PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs 2016 season in review: What was the Chiefs best play of the season?

ThaVirus
01-02-2017, 11:58 PM
"Best" is a bit subjective but you can vote however you see fit. Maybe the best play to you was the most important, coolest, had you most excited at the time, or the play that best encapsulates our crazy season.

Bowser
01-03-2017, 12:00 AM
Either the Berry pick against Carolina or the Berry pick-two against Atlanta. Tyreek's game against Denver in Denver was amazing (yeah, three plays, but so what).

SportsVideoGuy
01-03-2017, 12:07 AM
Poe sending Gary Kubiak into being convinced to retire a week later... They might be screwed for a while, but I could see Sean Payton taking the job.

Rain Man
01-03-2017, 12:09 AM
I was pondering doing a poll exactly like this. Thanks for doing the work.

This season has been chock full of great plays, and I really think the Chiefs have been the most exciting team in the league when you look at the list and the game situations.

While I have to say that the Poe pass was the most entertaining, the BEST play of the year was the Berry Pick-2 against Atlanta. It was a 100 yard play that turned the game around, and it was so bizarre and unexpected that it took me a minute to even figure out what happened. And doing it on his home turf in front of his family made it even better.

Demonpenz
01-03-2017, 12:13 AM
In my opinion. Tyreek Hill is stupid fast with amazing vision, but for Alex Smith to drop a dime on the Saints and have Tyreek seemingly slow up then speed up and dive horizontal and catch the ball with one hand is the best. Also the offensive line didn't seem like a bunch of bumble fucks on that play.

Mama Hip Rockets
01-03-2017, 12:42 AM
I'm going with Berry's pick-6 against Carolina, because it really seemed like the Panthers had that game wrapped up before that point. They were up by 11 points with 10 minutes left and had possession. The KC offense had struggled all day, and Berry took it upon himself to get them back in the game.

big nasty kcnut
01-03-2017, 12:44 AM
Chiefs defense motto see ball get the ball!

OldSchool
01-03-2017, 12:48 AM
I voted Santos doink.

Rain Man
01-03-2017, 12:50 AM
I voted Santos doink.

Oh, man. That's a good one.

Discuss Thrower
01-03-2017, 01:04 AM
Peters stripping Kelvin Benjamin.

Demonpenz
01-03-2017, 01:27 AM
Peters strip was too amazing to really understand.

Coochie liquor
01-03-2017, 05:11 AM
Berry's pick 2 against the Atlanta Blufkins.

Reerun_KC
01-03-2017, 05:33 AM
The "DOINK".

C3HIEF3S
01-03-2017, 05:36 AM
Berry's pick-2.

The Santos kick was a give-me that he almost shat in the bed of*. If he would've missed that..

*unfactual, opinion

Jerok
01-03-2017, 06:24 AM
I'm gonna say the strip of Benjamin by peters. Totally game changing and unexpected, all of a sudden the chiefs have the ball and you see interceptions a lot but strip recoveries by corners are much rarer.

rockymtnchief
01-03-2017, 06:28 AM
This is like trying to chose who your favorite kid is.

Danguardace
01-03-2017, 06:28 AM
Defense: Berry's Pick 2 was just surreal

Offense: Bloated Tebow Pass was just surreal

Sofa King
01-03-2017, 06:54 AM
Alex smith hitting some deep throws was pretty exciting and unexpected.

RunKC
01-03-2017, 07:02 AM
Tyreek Hill TD catch vs New Orleans. Than was as good of a catch as I've seen in quite awhile

Shaid
01-03-2017, 08:04 AM
The pick 2 was great but there was time in that game, I think we win anyway. The strip by Peters was a baller play. That takes it for me.

ThaVirus
01-03-2017, 09:46 AM
I was pondering doing a poll exactly like this. Thanks for doing the work.

All of these highlights films got you excited as well? This was such a fun season.

ThaVirus
01-03-2017, 09:48 AM
I'm gonna say the strip of Benjamin by peters. Totally game changing and unexpected, all of a sudden the chiefs have the ball and you see interceptions a lot but strip recoveries by corners are much rarer.

The way he stripped it was also phenomenal. Generally you'll see a peanut punch or the guys will wrestle with it and the ball will leak out at some point and hit the ground. In this case, Peters legitimately just stole the ball straight from Benjamin, who probably has him by 5 inches and 40 pounds.

It was probably the most clutch play of the season.

kjwood75nro
01-03-2017, 09:54 AM
I would go with Doink.

Never have I seen a football hit an upright that hard, yet still go in.

The reaction of Colquitt thinking it was no good, the announcer's "and in!" the dying Donk mascot under the goalpost, all happening in the last seconds of an OT that didn't exist if not for an 8 pt. final possession that included a TD pass that would've been short had it been caught clean.

Beef Supreme
01-03-2017, 10:13 AM
I voted for the Hill kick return where everyone was chanting his name and then he housed it. That kinda shit makes you a theme song short of a legend.

Direckshun
01-03-2017, 10:28 AM
Gun to my head, Berry's 2 point conversion, but only in tandem with Holthus' playcall.

CanadianChiefs
01-03-2017, 10:37 AM
This thread makes me realize how many extra games we easily could/should have lost.

I count 5

Direckshun
01-03-2017, 10:39 AM
This thread makes me realize how many extra games we easily could/should have lost.

I count 5

What does that mean?

Chiefs could have easily won three of the four games they lost.

We could have been 15-1, dammit!

lcarus
01-03-2017, 10:43 AM
Tough to pick. I went with DOINK because that just felt so great, but Peters ripping a victory from the hands of Kelvin Benjamin and kicking it out of their stupid stadium was nice. With Tyreek, it's tough to just pick one play out of what seems like 100. The Poe plays were fun but not quite as dramatic. And Berry's interceptions were fantastic as well.

carcosa
01-03-2017, 10:44 AM
This is actually incredibly hard. My first instinct was the pick 2, but then I remembered Poe's pass, but THEN I remembered the Doink. And that doesn't even include all of Hill's electrifying plays. And shit, yeah, Marcus Peters willing the team to a win by straight up stealing the damn ball!

You could make a real case for almost every play on that list. I think I have to give my vote to the Doink, though, because it came at such a pivotal moment in the season. If that ball doesn't miraculously go through, we have an ugly tie in our record. We don't sweep the division, probably don't win it. Maybe the Broncos don't totally break down. That darn Doink changed everything.

But man, what a great season, eh?

hometeam
01-03-2017, 10:47 AM
When are you going to see another 345 pound man throw a jump shot touchdown in a division game, to stick right in the donks smug little craw?

Never. SO glad I stayed for that even though my friends wife was complaining to leave for the 30 minutes prior.

ThaVirus
01-03-2017, 10:47 AM
I voted for the Hill kick return where everyone was chanting his name and then he housed it. That kinda shit makes you a theme song short of a legend.

I think that was the one against Oakland at home, no?

I don't think I included that one on the list. As I was combing through the season's big plays I felt Hill was massively over represented. The guy is a human highlight reel.

ThaVirus
01-03-2017, 10:48 AM
This is actually incredibly hard. My first instinct was the pick 2, but then I remembered Poe's pass, but THEN I remembered the Doink. And that doesn't even include all of Hill's electrifying plays. And shit, yeah, Marcus Peters willing the team to a win by straight up stealing the damn ball!

You could make a real case for almost every play on that list. I think I have to give my vote to the Doink, though, because it came at such a pivotal moment in the season. If that ball doesn't miraculously go through, we have an ugly tie in our record. We don't sweep the division, probably don't win it. Maybe the Broncos don't totally break down. That darn Doink changed everything.

But man, what a great season, eh?

The DOINK kicked off the Broncos late-season slide as well. IIRC, they were 7-3 going into that game and primed for another playoff berth.

After we shitkicked them in their house they just fell apart.

CanadianChiefs
01-03-2017, 10:56 AM
What does that mean?

Chiefs could have easily won three of the four games they lost.

We could have been 15-1, dammit!

Im talking the odds of coming back against SD, CAR, winning the DEN game (etc) were complete chokes by the other teams. ATL and a few others had a chance to win too.

Sure we blew two games, but our chokes weren't as bad as some of the teams we played and won against. They blew it hard.

Garcia Bronco
01-03-2017, 10:59 AM
Easily the goal line TD catch for Hill from Smith. Easily.

carcosa
01-03-2017, 11:09 AM
The DOINK kicked off the Broncos late-season slide as well. IIRC, they were 7-3 going into that game and primed for another playoff berth.

After we shitkicked them in their house they just fell apart.

Yep, the Doink was a real butterfly effect moment.

O.city
01-03-2017, 11:20 AM
The peters fumble, Berry's big plays, Smith's comeback vs chargers, too many to think of

TinyEvel
01-03-2017, 11:37 AM
I'm just stoked there are enough awesome plays to make a poll this deep.

Great season. :clap:

ThaVirus
01-03-2017, 11:51 AM
I'm just stoked there are enough awesome plays to make a poll this deep.

Great season. :clap:

I left a shit ton of big plays off too.

It was truly a magical season- probably even more so than last year.

RippedmyFlesh
01-03-2017, 12:16 PM
Peters strip was too amazing to really understand.

My favorite we just stole their lunch money.

Easy 6
01-03-2017, 12:28 PM
I'm gonna take it back to the beginning, and maybe surprise some people

Smiths come from behind victory over San Diego was huge in so many ways... it really set a "never say die" tone for the rest of the year IMO

Hydrae
01-03-2017, 12:37 PM
I went with the 2-point conversion interception. Such an amazing game all around for Berry that day.

Close second for me would be the safety kick return by Hill. First we get the safety and then turn right around and immediately score on them. Took the heart right out of the Broncos.

scho63
01-03-2017, 12:39 PM
1. Berry's pick 2 and pick 6 vs Atlanta were monumental. BEST FOR A WIN

2. Hill's incredible TD catch versus New Orleans. BEST FOR TALENT

3. Poe's TD pass to Harris. BEST FOR MOST MEMORABLE HIGHLIGHT

4. Peter's strip of Benjamin in Carolina. BEST FOR STEALING VICTORY FROM THE JAWS OF DEFEAT

5. Santos' doink against the Donks. BEST FOR CARDIAC MOMENT THAT WAS BAD THEN GOOD ALL IN 3 SECONDS

6. Wilson's direct snap on the fake punt for a TD. BEST FOR THE BEST UNEXPECTED MOMENT THAT WORKED TO PERFECTION

jerryforeverrice80
01-03-2017, 12:43 PM
the big man td pass.

CaliforniaChief
01-03-2017, 12:54 PM
If it's best play (per the OP), I'm going with Poe because that was such a beautiful killshot to a monster that has haunted us for years. It's Andy, the nice grandfatherly coach, twisting the tetanus-infected knife in the donkey with a wry smile at home in front of the whole country.

It's nice to do something like that in front of the whole country.

DaFace
01-03-2017, 01:21 PM
I went with the Poe pass just because it was the most hilarious thing I've ever seen the Chiefs do, and it was awesome.

It obviously wouldn't win if I were evaluating purely based on the impact on a game, though.