PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Chargers request to interview Dave Toub for HC job

pugsnotdrugs19
01-03-2017, 09:27 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Chargers requested permission for HC interview with Chiefs ST coach Dave Toub, per source. They are not only team expected to interview him.</p>&mdash; Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/816305493031448576">January 3, 2017</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
:(

UK_Chief
01-03-2017, 09:28 AM
Damn

Molitoth
01-03-2017, 09:28 AM
Permission DENIED.

PHOG
01-03-2017, 09:29 AM
NO WAY!!!! :harumph:

TribalElder
01-03-2017, 09:31 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/01/03/chargers-ask-for-permission-to-interview-dave-toub/

wazu
01-03-2017, 09:34 AM
Really hope if he has to go that lands outside our division.

Red Dawg
01-03-2017, 09:35 AM
That sucks. He will probably not turn down and HC job. Good luck to him.

RunKC
01-03-2017, 09:38 AM
Can't see them giving him this job. They are going to LA and will need a coach everyone knows.

This won't be the only job interview he gets though.

pugsnotdrugs19
01-03-2017, 09:39 AM
I just hope that if he does go somewhere, he doesn't take a bunch of our coaches with him for promotions...

Pasta Little Brioni
01-03-2017, 09:42 AM
Dudes impact is YUGE

carcosa
01-03-2017, 09:44 AM
HELL NO!!!!

nychief
01-03-2017, 09:48 AM
Good for him. Brock Olivo stlll at his knee?

Hoover
01-03-2017, 09:53 AM
Good for him. Brock Olivo stlll at his knee?
Yep

pugsnotdrugs19
01-03-2017, 09:55 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Chargers?src=hash">#Chargers</a> request to interview <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Chiefs?src=hash">#Chiefs</a> special teams coach Dave Toub, source said &amp; the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Broncos?src=hash">#Broncos</a> expected to do the same. Lot of interest.</p>&mdash; Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) <a href="https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/816307672433692672">January 3, 2017</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

In more shitty news.

The Franchise
01-03-2017, 09:58 AM
The question is....would Toub want to leave? Being a HC is a ton of work compared to just coaching STs. Maybe he's happy with what he's doing and doesn't want all the added stress.

Dante84
01-03-2017, 09:59 AM
Yuck.

Broncos and Chargers? Fuck that.

pugsnotdrugs19
01-03-2017, 10:00 AM
The question is....would Toub want to leave? Being a HC is a ton of work compared to just coaching STs. Maybe he's happy with what he's doing and doesn't want all the added stress.

Read somewhere that he has interviewed for jobs before, so I would assume he wants to be one..

He has extremely good job security right now, but he'd probably be a good HC.

Quesadilla Joe
01-03-2017, 10:02 AM

Toub is probably paid very well but he isn't making anywhere close to HC money. If someone offered you a 500% raise (at least), you'd take it.

Direckshun
01-03-2017, 10:02 AM

Ever turned down a promotion, there, Pest?

gblowfish
01-03-2017, 10:03 AM
Because Frank Gansz turned out to be such a bangin' head coach....

RunKC
01-03-2017, 10:04 AM
I thought Denver was locked in on a young coach for their search?

The Franchise
01-03-2017, 10:05 AM
Ever turned down a promotion, there, Pest?

No but I did interview for one last year and wasn't TOO upset when I got passed over for it.

Bewbies
01-03-2017, 10:06 AM
As much as I'd hate to lose him, I really would love to see him get a chance as a head coach.

Spott
01-03-2017, 10:06 AM
Don't want to lose him, but the last time we hired a special teams coach to be a head coach it didn't turn out well.

FloridaMan88
01-03-2017, 10:07 AM
Denver and San Diego just trying to extract insider information from him, I doubt he is a serious candidate for either team.

hometeam
01-03-2017, 10:08 AM
GET OFF MY MAN

The Franchise
01-03-2017, 10:09 AM
Toub is probably paid very well but he isn't making anywhere close to HC money. If someone offered you a 500% raise (at least), you'd take it.

What if someone offered you a 500% raise but there's a 50% chance that you'll be out of a job in 3-4 years?

alpha_omega
01-03-2017, 10:09 AM
Good for him, but shouldn't we tell the Bolts and Donks to get lost?

WhawhaWhat
01-03-2017, 10:14 AM

John Harbaugh was Andy Reid's Special teams coordinator for like 10 years before he was hired by the Ravens.

Danguardace
01-03-2017, 10:14 AM
What if someone offered you a 500% raise but there's a 50% chance that you'll be out of a job in 3-4 years?

But he would get a STC job again very easily.

Quesadilla Joe
01-03-2017, 10:15 AM

Toub would have another ST Coordinator job within 5 minutes of getting fired.

BoneKrusher
01-03-2017, 10:16 AM
oh crap, we Build a good team from ground level and the havenots start their raid.

Bewbies
01-03-2017, 10:16 AM

You're leaving out the part that you'd be $10,000,000+ richer in 3-4 years.

JakeLV
01-03-2017, 10:23 AM
This is when the championship window begins closing.

ptlyon
01-03-2017, 10:27 AM
Dear Mr. Elway,

Thanks for your interest in myself for your head coaching position for the Denver Broncos. You may eat a dick.

Kind regards,
David Toub

stevieray
01-03-2017, 10:31 AM
I hate this crap. Unneeded distractions with much left to do.

Didn't this happen to Charlie and he mailed it in...?

:cuss:

wazu
01-03-2017, 10:31 AM
Denver and San Diego just trying to extract insider information from him, I doubt he is a serious candidate for either team.

WTF are you even talking about.

wazu
01-03-2017, 10:34 AM
Dear Mr. Elway,

Thanks for your interest in myself for your head coaching position for the Denver Broncos. You may eat a dick.

Kind regards,
David Toub

Unfortunately Denver is probably the most desirable spot. Only downside is expectation to win right away.

wazu
01-03-2017, 10:52 AM
In Elway's presser he said something about bringing in a coach with a young mind. I'm thinking his top target is Kyle Shanahan.

scho63
01-03-2017, 11:07 AM
Whoever is the dick, (RealSNR) who recently started a thread "Why hasn't Toub been offered a HC job yet?" should get his balls kicked for jinxing things! :cuss:

Andy mentions in this interview that Toub had been drawing up, tweaking, and practicing the fake punt all week. And he called it up during the game.

http://www.chiefs.com/media-center/videos/Coach_Reid_OneonOne_after_Win_in_Atlanta/3210b4f0-a00c-4e22-81bf-d80723b79a49

I mean, this is just one of the DOZENS of astounding moments where we've seen his presence as a special teams coach not only affect but WIN games going back to his time with the Bears.

Yeah, he's a ST coach. But look at who else has come from a ST background in their head coach careers: Belichick, Levy, John Harbaugh...

At this point, wouldn't one think that teams would be more likely to dig into the resumes of some of these ST coaches when making hires? At the very least, why hasn't the best ST coach in the game for many years now been getting more than the one look he had last year?

DaneMcCloud
01-03-2017, 11:21 AM
He's 55 years old, has never been a head coach at any level and isn't a "sexy" hire.

If the Chargers are truly moving to Los Angeles (where they'll reported play in a Carson soccer stadium that seats 27,000), he would be a terrible hire for them.

I think the Chargers and Broncos just want to pick his mind.

DJ's left nut
01-03-2017, 11:27 AM

But don't forget there's a 25% chance you'll be out of a job in 3-4 years in your current gig.

It's a funny league; shit changes in a hurry. 4 years from now will be 8 seasons in Kansas City for Andy. Marty only got 10.

If you're looking for job security in the NFL, you're in the wrong profession. If Toub can get a HC job, milk it for 3-4 years, he'll be set for life financially. And even if he gets canned, he'll always have a fall-back of being a ST coach again.

If it's a situation with even a remote chance of success, he should take it. Coaches get younger and younger every year it seems. Mike Zimmer was seen as a different type of hire because Zimmer was being given his first shot in his mid 50s. If Toub doesn't get one in the next year or two, the odds overwhelmingly suggest he won't.

I wish him well and just hope it's outside the division.

carcosa
01-03-2017, 11:29 AM
I hate this crap. Unneeded distractions with much left to do.

Didn't this happen to Charlie and he mailed it in...?

:cuss:

Charlie's a piece of shit tho

Kiimo
01-03-2017, 01:21 PM
Denver is going to hire Shanahan in my opinion. And Toub would be a fool to go to the Chargers. Wait for something better.

wazu
01-03-2017, 01:37 PM
Denver is going to hire Shanahan in my opinion. And Toub would be a fool to go to the Chargers. Wait for something better.

San Diego is the only place with zero doubts at QB. Could easily see some coach engineering a fast turnaround and looking like a genius.

GoChargers
01-03-2017, 01:45 PM
He's 55 years old, has never been a head coach at any level and isn't a "sexy" hire.

If the Chargers are truly moving to Los Angeles (where they'll reported play in a Carson soccer stadium that seats 27,000), he would be a terrible hire for them.

I think the Chargers and Broncos just want to pick his mind.

The "sexy hires" are too expensive for Deano and would never want to work for him anyway. The other candidates that the Chargers have requested interviews with so far are also assistants with no head coaching experience: Matt Patricia and Vance Joseph.

The Donks might just want to "pick his brain," but I'm pretty sure the Chargers are seriously considering Toub as a candidate.

Chief Northman
01-03-2017, 01:46 PM
San Diego is the only place with zero doubts at QB. Could easily see some coach engineering a fast turnaround and looking like a genius.

The Chargers need a competent medical staff let alone a new head coach.

Telesco actually has a decent player personnel accumen and has had decent drafts. Their stars just cannot stay healthy. As a potential HC candidate, I'd have more concerns about franchise's homeless state as opposed to the on field/roster talent. If Spanos can end the uncertainty surrounding where the Chargers will be, the HC gig becomes a lot more attractive.

Kiimo
01-03-2017, 01:52 PM
Do you all know that Spanos is considering the move to LA where he will be Kroenke's bitch at every step of the way? Kroenke will make every single attempt he can to bury the Chargers and block Los Angeles from accepting them as a team. He's the world's worst landlord.

And the thing is, Spanos KNOWS this. He just doesn't care. He is confident the team will grow in value in Los Angeles besides this fact so when he sells it he will make more money. Y'all need to talk to some Charger fans. Dean Spanos is a TERRIBLE owner and being the Rams bitch in LA is not a desirable job, trust me. Hell Toub might not even last long enough to see them play in Inglewood.

Easy 6
01-03-2017, 02:02 PM
Moving to LA is going to be a freaking disaster for them

Hoover
01-03-2017, 02:10 PM
Agree.

Frankly I don't think it makes any sense for the NFL to have the Chargers in LA.

What does make a lot of sense is moving the Raiders to Vegas and getting a stadium deal done in San Diago.

BWillie
01-03-2017, 02:18 PM
Is it standard for special team coordinators to get to interview for HC positions? Seems like a more natural progression would be a move to O or D coordinator.

Easy 6
01-03-2017, 02:18 PM
Agree.

Frankly I don't think it makes any sense for the NFL to have the Chargers in LA.

What does make a lot of sense is moving the Raiders to Vegas and getting a stadium deal done in San Diago.

Two struggling teams in a city used to sexy winners like the Lakers, and theres a million other things to do on top of that... what could go wrong?

I'm not sure about the Vegas Raiders though, I hate those motherlovers as much as anyone... but they'll never have the same level of fan enthusiasm there as they do in Oakland, IMO

Buehler445
01-03-2017, 02:51 PM
Unfortunately Denver is probably the most desirable spot. Only downside is expectation to win right away.

And being handcuffed to at least several games with Lynch.

Pitt Gorilla
01-03-2017, 03:10 PM
Spanos: Well, Dave, what is your secret?

Toub: Give the ball to Reek!

Spanos: ... ... We can't do that, Dave...

Toub: ...

Kiimo
01-03-2017, 03:16 PM
Two struggling teams in a city used to sexy winners like the Lakers, and theres a million other things to do on top of that... what could go wrong?

I'm not sure about the Vegas Raiders though, I hate those motherlovers as much as anyone... but they'll never have the same level of fan enthusiasm there as they do in Oakland, IMO

I'm not too sure about that. There are Raiders fans everywhere. The team will have a unique ability to draw opposing fans too. It isn't like the Black Hole sells out all the time.

Plus flights from Oakland to Vegas are like 60 bucks. Sure some of their crazy season ticket holders won't be able to do what they do now but I'm not sure as an organization you really don't want to move on from that Gwar nonsense.

DJ's left nut
01-03-2017, 03:21 PM
Agree.

Why?

Cities are getting tired of public welfare for billionaires. The citizens of San Diego have no interest in paying for a new stadium for the Chargers (nor should they) and Spanos clearly has no interest in buying his own.

Once cities got wise to the fact that the 'economic boon' argument is bullshit, owners were left with holding their cities hostage. San Diego has pretty much told the Chargers good luck and god speed. What should the NFL do to fix that? Force SD to pay for it? Force Spanos to pay for it? Have the other owners pay for it so they can pass those expenses on to their own fans?

Spanos has made his own bed by gambling with the fans and having them call his bluff. He wanted a shiny new toy, they wouldn't give it to him and now he's torched a ton of good will with the fanbase. This is his problem now and he'll just have to deal with it.

DaneMcCloud
01-03-2017, 03:29 PM
The problem with the Spanos family is the same problem Mark Davis has: All of their wealth is tied up with the team.

Davis can't afford to build a new stadiums and the Spanos family can't afford to build a new stadium.

The solution in San Diego is simple: The NFL should provide the Spanos family with a $500 million dollar interest free loan in order to renovate the Murph.

The Chargers stay in SD, the tax payers and tourists aren't hit with any additional fees and the NFL can host a Super Bowl in San Diego after the renovations are completed.

ModSocks
01-03-2017, 03:32 PM

I highly, highly doubt they move to L.A.

They've done a great job of destroying their fan base here in SD by dragging this out. They went scorched earth policy last season and had a scumbag lawyer as their voice to the public to try to strong arm San Diego into a stadium. That resulted in a fan base that absolutely despises ownership.

After they were denied the Carson project, they changed their tune and tried to be all nice and "open". No one gave a shit. Damage was done. 43% of the voting base voted yes to their stadium initiative.

Couple that with with multiple losing seasons and a loss to the Browns?

Pffff AND a finicky as **** SoCal market?

They'll have no fan base in LA. No support. Moving to LA would be the biggest embarrassment the NFL has ever endured.

ModSocks
01-03-2017, 03:36 PM
Charger fans are pissed. This fan base will not follow this team to LA. Dean Spanos has to know that. Hell, they'll barely show up to games right here in our home town.

Too much damage has been done.

They need to build a stadium here in SD and start a decade long rebuild project with the only fan base they have and ever will have.

DJ's left nut
01-03-2017, 03:39 PM
The problem with the Spanos family is the same problem Mark Davis has: All of their wealth is tied up with the team.

Davis can't afford to build a new stadiums and the Spanos family can't afford to build a new stadium.

The solution in San Diego is simple: The NFL should provide the Spanos family with a $500 million dollar interest free loan in order to renovate the Murph.

The Chargers stay in SD, the tax payers and tourists aren't hit with any additional fees and the NFL can host a Super Bowl in San Diego after the renovations are completed.

Has Spanos given any indication at all that he would be open to such a deal?

Though, for the record, I still wouldn't do so. Your $500 million loan, if given interest free and over a reasonable payment schedule, would have a huge economic value. Let's say the NFL allowed him to pay it back over 20 years at 4.0% - that's roughly $2.1 million/month for 480 months and ends up at a total of right at a billion dollars. By giving it to Spanos interest free, they've essentially gifted him $500 million.

Yeah, good luck ever convincing another owner to pay for his own stadium again. And again, why should the remaining owners pay for Spanos to fix the stadium he let fall into disrepair? I'm not terribly worried about the Good Ship Spanos and its inability to pay its bills. If he can't afford to play, then he sells the team; full stop.

Spanos is free to line up investors if he'd like. I believe he's tried the bond proposal and was soundly defeated; clearly those investors won't be found in San Diego.

RealSNR
01-03-2017, 03:42 PM
Whoever is the dick, (RealSNR) who recently started a thread "Why hasn't Toub been offered a HC job yet?" should get his balls kicked for jinxing things! :cuss:

Don't hate me because I saw this coming

Simply Red
01-03-2017, 03:43 PM
Chillax guys - Coordinators aren't a sure-lock to convert over into successful HC - great football mind or not. There are a lot of ingredients aside from raw FB knowledge.

DaneMcCloud
01-03-2017, 03:44 PM
Has Spanos given any indication at all that he would be open to such a deal?

Though, for the record, I still wouldn't do so. Your $500 million loan, if given interest free and over a reasonable payment schedule, would have a huge economic value. Let's say the NFL allowed him to pay it back over 20 years at 4.0% - that's roughly $2.1 million/month for 480 months and ends up at a total of right at a billion dollars. By giving it to Spanos interest free, they've essentially gifted him $500 million.

Yeah, good luck ever convincing another owner to pay for his own stadium again. And again, why should the remaining owners pay for Spanos to fix the stadium he let fall into disrepair? I'm not terribly worried about the Good Ship Spanos and its inability to pay its bills. If he can't afford to play, then he sells the team; full stop.

Spanos is free to line up investors if he'd like. I believe he's tried the bond proposal and was soundly defeated; clearly those investors won't be found in San Diego.

The NFL has already offered to chip in $300 million towards both the Raiders and Chargers stadium projects.

Considering it would cost each franchise $500 million for a relocation fee, dumping $500 million into the existing stadium is the best option for the Chargers and the NFL.

Playing in a 27,000 seat soccer stadium in Carson while waiting for Kroenke world to open would be embarrassing on numerous fronts.

carcosa
01-03-2017, 03:47 PM
The NFL has already offered to chip in $300 million towards both the Raiders and Chargers stadium projects.

Considering it would cost each franchise $500 million for a relocation fee, dumping $500 million into the existing stadium is the best option for the Chargers and the NFL.

Playing in a 27,000 seat soccer stadium in Carson while waiting for Kroenke world to open would be embarrassing on numerous fronts.

At least the 27,000 seat stadium would have a chance of feeling full

DJ's left nut
01-03-2017, 03:48 PM

How is 'get $500 million from the Chargers' an equally good option for the NFL (i.e. the owners) as 'give $500 million to the Chargers'?

You're talking about a billion dollar swing here. So that Dean Spanos can get a new stadium in SD instead of LA? What the hell do the other 31 owners care?

I mean you're absolutley right that Spanos would be wise to come up with the money, but the NFL would be fools to just give him a free loan to cover it. Find the coin or sell, Dean. There are no shortage of extremely rich people in this country that would like to own a football team.

Simply Red
01-03-2017, 03:50 PM
Are my NFL takes getting better? - I really worked on them last summer!

carcosa
01-03-2017, 03:54 PM
Are my NFL takes getting better? - I really worked on them last summer!

Not too hot, not too cold... JUST RIGHT!

Hoover
01-03-2017, 03:54 PM
Chiefs are lucky to have their stadium deal done. Still in ten years the team is going to want something, these govrnment owned facilities just don't work anymore. If it were me I'd give the property to the team/teams and just tax the property instead of having to find 500 million every 25 years to keep my stadium filled and team happy.

DJ's left nut
01-03-2017, 03:57 PM
Chiefs are lucky to have their stadium deal done. Still in ten years the team is going to want something, these govrnment owned facilities just don't work anymore. If it were me I'd give the property to the team/teams and just tax the property instead of having to find 500 million every 25 years to keep my stadium filled and team happy.

Why do you think teams keep threatening to move?

Cities aren't interested in giving owners free rent anymore. More and more of them are trying to do exactly what you're saying - "it's your team, you find a place for them to play..."

And so the owners go to Goodell, they fire up the franchise relocation carousel and start holding cities hostage. I'm curious how long it will take for Mexico City to be used as the next landing spot, especially if the Raiders go to Vegas.

DaneMcCloud
01-03-2017, 03:59 PM
How is 'get $500 million from the Chargers' an equally good option for the NFL (i.e. the owners) as 'give $500 million to the Chargers'?

You're talking about a billion dollar swing here. So that Dean Spanos can get a new stadium in SD instead of LA? What the hell do the other 31 owners care?

I mean you're absolutley right that Spanos would be wise to come up with the money, but the NFL would be fools to just give him a free loan to cover it. Find the coin or sell, Dean. There are no shortage of extremely rich people in this country that would like to own a football team.
The Spanos family has been adamant about not selling.

Less than a decade ago, AEG planned a LA downtown stadium next to the Staples Center and even sold the naming rights to Farmer's insurance at $20 million per year for 20 years. But he refused to build it unless he owned an NFL franchise.

First, he offered to purchase the Raiders and Chargers. Both owners refused. Next, he offered to purchase 51% of the team and the owners refused.

Then, he offered the Spanos family a controlling share of 51%. He'd own 49% with the Right Of First Refusal AND a rent free stadium in the heart of LA Live!

The Spanos family again refused.

They're stubborn morons. Los Angeles and San Diego have called their bluffs. I don't see what action they can take to save their team in San Diego, other than the NFL loaning them money for renovations.

They're fucked.

DJ's left nut
01-03-2017, 04:05 PM
The Spanos family has been adamant about not selling.

Less than a decade ago, AEG planned a LA downtown stadium next to the Staples Center and even sold the naming rights to Farmer's insurance at $20 million per year for 20 years. But he refused to build it unless he owned an NFL franchise.

First, he offered to purchase the Raiders and Chargers. Both owners refused. Next, he offered to purchase 51% of the team and the owners refused.

Then, he offered the Spanos family a controlling share of 51%. He'd own 49% with the Right Of First Refusal AND a rent free stadium in the heart of LA Live!

The Spanos family again refused.

They're stubborn morons. Los Angeles and San Diego have called their bluffs. I don't see what action they can take to save their team in San Diego, other than the NFL loaning them money for renovations.

They're fucked.

If the NFL offers to loan the money at the same 'bank rates' that any kind of investor would get, they'll turn it down and they'll continue to play in a dilapidated eyesore. And after not too terribly long, the maintenance costs of said eyesore (and plummeting revenues) will make staying there cost prohibitive.

So they can either go !@#$ing bankrupt or they can sell. I suspect they'd take the latter at that point.

It is not the NFL's job to ensure that the Spanos family can keep their team. Fuck 'em. Cut 'em loose and sooner or later, if they're as leveraged in the Chargers as you say they are, they'll have no choice but to bow out. It's happened to better, smarter owners than Dean Spanos.

Rasputin
01-03-2017, 04:07 PM
Why would anyone want to coach the Chargers when don't even know what city they will be playing in next year?

Easy 6
01-03-2017, 04:07 PM
I'm not too sure about that. There are Raiders fans everywhere. The team will have a unique ability to draw opposing fans too. It isn't like the Black Hole sells out all the time.

Plus flights from Oakland to Vegas are like 60 bucks. Sure some of their crazy season ticket holders won't be able to do what they do now but I'm not sure as an organization you really don't want to move on from that Gwar nonsense.

Well, guess I wouldnt argue too hard against what you're saying here

However, doesnt it seem like the massive tourist population of Vegas will kind of dilute the crowds quite a bit, meaning "homefield advantage" wouldnt be as strong?

+1 for the "Gwar nonsense" though, lol

I highly, highly doubt they move to L.A.

They've done a great job of destroying their fan base here in SD by dragging this out. They went scorched earth policy last season and had a scumbag lawyer as their voice to the public to try to strong arm San Diego into a stadium. That resulted in a fan base that absolutely despises ownership.

After they were denied the Carson project, they changed their tune and tried to be all nice and "open". No one gave a shit. Damage was done. 43% of the voting base voted yes to their stadium initiative.

Couple that with with multiple losing seasons and a loss to the Browns?

Pffff AND a finicky as **** SoCal market?

They'll have no fan base in LA. No support. Moving to LA would be the biggest embarrassment the NFL has ever endured.

Judging by the crowd out there sunday, you're absolutely right... the fans just dont give a damn at this point

I remarked in the game thread how pathetic that crowd was, quite possibly the worst I've ever seen for a regular season game... and 80% of those who DID show up were wearing red

Thats a serious embarrassment

DaneMcCloud
01-03-2017, 04:09 PM
If the NFL offers to loan the money at the same 'bank rates' that any kind of investor would get, they'll turn it down and they'll continue to play in a dilapidated eyesore. And after not too terribly long, the maintenance costs of said eyesore (and plummeting revenues) will make staying there cost prohibitive.

So they can either go !@#$ing bankrupt or they can sell. I suspect they'd take the latter at that point.

It is not the NFL's job to ensure that the Spanos family can keep their team. Fuck 'em. Cut 'em loose and sooner or later, if they're as leveraged in the Chargers as you say they are, they'll have no choice but to bow out. It's happened to better, smarter owners than Dean Spanos.

I've said for a good while now that the Spanos family and Mark Davis should sell 49% of their franchises and build new facilities with that sale and their new partners.

But both are dumb as fuck.

What good is owning a billion dollar + franchise when they don't have a professional facility in which to play? Having that equity means nothing.

DaneMcCloud
01-03-2017, 04:12 PM
I remarked in the game thread how pathetic that crowd was, quite possibly the worst I've ever seen for a regular season game... and 80% of those who DID show up were wearing red

Thats a serious embarrassment

I've attended about a dozen Chiefs games in San Diego since moving to Los Angeles 24 years ago and I can't recall a game in which Chiefs fans didn't outnumber Chargers fans.

It's way worse when the Raiders visit, probably 75/25.

DJ's left nut
01-03-2017, 04:21 PM
I've said for a good while now that the Spanos family and Mark Davis should sell 49% of their franchises and build new facilities with that sale and their new partners.

But both are dumb as fuck.

What good is owning a billion dollar + franchise when they don't have a professional facility in which to play? Having that equity means nothing.

You wonder how long it would take them to do so once the free money well dried up, though.

If there's even a 20% chance that somebody will give them hundreds of millions of dollars just free of charge, why the hell would they sell?

As with most things, it's the limp-wristed dipshittery of Rodger Goodell that has served to exacerbate this problem.

Easy 6
01-03-2017, 04:31 PM
I've attended about a dozen Chiefs games in San Diego since moving to Los Angeles 24 years ago and I can't recall a game in which Chiefs fans didn't outnumber Chargers fans.

It's way worse when the Raiders visit, probably 75/25.

So is the primary problem fan apathy and not the Spanos family?

They've had some very exciting teams worth watching out there over the years

DaneMcCloud
01-03-2017, 04:42 PM

I've never lived in San Diego, so I'm probably the wrong person to comment. But here in Los Angeles, there are soooooo many East Coast transplants (especially New York and Philly) that the same issue exists with the Rams currently as the Chargers: Half or more of the people in attendance are rooting for the opposing team.

I would assume that the massive proliferation of online ticket brokers is part of the reason why these stadiums are half filled with opposing fans but that's just likely part of the problem.

DaneMcCloud
01-03-2017, 04:45 PM
As with most things, it's the limp-wristed dipshittery of Rodger Goodell that has served to exacerbate this problem.

Goodell has made it a point to have the NFL return to Los Angeles, the 2nd largest media market in the country, if for no other reason than to charge even more money to the networks for broadcasting rights.

Ironically, NFL viewing was down in LA's return, which throws a wrench in his plans.

It's never about football, the fans or the municipality's in Goodell's NFL.

It's about more money and more profit.

GoChargers
01-03-2017, 06:19 PM
Why would anyone want to coach the Chargers when don't even know what city they will be playing in next year?

Meh. Not knowing whether you're going to get to live in San Diego or LA doesn't sound like such a bad dillemma to me.

Rain Man
01-03-2017, 06:21 PM
Why are teams allowed to pester and distract coaches during the playoffs? This is really annoying.

GoChargers
01-03-2017, 06:22 PM

It's not apathy, it's pure disgust at what that family of inbreds has done to our football team.

San Diego isn't Green Bay, Foxboro or Cleveland. There's always other things to do on Sundays during football season. The truth is, you can't treat the fans like shit, field a garbage product, and then still expect to sell out.

Hog's Gone Fishin
01-03-2017, 06:26 PM
Surely Toub will be smart enough to turn that shithole down. I mean Marty schottenheimer was fired after a 13-3 season. Eli Manning was smart enough to say no and look how successfull Phillip rivers has been and he's a HOF Qb.

jspchief
01-03-2017, 06:27 PM
Why?

Cities are getting tired of public welfare for billionaires. The citizens of San Diego have no interest in paying for a new stadium for the Chargers (nor should they) and Spanos clearly has no interest in buying his own.

Once cities got wise to the fact that the 'economic boon' argument is bullshit, owners were left with holding their cities hostage. San Diego has pretty much told the Chargers good luck and god speed. What should the NFL do to fix that? Force SD to pay for it? Force Spanos to pay for it? Have the other owners pay for it so they can pass those expenses on to their own fans?

Spanos has made his own bed by gambling with the fans and having them call his bluff. He wanted a shiny new toy, they wouldn't give it to him and now he's torched a ton of good will with the fanbase. This is his problem now and he'll just have to deal with it.
The owners group needs to start setting money aside for stadiums. They can share profits, they should also share overhead. The public is more aware than ever of how their tax dollars are spent and how much money is in the NFL.

DaneMcCloud
01-03-2017, 06:30 PM
San Diego is also interviewing Teryl Austin, Mike Smith, Sean McDermmot, Doug Marrone and others.

Easy 6
01-03-2017, 06:32 PM
It's not apathy, it's pure disgust at what that family of inbreds has done to our football team.

San Diego isn't Green Bay, Foxboro or Cleveland. There's always other things to do on Sundays during football season. The truth is, you can't treat the fans like shit, field a garbage product, and then still expect to sell out.

I get what you're saying as it pertains to the last 2-3 years of futility

But like Dane was saying, even back when you guys had some red hot teams, legit media darlings... there were always a ton of opposing fans and/or empty seats

And its not that I'm trying to make excuses for the Spanos family or anything like, just trying to understand all sides of this deal

I sincerely hate Hate HATE seeing teams ripped away from their cities, I HATED it when the Rams moved and I'll even feel bad for Oakland fans if they move... but its also a business, and if the locals wont show up regularly, well... just trying to understand all sides here

threebag
01-03-2017, 06:32 PM

You jump with both feet

GoChargers
01-03-2017, 06:35 PM
I get what you're saying as it pertains to the last 2-3 years of futility

But like Dane was saying, even back when you guys had some red hot teams, legit media darlings... there were always a ton of opposing fans and/or empty seats

And its not that I'm trying to make excuses for the Spanos family or anything like, just trying to understand all sides of this deal

I sincerely hate Hate HATE seeing teams ripped away from their cities, I HATED it when the Rams moved and I'll even feel bad for Oakland fans if they move... but its also a business, and if the locals wont show up regularly, well... just trying to understand all sides here

That's false. The fans showed up until recently.

http://imgur.com/a/ISUEi

Easy 6
01-03-2017, 06:51 PM

Great shots from better days for you guys

I'm not going to argue too hard about it because I genuinely feel for ya, if the NFL has any sense left in its CTE addled brains... they'll figure out a way to keep the teams where they are

San Diego Super Chargers in Los Angeles?

The storied Oakland Raiders and their Autumn Wind in Las Vegas?

I just dont like it at all, Roger Goodell continues to shit in his mess kit... killing the goose that laid the Golden Egg

Rain Man
01-03-2017, 06:52 PM
Surely Toub will be smart enough to turn that shithole down. I mean Marty schottenheimer was fired after a 13-3 season. Eli Manning was smart enough to say no and look how successfull Phillip rivers has been and he's a HOF Qb.

That's completely untrue. It was a 14-2 season.

GoChargers
01-03-2017, 07:09 PM
That's completely untrue. It was a 14-2 season.

What actually got him fired was constantly bickering with AJ, almost getting Brees killed in a meaningless game in 2005, and then trying to hire his brother against the franchise's wishes in 2006. Wins and losses didn't factor in, as they never do with Dean.

DaneMcCloud
01-03-2017, 07:31 PM

Bullshit.

I was there from 2002-2007 and Chiefs fans made up at least 40% of the fans.

Hell, there was more than that in 2001, when Warren Moon's poor performance led to the Chargers only win that season.

1-15.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
01-03-2017, 07:32 PM
Why are teams allowed to pester and distract coaches during the playoffs? This is really annoying.

My exact thoughts

DaneMcCloud
01-03-2017, 07:33 PM
What actually got him fired was constantly bickering with AJ, almost getting Brees killed in a meaningless game in 2005, and then trying to hire his brother against the franchise's wishes in 2006. Wins and losses didn't factor in, as they never do with Dean.

Spanos is a fucking idiot and choose the worthless GM over a coach who's record they haven't matched in more than a decade.

Dean Spanos released a statement saying "Our fans deserve to know what changed for me over the last month. When I decided to move ahead with Marty Schottenheimer in mid-January, I did so with the expectation that the core of his fine coaching staff would remain intact.

Unfortunately, that did not prove to be the case, and the process of dealing with these coaching changes convinced me that we simply could not move forward with such dysfunction between our head coach and general manager.

In short, this entire process over the last month convinced me beyond any doubt that I had to act to change this untenable situation and create an environment where everyone at Charger Park would be pulling in the same direction and working at a championship level. I expect exactly that from our entire Charger organization in 2007.

LMAO

What a turd of an owner. There's no wonder why the citizens of San Diego have repeatedly voted and been against funding a new stadium for those buttholes.

TribalElder
01-03-2017, 07:34 PM

It really is a shitty thing.

"Hey we suck, come work for us, do you like money?"

At least the bye week teams aren't completely hosed

Quesadilla Joe
01-03-2017, 08:05 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Broncos received permission from Chiefs to interview special teams boss Dave Toub. Expected to interview him in KC later this week. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/9sports?src=hash">#9sports</a></p>&mdash; Mike Klis (@MikeKlis) <a href="https://twitter.com/MikeKlis/status/816464368111992832">January 4, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Titty Meat
01-03-2017, 08:29 PM

ROFL

Titty Meat
01-03-2017, 08:31 PM
Spanos is a ****ing idiot and choose the worthless GM over a coach who's record they haven't matched in more than a decade.

Dean Spanos released a statement saying "Our fans deserve to know what changed for me over the last month. When I decided to move ahead with Marty Schottenheimer in mid-January, I did so with the expectation that the core of his fine coaching staff would remain intact.

Unfortunately, that did not prove to be the case, and the process of dealing with these coaching changes convinced me that we simply could not move forward with such dysfunction between our head coach and general manager.

In short, this entire process over the last month convinced me beyond any doubt that I had to act to change this untenable situation and create an environment where everyone at Charger Park would be pulling in the same direction and working at a championship level. I expect exactly that from our entire Charger organization in 2007.

LMAO

What a turd of an owner. There's no wonder why the citizens of San Diego have repeatedly voted and been against funding a new stadium for those buttholes.

I forget the story but didn't Marty's firing have to do with hiring his brother or something?

Deberg_1990
01-03-2017, 08:42 PM
What's funny about Marty is he's always criticized for never developing a young QB in KC, yet he developed Kosar, Bree's and Rivers

DaneMcCloud
01-03-2017, 08:46 PM
I forget the story but didn't Marty's firing have to do with hiring his brother or something?

Brian Schottenheimer was already on staff as the QB's coach but Marty wanted to bring in Kurt as his defensive coordinator after Wade Phillips left for Dallas.

That 2006 team had 11 Pro Bowlers and a 14-2 record.

I'm sure Spanos and AJ were happy they fired Marty and the remaining staff.

HemiEd
01-03-2017, 08:57 PM

I remember that mutiny like it was yesterday.

DaneMcCloud
01-03-2017, 09:00 PM
I remember that mutiny like it was yesterday.

Led by the one and only Nick Lowery (whom Marty hated with a passion).

O.city
01-03-2017, 09:01 PM
Brian Schottenheimer was already on staff as the QB's coach but Marty wanted to bring in Kurt as his defensive coordinator after Wade Phillips left for Dallas.

That 2006 team had 11 Pro Bowlers and a 14-2 record.

I'm sure Spanos and AJ were happy they fired Marty and the remaining staff.

That 06 charger team was one of the better teams I remember overall.

DaneMcCloud
01-03-2017, 09:02 PM

I just can't believe the owner and GM decided to gut the whole thing.

Hell, they didn't even get anything for Drew Brees, which was a major mistake.

Easy 6
01-03-2017, 09:07 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Broncos received permission from Chiefs to interview special teams boss Dave Toub. Expected to interview him in KC later this week. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/9sports?src=hash">#9sports</a></p>&mdash; Mike Klis (@MikeKlis) <a href="https://twitter.com/MikeKlis/status/816464368111992832">January 4, 2017</a></blockquote>

LOL, Toub isnt sexy enough for Smellways ego... he just wants to glean whatever competitive advantage he can by picking the mans brain

I bet Dave tells you to go **** your mother

Kiimo
01-04-2017, 02:19 PM

That team made me question my loyalty. I remember drinking an adult beverage at Ocean Beach on a Sunday and the Chiefs were dogshit at the time and there was this amazing Charger team, looking like everything we ever wanted the Chiefs to be, coached by Marty with Brees Tomlinson and Gates just running over people and a great defense to go along with it.

They would bust out the powder blues and whites, still to this day the best looking uniforms I think I've seen in the NFL.

It was tough not to root for them. Then the Spanos family said well this is far too fun let's shit on the whole thing.

That being said, Kurt Schottenheimer was a terrible coach.

edit: I said Brees but maybe that was Rivers by then.

BossChief
01-04-2017, 02:23 PM
Trojan horse to an afcw team?

Lol

Reerun_KC
01-04-2017, 02:26 PM
That 06 Chargers team flamed out in classic Coach not to be mentioned fashion...

Was an awesome day watching coach not to be mentioned crush the souls of the SD fanbase...

ModSocks
01-04-2017, 02:32 PM
I just can't believe the owner and GM decided to gut the whole thing.

Hell, they didn't even get anything for Drew Brees, which was a major mistake.

hindsight and all that....

Brees was average at best during his Chargers tenure. He didn't have a decent season until after they had already drafted Rivers. Brees also was recovering from a (shoulder, elbow?) injury when his contract expired.

IIRC, there wasn't much of a market for him at all. He was mostly talking with Miami, working on a 1-2 year deal until New Orleans came and swept him up.

People like to think highly of Brees, but in SD, he wasn't very good. By the time he started showing signs of life it was already too late.

ModSocks
01-04-2017, 02:37 PM
Fact is, Brees was complete ass until the Chargers drafted Rivers. Rivers was only drafted because Brees was pure ass.

It wasn't until then did Brees start playing at an NFL starter level, but it was already too late. Chargers didn't spend their top draft pick on a premier signal caller just to sit on the bench.

Brees made a big ol' stink about it. Drafting Rivers lit a fire under his ass.

DaneMcCloud
01-04-2017, 02:41 PM
People like to think highly of Brees, but in SD, he wasn't very good. By the time he started showing signs of life it was already too late.

He threw for 6,500 yards, 51 TD's and 22 INT's in the two winning seasons before he was outright released, at age 26.

How in the mother of fuck does a team just release a guy with those stats?

If this doesn't illustrate that NFL franchises just luck into Franchise QB's most of the time, nothing will.

Quesadilla Joe
01-04-2017, 02:41 PM
LOL, Toub isnt sexy enough for Smellways ego... he just wants to glean whatever competitive advantage he can by picking the mans brain

I bet Dave tells you to go **** your mother

Elway could offer him a title of Assistant HC and pay him significantly more than KC will.

DJ's left nut
01-04-2017, 02:45 PM
He threw for 6,500 yards, 51 TD's and 22 INT's in the two winning seasons before he was outright released, at age 26.

How in the mother of fuck does a team just release a guy with those stats?

If this doesn't illustrate that NFL franchises just luck into Franchise QB's most of the time, nothing will.

By the same token, when you have a 36 yr old Trent Green under center, how do you not kick the tires on Brees after the growth you got a front-row seat to witness?

Trent had a nice season in 2005, but Vermiel was stepping down and the writing was on the wall.

Some teams get lucky because they tried. Other teams...well they end up starting Damon Huard, Brody Croyle, Tyler Thigpen, Brady Quinn and Matt Cassel because they really aren't trying.

The Chiefs deserve almost as much scorn for missing on Brees as the Chargers do for letting him go.

DJ's left nut
01-04-2017, 02:50 PM
Jesus - there have been four 5,000 yard passing seasons in NFL history by people note named Drew Brees.

Drew Brees has averaged 4,991 yards/season for the last NINE SEASONS.

As good as people recognize Drew Brees to be, he's still somehow underrated.

DaneMcCloud
01-04-2017, 03:04 PM
The Chiefs deserve almost as much scorn for missing on Brees as the Chargers do for letting him go.

Absolutely and worst part is, they missed on Brees not once, but twice.

But back to the Chargers: Just how poorly have they been run in like, forever?

They let a guy that averaged 25 TD's, 11 INT's in two previous seasons walk.

Walk. Zero compensation.

Hell, BB is asking a 1st and a 4th for a guy that's thrown 94 passes for 690 yards and 5 TD's! The Chargers should have allowed Brees to have surgery and showcase him in the 2006 preseason. He could have easily netted them a 2nd round pick, if not a 1st round pick.

They follow that up with firing their head coach, who set a franchise record wins with 14.

And these are the same morons that can't figure out why the citizens of San Diego won't cough up a $1.4 billion dollar downtown stadium.

ChiefsCountry
01-04-2017, 03:07 PM
It's even more sad that the Chiefs had Brees ready as their pick they used to trade for Trent Green.

GoChargers
01-04-2017, 06:36 PM
It's absolutely retarded to bash the Chargers for "letting" Brees walk. He fucked up his shoulder so badly in 2005 that it was questionable whether he'd ever play football again. The Chargers, Dolphins and Saints were the only teams that even offered him a contract. He chose the Saints because they guaranteed him the starting job and the other teams wouldn't. Not an unreasonable decision by the Chargers with the information they had at the time, since we had Rivers waiting in the wings.

There are plenty of reasons to criticize the Chargers' front office, but harping on Brees is basically criticizing them for not having a crystal ball and being able to predict the future.

DaneMcCloud
01-04-2017, 07:35 PM
It's absolutely retarded to bash the Chargers for "letting" Brees walk. He fucked up his shoulder so badly in 2005 that it was questionable whether he'd ever play football again. The Chargers, Dolphins and Saints were the only teams that even offered him a contract. He chose the Saints because they guaranteed him the starting job and the other teams wouldn't. Not an unreasonable decision by the Chargers with the information they had at the time, since we had Rivers waiting in the wings.

There are plenty of reasons to criticize the Chargers' front office, but harping on Brees is basically criticizing them for not having a crystal ball and being able to predict the future.
Dumb.

Just like your owner.

GoChargers
01-04-2017, 07:53 PM
Dumb.

Just like your owner.

Replacing who was then a solid but seriously injured quarterback with an elite franchise QB wasn't dumb.

Trading for other teams' scrub backup quarterbacks for decades instead of drafting your own? Now that's dumb.

kcpasco
01-04-2017, 08:07 PM
Replacing who was then a solid but seriously injured quarterback with an elite franchise QB wasn't dumb.

Trading for other teams' scrub backup quarterbacks for decades instead of drafting your own? Now that's dumb.

Salty

DaneMcCloud
01-04-2017, 08:24 PM

Solid? Teams would give up two #1's for a 26 year old QB with his numbers.

Again, the Spanos family fucked up.

Quesadilla Joe
01-06-2017, 09:14 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">As Broncos meet with Dave Toub today, here&#39;s hoping they keep open mind. Toub comes highly recommended by Clark Hunt, Andy Reid. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/9sports?src=hash">#9sports</a></p>&mdash; Mike Klis (@MikeKlis) <a href="https://twitter.com/MikeKlis/status/817384596174082049">January 6, 2017</a></blockquote>

TEX
01-06-2017, 09:51 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">As Broncos meet with Dave Toub today, here&#39;s hoping they keep open mind. Toub comes highly recommended by Clark Hunt, Andy Reid. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/9sports?src=hash">#9sports</a></p>&mdash; Mike Klis (@MikeKlis) <a href="https://twitter.com/MikeKlis/status/817384596174082049">January 6, 2017</a></blockquote>

A mole, to bring what remains standing of the Cheating Donx House of cards, tumbling down.

:)

NJChiefsFan
01-06-2017, 10:05 AM
A mole, to bring what remains standing of the Cheating Donx House of cards, tumbling down.

A Toubjan Horse...

Chiefnj2
01-06-2017, 10:10 AM
I hate assistants interviewing this week. You know they are focusing on the interview and trying to assemble a staff rather than focus on the game.

Shaid
01-06-2017, 10:30 AM
I hate assistants interviewing this week. You know they are focusing on the interview and trying to assemble a staff rather than focus on the game.

It's a Special Team coach so it's not as bad but in general I agree with you. It would be nice if they could freeze the interviewing process until after the SuperBowl but I get that teams want to compile their staff as soon as possible, lots of stuff to get prepped for.

RealSNR
01-06-2017, 10:37 AM

Knowmo, are you getting excited about this potential hire? You should be. He's a fantastic coach.

And if the Chiefs can do anything else for you, just ask nicely. Our assistant coaches are your head coaches

RealSNR
01-06-2017, 10:40 AM

The NFL should just let the assistants and coordinators just go to their new teams and rip the band-aid off. I'm sick of this "Weis is still our OC, but he doesn't really give a shit" or "Doug Pederson wasn't really doing everything because he was focused on the Philly job." Just let them go and give the duties to the assistants on the staff.

Quesadilla Joe
01-06-2017, 10:41 AM
Knowmo, are you getting excited about this potential hire? You should be. He's a fantastic coach.

And if the Chiefs can do anything else for you, just ask nicely. Our assistant coaches are your head coaches

I don't want Toub as HC, I want Elway to give him some phony title and a pay increase so he can be our ST Coordinator.

The Franchise
01-06-2017, 10:43 AM
I don't want Toub as HC, I want Elway to give him some phony title and a pay increase so he can be our ST Coordinator.

Yeah....because THAT is going to happen.

The Franchise
01-06-2017, 10:44 AM
If anything...I'd like to see us slap an ASST HC title on Toub. I don't think we have one right now....at least one that I could find.

RealSNR
01-06-2017, 10:46 AM

Toub is under contract. Unless he gets your HC gig, it's not a promotion in the eyes of Goodell.

Keep wishing, ass brain.

RealSNR
01-06-2017, 10:47 AM
If anything...I'd like to see us slap an ASST HC title on Toub. I don't think we have one right now....at least one that I could find.
I thought Bienemy was our assistant HC?

The Franchise
01-06-2017, 10:50 AM

Shit...it's actually David Culley.

Quesadilla Joe
01-06-2017, 10:50 AM
Toub is under contract. Unless he gets your HC gig, it's not a promotion in the eyes of Goodell.

Keep wishing, ass brain.

If Denver is willing to pay Toub more it would be pretty classless of KC to not allow him to seek better employment opportunities. Toub won't be under contract forever, hell, his contract could expire after this season for all we know.

Chiefnj2
01-06-2017, 10:51 AM
The NFL should just let the assistants and coordinators just go to their new teams and rip the band-aid off. I'm sick of this "Weis is still our OC, but he doesn't really give a shit" or "Doug Pederson wasn't really doing everything because he was focused on the Philly job." Just let them go and give the duties to the assistants on the staff.

That's what Saban did.

DJ's left nut
Yeah....because THAT is going to happen.

He's been coaching with Andy since the mid 80s at fucking UTEP and Clark Hunt has shown a willingness to pay his staff as well as any coaching staff in football.

But yeah, Elways just gonna get him to take a lateral move to join a new coach in Denver.

Goddamn idiot.

RunKC
Vance Joseph is Elway's leading candidate per Alex Marvez. The DC whose defense is 18th in points allowed and 29th in yards given up.
The best part is if he gets hired he'll want to get rid of Wade.

Make it happen Horseface!

DJ's left nut
01-06-2017, 10:53 AM

I completely forgot that Bienemy was the RB for the Colorado '5th Down' team against Mizzou. Reid was OL coach at Mizzou at the time.

There had to be some pretty damn funny conversations about that at some point, didn't there?

ptlyon
01-06-2017, 10:53 AM
Who knows? Maybe he's just flying out there to flip him off in person? I would.

The Franchise
01-06-2017, 10:55 AM
Vance Joseph is Elway's leading candidate per Alex Marvez. The DC whose defense is 18th in points allowed and 29th in yards given up.
The best part is if he gets hired he'll want to get rid of Wade.

Make it happen Horseface!

It's either going to be Joseph or Kyle S.

The Franchise
01-06-2017, 10:56 AM
If Denver is willing to pay Toub more it would be pretty classless of KC to not allow him seek better employment opportunities. Toub won't be under contract forever, hell, his contract could expire after this season for all we know.

ROFL A Broncos fan talking about class.

RealSNR
01-06-2017, 10:57 AM
If Denver is willing to pay Toub more it would be pretty classless of KC to not allow him seek better employment opportunities. Toub won't be under contract forever, hell, his contract could expire after this season for all we know.
You're completely ignoring that the NFL has a RULE.

If an assistant coach is under contract, they may NOT hop to another team UNLESS it's a promotion.

You are offering a phony title as a promotion. In the NFL, you can only count promotions as transitioning between position coach -> coordinator OR coordinator -> head coach.

The Chiefs would have to FIRE Toub in order for you to get him at this point. You're just as likely to find your next special teams coordinator on the fucking moon as you are in Kansas City.

Quesadilla Joe
01-06-2017, 11:01 AM
But yeah, Elways just gonna get him to take a lateral move to join a new coach in Denver.

Elway got Emmanuel Sanders to do it, why not Toub too?

DJ's left nut
01-06-2017, 11:02 AM

You're Clay, aren't you?

Nobody is actively this stupid.

RealSNR
01-06-2017, 11:03 AM

Playing dumb is like the ****ing pick-and-roll of the troll playbook.

Please try something interesting we haven't seen before next time.

The Franchise
01-06-2017, 11:03 AM

Because it's NOT POSSIBLE. He's not a FA like Sanders was.

stevieray
01-06-2017, 11:04 AM

me too...and I mentioned it earlier.

I'm kind of disappointed he even went to Denver to interview.

ModSocks
01-06-2017, 11:06 AM
Imma be pissed if we lose Toub. But if Toub goes to Denver, we're gonna own their bitch asses for years to come.

RealSNR
01-06-2017, 11:10 AM
me too...and I mentioned it earlier.

I'm kind of disappointed he even went to Denver to interview.

Technically he's being interviewed by Denver in Kansas City

Quesadilla Joe
01-06-2017, 11:10 AM
You're completely ignoring that the NFL has a RULE.

If an assistant coach is under contract, they may NOT hop to another team UNLESS it's a promotion.

Actually, unless the promotion is for HC, a team isn't obligated to release you from your contract. In 2015 Elway tried to promote Vance Joseph from secondary coach to DC, but Cincinatti wouldn't let him out of his contract.

If KC were to grant Toub permission he could become Denver's ST Coordinator.

DaneMcCloud
01-06-2017, 11:11 AM
Actually, unless the promotion is for HC, a team isn't obligated to release you from your contract. In 2015 Elway tried to promote Vance Joseph from secondary coach to DC, but Cincinatti wouldn't let him out of his contract.

LMAO

The Franchise
01-06-2017, 11:14 AM

And why would we grant a lateral move for a coach that has made our STs top 5 in the league?

stevieray
01-06-2017, 11:19 AM
Technically he's being interviewed by Denver in Kansas City

ah, thanks!

a little worried..,,Toub and Reid go way back..I hope he doesn't do this.

The Franchise
01-06-2017, 11:20 AM
If Elway was smart.....he'd bring in Kyle Shanahan and keep Wade at DC. You get continuity with the defense....and you bring in a smart, young mind to fix the offense. Not sure how Kyle would interact with those dipshits on the defense though. I have a hard time believing that they'd respect a young HC like him. Especially fucking idiots like Miller and Talib.

Quesadilla Joe
01-06-2017, 11:21 AM
And why would we grant a lateral move for a coach that has made our STs top 5 in the league?

If Toub genuinely wanted to go to Denver, the classy thing to do would be to grant him his wish. Especially if KC is unwilling to pay Toub the same amount that Denver is. If they don't, they'd be stuck with a disgruntled employee who is just going to leave when his contract expires anyways.

The Browns let Kyle Shanahan out of his contract so that he could go to Atlanta. Are you saying the Browns are classier than KC???

The Franchise
01-06-2017, 11:24 AM
If Toub genuinely wanted to go to Denver, the classy thing to do would be to grant him his wish. Especially if KC is unwilling to pay Toub the same amount that Denver is. If they don't, they'd be stuck with a disgruntled employee who is just going to leave when his contract expires anyways.

The Browns let Kyle Shanahan out of his contract so that he could go to Atlanta. Are you saying the Browns are classier than KC???

Shanahan resigned. Let me know when Toub does that.

Also....where has Toub ever stated that his dream is to work with the Broncos?

Quesadilla Joe
01-06-2017, 11:30 AM
Shanahan resigned. Let me know when Toub does that.

Also....where has Toub ever stated that his dream is to work with the Broncos?

He hasn't as far is I know. But a few hours with John Elway can change a lot of things, ask Peyton Manning.

RealSNR
01-06-2017, 11:52 AM
He hasn't as far is I know. But a few hours with John Elway can change a lot of things, ask Peyton Manning.

Not falling for your troll gag, asswipe.

Dartgod
01-06-2017, 11:54 AM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/waf46eBajkw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

RunKC
01-06-2017, 11:56 AM
Toub would never go to Denver in a lateral move. Andy Reid is a very close friend to Toub and he would never do that to him. Toub also has it really good here with Tyreek Hill and a great organization.

Knowmo gonna homer

RealSNR
01-06-2017, 12:04 PM
Toub would never go to Denver in a lateral move. Andy Reid is a very close friend to Toub and he would never do that to him. Toub also has it really good here with Tyreek Hill and a great organization.

Knowmo gonna homer

And since when does that shit happen EVER in the NFL, where a team goes scrounging for assistant coaches on other team's staff, asking them to make lateral moves, expecting the head coach, GM, and owner to say, "Yeah, go ahead. Take him."

And if it came to that point, and IF it were all about money with the coach, why wouldn't the team the coach is on just match him on that contract?

Christ, this is idiotic.

Knowmo, you're going to hire Dave Toub as your head coach. Learn to fucking love it, asshole.

New World Order
01-06-2017, 12:48 PM

I'm sure Toub is dying to work with Jordan Norwood LMAO

Hog's Gone Fishin
01-06-2017, 02:07 PM
Yes, I was going to mention that Tyreek gives Toub a huge reason to stay all in itself.

Kiimo
01-06-2017, 02:17 PM

Hahahahahaha

What the shit are you talking about, classy. First of all the Browns doing anything should never be a model for the NFL or basically any walk of life.

Second of all, classy? To let our star ST coach move to our biggest rival and coach their special teams instead?

Third, stop smoking crack like just in general.

RealSNR
01-06-2017, 02:23 PM
Manning was the draw to Denver, not Horse Face. He's nothing more than a rat fuck asshole in a suit, like all GMs. That's hardly a reason to join a team, much less split with the one you've got

Mr. Laz
01-06-2017, 03:38 PM
Toub has Colquitt,Hill and apparently Eric Murray already.

Santos is decent as well

Dorsey is consistently bringing in talent that spills over into ST as well.

KC is about as low pressure as the NFL gets.

Toub won't leave unless it's a real promotion and/or real serious raise.

WhawhaWhat
01-06-2017, 03:43 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Just wrapped up our interview with Dave Toub in KC. He&#39;s a great coach &amp; person who has a very impressive track record with special teams.</p>&mdash; John Elway (@johnelway) <a href="https://twitter.com/johnelway/status/817485847092150274">January 6, 2017</a></blockquote>

ModSocks
01-06-2017, 03:45 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Just wrapped up our interview with Dave Toub in KC. He&#39;s a great coach &amp; person who has a very impressive track record with special teams.</p>&mdash; John Elway (@johnelway) <a href="https://twitter.com/johnelway/status/817485847092150274">January 6, 2017</a></blockquote>

Fuck off, Horse Face.

Quit trying to poach from a superior organization.

JakeLV
01-06-2017, 03:48 PM
If Denver is willing to pay Toub more it would be pretty classless of KC to not allow him to seek better employment opportunities. Toub won't be under contract forever, hell, his contract could expire after this season for all we know.

Extend your logic to elsewhere.

If somebody wanted to pay Andy more to leave, would KC be classless to not let him go?

Is that how things work in the NFL?

stumppy
01-06-2017, 03:53 PM

ROFL

RealSNR
01-06-2017, 07:50 PM
Kansas City should extend a higher paying offer to John Elway to have him clean the toilets closest to Andy Reid's office.

If Denver doesn't let him do it, they're a classless organization

Direckshun
01-06-2017, 10:19 PM
Stay classy Kansas City!

vailpass
01-06-2017, 10:47 PM

That sounds like a thanks but no thanks.

Coochie liquor
01-07-2017, 04:41 AM

I hope that's what it is!!

Coochie liquor
01-07-2017, 08:09 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Just wrapped up our interview with Dave Toub in KC. He&#39;s a great coach & person who has a very impressive track record with special teams.</p>— John Elway (@johnelway) <a href="https://twitter.com/johnelway/status/817485847092150274">January 6, 2017</a></blockquote>

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170107/9398b853f33ff1a219e15d71b14a815b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rabblerouser
01-07-2017, 08:15 AM

ROFL awesome

TEX
01-07-2017, 11:04 AM

ROFL

Shaid
01-07-2017, 01:01 PM

My thought as well.