PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Who would you most like to face in the Super Bowl if the Chiefs make it?

pugsnotdrugs19
01-03-2017, 03:29 PM
Interesting thought that has bounced around in my head lately. I know, I know, we have a long way to go before we get that far in the playoffs, but if the Chiefs can win the AFC, who do you hope to face in SB51?

I left the Lions off because they are the easy choice and have little to no chance.

I think we could beat any of them, and any of them could beat us. But if I was to rank them....

1. Falcons -- Already beat them on the road in some pretty tough circumstances. Think we could definitely do it again. Their defense would probably struggle against our O, as they did when we didn't have Maclin.
2. Seahawks -- Probably can't see this one happening but without Earl Thomas their defense isn't the same. Offensively, they are the worst of the bunch and their OL would struggle against KC.
3. Giants -- Don't see them making it, but if they did, we have every reason to believe Eli will win.
4. Cowboys -- If they make it that far, its for good reason and likely means their run game can't be stopped. Rookies in the big game give some hope.
5. Packers -- Again, if they are in it, it means Rodgers hasn't cooled off. Not ideal.

jjchieffan
01-03-2017, 03:32 PM
Packers nave always been my favorite NFC team and 2nd favorite team overall. They are always my pick for the NFC.

Molitoth
01-03-2017, 03:32 PM
Giants. I think Eli would be the QB that is most prone to throwing INT's.

eDave
01-03-2017, 03:33 PM
Any of them.

ptlyon
01-03-2017, 03:33 PM
Not happening. The NFL wants a Dallas/Pittsburgh SB.

eDave
01-03-2017, 03:34 PM

Or have his big fucking post-Paytone SB story.

jjchieffan
01-03-2017, 03:34 PM
I really don't want the Cowboys to even make the Superbowl, but if it was us against them and we whooped that Cowgirl ass, it sure would be sweet to shut up some arrogant Cowbitch fans.

ptlyon
01-03-2017, 03:36 PM
Or have his big ****ing post-Paytone SB story.

Never thought of that angle. That would make the old man happy before he kicks the bucket.

TripleThreat
01-03-2017, 03:37 PM
I picked the packers simply because itd be a great story line, and to see our boy at QB beat his nemesis from his draft day, that has obviously out shined him during their careers.

Chief_For_Life58
01-03-2017, 03:37 PM
Id like to play the cowboys. I think that would be the coolest matchup. Lamar would be excited.

Chief_For_Life58
01-03-2017, 03:38 PM
I picked the packers simply because itd be a great story line, and to see our boy at QB beat his nemesis from his draft day, that has obviously out shined him during their careers.

oh yeah thatd be a good story line too

rico
01-03-2017, 03:38 PM
A Rodgers vs. Smith (same draft, Rodgers dropped, Smith selected #1 overall) SB would be a cool storyline...that and I have a lot of Packer fan friends.

I also work with a couple of Falcon fans...first Falcon fans I've ever met.

rico
01-03-2017, 03:39 PM
Haha I see the Packers storyline has already been brought up.

DaFace
01-03-2017, 03:39 PM
Not sure I understand the logic of leaving the Lions off. I don't think the Falcons have much of a chance either, but they're still on the list.

Anyway, the Lions are my choice. It'd be great to have both teams exorcise their demons in the same season.

pugsnotdrugs19
01-03-2017, 03:41 PM
Not sure I understand the logic of leaving the Lions off. I don't think the Falcons have much of a chance either, but they're still on the list.

Anyway, the Lions are my choice. It'd be great to have both teams exorcise their demons in the same season.

Many of the talking heads are picking Atlanta to make it. Haven't seen any take Detroit. :shrug:

Could they? Sure, but it would be a complete miracle.

TripleThreat
01-03-2017, 03:43 PM
Many of the talking heads are picking Atlanta to make it. Haven't seen any take Detroit. :shrug:

Could they? Sure, but it would be a complete miracle.

Yeah I didnt get to watch the Detroit vs GB game, only listened to it on the radio, but they didnt sound "that" great while I listened to the game, but hearing and seeing are two completely different things.

chiefzilla1501
01-03-2017, 03:43 PM
Interesting thought that has bounced around in my head lately. I know, I know, we have a long way to go before we get that far in the playoffs, but if the Chiefs can win the AFC, who do you hope to face in SB51?

I left the Lions off because they are the easy choice and have little to no chance.

I think we could beat any of them, and any of them could beat us. But if I was to rank them....

1. Falcons -- Already beat them on the road in some pretty tough circumstances. Think we could definitely do it again. Their defense would probably struggle against our O, as they did when we didn't have Maclin.
2. Seahawks -- Probably can't see this one happening but without Earl Thomas their defense isn't the same. Offensively, they are the worst of the bunch and their OL would struggle against KC.
3. Giants -- Don't see them making it, but if they did, we have every reason to believe Eli will win.
4. Cowboys -- If they make it that far, its for good reason and likely means their run game can't be stopped. Rookies in the big game give some hope.
5. Packers -- Again, if they are in it, it means Rodgers hasn't cooled off. Not ideal.

This would be my rank too but I'd put the Giants on top. I might actually put the cowboys at #5. Even though they have a rookie qb, they are the only team (aside from atlanta) in the NFC playoffs that can run the ball.

TripleThreat
01-03-2017, 03:46 PM
hold up, What about vsing the Giants?

Alex's career in the playoffs
hes lost to NE (cant pick them)
Giants
Indy

.. Indy's out, wouldve prefered to beat their asses down though in the playoffs for payback, so that leaves the Giants. Maybe would be a storyline in the sense that everyone thought whoever won back when SF vs NYG played, that the winner would be SB champ and so it was, when NYG crowned themselves SB winners 2 weeks later. Maybe a grudge match for Alex smith, "The team that took his ring" I dunno, could be another "story-line" but id still prefer us playing GB lol.

New World Order
01-03-2017, 03:46 PM
Seahawks for sure.

jjchieffan
01-03-2017, 03:48 PM

Don't forget the storyline of a rematch of Superbowl I. On January 15th, when the Chiefs play their divisional game, will mark 50 years to the day of Superbowl I

carcosa
01-03-2017, 03:51 PM
We'd literally destroy ANY team!!!!

eDave
01-03-2017, 03:51 PM
Skip Bayless said he wouldn't even go if it was KC/ATL.

Media does not want us. But he KC/GB storyline would be good.

MTG#10
01-03-2017, 03:53 PM
Cowboys because I think they're the most overrated, overhyped team in the league and the worst NFC team left.

wazu
01-03-2017, 03:54 PM
Skip Bayless said he wouldn't even go if it was KC/ATL.

Media does not want us. But he KC/GB storyline would be good.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Funny. Skip Bayless forgot to switch accounts praising himself on a Facebook Live stream <a href="https://t.co/WJ22Neleix">pic.twitter.com/WJ22Neleix</a></p>&mdash; Ollie Connolly (@OllieConnolly) <a href="https://twitter.com/OllieConnolly/status/810684058841845760">December 19, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Rasputin
01-03-2017, 03:54 PM
I thought Cowboys so we can make it "Custard last Stand" reenactment

Seahawks would be good for our history of them in the division before.

I don't really care as long as we win.

Easy 6
01-03-2017, 03:56 PM
Easiest matchup would be the Giants

Toughest matchup would be Dallas, but that win would be sooo satisfying... theres also some cool history there, with KC originally being a Dallas team

Nzoner
01-03-2017, 03:58 PM
Packers because I know a couple of their fans that I'd like to 4321

Of course there's always the chance I get it back at me.

Rain Man
01-03-2017, 03:59 PM
This thread really bothers me from a jinxing perspective.

wazu
01-03-2017, 04:00 PM
This thread really bothers me from a jinxing perspective.

Meh, I've tried reverent humility and it didn't work either.

Chief Pagan
01-03-2017, 04:00 PM
I would most like to beat the Cowboys.

But barring that, I would rather lose to the Packers.

Facing the Giants might be our best hope.

Chiefnj2
01-03-2017, 04:03 PM
Doesn't matter. If they can beat Pitt and then NE on the road, they would have the ability to beat any NFC team.

Coochie liquor
01-03-2017, 04:04 PM
Seattle pisschickens

Rasputin
Easiest matchup would be the Giants

Toughest matchup would be Dallas, but that win would be sooo satisfying... theres also some cool history there, with KC originally being a Dallas team

Cowboys would be most satisfying victory but would also be the worst to lose too because we would never hear the end of it and Cowboy fans are the biggest band waggoneers in the NFL they disappear when they lose but everywhere when they win.

RunKC
I don't want anything to do with the Seahawks, Packers or Giants. The Giants and Seahawks have the best defenses in the playoffs with QB's that have peoven postseason success, and **** facing Rodgers right now bc he's on fire.

Our best matchup would be Atlanta bc their defense is god awful and they are the least balanced team in the NFC, but I think a Packers/Chiefs SB would be awesome bc of 3 things:

1. Alex/Rodgers draft history
2. Reid/Dorsey Packers connections
3. It would be a small market SB that would tell the NFL to **** off

Bwana
01-03-2017, 04:08 PM
The Hags, we seem to have their number.

DJ's left nut
01-03-2017, 04:09 PM
I voted the Cowboys but only because I forgot that EZE would probably rape our face off.

So remembering that, Giants. Eli's an overrated fuckstain and a walking interception. Without a world class running game, he's capable of precisely dick. I wouldn't be a bit worried about the Giants (though I'd be plenty worried about the NFL tilting the field their direction...)

alpha_omega
01-03-2017, 04:10 PM
Cowboys because I think they're the most overrated, overhyped team in the league and the worst NFC team left.

I wouldn't necessarily go that far (to say they are the worst), but for the most part i agree.

UK_Chief
01-03-2017, 04:10 PM
The Browns. Oh wait...

gblowfish
01-03-2017, 04:11 PM
Waaaaay too early to be thinking about this.

Rasputin
01-03-2017, 04:13 PM
I voted the Cowboys but only because I forgot that EZE would probably rape our face off.

So remembering that, Giants. Eli's an overrated fuckstain and a walking interception. Without a world class running game, he's capable of precisely dick. I wouldn't be a bit worried about the Giants (though I'd be plenty worried about the NFL tilting the field their direction...)

Cuz big brother got his it's little brother Manning turn. So it is written in the screenwriters guild for Pro Football.

loochy
01-03-2017, 04:14 PM
http://www.churchplanting.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/cart_before_the_horse-1024x7111.jpg

Easy 6
01-03-2017, 04:20 PM
Cowboys would be most satisfying victory but would also be the worst to lose too because we would never hear the end of it and Cowboy fans are the biggest band waggoneers in the NFL they disappear when they lose but everywhere when they win.

It would be an exciting matchup, we would probably struggle like hell against their line and run game... but we could probably fool Dak into a pick or two

On the other side, I dont have much respect for their defense... we could put in some work on them IMO

KChiefs1
01-03-2017, 04:25 PM
I've always wanted the Chiefs to face off against Dallas or Green Bay in the Super Bowl but I'm old school 60's football too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Easy 6
01-03-2017, 04:36 PM
I've always wanted the Chiefs to face off against Dallas or Green Bay in the Super Bowl but I'm old school 60's football too

Packers would be a great one as well, rich with history and meaning... we could avenge that old Super Bowl loss

ThaVirus
01-03-2017, 04:38 PM

This right here.

They have the strongest defense but don't appear to be the staunchest in the middle which is where we are likely to do the most damage.

ThaVirus
01-03-2017, 04:38 PM
The Lions and Seahawks would also be a good matchup for us, I think.

IowaChiefs83
01-03-2017, 06:40 PM
I want the Chiefs to beat the Steelers, Patriots, and finally the Packers in the SB. That way I can laugh and shake my head while national media still refuses to talk about the Chiefs.

KChiefs1
01-03-2017, 06:47 PM
I want the Chiefs to beat the Steelers, Patriots, and finally the Packers in the SB. That way I can laugh and shake my head while national media still refuses to talk about the Chiefs.

Much like the Royals.

88TG88
01-03-2017, 06:53 PM
Not happening. The NFL wants a Dallas/Pittsburgh SB.

Unfortunately, this is whats going to happen

Rain Man
01-03-2017, 07:14 PM
Meh, I've tried reverent humility and it didn't work either.

Now that you mention it, we probably should do the opposite of everything we've ever done as fans. 40+ years of following the guidelines hasn't worked.

So screw it. Let's talk Super Bowl. On a general basis, I want to see new teams in the Super Bowl and not the same old tired Packers, Patriots, Giants, and Steelers. Yawn.

The AFC side is settled. It'll be the Chiefs, which is perfect.

On the NFC side, my general preferences would be (in order) Lions, Falcons, Seahawks, Cowboys, Giants, Packers. From the standpoint of the Chiefs' opponents I'd most like to see (which is far more important), I'd go with Lions, Giants, Seahawks, Falcons, Cowboys, Packers.

Rain Man
01-03-2017, 07:14 PM
Unfortunately, this is whats going to happen

I don't know. Remember that Goodell owes New England a trophy for taking a dive against Peyton Manning last year.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
01-03-2017, 07:28 PM
The answer is clearly Seahawks. They are competing on a high level but on "life-support" relative to how healthy they could actually be. If they make it that far they're going to be bruised and battered, we would finish them off.

88TG88
01-03-2017, 07:29 PM
I don't know. Remember that Goodell owes New England a trophy for taking a dive against Peyton Manning last year.

Ugh youre right and thats even worse

Graystoke
01-03-2017, 07:51 PM
Chiefs vs Lions...Wood

kcxiv
01-03-2017, 07:55 PM
This is one of them things where, in my mind, i cant even fathom the Chiefs playing in a Superbowl. Its embedded in my brain that we will never make it as long as i live! Ill worry about that if they ever get there.

wazu
01-03-2017, 07:58 PM
Now that you mention it, we probably should do the opposite of everything we've ever done as fans. 40+ years of following the guidelines hasn't worked.

So screw it. Let's talk Super Bowl. On a general basis, I want to see new teams in the Super Bowl and not the same old tired Packers, Patriots, Giants, and Steelers. Yawn.

The AFC side is settled. It'll be the Chiefs, which is perfect.

On the NFC side, my general preferences would be (in order) Lions, Falcons, Seahawks, Cowboys, Giants, Packers. From the standpoint of the Chiefs' opponents I'd most like to see (which is far more important), I'd go with Lions, Giants, Seahawks, Falcons, Cowboys, Packers.

This idea has merit and probably needs its own thread.

KChiefs1
01-03-2017, 08:00 PM
Tony Gonzalez wants a Chiefs vs Falcons Super Bowl.

BigRedChief
01-03-2017, 08:01 PM
Boys obviously. They are good enough to get there and then fall apart.:rolleyes:

stevieray
01-03-2017, 08:02 PM
This idea has merit and probably needs its own thread.

I second this.

Enough of this battered wife syndrome. These guys have kicked ass and found all different ways to win. Hung with Atlanta, NO,, etc..Swept the DAMN DIVISION.

You gotta believe!

I know Berry does. And Kelce does...have you seen the locker room vids?

:rockon:

stevieray
01-03-2017, 08:03 PM
Boys obviously. They are good enough to get there and then fall apart.:rolleyes:

booooo hissssss

:D

BigRedChief
01-03-2017, 08:03 PM
Tony Gonzalez wants a Chiefs vs Falcons Super Bowl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkit was a helluva game last time. We took their best shot and won at their place.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-03-2017, 08:05 PM
Dallas.

Because, fuck Dallas.

Pointer19
01-03-2017, 08:13 PM
I said Packers just for the rematch.

stevieray
01-03-2017, 08:20 PM
Dallas.

Because, **** Dallas.

Built in back story.

:hmmm:

SAUTO
01-03-2017, 09:27 PM
Packers can't run the ball.

Easy 6
01-03-2017, 09:46 PM

Truth, their run game is a secondary consideration... press man outside while flooding the zones underneath, counting on 3-5 man pressures to get there for the most part

Against their O line, thats absolutely doable with what we can bring

Reerun_KC
01-03-2017, 10:21 PM
So many CP members with zero faith. Not IF we make it but WHEN we make it.

Damn folks stop being so Debbie downer. We're going to the Superbowl this year.

Predarat
01-04-2017, 08:45 AM
Cleveland.

Trivers
01-04-2017, 09:42 AM
Going to Packers game this weekend. Scored suite seats from vendor.

Will provide recon sitrep.

Chief Northman
01-04-2017, 10:07 AM

They don't need to.

Re-watched the GB/Detroit game. Green Bay is the best "scramble" team I have ever seen. You cannot get to Rodgers, and defenses cannot contain their collective receivers longer than 5-6 seconds. That Packer O-line is shit, but it doesn't matter. Rodgers is the best qb in the world, sorry Brady fans - nobody does more on talent/skill alone than Rodgers.

CupidStunt
01-04-2017, 10:34 AM
The Lions or Giants. By far the worst teams in the NFC bracket. Of course neither has a prayer, so realistically it's gotta be Atlanta I guess. I wouldn't be too excited about facing Ryan again, but Seattle's defense would crush us, I think, while the Cowboys and Packers would simply be wayyyy too much running and throwing the ball respectively.

That said, if we get past PIT and NE to make it, it wouldn't seem to matter. Nothing can possibly be more difficult than winning in Foxboro. Period.

MahiMike
01-04-2017, 10:53 AM
Cowboys. I want this year to be the year we exorcise all our demons. We just might get some respect if we go: steelers, Patriots, Cowboys.

Fuck all these teams!

DJ's left nut
01-04-2017, 11:00 AM

Y'know, sometimes they can't - you're right.

But have you watched Ty Montgomery much? The guy's pretty electric with the ball in his hands. He's a much more compact, powerful ballcarrier than I expected when I saw he was being converted to RB.

I wouldn't completely ignore their running game. He has that kind of shifty, powerful build that Hill has but lacks Hill athleticism. So he's something of a rich man's West, IMO.

I actually like him quite a bit.

Reerun_KC
01-04-2017, 11:13 AM
I want a shot at the Cowboys or Atlanta again...

But it might be fun to play NYG... those guys are pesky.

carcosa
01-04-2017, 11:26 AM
So many CP members with zero faith. Not IF we make it but WHEN we make it.

Damn folks stop being so Debbie downer. We're going to the Superbowl this year.

HELL FUCKING YEAH BROTHER! SHIT YEAH!!!

CaliforniaChief
01-04-2017, 11:50 AM
I picked Cowboys but I really don't care. If we're there, it's literally all gravy. Bring it on.

BWillie
01-04-2017, 12:34 PM
Most of you want to face the 2nd best team in the NFL? Why on Earth would you pick that? You always want to face the worst one. I picked Giants.

Reerun_KC
01-04-2017, 12:38 PM
Most of you want to face the 2nd best team in the NFL? Why on Earth would you pick that? You always want to face the worst one. I picked Giants.

Cause we have faith and BELIEVE in this team...

And with Houston back, we are unstoppable, PERIOD!

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-04-2017, 04:55 PM
Reerun's game has been truly exquisite these last few days.

Bravo, sir.

New World Order
01-04-2017, 05:00 PM
Cowboys' offensive line would skull **** our dl.

temper11
01-04-2017, 06:31 PM

this.

temper11
01-04-2017, 06:34 PM
hold up, What about vsing the Giants?

Alex's career in the playoffs
hes lost to NE (cant pick them)
Giants
Indy

.. Indy's out, wouldve prefered to beat their asses down though in the playoffs for payback, so that leaves the Giants. Maybe would be a storyline in the sense that everyone thought whoever won back when SF vs NYG played, that the winner would be SB champ and so it was, when NYG crowned themselves SB winners 2 weeks later. Maybe a grudge match for Alex smith, "The team that took his ring" I dunno, could be another "story-line" but id still prefer us playing GB lol.

It wasn't the Giants that took that ring away, it was two dropped kicked returns for turnovers and automatic gimme points in an overtime game - so I think the Alex v. Aaron story line would be more interesting.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-04-2017, 07:32 PM

Wait a minute; Aaron Rodgers is Alex Smith's nemesis?...

CapsLockKey
01-04-2017, 07:37 PM
Packers. SB 1 rematch and I have a lot of Packer fan friends so it would make for a great SB party.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
01-04-2017, 09:34 PM
I picked the Packers, because, on the slight chance we might lose, they're the only team I wouldn't mind losing to.