PDA

View Full Version : Tickets LNBS: Will You Go To The Superbowl WHEN The Chiefs Make It?

eDave
01-01-2017, 09:47 PM
http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/7f/7f100ff593ae7ea1534dc300c5645c0d37378a7d86b939bb4a7238b001f70990.jpg

O.city
01-01-2017, 09:48 PM
We've looked into costs....

No, I won be going.

displacedinMN
01-01-2017, 09:49 PM
I will look into it. Have not gone to Rose bowl or Outback Bowl.
SO I will tell the wife I am due.

If it was in MPLS. I would. save the expenses.

The Franchise
01-01-2017, 09:51 PM
Houston? Fuck that.

I'll have a hard enough time watching the game around anyone else.

bdj23
01-01-2017, 09:51 PM
Nope.

Gotta pay for an engagement ring and a trip to Europe this year.

Reerun_KC
01-01-2017, 09:52 PM
Nope. Too expensive. TV is way better experience than games.

TambaBerry
01-01-2017, 09:53 PM
what the fuck really 5 grand for tickets in the upper levels to the game? I doubt any average chiefs fan can afford to go to that

ptlyon
Thanks for pissing all over the team Dave

O.city
It's like 2400 just to get in the stadium way the hell up high

Dante84
01-01-2017, 09:57 PM
I went to Games 3,4, and 5 of the World Series in Queens.

It was interesting - on one hand, it was too "real." There were no slow-mo replays, no music, and fade outs... no suspenseful piss breaks during commercials... Just, a game.

I'll never forget it. It was glorious. But I do wonder what it would have been like dancing around like an idiot with loved ones in my living room.

I've been wondering about the Super Bowl as well. I think I'd rather be with loved ones, and do the Surreal as opposed to the Real.

Rain Man
01-01-2017, 09:58 PM
Super Bowls aren't for football fans. They're for corporations and people with agents.

Reerun_KC
01-01-2017, 10:00 PM
And by the way. This IF they go is bullshit. It's when. Alex and Andy are. Is in the playoffs with a by. They will not fail. Period. Book it.

bdj23
01-01-2017, 10:00 PM
If we host the AFC championship, I'll go to that too.

Why Not?
01-01-2017, 10:02 PM
Don't think I could emotionally handle being there with my team in it. I did go to the last Steelers Cowboys Super Bowl. It was amazing. But I just got to enjoy it with no emotional connection

DaFace
01-01-2017, 10:02 PM
Na. I'd much rather see a big playoff win at Arrowhead en route to a Super Bowl. Live games are about feeling the crowd, and I have no interest in feeling the rich crowd who is half asleep at a Super Bowl.

cdcox
01-01-2017, 10:03 PM
Nope.

jspchief
01-01-2017, 10:03 PM
I would have when I was younger. I probably would if I was older. Right now, it's just not sensible.

Indian Chief
01-01-2017, 10:04 PM
Super Bowls aren't for football fans. They're for corporations and people with agents.

Yeah this is ultimately what has pushed me toward a firm 'no.' I always said I would go if they made it, but it's not a real football experience. If you're with 70,000 of your fellow fans, then it's a great time. But the SB is mostly suits and people that know very little about football. That's not even considering the costs or how much more comfortable my living room is.

Rain Man
01-01-2017, 10:05 PM
Don't think I could emotionally handle being there with my team in it. I did go to the last Steelers Cowboys Super Bowl. It was amazing. But I just got to enjoy it with no emotional connection

Did you get a free ticket or did you just decide to spend a few thousand dollars on a game that you didn't care about?

eDave
01-01-2017, 10:06 PM
Thanks for pissing all over the team Dave

FIXED! WBF.

eDave
01-01-2017, 10:07 PM

Would suck to sink that cost then lose.

Why Not?
01-01-2017, 10:08 PM

Big time.

Chief Roundup
01-01-2017, 10:08 PM
I am not nor would I ever shell out the kind of coin it takes to attend a SB.

DaneMcCloud
01-01-2017, 10:09 PM
No.

It doesn't have anything to do with money (although that's a factor).

I'd rather enjoy it at home, hosting a party, as opposed to being around a bunch of non fans that receieved tickets as perks and have nothing emotionally invested.

Why Not?
01-01-2017, 10:11 PM
Did you get a free ticket or did you just decide to spend a few thousand dollars on a game that you didn't care about?

Technically, I did get a free ticket. I was like 19 or 20 at the time. My dad knew a guy that was a 49ers season ticket holder. After they lost on the playoffs(the guy had already bought SB tickets), he sold them to my dad for $1500 for both. 20 yard line, 6th row. So my dad and I went. It was awesome.

Direckshun
01-01-2017, 10:11 PM
No way.

O.city
01-01-2017, 10:12 PM
An afc champ game at arrowhead would be more fun, imo.

Why Not?
01-01-2017, 10:15 PM

I'll tell you what though. You and me and Lew and whoever else lives in AZ should have one hell of a SB party if they Chiefs make it

eDave
01-01-2017, 10:19 PM
I'll tell you what though. You and me and Lew and whoever else lives in AZ should have one hell of a SB party if they Chiefs make it

Been to Lew's house. Not yours. You ****s ain't coming to my house. No way man. I do have a nice big house party I attend every year. You guys are more than welcome to join me. Full house, class people, like 7 TV's throughout the house, even one in the bathrooms, jello shots, free food, NY pizza at halftime, squares. It's a great party thrown by a great friend of mine. Everyone just loves the guy. He's a ****ing Jew though.

Sometime soon, I'm going to attend when the Chiefs are playing.

SAUTO
01-01-2017, 10:20 PM
An afc champ game at arrowhead would be more fun, imo.

Yep.

although my buddy is a cowboys fan and in his drunkenness last night said he would sell both his wife's kidneys to get us there if it was chiefs cowboys.

She looked at him and said she couldn't live without at least one. He then told her that was just an added perk...

Im not totally sure he wasn't serious. :D

Why Not?
01-01-2017, 10:21 PM
Been to Lew's house. Not yours. You ****s ain't coming to my house. No way man. I do have a nice big house party I attend every year. You guys are more than welcome to join me. Full house, class people, like 7 TV's throughout the house, even one in the bathrooms, jello shots, free food, NY pizza at halftime, squares. It's a great party thrown by a great friend of mine. Everyone just loves the guy. He's a ****ing Jew though.

Sometime soon, I'm going to attend when the Chiefs are playing.

Hahahaaha. Oh you guys are welcome to fuck up my house. My kids do it daily. I may take you up on that party offer. Sounds like a blast

eDave
01-01-2017, 10:22 PM
Yep.

although my buddy is a cowboys fan and in his drunkenness last night said he would sell both his wife's kidneys to get us there if it was chiefs cowboys.

She looked at him and said she couldn't live without at least one. He then told her that was just an added perk...

Yea, I want to party with you.

Smed1065
01-01-2017, 10:23 PM
Love 2 but no. Just too dang expensive. Only 1 crazy lady in TX, not worth it.

ptlyon
01-01-2017, 10:27 PM
FIXED! WBF.

Fucker...

O.city
01-01-2017, 10:28 PM
Yep.

Lol nice.

IF they make it, we should rent out a big place in kc and have the ultimate CP get together.

If we're gonna watch it, I'd wanna watch it with all you fuckers

eDave
01-01-2017, 10:30 PM
Lol nice.

IF they make it, we should rent out a big place in kc and have the ultimate CP get together.

If we're gonna watch it, I'd wanna watch it with all you ****ers

There you go. This should happen.

Although I image Nzoner would throw a heck of a party. I tell you hwhat.

RedSea90
01-01-2017, 10:37 PM
No, way too expensive. However, if we do win I'm on the next flight to KC in attending the parade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EdmontonChiefsFan
01-01-2017, 10:41 PM
My wife and I have had a standing agreement for the last 10 years that when the Chiefs make the Super Bowl that I can attend no questions asked.

I have brought this up a few times this year and the last time I brought it up in front of a bunch of people she openly said "yes he is going, but I am going too".

So, here is hoping.........

eDave
01-01-2017, 10:45 PM
My wife and I have had a standing agreement for the last 10 years that when the Chiefs make the Super Bowl that I can attend no questions asked.

I have brought this up a few times this year and the last time I brought it up in front of a bunch of people she openly said "yes he is going, but I am going too".

Aw. True love. I'd consider going for the pregame festivities and take in the vibe. Then watch at a Chiefs bar/gathering in town.

When the SB was in Phoenix, the vibe around the stadium was really intense. Much fun for $50 parking.

ptlyon
01-01-2017, 10:46 PM

Either way, you should've negotiated to PIIHB

CoMoChief
01-01-2017, 10:47 PM
Not the SB...I'd rather go to a party and get hammered.

But if somehow the Pats lose at home ( ROFL ) and the Chiefs win in the divisional rd and then host the AFCCG, then I will definitely be going to that game.

eDave
01-01-2017, 10:47 PM

I'd let her put it in mine if I were he.

ptlyon
01-01-2017, 10:48 PM
I'd let her put it in mine if I were he.

Note taken 🤔

NJChiefsFan
01-02-2017, 12:30 AM
I wouldn't go even if it was here and ny and has nothing to do with cost. I would be a wreck during that game. I would want to enjoy it with the friends I've always watched games with. Note the afccg in kc I would be willing to go to for that atmosphere.

kcpasco
01-02-2017, 12:32 AM
Yes I would definitely be going.

Sanka
01-02-2017, 12:49 AM
If we were to make the Super Bowl, Id probably have to watch the game in a padded room with a straightjacket on.

Buns
01-02-2017, 01:16 AM
My family will be buying a house around the same time as the Super Bowl, so no. But I'll be crying my ass off when they make it.

Pointer19
01-02-2017, 01:20 AM
I would if I could miss formation. :cuss:

EdmontonChiefsFan
01-02-2017, 01:49 AM

I have been working on that one for 20 years.

Baby steps.....

BlackHelicopters
01-02-2017, 08:20 AM
Yes. Once in a lifetime experience.

BigRedChief
01-02-2017, 08:29 AM
Yes. Once in a lifetime experience.I've been to a Super Bowl. I really didn't like it from watching the actual game. It was my first NFL game in person. I went for free on a spur of the moment when my buddies buddy couldn't go. One of the best games ever, 79 Cowboys v Steelers.

The Super Bowl was a big deal back then but nothing like it it now.

I'd want to watch the game with my friends and fellow Chief fans. We have shared so much time, up and downs together. I'd like to share this with them too.

jimidollar
01-02-2017, 08:37 AM
No way. I wouldn't be able to stand it emotionally, especially if we lost. I was at the game that KU lost to VCU and I wanted to die.

RINGLEADER
01-02-2017, 08:46 AM
I've been to a Super Bowl. I really didn't like it from watching the actual game. It was my first NFL game in person. I went for free on a spur of the moment when my buddies buddy couldn't go. One of the best games ever, 79 Cowboys v Steelers.

The Super Bowl was a big deal back then but nothing like it it now.

I'd want to watch the game with my friends and fellow Chief fans. We have shared so much time, up and downs together. I'd like to share this with them too.

I went to last year's Super Bowl and I can say that the only time I will ever go back is if the Chiefs are in it. NONE of the production value you see on TV translates to the actual game. Its just a regular game but with a lot more TV time outs. Even the halftime show was a bit of a let-down with a bunch of tiny figures dancing around. It's really just like any other game you'd see in-person but I would say that being with super fans and seeing the huge banners of your team would be cool.

JakeLV
01-02-2017, 10:21 AM
I would want to, just because Cowboys in Houston is likely going to be a home game for them.

But I'm much too cheap for that.

RippedmyFlesh
01-02-2017, 10:26 AM
If we were to make the Super Bowl, Id probably have to watch the game in a padded room with a straightjacket on.

ROFL this and sedated

TEX
01-02-2017, 10:33 AM
Yep, I WILL go... I've been fortunate to have been able to go to the Super Bowl both times it was in Houston - 1974 in Rice Stadium, Dolphins vs Vikings and 2004, Reliant Stadium (NRG now) Patriots vs Panthers.

Hydrae
01-02-2017, 10:44 AM
May consider going for the tailgating experience before the game but no way I can afford the price of tickets.

farmerchief
01-02-2017, 11:01 AM
I told my sons for years, if the Chiefs ever make the superbowl we will go, been saying that for the past 10-15 years. They are now 26 and 30, and I would have to break my promise if they make it this year. Financially, I just couldnt afford to go this year if they make it, sad but true! :-(

Easy 6
01-02-2017, 11:03 AM
No, but there is going to be one helluva party at my house

Mosbonian
01-02-2017, 11:15 AM
I'd consider going for the pregame festivities and take in the vibe. Then watch at a Chiefs bar/gathering in town.

When the SB was in Phoenix, the vibe around the stadium was really intense. Much fun for $50 parking.

This is what I did the year it was in Indy.....loved all the activity surrounding the SB and the electricity of the crowd was great! My office, at that time, was in a building off the circle in downtown Indy. You could see the big Roman Numerals for the SB from the window of my office. I actually saw them filming the Jimmy Fallon show that they had downtown that week.

And except the day of the SB, my parking was free. The walk to Lucas Oil Stadium was 3 blocks and the weather that week was unseasonably warm.

For all the fun I had that week.....seeing the celebrities in town....the players in town for the game (actually met Marcus Allen there when he spotted me with my Chief's jacket on).....that was my one shot at being part of the big event.

The lesson I think I took away from that was that I could have just as much a good time at all the festivities leading up to the big game as I could going to the game and blowing all that money on 3-4 hours of sitting in the nosebleed section.

CaliforniaChief
01-02-2017, 11:19 AM
I'd only go if I won the lottery and someone I'm not aware of gives me a ticket.

So no, I'm not going.

Honestly, my Chiefs' fandom is something of a legend in my church. One time I hosted a KC-style barbeque and raffled off 4 tickets to come watch the Chiefs MNF opener against the Chargers years ago. No kidding, I raised almost $1,000 for our youth group.

I'd do something similar if they make the Super Bowl.

rico
01-02-2017, 11:28 AM
Let me just reach into my little piggy bank...

Yeah, no. It is, in fact...a "little" piggy bank.

scho63
01-02-2017, 12:11 PM
If you go and take one additional person, look at a MINIMUM of $3,500 for the experience. It is so out of control. I have NEVER wanted to go to the Super Bowl.

I knew several people who have gone over the last 20 years or so and they say that while it was cool to have all the pregame experience, it wasn't worth it once the game was played.