PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs 49ers request permission to interview Chris Ballard

RunKC
01-02-2017, 09:38 AM
Ian Rapoport

#49ers requested permission to interview #Chiefs director of football operations Chris Ballard, source said, for their GM job.

It's been fun Chris. Thanks for helping us draft Peters, Ford, Jones, etc

mcaj22
01-02-2017, 09:40 AM
If he gets it, I'd imagine he takes Toub with him as HC

KChiefs1
01-02-2017, 09:42 AM
Nooooooooo!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RealSNR
01-02-2017, 09:43 AM
I know this is dependent on who interviews him, but if I were Ballard, I'd hold out for a different job. The Niners are truly fucked for a good long while.

GloucesterChief
01-02-2017, 09:44 AM
I know this is dependent on who interviews him, but if I were Ballard, I'd hold out for a different job. The Niners are truly ****ed for a good long while.

Yep. Ownership is bad in SF.

HemiEd
01-02-2017, 09:45 AM
Can't they fucking wait until the playoffs/season is over?

mcaj22
01-02-2017, 09:46 AM
I know this is dependent on who interviews him, but if I were Ballard, I'd hold out for a different job. The Niners are truly ****ed for a good long while.

isn't that a good thing in this case? The cupboard is completely bare; he would be able to pick his own players from top to bottom. Kind of like he helped do here post Fat Scott era.

If he interviews with the Rams he's handcuffed to the QB that he didn't pick

cabletech94
01-02-2017, 09:47 AM
only if we get the 9ers draft first pick, or at least 2 2nds ( in know, that doesn't happen anymore ).

The Bad Guy
01-02-2017, 09:50 AM

Yep - he's turned down interview requests in the past. I think his kids are in high school in KC too.

He did interview in Tennessee and Chicago.

I think if McDaniels wants to go to the 49ers, he'll get to pick his GM.

TEX
01-02-2017, 10:14 AM
Ian Rapoport

#49ers requested permission to interview #Chiefs director of football operations Chris Ballard, source said, for their GM job.

It's been fun Chris. Thanks for helping us draft Peters, Ford, Jones, etc

Dang... If he gets it and leaves, just hope others don't follow.

nychief
01-02-2017, 10:15 AM
Dang... If he gets it and leves, just hope others don't follow.

Leves?

RealSNR
01-02-2017, 10:17 AM
isn't that a good thing in this case? The cupboard is completely bare; he would be able to pick his own players from top to bottom. Kind of like he helped do here post Fat Scott era.

This is going to sound really fucking ridiculous, but here it goes.

I'd honestly rather go to Cleveland if I were Ballard. Then again, I'm a weirdo who likes living in the upper midwest, and I don't give a shit about "NOTHING TO DO" in my city. If I'm an NFL GM, I'm going to be working 24/7 anyway, and when I'm not, I'm going on vacation regardless of whether I'm living in Cleveland or fucking Fiji.

From a talent perspective, Cleveland is no worse off than San Francisco. And can you imagine being the guy who finally resurrects the Cleveland Browns? Holy shit. Never have to pay for a fucking meal for the rest of your life.

stumppy
01-02-2017, 10:22 AM
DO NOT break up the band.

TEX
01-02-2017, 10:25 AM
Leves?

Typed fast. Thank you for pointing that out. I'll go back and fix. Should I return the favor? It would kind of suck if everyone did that. You know? :shrug:

DJ's left nut
01-02-2017, 10:26 AM
It happens to successful organizations - you lose good lieutenants.

Your hope is that's all they are; lieutenants. When the Cards lost Luhnow, they lost the actual brains of their organization and got left with a bowtie wearing schmuck that knows just enough to not lose 90 games and beat on the doofus fucks like Jim Hendry, but not enough to run with legitimately savvy organizations.

So do we think Ballard is the brains and Dorsey's just a lucky figurehead? Nah...I don't. And if that's the case, the Chiefs will be okay. There's no shortage of good football minds and talent scouts out there. The key is the ability to blend them all in a cohesive unit that's all pulling on the same side of the rope with the same set of ideas. I would think that would be Dorsey's responsibility and it shouldn't be too difficult for him to find another smart scout to plug in. That's the nature of good leadership; it replaces pieces and keeps chugging.

As for the coaching staff, I sure hope they don't lose Toub but I suspect they probably will; he's due a shot at the big chair.

BryanBusby
01-02-2017, 10:34 AM
Dorsey has had years to prepare for it to finally happen. Don't think Ballard will take that job, or even get offered.

Think they will lock in on mcd and a guy he takes with him from NE as GM.

RippedmyFlesh
01-02-2017, 10:34 AM
Toub certainly deserves a shot but I am hoping he enjoys the situation he is in. I remember reid saying it was toub's call as far as the wilson fake punt. Letting your ST coach make that call shows they give him a significant say.

DJ's left nut
01-02-2017, 10:40 AM
I actually worry a bit about losing Al Harris to a promotion of some sort. You don't see a ton of DB coaches make the move to the DC gig (I tend to think of LB coaches getting that gig for some reason). But perhaps some team will give him greater responsibility with an inside track at being the next in line.

They need to do whatever they can to hold onto Harris, IMO. Emmitt Thomas is the elder statesman and face of the secondary but I have to believe it's Harris that's doing the bulk of the coaching and Thomas is more of a figurehead.

rico
01-02-2017, 10:43 AM
You know, my first impression of the 49ers was that I liked them...I liked Montana and I loved the best down the 49ers gave Elway in the 89 or 90 a Super Bowl.

Anymore, though...I am really starting to hate that team.

Chief Roundup
01-02-2017, 10:58 AM
Yep - he's turned down interview requests in the past. I think his kids are in high school in KC too.

He did interview in Tennessee and Chicago.

I think if McDaniels wants to go to the 49ers, he'll get to pick his GM.

After what happened in Denver that would be just stupid, but that does seem to be the 49ers MO lately.

DJ's left nut
01-02-2017, 11:26 AM
You know, my first impression of the 49ers was that I liked them...I liked Montana and I loved the best down the 49ers gave Elway in the 89 or 90 a Super Bowl.

Anymore, though...I am really starting to hate that team.

'Effete Raiders' as your team's personality doesn't have the staying power that you think it might...

CaliforniaChief
01-02-2017, 11:32 AM
If the 49'ers recent track record tells us anything, they'll interview Chris Ballard and hire Scott Pioli.

TEX
01-02-2017, 11:39 AM
If the 49'ers recent track record tells us anything, they'll interview Chris Ballard and hire Scott Pioli.

LMAO Nailed it.

The Bad Guy
01-02-2017, 11:39 AM
I actually worry a bit about losing Al Harris to a promotion of some sort. You don't see a ton of DB coaches make the move to the DC gig (I tend to think of LB coaches getting that gig for some reason). But perhaps some team will give him greater responsibility with an inside track at being the next in line.

They need to do whatever they can to hold onto Harris, IMO. Emmitt Thomas is the elder statesman and face of the secondary but I have to believe it's Harris that's doing the bulk of the coaching and Thomas is more of a figurehead.

They may just have Emmitt slide into an advisory role like they did with Tommie Brasher.

TribalElder
01-02-2017, 11:45 AM
Super Bowl for KC first

Then best of luck to everyone

-King-
01-02-2017, 12:34 PM

The cup board was not bare at all posts Scott pioli
Posted via Mobile Device

The Bad Guy
01-02-2017, 12:38 PM
I wouldn't take the SF job if I was Ballard.

Jed York is a fuck. He's a meddling fuck who couldn't keep an all-world coach and basically forced him out.

tk13
01-02-2017, 12:51 PM
Maybe we can start a 20 year tradition where the 49ers keep stealing people away from the Chiefs.

I agree on this job though... the ownership in SF scares me. They basically dismantled a championship caliber team for no good reason. They did have a couple surprise retirements, but they went from great to terrible in a hurry.

NJChiefsFan
01-02-2017, 01:19 PM

Jed York is a ****. He's a meddling **** who couldn't keep an all-world coach and basically forced him out.

My friend who is a big 9ers fan text me today and showed me the tweet of York saying "I own this football team, and you don't dismiss owners." Rough spot for 49er fans.

RunKC
01-02-2017, 01:22 PM
Ian Rapoport

Frustration from #49ers coaches as it relates to GM Trent Baalke: He never talked to them. Never asked em what players they liked. Nothing.

Stay far away from this guy, Chris

BryanBusby
01-02-2017, 01:25 PM
They owe 69 million to fired coaches. They have the 2nd worst roster.

It's a shit job

ModSocks
01-02-2017, 01:26 PM
Ian Rapoport

Frustration from #49ers coaches as it relates to GM Trent Baalke: He never talked to them. Never asked em what players they liked. Nothing.

?

Chris would be taking Baalke's job. This has no implications at all concerning Chris.

However, it's still an interesting tweet because Knowhomo was circulating a rumor that the Donks want Trent Baalke....

The Bad Guy
01-02-2017, 02:04 PM
Ian Rapoport

Baalke got fired.

booger
01-02-2017, 03:25 PM
I don't have a link but it's Alex Marvez from fox sports on his FB page basically says Ballard wants input on the HC hire. For a first time GM that may make some owners hesitate. From just a fan perspective with no inside knowledge I think he looks at Dorsey not leaving GB all those years until the right opportunity presented itself. But money talks and I think he would have no problem filling out a staff of scouts and football operation folks being well connected with plenty of those folks. Just a matter of if he has unrealistic wants in terms of control and who he has in mind as his HC besides Toub

DJ's left nut
01-02-2017, 03:37 PM
That's an understandable request.

If you're a first time GM and the ownership puts in a 'veteran' head coach, you know you're little more than a director of player personnel. And worse, if that coach fails, you'll lose your job before he does.

I don't think it's a problem to at least say "look, if I'm coming here, I want to know who I'm working with and what's going to happen if it doesn't work out". That's a more than fair request for someone that's going to be sought after.

Ballard doesn't have the cache to just call his shot, but he's going to have his pick of jobs over the next year or two, IMO. And while I'm not sure he'll have the influence to say "I want you to hire THIS guy or I simply won't come", he may be able to say "hey, what's your short list?" and have genuine input as to the 5-6 strong candidates that are going to be looked at.

Rain Man
01-02-2017, 03:55 PM
I don't want anybody on the Chiefs to leave. After half a dozen Super Bowls, yeah, then take your shot. But this team still has a lot of blank resume space to fill.

booger
01-02-2017, 04:02 PM
Yep. And if you recall lovie and the Bucs job was his if he wanted it. They basically sold it to him that it's a carbon copy of KC with Dorse and Reid and he turned them down. Smart move with suspect ownership and Lovie he certainly knew very well. He's doing what he feels is best and waiting for the best fit and feel. Certainly can't blame him.

Also just a really smart hire from the get go by Dorsey. Ballard without looking his resume up was about a ten year area scout with one year promoted to director of pro scouting. Dorsey knows him from being in the division and like so many times it's brought up it's about relationships with people in the business. Doesn't have to be someone you worked with before but someone you can look at and say this guy has good relationships at the schools (he has ties to Texas and south in his area scouting day) and he's flat out very good at his job. So if he goes he will be missed but it will give someone else the chance to step up

DaneMcCloud
01-02-2017, 04:41 PM
Everything coming out of SF and Buffalo today should severely limit the number of potential head coaches and GM's for both clubs.

As bad as the Bills have been (no playoff appearances since 1999), the 49ers gig is radioactive.

What great candidate would want to work in that environment?

booger
01-02-2017, 04:46 PM
Everything coming out of SF and Buffalo today should severely limit the number of potential head coaches and GM's for both clubs.

As bad as the Bills have been (no playoff appearances since 1999), the 49ers gig is radioactive.

Yeah York is a young arrogant dipshit who knows nothing about football. That's how it appears to me anyway in my limited following of SF. Dude is in need of a Ron Wolf or Ernie Accorsi type consultant in his searches IMO. Seems to arrogant to go that route though

DJ's left nut
01-02-2017, 04:48 PM
What a strange, strange interview with Doug Whaley today.

Whaley was my top choice way back when the Pioli hire was made, but I tell you what, he looked COMPLETELY out of his depth dealing with the media today. He looked so unprepared that it makes you question how seriously he takes any area of his responsibility.

It was just oddly unprofessional. Nobody that works in the NFL, let alone as one of the very few top executives in this league, should ever sit out there stammering for 40 minutes like that. That just reeks of hubris.

Yeah...I'm thinking I'd steer clear of Buffalo right now. The whole Rex Ryan era and the bizarre Doug Marrone thing (the guy pretty much set his coaching career on fire rather than stay in Buffalo) is a pretty lousy background to step into.

Titty Meat
01-02-2017, 04:51 PM
My buddy out there says everyone thinks Caserio sp?/ McDaniel is the early favorite

Titty Meat
01-02-2017, 04:55 PM

Jed York is a ****. He's a meddling **** who couldn't keep an all-world coach and basically forced him out.

Seems like a great job for a GM. The last one should have been fired 3 years ago.

DaneMcCloud
01-02-2017, 04:57 PM
What a strange, strange interview with Doug Whaley today.

Whaley was my top choice way back when the Pioli hire was made, but I tell you what, he looked COMPLETELY out of his depth dealing with the media today. He looked so unprepared that it makes you question how seriously he takes any area of his responsibility.

It was just oddly unprofessional. Nobody that works in the NFL, let alone as one of the very few top executives in this league, should ever sit out there stammering for 40 minutes like that. That just reeks of hubris.

Yeah...I'm thinking I'd steer clear of Buffalo right now. The whole Rex Ryan era and the bizarre Doug Marrone thing (the guy pretty much set his coaching career on fire rather than stay in Buffalo) is a pretty lousy background to step into.
The only explanation, and this is a reach, is that Whaley wants to be fired.

I mean, the fucking guy called out the owners, of which, Kim Pegula has too much power.

Marrone proved in just two games that Gus Bradley was severely overmatched as a head coach and honestly, if I was an NFL owner, never hire him as a DC. They have lots of talent in Jax but under performed on both sides of the ball.

Titty Meat
01-02-2017, 05:00 PM
The only explanation, and this is a reach, is that Whaley wants to be fired.

I mean, the ****ing guy called out the owners, of which, Kim Pegula has too much power.

Marrone proved in just two games that Gus Bradley was severely overmatched as a head coach and honestly, if I was an NFL owner, never hire him as a DC. They have lots of talent in Jax but under performed on both sides of the ball.

Would you offer Marrone the HC position?

DaneMcCloud
01-02-2017, 05:00 PM
My buddy out there says everyone thinks Caserio sp?/ McDaniel is the early favorite

Both men would be fools to take those jobs.

Hell, O'Brien may be out in Houston and Rick Smith should definitely go. Considering they're already in the "Patriots Way" mode, they make much more sense there than in SF.

SF is a clusterfuck and probably a worse gig than Cleveland.

DaneMcCloud
01-02-2017, 05:02 PM
Would you offer Marrone the HC position?

In Jacskonville? No.

That organization needs sweeping changes and a change of culture.

Marrone's an upgrade over Bradley but they need a new voice in the locker room.

GloucesterChief
01-02-2017, 05:02 PM
Yeah York is a young arrogant dipshit who knows nothing about football. That's how it appears to me anyway in my limited following of SF. Dude is in need of a Ron Wolf or Ernie Accorsi type consultant in his searches IMO. Seems to arrogant to go that route though

Owner meddling almost never works in this day and age. The Skins have gotten better after Synder learned to stop meddling.

DJ's left nut
01-02-2017, 05:04 PM
Eh, I'm not sure I'd go that far w/r/t to Bradley.

The Jags had EIGHT one-score losses under Bradley. In a one score game, you can find a lot of things that have very little to do with the coach that can explain it. A great deal of it comes from one of the more bizarre regressions I've ever seen from a promising young QB.

Marrone lost a game on Sunday in the same kind of late, heartbreaking fashion that Bradley lost several games this year. I don't think Marrone showed that he's a substantially better coach than Bradley and I think Marrone's probably an average NFL coach.

Bradley will get to go the Haley route now. He needs to go back to being a DC somewhere (and I think he'll be a good one again) and excel long enough to lick his wounds, learn some lessons and maybe get another shot. It's the NFL - nobody's ever guaranteed a do-over and if he never gets one, so be it. But I don't think it's fair to say he was completely overmatched either.

He's just not an offensive coach and he didn't have the assistants around him to help him out when Bortles started going sideways. Once Bortles imploded and Bradley lacked the knowledge/staff to fix it, he was boned.

DaneMcCloud
01-02-2017, 05:04 PM
The Skins have gotten better after Synder learned to stop meddling.

Not by much.

DaneMcCloud
01-02-2017, 05:07 PM
Eh, I'm not sure I'd go that far w/r/t to Bradley.

The Jags had EIGHT one-score losses under Bradley. In a one score game, you can find a lot of things that have very little to do with the coach that can explain it. A great deal of it comes from one of the more bizarre regressions I've ever seen from a promising young QB.

Marrone lost a game on Sunday in the same kind of late, heartbreaking fashion that Bradley lost several games this year. I don't think Marrone showed that he's a substantially better coach than Bradley and I think Marrone's probably an average NFL coach.

Bradley will get to go the Haley route now. He needs to go back to being a DC somewhere (and I think he'll be a good one again) and excel long enough to lick his wounds, learn some lessons and maybe get another shot. It's the NFL - nobody's ever guaranteed a do-over and if he never gets one, so be it. But I don't think it's fair to say he was completely overmatched either.

He's just not an offensive coach and he didn't have the assistants around him to help him out when Bortles started going sideways. Once Bortles imploded and Bradley lacked the knowledge/staff to fix it, he was boned.
14-48, Dude.

14-48.

booger
01-02-2017, 05:07 PM
Owner meddling almost never works in this day and age. The Skins have gotten better after Synder learned to stop meddling.

Yep :thumb:

Mr. Laz
01-02-2017, 05:08 PM
http://www.findingradiance.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/doomed.png

Buehler445
01-02-2017, 05:17 PM

I haven't heard anything. What is coming out?

Other than Baalke and Kelly being shitcanned. And yeah. That place looks radioactive.

DaneMcCloud
01-02-2017, 05:34 PM
I haven't heard anything. What is coming out?

Other than Baalke and Kelly being shitcanned. And yeah. That place looks radioactive.

Buffalo GM Doug Whaley had a bizarre news conference in which he said that he "had no idea why Rex Ryan was fired" and wasn't "privy to that information".

In SF, it came out that Baalke never spoke with the coaches about draftees or players they liked. Kelly wanted Dak Prescott but Baalke said no.

The owner, Jed York, said "You don't dismiss owners" when asked about his poor tenure since being named club president.

Who, in their right mind, would want to work in Buffalo or SF after these bizarre statements?

DJ's left nut
01-02-2017, 05:41 PM
"I'm here to speak on behalf of the owners..."

"How can you do that if you weren't part of the conversation?"

"Uh......"

Like I said, just bizarre as hell. Then the whole thing about how he didn't hire Ryan but he's going to hire the new guy...once the owners say it's okay. Oh, and evidently he didn't have anything to do with Lynn coaching this last game but rather it was at Ryan's recommendation?

Alexander Haig seemed more composed than Doug Whaley.

Buehler445
01-02-2017, 05:51 PM
Buffalo GM Doug Whaley had a bizarre news conference in which he said that he "had no idea why Rex Ryan was fired" and wasn't "privy to that information".

In SF, it came out that Baalke never spoke with the coaches about draftees or players they liked. Kelly wanted Dak Prescott but Baalke said no.

The owner, Jed York, said "You don't dismiss owners" when asked about his poor tenure since being named club president.

Who, in their right mind, would want to work in Buffalo or SF after these bizarre statements?

"I'm here to speak on behalf of the owners..."

"How can you do that if you weren't part of the conversation?"

"Uh......"

Like I said, just bizarre as hell. Then the whole thing about how he didn't hire Ryan but he's going to hire the new guy...once the owners say it's okay. Oh, and evidently he didn't have anything to do with Lynn coaching this last game but rather it was at Ryan's recommendation?

Alexander Haig seemed more composed than Doug Whaley.

Jesus.

How the hell can people THIS incompetent get multi-million dollar jobs? I'm a horrible public speaker, but I could put together a press conference that was at least coherent. It would be boring but coherent.

And I'm not making millions.

DJ's left nut
01-02-2017, 05:53 PM
Jesus.

How the hell can people THIS incompetent get multi-million dollar jobs? I'm a horrible public speaker, but I could put together a press conference that was at least coherent. It would be boring but coherent.

And I'm not making millions.

Doug Whaley looks fucking great in a suit.

That counts for something.

DJ's left nut
01-02-2017, 05:55 PM
I mean seriously - get a look at this dapper motherfucker right here...

http://www.buffalobills.com/assets/images/imported/BUF/photos/article-assets/Story-Photos/2016-05/doug-whaley-idibh-story.jpg

I'd kick him at least a hundred bucks to give me advise on proper posture if nothing else.

DJ's left nut
01-02-2017, 06:00 PM
Pegula's given a little more information:

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/business/national-business/article124185914.html

The basic reason why Ryan was fired mid-week during a conference call had nothing to do with the Bills 'trying to get a head start' on their coaching search or anything you normally hear.

No - the reason, boiled down - he asked, I answered.

Pegula was going to evaluate his performance after the season but during a mid-week conference call, Ryan asked to speak directly to Pegula for a minute so Whaley hung up. Ryan asked if he would be retained and Pegula evidently decided "eh, fuck evaluation, I'm just gonna fire him" and told him he wouldn't be retained right then and there. So Ryan said that Lynn should coach the next game, Pegula said okay, called Whaley back and told him he had a new coach now.

What in the actual fuck?

Yeah, stay far the fuck away from Buffalo.

SAUTO
01-02-2017, 06:07 PM

http://www.buffalobills.com/assets/images/imported/BUF/photos/article-assets/Story-Photos/2016-05/doug-whaley-idibh-story.jpg

I'd kick him at least a hundred bucks to give me advise on proper posture if nothing else.I wonder if he can still stand like that after they cut off his nuts

Buehler445
01-02-2017, 06:10 PM

I'd kick him at least a hundred bucks to give me advise on proper posture if nothing else.

Tie is off kilter. A simple tie pin below the jacket or on the third button if you want it visible.

Plus I never could get into the white collar with patterned shirt.

Fuck this motherfucker :D

Buehler445
01-02-2017, 06:11 PM

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/business/national-business/article124185914.html

The basic reason why Ryan was fired mid-week during a conference call had nothing to do with the Bills 'trying to get a head start' on their coaching search or anything you normally hear.

Pegula was going to evaluate his performance after the season but during a mid-week conference call, Ryan asked to speak directly to Pegula for a minute so Whaley hung up. Ryan asked if he would be retained and Pegula evidently decided "eh, fuck evaluation, I'm just gonna fire him" and told him he wouldn't be retained right then and there. So Ryan said that Lynn should coach the next game, Pegula said okay, called Whaley back and told him he had a new coach now.

What in the actual fuck?

Yeah, stay far the fuck away from Buffalo.

LMAO There is no way that isn't batshit crazy. However, there is a good chance there is another side of the story. You know, the one where Rex Ryan says Rex Ryan things.

DaneMcCloud
01-02-2017, 06:18 PM
LMAO There is no way that isn't batshit crazy. However, there is a good chance there is another side of the story. You know, the one where Rex Ryan says Rex Ryan things.

The Pegula's were seen as "saviors" of the Buffalo sports scene because they purchased the Sabres and kept them there. Since a hot start and a new arena, the Sabres have been awful.

The reason why they were chosen as owners over Donald Trump, Jon Bon Jovi, et al, is that they promised to keep the Bills in Buffalo, with the possibility of massive renovations or a new stadium, whereas the other potential owners wouldn't make that promise.

They have no idea as to how to run a sports franchise, so no, this isn't shocking.

COchief
01-02-2017, 06:20 PM

Yeah, stay far the **** away from Buffalo.

That owner sounds amazingly stupid for someone in charge of an NFL franchise. However there is quite a few wackjobs in the leauge, Clark is the only thing approaching normal in the entire AFC West. We have "my team is homeless" Spanos, Pat "I married the Joker" Bowlen, and Flowbee/Chilisboy driving his 1997 caravan around.

pugsnotdrugs19
01-02-2017, 06:24 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">With a great situation in KC &amp; an excellent relationship wih GM John Dorsey, <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Chiefs?src=hash">#Chiefs</a> personnel man Chris Ballard won&#39;t interview with <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/49ers?src=hash">#49ers</a></p>&mdash; Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) <a href="https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/816076106075934721">January 3, 2017</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

:) :)

NJChiefsFan
01-02-2017, 06:25 PM
Wow.

pugsnotdrugs19
01-02-2017, 06:26 PM
So, it sounds like Ballard won't be going anywhere just yet.

NWTF
01-02-2017, 06:27 PM
Ballard will get his shot but he should pass on SF. York is the new old Al Davis except without any football knowledge. Hes a disaster of an owner. Not many owners could/would **** up what they had going in SF a few years ago. York showed hes one that could and would.

Buehler445
01-02-2017, 06:52 PM
Excellent.

DaneMcCloud
01-02-2017, 06:57 PM
So, it sounds like Ballard won't be going anywhere just yet.

Ballard won't leave the comfort of KC unless he's offered a GM job with full control by a team with excellent ownership. Those jobs don't come open very often and he's likely content to wait.

The Glazers are nuts, as are the York's. He's not going to any team in the AFC North or East or South.

It'll need to be a great franchise, not a dumpster fire.

GloucesterChief
01-02-2017, 07:01 PM

Pegula was going to evaluate his performance after the season but during a mid-week conference call, Ryan asked to speak directly to Pegula for a minute so Whaley hung up. Ryan asked if he would be retained and Pegula evidently decided "eh, **** evaluation, I'm just gonna fire him" and told him he wouldn't be retained right then and there. So Ryan said that Lynn should coach the next game, Pegula said okay, called Whaley back and told him he had a new coach now.

What in the actual ****?

Yeah, stay far the **** away from Buffalo.

Holy crap. That is insane.

O.city
01-02-2017, 07:05 PM
He interviewed with the Titans and bears last year. Looks like he didn't wanna go to San Fran clusterfuck

Coach
01-02-2017, 07:05 PM
Makes me glad we have Reid and Dorsey. Going through that Pioli shit and seeing these type of stories, it makes me appreciate what we have right now.

The Bad Guy
01-02-2017, 07:10 PM
Not only is Ballard not interviewing with 49ers, he's not interviewing anywhere. He's staying in KC according to Rapsheet.

DaneMcCloud
01-02-2017, 07:10 PM
He interviewed with the Titans and bears last year. Looks like he didn't wanna go to San Fran clusterfuck

The Titans hired maybe only second BB GM to succeed in Jon Robinson. He's upgraded the roster and has a shit ton of picks in 2017.

IIRC, Ballard scared the shit out of the Bears during the interview process.

Turns out, he was right.

The Bad Guy
01-02-2017, 07:11 PM
He interviewed with the Titans and bears last year. Looks like he didn't wanna go to San Fran cluster****

It sounds to me like he's got a small list of teams he'd go to and if those jobs aren't open, he's perfectly fine staying here.

O.city
01-02-2017, 07:12 PM
It sounds to me like he's got a small list of teams he'd go to and if those jobs aren't open, he's perfectly fine staying here.

I think he turned down an interview with the Bucs in 2014 as well.

RunKC
01-02-2017, 07:13 PM
Great news.

Ballard is more important than people realize. Glad he's staying.

Buehler445
01-02-2017, 07:18 PM
Makes me glad we have Reid and Dorsey. Going through that Pioli shit and seeing these type of stories, it makes me appreciate what we have right now.

Agreed. We deserve a goddamned Dorsey Dynasty after suffering through Schaaf, King Carl and Scott Franchise Killer Pioli.

Hoover
01-02-2017, 07:23 PM
Look there is no reason for him to be in a hurry. Hate making this comparison because it's not fair to Ballard, but he's like Pioli back when we landed him. Hot name, who didn't jump at the first opportunity that presented itself. The Chiefs are built for longterm success, its not a flash in the pan, so he can wait for the right job. My fear is he goes to San Diego or something after they relocate.

Coach
01-02-2017, 07:26 PM
Not only is Ballard not interviewing with 49ers, he's not interviewing anywhere. He's staying in KC according to Rapsheet.

That sounds about right. While every job has it's perks and negatives, most openings out there I'm seeing have a lot of negatives than positives.

Why add more undue stress and all that negative environment along with meddling owners onto yourself?

On the other hand, I know the GM spot isn't open, but Jacksonville is a good spot though. Kahn may have a lot of money, but so far he has been for the most part, hands-off approach at this point and they have a solid defense.

The question for that one is, is Bortles required for me to take this job or not?

Hog's Gone Fishin
01-02-2017, 07:27 PM

This is what we get with great ownership ! Happy Happy Happy I am.

DaneMcCloud
01-02-2017, 07:30 PM
On the other hand, Jacksonville is a good spot though. Kahn may have a lot of money, but so far he has been for the most part, hands-off approach at this point, and they have a solid defense.

The question for that one is, is Bortles required for me to take this job or not?
Smallest market in the NFL while giving up at least one home game to London each year will turn off better qualified candidates.

Coach
01-02-2017, 07:43 PM
Smallest market in the NFL while giving up at least one home game to London each year will turn off better qualified candidates.

Yes, I agree with you on that aspect. However, I was looking at the whole picture. Jacksonville, to me, has a better chance of making it to the playoffs sooner than Cleveland, SF, and Buffalo.

All they need is someone who can unfuck Bortles and get some kind of a offense going on that side.

BryanBusby
01-02-2017, 07:47 PM
The issue is kinda along the lines of Blake Bortles sucks.

NJChiefsFan
01-02-2017, 07:51 PM
The Titans hired maybe only second BB GM to succeed in Jon Robinson. He's upgraded the roster and has a shit ton of picks in 2017.

IIRC, Ballard scared the shit out of the Bears during the interview process.

Turns out, he was right.

Is that story about him scaring the bears a public story?

Hoover
01-02-2017, 08:03 PM
Is that story about him saying the bears a public story?
No, he scared Chicago because he knew exactly what the problems with that organization were and had a plan on how to fix it. They didn't like hearing it. Plus some wanted a GM with no previous ties to the team.

Basically Chicago really fu@ked up.

Titty Meat
01-02-2017, 08:08 PM
What a success Clark has accomplished building since 2013.

RunKC
01-02-2017, 08:09 PM
Ian Rapoport

From my understanding, Chris Ballard would not have interviewed anywhere this year. Loves KC & his situation

Chief Roundup
01-02-2017, 08:14 PM
Is that story about him scaring the bears a public story?

yes you can google it

Chief Roundup
01-02-2017, 08:15 PM
The issue is kinda along the lines of Blake Bortles sucks.

An article just came out that stated he has been playing all season with a separated shoulder which affected his mechanics.

DaneMcCloud
01-02-2017, 08:18 PM
An article just came out that stated he has been playing all season with a separated shoulder which affected his mechanics.

Meh. I don't by that at all.

His motion was much more compact after Gus was fired and Marrone was installed as the head coach.

While DJ and I agree on a great many things, Gus Bradley isn't one of them.

He's a bad head coach.

BryanBusby
01-02-2017, 08:18 PM
That's cool. I never thought he was good though.

He had a stretch a year ago against shitty Defenses and a terrible division where he racked up garbage time stats wherehe was basically heaving passes to his receivers and hoping they came down with the ball. Fortunately for him then, they did.

Nothing in his UCF tape made me think he was the answer. His tape felt like a highlight reel for the receivers that had ridiculous YAC.

Titty Meat
01-02-2017, 08:19 PM

His motion was much more compact after Gus was fired and Marrone was installed as the head coach.

He's a bad head coach.

14-48 says it all.

Buehler445
01-02-2017, 08:20 PM
Ballard Story. There is a bunch of shit formatting that I didn't want to unfuck so you have to click.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/chi-greg-gabriel-chris-ballard-ryan-pace-20150108-story.html

Mr. Laz
01-02-2017, 08:23 PM
Ballard turns them down

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I can confirm <a href="https://twitter.com/RapSheet">@RapSheet</a>&#39;s report that Chris Ballard - a key cog of KC&#39;s scouting department - won&#39;t interview with the 49ers, per a source</p>&mdash; Terez A. Paylor (@TerezPaylor) <a href="https://twitter.com/TerezPaylor/status/816080520228446209">January 3, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Hog's Gone Fishin
01-02-2017, 08:40 PM

He's a bad head coach.

Maybe Marrone said hey, you know your shoulders seperated , why don't you throw it like this.

tk13
01-03-2017, 01:28 AM
If Ballard sticks around long enough, he'd probably be the top candidate to replace Dorsey when he retires and or gets a "promotion" and hands over the reins to another GM. At this point that's probably a better play than going to somewhere like San Francisco.

mdchiefsfan
01-03-2017, 03:20 AM
If Ballard sticks around long enough, he'd probably be the top candidate to replace Dorsey when he retires and or gets a "promotion" and hands over the reins to another GM. At this point that's probably a better play than going to somewhere like San Francisco.

I think Dorsey has plenty of years left in him that this wouldn't be the cause to decline the interview. I just think that the situation isn't ideal in San Fran, and Ballard is waiting for the right offer.

Either way, it's pretty cool to see a guy content with where he's at, that he doesn't hop straight for the promotion offer.