View Full Version : Chiefs Chiefs currently 2nd favorite to win SB

TigeRRUppeRRcut
01-02-2017, 12:22 AM
https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-nfl-predictions/

https://s23.postimg.org/ehtilijq3/playoff_odds.png

Predicted to be about a 1 in 6 chance of winning it all

RINGLEADER
01-02-2017, 12:28 AM
So basically we went from number 4 before week 1 to number 2 after week 17.

Doesn't seem like that big an improvement.

Cordially yours,

Chiefsplanet

TigeRRUppeRRcut
01-02-2017, 01:01 AM
Romo's playoff experience will take us to the next level- Chiefsplanet

CupidStunt
01-02-2017, 01:23 AM
Wrong as usual. Chiefs are in a 3-way tie for 5th-7th behind the CLEAR four favorites.

Patriots +190
Cowboys +325
Steelers +800
Packers +900
Seahawks +1200
Chiefs +1200
Falcons +1200
Giants +1400
Raiders +3300
Lions +5000
Texans +5000
Dolphins +6600

TripleThreat
01-02-2017, 01:30 AM
Wrong as usual. Chiefs are in a 3-way tie for 5th-7th behind the CLEAR four favorites.

Patriots +190
Cowboys +325
Steelers +800
Packers +900
Seahawks +1200
Chiefs +1200
Falcons +1200
Giants +1400
Raiders +3300
Lions +5000
Texans +5000
Dolphins +6600

I can't believe patriots are only +190 I guess them being gifted an afc champ appearance really did make a difference

CupidStunt
01-02-2017, 01:40 AM
I can't believe patriots are only +190 I guess them being gifted an afc champ appearance really did make a difference

Yeah, this seems like a pretty unprecedented type of year. Granted the AFC is weak but those odds are crazy.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
01-02-2017, 07:02 AM
Open the link, Cupid. I'm not posting those vegas odds because it makes little sense that the steelers have a better statistical chance of winning it all if they have to play an extra game and go on the road if they advance.

wazu
01-02-2017, 07:34 AM
Open the link, Cupid. I'm not posting those vegas odds because it makes little sense that the steelers have a better statistical chance of winning it all if they have to play an extra game and go on the road if they advance.

They have a quarterback.

Marcellus
01-02-2017, 07:44 AM
They have a quarterback.

:deevee:

notorious
01-02-2017, 09:02 AM

The Steelers draw a lot more wagers than KC........The bait is in the water.

baitism
01-02-2017, 09:52 AM
538 is a joke. Just FYI.

chiefzilla1501
01-02-2017, 09:56 AM
It would be dumb as shit to take the Chiefs as the second best odds. I think the Chiefs have an argument for being the second best team in the NFL. But they are less of a lock to get there because the patriots are in their way. I would go with Dallas because the NFC is a much easier road.

Kman34
01-02-2017, 10:06 AM
Doesn't make sense to me... Dallas has a cake walk thru the NFC....

DJ's left nut
01-02-2017, 10:06 AM
It would be dumb as shit to take the Chiefs as the second best odds. I think the Chiefs have an argument for being the second best team in the NFL. But they are less of a lock to get there because the patriots are in their way. I would go with Dallas because the NFC is a much easier road.

Exactly.

That Patriots hurdle is an enormous one. And I'll be goddamned if the motherfuckers didn't go and get themselves a running game (Blount being what Ware was supposed to be this year just pisses me right off).

So yeah, anybody that needs to get out of the AFC and isn't the Patriots should have significantly lower odds. But I'd also refuse to put the Chiefs any lower than 4th because needing to win one less game is, statistically, a MASSIVE advantage.

baitism
01-02-2017, 10:18 AM
Dallas is losing their first game.

BigCatDaddy
01-02-2017, 10:45 AM
538 is a joke. Just FYI.

This. Rough year for those guys all around.

ChiliConCarnage
01-02-2017, 10:54 AM

It has them as the 4th most likely team to make the SB which seems fair? It likes them to win over the NFC teams if they make it is all

NWTF
01-02-2017, 10:57 AM

I think that will be the best chance for a loss. Assuming Seattle beats Detroit Dallas gets Green Bay/Giants winner. Probably Green Bay. If Dallas gets past that game they likely go all the way.

scho63
01-02-2017, 11:54 AM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/u8CIjrGhfmc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Trivers
01-02-2017, 12:14 PM
When you read the chart closely, the numbers state KC has the 4TH best % to MAKE the SB; obliviously because of NE.

HOWEVER, under WIN Super Bowl column, KC rises to 2ND best %.

So these numbers state once KC gets by NE; that they would be the favorite to win XLI over whoever comes out of the NFC.

Agree or not?

TigeRRUppeRRcut
01-02-2017, 07:38 PM
When you read the chart closely, the numbers state KC has the 4TH best % to MAKE the SB; obliviously because of NE.

So these numbers state once KC gets by NE; that they would be the favorite to win XLI over whoever comes out of the NFC.

Agree or not?

Smart man

SAUTO
01-02-2017, 07:43 PM
Smart man

ROFL

That's not what you were getting at...

threebag
01-02-2017, 07:49 PM

Agree or not?

Club Clay will be along shortly to shit on everything

Chiefshrink
01-02-2017, 07:57 PM

Patriots +190
Cowboys +325
Steelers +800
Packers +900
Seahawks +1200
Chiefs +1200
Falcons +1200
Giants +1400
Raiders +3300
Lions +5000
Texans +5000
Dolphins +6600

Pats
Cowboys
Steelers
Hags
Giants
Packers
Chiefs
Falcons
Lions
Raiders
Texans
Dolphins

RunKC
01-02-2017, 08:01 PM

Agree or not?

If we beat NE we will win the SB. The problem is beating NE.

BigCatDaddy
01-02-2017, 09:11 PM
If we beat NE we will win the SB. The problem is beating NE.

And beating the Steelers.

Simply Red
01-02-2017, 09:31 PM
Doesn't make sense to me... Dallas has a cake walk thru the NFC....

NO NO NO - I read on ChiefsPlanet for years that Rodgers was and is the best QB in all of football.

New World Order
01-02-2017, 09:42 PM
And beating the Steelers.

What do you mean?

We did well against them last time.

DJ's left nut
01-02-2017, 09:59 PM
NO NO NO - I read on ChiefsPlanet for years that Rodgers was and is the best QB in all of football.

He is.

Rodgers is incredible. I'm still awestruck by the guy at least once a game.

BigCatDaddy
01-02-2017, 10:19 PM
What do you mean?

We did well against them last time.

Not sure how you overlook a team that put up 5 TDs on you in the first half

Pasta Little Brioni
01-03-2017, 09:31 AM
It's not overlooking. Some of you are legit pissing your pants at the thought of playing them. Pathetic ROFL

Molitoth
01-03-2017, 09:38 AM

He's pretty incredible if you watch him play. I'd say Chiefsplanet is right.

Sandy Vagina
01-03-2017, 09:49 AM
He's pretty incredible if you watch him play. I'd say Chiefsplanet is right.

Guess all the best QB in football needs is a steady coach and scheme, Pro Bowl WRs, AND the #2 defense in the League to hoist that Lombardi.. even after a 10-6 season. :p

No question though, Aaron is a damn good QB in his own right... even though silver-spooned from birth.

RunKC
01-03-2017, 10:00 AM
Everything that could have went wrong for us happened in Pitt:

-Ware fumble
-Alex stupid INT
-Colquitt punt
This game will be completely different. We are at home, Terrance Mitchell is starting, Justin Houston will be back, offense finally in rythm, Cameron Heyward out, etc.

I think our offense can give Alex time with Heyward out. That's an enormous loss for the Steelers.

BigCatDaddy
01-03-2017, 10:10 AM
It's not overlooking. Some of you are legit pissing your pants at the thought of playing them. Pathetic ROFL

That game worries me more than the one in New England just because of Pittsburgh style of play and how they can put points up in a hurry

DJ's left nut
01-03-2017, 10:13 AM
Everything that could have went wrong for us happened in Pitt:

-Ware fumble
-Alex stupid INT
-Colquitt punt
This game will be completely different. We are at home, Terrance Mitchell is starting, Justin Houston will be back, offense finally in rythm, Cameron Heyward out, etc.

I think our offense can give Alex time with Heyward out. That's an enormous loss for the Steelers.

DJ's out though and Bell is in rhythm. They're a different team, not an appreciably worse one.

The Chiefs will have to play a complete game and that's something they've been capable of precious few times this season. Start to finish, all phases - a sound football game. They have the talent to win it (I'm not sure that was the case last year), but they have to execute.

Garcia Bronco
01-03-2017, 12:24 PM

A dude bet me they would win the Super Bowl at 2-1 odds and I get the field.

RunKC
01-03-2017, 12:30 PM
DJ's out though and Bell is in rhythm. They're a different team, not an appreciably worse one.

The Chiefs will have to play a complete game and that's something they've been capable of precious few times this season. Start to finish, all phases - a sound football game. They have the talent to win it (I'm not sure that was the case last year), but they have to execute.

Yeah but it just feels like we will come out firing guns blazing at home. We walked into a buzz saw in Pitt and I think they would be walking into one here.

I think our offense can score on these guys. The biggest difference for me is our OL that allowed only 28 sacks this year. The Steelers losing Heyward, their best front 7 player, will hurt them dearly IMO, especially with Schwartz owning his side the last month.

Meanwhile we're getting our best front 7 player back who would be huge in stopping the run on the right side.

I really think that the Steelers would be coming into a buzz saw at Arrowhead. We were embarrassed in September and these guys are going to want to return that favor in a big way.

O.city
01-03-2017, 12:33 PM
Guess all the best QB in football needs is a steady coach and scheme, Pro Bowl WRs, AND the #2 defense in the League to hoist that Lombardi.. even after a 10-6 season. :p

No question though, Aaron is a damn good QB in his own right... even though silver-spooned from birth.

This is embarrassing

Sandy Vagina
01-03-2017, 12:47 PM
This is embarrassing

Don't be so hard on yourself. Many people glorify a QB without really appreciating all of the little people and circumstances that help get them there.

O.city
01-03-2017, 12:59 PM
Don't be so hard on yourself. Many people glorify a QB without really appreciating all of the little people and circumstances that help get them there.

Lol, ok.

Look, I get this is an attempt at your normal undoing of other qbs to prop up a certain one, but when you go after a guy that could end up being the best qb to play the positiin, it comes off petty and embarrassing.

Rogers does things at the position no one else in the league can, and just went in a 6 game stretch of like, 17 tds and no ints to win the division.

But whatevs

KChiefs1
01-03-2017, 01:00 PM
What is the Patriots record in Foxboro in the playoffs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KChiefs1
01-03-2017, 01:01 PM
Yeah but it just feels like we will come out firing guns blazing at home. We walked into a buzz saw in Pitt and I think they would be walking into one here.

I think our offense can score on these guys. The biggest difference for me is our OL that allowed only 28 sacks this year. The Steelers losing Heyward, their best front 7 player, will hurt them dearly IMO, especially with Schwartz owning his side the last month.

Meanwhile we're getting our best front 7 player back who would be huge in stopping the run on the right side.

I really think that the Steelers would be coming into a buzz saw at Arrowhead. We were embarrassed in September and these guys are going to want to return that favor in a big way.

I really believe the Chiefs will kick their asses too.

Amnorix
01-03-2017, 01:03 PM
What is the Patriots record in Foxboro in the playoffs?

Looks like 15-3 under Brady/BB. The pathetic 2009 team got ripped by the Ravens, the shocking Jets upset at Foxboro the next year, and the Ravens again in '12.

BigCatDaddy
01-03-2017, 01:37 PM
Lol, ok.

Look, I get this is an attempt at your normal undoing of other qbs to prop up a certain one, but when you go after a guy that could end up being the best qb to play the positiin, it comes off petty and embarrassing.

Rogers does things at the position no one else in the league can, and just went in a 6 game stretch of like, 17 tds and no ints to win the division.

But whatevs

Sandy gonna Sandy.

Kiimo
01-03-2017, 01:47 PM
Anybody thinking that Rodgers is somehow diminished as a QB for any reason whatsoever you can pull out of your ass is completely insane.

I'd rather have him than Brady.

carcosa
01-03-2017, 01:52 PM
I really believe the Chiefs will kick their asses too.

HELL yeah

I'm PUMPED!!!

BWillie
01-03-2017, 02:19 PM
Anybody want to place odds against 1/6 for Chiefs?

No way Chiefs should be 17% chance to win SB with a @ Foxboro game looming. If they were in the NFC I would feel differently.

Sandy Vagina
01-03-2017, 05:40 PM
Lol, ok.

But whatevs

Guess you just chose to overlook this part of my post.. which was separate and at the bottom for the deliberate purpose for standing out.

No question though, Aaron is a damn good QB in his own right.

What other part of my post did or could you disagree with? The reality that the only SB he's won, he conveniently had the #2 defense helping him? or the part about him being silver-spooned during development?

milkman
01-04-2017, 05:18 PM
Lol, ok.

But whatevs

Sandy says things in a manner that always somehow fluff up his fluff boy, but he is actually righty in his round about sucking Alex way.

Aaron Rodgers and the Packers are the perfect illustration of the fact that football, more than any other sport, is the ultimate team game.

Aaron Rodgers can not will that team to championships on his own, and the team around him has only been good enough to help once in his career to win one.

The team around Alex Smith is good enough, IMO, to win a SB.
Can Smith be good enough to help them get there?

I think he can.

KChiefs1
01-04-2017, 09:53 PM
Looks like 15-3 under Brady/BB. The pathetic 2009 team got ripped by the Ravens, the shocking Jets upset at Foxboro the next year, and the Ravens again in '12.

So you are saying there's a chance!

KChiefs1
01-06-2017, 10:52 AM
http://m.chiefs.com/news/article-7/Kingdom-Life-British-Gold-Medalist-and-Chiefs-Fan-Sam-Quek-Defends-Chiefs-to-Osi-Umenyiora/e65d77fa-f81f-4b7d-bdc4-f645a5256def

http://m.bbc.com/sport/american-football/38405373

eDave
01-06-2017, 10:56 AM
It's fairly rare that the best team in the league wins the SB.

eDave
01-06-2017, 11:03 AM
What's the best team in the league?

New England.

BigCatDaddy
01-06-2017, 02:42 PM

What?

TigeRRUppeRRcut
01-06-2017, 05:47 PM

https://cdn.meme.am/cache/instances/folder68/500x/23266068.jpg

SAUTO
01-06-2017, 05:53 PM
Can Smith be good enough to help them get there?

I think he can.

I love it

RobBlake
01-06-2017, 06:30 PM
Anybody thinking that Rodgers is somehow diminished as a QB for any reason whatsoever you can pull out of your ass is completely insane.

I'd rather have him than Brady.

You'd rather have rodgers than the best post season quarter back.. the league has possibly ever seen?

I don't believe 99% qbs of this age could have come back vs the seahags the way brady did.

RobBlake
01-06-2017, 06:32 PM
What?

well, it's sorta true. When it's a one game take all.. anything can happen.

DaneMcCloud
01-06-2017, 06:37 PM

Rare?

I disagree.

In *most* years, the best team wins the Super Bowl.

DaneMcCloud
01-06-2017, 06:38 PM

But it's not a "One game take all".

It's 16 weeks of regular season, then an additional 3-4 wins to win the Super Bowl.

That's a mountainous achievement for any team and the "best" team generally wins it all.

eDave
01-06-2017, 06:44 PM

It's 16 weeks of regular season, then an additional 3-4 wins to win the Super Bowl.

That's a mountainous achievement for any team and the "best" team generally wins it all.

AKA: Best team in the playoffs/Super Bowl.

I read an article about it earlier today. :harumph: Thing is, they mentioned every other team other than the Chiefs as possible NE spoilers.

pugsnotdrugs19
01-06-2017, 07:13 PM
What will be interesting when its our time to play is whether teams decide to stop kicking to Tyreek or not. If they do kick away from him, like I would suspect, the Chiefs could really dominate field position and that is something they thrive on.

eDave
01-06-2017, 07:17 PM
What will be interesting when its our time to play is whether teams decide to stop kicking to Tyreek or not. If they do kick away from him, like I would suspect, the Chiefs could really dominate field position and that is something they thrive on.

It's a lose/lose situation. Chiefs dominate field position either way. Anyone got a season stat on field position?

pugsnotdrugs19
01-06-2017, 07:38 PM
It's a lose/lose situation. Chiefs dominate field position either way. Anyone got a season stat on field position?

No clue, but I'm sure it would go in their favor greatly

RobBlake
01-06-2017, 07:41 PM

well, I meant in terms of most sports having a best of 7 series. The majority of the time.. it's the best, favorited teams that make it to the superbowl.

Sandy Vagina
01-06-2017, 07:53 PM
Thing is, they mentioned every other team other than the Chiefs as possible NE spoilers.

I think the media are just as guilty as fans of forgetting how the presence of a healthy Justin Houston changes the KC scenery significantly.

KC has been getting judged as has been.. Justin-less. Dude has been basically MIA in all playoff games, and of course regular seasons for a while now, minus a couple games. The team has been, by some, judged as maxed out.. while they are anything but with Justin.

If he's back, I have no doubt this team could dominate... yes, even Pitt and NE. That, and I doubt with him healthy, the KC offense plays in the same shackled manner in which they have. They likely won't even w/o him.. as this is.. do or die now.

BigCatDaddy
01-06-2017, 08:21 PM

I dont recall ever thinking a team was undeserving that won it all. They had to beat at least 3 great teams
Games arent played on paper

notorious
01-06-2017, 08:32 PM
AKA: Best team in the playoffs/Super Bowl.

I read an article about it earlier today. :harumph: Thing is, they mentioned every other team other than the Chiefs as possible NE spoilers.

And on the radio some very smart people think the Chiefs are the only team that can beat NE.

One of them said something to the effect of "So, you think a Chiefs team that lost a close game, in NE after they came off a bye, that has no Gronk who killed the Chiefs, will lose again? The Chiefs were playing Jason Avant and some other dude at WR. They fumbled at crucial point in the game. The Chiefs now have Maclin back, Kelce playing great, and the MOST dangerous weapon in the league....Tyreek Hill. This Chiefs team will beat New England."

That was an expert that come on Cowherd's show, who is right most of the time.