 07:26 PM

I'll double-down on the crow right along side of you. If the Chiefs can win the SB with Alex and he plays at least as well as he did today, I'm all in on the crow.

Mav
01-01-2017, 07:26 PM
Dudes will still want him gone even IF the Chiefs win it all. I still know enough awesome ass Chiefs fans that I desperately want the Chiefs to feel that Euphoria.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sandy Vagina
01-01-2017, 07:28 PM
Dudes will still want him gone even IF the Chiefs win it all. I still know enough awesome ass Chiefs fans that I desperately want the Chiefs to feel that Euphoria.

pardon me if mistaken, but didn't YOU also give up on Smith?

jspchief
01-01-2017, 07:32 PM
I'm probably more on board the Smith train than I've ever been. A lot of the criticisms are still accurate, but the guy is getting it done.

CupidStunt
01-01-2017, 07:42 PM
He has one. In two weeks. Keep pace with Big Ben or GTFO.

stevieray
01-01-2017, 08:07 PM
My favorite drive of tthe game was the one right after the INT...came right back firing for another sustained drive, essentially eating up most of the the 3rd qtr.

That's what good teams do. Just like the multiple come from behind wins and all units scoring.

Alex has to run, though. It opens up our playbook.

Mav
01-01-2017, 08:08 PM
pardon me if mistaken, but didn't YOU also give up on Smith?

I believe you're mistaken. I'm not sure that it qualifies as me giving up to simply point out on occasions when he doesn't play well. I consider that being "fair".

ROYC75
01-01-2017, 08:12 PM
**** him. He can't even take care of the football anymore. He's mistake prone and he ****ing sucks

Oh come on, he made the Pro Bowl!

:rolleyes:

RealSNR
01-01-2017, 08:50 PM
That takes some real ballz.

His Dilferesque ass doesn't deserve support.

Is it possible to win a Super Bowl with him? Absolutely. Likely? Fuck no.

I already mentioned Dilfer. Was it the job of Ravens fans to "support" Dilfer during the 2000 regular season even though they all knew he wasn't good at all? I mean, that's fine if you're 9 years old or retarded, but I'm a grown adult.

His ass is squarely in "Prove it, pillowbitergot" land and always will be. I don't owe him anything right now and neither do you. If he wins a Super Bowl for the Chiefs, I'm going to enjoy the ring just as much as if the Chiefs had drafted and won with their own QB.

eDave
01-01-2017, 09:25 PM
Like Wang Chung.

Why do you ask?

Dinny

You been feeling funny in the mornings lately.

Reerun_KC
01-01-2017, 09:25 PM
Im going to be thrilled when he is hoisting the Lombardi in Feb. It's a done deal. We will be Superbowl champs ....

Mark it, save it, print this post. Suck it haters. We're going all the way.

Simplicity
01-01-2017, 09:32 PM

Is it possible to win a Super Bowl with him? Absolutely. Likely? **** no.

I already mentioned Dilfer. Was it the job of Ravens fans to "support" Dilfer during the 2000 regular season even though they all knew he wasn't good at all? I mean, that's fine if you're 9 years old or retarded, but I'm a grown adult.

His ass is squarely in "Prove it, pillowbitergot" land and always will be. I don't owe him anything right now and neither do you. If he wins a Super Bowl for the Chiefs, I'm going to enjoy the ring just as much as if the Chiefs had drafted and won with their own QB.

You hate your life don't you?

Reerun_KC
01-01-2017, 09:34 PM

No but I sure ****ing hate true fans.

Thier weeping little bitches tonight though.

That list that 9-7 hope and noise bullshit. Now they have to deal with zero wild card games and opportunity.

Sandy Vagina
01-01-2017, 09:35 PM
Im going to be thrilled when he is hoisting the Lombardi in Feb. It's a done deal. We will be Superbowl champs ....

Mark it, save it, print this post. Suck it haters. We're going all the way.

http://www.okmoviequotes.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/8-This-Is-the-End-quotes.gif

RealSNR
01-01-2017, 09:37 PM

My personal life is great. My fan life is doing pretty well at the moment, too. My favorite football team has a 1st round bye in the playoffs, and I didn't even have to suck the QB's dick on the internet to enjoy it.

Reerun_KC
01-01-2017, 09:39 PM
My personal life is great. My fan life is doing pretty well at the moment, too. My favorite football team has a 1st round bye in the playoffs, and I didn't even have to suck the QB's dick on the internet to enjoy it.

:clap:

KChiefs1
01-01-2017, 09:42 PM
Fuck him!

Simplicity
01-01-2017, 09:42 PM

Yeah, I hate giving my favorite team's quarterback any type of respect or credit for leading a team to a #2 seed in the AFC. I mean I would be much happier to be in the playoffs with a guy like McGloin, Moore, or even Tom Savage. I hate having a good quarterback...

tk13
01-01-2017, 09:43 PM
I thought around midseason he may have been regressing. I think from the 4th quarter of the first Denver game on... he was mostly solid. Titans game was a disaster all the way around, but otherwise... Smith has really opened it up and made some money throws. We'll never be a high flying offense but they've made the key plays. That's exactly what you have to do in the playoffs. He's also running more the last couple weeks, which opens up the offense.

Only downside is he's throwing an INT here and there, but that's what some people wanted. He's also making some legit money throws almost every week now. It helps that we have several playmakers now, but that's football. But I don't think you need a 300 yard passer every week, history proves that. You just need a guy who can go for about 250, not turn it over, and make one or two nice plays at key moments.

Reerun_KC
01-01-2017, 09:50 PM
Yeah, I hate giving my favorite team's quarterback any type of respect or credit for leading a team to a #2 seed in the AFC. I mean I would be much happier to be in the playoffs with a guy like McGloin, Moore, or even Tom Savage. I hate having a good quarterback...

Well get over it. It's happening and we are a lock for the Superbowl now. Alex will be the MVP. Mark it down.

RealSNR
01-01-2017, 09:55 PM

What the fuck is wrong with you? Are you 7 years old or some shit? This isn't a fucking elementary classroom, where everybody gets cupcakes on a kids birthday or nobody does at all.

Are you seriously incapable of understanding that it's possible to root for, cheer on, show interest in, and support a football team without believing that every single player on the team is a super special snowflake who makes the team better?

Tons of teams have won Super Bowls while having a dead weight at QB. If we pull it off this year, we'll be one of those teams. It's not a fucking big deal. What Chiefs fans like me don't appreciate is being thought of as less of a fan or less deserving of the end success just because we don't believe Alex Smith is very good or even all that likable.

Baby Lee
01-01-2017, 10:15 PM
What the fuck is wrong with you? Are you 7 years old or some shit? This isn't a fucking elementary classroom, where everybody gets cupcakes on a kids birthday or nobody does at all.

Are you seriously incapable of understanding that it's possible to root for, cheer on, show interest in, and support a football team without believing that every single player on the team is a super special snowflake who makes the team better?

Tons of teams have won Super Bowls while having a dead weight at QB. If we pull it off this year, we'll be one of those teams. It's not a fucking big deal. What Chiefs fans like me don't appreciate is being thought of as less of a fan or less deserving of the end success just because we don't believe Alex Smith is very good or even all that likable.

I'm not going to level accusations directly at you, so I'll reply in the general.

In general if you insist that the QB is the only part of the game that matters, that you hate the QB of the Chiefs, that you know with certainty that with the QB being so important and the Chiefs QB being so shitty that they will never win anything of importance, and you devote your waking hours to Tokyo Rose-ing your talking points on CP for years on end. . .

Then yes, you are less of a fan and less deserving of full enjoyment of end success if and when all your poormouthing and insult slinging and humbugging and 'l'il Chiefying' comes crashing down.

Saccopoo
01-01-2017, 10:26 PM
It would be nice if he wins it and then the ballbag haters who've thrown shit for the past four seasons would have someone drive an ice pick through one or maybe both of their testicles. Because you stand by your words. And if he sucks and wins it, You don't deserve a Super Bowl win. You deserve an ice pick through a testicle.

Don't be a pussy and roll around in victory brought by a guy you think sucks. Take the ice pick you deserve like a man.

O.city
01-01-2017, 10:30 PM
Dudes been on fire the past 2 weeks. He's plays that way, we're going in to Foxboro and winning.

eDave
01-01-2017, 10:32 PM
A got damed Alex Smith thread. Thank God. It's been like 2 days.

SAUTO
01-01-2017, 10:33 PM
Dudes been on fire the past 2 weeks. He's plays that way, we're going in to Foxboro and winning.

I agree. We can win a super bowl with him.

Chiefs beat the packers. That's what I'm calling right now.

ChiefsCountry
01-01-2017, 10:38 PM
Here is how stupid true fans are right now.

RealSNR
01-01-2017, 10:38 PM
I'm not going to level accusations directly at you, so I'll reply in the general.

In general if you insist that the QB is the only part of the game that matters, that you hate the QB of the Chiefs, that you know with certainty that with the QB being so important and the Chiefs QB being so shitty that they will never win anything of importance, and you devote your waking hours to Tokyo Rose-ing your talking points on CP for years on end. . .

Then yes, you are less of a fan and less deserving of full enjoyment of end success if and when all your poormouthing and insult slinging and humbugging and 'l'il Chiefying' comes crashing down.

You should probably have that "general" conversation with those individuals, then. I don't resemble anything in that description of yours.

BigCatDaddy
01-01-2017, 10:43 PM
Here is how stupid true fans are right now.

Got a feeling that one might be used again in a different way.

Baby Lee
01-01-2017, 10:46 PM
You should probably have that "general" conversation with those individuals, then. I don't resemble anything in that description of yours.

Thanks for the tip!!

RealSNR
01-01-2017, 10:47 PM
It would be nice if he wins it and then the ballbag haters who've thrown shit for the past four seasons would have someone drive an ice pick through one or maybe both of their testicles. Because you stand by your words. And if he sucks and wins it, You don't deserve a Super Bowl win. You deserve an ice pick through a testicle.

Don't be a pussy and roll around in victory brought by a guy you think sucks. Take the ice pick you deserve like a man.

Imagine you had some half-retarded Ravens fans from 1999-2000 when Trent Dilfer was with the team. And they were nuts about how much they liked Dilfer. The other Ravens fans were just like, "Yeah, um, well, he made a couple nice throws in the game there, but he's really not that good. But we won, so that's nice." But the Dilfer folks would say things like, "Have you seen his record? He wins gamez like nobody's business! Leader of men! Great glue guy in the locker room! Does charity shit! Nice guy!"

Well, now imagine it's playoff time. The Ravens are winning their games. They get to the Super Bowl. And now all the Dilfer weirdos put out this witch hunt of "WHO HERE REALLY SUPPORTED DILFER? IF YOU DIDN'T SUPPORT HIM IN THE REGULAR SEASON, YOU DON'T GET TO ENJOY THE SUPER BOWL AS MUCH AS THE REST OF US!"

That's how fucking ridiculous this shit sounds right now. I doubt Alex Smith's ability to get the job done. I don't think he's a very good QB. If he wins the playoff games and gets us a Super Bowl, does it really matter if we were sucking his cock during his rough times or times when he was unconvincing as a legit QB but still rode the team's coattails to lots of wins?

Baby Lee
01-01-2017, 10:49 PM
Reality is whatever you want it to be!!

RealSNR
01-01-2017, 10:50 PM
Thanks for the tip!!

I'm willing to have a conversation, but first I need to know what I'm debating. When you say, "This isn't for you," I don't know what the fuck I'm supposed to respond to, particularly if I find your description of events in the stuff that's not for me but some general audience to be not very accurate or helpful to advancing the topic.

eDave

Happy new year Mr. BL. Hope it's a great one for you.

ChiefsFanatic

Is it possible to win a Super Bowl with him? Absolutely. Likely? Fuck no.

It's like "true fans" think because I criticized Smith and Reid, I'm not allowed to enjoy wins where they both do the damn job they're being paid millions of dollars to do.

Today we scored red zone TDs on a bootleg run by Smith, and two kinda misdirection plays to West. Other than the Poe pass, Reid can't seem to call a play that goes directly towards the end zone that results in a TD. But the Smith keeper was great, and I loved seeing West play like he did last year. (BTW, Smith almost missed West on that second TD pass)

And Smith played very well today. That pick 6 wasn't his fault. But I will tell you what was his fault: putting his body and head into positions that could potentially end his season. OK, you threw the pick, now get as far away from that fucking play as you can. He wasn't going to make that tackle, and ended up almost getting his knees rolled up. His gigabytes of hard drive space must have been buffering.

After Indy, he said he was done sliding, but today he made a couple of iffy slides, and narrowly missed having his head removed by a diving Charger. He got up and was pointing to the official, but he should have stood by his earlier statement and not slid at all.

Someone on the Chiefs staff needs to put a compilation video together for Smith showing the hits he took in Indy, plus other sliding QBs like Trent Green, followed by an hour of Marcus Allen and Barry Sanders getting tackled. That way he can study the way they always managed to fall forward without taking direct hits, while managing to deflect a lot of the tacklers force.

When I criticize Reid or Smith, it's based on actual examples of poor play calling and poor decision making or execution.

But that doesn't mean that I want them to do badly. I want every player on the team to play their best. I want every member of the coaching staff to make the best calls, etc.

Being critical doesn't strip me of permission to cheer for my team. I don't need a hall pass from "True Fans" to attend the Team Spirit assembly in the gymnasium.

GO CHIEFS. We have some areas to work on, and an opportunity to do so with the bye week.

And in 2 weeks I hope we can take care of business against whomever we face, and keep it going the week after that.

Winning can mask a lot of flaws, which Reid and Smith have used to cover a variety of blemishes. Here's to hoping they keep that pig covered in make-up and lipstick, just long enough to fool everyone at the Prom.

RealSNR
01-01-2017, 10:52 PM

I'm not the one making the arbitrary rule that says the only people who can celebrate this potential Chiefs Super Bowl victory are the people who like Alex Smith as our starting QB.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
01-01-2017, 10:54 PM
SNR, ChiefsCountry, Reerun -- gets proven wrong, moves goal posts (Learned from Clay)

Proceeeds to change conversation claiming posters are calling Smith a "GOAT" when he has only been credited as an excellent game manager.

eDave
01-01-2017, 10:55 PM
I'm not the one making the arbitrary rule that says the only people who can celebrate this potential Chiefs Super Bowl victory are the people who like Alex Smith as our starting QB.

Alex haters are the real "true fan". Hell yes celebrate it. You hate Alex because you love the Chiefs. I like him because I love the Chiefs.

Whatev's.

eDave
01-01-2017, 10:56 PM
SNR, ChiefsCountry, Reerun -- gets proven wrong, moves goal posts (Learned from Clay)

Proceeeds to change conversation claiming posters are calling Smith a "GOAT" when he has only been credited as an excellent game manager.

Enjoy the win and numba 2, man. We all want the same thing.

Baby Lee
01-01-2017, 10:57 PM

Neither am I. Cheers. :toast:

I've never even asked people to like Alex, just give him [or any Chiefs QB] the proper context in Reid/Dorsey's plan.

I think I laid out my position pretty clearly the first time around, but in case you're still confused.

It's a team game.

- - I should just end there, but in the interest of simplicity and transparency. . .

And if you;
1. think only one part of the team makes any difference, and
2. you hate that part of the team, and
3. rather than discuss anything else about the team, you devote your energies to denigrating people who see things differently by evangelizing your 'First ballot HoF QB or throw it all in the trash' standard for NFL satisfaction.

There's nothing about the present day Chiefs you are rooting for.

I have no problem with someone who thinks Alex has a ton of deficiencies, if he's still rooting for the team to overcome those deficiencies.
I don't think he's perfect either, just that he's right for Reid and worthy of trust the organization places in him.

Now if Alex were to somehow actually carry an underperforming rest of the team to the finish line, and those who insist he's an albatross then insist that 'they knew all along, it was just tough love they were slinging, not hate' we might need another conversation.

Tacoman
01-01-2017, 11:01 PM
Someone on the Chiefs staff needs to put a compilation video together for Smith showing the hits he took in Indy, plus other sliding QBs like Trent Green, followed by an hour of Marcus Allen and Barry Sanders getting tackled. That way he can study the way they always managed to fall forward without taking direct hits, while managing to deflect a lot of the tacklers force.

This is fucking gold right here, have our qb watch videos of him getting his ass kicked over and over clockwork orange style to get ready for playoffs... Have you though about going into coaching?

RealSNR
01-01-2017, 11:02 PM

Anybody else see the hilarious irony in this post?

RealSNR
01-01-2017, 11:03 PM
Alex haters are the real "true fan". Hell yes celebrate it. You hate Alex because you love the Chiefs. I like him because I love the Chiefs.

Whatev's.

I'm fully on board with this. I don't really care if you like him or not. Unless you're a fucking choad about it. Then I have a fucking problem.

And yes, Clay is often a choad about Alex. It can go both ways.

Baby Lee
01-01-2017, 11:22 PM
I don't really care if you like him or not. Unless you're a fucking choad about it. Then I have a fucking problem.

Oh yeah? I heard someone say he was a fucking worthless phaggot.

Man, the nerve of THAT guy. :rolleyes:

;)

RealSNR
01-01-2017, 11:27 PM
Oh yeah? I heard someone say he was a fucking worthless phaggot.

Man, the nerve of THAT guy. :rolleyes:

;)

Who said that?

Baby Lee
01-01-2017, 11:33 PM
Who said that?

Don't be coy. I ain't mad.

Reerun_KC
01-01-2017, 11:35 PM

So Coy said it? Get a rope.

tk13
01-01-2017, 11:38 PM
Just to be fair, the Trent Dilfer thing gets thrown around a lot... but Alex Smith is a much better QB than Dilfer. During that 2000 season, Dilfer finished with 12 TD/11 INT, in his 8 starts he averaged 180 yds/game. Tony Banks actually started the season at QB.

In the playoffs, Dilfer completed 48% of his passes and 148 yards/game. Those are almost Tebow numbers.

stevieray
01-01-2017, 11:42 PM

Is it possible to win a Super Bowl with him? Absolutely. Likely? **** no.

Pffft It will ring hollow.

RealSNR
01-01-2017, 11:46 PM

Are you talking about this post?

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=12654976&postcount=35

RealSNR
01-01-2017, 11:47 PM
Pffft It will ring hollow.

Why?

BossChief
01-01-2017, 11:52 PM
The upcoming Pittsburgh playoff game is going to be a career defining game for Alex Smith.

If he plays well, the Chiefs should have a nice chance of advancing to the AFC championship game in NE and going on to the Super Bowl.

Without Smith playing in tip top form, we won't have a chance.

DaneMcCloud
01-02-2017, 12:00 AM
Miserable people are miserable.

Kudos.

Chief Northman
01-02-2017, 12:01 AM
The upcoming Pittsburgh playoff game is going to be a career defining game for Alex Smith.

If he plays well, the Chiefs should have a nice chance of advancing to the AFC championship game in NE and going on to the Super Bowl.

Team game.

How the Chiefs defense responds to the ass whooping they received in week four at the hands of the Steelers will be more telling.

DJ's left nut
01-02-2017, 12:02 AM
This guy:

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/xAZU6DYwTDM/hqdefault.jpg

Is an asshole.

And yes, the board is populated by them. It's so friggen easy to sit around and say "well they'll lose again" and when they do, just say "see, I told you so". And if they defy the odds and win, acting like you get to just ignore years of being that guy and simply blend in with the revelers is the worst kind of hypocrisy.

The Chiefs probably won't win, but you can say that about every team in the dance right now, IMO. Nobody, not even the Patriots, has a better than 50% shot at winning this thing. Hell, mere combined probability in a parity driven league assures that. Every single team in the playoffs is more likely than not to go home empty-handed.

But this team is still damn good. And it's been damn good all year. And it's been pretty good just about every game under Reid/Dorsey/Smith.

And if you've spent the last 4 years just generally being miserable and don't expect to get called out for that, then you're just Dennis Quaid. And yes, you're an asshole.

DaneMcCloud
01-02-2017, 12:04 AM
Team game.

How the Chiefs defense responds to the ass whooping they received in week four at the hands of the Steelers will be more telling.

No, not really.

Most of the defense from Week 4 is on IR.

DaneMcCloud
01-02-2017, 12:10 AM
And yes, the board is populated by them. It's so friggen easy to sit around and say "well they'll lose again" and when they do, just say "see, I told you so". And if they defy the odds and win, acting like you get to just ignore years of being that guy and simply blend in with the revelers is the worst kind of hypocrisy.

The Chiefs probably won't win, but you can say that about every team in the dance right now, IMO. Nobody, not even the Patriots, has a better than 50% shot at winning this thing. Hell, mere combined probability in a parity driven league assures that. Every single team in the playoffs is more likely

This forum is filled with so many cuntrods that know absolutely nothing about the NFL, and football in general, that's actually staggering.

Loudmouth, buttfucking morons like Claynus and his band of minions (Dagnabit, New World Order, Sweet Daddy, etc.) have so poinsoned the minds of people that have no clue as to what's happening on the field that a 12-4 season, a #2 seed and a second consecutive playoff berth feels like a failure.

They're morons, one and all.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
01-02-2017, 12:11 AM
All I know is we are on a bye week and after that it's just 3 wins to hoist the Lombardi.

Baby Lee
01-02-2017, 12:12 AM
This forum is filled with so many cuntrods that know absolutely nothing about the NFL and football is general that's a staggering.

Loudmouth, buttfucking morons like Claynus and his band of minions (Dagnabit, New World Order, Sweet Daddy, etc.) have so poinsoned the minds of people that have no clue as to what's happening on the field that a 12-4 season, a #2 seed and a second consecutive playoff berth feels like a failure.

ROFL ROFL

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/bigZ1fmwD-Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

eDave
01-02-2017, 12:13 AM
All I know is we are on a bye week and after that it's just 3 wins to hoist the Lombardi.

Someone needs to take out NE. Otherwise, no Lombardi.

Sorry, just being realistic. NE wins SB. AGAIN.

DaneMcCloud
01-02-2017, 12:14 AM
ROFL ROFL

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/bigZ1fmwD-Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ROFL

Nice catch

RealSNR
01-02-2017, 12:16 AM
This guy:

Is an asshole.

The Chiefs probably won't win, but you can say that about every team in the dance right now, IMO. Nobody, not even the Patriots, has a better than 50% shot at winning this thing. Hell, mere combined probability in a parity driven league assures that. Every single team in the playoffs is more likely than not to go home empty-handed.

But this team is still damn good. And it's been damn good all year. And it's been pretty good just about every game under Reid/Dorsey/Smith.

And if you've spent the last 4 years just generally being miserable and don't expect to get called out for that, then you're just Dennis Quaid. And yes, you're an asshole.
This isn't about losing the Super Bowl or coming up short. I've been in the "I'm enjoying the ride" camp for awhile now. I have yet to really freak out about any of our losses this year except for Pittsburgh.

I've been hard on Alex this year because up until a couple weeks ago he wasn't running, and in the second half of the season he's been throwing red zone picks... something he was advertised as NOT doing at all. I don't like the guy. I never have. Just because he's a nice guy doesn't mean I have to like him. Just because he's a Chief doesn't mean I have to like him. And somehow I'm a bad fan who is miserable.

I'd like to think my earnest participation in football topics on this forum since 200fucking2 would lend me some credence among people that I'm not a troll and that I like the Chiefs. I don't get this bullshit from Saccopoo and Baby Lee (I'm sick of trying to figure out his retard shtick, so until he comes clean and writes a fucking coherent thought, I'm going to assume he's talking about me) where all of a sudden people who have been mean to Alex aren't good fans.

It reeks to high heaven of the kind of idiocy that Sandy has been spreading around this forum for the entire Andy Reid tenure. I'm getting really fucking sick of it. This forum used to be a place where you could criticize just for the sake of shooting shit back and forth about football. It was the only Chiefs forum on the internet where that was the case. Now I guess everybody needs Alex's dick in their mouth or they aren't a real fan and won't enjoy the Super Bowl win if KC gets that far.

I don't give a shit if a person posts pro-Alex things. If there are pro-Alex things, it usually means he actually did something positive instead of just shove the football up his ass and make the defense win all the games in the 2nd half by themselves. That's a good thing. Chiefs wins are good. I like them.

DaneMcCloud
01-02-2017, 12:18 AM
This isn't about losing the Super Bowl or coming up short. I've been in the "I'm enjoying the ride" camp for awhile now. I have yet to really freak out about any of our losses this year except for Pittsburgh.

I've been hard on Alex this year because up until a couple weeks ago he wasn't running, and in the second half of the season he's been throwing red zone picks... something he was advertised as NOT doing at all. I don't like the guy. I never have. Just because he's a nice guy doesn't mean I have to like him. Just because he's a Chief doesn't mean I have to like him. And somehow I'm a bad fan who is miserable.

I'd like to think my earnest participation in football topics on this forum since 200fucking2 would lend me some credence among people that I'm not a troll and that I like the Chiefs. I don't get this bullshit from Saccopoo and Baby Lee (I'm sick of trying to figure out his retard shtick, so until he comes clean and writes a fucking coherent thought, I'm going to assume he's talking about me) where all of a sudden people who have been mean to Alex aren't good fans.

It reeks to high heaven of the kind of idiocy that Sandy has been spreading around this forum for the entire Andy Reid tenure. I'm getting really fucking sick of it. This forum used to be a place where you could criticize just for the sake of shooting shit back and forth about football. It was the only Chiefs forum on the internet where that was the case. Now I guess everybody needs Alex's dick in their mouth or they aren't a real fan and won't enjoy the Super Bowl win if KC gets that far.

Whatever.

12-4. #2 seed.

Criticize Alex Smith all you want but it looks foolish.

RealSNR
01-02-2017, 12:36 AM
12-4. #2 seed.

Criticize Alex Smith all you want but it looks foolish.

I've been very fair on Alex ever since my anger about him subsided somewhere around 2014. I still don't like him, but I give him credit where credit is due. There have been plenty of moments this year where I do that in addition to the numerous moments when he deserves to be ripped on.

DaneMcCloud
01-02-2017, 12:39 AM
I've been very fair on Alex ever since my anger about him subsided somewhere around 2014. I still don't like him, but I give him credit where credit is due. There have been plenty of moments this year where I do that in addition to the numerous moments when he deserves to be ripped on.

The same could be said for every NFL QB, including Rogers, Brees, River and Rothlisberger this season.

The only guy that is exempt is Brady.

39 years, no injuries, lights out year, supermodel wife.

What's not to hate?

New World Order
01-02-2017, 12:44 AM
This forum is filled with so many ****rods that know absolutely nothing about the NFL, and football in general, that's actually staggering.

Loudmouth, butt****ing morons like Claynus and his band of minions (Dagnabit, New World Order, Sweet Daddy, etc.) have so poinsoned the minds of people that have no clue as to what's happening on the field that a 12-4 season, a #2 seed and a second consecutive playoff berth feels like a failure.

I've never rooted against KC or wished injury on any player.

It's fine to be critical of a player, Dane.

TripleThreat
01-02-2017, 12:44 AM
Wtf is this thread rofl..

How is thread getting hits when we are 12-4 and just won the division and a first round bye.

Holy shit. I understand the optimism and doubt of us not winning the whole thing this year but holy shit, we should be fucking anything that moves and thank reid, smith, and our wonderful gm for doing a great job being the faces and biggest chess pieces behind this ride that's been going on for 4 years and have now hit imo our best year yet. We shouldn't be complaining a shit ton about these 3 dudes the same day we just won the division and learned we have a bye. We have 2 weeks to do that and realsitically should still be partying. I know I am.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
01-02-2017, 12:46 AM
Someone needs to take out NE. Otherwise, no Lombardi.

Sorry, just being realistic. NE wins SB. AGAIN.

I don't know man. They haven't played that many good teamss...they lucked out in the Ravens matchup where Brady was getting frustrated but the 2 injuries to the starting corners saved Tom's day. Without Gronk, they are very human. Brady had zero touchdowns against Denver and Seattle.

DaneMcCloud
01-02-2017, 12:48 AM

It's okay to be critical of a player, Dane.

But you're constantly wrong as fuck and always negative.

Do I really need to repost your nonsense?

Also, 12-4, like I sad in August.

They didn't get lucky and go 14-2 (although it was there for them but they blew it against Houston, Tampa and Tennessee).

Your fearless leader didn't think they'd win more than 10.

Claynus, the moron.

TripleThreat
01-02-2017, 12:55 AM

It's fine to be critical of a player, Dane.

I mean obviously your right that it's OK to be critical of a player and any player for that matter. But I think Danes point and he can correct me if I'm wrong, but it's more being retarded critical of a player on the lines of it making zero sense or the constant double standards being used. I too find that annoying just in general when speaking on principle about any subject wether it be about smith or beer. Hypocritical stances, and when people pretend they aren't holding such a stance are the most annoying and agitating posters/people. Then theirs just the trolls, that the hypocrite's run with and it becomes a clown Fiesta. that was funny the first year or so, but after 4 years and our team only keeps getting better, makes this "clown Fiesta" simply put retarded because theres posters like dane said that actually believe the horseshit they are posting.

New World Order
01-02-2017, 01:10 AM
But you're constantly wrong as **** and always negative.

They didn't get lucky and go 14-2 (although it was there for them but they blew it against Houston, Tampa and Tennessee).

Claynus, the moron.

I praised Alex Smith and even believed he was player of the game against Denver, at Denver.

I said they would win the division before the season started, and reaffirmed that belief after the Denver win.

I'm not overly negative. I don't bash Alex in every other post unless he plays like shit.

I think that's fair.

Simplicity
01-02-2017, 01:14 AM
The same could be said for every NFL QB, including Rogers, Brees, River and Rothlisberger this season.

The only guy that is exempt is Brady.

39 years, no injuries, lights out year, supermodel wife.

What's not to hate?

Yeah... uh.... no. I believe he was injured.

DaneMcCloud
01-02-2017, 01:18 AM
Yeah... uh.... no. I believe he was injured.

Brady was injured this year?

splatbass
01-02-2017, 01:19 AM
Imagine you had some half-retarded Ravens fans from 1999-2000 when Trent Dilfer was with the team. And they were nuts about how much they liked Dilfer. The other Ravens fans were just like, "Yeah, um, well, he made a couple nice throws in the game there, but he's really not that good. But we won, so that's nice." But the Dilfer folks would say things like, "Have you seen his record? He wins gamez like nobody's business! Leader of men! Great glue guy in the locker room! Does charity shit! Nice guy!"

Well, now imagine it's playoff time. The Ravens are winning their games. They get to the Super Bowl. And now all the Dilfer weirdos put out this witch hunt of "WHO HERE REALLY SUPPORTED DILFER? IF YOU DIDN'T SUPPORT HIM IN THE REGULAR SEASON, YOU DON'T GET TO ENJOY THE SUPER BOWL AS MUCH AS THE REST OF US!"

That's how ****ing ridiculous this shit sounds right now. I doubt Alex Smith's ability to get the job done. I don't think he's a very good QB. If he wins the playoff games and gets us a Super Bowl, does it really matter if we were sucking his cock during his rough times or times when he was unconvincing as a legit QB but still rode the team's coattails to lots of wins?

Trent Dilfer is no Alex Smith. There is no comparison at all. Smith is a LOT better than he ever was.

Simplicity
01-02-2017, 01:22 AM
**** him. He can't even take care of the football anymore. He's mistake prone and he ****ing sucks

"I give him credit when credit is due"

Dude is the quarterback of a team that is the #2 seed in the AFC and is an AFC West champion. He does not "****ing suck".

and the fact that you are even comparing Dilfer to Alex Smith is ****ing stupid.

splatbass
01-02-2017, 01:25 AM
This forum is filled with so many ****rods that know absolutely nothing about the NFL, and football in general, that's actually staggering.

Loudmouth, butt****ing morons like Claynus and his band of minions (Dagnabit, New World Order, Sweet Daddy, etc.) have so poinsoned the minds of people that have no clue as to what's happening on the field that a 12-4 season, a #2 seed and a second consecutive playoff berth feels like a failure.

This. Except Dagnabit is SweetDaddyHate.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-02-2017, 01:26 AM
Enjoy your day, Smith-ites.

I will be waiting with open arms to welcome you to the Circle of Hate when the time is upon ye'.

Good day sirs!

splatbass
01-02-2017, 01:29 AM

I will be waiting with open arms to welcome you to the Circle of Hate when the time is upon ye'.

Good day sirs!

You'll be waiting a long time.

Simplicity
01-02-2017, 01:32 AM
Brady was injured this year?

I thought you meant in his career. I did find a flaw for him this year though... Dude was suspended 4 games. Has to count for something?

tk13
01-02-2017, 01:45 AM
I actually think the better comparison is Brad Johnson. Very similar situations, West Coast offense, short passing game, efficient with the football. Same thing Gruden got out of Rich Gannon.

People are way too hard on Alex, he's not anywhere close to Dilfer. The problem is we have to go through Brady. Their offense isn't the same without Gronk, but don't kid yourself... Brady had 28 TD and 2 INT this year. That's an all-time season. It's going to be a challenge for anyone to go in there and win. That's why it's easy to sit here for people to be cynical and end up right. You basically have to overcome the greatest QB of this generation. Hardly anyone can do that.

And honestly, most of the teams who've beaten Brady have done it because of defense. Peyton Manning was on his last leg last year but their defense was all world. The Giants beat them twice with truly elite defensive performances. Flacco's done it twice, once when he caught absolute fire and had one of the great playoff runs ever.... but the first time he literally went 4/10 for 34 yards passing.

Mav
01-02-2017, 01:48 AM
This guy:

Is an asshole.

That's Randy Quaid. Ftr. But your point was well made.

RunKC
01-02-2017, 01:53 AM
It depends solely on how he plays vs the Steelers. He needs to keep playing like he has been the last 2 weeks, which the offense as a whole looks to have really come on.

I'm just throwing this out there....but damn does DeShaun Watson look like a perfect fit for this offense

UK_Chief
01-02-2017, 03:29 AM
The big difference recently has been he has been running again. A conservative QB that rarely turns it over means a lot of 3 and outs unless the QB is prepared to tuck and run. Alex doing that makes one hell of a difference to the Offense

New World Order
01-02-2017, 03:38 AM
The big difference recently has been he has been running again. A conservative QB that rarely turns it over means a lot of 3 and outs unless the QB is prepared to tuck and run. Alex doing that makes one hell of a difference to the Offense

He better be ready to put up points against "Teh Rape"

NJChiefsFan
01-02-2017, 03:50 AM
This guy:

Is an asshole.

I'm with you to an extent. Posters like clay deserve that label if we win. Few others can be put there as well. Those professing future joy in coming back to say I told you so would qualify. I think it's a small select few. However mr quaid also was one of the few fans in the stands when the team was awful, aka the pioli, herm, ect years. In my book that's something.

So if snr is being put in the "you can't enjoy this category", I couldn't disagree more. Whether he was right about a player or not, stubborn or not, doesn't matter. He was there through it all. Now if the fans in the stands think quaid obnoxious and don't want to celebrate with him, that's a different story.

UK_Chief
01-02-2017, 05:04 AM
He better be ready to put up points against "Teh Rape"

At this point I'm worried about our run D and lack of pass rush. Get that figured out in the next 2 weeks and I think we have a shot. (Assuming it's Pitt)

Sandy Vagina
01-02-2017, 08:16 AM
Team game.

Yes, this.

This next game or any single game won't be career defining. I have no doubt that he will go out and at the very minimum, play his role at a B grade level.

Much like the Indy loss.. if Smith has to carry the team's fail and can not, I'm not going to throw much blame his way. He is what he is. A reliable QB that is there to do his part. As a team, others have to get out there and do theirs.

mcaj22
01-02-2017, 08:19 AM
If he gets this team by the Patriots in the AFC Championship Game I will be pro Alex 4 lyfe NWO NEW WORLD ORDER Jimi Hendrix guitar riffs

Sandy Vagina
01-02-2017, 08:23 AM
I'd like to think my earnest participation in football topics on this forum since 200****ing2 would lend me some credence among people that I'm not a troll and that I like the Chiefs. I don't get this bullshit from Saccopoo and Baby Lee (I'm sick of trying to figure out his retard shtick, so until he comes clean and writes a ****ing coherent thought, I'm going to assume he's talking about me) where all of a sudden people who have been mean to Alex aren't good fans.

I will no longer tell fans what it is that they deserve.. that was wrong of me.

... but I sure see their point. You have been almost completely miserable, negative, and shitty in all of your Chiefs posts this season... probably longer..

I can see why people are viewing you and those like you as Cassell in this gif.

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Matt-Cassel-Celebration-Fail.gif

Reerun_KC
01-02-2017, 08:30 AM

Were winning the Superbowl because of Alex and Andy. I just hope you don't stroke out and miss us hosting the trophy in a few weeks.

Enjoy the ride and let's the pro Alex / realistic Alex fans fight it out ....

He will be a Superbowl mvp and you will miss if you don't calm down.

#loveyoubrother

ChiefsCountry
01-02-2017, 08:32 AM
I don't want Alex Smith because he isn't good enough to win a Super Bowl. That's been my stance all long. I don't want to piss away another talented roster because we have an average QB. Guess we will find out in two weeks who really is right. Or the excuses will come like always like the kicker, or the refs, or the defense, or Bowe, and we just need this to get over the hump.

Dinny Bossa Nova
01-02-2017, 08:36 AM
I see a similar path shaping up between Alex Smith and Len Dawson.

One day, we will see that Andy actually HAS found the next Len Dawson.

Dinny

Reerun_KC
01-02-2017, 08:39 AM

Dinny

Is this according to your Madden game?

Dinny Bossa Nova
01-02-2017, 08:41 AM
Is this according to your Madden game?

It appears I have struck a nerve.

You'll be fine.

Dinny

Reerun_KC
01-02-2017, 08:45 AM
It appears I have struck a nerve.

You'll be fine.

Dinny

Of course I'll be fine. You're my friend Dinny.

O.city
01-02-2017, 08:58 AM
It's been a fun season of ups and downs, mostly ups obviously. One of the more exciting ones I remember.

Yet if they don't win the SB we will get some that will label it a train wreck waste. I don't really get that.

Mosbonian
01-02-2017, 09:07 AM
Funny......I remember when the Chiefs were winning in the 60's with a QB named Dawson. Even though there wasn't a Net like there is now, some of the same vitriol was being spouted about Lenny the Cool, even after he won us a SB.

People will always pick apart the players....no matter who they are and how good they may play.

I predict that even if the Chiefs were to beat Pittsburgh, beat NE, and then win the Super Bowl, there would be people calling for Reid's and Smith's head.

mcaj22
01-02-2017, 09:34 AM
It's been a fun season of ups and downs, mostly ups obviously. One of the more exciting ones I remember.

Yet if they don't win the SB we will get some that will label it a train wreck waste. I don't really get that.

What's there not to get?

A) Would you like to see the Chiefs win a Super Bowl in your lifetime on planet Earth?

If answered yes,

B) Would you agree this team since the 1960s Chiefs is the best team for a Super Bowl window/chance since the 93 Chiefs?

If answered yes,

then if they don't win it is a bust season. You can't predict the future, you can't predict what this team will look like in 2017. We have the past, present and future talent all playing together now, why not hope for that Super Bowl win? Next season the wheels could literally fall off and the window could close, that's how fast the NFL moves.

GoChargers
01-02-2017, 09:49 AM

Dinny

Alex Smith is not the next Len Dawson, not even close. Dawson led the AFL in touchdowns and yards per attempt as a rookie. He threw more touchdowns than any other pro football quarterback from 1962-1969. He threw for over 2,000 yards in seven straight seasons, in an era where defenses had more leeway to mug receivers and offensive stats weren't as inflated as they are now. No need to diminish one of your franchise's legends in order to prop up the current QB.

DJ's left nut
01-02-2017, 09:51 AM
So if snr is being put in the "you can't enjoy this category", I couldn't disagree more. Whether he was right about a player or not, stubborn or not, doesn't matter. He was there through it all. Now if the fans in the stands think quaid obnoxious and don't want to celebrate with him, that's a different story.

Nah, if you were to put SNR there, you'd have to put guys like Duncan Idaho and some other very good fans there as well. Those guys aren't miserable cunts, they're just people that don't think Alex Smith is a championship caliber quarterback. They're wrong, but they're not going to sit around like some of the truly miserable shitheels on this site and bemoan wins.

The difference is the general trend. This: Fuck him. He can't even take care of the football anymore. He's mistake prone and he fucking sucks

Is gamethread caliber pissed off - it happens mid-game. It happens mid-draft. It happens a lot with passionate fans in the heat of the moment. A day later, you cool off and realize you probably overplayed things a bit. SNR doesn't think Smith sucks. We know what 'sucks' looks like (it very likely looks a lot like Matt McGloin and Connor Cook; sucks kills any team it plays for).

Though I'll say the same thing I said before the Colts playoff game where people were suddenly pro-Alex even after the loss - Alex Smith isn't going to 'prove' anything in that game. He is exactly the player he's been for 60+ goddamn starts now. If he goes out there and throws for 400 yards and 4 TDs, he isn't Aaron Rodgers. If he goes out there and throws for 124 yards and 3 interceptions, he isn't Matt Cassel. He's just the same solid quarterback that had a good/bad day on that day.

And recent history has shown that solid quarterbacks are absolutely capable of winning championships. SNR wants to hold up Dilfer but the Alex Smith's career looks a hell of a lot more like Joe Flacco's than it does Trent Dilfer's. And frankly, I'd take the 4 years Alex Smith has put up in KC over Eli Manning's wing it and pray quarterbacking.

Alex Smith can't 'prove' anything. He's not going to ascend to elite status and it's already been established that merely decent quarterbacks can win a championship. If he were to go out there and put up a playoff run on par with anything Montana ever did, it wouldn't make him an elite QB any more than Flacco's run did - it would mean he is a fine QB who had a nice run at the right time (and even Flacco needed to get damn lucky; thanks again, Rahim Moore).

DJ's left nut
01-02-2017, 09:53 AM
That's Randy Quaid. Ftr. But your point was well made.

God dammit....I even googled 'Randy Quaid Major League II' to find the !@#$ing image.

I'm an idiot.

DJ's left nut
01-02-2017, 09:54 AM
But you're constantly wrong as fuck and always negative.

Claynus, the moron.

He's surpassed CoMo and Clay in his ability to be wrong about absolutely EVERYTHING.

He's still certain that Ronda Rousey would kick Floyd Mayweather's ass. "JUST SHOOT!!!!"

Fucking moron.

Trivers
01-02-2017, 09:55 AM
Nah, if you were to put SNR there, you'd have to put guys like Duncan Idaho and some other very good fans there as well. Those guys aren't miserable ****s, they're just people that don't think Alex Smith is a championship caliber quarterback. They're wrong, but they're not going to sit around like some of the truly miserable shitheels on this site and bemoan wins.

The difference is the general trend. This:

Is gamethread caliber pissed off - it happens mid-game. It happens mid-draft. It happens a lot with passionate fans in the heat of the moment. A day later, you cool off and realize you probably overplayed things a bit. SNR doesn't think Smith sucks. We know what 'sucks' looks like (it very likely looks a lot like Matt McGloin and Connor Cook; sucks kills any team it plays for).

Though I'll say the same thing I said before the Colts playoff game where people were suddenly pro-Alex even after the loss - Alex Smith isn't going to 'prove' anything in that game. He is exactly the player he's been for 60+ goddamn starts now. If he goes out there and throws for 400 yards and 4 TDs, he isn't Aaron Rodgers. If he goes out there and throws for 124 yards and 3 interceptions, he isn't Matt Cassel. He's just the same solid quarterback that had a good/bad day on that day.

And recent history has shown that solid quarterbacks are absolutely capable of winning championships. SNR wants to hold up Dilfer but the Alex Smith's career looks a hell of a lot more like Joe Flacco's than it does Trent Dilfer's. And frankly, I'd take the 4 years Alex Smith has put up in KC over Eli Manning's wing it and pray quarterbacking.

Alex Smith can't 'prove' anything. He's not going to ascend to elite status and it's already been established that merely decent quarterbacks can win a championship. If he were to go out there and put up a playoff run on par with anything Montana ever did, it wouldn't make him an elite QB any more than Flacco's run did - it would mean he is a fine QB who had a nice run at the right time (and even Flacco needed to get damn lucky; thanks again, Rahim Moore).

Well written. Rep.

Sandy Vagina
01-02-2017, 09:55 AM

Amen. Same here.

To each his own, but each game won brightens my weekend, and lasts throughout the week. Every fan wants to win the big one, though to maintain an all-or-nothing attitude just feels more like an entitled child's spoiled, unrealistic tantrum.

but again.. to each his own. I have not suffered as long over not winning the big one, so....

Sandy Vagina
01-02-2017, 10:00 AM
Though I'll say the same thing I said before the Colts playoff game where people were suddenly pro-Alex even after the loss - Alex Smith isn't going to 'prove' anything in that game.

He is exactly the player he's been for 60+ goddamn starts now.

If he goes out there and throws for 400 yards and 4 TDs, he isn't Aaron Rodgers. If he goes out there and throws for 124 yards and 3 interceptions, he isn't Matt Cassel. He's just the same solid quarterback that had a good/bad day on that day.

And recent history has shown that solid quarterbacks are absolutely capable of winning championships.

This right here is absolute gold. Basically what I was saying in another post, but you articulated it much more thoroughly. :clap:

RealSNR
01-02-2017, 10:09 AM
... but I sure see their point. You have been almost completely miserable, negative, and shitty in all of your Chiefs posts this season... probably longer..

You must have missed when I was defending Alex from the Foles4prez people during his concussion. About how we needed him, and if Foles were our QB for any amount of time, we might not even make the playoffs at all. You also probably missed the times when I said I didn't care that he missed wide open Kelces and Maclins for plays longer than the first down, as long as he continued to be efficient and keep defenses on their heels by converting and chewing clock. I said that's all he needed to worry about, and I was totally fine with that. You also probably missed my high praise of his late-game comebacks, and how he is absolutely capable of making the plays he has to if the Chiefs are going to win anything of significance in the playoffs.

And there are numerous other examples. Just because I'm pissed that he's now turning the ball over quite a bit in recent games doesn't mean I don't have good things to say about the guy.

DJ's right. I definitely was pissed off during the game. I get pissed off when Alex plays like shit but I still have his nutsuckers buzzing around me like a bunch of fucking gnats.

I also still love to post the occasional "Alex Smith sucks" post whenever somebody bitches about the number of thread derailments or about how T3H CLAY MINIONZ OH NOEEEEZZZ!!!!!! are fucking up CP's shit. That will never go away because it's really fucking funny.

I'm glad you are backing away from the "People deserve ______ if they don't accept Smith" line. I would also challenge you to stop calling me miserable, because while it doesn't bother me, you're still fucking wrong. I'm having a great time. Just because it doesn't look like the way you celebrate KC's success doesn't mean it makes me miserable.

Mav
01-02-2017, 10:50 AM
God dammit....I even googled 'Randy Quaid Major League II' to find the !@#$ing image.

I'm an idiot.

I do it all the time. [emoji23]

Mav
01-02-2017, 10:51 AM
Nah, if you were to put SNR there, you'd have to put guys like Duncan Idaho and some other very good fans there as well. Those guys aren't miserable cunts, they're just people that don't think Alex Smith is a championship caliber quarterback. They're wrong, but they're not going to sit around like some of the truly miserable shitheels on this site and bemoan wins.

It's January 2nd but this post is gonna be really hard to top in 2017. Well done DJ

Mav
01-02-2017, 10:54 AM
You must have missed when I was defending Alex from the Foles4prez people during his concussion. About how we needed him, and if Foles were our QB for any amount of time, we might not even make the playoffs at all. You also probably missed the times when I said I didn't care that he missed wide open Kelces and Maclins for plays longer than the first down, as long as he continued to be efficient and keep defenses on their heels by converting and chewing clock. I said that's all he needed to worry about, and I was totally fine with that. You also probably missed my high praise of his late-game comebacks, and how he is absolutely capable of making the plays he has to if the Chiefs are going to win anything of significance in the playoffs.

And there are numerous other examples. Just because I'm pissed that he's now turning the ball over quite a bit in recent games doesn't mean I don't have good things to say about the guy.

DJ's right. I definitely was pissed off during the game. I get pissed off when Alex plays like shit but I still have his nutsuckers buzzing around me like a bunch of fucking gnats.

I also still love to post the occasional "Alex Smith sucks" post whenever somebody bitches about the number of thread derailments or about how T3H CLAY MINIONZ OH NOEEEEZZZ!!!!!! are fucking up CP's shit. That will never go away because it's really fucking funny.

I'm glad you are backing away from the "People deserve ______ if they don't accept Smith" line. I would also challenge you to stop calling me miserable, because while it doesn't bother me, you're still fucking wrong. I'm having a great time. Just because it doesn't look like the way you celebrate KC's success doesn't mean it makes me miserable.

I've always loved your postings. It's one of the things I look forward to when I come here. [emoji106]

O.city
01-02-2017, 11:05 AM
What's there not to get?

A) Would you like to see the Chiefs win a Super Bowl in your lifetime on planet Earth?

If answered yes,

B) Would you agree this team since the 1960s Chiefs is the best team for a Super Bowl window/chance since the 93 Chiefs?

If answered yes,

then if they don't win it is a bust season. You can't predict the future, you can't predict what this team will look like in 2017. We have the past, present and future talent all playing together now, why not hope for that Super Bowl win? Next season the wheels could literally fall off and the window could close, that's how fast the NFL moves.

Sure, but there's some nuance there.

Going 12 and 4 against the schedule they played, with the hand they were dealt is impressive. Winning the division, etc was a great fun year as a fan. If they get beat by pitt or new england or god forbid actually make the SB and lose, I'll still have enjoyed the season.

I hope they do win a championship.

But if the best qb coach duo in history can't win it every year, I'm not gonna be overwhelmed if this chiefs team cant.

Easy 6
01-02-2017, 11:08 AM
I actually think the better comparison is Brad Johnson. Very similar situations, West Coast offense, short passing game, efficient with the football. Same thing Gruden got out of Rich Gannon.

People are way too hard on Alex, he's not anywhere close to Dilfer.

Excellent call on Brad Johnson/Gannon, thats the best comparison IMO

And yes, its definitely Smith > Dilfer

NJChiefsFan
01-02-2017, 11:35 AM
Alex has seemed to add that back shoulder throw a little bit. Very nice one to Maclin yesterday.

Reerun_KC
01-02-2017, 11:39 AM
So if he doesn't deliver the Superbowl this year. Then what?

I think he'll be Superbowl MVP.

RaidersOftheCellar
01-02-2017, 11:47 AM

Reid and Sutton will be fully preparing for Pittsburgh for the next 2 weeks. Key players should be healthy. Revenge factor. D has something to prove.

Calling it now. KC moves on.

DJ's left nut
01-02-2017, 11:48 AM

This:

But if the best qb coach duo in history can't win it every year, I'm not gonna be overwhelmed if this chiefs team cant.

Tom Brady is very possibly the greatest quarterback in NFL history. He's been underpaid in a cap league for his entire career which has been a huge advantage in an era when merely decent QBs are getting $20 million AAV. Bill Belichick is inarguably the greatest coach in NFL history.

And those two guys have failed to win Super Bowls in 3/4 of the seasons they've spent together. You cannot have a better combination than those two guys at the top of your organization and still you're looking at a no better than 70% failure rate.

If Alex Smith doesn't win a Super Bowl this year I'll do the same thing that I'd do if he does win the Super Bowl - I'd ask myself if he's physically and mentally capable of being the same QB in 2017 that he's been from 2012-2016. If I don't think he can be, I'd look to move up in the draft and find a replacement (while also looking at Romo to capitalize on the remaining prime years of some of my core players). If I think he can, I still take a QB if I like who's there at the back of the 1st and if not, I ride with Smith again.

Nothing that Alex Smith does in this post-season should change anybody's perception of him for good or for ill. He is who he is.

Sandy Vagina
01-02-2017, 11:54 AM
This:

Tom Brady is very possibly the greatest quarterback in NFL history. He's been underpaid in a cap league for his entire career which has been a huge advantage in an era when merely decent QBs are getting $20 million AAV. Bill Belichick is inarguably the greatest coach in NFL history.

And those two guys have failed to win Super Bowls in 3/4 of the seasons they've spent together. You cannot have a better combination than those two guys at the top of your organization and still you're looking at a no better than 70% failure rate.

If Alex Smith doesn't win a Super Bowl this year I'll do the same thing that I'd do if he does win the Super Bowl - I'd ask myself if he's physically and mentally capable of being the same QB in 2017 that he's been from 2012-2016. If I don't think he can be, I'd look to move up in the draft and find a replacement (while also looking at Romo to capitalize on the remaining prime years of some of my core players). If I think he can, I still take a QB if I like who's there at the back of the 1st and if not, I ride with Smith again.

Nothing that Alex Smith does in this post-season should change anybody's perception of him for good or for ill. He is who he is.

THIS guy gets it. ^

O.city
01-02-2017, 11:55 AM
This:

They're sitting perfect to take a guy like DeShaun watson, if he falls to them, in the first and let him sit a year. I'm not crazy about the guy sitting because you lose a year of the value but if smith is still playing well, it's an equal payoff.

I'm not sure I'd wade into Romo waters (I'm a big fan of his, dude has been criminally bashed and underrated imo) but at 37 I'm not sure how he'd hold up.

With all their picks they could have this year, I'm very hopeful a situation plays out where a prime ilb falls into our laps and watson falls into the top of the 2nd and they could trade up for him.

Although the 5th year option on a qb is big so I'd rather reverse the roles.

PAChiefsGuy
01-02-2017, 11:57 AM
Alex Smith is a solid QB. He wins games, doesn't make a lot of mistakes and plays smart.

No need to desperately search for his replacement at this point. We've got ourselves a good QB who can get us a SB. We are in a position a lot of teams wish they were so lets try to embrace it.

In Reid We Trust.

Reerun_KC
01-02-2017, 11:59 AM
Alex Smith is a solid QB. He wins games, doesn't make a lot of mistakes and plays smart.

No need to desperately search for his replacement at this point. We've got ourselves a good QB who can get us a SB. We are in a position a lot of teams wish they were so lets try to embrace it.

In Reid We Trust.
Damn that was beautiful. Season tickets are still available?

mdchiefsfan
01-02-2017, 01:05 PM

ROFL

CoMoChief
01-02-2017, 01:27 PM
Chiefs don't stand a chance vs NE in Foxboro

Blount will run down the Chiefs throats. And Tom Brady and Pats defense simply don't lose at home in the playoffs.

So unless by some miracle the Pats get taken out in the divisional rd, there's no way the Chiefs will be playing in this year's SB.

To be honest I don't think the Chiefs will get past PIT (assuming they take care of biz next wk).

-Chiefs have practically ZERO pass rush. Something like 3 sacks in last 5 games. THAT's BAD. Don't talk to me about QB pressures. DV used to gloat about QB pressures after losing ballgames because opposing offenses shredded our D all game long.

- Chiefs CAN NOT stop the run. You don't think Bell will be licking his chops? You don't think Todd Haley doesn't realize this or hasn't took notice? Look for Bell to rush for 150+ and a couple TD's as we all flashback to the Clinton Portis DEN days.

NJChiefsFan
01-02-2017, 01:28 PM

95.5% attendance this year. Now to be fair, even NE was only at 97.2%. Still was disappointing to see some of the crowds this year. The Raiders game had a ton of Raider fans. I fear the same if PIT comes to town.

Red Dawg
01-02-2017, 01:30 PM

I told you once already! SHUT YOUR WHORE MOUTH! Stop jinxing us!

BigCatDaddy
01-02-2017, 01:50 PM

I think you have to roll the dice with Romo at that point. Just be sure you have a more than capable backup.

Chief Northman
01-02-2017, 02:09 PM
Chiefs don't stand a chance vs NE in Foxboro

Blount will run down the Chiefs throats. And Tom Brady and Pats defense simply don't lose at home in the playoffs.

So unless by some miracle the Pats get taken out in the divisional rd, there's no way the Chiefs will be playing in this year's SB.

To be honest I don't think the Chiefs will get past PIT (assuming they take care of biz next wk).

-Chiefs have practically ZERO pass rush. Something like 3 sacks in last 5 games. THAT's BAD. Don't talk to me about QB pressures. DV used to gloat about QB pressures after losing ballgames because opposing offenses shredded our D all game long.

- Chiefs CAN NOT stop the run. You don't think Bell will be licking his chops? You don't think Todd Haley doesn't realize this or hasn't took notice? Look for Bell to rush for 150+ and a couple TD's as we all flashback to the Clinton Portis DEN days.

Why are you posting at all? You already know what's going to happen - get your ass to Vegas now!

RaidersOftheCellar
01-02-2017, 04:16 PM
Pass rush and O-line have been disappointing, but Houston should be healthy, and pass protection has been more consistent lately. RBs still get blown up in the backfield every time they go up the middle, but I think that can be overcome with creative playcalling.

PAChiefsGuy
01-02-2017, 04:43 PM

Please visit http://www.chiefs.com/tickets/index.html for more information.

Thank you.

threebag
01-02-2017, 05:52 PM

I'd like to think my earnest participation in football topics on this forum since 200****ing2 would lend me some credence among people that I'm not a troll and that I like the Chiefs. I don't get this bullshit from Saccopoo and Baby Lee (I'm sick of trying to figure out his retard shtick, so until he comes clean and writes a ****ing coherent thought, I'm going to assume he's talking about me) where all of a sudden people who have been mean to Alex aren't good fans.

It reeks to high heaven of the kind of idiocy that Sandy has been spreading around this forum for the entire Andy Reid tenure. I'm getting really ****ing sick of it. This forum used to be a place where you could criticize just for the sake of shooting shit back and forth about football. It was the only Chiefs forum on the internet where that was the case. Now I guess everybody needs Alex's dick in their mouth or they aren't a real fan and won't enjoy the Super Bowl win if KC gets that far.

I don't give a shit if a person posts pro-Alex things. If there are pro-Alex things, it usually means he actually did something positive instead of just shove the football up his ass and make the defense win all the games in the 2nd half by themselves. That's a good thing. Chiefs wins are good. I like them.

You're a ****ing idiot Shemp.

threebag
01-02-2017, 05:57 PM

Good day sirs!

Pivot man?

SAUTO
01-02-2017, 06:33 PM

SAUTO
01-02-2017, 06:36 PM

SportsVideoGuy
01-02-2017, 06:46 PM
Here's the real... When Alex was on the 49'ers, he had a great defense then, too. He was always winning by not losing control of his own composure. It's very reasonable to believe he could have a ring playing his style if Kyle Williams didn't botch TWO kick/punt returns in the NFC Championship.

ChiefsCountry
01-02-2017, 06:48 PM
Here's the real... When Alex was on the 49'ers, he had a great defense then, too. He was always winning by not losing control of his own composure. It's very reasonable to believe he could have a ring playing his style if Kyle Williams didn't botch TWO kick/punt returns in the NFC Championship.

Or he could have actually made some plays in the game instead of blaming special teams.

SportsVideoGuy
01-02-2017, 06:51 PM
The Giants had one of the best defenses in the league. No one stops someone from actually catching punts except the returner. I don't think the two can even be compared.

l4z4rd
01-02-2017, 06:55 PM
Or he could have actually made some plays in the game instead of blaming special teams.

Or Williams could have caught/fair catch/get the fuck out of the way on both punts (which led to 10 points for the Giants).

ChiefsCountry
01-02-2017, 06:59 PM
That 1-13 3rd down conversations was not the reason at all they lost I'm sure.

l4z4rd
01-02-2017, 07:04 PM

Take away the 2 turnovers deep in their end and they win even with going 1-13 on 3rd down. Eli couldn't move the ball on that defense.

Marcellus
01-02-2017, 07:04 PM
Is it too much to fucking ask to at least get through this seasons playoffs and see where we land before putting the Alex Smith head on a spike?

JFC the CP fanbase is a bunch off asshats that deserve jack and shit for the way they constantly bitch and moan.

Guess what assholes, if we dont win the SB you have 6 months to complain and beg for another QB. Nothing is going to change BEFORE the end of these playoffs.

Fuck this place is getting old.

ChiefsCountry
01-02-2017, 07:06 PM
Take away the 2 turnovers deep in their end and they win even with going 1-13 on 3rd down. Eli couldn't move the ball on that defense.

Or make some fucking plays where turnovers don't cost you games.

stevieray
01-02-2017, 07:20 PM
Is it too much to ****ing ask to at least get through this seasons playoffs and see where we land before putting the Alex Smith head on a spike?

JFC the CP fanbase is a bunch off asshats that deserve jack and shit for the way they constantly .bitch and moan.

Guess what assholes, if we dont win the SB you have 6 months to complain and beg for another QB. Nothing is going to change BEFORE the end of these playoffs.

**** this place is getting old.

...the self inflated opinion, in the end, is worth more than the Chiefs winning it all.

Have fun proving you're all in, when you have to be dragged kicking and screaming all season over one player.

SportsVideoGuy
01-02-2017, 07:26 PM
Or make some ****ing plays where turnovers don't cost you games.

Hate to break it to you, but turnovers almost always decide the game. That's just the way things are and why Alex has been winning so much since 2012.

PAChiefsGuy
01-02-2017, 07:27 PM

As could have Matt Ryan, Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady. That Giant's D pretty much shut down all of those QBs during their SB run...

Marcellus
01-02-2017, 07:31 PM
Hate to break it to you, but turnovers almost always decide the game. That's just the way things are and why Alex has been winning so much since 2012.

Are you daring to imply that those who are bashing Smith for helping lose 2 games via turnover this season aren't giving credit to him for the 12 they won via protecting the ball?

Or the other 33 games the previous 3 years?

threebag
01-02-2017, 07:37 PM
Is it too much to ****ing ask to at least get through this seasons playoffs and see where we land before putting the Alex Smith head on a spike?

JFC the CP fanbase is a bunch off asshats that deserve jack and shit for the way they constantly bitch and moan.

**** this place is getting old.

We're running on 18 plus weeks of the same shit. I am enjoying the ride with the best team we have fielded in forever. Go Alex, GO CHIEFS!!!

ChiefsCountry
01-02-2017, 07:38 PM
why Alex has been winning so much since 2012.

Expect for the playoffs when it really matters.

Marcellus
01-02-2017, 07:39 PM
Expect for the playoffs when it really matters.

Then dont watch and go the fuck away.

Marcellus
01-02-2017, 07:41 PM
We're running on 18 plus weeks of the same shit. I am enjoying the ride with the best team we have fielded in forever. Go Alex, GO CHIEFS!!!

Been here since 2003 and thats after being at the old Star Board in 2000 and its dumber than it has ever been.

Its like a contest to see who can out bitch the other person as if it makes a fucking difference in what the CHiefs do or what happens on the field.

Fuck anyone who thinks we have no chance. Just go away and STFU. You can gloat later.

NJChiefsFan
01-02-2017, 08:00 PM
As could have Matt Ryan, Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady. That Giant's D pretty much shut down all of those QBs during their SB run...

The 9ers were 1-13 in that game on 3rd down. I don't care what happened on that special teams play. That is where they lost that game. I'm not trying to make some subtle shot at current Alex or place it all on him. However the 3rd down offense failed sf in that game.

The giants d was tough no doubt. But if we are discussing reasons for that loss, whether against a tough defense or not, going 1-13 on third down is crippling.

ChiefsCountry
01-02-2017, 08:06 PM
Then dont watch and go the **** away.

Fuck off. This Alex wins all the time bull shit is great for the regular season. But it hasn't translated into the postseason, you know when the shit really matters.

Considering everybody wants the same goal for the Chiefs - Super Bowl championship. All because you don't think Alex Smith is a worth a shit doesn't mean you don't want it to happen. It's really hypocritical of the true fan homer bullshiters to tell people to go away. Expect for the 49er taint suckers - they can go fuck themselves.

RealSNR
01-02-2017, 08:08 PM
...the self inflated opinion, in the end, is worth more than the Chiefs winning it all.

Have fun proving you're all in, when you have to be dragged kicking and screaming all season over one player.
Who died and made anybody the St. Peter of Chiefs heaven?

"Welcome to Chiefs heaven. They finally won a Super Bowl in your lifetime. Prepare yourself for judgment to determine if you are worthy of the Super Bowl victory."

That's what that shit fucking is. You can use whatever cryptic and non-sensical wording to say that's not what it's about, but that's exactly what it boils down to. Some people don't like Alex Smith. Some people are pessimistic about the Chiefs chances. And they have to "prove" they're all in to the rest of the forum.

And if you don't give a shit, then just shut up. It's that simple.

splatbass
01-02-2017, 09:20 PM
What's there not to get?

If answered yes,

If answered yes,

It is not a bust season if we lose. Only 1 out of 32 teams wins each year.

okcchief
01-02-2017, 10:55 PM
I've been extremely critical of Alex in years past. I've been happy with his play this year overall. He's come up in big moments and when the offense is opened up has looked good. Still I can't act like he's doing anything special. We have a very good team and if what he brings this postseason is enough then Go Alex! I don't need to be right I just want the Chiefs to win. I hope Alex has a fantastic postseason.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

DaneMcCloud
01-02-2017, 11:02 PM

You're so fuckimg full of SHIT and have been repeating this fucking BULLSHIT since 2013.

How many points did the great Patriots and Tom Brady score AGAINST THE SAME DEFENSE in the Super Bowl?

Huh? How many, you fucking LOUDMOUTHED BLOWHARD?

Huh?

BlackOp
01-02-2017, 11:19 PM
Smith has been nails this year...that comeback in Denver was fantastic. So was the week one game which set a franchise record. They have beat some of the top offenses in the NFL with a 20 something defense. Beat both potential MVP QBs they have faced too...

How can you dis your QB who just went 6-0 in the toughest division and landed a bye?

KC is 12-4...and that is NOT in spite of Smith. Did anyone watch Cousins shit the bed yesterday?

Alex is starting to run again...and THAT will be KC's ticket to a SB. Hill, Maclin and Kelce have removed the spy.

jd1020
01-02-2017, 11:22 PM
They have beat some of the top offenses in the NFL with a 20 something defense.

The Chiefs defense is 7th.

BlackOp
01-02-2017, 11:25 PM
If fuckos cant enjoy this years team.....there is something seriously flawed in them.

SportsVideoGuy
01-02-2017, 11:50 PM
The Chiefs defense is 7th.

It depends on how the defenses are being ranked. Many large media outlets go by Yards Allowed/Game and some go by Points Allowed/Game.

I hate the ypg allowed ranking system.

jd1020
01-02-2017, 11:52 PM
It depends on how the defenses are being ranked. Many large media outlets go by Yards Allowed/Game and some go by Points Allowed/Game.

I hate the ypg allowed ranking system.

Ranked by the only stat that matters... points.

Simply Red
01-02-2017, 11:57 PM
all the teams remaining have plenty problematic areas.

Mav
01-03-2017, 05:16 AM

I was thinking that. I'm not sure why anyone assumes or is scared to death of Pittsburgh. Andy Reid and co. Have two weeks to prep.

Sandy Vagina
01-03-2017, 07:32 AM
KC is 12-4...and that is NOT in spite of Smith. Did anyone watch Cousins shit the bed yesterday?

.. but Kirk has prettier stats, so u just shut it, mister!!!!! :deevee:

Sandy Vagina
01-03-2017, 07:34 AM

well in that case, will you then agree that the KC offense is ranked 13th best?

... because the detractors were always using total yards to rank the offense prior.

notorious
01-03-2017, 07:39 AM
I have been up and down on Alex this season, but if he plays like he's capable of I like the Chiefs' shot at a SB.

Dinny Bossa Nova
01-03-2017, 07:42 AM
When Len Dawson played for the Chiefs, the team appeared in the playoffs on the reg. The Chiefs were in two Super Bowls with Len Dawson at quarterback. They lost the first one and won the second. They were 3? 4 years apart?

With Alex Smith at quarterback, the Chiefs have been making the playoffs on the reg. I believe it is possible for the Chiefs to appear in a Super Bowl or two in the next three or 4 years with Alex Smith at quarterback. I believe it is possible the Chiefs could win at least one.

That is why I'm saying it's possible that Andy has found the next Lenny. I say let's play the games and see if it pans out.

Oh. I also believe for every drop of rain that falls, a flower grows.

So there's that.

Dinny

Sandy Vagina
01-03-2017, 07:58 AM
I have been up and down on Alex this season, but if he plays like he's capable of I like the Chiefs' shot at a SB.

Yeah, except for a stretch of game minutes here and there, I sure wasn't blown away by Alex's performances in some of the games this season. I remember feeling rather disappointed. Not awful play, but not nearly as impressive as expected in this 4th year.

I think he and Reid are very similar in the regular season. They are patient and cautious to a level that.. while typically successful.. can be very frustrating. That's just the way it feels.

I do think the lack of OL run blocking caught HC and QB by surprise.. and then there was that JMac funk, and hamstring. Can't also pretend that they didn't finish with the 2nd highest team dropped pass percentage either.

Was still very little doubt in my mind.. then or now.. that the Smith run threat would emerge later in this year, and especially in the postseason if defenses offer it.

So it looks like the final dvoa stats go like this:

O-passing - 10th best
O-rushing - 20th

OL run block rank - 17th
OL pass block rank - 14th ( the best that Smith has had throughout his whole career )

3rd down conversion % - tied for 18th
dropped passes - 2nd worst

D-passing - 7th best
D-rushing - 26th
3rd down % allowed - 6th worst

yards allowed per game - 9th worst
points allowed per game - 7th best, and far more important

giveaway/takeaway difference - tied for 1st... huge importance

Rasputin
01-03-2017, 08:08 AM

This sums it up best for me.

I will say he has outdone my expectations but I didn't set the expectations very high.

rico
01-03-2017, 08:27 AM
Yeah, except for a stretch of game minutes here and there, I sure wasn't blown away by Alex's performances in some of the games this season. I remember feeling rather disappointed. Not awful play, but not nearly as impressive as expected in this 4th year.

I think he and Reid are very similar in the regular season. They are patient and cautious to a level that.. while typically successful.. can be very frustrating. That's just the way it feels.

I do think the lack of OL run blocking caught HC and QB by surprise.. and then there was that JMac funk, and hamstring. Can't also pretend that they didn't finish with the 2nd highest team dropped pass percentage either.

Was still very little doubt in my mind.. then or now.. that the Smith run threat would emerge later in this year, and especially in the postseason if defenses offer it.

O-passing - 10th best
O-rushing - 20th

OL run block rank - 17th
OL pass block rank - 14th ( the best that Smith has had throughout his whole career )

D-passing - 7th best
D-rushing - 26th

Hey Sandy, who gets your game ball for the season?

Sandy Vagina
01-03-2017, 08:30 AM
Hey Sandy, who gets your game ball for the season?

YOU get that ball, bro. Through all the adversity, you have been a steady and calming beacon of KC-positive thinking and support. Thanks so much for that.

:thumb:

Marcellus
01-03-2017, 08:38 AM

Yea I think the frustration I have had is at times Alex was playing well below his capability. Given he doesn't have a large margin for error that was pretty concerning.

ChiefsCountry
01-03-2017, 08:42 AM
You're so ****img full of SHIT and have been repeating this ****ing BULLSHIT since 2013.

How many points did the great Patriots and Tom Brady score AGAINST THE SAME DEFENSE in the Super Bowl?

Huh? How many, you ****ing LOUDMOUTHED BLOWHARD?

Huh?

Loudmouthed blowhard is your dumb ass.

Patriots were lucky as shit to be in the Super Bowl in the first place. Lee Evans gave them that one.

notorious
01-03-2017, 08:45 AM
Yea I think the frustration I have had is at times Alex was playing well below his capability. Given he doesn't have a large margin for error that was pretty concerning.

Exactly. The margin is razor thin unless the defense or special teams go off. This is true for nearly every team in the NFL.

With all the injuries this year the margin has tightened even more.

NJChiefsFan
01-03-2017, 09:38 AM

Yes. Milkman a few months ago articulated it very well. Frustration at not having a better player at a position goes towards management. Frustation at a player comes when they aren't playing up to their potential.

There have been times in recent games that it was glaringly obvious that Smith keeping the ball himself was the better play. In the playoffs if he starts doing so, I think it's going to help the offense even more. It already has the past 3 weeks.

NJChiefsFan
01-03-2017, 09:53 AM

O-passing - 10th best
O-rushing - 20th

OL run block rank - 17th

D-passing - 7th best
D-rushing - 26th

https://www.sportingcharts.com/stats/nfl/team/

Here is a site with some advanced stats if anyone is bored or wants to skim around. Includes efficiency, percentages on different types of 3rd downs, against certain defenses, ect. Breaks down a lot of different stuff. Interesting if you take it for what it is.

DJ's left nut
01-03-2017, 09:59 AM

In a single game, yes.

But yards are more predictive and a team that doesn't give up yards is much much tougher to gameplan against offensively.

We had this argument way back in the Vermiel days with the 13-3 team. That team gave up so many yards and the refrain was "Yeah, but POINTS" are what matters. The team was terrible in yards and only average in points so we figured they could just keep forcing turnovers.

Then down the stretch teams just stopped taking any chances at tall against us, stopped turning it over and handed us our asses all the way to 'peak Vermiel' - the zero punt game.

We absolutely will not win a game against the Patriots giving up the kind of yardage this defense has been willing to hemorrhage at times this year. They can't leave Brady on the field that long and he's not going to make the mistakes inside the 20 for the Chiefs to capitalize on. The character of that defense will absolutely have to change to win that game (and very possibly to beat Pittsburgh as well).

Points surrendered just isn't terribly predictive because it's so situation specific. A smart coach with a good gameplan can undermine what the Chiefs do well (BB and Haley are both capable of that). So the Chiefs need to develop another trick and quickly.

jd1020
01-03-2017, 10:00 AM
well in that case, will you then agree that the KC offense is ranked 13th best?

... because the detractors were always using total yards to rank the offense prior.

Are you making the mistake of giving the offense credit for the scoring from the defense and special teams?

The offense itself is like 19th or 20th and god awful in the RZ.

Danguardace
01-03-2017, 10:26 AM
Chiefs have played 6 games against the teams in the Top ten in Offense. Then another 3 against teams just outside it. So that is 9 games in total against top end Offensive teams, so no doubt they will have given up a lot of yards.

threebag
01-03-2017, 10:34 AM
Chiefs have played 6 games against the teams in the Top ten in Offense. Then another 3 against teams just outside it. So that is 9 games in total against top end Offensive teams, so no doubt they will have given up a lot of yards.

Most can't see the Forrest for the trees, especially when they have their head in a bag of dicks.

DJ's left nut
01-03-2017, 10:35 AM

That's all well and good but they're about to face 2 more elite offensive teams and if they let those teams dictate the flow of the game, they'll lose.

They have to get a handle on it. Bend but don't break doesn't work in the post-season because you're playing the best of the best and they're pulling out all the stops.

They have to at least lessen the bend. They'll need some fast stops to turn the field around and help with field position. They'll need to keep their defense fresh given the amount of attrition they've faced in the LB corps and DL. They absolutely cannot let these teams have the free pass to the 50 they've been all too willing to provide this year.

Fish
01-03-2017, 10:38 AM
Most can't see the Forrest for the trees, especially when they have their head in a bag of dicks.

He's right there...

http://i66.tinypic.com/e06bmh.jpg

Frosty
01-03-2017, 10:40 AM
I'm less concerned with Smith in the playoffs than I am with the LBers. Hali has been ineffective, Ford inconsistent, Houston hurt, Zombo worthless, and Wilson/Smith/Alexander inconsistent and lacking the experience/instincts that DJ had. I am pretty sure the LBers are going to be the Achille's heel of the team in the playoffs.

DJ's left nut
01-03-2017, 10:57 AM
I'm less concerned with Smith in the playoffs than I am with the LBers. Hali has been ineffective, Ford inconsistent, Houston hurt, Zombo worthless, and Wilson/Smith/Alexander inconsistent and lacking the experience/instincts that DJ had. I am pretty sure the LBers are going to be the Achille's heel of the team in the playoffs.

It very much has that look to it.

Thankfully, the Steelers are unlikely to have LaDarius Green and the Pats won't have Gronk (though Bennett can still hurt us). Delanie Walker seemed to have 15 yards any time he wanted it in that game.

But the bigger worry is obviously run-support. Houston absolutely has to be healthy. If he can come back and be the monster against the run that we know he's capable of being, that will take a TON of pressure off Wilson and March.

Poe needs to put it all on the line. The guy flat out looked bored against the Patriots last year (as did Howard and Bailey). If they're going to make noise in the post-season, Jones, Poe and Nacho will have to play the games of their lives, especially in run support. They have to keep the LBers clean and if not, at least clog things up enough to keep RBs from getting to the second level with a full head of steam.

Messier
01-03-2017, 10:58 AM

I agree. The concern for me is the run defense. Alex Smith has shown that he seems to be willing to take more risks in big games. I'm not really worried about him.

O.city
01-03-2017, 11:13 AM
It very much has that look to it.

Thankfully, the Steelers are unlikely to have LaDarius Green and the Pats won't have Gronk (though Bennett can still hurt us). Delanie Walker seemed to have 15 yards any time he wanted it in that game.

But the bigger worry is obviously run-support. Houston absolutely has to be healthy. If he can come back and be the monster against the run that we know he's capable of being, that will take a TON of pressure off Wilson and March.

Poe needs to put it all on the line. The guy flat out looked bored against the Patriots last year (as did Howard and Bailey). If they're going to make noise in the post-season, Jones, Poe and Nacho will have to play the games of their lives, especially in run support. They have to keep the LBers clean and if not, at least clog things up enough to keep RBs from getting to the second level with a full head of steam.

You are partially right about the elite teams and yardage and such etc.

But even playong the way they did last year in new england, they had 2 or 3 dropped picks and a fumble. If they're gonna go in and beat Brady (or big ben in KC) they can't miss opportunities like that.

I think they're a year away on d, if they can keep everyone currently here, here, from being able to really be elite. They've got to address the ilb spots, dj is old and slow and the rest are a big bag of meh.

The only hope they've got this playoff season there is the dl playing out of their skull and march being a stud lizard in DJ's spot.

Chiefnj2
01-03-2017, 11:14 AM
Smith wasn't what held KC back in their two prior playoff losses. It was Reid.

DJ's left nut
01-03-2017, 11:21 AM
Smith wasn't what held KC back in their two prior playoff losses. It was Reid.

Reid against Indy.

Sutton against NE.

I will understand the female mind before I understand what the fuck Bob Sutton was doing rushing two and giving a 10 yard cushion against Tom fucking Brady.

That will almost certainly be the single most mind-bottling defensive gameplan I have ever or will ever see. I've seen worse defensive performances on account of a total lack of talent, but I've never seen a plan that seemed so poorly designed to deal with a particular opponents strengths.

NE's prefered style is to kill you underneath with short passes. Sutton's plan? "Hey, we'll just keep everything in front of us..."

Uh...thanks Bob - sincerely, Tom Brady.

Chiefnj2
01-03-2017, 11:36 AM
Reid against Indy.

Sutton against NE.

I will understand the female mind before I understand what the **** Bob Sutton was doing rushing two and giving a 10 yard cushion against Tom ****ing Brady.

That will almost certainly be the single most mind-bottling defensive gameplan I have ever or will ever see. I've seen worse defensive performances on account of a total lack of talent, but I've never seen a plan that seemed so poorly designed to deal with a particular opponents strengths.

NE's prefered style is to kill you underneath with short passes. Sutton's plan? "Hey, we'll just keep everything in front of us..."

Reid's lack of urgency for the entire 4th quarter was just as bad as Sutton.

Frosty
01-03-2017, 11:45 AM
Reid against Indy.

Sutton against NE.

I will understand the female mind before I understand what the **** Bob Sutton was doing rushing two and giving a 10 yard cushion against Tom ****ing Brady.

Personally, I think the prior two playoff losses had to do with injuries. Houston and Hali were hobbled against the Colts and the defense completely fell apart once Flowers was injured and the bag of suck that is Dunta Robinson came in.

Against the Pats last year, Hali and Houston again were hurt (I am sensing a trend here). No pass rush against Brady = a long day.

DJ's left nut
01-03-2017, 11:47 AM
Personally, I think the prior two playoff losses had to do with injuries. Houston and Hali were hobbled against the Colts and the defense completely fell apart once Flowers was injured and the bag of suck that is Dunta Robinson came in.

Against the Pats last year, Hali and Houston again were hurt (I am sensing a trend here). No pass rush against Brady = a long day.

We'd have lost in the next round due to the injuries but to blow that big a lead in about 20 minutes of play requires a special combination of injuries, bad luck and bad coaching.

The amount of time that they left on the clock each drive by not milking the play clock or just running the goddamn ball was infuriating. Reid blew that game by just being too cavalier about the clock. Even with all the injuries, they should've won that game.

TripleThreat
01-03-2017, 11:48 AM

Well the indy game was pretty amazing on the leg of how we all assumed our offense ran through Charles, and Charles only, and then after he went down after the first series, we all of a sudden had the best game on offense all year. But yeah, to me our playoffs under the reid/smith time have been complicated and piled with injurys.. this is the first year I think we will have everyone ready to go, except for Derrick being out and Houston being a little hobbled. But I still expect Houston to be going full.

Frosty
01-03-2017, 11:59 AM
Houston being a little hobbled. But I still expect Houston to be going full.

It would be nice to have our 100 million dollar man healthy in the playoffs for once.

Easy 6
01-03-2017, 12:00 PM

Ditto

When he is on, you're thinking... "my God, we can really win with this guy!"

When he is off, you wanna grab whatevers handy, like an old extension cord... and choke the life out of him

For the playoffs, we definitely need Good Alex... cant be relying on defensive turnovers and Reek to get it done

RunKC
01-03-2017, 12:01 PM
Reid against Indy.

Sutton against NE.

Well it makes sense. Houston out, Tamba knees were fucked and Ford was your only true rusher. Might as well have dropped more guys in coverage since you weren't getting a pass rush anyway

Marcellus
01-03-2017, 12:02 PM

Ok, I literally lol'd at this.

DJ's left nut
01-03-2017, 12:06 PM
Well it makes sense. Houston out, Tamba knees were fucked and Ford was your only true rusher. Might as well have dropped more guys in coverage since you weren't getting a pass rush anyway

You can't also give them a 10 yard cushion, though.

If you're going to drop that many guys into coverage, at least jam receivers and knock them off routes in the hopes of upsetting their timing.

Sutton was putting no pressure on Brady and giving his targets a free release. That's 7 on 7 practice right there. Tom Brady will eat you alive.

If Sutton was going to call off the dogs on the line, he needed to have his guys in the secondary being physical and aggressive. He needed to have the Patriot receivers thinking twice whenever they went over the middle. They needed to get hit and beat up on every single play.

Instead we just played back and let them toy with us in the hopes that they'd make an unforced error. That's just not going to happen with that team.

FlintHillsChiefs
01-03-2017, 12:18 PM

O-passing - 10th best
O-rushing - 20th

OL run block rank - 17th

D-passing - 7th best
D-rushing - 26th

This has to be one of the weirdest collection of stats for a 12-4 team ever. The chiefs look extremely bipolar looking at these.

Sandy Vagina
01-03-2017, 12:44 PM
This has to be one of the weirdest collection of stats for a 12-4 team ever. The chiefs look extremely bipolar looking at these.

Philosophy (and from injuries) plays greatly into it... both on O and D.

With winning being the true goal.. both sides of the ball don't seem to mind taking the foot of the pedal, minimizing the forced turnovers, or giving opponents some underneath yards to protect the big play, and get more chances at turnovers.

rico
01-03-2017, 01:46 PM
YOU get that ball, bro. Through all the adversity, you have been a steady and calming beacon of KC-positive thinking and support. Thanks so much for that.

:thumb:

Haha...hahahaha...hahahaha.

No, but really, numb nuts!!! Who got your game ball!

And you are right....I love the overwhelming majority of this team!

threebag
01-03-2017, 01:58 PM
Haha...hahahaha...hahahaha.

No, but really, numb nuts!!! Who got your game ball!

And you are right....I love the overwhelming majority of this team!

Rico your tranny been slippin?

Dinny Bossa Nova
01-03-2017, 05:23 PM
Wife jokes are not cool, 3b.

Dinny

Dinny Bossa Nova
01-03-2017, 05:26 PM
And couldn't your avy girl put something on?

Like a Nixon mask or something?

Dinny

threebag
01-03-2017, 06:24 PM
She a hottie fo sho

Franko wants to whip her with his tongue

rico
01-03-2017, 06:35 PM
She a hottie fo sho

Franko wants to whip her with his tongue

I always get the weirdest boner when I talk to you. Because of the avi, because of the avi!!!!

rico
01-03-2017, 06:36 PM
Wife jokes are not cool, 3b.

Dinny

Thank you for sticking up for me. I always get so upset when someone harshes me for being married to a tranny. It's my life choice!!!

factortobe
01-03-2017, 06:58 PM
Can't lie I would be more comfortable with Trent green but Alex is creating playmakers that is what you want from your starting QB

Dinny Bossa Nova
01-04-2017, 07:29 PM
C'MOOOOOONNNNN!!!!!

OOOOHHH BABY, HUH?????

All aboard, haters. There's room for all y'all.

(i still say andy found us the next len dawson)

Dinny

Red Dawg
01-04-2017, 07:43 PM
Thank you for sticking up for me. I always get so upset when someone harshes me for being married to a tranny. It's my life choice!!!

Uhh what?

threebag
01-04-2017, 09:00 PM
As long as your tranny doesn't slip it's a smooth ride.

Mr. Laz
01-04-2017, 09:24 PM

I was thinking that. I'm not sure why anyone assumes or is scared to death of Pittsburgh. Andy Reid and co. Have two weeks to prep.

except that Andy Reid is one of our problematic areas

2 weeks of developing more cute plays... w00t!!

Dinny Bossa Nova
01-05-2017, 11:19 AM
Y'all oughta see what Hootie puttin' down on the Alex haters over at RoyalsPlanet.

If I was y'all, I wouldn't take that shit.

Dinny

rico
01-05-2017, 12:16 PM
Uhh what?

Errrr yeah, I'm married to a tranny. That Jim Jones dude was like, one of my mults. Haven't you heard that?!?!?!?!?!??

DJ's left nut
01-05-2017, 12:19 PM
Y'all oughta see what Hootie puttin' down on the Alex haters over at RoyalsPlanet.

If I was y'all, I wouldn't take that shit.

Dinny

Whereas if I were you, I'd probably steer clear of the 2-man circle jerk that is RoyalsPlanet. Then again, if you did that, it would mostly just be Hootie wiping his dick on the curtains in there.

Pasta Little Brioni
01-05-2017, 12:31 PM
Are you making the mistake of giving the offense credit for the scoring from the defense and special teams?

The offense itself is like 19th or 20th and god awful in the RZ.

You can say the same in that the offense not turning the ball over in crucial areas has helped lead to that 7th ranked scoring D.

Dinny Bossa Nova
01-05-2017, 02:40 PM
Whereas if I were you, I'd probably steer clear of the 2-man circle jerk that is RoyalsPlanet. Then again, if you did that, it would mostly just be Hootie wiping his dick on the curtains in there.

Yeah, I go over and say hi to him every once in a while. I kinda feel sorry for him banished to the cave of shunning and all.

He never answers me, though. I think he has me on iggy.

Dinny

rico
01-05-2017, 03:09 PM
I wish he'd be allowed back... Regardless of whether or not I agree with the dude, he is entertaining to have around.

I know close to nothing about the whole fanduel thing and don't really care to know anything about it, but I am out of my element due to not knowing shit about all that, though.

BigCatDaddy
01-05-2017, 06:03 PM

Holy shit. I figured he would have abandoned that ship by now. I think I went there for a good laugh about 6 months ago and it was Hootie and Saul.

BigCatDaddy
01-05-2017, 06:04 PM
I wish he'd be allowed back... Regardless of whether or not I agree with the dude, he is entertaining to have around.

I know close to nothing about the whole fanduel thing and don't really care to know anything about it, but I am out of my element due to not knowing shit about all that, though.

He's like TigerUppercut on coke. Just no self control.

LMAO 5 post in a thread. All his
http://royalsplanet.com/forum/royalsplanet/royalsplanet-lounge/2416-yep-alex-has-broke-me

Easy 6
01-05-2017, 06:14 PM
He's like TigerUppercut on coke. Just no self control.

LMAO 5 post in a thread. All his
http://royalsplanet.com/forum/royalsplanet/royalsplanet-lounge/2416-yep-alex-has-broke-me

I'm the guy that still kinda enjoys Clays bullshittery, and even then... Hootie is the single most condescending, obnoxious, sociopathic little know it all I've ever had the displeasure of witnessing in 10+ years here

Dinny Bossa Nova
01-05-2017, 07:01 PM
I'm the guy that still kinda enjoys Clays bullshittery, and even then... Hootie is the single most condescending, obnoxious, sociopathic little know it all I've ever had the displeasure of witnessing in 10+ years here

Yeah, but HOW 'BOUT THAT ALEX SMITH?!?!?!?!??????

OH BABY!!!!! HUH?

You gonna give him one more chance?

Dinny

KChiefs1
01-05-2017, 08:32 PM
https://www.facebook.com/kansascitystar/posts/10154405889284094

Easy 6
01-05-2017, 08:53 PM
Yeah, but HOW 'BOUT THAT ALEX SMITH?!?!?!?!??????

OH BABY!!!!! HUH?

You gonna give him one more chance?

Dinny

I'll give Smith 10 more chances before I give Hootie even 1 more

Hootie is Clay with sociopathic tendencies... without the humor, wit, or high quality videos

Just a whole buncha egotistical crazy

Pasta Little Brioni
01-05-2017, 08:58 PM
Clay never cost the board 5 grand ROFL

Go Royals
01-05-2017, 08:59 PM
I'll give Smith 10 more chances before I give Hootie even 1 more

Hootie is Clay with sociopathic tendencies... without the humor, wit, or high quality videos

Just a whole buncha egotistical crazy

Ironic comin from a lunatic like yourself

Easy 6
01-05-2017, 09:27 PM
Ironic comin from a lunatic like yourself

Clay, maybe even Hootie?... it doesnt matter

Clay is a good egg blinded by hate, you were born a sociopathic bad seed

threebag
01-05-2017, 09:37 PM
140... FUCK FUCKING CLAYNUS