http://overthecap.com/projecting-2017-compensatory-draft-picks/

So all in all, looks like we have 11 picks:

1, 2, 3, 3, 4, 5, 5, 6, 6, 6, 7

Trivers
01-07-2017, 01:31 PM
More Ammo for Dorsey!!!

Chiefshrink
01-07-2017, 01:32 PM
I'm liking those 2-3's for sure and who knows what Dorsey might cook up by draft day !!

Easy 6
01-07-2017, 01:34 PM
Thats a lotta picks, cant wait to see what Dorsey has in store for us this year

notorious
01-07-2017, 01:39 PM
A 5th for Chase, a 3rd (!!!!!) for Sean Smith.

LMAO

Sofa King
01-07-2017, 01:41 PM
Nice

Chiefshrink
01-07-2017, 01:42 PM
A 5th for Chase, a 3rd (!!!!!) for Sean Smith.

LMAO

Things are going our way!!:clap:

O.city
01-07-2017, 01:42 PM
Good. Load up on it.

I would like to see them trade some picks for picks in future drafts. I don't think they need 11 draft picks this year with the current team.

Trivers
01-07-2017, 01:44 PM
A 6th for Stephenson!!! We scored!

He would have not made the team this year.

Hoover
01-07-2017, 01:44 PM
Smart to use some of them to trade up, since they are now tradeable.

We don't have that many roster spots.

Trivers
01-07-2017, 01:47 PM
Good. Load up on it.

I would like to see them trade some picks for picks in future drafts. I don't think they need 11 draft picks this year with the current team.

Why would you trade today's picks for next year picks??

Bundle today's picks to MOVE UP in today's draft.

We SHOULD draft 32rd this year. :) How much ammo does it take to move up to 15ish to grab an impact player like Cunningham??

Hog's Gone Fishin
01-07-2017, 01:48 PM
We should have got somethin for Cooper. He had 4 int's for the Cards 63 tackles. More than Eric Berry.

notorious
01-07-2017, 01:48 PM
Things are going our way!!:clap:

We couldn't have traded Smith for a bag of rubber dogshit, yet end up with a 3rd.

This is pure awesome.

Danguardace
01-07-2017, 01:49 PM
A 6th for Stephenson!!! We scored!

He would have not made the team this year.

A 6th and a 100 yards in penalties on Christmas :D

Direckshun
01-07-2017, 01:51 PM
I still refuse to believe we're lucky enough to bet a 3rd for Sean Smith.

I still believe it's a fourth.

The fifth and two sixths have long been assumed by those of us who regular DraftPlanet.

Halfcan
01-07-2017, 01:54 PM
More Ammo for Dorsey!!!

Exactly, we let expensive, average talent players go and will replace them with cheaper, cap friendly players with hopefully more upside.

I don't miss any of them. A drunk driver, a clipboard holder, overpaid O linemen Donk traitor and a safety that made as many plays as he missed.

I hope we can turn our trash into gold next year as well.

DaneMcCloud
01-07-2017, 01:55 PM

The reason to move some of this year's picks for 2018 picks is simple: There just aren't enough needs in 2017 to accommodate 11 draft picks.

The Chiefs have one of the youngest rosters in the league and with the looming retirements of guys like Hali and Johnson, they'll become even younger.

While there's definitely room for improvement at certain positions (guard, ILB, WR) and depth (RB, OLB, CB, S, QB, TE), there's not room for eleven additional players.

They'd be better off moving a pick or two in 2018 to use as additional ammo in that draft.

Dunerdr
01-07-2017, 01:56 PM
I think I'd have rather had branch when the secondary got thin for a few games vs that comp pic

Hoover
01-07-2017, 01:57 PM
Schwartz only canceled out Jeff Allen? Score!

DaneMcCloud
01-07-2017, 01:58 PM
Just released today. Here's what we're projected:

Rd 3--rewarded for Sean Smith
Rd 5--rewarded for Chase Daniel
Rd 6--rewarded for Donald Stephenson LMAO
Rd 6--rewarded for TyVonn Branch

http://overthecap.com/projecting-2017-compensatory-draft-picks/

So all in all, looks like we have 11 picks:

1, 2, 3, 3, 4, 5, 5, 6, 6, 6, 7

The Chiefs will only have two 6th rounders, as they lose theirs due to the Maclin tampering.

DaneMcCloud
01-07-2017, 01:59 PM
I think I'd have rather had branch when the secondary got thin for a few games vs that comp pic

Branch spent more than half the year on IR, his usual M.O.

The Chiefs got a bargain.

Hoover
01-07-2017, 02:00 PM
No extra picks for the Raiders since they were buyers!

O.city
01-07-2017, 02:03 PM

We SHOULD draft 32rd this year. :) How much ammo does it take to move up to 15ish to grab an impact player like Cunningham??

If there's someone they really like, sure move up. I don't think that works out very often and it's gonna take quite a bit to go up that high.

This is a good roster already, I don't thi k 11 picks are gonna make it.

O.city
01-07-2017, 02:04 PM
The reason to move some of this year's picks for 2018 picks is simple: There just aren't enough needs in 2017 to accommodate 11 draft picks.

The Chiefs have one of the youngest rosters in the league and with the looming retirements of guys like Hali and Johnson, they'll become even younger.

While there's definitely room for improvement at certain positions (guard, ILB, WR) and depth (RB, OLB, CB, S, QB, TE), there's not room for eleven additional players.

They'd be better off moving a pick or two in 2018 to use as additional ammo in that draft.

This.

They need to keep adding depth for sure and look to push guys down the roster, but 11 is alot.

RunKC
01-07-2017, 02:06 PM
It's the same formula that worked in GB long ago and is now the norm in the NFL.

This is the 2nd major overhaul that this has worked with since Dorsey started here. Albert, DMC, Schwartz and T. Jackson all got big money in 2014 and all of them were busts. Just look at what Dorsey turned some of the comp picks from these players into:

Steven Nelson
DJ Alexander
Rakeem Nunez Roches

Amazing

DaneMcCloud
01-07-2017, 02:07 PM
Plus, it's one thing to make a single move up to get a guy. That can work, for sure, like in Chris Conley's case.

But generally speaking, if you're jumping up and down and all around during the draft, that means your board is pretty fucked.

RunKC
01-07-2017, 02:08 PM

I would add that the 2018 QB class looks amazing and if we can't find that guy this year, I think the plan should be to stock up for a move in that draft.

notorious
01-07-2017, 02:09 PM
Just in case people don't know how comp picks work:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2003927-nfl-compensatory-picks-2014-rules-formula-explanation-and-latest-projections

The NFL offseason is once again heating up as organizations prepare for the announcement of which teams will be awarded compensatory picks in the 2014 NFL draft and where those selections will take place.
Should the NFL release the formula to determine compensatory picks?

Should the NFL release the formula to determine compensatory picks?
Yes
No
Total votes: 2,738

The basic philosophy of compensatory picks is that franchises that lost more free agents than they signed in the previous year will be awarded draft selections to make up for the losses, according to previously released documents from NFL.com

Picks are awarded in the third through seventh rounds, and there are 32 total selections that can be awarded to teams that fit the criteria.

According to Jimmy Kempski of Philly.com, the official formula for determining which round and number the picks will take place is not public.

With the picks typically awarded during the owner’s meetings (Sunday through Wednesday), here are the rules and formula explanation based on how the previous years have played out and the latest projections from experts across the league.

Rules and Formula Explanation
Hannah Foslien/Getty Images

While the NFL has kept the formula determining the exact pick each team will get a secret, the basic rules for the compensatory selections is common knowledge thanks to publicly released documents from the league.

Compensatory draft pick determinations are based on the salary, playing time and postseason honors of the free agents each team lost during the previous offseason. For example, the Pittsburgh Steelers should receive one of the top compensatory picks after losing wide receiver Mike Wallace to the Miami Dolphins via free agency.

All of the compensatory pick talk can be very confusing, but the selections will likely be awarded Monday, per Tania Ganguli of ESPN:

Each team is allowed a maximum of four compensatory picks, and selections will only be awarded to organizations that signed fewer players than they lost to free agency. That does not include players cut, players released after signing the year before or players making the league minimum.

The exact formula for where each selection will take place may not be known, but the size of the contract each free agent signed has been a major determining factor in previous years.

Latest Projections

There are plenty projections surrounding which teams will get compensatory picks and where the selections will fall, but Craig Turner (via Kempski), who has established a reputation for accurately predicting these picks, has projected which team and where each selection will take place in the 2014 draft.
Projected Compensatory Draft Picks (via Philly.com) 3 Pittsburgh Steelers Mike Wallace
3 Green Bay Packers Greg Jennings
3 Baltimore Ravens Paul Kruger
3 San Francisco 49ers Dashon Goldson
4 Detroit Lions Gosder Cherilus
4 Baltimore Ravens Dannell Ellerbe
4 Houston Texans Connor Barwin
5 New York Jets LaRon Landry
5 Baltimore Ravens Cary Williams
5 Atlanta Falcons Brent Grimes
5 Pittsburgh Steelers Keenan Lewis
5 New York Giants Martellus Bennett
5 Baltimore Ravens Ed Reed
5 Houston Texans Glover Quin
6 New York Jets Mike DeVito
6 Green Bay Packers Erik Walden
6 New York Jets Dustin Keller
6 New England Patriots Patrick Chung
6 Cincinnati Bengals Manny Lawson
6 St. Louis Rams Brandon Gibson
6 New York Jets Shonn Greene
7 St. Louis Rams Bradley Fletcher
7 Dallas Cowboys Mike Jenkins
7 Cincinnati Bengals Pat Sims
7 St. Louis Rams Craig Dahl
7 St. Louis Rams Rob Turner
7 Dallas Cowboys Victor Butler
7 Cincinnati Bengals Bruce Gradkowski
7 Atlanta Falcons Will Svitek
7 Atlanta Falcons Christopher Owens
7 San Diego CHargers Shaun Phillips
7 Dallas Cowboys Kenyon Coleman

Jimmy Kempski, Philly.com

The projections help fans understand exactly why teams are awarded the picks. The bigger the contract and the more a player impacts his new team, the better his old team will be rewarded with compensatory selections.

The New York Giants made several moves last offseason, but Jordan Raanan of NJ.com is still expecting the team to be awarded a pick for the team’s losses:

So, with the Giants losing Umenyiora and Bennett and their only significant addition being Myers, the Giants should be rewarded. My prediction is they net a fourth-round pick in the upcoming 2014 NFL Draft.

According to Vaughn McClure of ESPN.com, the Atlanta Falcons are expecting several picks to make up for free-agent losses:

During this year's NFL combine, Falcons general manager Thomas Dimitroff said he anticipated receiving two to three compensatory draft picks this year. The Falcons currently have a pick in every round and own the sixth overall pick in the draft.

While the Falcons are expecting several selections, the Philadelphia Eagles are not likely going to get any, per Paul Domowitch of Philly.com:

This is an exciting time for teams that were dejected by losses in free agency, but ESPN’s Andrew Brandt points out the truth about the release of the picks:

NFL fans won’t be forced to wait very long for the outcome to all of the pertinent questions regarding compensatory picks, and Monday’s announcement will add even more intrigue to May’s draft.

This year's draft offers plenty of talent at various positions. As a result, any extra ammunition NFL teams can acquire is beneficial, especially with mid-round picks. For those teams expecting a few extra selections, this process could prove to be a significant factor in their draft plans.

DaFace
01-07-2017, 02:10 PM
Nice. We're gonna lose a few key players after this year, but hopefully all that ammo means we'll be able to fill holes nicely.

Direckshun
01-07-2017, 02:11 PM
We should have got somethin for Cooper. He had 4 int's for the Cards 63 tackles. More than Eric Berry.

Cooper's pick will come in 2018.

DaneMcCloud
01-07-2017, 02:11 PM
It's the same formula that worked in GB long ago and is now the norm in the NFL.

This is the 2nd major overhaul that this has worked with since Dorsey started here. Albert, DMC, Schwartz and T. Jackson all got big money in 2014 and all of them were busts. Just look at what Dorsey turned some of the comp picks from these players into:

Steven Nelson
DJ Alexander
Rakeem Nunez Roches

Amazing

There are only 5 players remaining from 2012's roster: Allen Bailey (IR), Eric Berry, Jamaal Charles (IR), Justin Houston and Derrick Johnson (IR),

That's truly amazing.

notorious
01-07-2017, 02:12 PM
Poe?

thabear04
And if Chiefs wants to move up they can trade those picks.

pugsnotdrugs19
Sweet, more picks = more opportunities for Dorsey to hit on a few. That's why teams value these picks so much nowadays. Rookie contracts, and more opportunities to 'hit' or 'strike gold'.

pugsnotdrugs19
01-07-2017, 02:13 PM
There are only 5 players remaining from 2012's roster: Allen Bailey (IR), Eric Berry, Jamaal Charles (IR), Justin Houston and Derrick Johnson (IR),

That's truly amazing.

Hali? Poe? Colquitt?

Still, pretty crazy.

Direckshun
01-07-2017, 02:15 PM
I wouldn't be opposed to them taking two shots at QB this year.

DaneMcCloud
Poe?

Eh, I should have said "Active roster".

:D

notorious
Eh, I should have said "Active roster".

:D

;)

DaneMcCloud
I wouldn't be opposed to them taking two shots at QB this year.

That's very magnanimous of you

Direckshun
01-07-2017, 02:16 PM
Sweet, more picks = more opportunities for Dorsey to hit on a few. That's why teams value these picks so much nowadays. Rookie contracts, and more opportunities to 'hit' or 'strike gold'.

For the record, Dorsey is 5/5 on the three 1st rounders and two 2nd rounders he's drafted in KC.

He's also spent two 2nds on Alex Smith.

RunKC
01-07-2017, 02:17 PM
With Dadi Nicholas' huge injury, Tamba's age and Houston's knee (he should be fine next year but you never know), I would absolutely be in favor of trading up for a quality pass rusher in this draft.

Not first rd, but I would move up in rd 2 if the situation is that they don't see a QB they can target. It's a big need this offseason.

Direckshun
01-07-2017, 02:17 PM
That's very magnanimous of you

I don't know what that word means but I *think* you just suggested my mother has a penis.

DaneMcCloud
01-07-2017, 02:19 PM
With Dadi Nicholas' huge injury

The Dadi injury is huge for sure. Thankfully, this draft is "supposedly" filled with edge rushers so the Chiefs should be able to nab a guy, even without moving up (although I'd have no problem with it).

Unfortunately, it's weak across the board at offensive line, which sucks because the Chiefs could definitely upgrade at guard, even if it's backup players that project as starters at some point.

Direckshun
01-07-2017, 02:19 PM
With Dadi Nicholas' huge injury, Tamba's age and Houston's knee (he should be fine next year but you never know), I would absolutely be in favor of trading up for a quality pass rusher in this draft.

Not first rd, but I would move up in rd 2 if the situation is that they don't see a QB they can target. It's a big need this offseason.

If we landed a stud, I'd totally be in favor of going OLB in round 1. Keep in mind we're likely drafting at 30, 31, or 32, so long as we hold home field.

Nothing wears down tackles like having to face fresh, high energy pass rushers all game.

pugsnotdrugs19
01-07-2017, 02:20 PM
Too early to say but as far as immediate starter holes, how many are we really going to have this offseason?

Poe is probably gone, but even then, you still have Jones, Howard, and Bailey.

Dorsey has always been BPA I think, but in this year's case he may have every reason to use that strategy.

Direckshun
01-07-2017, 02:21 PM
The Dadi injury is huge for sure. Thankfully, this draft is "supposedly" filled with edge rushers so the Chiefs should be able to nab a guy, even without moving up (although I'd have no problem with it).

Unfortunately, it's weak across the board at offensive line, which sucks because the Chiefs could definitely upgrade at guard, even if it's backup players that project as starters at some point.

Man, teams are going to be reaching for OL all over this draft, too.

Fortunately, the Chiefs line is at least capable, though not exceptional. And the top 8 OL we have on our roster are all under contract for 2017.

pugsnotdrugs19
01-07-2017, 02:23 PM

Our entire OL room is under contract through next year, I believe. Great luxury that the Chiefs haven't had in years.

They have started to gel pretty well the last few weeks because they've been able to start the same 5 for like 9 games in a row, thankfully. Ehinger looked like a legit starter with PB potential.

One of those deals where I trust the FO to continually find competent options at guard on rookie deals.

DaneMcCloud
Too early to say but as far as immediate starter holes, how many are we really going to have this offseason?

Dorsey has always been BPA I think, but in this year's case he may have every reason to use that strategy.

I think Poe gets an extension and they resign Berry.

Poe isn't going anywhere, especially for the money that some people have believed he'll be offered. He's not a Pro Bowler or an All Pro.

He's not getting $15 million a year and will be lucky to get $10.

Direckshun

I still don't think Poe is gone. Even if he is, we just plug Howard in.

The only starting hole we'll have is ILB, which at the very least DJ will return by November or December.

You could argue we have a hole at CB if you're nervous about Mitchell's play carrying over into 2017. Which I am.

DaneMcCloud
01-07-2017, 02:24 PM
Our entire OL room is under contract through next year, I believe. Great luxury that the Chiefs haven't had in years.

They have started to gel pretty well the last few weeks because they've been able to start the same 5 for like 9 games in a row, thankfully. Ehinger looked like a legit starter with PB potential.

One of those deals where I trust the FO to continually find competent options at guard on rookie deals.

The issue with Ehinger, IMO, is that he tore his ACL in October.

As we've seen with Houston and Charles, it's taking quite a while longer for guys to get healthy, so I'm not even sure he's available to play next year.

pugsnotdrugs19
01-07-2017, 02:24 PM
I think Poe gets an extension and they resign Berry.

Poe isn't going anywhere, especially for the money that some people have believed he'll be offered. He's not a Pro Bowler or an All Pro.

He's not getting $15 million a year and will be lucky to get $10.

One thing we have going for us there is Poe LOVES Reid and he is really close with a lot of his teammates it would seem. He might be willing to take a little less to stay.

I have no clue what his market value would be, but if the Chiefs win the SB it is probably going to be pretty rich.

DaneMcCloud
01-07-2017, 02:26 PM
You could argue we have a hole at CB if you're nervous about Mitchell's play carrying over into 2017. Which I am.

That's because you're ignoring his technique and success and basing it on a completely different player, which is dumb as fuck.

I'm completely fine if the Chiefs draft a Day 2 or Day 3 CB and as a matter of fact, I think they should.

But they shouldn't do it because "Oh, Mitchell might turn into a pumpkin like Marcus Cooper did".

pugsnotdrugs19
01-07-2017, 02:28 PM
According to OTC, a simple void of Nick Foles' and Jamaal Charles' contracts gives the Chiefs around $22 million in cap room, plus whatever they roll over from this year.

Ample room indeed to keep Berry and Poe with low first year hits..

RunKC
01-07-2017, 02:28 PM

I've read that OLB and CB are stacked with talent at the top of the draft. If a QB isn't on their radar this year, I would have no issue drafting those positions in the first 2 rds.

Apparently this is one of the weakest OL classes in years from what I've read, which really does suck bc I don't trust that Parker Ehinger's knee will hold up next year after the setbacks we've had this year.

But I think the biggest "hole" on this team, and I would call it the biggest need as well, is OLB. We always have injuries there so it's a top need.

DaFace
01-07-2017, 02:29 PM
One thing we have going for us there is Poe LOVES Reid and he is really close with a lot of his teammates it would seem. He might be willing to take a little less to stay.

I have no clue what his market value would be, but if the Chiefs win the SB it is probably going to be pretty rich.

I can't imagine many other coaches would let him throw a pass, that's for sure.

Direckshun
01-07-2017, 02:31 PM
The one thing I'll say (among the many things I've already said) is that having 10 picks, and four in the first three rounds, means we can almost completely ignore free agency and just focus on our own guys.

If we could bring in Tyrod Taylor or even scoop up Trevor Siemian if the Broncos were to cut him for some reason for a #2 QB, I'd take that. Maybe.

Other than that, we can pretty much take pennies-on-the-dollar free agent flyers and leave our FA activity at that.

pugsnotdrugs19
01-07-2017, 02:31 PM
I've read that OLB and CB are stacked with talent at the top of the draft. If a QB isn't on their radar this year, I would have no issue drafting those positions in the first 2 rds.

Apparently this is one of the weakest OL classes in years from what I've read, which really does suck bc I don't trust that Parker Ehinger's knee will hold up next year after the setbacks we've had this year.

I want Dorsey to draft BPA, regardless of position, and I think that's what they do...

It showed this year with the Chris Jones pick. No one thought we 'needed' a D-Lineman whatsoever, but a couple injuries happen and here we are. Without Jones, I don't know where we would be right now as he is clearly the best interior rusher we've got.

BPA, 100%. Whether its QB, DL, LB, DB, WR, whatever.

RunKC
01-07-2017, 02:39 PM
It showed this year with the Chris Jones pick. No one thought we 'needed' a D-Lineman whatsoever.

This is 100% false.

Dane knew, I knew, everyone in the draft forum knew. Hell even Terez Paylor knew. He was mocking 3 or 4 DL to us (including Jones) for weeks.

Dorsey's trend was to draft for "future need". This year it looks like it's one of the following:

-DL: assuming Poe is franchised. Howard will be in a contract year next season.
-QB: Alex's contract runs out after 2018.

pugsnotdrugs19
01-07-2017, 02:41 PM
This is 100% false.

Dane knew, I knew, everyone in the draft forum knew. Hell even Terez Paylor knew. He was mocking 3 or 4 DL to us (including Jones) for weeks.

Dorsey's trend was to draft for "future need". This year it looks like it's one of the following:

I should clarify, I knew we did, because of Poe's contract, but I don't think anyone expected to draft a starting caliber, or elite potential player at the DL position.

EDIT: I fully expect KC to draft a QB this year, but I think it could be anywhere between round 1-5, so who knows.

DaneMcCloud
01-07-2017, 02:43 PM
or even scoop up Trevor Siemian if the Broncos were to cut him for some reason for a #2 QB, I'd take that. Maybe.

Why in the world would the Broncos cut their best QB in 2016, especially when he's dirt cheap?

Even though that's complete lunacy, there would be a huge market for him, especially as a starter in place like Los Angeles, Buffalo, NY, etc. and so on.

Good fucking grief, man.

Direckshun
01-07-2017, 02:45 PM
This is 100% false.

OL. LDT and Fulton will be on their last years.

Direckshun
01-07-2017, 02:46 PM
Why in the world would the Broncos cut their best QB in 2016, especially when he's dirt cheap?

Even though that's complete lunacy, there would be a huge market for him, especially as a starter in place like Los Angeles, Buffalo, NY, etc. and so on.

Good ****ing grief, man.

Pretty sure I indicated it would be unlikely for either to end up here.

I think the Broncos make a play for Romo. They've got Lynch. It's possible Siemian demands to get off the roster.

Chief Roundup
01-07-2017, 02:46 PM
Poe, Berry, Sorenson, Wilson, Santos, Reyes, Davis and Winchester are all FA. Could this be Albert Wilsons last year with us? I wonder who all we will not resign. I think Davis is a goner for sure.

pugsnotdrugs19
01-07-2017, 02:49 PM
Poe, Berry, Sorenson, Wilson, Santos, Reyes, Davis and Winchester are all FA. Could this be Albert Wilsons last year with us? I wonder who all we will not resign. I think Davis is a goner for sure.

Sorenson, Wilson, and Santos are restricted FAs. They will likely be back if the teams wants them, which at least 2 of the 3 I'm sure they do.

Sandy Vagina
01-07-2017, 02:50 PM
Good. Load up on it.

I like it. Turn a 3rd rd pick into a 2018 2nd. Take a few day 3 picks and use em to move up. Chiefs will probably only need 5 selections, plus a few wild stabs at UDFAs to battle the bottom depth chart players.

DaneMcCloud
01-07-2017, 02:50 PM
Pretty sure I indicated it would be unlikely for either to end up here.

I think the Broncos make a play for Romo. They've got Lynch. It's possible Siemian demands to get off the roster.

You're speculating but even IF Seimian "demands" to "get off the roster", the Broncos aren't cutting him, they're trading him.

RunKC
01-07-2017, 02:52 PM
OL. LDT and Fulton will be on their last years.

I doubt they would draft a G in the first rd, especially in such a weak OL class. I think it would be a bad value pick from that standpoint with LDT and Ehinger showing promise.

RunKC
01-07-2017, 03:00 PM
It's early but I have a feeling that Dorsey will look strongly to the future after seeing this year play out.

Tamba might have 1 more year left as a part time player, Dadi won't even be on field again until 2018 and Houston turns 28 this month after being injured multiple times in key moments since 2013.

It's a strong OLB class and it's a really good year to get one. Right now our only depth is an old declining Tamba and Frank fucking Zombo.

O.city
01-07-2017, 03:01 PM
They've gotta look for the future at ilb. Another pass rusher.

They're in a good spot that early, they can look for real difference makers

Sandy Vagina
01-07-2017, 03:05 PM
Kendall Beckwith from LSU just feels Chiefy and right. Dude is strong and effective vs the run, and has better range than given credit for. Tigers kept him on the field even in obvious pass downs.

DaneMcCloud
01-07-2017, 03:05 PM
They've gotta look for the future at ilb. Another pass rusher.

They're in a good spot that early, they can look for real difference makers

This is where the extra picks come in handy.

If they like Mahomes at their 1st round spot, grab him.

Move up in the 2nd for a OLBer and from the late 3rd to the early 3rd/late 2nd for an ILBer although I'm not ruling out Ramik Wilson and Terrance Smith as future starters.

Dorsey is going to have a lot of flexibility.

O.city
01-07-2017, 03:07 PM
This is where the extra picks come in handy.

If they like Mahomes at their 1st round spot, grab him.

Move up in the 2nd for a OLBer and from the late 3rd to the early 3rd/late 2nd for an ILBer.

Dorsey is going to have a lot of flexibility.

After watching more of Mahomes, I don't think I'd take home before the 3rd. He's a long ways off.

I would really like to get a young stud at ilb to grow with the rest of the young d.

Sandy Vagina
01-07-2017, 03:09 PM
Yep. Seeing Mahomes and 1st round just looks :facepalm: ... but it wouldn't be the first or last wild reach.

scho63
01-07-2017, 03:13 PM
A 6th and a 100 yards in penalties on Christmas :D

He sure did give us a nice Xmas gift! ROFL

pugsnotdrugs19
01-07-2017, 03:19 PM
Tamba might have 1 more year left as a part time player, Dadi won't even be on field again until 2018 and Houston turns 28 this month after being injured multiple times in key moments since 2013.

It's a strong OLB class and it's a really good year to get one. Right now our only depth is an old declining Tamba and Frank ****ing Zombo.

Sure I agree we could use some OLB depth, but with Ford and Houston we are still loaded for the future. Houston's injuries have been troublesome but 28 years old is still young for a pass rusher if you look at some of the monster seasons guys have had in their 30s over the last 10-15 years.

All for drafting another OLB at some point though if he's BPA.

DaneMcCloud
01-07-2017, 03:45 PM
After watching more of Mahomes, I don't think I'd take home before the 3rd. He's a long ways off.

I would really like to get a young stud at ilb to grow with the rest of the young d.

Well, as I've stated, if Dorsey chooses him in the 1st, I'm all good with it but if he doesn't, and gets him later, I'm good with that, too.

But IMO, it would be nice to get a developmental QB before the 5th round.

Mr. Laz
01-07-2017, 03:45 PM
we are probably going to have lots of needs so that's good.

Dorsey is a comp pick master.

Guard,WR,RB,TE(blocker)

MLB,NT,CB,S

8 real needs with FA and 11 picks to make it happen

KChiefs1
01-07-2017, 04:27 PM
Donks made out like bandits. Two 3rd rounders & a 4th. Damn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Easy 6
01-07-2017, 05:08 PM
Taking everyones word for it that 2018 is the year to go get a QB, lets not reach for it this year

Load up on players at ILB, OLB, RB etc this year

RunKC
01-07-2017, 05:23 PM
we are probably going to have lots of needs so that's good.

Dorsey is a comp pick master.

Guard,WR,RB,TE(blocker)

MLB,NT,CB,S

8 real needs with FA and 11 picks to make it happen

Not sure if I would consider those positions as "needs" except ILB. All of the other positions seem to just be depth.

I'm still leaning pass rusher at this point

DaneMcCloud
01-07-2017, 05:32 PM
Taking everyones word for it that 2018 is the year to go get a QB, lets not reach for it this year

Load up on players at ILB, OLB, RB etc this year

I don't think it would be a "reach" to take a guy that needs some development.

With the Chiefs drafting at the bottom of each round, they'll either need to trade away the farm for a chance at a guy or draft a developmental guy.

As much as some people seem to be against Mahomes in the late first, I feel better about developing him than Paxton Lynch, whom I never felt comfortable drafting.

Easy 6
01-07-2017, 05:43 PM
I don't think it would be a "reach" to take a guy that needs some development.

With the Chiefs drafting at the bottom of each round, they'll either need to trade away the farm for a chance at a guy or draft a developmental guy.

As much as some people seem to be against Mahomes in the late first, I feel better about developing him than Paxton Lynch, whom I never felt comfortable drafting.

Eh, its just my two bits on the matter... I'm not the draftnik many of you are, I'm learning though

But if 2018 is the stronger class, thats the one I'd rather pick from

Yet at the end of the day, I'm casting my lot with whatever John Dorsey and Andy Reid want to do... if they love Mahome or whoever, then by God snatch them up asap

This regime has earned my unwavering trust when it comes to the draft... rock solid all along, then capped it off with 2016 where they found Pro Bowl caliber starters on both sides of the ball

Theres no point in arguing with that IMO

milkman
01-07-2017, 05:55 PM
Eh, its just my two bits on the matter... I'm not the draftnik many of you are, I'm learning though

But if 2018 is the stronger class, thats the one I'd rather pick from

Yet at the end of the day, I'm casting my lot with whatever John Dorsey and Andy Reid want to do... if they love Mahome or whoever, then by God snatch them up asap

This regime has earned my unwavering trust when it comes to the draft... rock solid all along, then capped it off with 2016 where they found Pro Bowl caliber starters on both sides of the ball

Theres no point in arguing with that IMO

I am in no hurry to draft a QB, so I'm good with waiting until 2018.

Not a fan of Smith, but he isn't an anchor, and I fully expect he'll be the starter here for the next 2 years, so there's no rush.

If they do draft a developmental guy this year, however, I'd be all in on Josh Dobbs as a mid to late round flyer.

Nice arm talent, needs to put on some weight, and he has the kind of poise and compasure you just can't teach.

Easy 6
01-07-2017, 06:01 PM
Not a fan of Smith, but he isn't an anchor, and I fully expect he'll be the starter here for the next 2 years

Make it just one more year, and we'll call it a deal :D

Seriously, I do hate to be that way, and definitely didnt start out that way... I firmly recall the days of trolling Smith haters harshly when he got his big money extension

Laughing in their faces, rubbing it in

Its just that I'm ready for more of a gunslinger type at this point

Chiefaholic
01-07-2017, 06:23 PM
And if Chiefs wants to move up they can trade those picks.

I'm not 100% positive about this, but I'm pretty sure comp picks can't be traded.

milkman
01-07-2017, 06:26 PM
I'm not 100% positive about this, but I'm pretty sure comp picks can't be traded.

Nope.

Comp picks can now be traded.

RINGLEADER
01-07-2017, 07:39 PM
Hopefully Dorsey does what he did this year and trades out of the first for a second and fourth then uses the second second to trade for a 1st in 2018. Bonus if it is with Cleveland.

Mr. Laz
01-07-2017, 08:08 PM
Not sure if I would consider those positions as "needs" except ILB. All of the other positions seem to just be depth.

I'm still leaning pass rusher at this point

You don't think we needed depth this year?

everything is a need, just depends on which is the bigger priority

QBs and Pass rushers are always 'needed'

Coach
01-07-2017, 08:25 PM
You don't think we needed depth this year?

everything is a need, just depends on which is the bigger priority

QBs and Pass rushers are always 'needed'

The biggest issue in terms of depth is LB's. We're pretty thin on LB's (ILB) and will need to get some more OLB's, since Dadi Nichols most likely won't be available in 2017, Hali's role may be reduced due to age/wear and tear, and th wildcard is Houston's health.

You can't have enough pass-rushers, so I expect KC to get another one.

I also anticipate KC to find another OL and probably another DL.

Direckshun
01-07-2017, 08:43 PM
Donks made out like bandits. Two 3rd rounders & a 4th. Damn.

It does always seem like they are one step ahead of us.

It was so satisfying to can their asses twice this year.

Easy 6
01-07-2017, 09:03 PM
It does always seem like they are one step ahead of us.

It was so satisfying to can their asses twice this year.

Just wait until we sign another mercenary HOF QB!

/krankdickweed

kcchiefsus
01-07-2017, 09:40 PM
I would add that the 2018 QB class looks amazing and if we can't find that guy this year, I think the plan should be to stock up for a move in that draft.

LMAO at the Chiefs actually being successful at finding a QB.

Dunerdr
01-07-2017, 09:42 PM
I would say our actual needs are a high quality inside linebacker and imo we could use a higher quality running back, not knocking ware. And I think dorsey shown he's always after pass rushers,qbs, and linemen.

kcchiefsus
01-07-2017, 09:52 PM

Not a fan of Smith, but he isn't an anchor, and I fully expect he'll be the starter here for the next 2 years, so there's no rush.

If they do draft a developmental guy this year, however, I'd be all in on Josh Dobbs as a mid to late round flyer.

Nice arm talent, needs to put on some weight, and he has the kind of poise and compasure you just can't teach.

Then you're a fucking idiot.

Red Dawg
01-07-2017, 09:58 PM
Then you're a ****ing idiot.

The kid is electric. Full of potential. You sir are the idiot.

CoMoChief
01-07-2017, 11:02 PM
That Dobbs kid does look the part.

Has Alex Smith's legs (maybe faster)

But has a much better arm.

He's small though.

kcchiefsus
01-07-2017, 11:40 PM
The kid is electric. Full of potential. You sir are the idiot.

Wasn't a knock on Dobbs. Believing there is no rush to find a QB is what makes Milkman an idiot.

milkman
01-08-2017, 12:29 AM
Wasn't a knock on Dobbs. Believing there is no rush to find a QB is what makes Milkman an idiot.

No, dipshit, I am not a idiot.

I see no rush because I fully expect Alex Smith to be the starter for the next 2 seasons, at the least, and possibly more.

It is not my choice for that to happen.
It is what I expect happen.

Were it my choice, Alex Smith would never have been a KC QB.

BossChief
01-08-2017, 12:45 AM
I'm not much of a fan for trading for future picks.

I'd love to see them make moves by trading up, though.

Go up and grab some guys Dorsey thinks will be difference makers.

FAs this year and next...

Poe
Berry

Dee Ford (KC will need to exercise his option, or he becomes a FA after next season)
Sherman
Howard
Colquitt
Foles (if he's still here)
Gaines
Acker
LDT
Mitchell

That's potentially a huge offseason if guys make the jump a lot of players do between years 3 and 4.

This draft is a perfect draft to get some replacements and added competition at those spots.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
01-08-2017, 12:48 AM
I'm going to go ahead and say this team is in the best position of any NFL team going forward (talent wise, coaching and cap situation)

NJChiefsFan
01-08-2017, 01:52 AM

Poe
Berry

Dee Ford (KC will need to exercise his option, or he becomes a FA after next season)
Sherman
Howard
Colquitt
Gaines
Acker
LDT
Mitchell

That's potentially a huge offseason if guys make the jump a lot of players do between years 3 and 4.

This draft is a perfect draft to get some replacements and added competition at those spots.

I agree with your overall point but we also have a lot of contacts coming off soon, potentially by the 2018 off-season when the second list of guys need to get paid. Only Ford and possibly Howard will be big contacts.

Hoover
01-08-2017, 07:33 AM
Keep drafting olinemen and DBs in the middle rounds and free agency isn't so bad.

You let guys like LDT walk is you can't get them cheap. Let some other team pay them in free agency and then we get a comp pick.

KChiefs1
01-08-2017, 09:04 AM
Tell me about this amazing QB class in 2018.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chief Roundup
01-08-2017, 09:22 AM

Poe
Berry

Sherman
Howard
Colquitt
Gaines
Acker
LDT
Mitchell

Poe, Berry, Sorenson, Reyes, Wilson, Winchester and Santos are all important in their own ways this off season as well.

Gaines can be let go he sucks. I like LDT and all but RG is not an expensive position. Sherman is awesome but FB is also not an expensive position and how much do we really utilize him anyway??? Howard is expendable with Jones on the roster. Foles will be figured out this offseason with his huge cap number. I am hoping he is gone.

There are RFA and ERFA that will need to be signed in both the next couple of offseasons.

Chief Roundup
01-08-2017, 09:26 AM
We also need to be looking at ILB position. DJ is an unknown at this point, but Wilson and Liliard are both RFA in 2018 as well as Smith who is a ERFA. Mauga wil be a UFA then as well.

BryanBusby
01-08-2017, 09:33 AM

Dobbs? LMAO

Dobbs is more athlete than a QB.

His play was basically:
-Look at pre-determined target. Is he super covered? Yes? Okay, lets run.

Not super covered? Lets heave this pass and hope its on the mark.

His future is at WR.

saphojunkie
01-08-2017, 09:35 AM
More Ammo for Dorsey's replacement!!!

FYP

saphojunkie
01-08-2017, 09:36 AM
I'm going to go ahead and say this team is in the best position of any NFL team going forward (talent wise, coaching and cap situation)

You're gonna go ahead and be wrong, then.