PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs John Dorsey reportedly candidate for Packers GM

Pages : [1] 2

Chromatic
01-08-2017, 09:03 AM
Yeah, that would suck pretty fucking hard.

When the Packers face the Giants in Sunday's wild-card game, the focus will be on the field. But the future of the man who built the Packers is one that is being fiercely debated in Green Bay. How long 63-year-old general manager Ted Thompson, with two years left on his contract, continues in his current job is an open question.

Now, an intriguing name has emerged as a potential successor: Chiefs GM John Dorsey.

Dorsey, a former Packers player who cut his teeth in Green Bay under Hall of Fame architect Ron Wolf, has not yet signed a contract extension, sources said. He's in the final year of his deal, potentially opening the door to him leaving what he helped build in Kansas City to work at Lambeau Field.

Sources said Dorsey is incredibly well-regarded by the Packers executive committee, including President and CEO Mark Murphy, from his time as a scout, Director of College Scouting and Director of Football Operations. Timing would have to be perfect, but if Thompson steps away to take a senior scouting role as some involved believe, Dorsey would be in a position to step in this year.

Dorsey and coach Andy Reid have worked hand-in-hand over the past four years to build the Chiefs into a consistent winner, and they are seeded second in the AFC playoffs. The Chiefs intend to give a contract extension to Reid this offseason, a source said. After this year, Reid will be in the final year of his deal.

The list of successors to Thompson is an intriguing one. It includes Director of Football Operations Eliot Wolf, who interviewed this week for the 49ers' open GM job. While he was blocked from interviewing for the Lions' GM job last year, his interview this year means he could be leaving. There is also Russ Ball, the vice president of football administration, who is universally respected in the NFL and by the executive committee. Director of Player Personnel Brian Gutekunst and Senior Personnel Executive Alonzo Highsmith are among the talented members of the Packers' front office.

With Dorsey entering the picture, it adds some intrigue to the future of the Packers' front office.

Follow Ian Rapoport on Twitter @RapSheet.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000771313/article/chiefs-gm-john-dorsey-emerges-as-a-potential-packers-chief?campaign=Twitter_atn

Rasputin
01-08-2017, 09:05 AM
He is going to stay a Chief he has a GM job and he seems happy so why would he want to move on. Plus we are knocking down the door for a Super Bowl. Fuck maybe building something of a dynasty?

jjchieffan
01-08-2017, 09:09 AM
Ugh! Man I hope he stays here, but if there is anything at all to this story, them blocking Ballard from interviewing with the 49ers would make sense because Ballard could be the man they want to replace Dorsey. But why would Clark not already have extended him? Was this the plan all along? Was Dorsey promised that he would be free to leave for Green Bay when the GM spot came open? After all, he had turned down GM offers before. Maybe that was what it took to get him to take this one.

BryanBusby
01-08-2017, 09:14 AM
Wouldn't lose a single second of sleep over it.

Chris Ballard is arguably the best future GM there is and there's potential that the Chiefs could upgrade if he were to take the top job. There isn't a losing situation for the Chiefs here.

KChiefs1
01-08-2017, 09:15 AM
Is this why Ballard didn't interview with the 49ers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BryanBusby
01-08-2017, 09:16 AM

No. The 49ers are a dogshit franchise.

Direckshun
01-08-2017, 09:17 AM
Am I crazy for thinking that this is total bullshit?

This would be a lateral move. Would John Dorsey do that?

Holy ****ing shit -- is that why we denied 49ers access to Chris Ballard???

There is truly no justice in the NFL if this happens.

BryanBusby
01-08-2017, 09:19 AM
Yeah they blocked Tampa Bay awhile ago because they seen this day coming!

Good fucking god

OnTheWarpath15
01-08-2017, 09:24 AM

Possibly.

According to reports, Ballard was the Niners "1st, 2nd and 3rd choice".

KC denied SF permission to interview him, knowing they would lose him.

Direckshun
01-08-2017, 09:27 AM
There just truly is no justice of Dorsey lands this.

I don't mind our assistants getting promoted. I don't mind upward mobility in a football franchise. But when your GM potentially leaves for the exact same job somewhere else simply because it's more prestigious?

C'mon Clark. Close this deal. Lock Dorsey up.

Christ, teaming up Dorsey with Aaron Rodgers... The Pack would have a shot at 19-0 within 4 years.

OnTheWarpath15
Am I crazy for thinking that this is total bullshit?

This would be a lateral move. Would John Dorsey do that?

Holy ****ing shit -- is that why we denied 49ers access to Chris Ballard???

There is truly no justice in the NFL if this happens.

Ballard is the top GM candidate in the league right now.

I wouldn't be concerned in the slightest if he took the job.

chiefforlife
He actually built this team, i would think he would want to stick around and see it through rather than take over a team someone else built.

notorious
01-08-2017, 09:31 AM
Maybe Ballard is the genius and Dorsey is just a guy....

Buns
01-08-2017, 09:32 AM
Dorsey's wife is from Kansas so she would have to sign off on this. It doesn't seem like something Dorsey would do though.

saphojunkie
01-08-2017, 09:33 AM
Scott Pioli was the top GM candidate in the league, too. You don't fuck with success.

Back the fucking Brinks truck up.

saphojunkie
01-08-2017, 09:34 AM

That's not wishful thinking, at all, is it?

KChiefs1
01-08-2017, 09:35 AM

I think I've heard this before with some dude named Pioli...hmmmm.

Go Royals
Scott Pioli was the top GM candidate in the league, too. You don't **** with success.

Back the ****ing Brinks truck up.

Bingo

O.city
I'd prefer not to fuck with success.

Let's keep the band together

KChiefs1
Ballard is the top GM candidate in the league right now.

I wouldn't be concerned in the slightest if he took the job.

Replace Ballard with Pioli & tell me your thoughts.

OnTheWarpath15
01-08-2017, 09:37 AM
I'd prefer not to fuck with success.

Just a hunch, but I'm pretty confident that Ballard has had a role in this success.

pugsnotdrugs19
01-08-2017, 09:37 AM
At Dorsey's introductory press conference in 2013, he said to be the GM of the Chiefs had been his dream job since 1993 when he met his wife is the KC area.

notorious
01-08-2017, 09:38 AM
That's not wishful thinking, at all, is it?

End your post with ...... It creates an inpenetrable gray area where wishful thinking is safe.

O.city
01-08-2017, 09:38 AM
Just a hunch, but I'm pretty confident that Ballard has had a role in this success.

I'm sure he's played a role, but I'd just prefer we keep this train rolling.

Kman34
01-08-2017, 09:39 AM
Pay that man his money...

notorious
01-08-2017, 09:39 AM
At Dorsey's introductory press conference in 2013, he said to be the GM of the Chiefs had been his dream job since 1993 when he met his wife is the KC area.

He isn't going anywhere, but it's fun to watch posters shoot their tampons across the room.

ChiefsCountry
01-08-2017, 09:40 AM

There was quite a few people that didn't want Pioli when they hired him.

Bugeater
01-08-2017, 09:41 AM
Dorsey's wife is from Kansas so she would have to sign off on this. It doesn't seem like something Dorsey would do though.Posts like this always crack me up. Like you or anyone on this board know what type of guy he is or how he would feel about it.

kcpasco
01-08-2017, 09:43 AM
I wish someone would teabag Rapaport. Instead of the playoff game I get to read about endless speculation of us losing our GM.

BryanBusby
01-08-2017, 09:43 AM

Ah yes, Chris Ballard is also a psychopath. Tight.

OnTheWarpath15
01-08-2017, 09:44 AM
http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2017/1/8/14204392/chiefs-john-dorsey-is-a-potential-packers-gm-candidate-uh-what

I asked Clark Hunt about Reid’s contract during training camp this year and Terez Paylor followed up asking about Dorsey. Note he doesn’t answer the second question about Dorsey’s contract.

Q: You’re going into year four with Andy, have you talked at all about a contract extension?

HUNT: “It is not a conversation that we’ve had yet. I would expect at some point we will though.”

Q: Is that the same with John, is he on a five-year deal too?

HUNT: “Well as you know our contracts are not public, but leave it as, I am very satisfied with the job that both John and Andy are doing and hope that both will be part of the organization for a long time.”

Weird.

Reerun_KC
01-08-2017, 09:51 AM
He isn't going anywhere, but it's fun to watch posters shoot their tampons across the room.

Visit the Reid extension thread. Lots of bleeding in there already. Usual suspects didn't disappoint...

Direckshun
01-08-2017, 09:54 AM
I'd prefer not to **** with success.

Oh my god, this. A thousand times this.

COchief
01-08-2017, 10:02 AM

*Scott Pioli* is arguably the best future GM there is and there's potential that the Chiefs could upgrade if he were to take the top job. There isn't a losing situation for the Chiefs here.

Fixed so you can see what a dumbass you are, you never ever in any facet of business let a top performer leave for an unknown. Whatever you think of Chris Ballard is the same opinion every single fan and NFL front office had on Pioli, everyone knew "there wasn't losing situation for the Chiefs" if they could just land the executive of the year. How'd that work out pumpkin? Can you logic? Can you understand that the situation is the exact same and yet you seem to have learned nothing from the past? Do you understand that it's quite likely Dorsey=Belichick and Ballard=Pioli?

Enjoy not losing any sleep, bet you were out like a light when Cassel and Fat Scott rolled into town to sing you their beautiful swan song.

Direckshun
01-08-2017, 10:02 AM
What kind of playoff team GM's itself to success and then LOSES THEIR GM.

I get losing assistants and shit, but losing their own fucking GM? Kill me now.

We keep Dorsey/Reid, and we're in a Super Bowl within the next four years. We can't lose him.

mcaj22
01-08-2017, 10:04 AM
seriously, after emerging from the Fat Scott Pats Fraud era of Chiefs football. Where the coaching, GMing, roster moves, attracting good FAs, creating depth, developing players was COMPLETELY BOTTOM OF THE BARREL TERRIBLE. Oh and the fact that there were employee lawsuits on the administrative side of the franchise AND a MURDER SUICIDE... you would think, that we would want to keep this current success of Chiefs football as long as possible, and clearly the man behind it is Dorsey

From Pioli to Dorsey has been night and day and to even think an understudy can replicate that no matter how hot of a commodity they are is not something I want to chance.

It's literally like saying well the guy under Belichick, if we lose BB, we will be okay because we have _______ and he's getting interviews around the league. (Whoever that guy is, nobody knows or cares because he's a literal puppet, I know who he is, but its literally the Pioli role under BB, just a guy who follows BB's decisions)

Has a GM/executive that replaced a high profile GM ever continued the success? Who followed Polian in Buffalo and Indy? They were clearly terrible. Ryan Grigson is one of them, he is hot garbage, single handily ruined a franchise.

OnTheWarpath15
01-08-2017, 10:09 AM
Fixed so you can see what a dumbass you are, you never ever in any facet of business let a top performer leave for an unknown. Whatever you think of Chris Ballard is the same opinion every single fan and NFL front office had on Pioli, everyone knew "there wasn't losing situation for the Chiefs" if they could just land the executive of the year. How'd that work out pumpkin? Can you logic? Can you understand that the situation is the exact same and yet you seemed to have learned nothing from the past? Do you understand that it's quite likely Dorsey=Belichick and Ballard=Pioli?

Enjoy not losing any sleep, bet you were out like a light when Cassel and Fat Scott rolled into town to comfort you.

The difference here is that Ballard has worked with Dorsey/Reid for the last 4 years. He's far from an unknown, and if we're blocking him from interviewing for jobs in which he's the "1st, 2nd and 3rd choice" then I think he'd pretty well regarded in the building.

It's comical to see people flip shit over losing Dorsey who has become GM Jesus around here, but that it would be this massive downgrade to replace Dorsey with the guy who supplies him with the majority of the data used to make decisions.

kcpasco
Not gonna hit the panic button yet but it would be so Chiefs.

COchief
seriously, after emerging from the Fat Scott Pats Fraud era of Chiefs football. Where the coaching, GMing, roster moves, attracting good FAs, creating depth, developing players was COMPLETELY BOTTOM OF THE BARREL TERRIBLE. Oh and the fact that there were employee lawsuits on the administrative side of the franchise AND a MURDER SUICIDE... you would think, that we would want to keep this current success of Chiefs football as long as possible, and clearly the man behind it is Dorsey

From Pioli to Dorsey has been night and day and to even think an understudy can replicate that no matter how hot of a commodity they are is not something I want to chance.

It's literally like saying well the guy under Belichick, if we lose BB, we will be okay because we have _______ and he's getting interviews around the league. (Whoever that guy is, nobody knows or cares because he's a literal puppet, I know who he is, but its literally the Pioli role under BB, just a guy who follows BB's decisions)

Has a GM/executive that replaced a high profile GM ever continued the success? Who followed Polian in Buffalo and Indy? They were clearly terrible. Ryan Grigson is one of them, he is hot garbage, single handily ruined a franchise.

Beat you to it but great minds....

BryanBusby
Fixed so you can see what a dumbass you are, you never ever in any facet of business let a top performer leave for an unknown. Whatever you think of Chris Ballard is the same opinion every single fan and NFL front office had on Pioli, everyone knew "there wasn't losing situation for the Chiefs" if they could just land the executive of the year. How'd that work out pumpkin? Can you logic? Can you understand that the situation is the exact same and yet you seem to have learned nothing from the past? Do you understand that it's quite likely Dorsey=Belichick and Ballard=Pioli?

Enjoy not losing any sleep, bet you were out like a light when Cassel and Fat Scott rolled into town to sing you their beautiful swan song.
LMAO

Some of you are really, really dumb. How do you know, in your own scenario, that Ballard isn't actually "Tom Brady" and "Belichick" is just riding off his work?

Oh yeah, you don't fucking know.

chiefzilla1501
01-08-2017, 10:10 AM

Has a GM/executive that replaced a high profile GM ever continued the success? Who followed Polian in Buffalo and Indy? They were clearly terrible. Ryan Grigson is one of them, he is hot garbage.

If Dorsey leaves, I have no doubt it was because he was going to go to Green Bay no matter what, regardless of the contract.

I'd be shocked if Clark Hunt didn't roll out the red carpet to keep him there.

It's just a really unusual situation where Dorsey has everything he wants, but he could be offered a job with a team that would also give him everything he wants. Both teams have a good roster, good front office, a good and patient owner, and a head coach he'd love to work with. I don't think he's going anywhere but I have confidence it won't be because the Chiefs didn't give him an outstanding offer.

COchief
01-08-2017, 10:12 AM
The difference here is that *Pioli* has worked with Belichick for the last 4 years. He's far from an unknown, and if we're blocking *Pioli* from interviewing for jobs in which he's the "1st, 2nd and 3rd choice" then I think he'd pretty well regarded in the NFL.

It's comical to see people flip shit over losing Belichick who has become Jesus around here, but that it would be this massive downgrade to replace Belichick with the guy who supplies him with the majority of the data used to make decisions.

This is so easy it hurts...

Chiefaholic
01-08-2017, 10:14 AM
Hunt isn't Jerry Jones. He allows his GM/coach to run the franchise and doesn't interfere. He was willing once before to pay the man what it took to get him, and he'll do it again. He can't change what's in a man's heart, but you can damn sure bet he'll pay whatever it takes to keep him.

Titty Meat
01-08-2017, 10:15 AM
What kind of playoff team GM's itself to success and then LOSES THEIR GM.

I get losing assistants and shit, but losing their own ****ing GM? Kill me now.

We keep Dorsey/Reid, and we're in a Super Bowl within the next four years. We can't lose him.

Because Chiefs.

BryanBusby
01-08-2017, 10:16 AM
I mean really, some of you are hilarious LMAO

"Fuck Dorsey get him out! Oh fuck he's gonna leave for GREEN BAY!!!!!!!1@1!!!!!!!!"
"Andy Reid liks dik!!!!! We're number 2 seed Andy needs an extension!!!!!!!!!!!!"

You're arguing that it can only end in aids because oh em gee Scott Pioli! I mean ignore that the entire Patriots tree is aids and in no way represents the entire league but OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The whole thing is clickbait speculation to start and good god abort yourselves. Instead of flipping the fuck out, maybe get excited that Ballard may not have the same love for our tinyhands QB that Dorsey does and would replace the fucker.

KCUnited
01-08-2017, 10:17 AM
Dorsey's wife is from Kansas so she would have to sign off on this. It doesn't seem like something Dorsey would do though.

LMAO

Can't imagine all the work he'd have to put in to pry his wife from Kansas.

COchief
01-08-2017, 10:17 AM
LMAO

Some of you are really, really dumb. How do you know, in your own scenario, that Ballard isn't actually "Tom Brady" and "Belichick" is just riding off his work?

Oh yeah, you don't ****ing know.

Your brain is amazing, so "won't lose sleep" and "replacing with guy who feeds him all info" are OK to post as statements. And now "we just don't know"?

You just made my point for me: Current proven leader and winner with virtually zero F-ups with tons of scrap heap wins, draft wins, FA wins, and virtually nothing negative in 4 years. You absolutely do not replace that unless you have to with an "unknown", "unknowns" lead to scouting candy wrappers instead of QBs.

OnTheWarpath15
01-08-2017, 10:18 AM
This is so easy it hurts...

You're right. Making yourself look stupid is so easy it must hurt.

If you can't see the difference between hiring an outsider with a "reputation" versus a guy who has worked in the building for 4 years and supplied Dorsey with 90+% of the data that he used to make decisions, then I can't help you.

And people think I'm negative. Holy shit, the amount of vaginal bleeding in this thread is off the charts. If Dorsey wants to be here, and Clark wants him here, he'll sign an extension.

If Dorsey doesn't want to be here, or Clark prefers Ballard, he won't.

I'm confident that the organization won't miss a beat if Dorsey was to leave.

BryanBusby
01-08-2017, 10:19 AM
Your brain is amazing, so "won't lose sleep" and "replacing with guy who feeds him all info" are OK to post as statements. And now "we just don't know"?

You just made my point for me: Current proven leader and winner with virtually zero F-ups with tons of scrap heap wins, draft wins, FA wins, and virtually nothing negative in 4 years. You absolutely do not replace that unless you have to with an "unknown", "unknowns" lead to scouting candy wrappers instead of QBs.
Haha no, you have no point. You're fucking stupid.

Otter
01-08-2017, 10:20 AM
Hunt has simply got to find a way to retain Dorsey by any means necessary. Ether rag him and tie him up down in the basement of Arrowhead if need be.

BigRedChief
01-08-2017, 10:21 AM

The Chiefs know this is coming. That's why they refused to give Chris Ballard permission to talk to several teams about their open GM positions.

That's pretty rare in the NFL to block someone from taking a clearly better position. Unless some assurances have been made to Chris that the GM job is yours when Dorsey leaves. Then it makes sense.

BryanBusby
01-08-2017, 10:22 AM
The Chiefs know this is coming. That's why they refused to give Chris Ballard permission to talk to several teams about their open GM positions.

That's pretty rare in the NFL to block someone from taking a clearly better position. Unless some assurances have been made to Chris that the GM job is yours when Dorsey leaves. Then it makes sense.
So rare they did it not long ago when Tampa called!

kcpasco
01-08-2017, 10:24 AM
The timing on this article sucks. I wake up in a good mood hoping to read something good on the upcoming Chiefs playoff game. Now I wish the reporter who stirred this up would get tossed from the highest of buildings.

COchief
01-08-2017, 10:24 AM
Haha no, you have no point. You're ****ing stupid.

Thanks for responding to "Can you logic?" in such a clear and concise manner.

TEX
01-08-2017, 10:26 AM
The timing on this article sucks. I wake up in a good mood hoping to read something good on the upcoming Chiefs playoff game. Now I wish the reporter who stirred this up would get tossed from the highest of buildings.

No coincidence of the timing, I'm sure. Even thought its a ,"kinda-maybe-possibly" story, distractions are not needed now...:shake:

milkman
01-08-2017, 10:29 AM
You're right. Making yourself look stupid is so easy it must hurt.

If you can't see the difference between hiring an outsider with a "reputation" versus a guy who has worked in the building for 4 years and supplied Dorsey with 90+% of the data that he used to make decisions, then I can't help you.

And people think I'm negative. Holy shit, the amount of vaginal bleeding in this thread is off the charts. If Dorsey wants to be here, and Clark wants him here, he'll sign an extension.

If Dorsey doesn't want to be here, or Clark prefers Ballard, he won't.

I'm confident that the organization won't miss a beat if Dorsey was to leave.

The fact remains, while Ballard is a big part of the decision process, Dorsey has made the final decisions, and while Ballard is highly thought of in the building, he is an unproven commodity.

There is no wrong answer here.
You do what can if you are Hunt to retain the man that has done an outstanding job of team building, and if you can't get it done, you let the chips fall where they may and hope for the best.

BigRedChief
01-08-2017, 10:30 AM
So rare they did it not long ago when Tampa called!tampa, SF or 10 other teams doesn't matter, they are blocking one guy from upper mobility in his career. That's the "rare" part. The fact that he is still with the Chiefs tells us that he has received assurances that they are not holding him back but want you for the GM position with the Chiefs when Dorsey leaves.

Dinny Bossa Nova
01-08-2017, 10:30 AM
Welp.

I say they dump Dorsey and Reid both after this season and bring in some guys that will cut Alex and draft a QB in the first round so we can finally get this team on the right track and start winning games the right way.

WHO'S WITH ME?????

Dinny

Otter
01-08-2017, 10:31 AM
This stuff should really be held off until the season is over.

COchief

Agreed, I would also say I'm a little pissed off that Clark allowed this situation to happen period. You find someone like Dorsey and you lock that shit down as long as you can. If Dorsey faps to Green and Gold on a nightly basis then fine nothing can be done about that, otherwise that man does not leave town.

TEX
Welp.

I say they dump Dorsey and Reid both after this season and bring in some guys that will cut Alex and draft a QB in the first round so we can finally get this team on the right track and start winning games the right way.

WHO'S WITH ME?????

Dinny

I hope NOBODY that COUNTS!!!!!

Otter
Welp.

WHO'S WITH ME?????

Dinny Your ass is showing.

chiefzilla1501
01-08-2017, 10:33 AM

I'm with you. It doesn't sound like you're saying Ballard sucks. You're saying there's at least some risk. I agree.

We'd be moving from a known outstanding GM to an unknown who has outstanding potential. That's a high bar. And there is still a possibility that he doesn't end up great. Countless examples of all-world personnel guys who ended up mediocre in another chair. In Ballard's defense, unlike Patriots cronies, Ballard was successful in several organizations. But one thing that does concern me a little... if Dorsey hit the market, he'd be on every team's top 2. Ballard's been on the market for a few years, and there are 3 good opportunities (Chicago, Tennessee, Tampa) where he was passed on. Actually, many believe Ballard wasn't hired in Chicago because he was part of a regime that left that team a mess. So yeah... I won't lose sleep if he's our guy, but i'd really prefer not to risk something that's going so well.

BryanBusby
01-08-2017, 10:34 AM
tampa, SF or 10 other teams doesn't matter, they are blocking one guy from upper mobility in his career. That's the "rare" part. The fact that he is still with the Chiefs tells us that he has received assurances that they are not holding him back but want you for the GM position with the Chiefs when Dorsey leaves.
If the Chiefs were trying to preserve Ballard because they knew Dorsey was jetting, they wouldn't of let him interview for the Bears job. It's easier for the Chiefs to say no for him when he doesn't want to tell a franchise he doesn't want their shitty job.

You guys are grasping at shit.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Some guys are being advised by their personnel network to steer clear of <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/49ers?src=hash">#49ers</a> job. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Patriots?src=hash">#Patriots</a> Caserio absolutely was. <a href="https://t.co/KwtYSHqDSO">https://t.co/KwtYSHqDSO</a></p>&mdash; Charles Robinson (@CharlesRobinson) <a href="https://twitter.com/CharlesRobinson/status/817895064974331905">January 8, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

saphojunkie
01-08-2017, 10:34 AM
Haha no, you have no point. You're fucking stupid.

Between you and OTW it's like Idiot Day and the parade marches straight through CP.

BryanBusby
01-08-2017, 10:35 AM
Thanks for responding to "Can you logic?" in such a clear and concise manner.
You're welcome.

You can bring up Scott Pioli until your dick falls off, but the comparison doesn't work. There's risk even if Dorsey stays and in result Ballard leaves.

You're fear mongering over bullshit speculation.

OnTheWarpath15
01-08-2017, 10:36 AM
The fact remains, while Ballard is a big part of the decision process, Dorsey has made the final decisions, and while Ballard is highly thought of in the building, he is an unproven commodity.

There is no wrong answer here.
You do what can if you are Hunt to retain the man that has done an outstanding job of team building, and if you can't get it done, you let the chips fall where they may and hope for the best.

He maybe unproven to fans who don't know/understand the role of a Director of Player Personnel, but he's certainly not unproven to those in the building.

Dorsey may end up signing an extension. But you have to admit, there's a ton of smoke here. It seems odd to me that it's gotten this late in the process.

OnTheWarpath15
01-08-2017, 10:38 AM
If the Chiefs were trying to preserve Ballard because they knew Dorsey was jetting, they wouldn't of let him interview for the Bears job. It's easier for the Chiefs to say no for him when he doesn't want to tell a franchise he doesn't want their shitty job.

You guys are grasping at shit.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Some guys are being advised by their personnel network to steer clear of <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/49ers?src=hash">#49ers</a> job. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Patriots?src=hash">#Patriots</a> Caserio absolutely was. <a href="https://t.co/KwtYSHqDSO">https://t.co/KwtYSHqDSO</a></p>&mdash; Charles Robinson (@CharlesRobinson) <a href="https://twitter.com/CharlesRobinson/status/817895064974331905">January 8, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

There wasn't any talk of the Packers job being open when Ballard interviewed for the Bears job last year. And from what I've read, Ballard didn't want the Bears job and was extremely critical of the organization in his interview.

nychief
01-08-2017, 10:38 AM
This is not a rumor... it's a connect the dots report.

Dorsey will have a contact extension with Reid this off season.

dirk digler
01-08-2017, 10:39 AM
Well this sucks. I can't believe he doesn't have the same contract length as Reid.

OnTheWarpath15
01-08-2017, 10:40 AM
Between you and OTW it's like Idiot Day and the parade marches straight through CP.

You're too negative, they said. Never say anything positive about the organization, they said.

Now I'm an idiot for thinking the organization is in fine shape should this report come to pass.

BigRedChief
01-08-2017, 10:41 AM
This is not a rumor... it's a connect the dots report.

Dorsey will have a contact extension with Reid this off season.and that would be a good thing. Allow Ballard to take another job. He becomes successful. Dorsey and Reid leave in 5 years, we bring Ballard back.:)

The Bad Guy
01-08-2017, 10:42 AM
To me, this is just a leverage play by Dorsey's agent.

milkman
01-08-2017, 10:43 AM
He maybe unproven to fans who don't know/understand the role of a Director of Player Personnel, but he's certainly not unproven to those in the building.

Dorsey may end up signing an extension. But you have to admit, there's a ton of smoke here. It seems odd to me that it's gotten this late in the process.

Sorry, OT, but he is a proven commodity in his current role, but that still doesn't prove that he can succeed with the role he would be promoted to.

The Bad Guy
01-08-2017, 10:46 AM
Ballard himself has declined interviews because he wanted to stay in Kansas City because of the stability it has brought his family. His kids are in high school I believe.

This isn't the Chiefs holding him back, nor do I think it's Dorsey knowing he's going to Green Bay.

COchief
01-08-2017, 10:47 AM
There's risk even if Dorsey stays and in result Ballard leaves.

Now there's risk? What happened to not losing a second's sleep about it?

You're my favorite type of brilliance, what step are we on now? Been through denial, anger, and it appears we've almost reached acceptance. You're almost there buddy. Is amends around the corner?

No parallels to Pioli? Did NE have a proven winner and boss? Did they stick with the proven winner and boss? Did they let the underling leave even though there was "risk"? Did they win a super bowl? Does proven always beat unproven? Do you have anything but name calling left to offer?

BigRedChief
01-08-2017, 10:49 AM
Ballard himself has declined interviews because he wanted to stay in Kansas City because of the stability it has brought his family. His kids are in high school I believe.

This isn't the Chiefs holding him back, nor do I think it's Dorsey knowing he's going to Green Bay.i thought it was public knowledge that they had refused to allow teams to talk to Ballard?

Sofa King
Scott Pioli was the top GM candidate in the league, too. You don't **** with success.

Back the ****ing Brinks truck up.

This

Sofa King

This isn't the Chiefs holding him back, nor do I think it's Dorsey knowing he's going to Green Bay.

And this

BigRedChief
01-08-2017, 10:51 AM
Sorry, OT, but he is a proven commodity in his current role, but that still doesn't prove that he can succeed with the role he would be promoted to.This is true. It would be stupid for the Chiefs to let Dorsey leave because they "think" they have his replacement in place already within the organization. He may be, he may not be.

Titty Meat
01-08-2017, 10:51 AM
Isn't Dorseys wife from here? Seems strange he'd leave his friend Andy and the city his wife is from.

B2chiefsfan
01-08-2017, 10:53 AM
This is all rubbish... move along... nothing to here...

OnTheWarpath15
01-08-2017, 10:54 AM

I certainly don't disagree with the bolded, but it's been widely reported that we denied SF the opportunity to speak to Ballard.

Personally, I don't give a shit either way. We're fine with Dorsey, we'll be fine with Ballard.

The most interesting thing to me about all this is that we've gotten this late in the game. Odd that this wasn't wrapped up this time last year, or over the offseason like Andy likely will be. (extended a year in advance)

BigRedChief
01-08-2017, 10:55 AM
Isn't Dorseys wife from here? Seems strange he'd leave his friend Andy and the city his wife is from.they met on a blind date at Jack Stack BBQ. She graduated from KU. Works for a KC law firm for 15 years but worked remote in Wisconsin.

saphojunkie
01-08-2017, 10:55 AM
You're too negative, they said. Never say anything positive about the organization, they said.

Now I'm an idiot for thinking the organization is in fine shape should this report come to pass.

LMAO

Fair point

BryanBusby
01-08-2017, 10:57 AM
Now there's risk? What happened to not losing a second's sleep about it?

You're my favorite type of brilliance, what step are we on now? Been through denial, anger, and it appears we've almost reached acceptance. You're almost there buddy. Is amends around the corner?

No parallels to Pioli? Did NE have a proven winner and boss? Did they stick with the proven winner and boss? Did they let the underling leave even though there was "risk"? Did they win a super bowl? Does proven always beat unproven? Do you have anything but name calling left to offer?
You're grasping for straws, but you're still fucking stupid in the end.

There's risk regardless of what happens, yeah. Welcome to the fucking real world.

And no, Ballard and Pioli aren't alike and holy fuck why are we even talking about this. One would be an internal promotion and the other was a recommendation from a drunk owner that gave a 3 minute speech between Martini glasses. They've watched Ballard do his job every fucking day for years now and have a way to accurately chart his performance, without any form of outside speculation.

Ballard, being an internal promotion, likely isn't going to ignore his entire fucking scouting department and draft Tyson Jackson 3rd overall pick.

Outside of a lower rung guy getting the top job, they aren't fucking comparable at all.

Sometimes, believe it or not (good luck getting this into your pea sized brain), teams promote internally and get even better. The Browns had a badass personnel department, moved to Baltimore, promoted some guy named Ozzie and drafted 2 Hall of Famers right away.

My point is we don't even fucking know if the Packers really think Dorsey is the guy they are targeting ("The Packers like Dorsey." Well, I sure fucking hope so considering they drafted the guy as a player and gave him a job in the FO) and nobody really knows if Ballard would be an upgrade/downgrade. Could be the same old shit rolling forward.

You seem convinced otherwise and are shoving words into my mouth. Fuck your couch.

If you can't tell the difference of the Chiefs state of the Franchise Today vs. January 2009 than really, you should probably go do something else with your free time.

If Dorsey goes than shit that sucks, but I don't blame him. The Packers fucking drafted the guy and let him be a Green Bay Packer. When he was done playing they gave him an opportunity to eventually work his way to where he is now. They gave the guy a living. The Packers Franchise is the most prestigious in the NFL. Dorsey probably wouldn't be the only fucker to bolt for that job, if they could.

The Chiefs are in such a better place now and have an actual foundation in place, and a guy with high potential to take that lead role if it were to happen. Sure there's risk, but the risk is so much lower than 8 years ago.

saphojunkie
01-08-2017, 10:58 AM
"There are unknowns" =/="Not gonna lose a minute of sleep."

RunKC
01-08-2017, 10:59 AM

Ballard would be a good GM IMO, but Dorsey is elite. He might be the best in the whole damn league.

Drafting 3 all-pro's in 4 years. Those are some damn big shoes to fill

kcpasco
01-08-2017, 10:59 AM
Stirring the pot before an important playoff game. Horse face on the phone starting up rumors?

BryanBusby
01-08-2017, 11:03 AM
"There are unknowns" =/="Not gonna lose a minute of sleep."
Well since you're fucking psychic, tell us how it will play out. You and COChief.

BigRedChief
01-08-2017, 11:05 AM
And no, Ballard and Pioli aren't alike and holy fuck why are we even talking about this. One would be an internal promotion and the other was a recommendation from a drunk owner that gave a 3 minute speech between Martinin glasses .Hunt is a drunk?

The Bad Guy
i thought it was public knowledge that they had refused to allow teams to talk to Ballard?

If Ballard wanted to interview for the job, they wouldn't refuse.

They allowed permission for the Bucs, Titans, Bears and one other team to interview him over the last 3 years. He declined the Bucs interview.

He only interviewed with Titans and Bears, IIRC.

BryanBusby
Hunt is a drunk?
Definitely would be Kraft.

The Bad Guy
01-08-2017, 11:06 AM
I certainly don't disagree with the bolded, but it's been widely reported that we denied SF the opportunity to speak to Ballard.

Personally, I don't give a shit either way. We're fine with Dorsey, we'll be fine with Ballard.

The most interesting thing to me about all this is that we've gotten this late in the game. Odd that this wasn't wrapped up this time last year, or over the offseason like Andy likely will be. (extended a year in advance)

It was reported last week that Ballard himself declined the interview.

Just like he declined the interview with Tampa 2 years ago.

If the Chiefs are refusing permission, it's because Ballard really doesn't want to interview there.

Buns
01-08-2017, 11:07 AM
LMAO

Can't imagine all the work he'd have to put in to pry his wife from Kansas.

Yeah but to Wisconsin?

BigRedChief
01-08-2017, 11:07 AM
Definitely would be Kraft.if you have Belicheck as your coach you can be a drunk Owner.:hmmm:

COchief
01-08-2017, 11:08 AM

Definitely putting words into your mouth... or just quoting your first post in the thread.

This is where you may want to look at the scoreboard of the thread and see you had one confidant who quickly sailed off. You also may want to try a different insult than intelligence level, you never know when you're flinging that at a person who was administered a government IQ test and scored high enough for Mensa. Not saying I did, but much like the entire thread, you just never know.

BryanBusby
01-08-2017, 11:08 AM
if you have Belicheck as your coach you can be a drunk Owner.:hmmm:
Yes. I wish I had the gig of drinking and hanging around hot women all day.

COchief
01-08-2017, 11:11 AM
Well since you're ****ing psychic, tell us how it will play out. You and COChief.

Easy

proven elite GM > unproven dude with a fancy title cruising on that elite GM's reputation

BryanBusby
01-08-2017, 11:12 AM
Definitely putting words into your mouth... or just quoting your first post in the thread.

This is where you may want to look at the scoreboard of the thread and see you had one confidant who quickly sailed off. You also may want to try a different insult than intelligence level, you never know when you're flinging that at a person who was administered a government IQ test and scored high enough for Mensa. Not saying I did, but much like the entire thread, you just never know.
Well than, they hired one stupid son of a bitch to administer IQ tests. I guess you make the test takers feel smarter, which gives them confidence.

I'm not going to lose any sleep because the Chiefs have a strong foundation in place and a very promising executive in place to take the lead, if it leads to that. There's no way to guarantee zero risk in a move, so I would never say that. I wouldn't lose any sleep over a game anyhow, but that's besides the point.

For the record, your IQ is roughly the same as a house plant and I don't buy any of that shit.

Easy

proven elite GM > unproven dude with a fancy title cruising on that elite GM's reputation
And how do you know that the "proven elite GM" (funny how the narrative about him has changed so quickly!) isn't elite because there's an elite system in place? Sure he would be responsible for building it, yes, but how do you not know that things will be just fine with the system still in place? Easy answer is, you don't. I don't either, but I'd say the strong quality drafts from top to bottom and the fact that teams are trying to poach our talent every single fucking year would lead me to believe that the Chiefs have a great system in place and would be able to continue on just fine.

I don't think you really quite comprehend why Pioli went South here.

OnTheWarpath15
01-08-2017, 11:14 AM
Ballard would be a good GM IMO, but Dorsey is elite. He might be the best in the whole damn league.

Drafting 3 all-pro's in 4 years. Those are some damn big shoes to fill

Who do you think was responsible for the scouting/leg work that led to drafting those 3 AP's?

KChiefs1
01-08-2017, 11:20 AM
This is all rubbish... move along... nothing to here...

Good. I feel better now.

TribalElder
01-08-2017, 11:35 AM
Why would anyone want to go to Wisconsin and leave Missouri?

COchief
01-08-2017, 11:43 AM
I don't think you really quite comprehend why Pioli went South here.

Pioli was unsuccessful due to his detrimental ego and inability to see when everyone around him was telling him the obvious, but he was so dug into his own foolish narrative coupled with a need to prove everyone wrong about Castle. It's almost as if he jumped on a stance on Cassel and rather than admit he was wrong he kept spinning and digging until it led to his demise.

Whew, I can barely keep up with all the Pioli parallels happening here. Now please continue defending Matt Cas...oh whoops, I meant keep defending your stance that Dorsey leaving wouldn't matter and we'd be just fine.

Titty Meat
01-08-2017, 11:46 AM
they met on a blind date at Jack Stack BBQ. She graduated from KU. Works for a KC law firm for 15 years but worked remote in Wisconsin.

Martin City location I'd imagine?

scho63
01-08-2017, 11:49 AM
Isn't it funny that the ONLY playoff team that all the rumors are circulating about many of their personnel is OUR Chiefs?

Ballard, Toub, Dorsey so far.

Sounds like all the other teams are afraid of us and trying to stir up some shit!

AJKCFAN
01-08-2017, 11:56 AM
This could just be leverage to get paid more when he deservedly gets extended.

Always remember more than anything else about Dorsey what he said when introduced as Chiefs GM

http://fox4kc.com/2013/01/14/dorsey-this-is-my-dream-job/

Now what could possibly have happened to make him think about leaving? Unless he has found out last four years it's not enjoyable working for Clark or with Reid, nothing.

And there's not been anything reported about him being unhappy here.

My money is on Dorsey and Reid being extended this offseason regardless of how the Chiefs season finishes....

13and3
01-08-2017, 12:02 PM
Has any gm ever made a parallel move without being fired first?

DaneMcCloud
01-08-2017, 12:09 PM
1. Dorsey called the Chiefs his "dream" job.
2. Dorsey's wife works for a KC firm.
3. Dorsey and Reid are admitted best friends.
4. Dorsey's done a spectacular job since inheriting a 2-14 dysfunctional team.
5. Dorsey built the #2 seed in the AFC in 2016.

All of those are truths. Now, the Green Bay gig:

1. Ted Thompson is still employed.
2. Dorsey worked in Green Bay for 23 years and left as Director of College Scouting after declining numerous offers to interview as a GM until the Chiefs called.
3. Dorsey's wife lives in KC.
4. Dorsey has never shown any public displeasure with the Chiefs. No one in the media has reported that he'd consider leaving, under any circumstance.
5. Money is always a factor and it's a well known truth that Green Bay has less than most franchises due to its unique ownership.

This is much ado about nothing.

pugsnotdrugs19
01-08-2017, 12:12 PM

2. Dorsey worked in Green Bay for 23 years and left as Director of College Scouting after declining numerous offers to interview as a GM until the Chiefs called.
4. Dorsey has never shown any public displeasure with the Chiefs. No one in the media has reported that he'd consider leaving, under any circumstance.
5. Money is always a factor and it's a well known truth that Green Bay has less than most franchises due to its unique ownership.

Maybe your best post.

RunKC
01-08-2017, 12:36 PM

Ted Thompson has been on thin ice for 2 years. The dumb bastard refuses to use FA and Aaron Rodgers is the only thing still propping him up.
As for Dorsey's wife, I'm sure the law firm that she's worked at for years would accommodate her the same way they did when they were in GB before.

I believe Dorsey will stay, but I also believe that GB will try to interview him as well. Fortunately we have a capable man waiting in Ballard.

Easy 6
01-08-2017, 12:39 PM
So now Dorsey is a very replaceable cog in the machine for some of you, acting like people who'd rather not lose the best GM we've had in my lifetime are just a bunch of overreacting crybabies :facepalm:

This would be ****ing terrible, horrible, no damn good and I pray it never happens

Mr. Laz
01-08-2017, 12:41 PM
Either Dorsey's heart is in Green Bay and he will end up there no matter what

or

it's a lateral move and there is no point to this discussion because there's almost nothing that Green Bay can give that KC cannot

i doubt there is much to this, Green Bay can 'want' all it wants but that doesn't mean anything.

I want Scarlett Johansson to sit on my face but that isn't happening either.

obligatory hot pic

http://www.herinterest.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Scarlett-Johansson-3-640x1024.jpg

OnTheWarpath15
01-08-2017, 12:41 PM

Can't argue any of this, yet Dorsey's contract is set to expire on Friday.

Titty Meat
01-08-2017, 12:46 PM

Whoa that's crazy.

BossChief
01-08-2017, 12:47 PM
If Dorseys contract was 4 years, would Ballards contract be of similar length?

There were multiple reports that Ballard didn't want to interview for the 49ers job and that's why he wasn't granted permission.

BossChief
01-08-2017, 12:48 PM

Friday? Really?

DaneMcCloud
01-08-2017, 12:49 PM

I think that's a smart move, likely decided by his agent.

Why not get every penny he can?

BossChief
01-08-2017, 12:52 PM
I think that's a smart move, likely decided by his agent.

Why not get every penny he can?

Dorsey has an agent? I guess I never thought of that.

OnTheWarpath15
01-08-2017, 12:55 PM
Friday? Really?

He signed his deal on January 12, 2013.

Now, maybe there is a clause in there that it's on the actual expiration date, or the day following the season's end - but regardless, this has drug out way further than it should considering what he's accomplished in those 4 years.

Mr. Laz
01-08-2017, 12:55 PM
I'm shocked that Dorsey hasn't already been extended.

I'm thinking that it's Dorsey that's waiting.

Hunt would stick with the current setup forever if he could.

I'm surprised that it was only a 4 year deal to begin with.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-08-2017, 12:59 PM
The Chiefs would NEVER do anything to shoot themselves in the ass...

OnTheWarpath15
01-08-2017, 01:02 PM
If Dorseys contract was 4 years, would Ballards contract be of similar length?

I can't find anything on the length of Ballard's deal, but he was hired in May, so he would be locked up at least through then.

Dunerdr
01-08-2017, 01:12 PM
Can you imagine the conspiracies about dorsey not getting us a qb if he did leave?!

Dunerdr
01-08-2017, 01:14 PM
But if their cotracts are expiring why would Ballard not be shopping himself around

Dunerdr
01-08-2017, 01:17 PM
Because he also has guaranteed work in greenbay! Que the Dr evil picture.

go bo
01-08-2017, 01:27 PM
End your post with ...... It creates an inpenetrable gray area where wishful thinking is safe.

hey!! i resemble that remark!!

what's wrong with having a few ... at the end of every sentence?

all the cool kids do it...

KCUnited
01-08-2017, 01:37 PM
Yeah but to Wisconsin?

I can accept that, but someone's spouse being from Kansas isn't stopping anything. My office and family are in Kansas and I work remotely due to my spouse taking a job she thought was a better opportunity for her.

Dorsey may very well stay in KC but it'll be due to the gig/money and not because his wife is from Kansas.

Meatloaf
01-08-2017, 01:38 PM
I'm kinda wondeering if Dorsey's contract doesn't call for an "out" should the GB GM job open up. Not that he'd need it with the contract apparently expiring shortly, but it does seem a bit unusual that Clark would wait this long to extend Dorsey. Methinks something is up and that it's mostly dependent on Dorsey, not Clark. I cannot imagine Clark not wanting to extend Dorsey, nor do I see Clark attempting to get Dorsey "on the cheap". As with others on CP, I just don't see Clark as cheap. Rather, i think he's an excellent "mondy guy" but even a better team owner. No doubt this will all get straightened out in the near term. Until then, let's kick the Steelers!!!

beach tribe
01-08-2017, 01:48 PM
How in the fuck is this guy at the end of his contract?

As I was shooting to the bottom to post I noticed one or multiple idiots saying it wouldn't bother them if he left.

Whoever you were, fucking drown yourselves in the toilet after you shit.

jspchief
01-08-2017, 01:54 PM
So what is the reason given for Dorsey preferring GB to KC?

O.city
01-08-2017, 01:55 PM
So what is the reason given for Dorsey preferring GB to KC?

I'd like to think it's just a connection of dots, him being there before etc.

But Rappaport obviously heard this from someone.

jspchief
01-08-2017, 01:58 PM
I'd like to think it's just a connection of dots, him being there before etc.

But Rappaport obviously heard this from someone.
Rappaport is a hack so I'm not automatically giving his story weight.

"Hey used to work there" doesn't strike me as a compelling reason for a gm to make a lateral move.

Bob Dole
01-08-2017, 01:58 PM
How in the **** is this guy at the end of his contract?

As I was shooting to the bottom to post I noticed one or multiple idiots saying it wouldn't bother them if he left.

Whoever you were, ****ing drown yourselves in the toilet after you shit.

Haven't you been paying attention? Super Bowl this year or GTFO!

scho63
01-08-2017, 02:08 PM
I want Scarlett Johansson to sit on my face but that isn't happening either.

obligatory hot pic

http://www.herinterest.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Scarlett-Johansson-3-640x1024.jpg

Nice tangent move there! :D

O.city
01-08-2017, 02:11 PM
Rappaport is a hack so I'm not automatically giving his story weight.

"Hey used to work there" doesn't strike me as a compelling reason for a gm to make a lateral move.

Yeah, it's weird to me.

Maybe Dorsey doesn't like it in kc?

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-08-2017, 02:48 PM
Yeah, it's weird to me.

The only thing I could see Dorsey having an issue with would be lack of complete control over player acquisition, namely the decision to draft a QB in the high rounds, and whether or not to extend Smith again.

I am somewhat convinced that the drafting of Murray and Hogan were "test runs" by Dorsey to show Reid and Hunt that he could be trusted to acquire a prospect that fit certain criteria and who had value.

DaneMcCloud
01-08-2017, 03:00 PM
I am somewhat convinced that the drafting of Murray and Hogan were "test runs" by Dorsey to show Reid and Hunt that he could be trusted to acquire a prospect that fit certain criteria and who had value.

I'm fully convinced you're talking out of your ass

DaneMcCloud
01-08-2017, 03:01 PM
Yeah, it's weird to me.

It's not weird at all. It's an NFL reporter trying to connect dots to a job that doesn't exist.

Pure media speculation, otherwise known as bullshit.

Lex Luthor
01-08-2017, 03:12 PM
Welp.

WHO'S WITH ME?????

Dinny
:facepalm:

22-4 in their last 26 regular season games, first playoff victory in 20 years, 12-4 with a first-round bye this year with a shot to go deep in the playoffs, and you want to dump Dorsey and Reid because you've got first round QB derangement syndrome (henceforth known as QBDS).

The level of dumbassery around here is astounding.

OnTheWarpath15
01-08-2017, 03:14 PM

22-4 in their last 26 regular season games, first playoff victory in 20 years, 12-4 with a first-round bye this year with a shot to go deep in the playoffs, and you want to dump Dorsey and Reid because you've got first round QB derangement syndrome (henceforth known as QBDS).

Speaking of dumbassery, I'm pretty sure you need to replace the batteries in your sarcasm meter.

milkman
01-08-2017, 03:15 PM

I can not stand Dinny.

His posting style is epic dipshittery topped with amazing dumbassery, wrapped in sheer fucking stupidity, but he is being sarcastic there.

-King-
01-08-2017, 03:17 PM
The only thing I could see Dorsey having an issue with would be lack of complete control over player acquisition, namely the decision to draft a QB in the high rounds, and whether or not to extend Smith again.

ROFL It's hilarious when you form your own football opinions. They're so hilariously bad.
Posted via Mobile Device

Lex Luthor
01-08-2017, 03:25 PM
Has any gm ever made a parallel move without being fired first?
Different sport, but John Scheurholz immediately comes to mind.

How did that work out for the Royals again?

Bowser
01-08-2017, 03:25 PM
Green Bay had their shot to secure him a few years ago and blew it. They can fuck right off.

Lex Luthor
01-08-2017, 03:27 PM
Speaking of dumbassery, I'm pretty sure you need to replace the batteries in your sarcasm meter.

In that case, I apologize to Dinny for thinking he was a part of the group of dumbasses in this thread.

The Bad Guy
01-08-2017, 03:34 PM
I can't find anything on the length of Ballard's deal, but he was hired in May, so he would be locked up at least through then.

I believe when he was elevated to director of pro personnel in 2015, he was given a 4 year deal and significant raise.

SAUTO
01-08-2017, 03:47 PM
Went would they have had different lengths of contracts?

Seems strange

DaFace
01-08-2017, 03:48 PM
This would make me sad.

kccrow
01-08-2017, 04:02 PM
Seems unlikely based on what Dorsey said when he came here. Seems like speculation, as usual, by Rap. Also, his contract, like all other NFL contracts, won't expire until the end of the league year.

Edit: Should add that scouting contracts often go through draft. So, it is possible that Dorsey's contract wouldn't expire until even later than the end of the league year and could be active until post-draft.

Dinny Bossa Nova
01-08-2017, 04:05 PM
I can not stand Dinny.

His posting style is epic dipshittery topped with amazing dumbassery, wrapped in sheer ****ing stupidity, but he is being sarcastic there.

People like you shouldn't drink.

Hugs.

Dinny

milkman
01-08-2017, 04:07 PM
People like you shouldn't drink.

Hugs.

Dinny

When the world is free of dipshits of your level, I won't need to drink.

Dinny Bossa Nova
01-08-2017, 04:09 PM
When the world is free of dipshits of your level, I won't need to drink.

Aw shucks, milk. You wanna hang out sometime?

Dinny

Gravedigger
01-08-2017, 04:26 PM
If it were me I would take the difficult but more rewarding route. Green Bay is simple compared to KC. You know you'll be set for a decade regardless of how you do just as long as you don't struggle with constant 6 win seasons or less. You can build something in Kansas City and be known as the best GM the Chiefs have ever had. That's legacy in it's truest form, going to the Packers you're looking for the easy paycheck with Aaron Rodgers leading your offense for likely the next 7-10 years and the likelihood that you'll never surpass Ted Thompson in the eyes of the fans. I would use this story as leverage and get money and build something special here in KC.

O.city
01-08-2017, 04:27 PM
It's not weird at all. It's an NFL reporter trying to connect dots to a job that doesn't exist.

Pure media speculation, otherwise known as bullshit.

I dunno, I don't think he would throw shit at the wall, but I don't k ow where it would come from

DaFace
01-08-2017, 04:29 PM
Wonder if there's any chance this is part of a negotiation tactic for Dorsey. If it's just a standard contract extension, everyone generally assumes you're going to continue as-is with some small escalators each year. But now, we may have a bidding war.

DaneMcCloud
01-08-2017, 04:44 PM
To have a bidding war, there needs to be an open position.

Currently, there is not a GM opening in Green Bay.

tk13
01-08-2017, 04:50 PM
Honestly, even if we became super aggressive and drafted 1st round QBs every year... we simply are not going to find an Aaron Rodgers. There's nothing else like him in the league.

For that alone, I wouldn't be surprised if Dorsey considered it.

milkman
01-08-2017, 04:52 PM
If it were me I would take the difficult but more rewarding route. Green Bay is simple compared to KC. You know you'll be set for a decade regardless of how you do just as long as you don't struggle with constant 6 win seasons or less. You can build something in Kansas City and be known as the best GM the Chiefs have ever had. That's legacy in it's truest form, going to the Packers you're looking for the easy paycheck with Aaron Rodgers leading your offense for likely the next 7-10 years and the likelihood that you'll never surpass Ted Thompson in the eyes of the fans. I would use this story as leverage and get money and build something special here in KC.

Thompson's legacy is built on one SB season and the shoulders of Aaron Rodgers.

The Pack have been, through most of his tenure, a mediocre team propped up by the greatness of Rodgers.

Rain Man
01-08-2017, 06:08 PM
It would be stupid to go to Green Bay. If you go to Green Bay and have wild success, you'll still be ranked low in Packers lore. Vince Lombardi has championships, Brett Faw-vuh-ruh has championships, even Don Hutson has championships. Your success would be in some back hallway of the Packers' museum. That's no legacy.

On the other hand, the Chiefs have won precisely squat for 40+ years. You build a championship team here and you're going to be revered.

milkman
01-08-2017, 06:12 PM
It would be stupid to go to Green Bay. If you go to Green Bay and have wild success, you'll still be ranked low in Packers lore. Vince Lombardi has championships, Brett Faw-vuh-ruh has championships, even Don Hutson has championships. Your success would be in some back hallway of the Packers' museum. That's no legacy.

On the other hand, the Chiefs have won precisely squat for 40+ years. You build a championship team here and you're going to be revered.

I am not sure that it matters one way or the other to Dorsey, but if/when it happens in KC, Reid will get the lion's share of credit on the national level.

KChiefs1
01-08-2017, 06:17 PM
Thompson's legacy is built on one SB season and the shoulders of Aaron Rodgers.

The Pack have been, through most of his tenure, a mediocre team propped up by the greatness of Rodgers.

McCarthy can thank Aaron Rodgers for his job too.

Tombstone RJ
01-08-2017, 08:05 PM

lol, let me translate this kc logic: don't go to a winner where expectations are high and a winning tradition is ingrained. Stay where things suck, because chiefs.

kcpasco
01-08-2017, 08:09 PM
lol, let me translate this kc logic: don't go to a winner where expectations are high and a winning tradition is ingrained. Stay where things suck, because chiefs.

Trying to understand your logic. The GM is responsible for a franchise sucking. So if the Chiefs continue to suck that would mean Dorsey is a lousy GM.

So are you saying John Dorsey has done a terrible job?

RunKC
01-08-2017, 08:42 PM

go back to your couch, troll

TEX
01-09-2017, 12:39 AM
go back to your couch, troll

Tombstone is nothing more than Orange Mange Dick Bag.

Simply Red
01-09-2017, 12:45 AM
I saw Dorsey earlier today at Wild Woody's, I couldn't bring myself to ask him about it.

Simply Red
01-09-2017, 12:45 AM

we aren't exactly sucking this year - nor last. You're just being a cock.

Rain Man
01-09-2017, 12:56 AM

The first part of your statement is correct. Why go somewhere where the only possible direction is down once your HoF quarterback retires? You're like the sailor who gets appointed captain once the iceberg is in sight.

The second part of your statement is incorrect in the present tense, because the Chiefs have been winning 80% of their games under Dorsey, which is the best in the league. But yeah, for most of the time before that, life was difficult and challenging in the Chiefs world. So it's the best of all possible worlds - a very hungry fan base and a roster and staff in place that is on the cusp of greatness. This is like being named the head of Edison's Laboratory three days before he perfects the light bulb.

Hammock Parties
01-09-2017, 01:01 AM
Sam Mellinger made the point on Ch. 41 tonight that all Dorsey had to do was come out and make a quick statement to squash all this talk of his leaving, but he's been completely silent.

I think he's gone.

Still wondering if this means Reid gets all the power now.

saphojunkie
01-09-2017, 01:07 AM

Shhh... this forum is for playoff teams.

Simply Red
01-09-2017, 01:10 AM
Sam Mellinger made the point on Ch. 41 tonight that all Dorsey had to do was come out and make a quick statement to squash all this talk of his leaving, but he's been completely silent.

I think he's gone.

no way - not w/ CHunt.

-King-
01-09-2017, 01:15 AM

I think he's gone.

When has Dorsey ever came out to say anything? And it's been less than 24 hours since this news came out. At least give him a day or two if you need him to make a statement.
Posted via Mobile Device

COchief
01-09-2017, 08:31 AM

I think he's gone.

This is what is scary, it doesn't take hours, days, or weeks to come up with something simple like "I love KC, I'm not going anywhere". There has been smoke building around this rumor for days and nothing has been said by anyone of note (Hunt/Reid/Dorse), unfortunately there appears to be fire somewhere. :(

Rausch
01-09-2017, 08:38 AM
I don't think Dorsey is so great that we couldn't be fine without him.

What I don't like is that he and Reid get along and work really well together. That kind of work relationship is hard to replicate...

chiefzilla1501
01-09-2017, 08:39 AM

I think he's gone.

I don't know why he would. If there is an interested suitor like Green bay that would give him lots of leverage in the contract negotiation. If Clark hunt makes a statement, it hints that they'll roll over and give him whatever he wants. I don't think either side benefits from saying anything.

COchief
01-09-2017, 08:58 AM
I don't know why he would. If there is an interested suitor like Green bay that would give him lots of leverage in the contract negotiation. If Clark hunt makes a statement, it hints that they'll roll over and give him whatever he wants. I don't think either side benefits from saying anything.

I get the logic behind this but I also think Clark would not play childish Pioli-esque games with Dorsey. He has seen enough bullshit with Carl and Fat Scott that I highly doubt a few million over 5 years would cloud his judgement. Picture Clark's life during the Pioli shitshow, he had to constantly deal with the media and drama. He basically hasn't had to do a damn thing for four years except bulldoze his millions into his mansion. I would also bear in mind that paying off the rest of Pioli/Crennel/Haley's contracts after their firings is a mountain of cash compared to forking over a little more to retain Dorsey.

The longer this rumor persists, the more I think that maybe GB has cemented a place in Dorsey's heart that we can't overcome. All things considered, the simple question that doesn't seem to have an answer is "Why hasn't John Dorsey been extended?"

Dunerdr
01-09-2017, 09:12 AM
Have we done any research on the Ted Thompson thing? I mean 63 is kinda young to step down.

kcchiefsus
01-09-2017, 09:13 AM
How often do coaches or front office types simply walk after their contract? Shouldn't we have been approaching our guys much earlier to assure this was never even a possibility? It would be typical Chiefs luck for this to happen to us.

The only silver lining would be that a new GM might be willing to finally get rid of the piece of shit Smith for a real QB.

FloridaMan88
01-09-2017, 10:33 AM
Have we done any research on the Ted Thompson thing? I mean 63 is kinda young to step down.

And John Dorsey turns 57 this year so it isn't like he has that much younger than Ted Thompson.

I think this story is being driven by Dorsey's representatives to create leverage as he enters into contract extention negotiations with the Chiefs.

DJ's left nut
01-09-2017, 10:38 AM
Rodgers is 33 and if Dorsey comes in, he'll be getting the last few good years of him (while getting none of the credit for bringing him in).

Shortly enough, Packers fans will realize that having a top 10-15 All-Time quarterback is a luxury and not just something that you get to have as a matter of course. And when that happens, things will get much more difficult for them.

And they're going to blame the guy that's in charge of that team for not just making a new HoF quarterback appear.

Personally, I don't think he'll leave. I don't think Thompson will actually step down and if he does it will be so they can keep Wolf in-house. But professionally I don't think it's a terribly good idea for him to leave either. He'll be taking over a winner that somebody else built without having generated the good will of creating said winner.

So when if it stumbles as their key component ages (and it will; Rodgers is that team), he's going to be the one that takes the arrows.

Mr. Laz
01-09-2017, 10:46 AM
How often do coaches or front office types simply walk after their contract? Shouldn't we have been approaching our guys much earlier to assure this was never even a possibility? It would be typical Chiefs luck for this to happen to us.

The only silver lining would be that a new GM might be willing to finally get rid of the piece of shit Smith for a real QB.
Yes, which is the only part that is really worrisome for me.

I just have to believe that Hunt has already approached Dorsey about an extension and it hasn't happened yet. That only happens if Dorsey wants to wait. jmo.

Mr. Laz
01-09-2017, 10:48 AM
Maybe Dorsey and Reid are working together

Neither will sign unless they both sign :shrug:

O.city
01-09-2017, 10:51 AM
"Has not yet signed a contract extension" sound like there's one on the table and he hasn't signed it yet to anyone else?

Mr. Laz
01-09-2017, 10:57 AM
"Has not yet signed a contract extension" sound like there's one on the table and he hasn't signed it yet to anyone else?
I just don't see anyway that Hunt doesn't have an offer on the table already.

Should have had it on the table last year even

This is Dorsey's first time as GM, he should only get better at it.

O.city
01-09-2017, 10:59 AM
I just don't see anyway that Hunt doesn't have an offer on the table already.

Should have had it on the table last year even

This is Dorsey's first time as GM, he should only get better at it.

Yeah, considering the circumstances, I don't see why they wouldnt.

Unless there's something we don't know going on behind the scenes.

RunKC
01-09-2017, 11:01 AM
There's a press conference with Andy and Mark Donovan in 30 minutes. I'm sure that question will be asked

SAUTO
01-09-2017, 11:49 AM
There's a press conference with Andy and Mark Donovan in 30 minutes. I'm sure that question will be asked

lets hope it isnt to announce dorsey is leaving

Dunerdr
01-09-2017, 11:56 AM
And John Dorsey turns 57 this year so it isn't like he has that much younger than Ted Thompson.

I think this story is being driven by Dorsey's representatives to create leverage as he enters into contract extention negotiations with the Chiefs.

I think it's all smoke I wouldn't be suprised if he'd already been extended and they're waiting to announce it after a successful season. You know like Jeff fisher lol.

Mr. Laz
01-09-2017, 12:05 PM
Yeah, considering the circumstances, I don't see why they wouldnt.

Unless there's something we don't know going on behind the scenes.THAT ... is the concerning part

most of this stuff is just media drivel unless there is something going on behind the scenes :(

jjchieffan
01-09-2017, 02:01 PM

Any update on this? It has been 2 hours since you stated this information. I went to KCChiefs.com and can't find anything about a press conference today

RunKC
01-09-2017, 02:05 PM
Andy shrugged it off and just wanted to talk football. He was never going to talk about anyone's contract.

Easy 6
01-09-2017, 02:11 PM
I've decided that the best course of action is to jam fingers in my ears and scream "LALALALA I CANT HEAR YOU" until this disastrous scenario blows over

Chiefshrink
01-09-2017, 02:22 PM
http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2017/1/8/14204392/chiefs-john-dorsey-is-a-potential-packers-gm-candidate-uh-what

Dorsey would be trading up at the QB position for sure. Who wouldn't want AR as their QB if you are the GM?

Marcellus
01-09-2017, 02:24 PM
Dorsey is waiting for KC to win the SB this year so he can get even more $$.

Chiefshrink
01-09-2017, 02:24 PM
I've decided that the best course of action is to jam fingers in my ears and scream "LALALALA I CANT HEAR YOU" until this disastrous scenario blows over

Yeah, never ends well when I do that.:D

Chiefshrink
01-09-2017, 02:26 PM

That's the spirit !!:clap:

Easy 6
01-09-2017, 02:28 PM
Yeah, never ends well when I do that.:D

Its the only coping mechanism I've got :shrug:

Chiefshrink
01-09-2017, 02:50 PM
Dorsey wants to have a real QB in Rogers. He is gone !!!!

Chiefshrink
01-09-2017, 02:51 PM
Its the only coping mechanism I've got :shrug:

You are fortunate then !!:clap:

Chiefshrink
01-09-2017, 02:57 PM
Rodgers is 33 and if Dorsey comes in, he'll be getting the last few good years of him (while getting none of the credit for bringing him in).

Shortly enough, Packers fans will realize that having a top 10-15 All-Time quarterback is a luxury and not just something that you get to have as a matter of course. And when that happens, things will get much more difficult for them.

And they're going to blame the guy that's in charge of that team for not just making a new HoF quarterback appear.

Personally, I don't think he'll leave. I don't think Thompson will actually step down and if he does it will be so they can keep Wolf in-house. But professionally I don't think it's a terribly good idea for him to leave either. He'll be taking over a winner that somebody else built without having generated the good will of creating said winner.

So when if it stumbles as their key component ages (and it will; Rodgers is that team), he's going to be the one that takes the arrows.

Maybe Dorsey wanted his extension done yesterday and this is just some fire under Clark's ass to get it done.

jjchieffan
01-09-2017, 04:30 PM
Dorsey wants to have a real QB in Rogers. He is gone !!!!

In Rogers? Arkansas? The Green Bay quarterback spells his name Rodgers.

Mr. Laz
01-09-2017, 04:35 PM
Aaron Rodgers is only 33?

shit

He has another 6 or 7 years unless he tears something.

jjchieffan
01-09-2017, 06:17 PM
I have a feeling that this could very well be true. Simply because I can't imagine any other scenario whereby Dorsey would not have been extended a year ago. Dorsey has always been a Green Bay man, back to his playing days. It appears to me that his intention all along has been to return to Green Bay when the GM position opened up and that he has been grooming Ballard to take his spot here when that day came. He has been an absolutely fabulous GM for us, and I really hope that I am completely wrong about this. But it sure looks that way to me.

Marcellus
01-09-2017, 06:20 PM
I have a feeling that this could very well be true. Simply because I can't imagine any other scenario whereby Dorsey would not have been extended a year ago. Dorsey has always been a Green Bay man, back to his playing days. It appears to me that his intention all along has been to return to Green Bay when the GM position opened up and that he has been grooming Ballard to take his spot here when that day came. He has been an absolutely fabulous GM for us, and I really hope that I am completely wrong about this. But it sure looks that way to me.

You cant think of ANY other reason?

You do know Dorsey's wife is from KC right?

jjchieffan
01-09-2017, 06:30 PM
You cant think of ANY other reason?

You do know Dorsey's wife is from KC right?

Yes. I know that. But when you have a GM that has taken a 2-14 team to 4 straight winning seasons and the number 2 seed, you don't let his contract run out. Look at Carl Peterson's time here. He was here 20 years and was ALWAYS extended a year or 2 before his contract was up.

Hog's Gone Fishin
01-09-2017, 06:34 PM
Yes. I know that. But when you have a GM that has taken a 2-14 team to 4 straight winning seasons and the number 2 seed, you don't let his contract run out. Look at Carl Peterson's time here. He was here 20 years and was ALWAYS extended a year or 2 before his contract was up.

Common sense says you are correct.

DJ's left nut
01-09-2017, 06:42 PM
Aaron Rodgers is only 33?

shit

He has another 6 or 7 years unless he tears something.

A lot of his game is dependent on his athleticism. I just don't know that he'll age quite as well as a Brady has.

Then again, Steve Young would've been kicking ass at 38 but/for concussions and he's the best comp I can come up with for Rodgers.

I'm not saying that Rodgers won't continue to be very very good, but this season showed that Rodgers can't be merely good for the Packers to win. When he's merely good, they were losing. It wasn't until he became essentially supernatural that they started winning games again.

As he gets to 35, 36 years old, will he still have those legs? And with his history of nagging low body injuries, doesn't it seem like those could get more and more annoying for him as he ages? Because the Packers need superhuman Rodgers and even 90% of what he's doing right now isn't enough for them to be a championship team.

mnchiefsguy
01-09-2017, 06:46 PM
Not going to worry about this until the Packers job actually opens up.

Hopefully Clark gets an extension done soon.

Anyong Bluth
01-09-2017, 07:07 PM
I'm gonna laugh when this turns out to be a complete waste of time speculating.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-09-2017, 08:42 PM

This.

Tribal Warfare
01-09-2017, 10:36 PM

Bitches be freakin.

Chief3188
01-09-2017, 10:36 PM
I hope it's nothing but if we lose Dorsey to a lateral move I will be so sick to my stomach.

KChiefs1
01-09-2017, 10:41 PM

That doesn't even make sense.

If things sucked then Dorsey wouldn't even be offered the Packer job.

KChiefs1
01-09-2017, 10:42 PM

That actually makes sense.

Titty Meat
01-10-2017, 08:30 AM
I doubt he leaves here though the next few years will be interesting with a 32 year old QB and a shit cap situation.

The Rick
01-10-2017, 10:30 AM
Just passing along what I heard on the radio yesterday here in Packerland regarding this...

Rumor is that Ted Thompson is on his way out. Unclear if he's stepping down willingly or is being forced to. Mike Murphy (Packers President) wants to bring someone in from the outside rather than promote from within because there are multiple in-house candidates who feel they deserve the job and promoting one of them will result in hard feelings (mutiny? mass exodus?) from the others. Also heard they are looking for a bit of a culture change. Murphy and Dorsey have ties, obviously.

Again, just passing along what I'm hearing on this side of things. No idea how truthful it is...

Anyong Bluth
01-10-2017, 11:25 AM
Just passing along what I heard on the radio yesterday here in Packerland regarding this...

Rumor is that Ted Thompson is on his way out. Unclear if he's stepping down willingly or is being forced to. Mike Murphy (Packers President) wants to bring someone in from the outside rather than promote from within because there are multiple in-house candidates who feel they deserve the job and promoting one of them will result in hard feelings (mutiny? mass exodus?) from the others. Also heard they are looking for a bit of a culture change. Murphy and Dorsey have ties, obviously.

Again, just passing along what I'm hearing on this side of things. No idea how truthful it is...
If it's on sports talk radio it's not a rumor. It's fodder to drum up listeners & callers.

There is 0 reason to go to GB. The Packers fanbase and regional media can have all the wishful thinking they want because Dorsey is a top notch GM.

While we're at it, Cleveland fans and the local media might also want to get excited about BB returning to be their next head coach and "returning to his roots".

ModSocks
01-10-2017, 11:30 AM
If Dorsey was so attached to the Packers that he'd leave KC for a lateral move, then he never woulda left them in the first place.

KC is Dorsey's baby. He built this team and completely turned it around.

Dorsey is likely waiting to see how things play out. Winning the SB may give him more leverage for a bigger contract...

The Franchise
01-10-2017, 11:30 AM
NFL Network's Michael Silver reports Packers director of football operations Eliot Wolf and director of player personnel Brian Gutekunst "are the leading contenders" for the 49ers vacant general manager position.

A hot prospect for several years, Wolf seems like the more likely candidate, but it remains possible current Packers GM Ted Thompson steps aside after the season to make room for Wolf in Green Bay. Either way, Wolf will be running his own team in the near future. It seems like Gutekunst is on that track as well. The 49ers have interviewed six candidates so far.

Anyong Bluth
01-10-2017, 11:43 AM
If Dorsey was so attached to the Packers that he'd leave KC for a lateral move, then he never woulda left them in the first place.

Dorsey is likely waiting to see how things play out. Winning the SB may give him more leverage for a bigger contract...
What people need to realize, including Mellinger, is he's never going to dignify Internet speculation, and unlike Carl or Scott, he doesn't want to be a presence in the media- that's Andy.

Lastly, they don't comment on contract negotiations in the media, and anyone worth a lick doesn't tip their hand and comment to the media while actively negotiating not only their own extension as GM, but also your hand picked Head Coach's extension, who also happens to be one of your best friends, and very much one of the big reasons why your current job environment is enjoyable and having success.

People are idiots if they think they are deserved an immediate answer because someone posted something on their blog.

RunKC
01-10-2017, 11:49 AM
NFL Network's Michael Silver reports Packers director of football operations Eliot Wolf and director of player personnel Brian Gutekunst "are the leading contenders" for the 49ers vacant general manager position.

A hot prospect for several years, Wolf seems like the more likely candidate, but it remains possible current Packers GM Ted Thompson steps aside after the season to make room for Wolf in Green Bay. Either way, Wolf will be running his own team in the near future. It seems like Gutekunst is on that track as well. The 49ers have interviewed six candidates so far.

Hard to see Wolf taking that job. Dorsey obviously doesn't think it's worth going for Ballard. I think his friends in GB would think the same..

The Rick
01-10-2017, 01:22 PM
If it's on sports talk radio it's not a rumor. It's fodder to drum up listeners & callers.

There is 0 reason to go to GB. The Packers fanbase and regional media can have all the wishful thinking they want because Dorsey is a top notch GM.

While we're at it, Cleveland fans and the local media might also want to get excited about BB returning to be their next head coach and "returning to his roots".
For your information, it was an aside from a news talk radio host reporting what he heard before he moved on to typical political discussion...

Hoover
01-10-2017, 01:38 PM
I talked to Clark Hunt last night at my local Cash $aver and he told me not to worry, the team will announce new deals for both Andy and John on either Thursday or Friday.

Chief_For_Life58
01-10-2017, 01:47 PM
A lot of his game is dependent on his athleticism. I just don't know that he'll age quite as well as a Brady has.

Then again, Steve Young would've been kicking ass at 38 but/for concussions and he's the best comp I can come up with for Rodgers.

I'm not saying that Rodgers won't continue to be very very good, but this season showed that Rodgers can't be merely good for the Packers to win. When he's merely good, they were losing. It wasn't until he became essentially supernatural that they started winning games again.

As he gets to 35, 36 years old, will he still have those legs? And with his history of nagging low body injuries, doesn't it seem like those could get more and more annoying for him as he ages? Because the Packers need superhuman Rodgers and even 90% of what he's doing right now isn't enough for them to be a championship team.

bingo. Id be pissed if I was a packers fan. What has that organization put around him?

pugsnotdrugs19
01-10-2017, 01:48 PM
I think this is all about leverage in negotiations, personally. Dorsey doesn't strike me as the type that would build what he has/is building here and just leave it to someone else.

TripleThreat
01-10-2017, 01:49 PM
Cant we stop this from happening though? I mean hes OUR general manager, why would he leave us for the Packers? Cant we just match what they try to give him?

Bowser
01-10-2017, 01:52 PM
I talked to Clark Hunt last night at my local Cash $aver and he told me not to worry, the team will announce new deals for both Andy and John on either Thursday or Friday.

I call bullshit. If you would have said "your local Best Buy" then I would have believed you.

Quesadilla Joe
01-10-2017, 01:52 PM
Cant we stop this from happening though? I mean hes OUR general manager, why would he leave us for the Packers? Cant we just match what they try to give him?

Dorsey's contract expires after this season, he's free to go anywhere he pleases.

pugsnotdrugs19
01-10-2017, 01:58 PM
Dorsey's contract expires after this season, he's free to go anywhere he pleases.

Which further illustrates the idea that this whole thing is about negotiation leverage..

DaFace
01-10-2017, 01:58 PM

Just depends on what he's looking for. Some people are motivated by money. Others a good fit of employer. Others just the city they want to live in.

pugsnotdrugs19
01-10-2017, 02:02 PM
Put yourself in his shoes and just imagine busting your ass to take something bad and turn it into something really good for 4 years. Would you want to leave all your work to someone else? Before you even accomplished your primary goal?

Maybe its just the optimist in me, but I just can't fathom him bailing.

Mr. Laz
01-10-2017, 02:12 PM
Why? Most of CP agrees it's 99% crap we are just worried about that unseen 1%.

Now if hysteric-ridden CPlanet thinks it's crap then how bad can it be?

Mr. Laz
01-10-2017, 02:19 PM

Unless he suddenly realize that he doesn't want to share power with someone else. Even if it's his buddy Andy Reid.

Strictly hypothetical crazy talk .... BUT what if Dorsey has wanted to put a priority on drafting a QB to replace Alex but Reid thinks Smith is just fine? Dorsey isn't going to start a fight with his friend by drafting a QB in the 1st round if Reid isn't going to commit to developing him. :shrug:

/Tin Foil off

Titty Meat
01-10-2017, 03:20 PM
Put yourself in his shoes and just imagine busting your ass to take something bad and turn it into something really good for 4 years. Would you want to leave all your work to someone else? Before you even accomplished your primary goal?

Maybe its just the optimist in me, but I just can't fathom him bailing.

He played in Green Bay and played a small part in helping build there. I think we're all being homers though. With his ability to build a team around Rodgers he could easily win a few Superbowls. Let's be honest that's probably not going to happen here.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-10-2017, 03:21 PM
Unless he suddenly realize that he doesn't want to share power with someone else. Even if it's his buddy Andy Reid.

Strictly hypothetical crazy talk .... BUT what if Dorsey has wanted to put a priority on drafting a QB to replace Alex but Reid thinks Smith is just fine? Dorsey isn't going to start a fight with his friend by drafting a QB in the 1st round if Reid isn't going to commit to developing him. :shrug:

/Tin Foil off

I'll put that tinfoil on, please. If Andy Reid stood in the way of my drafting a top QB prospect, I'd have no choice but to go elsewhere, ESPECIALLY if the QB standing in my way was Alex fucking Smith.

No.

Way.

And motherfuck the Chiefs if they give full-reign control to Andy motherfucking Reid.

That is a last straw move for me.

DJ's left nut
01-10-2017, 03:24 PM
I'll put that tinfoil on, please. If Andy Reid stood in the way of my drafting a top QB prospect, I'd have no choice but to go elsewhere, ESPECIALLY if the QB standing in my way was Alex fucking Smith.

No.

Way.

And motherfuck the Chiefs if they give full-reign control to Andy motherfucking Reid.

Noooooooo.

You don't fucking say.

I mean you of all people. YOU would buy into some bullshit reason to blame Alex Smith for a general manager getting away?

What were the fucking odds?

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-10-2017, 03:25 PM
Noooooooo.

You don't fucking say.

I mean you of all people. YOU would buy into some bullshit reason to blame Alex Smith for a general manager getting away?

If the goddamned shoe fits, son...

Titty Meat
01-10-2017, 03:26 PM
Noooooooo.

You don't ****ing say.

What were the ****ing odds?

Clay has these folks brainwashed

The Franchise
01-10-2017, 03:29 PM

No.

Way.

I already thought you were done with the Chiefs?

Pitt Gorilla
01-10-2017, 03:29 PM

/Tin Foil offHypothetically, which QB has he wanted to draft that he was not allowed to draft?

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-10-2017, 03:30 PM
Noooooooo.

You don't fucking say.

And I don't give two flying fucks what you and the REST of the motherfucking "Smith is a franchise QB"-delusion club thinks about my goddamned take either. What's the point in trying to have a conversation with a group of imbeciles so fucking off the reservation, they might as well be based on Mars?
You and the rest of the Deborah Harry Dreamer's Society need to,

a) wake the fuck up

b) realize that just because you repeat and/or fabricate the same bullshit over and over, does not make it true.

Good day, sir.

Anyong Bluth
01-10-2017, 03:40 PM
Why? Most of CP agrees it's 99% crap we are just worried about that unseen 1%.

Now if hysteric-ridden CPlanet thinks it's crap then how bad can it be?
Because. It's. Not. Happening.

There's no dissatisfaction. No power struggle. No issue with a cheap owner letting him walk over a few dollars. No swell of sentimentality to go back to GB.

He passed on numerous occasions to take other jobs. He has friends and family here, and made the precise decision to come here.

It certainly hasn't blown up in his face and he's looking to escape a bad situation.

Absolutely no reason to go. Rodgers on his downturn, no matter how good, isn't a big enough draw. Maybe if he was 5 years younger, but he's not, so it's a moot point.

Reerun_KC
01-10-2017, 03:41 PM
Deal is done?

The Franchise
01-10-2017, 03:43 PM
Best spot to draft a QB?

KC: We'd pretty much be happy with a QB in the first two rounds and would trust Dorsey with who he chose.

GB: Has to follow in the footsteps of Favre and Rodgers.

DJ's left nut
01-10-2017, 03:45 PM
And I don't give two flying fucks what you and the REST of the motherfucking "Smith is a franchise QB"-delusion club thinks about my goddamned take either. What's the point in trying to have a conversation with a group of imbeciles so fucking off the reservation, they might as well be based on Mars?
You and the rest of the Deborah Harry Dreamer's Society need to,

a) wake the fuck up

b) realize that just because you repeat and/or fabricate the same bullshit over and over, does not make it true.

Good day, sir.

You clearly have no concept of what I've said about Alex Smith. Like, at all.

Please, tell us more about how Alex Smith led to the rise of the Third Reich.

You can always tell when someone gets a little too close to the mark, can't you? It usually yields some kind of strange response that's generally factually inaccurate while also being poorly punctuated and quite rambling. Get get yourself a Kleenex, big guy - I think you got a little spittle on your monitor.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-10-2017, 03:49 PM
Because. It's. Not. Happening.

There's no dissatisfaction. No power struggle. No issue with a cheap owner letting him walk over a few dollars. No swell of sentimentality to go back to GB.

He passed on numerous occasions to take other jobs. He has friends and family here, and made the precise decision to come here.

It certainly hasn't blown up in his face and he's looking to escape a bad situation.

Absolutely no reason to go. Rodgers on his downturn, no matter how good, isn't a big enough draw. Maybe if he was 5 years younger, but he's not, so it's a moot point.

I'm inclined to believe this take over all other takes. Dorsey has expressed a lot of pride in the Chiefs from day one. He has reverence for the franchise, it's not just a job for him.
I believe he wants a winner year in, year out. I believe that he holds New England as a model for this goal, though he doesn't engage in the "Patriot Way" when it comes to the actual work of the position.

I have far more faith in John Dorsey than I do the coaching, ownership, players, and fan base combined.

John Dorsey is the light at the end of a decades-long tunnel of FAIL.

DJ's left nut
I already thought you were done with the Chiefs?

Give him a break.

I'm not sure he knows where he is right now. We've all seen those shell-shocked homeless folks that are trying to fight a stop sign while pissing themselves down on Broadway, right?

He appears to have reached that stage in the proceedings. It's probably better to just fling him a couple of batting cage tokens at him and hope the light changes before he realizes that they aren't quarters.

I mean sure, it'll cost me just as much to get the batting tokens but he might actually get some use out of the quarters and what's the point in living if you can't torment the mentally ill?

Sweet Daddy Hate
You clearly have no concept of what I've said about Alex Smith. Like, at all.

Please, tell us more about how Alex Smith led to the rise of the Third Reich.

You can always tell when someone gets a little too close to the mark, can't you? It usually yields some kind of strange response that's generally factually inaccurate while also being poorly punctuated and quite rambling. Get get yourself a Kleenex, big guy - I think you got a little spittle on your monitor.

Eat fuck pie, retard.

DJ's left nut
01-10-2017, 03:53 PM
Eat fuck pie, retard.

Maybe try a squeegee. Y'know, like those kinds you get to keep glass shower doors from spotting?

I'm sorry, I mean those kinds you steal from the other toothless ramblers so you can wash windshields with newspaper scraps and loogies down on Wornall.