PDA

View Full Version : Football Wildcard Round - Best game?

Mile High Mania
01-04-2017, 10:41 AM
Raiders @ Texans
Lions @ Seahawks
Giants @ Packers
Dolphins @ Steelers

I think the home teams walk away with wins this time around, maybe the Lions can sneak a win out, but I doubt it. I can't tell which of the AFC games will be the worst, actually.

I think Oak/Hou will be boring... possibly high scoring, but boring. I think the Steelers destroy the Fish.

Packers hosting Giants - should be the best game, IMO.

lcarus
01-04-2017, 10:42 AM
For some reason I'm most interested in the Oakland Houston game. Just because of what an absolute shit show it's destined to be. Plus I wanna see Oaklands best season in years go down the toilet.

Mile High Mania
01-04-2017, 10:42 AM
For some reason I'm most interested in the Oakland Houston game. Just because of what an absolute shit show it's destined to be. Plus I wanna see Oaklands best season in years go down the toilet.

It went into the toilet two weeks ago, sorta "blah" to me at this point.

lcarus
01-04-2017, 10:45 AM
It went into the toilet two weeks ago, sorta "blah" to me at this point.

Well, officially go down the toilet I guess. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure that game will be a 13-10 poop smear. But I like a good poop smear every now and then.

MahiMike
01-04-2017, 10:48 AM
Oakland Houston is gonna be a great, close game. But giants going into GB for the win will be biggest game.

Chief Northman
01-04-2017, 11:39 AM
Packers over Giants
Seahawks over Lions
Raiders over Texans
Steelers over Dolphins

eDave
01-04-2017, 11:42 AM
Most interested in MIA/PIT.

ptlyon
01-04-2017, 11:43 AM
The Steelers are 10 point faves :shake:

Molitoth
01-04-2017, 11:46 AM
I'm most interested in watching Aaron Rodgers play.
It's a beautiful thing.

CaliforniaChief
01-04-2017, 11:49 AM
I'm actually picking Lions/Seahawks as the best game to watch. I think it's going to be better than most think.

Chiefnj2
01-04-2017, 11:50 AM
GB v. NYG should be a great close game. Good football.

Oakland v. Houston - should be a close, defense oriented game with sub-par QB's playing. I'm rooting for Oakland.

Seahawks v. Lions - Seahawks have major OL problems, but should still beat the crap out of the Lions who failed to show much life the last two weeks of the season.

Miami v. Pitt. On paper everything says Pitt crushes them. But, somehow Miami beat the crap out of Pitt earlier this season. Maybe they just match up well? I will be a huge dolphin fan this weekend, because I don't think KC can beat Pitt.

BlackHelicopters
01-04-2017, 11:51 AM
GIA at PACK

ptlyon
01-04-2017, 11:53 AM
I'm actually picking Lions/Seahawks as the best game to watch. I think it's going to be better than most think.

And that's an 8 point game

CupidStunt
01-04-2017, 12:03 PM
When does Alabama-Clemson kick off?

ptlyon
01-04-2017, 12:04 PM
When does Alabama-Clemson kick off?

Monday 7pm

Rain Man
01-04-2017, 12:15 PM
From an NFL perspective, I think the most competitive game will be the Giants and the Packers. But that's also the game I'm least interested in watching, because I've seen those two teams a million times already and they bore me.

My personal order of preference will be:

Dolphins @ Steelers for obvious reasons.
Lions @ Seahawks because I'm curious about the Lions
Raiders @ Texans because AFC West
Giants @ Packers because I've already seen the Big Bang Theory reruns on the other channel.

carcosa
01-04-2017, 12:20 PM
I wanna see Marquette King and Shane Lechler have to play QB after all other quarterbacks die in a grease fire at halftime

Garcia Bronco
01-04-2017, 12:22 PM
Never could an NFC game be interesting...they just aren't. It's boring football even if the game is 60-59. Gotta be Raiders and Texans.

Bewbies
01-04-2017, 12:23 PM
Hoping the road teams win in the AFC. Would love to host Oakland for ass whipping #3 this year.

Pretty hilarious that either Oakland or Houston is going to actually advance in the playoffs this year.

GB v NYG is probably the best game of the weekend though.

DC.chief
01-04-2017, 12:40 PM
MIA PIT. I think it's going to be closer than everyone expects. I know Matt Moore ain't very good but it's not like he's replacing an elite QB. Dolphins are all about Jay Ajayi and defense anyways.

CupidStunt
01-04-2017, 12:41 PM
I don't think I'll watch, unless it's inexplicably close, but MIA-PIT has to be the most interesting game for KC fans. It's 95% a preview of our opponent, or a 5% chance we can have a real rooting interest so that we'd face HOU/OAK the following week.

ChiefsCountry
01-04-2017, 12:44 PM
Here is the NFL's order what they think:
1. Giants at Packers
2. Lions at Seahawks
3. Dolphins at Steelers
4. Raiders at Texans

pugsnotdrugs19
01-04-2017, 12:47 PM
MIA PIT. I think it's going to be closer than everyone expects. I know Matt Moore ain't very good but it's not like he's replacing an elite QB. Dolphins are all about Jay Ajayi and defense anyways.

They can keep it close if Moore doesn't turn it over.. but in Pittsburgh, they will likely need 30 to win.

Reerun_KC
01-04-2017, 12:51 PM
Whatever it takes to get Pitt @ KC is the only concern I have... Other than that, should be a great weekend of games.

Kiimo
01-04-2017, 01:54 PM

Did you hear the Dolphins gave everyone the weekend off and they partied all night with Bieber?

Sounds to me like the Dolphins aren't going to do us any favors. They're going to get locked in a bathroom by Roethlisberger more like.

FloridaMan88
01-04-2017, 01:56 PM
Did you hear the Dolphins gave everyone the weekend off and they partied all night with Bieber?

Sounds to me like the Dolphins aren't going to do us any favors. They're going to get locked in a bathroom by Roethlisberger more like.

I think you are referring to the NY Giants WR's who partied with Justin Beiber in Miami. The Dolphins weren't involved.

Chief Northman
01-04-2017, 02:00 PM
Whatever it takes to get Pitt @ KC is the only concern I have... Other than that, should be a great weekend of games.

I don't follow your rationale here....

ptlyon
01-04-2017, 02:03 PM
I don't follow your rationale here....

He wants to beat the toughest in the AFC to go to the SB. He wants to prove that we can do it.

Chief Northman
01-04-2017, 02:06 PM
Hoping the road teams win in the AFC. Would love to host Oakland for ass whipping #3 this year.

Pretty hilarious that either Oakland or Houston is going to actually advance in the playoffs this year.

GB v NYG is probably the best game of the weekend though.

You know, there is an allure to having divisonal rivalries as the final 4 in the AFC.

One thing that always has scared me as a coach is having little to no film on a team/player. Connor Cook should have been a first round qb if not for his douchery - the kid is smart, has a big arm, and played some big games in college. If the Raiders can get by the Texans and Cook has a solid outing, look out: the Raiders will believe again and will be playing with nothing to lose. All the pressure would fall to KC and beating a team 3 times in one year is difficult to do at the pro level.
That being said, NE would roll Miami.... LOL. But maybe Tannehill gets healthy and gives them a better shot.

Chief Northman
01-04-2017, 02:08 PM
He wants to beat the toughest in the AFC to go to the SB. He wants to prove that we can do it.

Or is he being a douchey troll? You never know with Reerun.

carcosa
01-04-2017, 02:18 PM
I think you are referring to the NY Giants WR's who partied with Justin Beiber in Miami. The Dolphins weren't involved.

This is like a fun game of Telephone!

scho63
01-04-2017, 02:19 PM
The weather in Pittsburgh on Sunday will be a low of 9 and high of 19 with possible snow showers. Not very favorable for a team from South Florida!

Reerun_KC
01-04-2017, 02:20 PM
This...

Why the fuck is everyone bleeding in their panties about Pittsburgh? Chiefs are one of the most complete teams and hottest teams in the NFL...

Fuck folks, change your tampons and put on your big girl panties...

They can and will be beat....

Chief Northman
01-04-2017, 02:26 PM
This...

Why the **** is everyone bleeding in their panties about Pittsburgh? Chiefs are one of the most complete teams and hottest teams in the NFL...

**** folks, change your tampons and put on your big girl panties...

They can and will be beat....

The way you have railed on Reid/Smith in the recent past makes me suspicious of your confidence and bravado here.

Reerun_KC
01-04-2017, 02:34 PM
The way you have railed on Reid/Smith in the recent past makes me suspicious of your confidence and bravado here.

Well contrary to what CP says, you can still like the team and franchise even if you don't like a player or coach...

Its not an all or nothing thing as represented by some homer posters.

Bubbles is a bumbling retard during most games. And Alex is Alex... Game managers can win Superbowl. Alex isn't a franchise QB, he's a Franchise Game Manager.

But his team has enough talent to overcome and mask a lot of Bubbles deficiencies... Therefore I feel we are going to win the SuperBowl this year...

Plus it really sucks to be sitting here enjoying the #2 seed, a bye week and a homefield game coming up.. .Wallowing in success sucks...