PDA

View Full Version : Football Deafening silence from Colts, Irsay

oaklandhater
01-03-2017, 07:14 PM
http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2017/01/03/deafening-silence-colts-irsay/96110420/

Pagano had yet to meet to meet with Colts owner Jim Irsay before addressing the media early Monday afternoon. Clark Wade/IndyStar

INDIANAPOLIS – The silence is deafening.

If you’re listening for revelations from Indianapolis Colts headquarters, you might instead hear a pin drop.

That’s because no one is saying anything, up to and including owner Jim Irsay. Coach Chuck Pagano conducted his season-ending news conference Monday afternoon working under the assumption he would remain the team’s coach – even though Irsay had yet to confirm that to him. Pagano said he was scheduled to meet with Irsay later Monday. No information has surfaced in regards to that meeting. Also, as of Monday night, a source said, Ryan Grigson was still in his post as general manager.

So, 48 hours after the Colts’ second straight non-playoff season – the first time that’s happened in consecutive seasons since 1997-98 – things appear to be status quo.

Or are they?

Reporters have made multiple pleas for comment from Irsay in the past 24 hours, to no avail. The team has indicated there are no plans for any media availability Tuesday. That can mean one of two things: Everything is as it appears, and nothing is changing. Pagano and Grigson received contract extensions through 2019 last year, which means there’s technically nothing to address if no changes are made.

Or, the silence could suggest things are still very fluid and no final decisions have been made. That could mean Irsay is mulling his options before making anything official. The Colts have met their season-ending media obligation. The NFL requires either the coach, general manager or owner to address reporters after the season’s conclusion. Pagano’s news conference on Monday met that standard, meaning the Colts are in the clear as far as the NFL is concerned.

If Pagano and Grigson are, in fact, retained, Irsay will be making the decision to move forward with a regime that has amassed a 49-31 record since taking over in 2012. What that number doesn’t fully capture is the Colts’ .500 record in the past two seasons (16-16). The Colts have also been underwhelming in their most critical games. With a chance to pull into a tie for the AFC South lead in Week 14, the Colts instead had one of their poorest performances of the season, losing 22-17 to the Houston Texans at home. Games like that have raised the ire of the fan base and forced Pagano to deal with some tough questions during his news conference.

“You can look at it and you can be brutally honest with yourself,” he said. “Players are going to do that; as coaches, we have to do that. Myself, I have to do that and you have to answer some hard questions and face reality, and we’ll do that.”

There are currently six coaching vacancies in the NFL. The hiring cycle is well underway, with top candidates already scheduling interviews with various teams. The Colts, however, have not been linked to any candidate. Whether that means Pagano is, in fact, safe, remains to be seen.

oaklandhater
01-03-2017, 07:15 PM
Does this remind any one of the chiefs during the Herm edwards era ?

oaklandhater
01-03-2017, 07:19 PM
One of the press said "can't even do your f***ing job right!"

LMAO

wheeler08
01-03-2017, 07:19 PM
I love it. F#ck the colts. I cherish their misery every Monday at work. Irsay is the new Al Davis is what I tell them

TribalElder
01-03-2017, 07:32 PM
Luck has looked pretty shitty the last few years

Playing in a snow globe also is dangerous as the turf seems to cause more injuries or maybe that was just Chiefs in the playoffs

St. Patty's Fire
01-03-2017, 07:34 PM
Pissing away Luck's career.

...good.

TribalElder
01-03-2017, 07:35 PM
I imagine irsay swimming around like Scrooge mcduck in a room full of Vicodin

oaklandhater
01-03-2017, 07:44 PM
Luck has looked pretty shitty the last few years

Playing in a snow globe also is dangerous as the turf seems to cause more injuries or maybe that was just Chiefs in the playoffs

Luck had one of his best years Stats wise this season.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-colts-qb-andrew-luck-is-having-the-best-season-of-his-career/

They really are pissing his Career.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-03-2017, 08:05 PM
Pissing away Luck's career.

...good.

He belongs in KC. Should have been here in the first place but oh no, dipshit Crennel and Peeholi had to make sure the team won some games for that most useless of traits in a losing season:

Pride.

oaklandhater
01-03-2017, 08:23 PM
He belongs in KC. Should have been here in the first place but oh no, dipshit Crennel and Peeholi had to make sure the team won some games for that most useless of traits in a losing season:

Pride.

Packers game and Colts game that season 2 terrible wins.

Deberg_1990
01-03-2017, 08:30 PM
He belongs in KC.

He will be. In 2029

oaklandhater
01-03-2017, 08:32 PM
He will be. In 2029

Maybe he can be our Manning and win us a superbowl before he rides off to do more nationwide commercials

St. Patty's Fire
01-03-2017, 09:03 PM

Pride.

Yep. And of course when we get our first overall pick, it's Eric Fisher.

Oh well, give me a SB win this year and I won't even remember Luck exists.

Rasputin
01-03-2017, 09:10 PM
He will be. In 2029

So your saying Luck will be a 49er on his next FA tour then we trade a first or second round pick for him when his skills are all just a shell of himself.