PDA

View Full Version : Mock (1/3)

Direckshun
01-03-2017, 11:40 PM
Assumptions:

1. Chiefs finish 12-4, and outlast the Steelers 32-28 in the divisional round. But the magic ends when Chiefs go to Foxborough and get steamrolled. GM John Dorsey, HC Andy Reid, and QB Alex Smith are all retained.

2. ILB Derrick Johnson does not retire, and will return like Justin Houston did this season.

3. NT Dontari Poe is franchised.

4. RB Jamaal Charles renegotiates a contract down to 2 years, $4m; P Dustin Colquitt renegotiates his contract down to 2 years, $5m.

5. S Eric Berry is re-signed for 4 years, $44m ($19m guaranteed).

6. The Chiefs sign the following players at minimal deals: DE Kendall Reyes

7. The Chiefs tender the following players: WR Albert Wilson, S Daniel Sorensen, K Cairo Santos, LS James Winchester.

8. The following players walk in free agency: QB Nick Foles, RB Knile Davis, FB Trey Millard, OG Mike Person, DE Jarvis Jenkins

9. The following players are cut: TE Ross Travis, OLB Frank Zombo, CB Kenneth Acker

10. The Chiefs bring in 4 compensatory picks: a 4th (Sean Smith), a 5th (Chase Daniel), and two 6ths (Donald Stephenson & Tyvon Branch).

On with the show:

1.30. CB Adoree' Jackson, USC

The Chiefs cannot get to the Super Bowl in 2017 unless they beat two Super Bowl winning QBs who are probably both Hall of Famers. A weak spot all year has been every CB position aside from Peters'. Though Terrance Mitchell has been a revelation, I still hesitate to fully invest in him heading into 2017; we did that with Marcus Cooper in 2014 and it bit us in the ass.

The nickel position has been problematic for the Chiefs as well. Steven Nelson plays hard and made a lot of plays early in the year, but he's been roasted a-plenty facing some of the better receivers. And when Marcus Peters sat out a game, we were helpless.

What this pick does is jack up the Chiefs secondary. Jackson is a playmaker who competes intensely and has very good speed and could excel in the slot or outside with some coaching. The Chiefs secondary now has a stud, possibly two if Jackson develops properly, are now four-deep at outside CB with Peters, Mitchell, Jackson and Gaines, and at least two deep in the slot with Nelson and Jackson. The team also still has DJ White.

2.61. QB Patrick Mahomes, Texas Tech

We've been talking about him a lot this week, so I'll throw him in here. I'm a very big fan of Mahomes, and I don't think taking him this year precludes us from taking another shot in 2018 if Mahomes busts.

Mahomes is a tangibles guy and measurables guy. He's a total package, except that he plays in a terrible offensive system that will hamper his development in the pros. However, nobody knows the spread like Brad Childress, so it's possible we can ease his transition to pro-style better than almost any other team in the NFL.

3.92. OLB Carroll Phillips, Illinois

I don't want to compare Phillips to Justin Houston, but Houston fell to the third round despite obvious talent due to character questions. Phillips has big red flags he's going to have to answer for, but the Chiefs have the best locker room in the NFL.

4.128. RB Kareem Hunt, Toledo

A super under-the-radar talent with bellcow abilities. He's got good size, though a bit tall at 6'0", he's a stout 220 lbs with excellent quickness and speed.

4.133 (compensatory). S Rayshawn Jenkins, Miami

I absolutely love this player. A super physical safety who can cover very well in space. The Chiefs are already four deep at safety; now they're completely inoculated against injury by adding a safety of Jenkins' caliber.

5.167. TE Blake Jarwin, Oklahoma State

5.173 (compensatory). OG Sean Harlow, Oregon State

6.204 (compensatory). ILB Jayon Brown, UCLA

6.210 (compensatory). QB Joshua Dobbs, Tennessee

7.251. WR Zach Pascal, Old Dominion

Depth and special teams everywhere...

Direckshun
01-03-2017, 11:45 PM
QB: Smith, Mahomes, Bray vs. Dobbs
RB: Ware, Charles, Hunt, West
FB: Sherman

WR: Maclin, Hill, Conley, Wilson, Thomas, Pascal
TE: Kelce, Harris, Jarwin, O'Shaughnessy

LT: Fisher, Schwartz
LG: Ehinger, Fulton
C: Morse, Fulton
RG: Duvarney-Tardif, Fulton, Harlow
RT: Schwartz, Reid, Witzmann

DE: Howard, Nunez-Roches, Reyes
NT: Poe, Howard, Barnes
DE: Jones, Bailey

OLB: Ford, Hali
ILB: Mauga, Smith, Brown
ILB: Wilson, March, Alexander, Johnson
OLB: Houston, Phillips

CB: Peters, Mitchell, Jackson, Nelson, Gaines, White
S: Berry, Parker, Sorensen, Murray, Jenkins

K: Santos
P: Colquitt
LS: Winchester

kccrow
01-04-2017, 01:56 PM
1. Not a big fan of Jackson. He still looks like a WR trying to play CB. I'm sure he won't last to late round 2, but that's where I'd take him and hope the transition continues successfully.

2. That is my earliest projection for Mahomes at the moment, and I remain "not thrilled" at the idea of taking him that high. I wouldn't feel fuzzy, but I understand it.

3. No thanks to a troubled, undersized, one-year wonder.

4. I like Kareem Hunt, but I'd probably swap him with your next selection.

4. Love me some Rayshawn Jenkins.

5. I don't want an H-Back type of TE on this roster. Sick of clowns that can't block worth a fuck as the #2 as well.

5. I like Harlow in pass pro and his demeanor, not a lot of quality run blocking tape with that offense but he does pull alot and move.

I don't care as much about the rest but a couple thoughts...

6. Never liked undersized LBs all that much in the NFL, but short and light is a bad combination in general.

6. Josh Dobbs is not an NFL QB IMO, but he looks like he could be a decent WR conversion project.

Halfcan
01-05-2017, 02:42 PM
But the magic ends when Chiefs go to Foxborough and get steamrolled.

Wow, predicting a blow out huh?

bsp4444
01-06-2017, 12:57 PM
So you finally gave up getting rid of Sherman...

Direckshun
01-06-2017, 02:06 PM
So you finally gave up getting rid of Sherman...

I just try all different kinds of scenarios.

DaneMcCloud
01-06-2017, 05:09 PM
The nickel position has been problematic for the Chiefs as well. Steven Nelson plays hard and made a lot of plays early in the year, but he's been roasted a-plenty facing some of the better receivers. And when Marcus Peters sat out a game, we were helpless.

This is absolutely fucking retarded.

Do you even watch the games?

kccrow
01-06-2017, 06:36 PM
This is absolutely fucking retarded.

Do you even watch the games?

I kind of agree. Nelson was getting roasted playing outside as the #2. When Mitchell stepped in as the #2 and Nelson moved to the slot/nickel defender, Nelson really fucking improved.

DaneMcCloud
01-08-2017, 02:13 PM
I kind of agree. Nelson was getting roasted playing outside as the #2. When Mitchell stepped in as the #2 and Nelson moved to the slot/nickel defender, Nelson really fucking improved.

Nelson rarely played outside and only did so when Peters was unavailable. Any 5'11 player is going to be a mismatch against a 6'5 Mike Evans.

Again, do you even watch the games?

Black Bob
01-08-2017, 02:58 PM
Dobbs in the 6th would be amazing but, I doubt he will last that long. He has made some big time plays in big games.

kccrow
01-08-2017, 05:05 PM
Nelson rarely played outside and only did so when Peters was unavailable. Any 5'11 player is going to be a mismatch against a 6'5 Mike Evans.

Again, do you even watch the games?

I was agreeing with you, you cockslobbering fucking retard.

Sandy Vagina
01-09-2017, 05:36 AM
random question, but just out of curiosity.. if KC did trade Jamaal Charles, what do you believe the trade value would/should be?

Direckshun
01-10-2017, 04:48 PM
random question, but just out of curiosity.. if KC did trade Jamaal Charles, what do you believe the trade value would/should be?

Man, basically nothing.

He's not a workhorse anymore.

He's coming off two knee injuries.

$7m/year contract, I believe.

Nobody is trading for that.

DaneMcCloud
01-10-2017, 04:50 PM
you cockslobbering fucking retard.

Nice

Sandy Vagina
01-10-2017, 07:36 PM
Man, basically nothing.

He's not a workhorse anymore.

He's coming off two knee injuries.

$7m/year contract, I believe.

Nobody is trading for that.

Ah, ok. Thanks for your thoughts.

I don't know much about the later prospects yet, but I like your first 2 picks. :)

Direckshun
01-10-2017, 09:12 PM
I really want Jamaal around, personally.

We have the best locker room in the NFL and he only makes it better.

Hopefully Dorsey finds a way to renegotiate a better deal.

kccrow
01-11-2017, 09:11 PM
Nice

I knew you'd appreciate the effort. ;)