PDA

View Full Version : News Danny Parkins leaving 610

siberian khatru
01-09-2017, 03:27 PM
I don't listen to 610 regularly, only when they have a news-making guest on (like the Dyson interview Friday), the Royals postgame shows and sometimes the Chiefs postgame. But he's the drive-time guy who's been in KC five years, so ...

Danny Parkins announces he will leave 610 Sports on Friday (http://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/for-petes-sake/article125456944.html)

BY PETE GRATHOFF
pgrathoff@kcstar.com

The Kansas City sports radio scene is losing one of its biggest names.

In a Twitter post, Danny Parkins of KCSP (610 AM) announced his last day with the station will be this Friday. Parkins did not announce what he will do after leaving 610.

Parkins wrote: “I’m leaving Kansas City and my last show with Carrington (Harrison) and Heis (producer Ben Heisler) is this Friday. This is incredibly bittersweet. I can’t say where I’m going, yet, but know that I wouldn’t leave for just any opportunity. As soon as I can tell you more I obviously will.

“Kansas City changed my life in so many ways. I met my future wife, made lifelong friends, and will get married here. Professionally, quite simply, we accomplished what no one thought we could. We became the most successful show in 610’s history with three young guys just having fun and working hard. I’m incredibly proud of the who we built.

“There are so many people to thank, and this week will be spent continuing to do that both on air and off, but if The Drive meant something to you, thank you. I loved every minute hosting it for you and hope to give you 5 more great shows.”

Parkins, who grew up in Chicago and graduated from Syracuse in 2009, joined 610 AM in 2011. He and Harrison are co-hosts of “The Drive,” which is on the air from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. on weekdays.

“I’m not taking the Browns job and I’m not replacing (ESPN’s) Chris Berman,” Parkins said Monday on the show.

Titty Meat
01-09-2017, 03:30 PM
Good riddance that show was obnoxious

wazu
01-09-2017, 03:31 PM
Best show 610 has other than Vernier. Still not as good as any show on 810.

siberian khatru
01-09-2017, 03:31 PM
Good riddance that show was obnoxious

I thought they were supposed to appeal to the younger guys like you, which is why an old fart (50) like me listens to 810's Border Patrol and Petro.

Mr_Tomahawk
01-09-2017, 03:37 PM
Cant stand him.

Black Bob
01-09-2017, 03:42 PM
He is terrible.

FlaChief58
01-09-2017, 03:43 PM
Yet Fescoe lives...

saphojunkie
01-09-2017, 03:46 PM
Who the hell listesns to 610

C3HIEF3S
01-09-2017, 03:47 PM
Good for him, hope he continues moving up.

However, I'm glad he's off 610. I stopped being able to listen to The Drive because of how often him and Carrington Harrison would take a liberal-biased splooge all over every single topic they talked about. The Drive would be better if they get someone else to at least stir the pot and create some critically-thoughtout discussion and a little disagreement,, instead of them just always explaining how they are right on every topic whether it's sports or politics (which they talked way too much about).

tl;dr: Parkins is an "everyone deserves a trophy even if they lose so they don't feel bad" kind of guy.

siberian khatru
01-09-2017, 03:48 PM
Yet Fescoe lives...

He's absolutely unlistenable for me. One of the most obnoxious and uninformed sports talk guys I've ever heard.

CrossCheck
01-09-2017, 03:51 PM
Is that the guy that believes his audience wants to hear his opinion on politics? Haven't listened in years.

O.city
I like cdot and parkins, don't really listen to them but follow on twitter. Seems like a nice guy. Met him at O'Dowds a few years back.

wazu
I'm convinced that there is a big blinking sign in the 610 studio that constantly reminds hosts to laugh like hyenas at their own jokes.

alpha_omega
01-09-2017, 03:52 PM
Yet Fescoe lives...

He's absolutely unlistenable for me. One of the most obnoxious and uninformed sports talk guys I've ever heard.

This....and....that.

tmw4h5
01-09-2017, 03:53 PM
Lol look at all these 810 douches in here. He has the best sports show in the city and has for two years. They have more listeners than 810 because their show is way better. You guys are a bunch of old fucks. Get outta here.

gblowfish
01-09-2017, 03:55 PM
For young guys, radio is all about climbing the market size ladder. If you can move to a bigger audience in a bigger city, that leads to national gigs. D.A. did that. Kevin Harlan did that. The guy Parkins replaced did that. It's just bidness.

The only reason Keitzman has lasted this long is because he has ownership in 810.

810 is a different animal. All those guys will be there until they die.

KCUnited
01-09-2017, 03:56 PM
Cdot loved both the Haith and Kim Anderson hires.

Mr_Tomahawk
01-09-2017, 03:57 PM
Lol look at all these 810 douches in here. He has the best sports show in the city and has for two years. They have more listeners than 810 because their show is way better. You guys are a bunch of old ****s. Get outta here.

Sup Carrington?

Dartgod
01-09-2017, 03:59 PM
Lol look at all these 810 douches in here. He has the best sports show in the city and has for two years. They have more listeners than 810 because their show is way better. You guys are a bunch of old fucks. Get outta here.

For me, they have a better show because they are not Kevin Keitzman and Danny Clinksdale.

But they do stray away from sports waaaay to often.

DJ's left nut
01-09-2017, 04:00 PM
Good for him, hope he continues moving up.

However, I'm glad he's off 610. I stopped being able to listen to The Drive because of how often him and Carrington Harrison would take a liberal-biased splooge all over every single topic they talked about. The Drive would be better if they get someone else to at least stir the pot and create some critically-thoughtout discussion and a little disagreement,, instead of them just always explaining how they are right on every topic whether it's sports or politics (which they talked way too much about).

tl;dr: Parkins is an "everyone deserves a trophy even if they lose so they don't feel bad" kind of guy.

I didn't recognize that Nick Wright was actually halfway decent until I tried to listen to his replacements.

Wright was still guilty of making himself the story way way way WAY too often, but he was still a hell of a lot more entertaining than Parkins.

But yes, Parkins is still way better than Fescoe. Mostly I just don't listen to sports radio after 2 anymore; i'll just fire up some podcasts and catch up on the interesting interviews (i.e. skip MMA, soccer and/or anything related to the state of Kansas).

O.city
01-09-2017, 04:00 PM
Sucked losing nick wright. He's awesome.

nychief
01-09-2017, 04:01 PM
The station manger there hires good young talent out of school and gives them a platform to flourish and learn - then they leave and they he finds another... sprinkle in the local guys Bink and Cdot - wash rinse and repeat.

Parkins is the new breed - they don't sit around and talk sports 24/7 - they are from the Howard Stern school...

anway - good for him... assume he got a chicago gig.

DJ's left nut
01-09-2017, 04:04 PM

He was informed and was a Chiefs fan first.

When KK went completely 'round the bend I gave Wright a prolonged shot and decided that he really did know some folks and was as passionate a Chiefs fan as there was (or at least as passionate an NFL fan as there was in a Chiefs market).

So I knew I could count on Wright for the best afternoon Chiefs talk. And when he started talking about how great he was and how he was the youngest this and coolest that, I'd just tune out for 20 minutes or so. If I started listening again and he was still on a soap box, I knew he was on a 'look at me' day and I'd just turn it off.

I guess he was the opposite of Parkins. There's nothing personally objectionable about Parkins - he's just not terribly interesting. Wright was his polar opposite.

siberian khatru
01-09-2017, 04:04 PM
For young guys, radio is all about climbing the market size ladder. If you can move to a bigger audience in a bigger city, that leads to national gigs. D.A. did that. Kevin Harlan did that. The guy Parkins replaced did that. It's just bidness.

The only reason Keitzman has lasted this long is because he has ownership in 810.

A lot of those 810 guys also are KC natives or have strong ties to KC -- SSJ, Bukaty, Jake, Seaboldt, Petro ...

KCUnited
01-09-2017, 04:07 PM
Wright's Pioli meltdowns were a good listen.

chinaski
01-09-2017, 04:11 PM
Lol look at all these 810 douches in here. He has the best sports show in the city and has for two years. They have more listeners than 810 because their show is way better. You guys are a bunch of old ****s. Get outta here.

You seem nice

Sure-Oz
01-09-2017, 04:14 PM
I enjoy the drive and it's probably my favorite show with the border patrol second. I don't mind them straying off sports for current events or pop culture at times.

CHENZ A!
01-09-2017, 04:14 PM
Parkins and Carrington had a good show. Maybe they'll move Welch to the afternoon. He seems pretty good in the little that I've heard of him.. but he has to work with Fescoe and that show still really sucks.

Sure-Oz
01-09-2017, 04:15 PM
Parkins and Carrington had a good show. Maybe they'll move Welch to the afternoon. He seems pretty good in the little that I've heard of him.. but he has to work with Fescoe and that show still really sucks.
I'm not sure anyone on their current staff can replace parkins...Maybe they'll get some new guy, hopefully that's good.

O.city
01-09-2017, 04:16 PM
He was informed and was a Chiefs fan first.

When KK went completely 'round the bend I gave Wright a prolonged shot and decided that he really did know some folks and was as passionate a Chiefs fan as there was (or at least as passionate an NFL fan as there was in a Chiefs market).

So I knew I could count on Wright for the best afternoon Chiefs talk. And when he started talking about how great he was and how he was the youngest this and coolest that, I'd just tune out for 20 minutes or so. If I started listening again and he was still on a soap box, I knew he was on a 'look at me' day and I'd just turn it off.

I guess he was the opposite of Parkins. There's nothing personally objectionable about Parkins - he's just not terribly interesting. Wright was his polar opposite.
I always make it a point to catch the cowher when wright is on there. His nba stuff is awesome.

He's a big chiefs guy as well like you say, so that's awesome.

If I were 810 or 610, I'd throw money at the middlekauff dude out in Oakland/sf. He's a former and Reid scout and is an awesome listen.

TribalElder
01-09-2017, 04:16 PM
Well bye

cosmo20002
01-09-2017, 04:17 PM

He's always been tops in the ratings. I can't stand him, but he is the ratings leader.

O.city
01-09-2017, 04:18 PM
I actually like keitzmann ok.

WhawhaWhat
01-09-2017, 04:19 PM
No more Cubs and Bulls talk on 610?

https://cdn.meme.am/cache/instances/folder862/68115862.jpg

kcfanXIII
01-09-2017, 04:22 PM
I like Fescoe, but understand why people don't. I'm not going to try and convince anyone he's worth listening too, but I enjoy the dry humor in the morning. Helps me prep for the dumbasses at work.

As for The Drive.... I can't put my finger on it. Sometimes I like them, sometimes I can't change the channel fast enough. When I find them irritating, I just put music on , because I won't listen to KK. In fact, since he has partial ownership of the station, I don't listen to 810 at all.

Messier
01-09-2017, 04:28 PM
810, for quite a while has been in neutral. They're all safe and comfy in their jobs. Not looking to advance, and not worried about getting replaced. It has caused some downright lazy work. Petro has the best show, but even he sometimes is on autopilot.

KChiefs1
01-09-2017, 04:29 PM
Who?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

siberian khatru
01-09-2017, 04:29 PM
810, for quite a while has been in neutral. They're all safe and comfy in their jobs. Not looking to advance, and not worried about getting replaced. It has caused some downright lazy work. Petrol has the best show, but even he sometimes is on autopilot.

This is true

BWillie
01-09-2017, 04:39 PM
His on air persona annoys me sometimes, but he's by far the best at his job in this city. My only complaint is they never talk about college sports on The Drive very often.

I would imagine Carrington and Benny Heis can make a pretty easy and smooth transition.

BWillie
01-09-2017, 04:41 PM
He's always been tops in the ratings. I can't stand him, but he is the ratings leader.

Kietzman is the ratings leader???

Everything I've read and heard is that The Drive and 610 has been blowing them out of the water on that time spot.

sedated
01-09-2017, 04:42 PM
But they do stray away from sports waaaay to often.

I don't think I get this take, which is a COMMON complaint for sport talk radio.

First, between radio, internet, and watching games, do we really need 95% of our waking lives to be pure sports? No time to laugh at a joke, more Alex Smith!!

Second, most of the talk is speculating what's going to happen (by people that are more qualified than anyone on this board based purely on their broadcasting degree) and is forgotten the instant the game starts.

sedated
01-09-2017, 04:45 PM

It seems TJ Carpenter has been following a bit of the Wright/Parkins time slot progression (IMHO).

BigBeauford
01-09-2017, 04:48 PM
It's not that they strayed from sports too much, it's that their off topic takes sucked, and were not funny. Nick Wright just hasn't been replaced on that network.

ChiefsCountry
01-09-2017, 04:48 PM
610 is the leader just because of the Royals radio rights. That is driving their ratings. 810 is overall the best sports station.

ChiefsCountry
01-09-2017, 04:49 PM
Nick Wright is a now national sports host, of course its going to be hard to replace that.

mikeyis4dcats.
01-09-2017, 04:56 PM
His on air persona annoys me sometimes, but he's by far the best at his job in this city. My only complaint is they never talk about college sports on The Drive very often.

I would imagine Carrington and Benny Heis can make a pretty easy and smooth transition.

Based on Carrington's tweet, I think they are all done

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">This is the last week of shows with <a href="https://twitter.com/DannyParkins">@DannyParkins</a>, <a href="https://twitter.com/bennyheis">@bennyheis</a>, and myself.</p>&mdash; Carrington Harrison (@cdotharrison) <a href="https://twitter.com/cdotharrison/status/818552347752366080">January 9, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

RunKC
01-09-2017, 04:57 PM
Where is he going?

O.city
01-09-2017, 05:01 PM
It seems TJ Carpenter has been following a bit of the Wright/Parkins time slot progression (IMHO).

Isn't tj an 810 guy?

C3HIEF3S
01-09-2017, 05:09 PM
Based on Carrington's tweet, I think they are all done

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">This is the last week of shows with <a href="https://twitter.com/DannyParkins">@DannyParkins</a>, <a href="https://twitter.com/bennyheis">@bennyheis</a>, and myself.</p>&mdash; Carrington Harrison (@cdotharrison) <a href="https://twitter.com/cdotharrison/status/818552347752366080">January 9, 2017</a></blockquote>

Doubt it. The tweet could also be interpreted as Friday being the last show with all of them together.

ping2000
01-09-2017, 05:20 PM
Fuck that guy. Chicago? How about someone who grew up in KC being a Chiefs and Royals fan? Hope door hits you hard on ass.

RunKC
01-09-2017, 05:32 PM
TJ Carpenter is an egotistical little twat that nobody in the media even likes outside of 810. He's always right, always knows, etc.

Got some of The Donald in him

ChiefsFanatic
01-09-2017, 05:35 PM
Park Park and Cdot were my favorite to listen to. They didn't always agree with each other, they branched out and did humorous things like the dating game for local athletes or radio personalities, like JV.

And the whole show was something different each day. I cannot stand 810. I don't need to listen to an hour and a half commercial for Smoke and Fire disguised as a radio segment. And I don't know what it's like now, but ol' Clink had his lips glued to KK's ass, so anytime KK said something Clink clearly disagreed with, the whiny "yeahhhh, Kevin, I guess you are riigghht." would get really sad and old real quickly.

I just hope Fescoe doesn't move up in the day, because that asshat is the worst sports talk radio guy I have ever had to listen to.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

oaklandhater
01-09-2017, 05:37 PM
Wasn't petro the Scott pioli ball washer f that guy.

baitism
01-09-2017, 05:59 PM
Nick Wright is a douchebag. Race baited his way up.

T-post Tom
01-09-2017, 06:14 PM
I'm convinced that there is a big blinking sign in the 610 studio that constantly reminds hosts to laugh like hyenas at their own jokes.

That sounds about right.

bdj23
01-09-2017, 07:02 PM
I like Carrington, but Parkins is a Cubs shill and he annoys the shit out of me

Pablo
01-09-2017, 07:03 PM
Parkins was nice to listen to. Good combo, him and Carrington.

You have to have an AARP membership to tune into 810. Fescoe is like listening to Fran Drescher gargle dog turds on air.

bdj23
01-09-2017, 07:07 PM
I'm still not convinced that Danny Parkins isn't Hootie.

CoMoChief
01-09-2017, 07:11 PM
Both 610 and 810 are awful.

610 used to be good. I'd probably say it hasn't been good for 10yrs. And now it's just awful, you can't listen to it.

3 college dudes sitting in an apt doing a podcast at their kitchen table could do better than most in the KC AM radio media.

KC radio will always be a stepping stone for something that's better.

ChiefsCountry
01-09-2017, 07:17 PM
Kansas City sports radio blows the shit out of St. Louis sports radio. It's awful on the other side of the state. It's pretty much all newspaper and tv sports casters.

BWillie
01-09-2017, 07:24 PM
Local sports radio. Everybody in every city across the country says it sucks, yet listens to it all the time.

YOu guys crack me up.

Kind of like ESPN. Everybody claims they don't watch ESPN, yet it's the highest rated sports network and costs the most out of ANY network on any cable or satellite package.

I bet none of you guys have ever bought anything from McDonalds, or Wal-Mart either.

Outside of Kietzman, I think the sports radio is pretty good in this town. Kietzman's problem is he's egotistical, and will talk about racing and golf too much sometimes. He could be good if he had the right producer. Since he owns 50%+ of 810 (I've heard) he's just basically allowed to mail it in and do whatever he wants.

Kiimo
01-09-2017, 07:27 PM

810 actively bashes KU and I still can't bring myself to listen to anything else.

58-4ever
01-09-2017, 07:44 PM
I hope Carrington gets to carry the show now. He is far more entertaining on the show, and especially on Twitter. Danny was always "too good" for KC. He's a Chicago guy, and I wouldn't be surprised to see him take his weak chin back there.

58-4ever
01-09-2017, 07:49 PM
610 is the leader just because of the Royals radio rights. That is driving their ratings. 810 is overall the best sports station.

It depends on the time slot. The morning shows are kind of a wash IMO. Petro is way better than the mid day crowd on 610, and the Drive is WAY better than KK. KK is the worst in the city.

-King-
01-09-2017, 07:50 PM
I liked the show. It's by far the best in KC. I honestly don't even know if 810 talks aabout sports. Everytime I've tried to tune in, they're having a huge circle jerk about a some random topic.

I don't agree with Parkins on much, but he was better than everyone else.

Carrington will get the A mic duties and Heis will be his cohost, but it's going to take a while for them to get in a groove. Heis isnt interesting to listen to at all really and Cdot is good but I don't know if he's permanent A mic material.
Posted via Mobile Device

58-4ever
01-09-2017, 07:51 PM
Nick Wright is a douchebag. Race baited his way up.

You're a moron. His wife, and therefore his kids, are black. Nick is the best host this city has seen in a long time...

KCwolf
01-09-2017, 07:51 PM
Have no ties ..... Loved his show

-King-
01-09-2017, 07:58 PM
It depends on the time slot. The morning shows are kind of a wash IMO. Petro is way better than the mid day crowd on 610, and the Drive is WAY better than KK. KK is the worst in the city.

Day shift on 610 is the worst.
Posted via Mobile Device

58-4ever
01-09-2017, 08:09 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

Yeah, I feel like it belongs in Central Texas talking High School Football.

jaa1025
01-09-2017, 08:13 PM
This is disappointing. I enjoyed listening to him. I turned on KK today and he said if Alex Smith wins a SB he's in the HoF. HAHAHAHAHAHA

58-4ever
01-09-2017, 08:15 PM
This is disappointing. I enjoyed listening to him. I turned on KK today and he said if Alex Smith wins a SB he's in the HoF. HAHAHAHAHAHA

I don't listen to him because he's hot garbage.... but surely he was kidding?

CHENZ A!
01-09-2017, 09:32 PM
I think Benny Heis is probably a great producer, and he's fine in small doses.. but I don't think it would be very good if he was CDot''s full time co-host. Carrington does a great job, I hope they find someone good to pair with him. Parkins will be tough to replace.

Titty Meat
01-09-2017, 09:39 PM
I thought they were supposed to appeal to the younger guys like you, which is why an old fart (50) like me listens to 810's Border Patrol and Petro.

They hardly talk about anything without getting distracted it's annoying and the stayed tuned for big news well tell ya next! Gets annoying. Petros show is the best in town.

CHENZ A!
01-09-2017, 09:39 PM
The morning shows are kind of a wash IMO.

Dude, no way. The Border Patrol is a good show. They're perfect for the AM, and can actually manage to make me laugh on occasion, and I am NOT a morning person.

The Fescoe show is so awful that most times when I switch to 610 during Border Patrol commercial breaks I end up switching back to listen to the ads rather than hear that douchey moron speak.

Dayze
01-09-2017, 09:40 PM
The best part about driving a car with a radio that doesn't work , aside from it being paid off, is I'm not tempted to tune into fucking sports radio garbage. I drove my wife's car into work about a year ago and was able to tune in (mostly out of habit)and my god.....sports radio is awful

tmw4h5
01-09-2017, 09:49 PM
Bob Fescoe is the morning is a joke. The Border Patrol is fantastic. Petro is a condescending turd who offers little-to-no insight. KK in the afternoon is ATROCIOUS. God, he's horrible to listen to.
Bink and Lake are also horrible. Cdot and Parkins offer a show that is entertaining and insightful. And the ratings show it. Two straight years of dominance. These dudes are good and it's not an opinion - the ratings tell us that.

Titty Meat
01-09-2017, 09:56 PM

Nick is a guest on my buddies podcast sometimes check it out its pretty good and all Chiefs

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/amateur-hour

Pants
01-09-2017, 10:12 PM

This is incorrect.

Al Bundy
01-09-2017, 10:41 PM
I'll never understand how someone like Nick Wright got a national show.

58-4ever
01-09-2017, 10:44 PM
Dude, no way. The Border Patrol is a good show. They're perfect for the AM, and can actually manage to make me laugh on occasion, and I am NOT a morning person.

The Fescoe show is so awful that most times when I switch to 610 during Border Patrol commercial breaks I end up switching back to listen to the ads rather than hear that douchey moron speak.

Meh, Fescoe can be kinda fun when he goes off on his bizarre rants... not intentionally funny, but kinda like that homer friend that gets irrationally defensive of his teams

TribalElder
01-09-2017, 10:45 PM

I figured if Alex wins the Super Bowl he will come back as a broadcaster like Len Dawson years from now continuously re living his football years like al bundy.

Winning the Super Bowl in KC would get him a lifetime pass

MMXcalibur
I don't mind Fescoe. I'll listen to him on a Monday morning after a Chiefs game and that's about it. I can certainly see how he would be grating to listen to though.

I used to listen to 810 a few years back, but it was too much college talk and commercials. The last time I listened was on a Friday afternoon a few years back after work on the drive home. I was pumped for the Chiefs game that weekend and when I played 810 live: I got trivia. Could I have listened to one of their podcasts instead? Probably, but I think I was on my way out anyways. Just couldn't get over doing trivia on a Friday afternoon, the weekend before a Chiefs game. It just felt....I dunno, old.

610 felt more opinionated and fit my age group a bit more with its other topics....and that's probably why I eventually gravitated that way.

58-4ever
Bob Fescoe is the morning is a joke. The Border Patrol is fantastic. Petro is a condescending turd who offers little-to-no insight. KK in the afternoon is ATROCIOUS. God, he's horrible to listen to.
Bink and Lake are also horrible. Cdot and Parkins offer a show that is entertaining and insightful. And the ratings show it. Two straight years of dominance. These dudes are good and it's not an opinion - the ratings tell us that.

This is somewhat/mostly accurate, but I don't think I hate life as much as you

58-4ever
01-09-2017, 10:47 PM

Really? Nick usually takes an interesting stand that most people don't think of..aka, the Collin Cowherd trick.

BlackHelicopters
01-10-2017, 08:44 AM

Who the hell listens to sports talk radio?

WhawhaWhat
01-10-2017, 08:48 AM
Who the hell listens to sports talk radio?

Sports fans mostly.

Mecca
01-10-2017, 08:52 AM

To me 810 comes off as a bunch of dudes my dads age circle jerking about their golf games. Everytime I turn that shit on it hurts my brain.

Dayze
01-10-2017, 08:57 AM
do they still do those retarded Smoke N Fire segments?

like, that dude would come on the air and they would start talking a little sports, but then boom....it turns into a 15-20 minute segment/infomercial

and don't forget Danny "Put me to sleep' Klinksgale

..and Leabo, however you spell it. The poster child of a sports talk radio guy....having never played, or succeeded in any sport, at any level. lol

WhawhaWhat
01-10-2017, 09:04 AM
To me 810 comes off as a bunch of dudes my dads age circle jerking about their golf games. Everytime I turn that shit on it hurts my brain.

It sounds like you've only ever listened to Keitzman.

Mecca
01-10-2017, 09:05 AM
Danny Klinkscale is like the worst radio guy ever, monotone voice, no emotion just agrees with Keitzman, he's like a less entertaining Tom Jackson.

Mecca
01-10-2017, 09:05 AM
It sounds like you've only ever listened to Keitzman.

Steven ST John is the only guy on their station that is entertaining, Petro is fine at times at other times he's more interested in proving he's the smartest dude in the room.

WhawhaWhat
01-10-2017, 09:07 AM
..and Leabo, however you spell it. The poster child of a sports talk radio guy....having never played, or succeeded in any sport, at any level. lol

No different than posting on a Chiefs message board about football except that he's being paid for it.

tooge
01-10-2017, 09:14 AM
A lot of those 810 guys also are KC natives or have strong ties to KC -- SSJ, Bukaty, Jake, Seaboldt, Petro ...

I can't stand SSJ. That show will spend my entire drive to work talking about how Jake Gutierrez got drunk on Saturday night at (insert lame sports venue) and made an ass of himself. It's the same shit every morning.

Mecca
01-10-2017, 09:17 AM
Considering they don't talk anything national, or sports we don't have, doing a whole day of nothing but sports would get pretty redundant pretty fast.

Molitoth
01-10-2017, 10:19 AM
1) The Border Patrol
2) The Program
3) The Drive

KK has the worst show out of all of them. K-State, Racing, Golf, Jack Harry, and egotistical shitty opinions.

Molitoth
01-10-2017, 10:20 AM
Danny Klinkscale is like the worst radio guy ever, monotone voice, no emotion just agrees with Keitzman, he's like a less entertaining Tom Jackson.

:clap:

gblowfish
01-10-2017, 10:30 AM
As far as 810 goes, Keitzman reminds me of a lot of small town radio station guys. Guys whose daddy owns the station, and they get to do whatever they want because daddy owns the joint. I've met Leabo several times. He's from Independence. He went to Truman, and he was one of my customers a long time ago before he went to work for Keitzman. He's generally a good guy. He was a vendor in Kauffman Stadium, and he's just a regular Joe who loves sports. Dan Clinkscale is a KU guy. My only beef with him is his anti-Mizzou bias. He's kind of the the Ying to Jack Harry's Yang. I think St. John is hilarious, and is the only real Mizzou guy on either 810 or 610. Petro is probably the smartest and hardest worker, but he can be snarky and talks down to listeners. Jeff Montgomery and Brian McRae have ownership money in the station along with Keitzman and Chad Boeger, who's the GM, and who's another big KU guy. Boeger and Bukaty are tight. That station is kind of like a fraternity house. One you pledge, you can stay as long as you want. Very different from some place like 610, which is part of a corporate conglommo, and people ladder climb through that station all the time.

Just two different cultures. Both have warts and both have advantages.

siberian khatru
01-10-2017, 10:43 AM
Boeger and Bukaty are tight.

That I did not know. Were they at KU together?

I'm chuckling at how Clinkscale's name is spelled so many different ways in this thread.

I actually kind of like Danny for his Eeyore pessimism, and particularly like him on the Chiefs postgame. But y'all are right, when he's on with KK he becomes the worst toady. KK can make some ridiculous point that you know every listener is groaning about, and then he says, "Isn't that right, Danny?" and Danny swallows and says "Yes," when you can tell he's thinking, "WTF?" Has he EVER told KK, "Kevin, I have to disagree ..."?

Kietzman is just awful. Uber-douche. I've known people like him, and I can't stand that kind of phony. I would hate to work around him.

ChiTown
01-10-2017, 10:46 AM
1) The Border Patrol
2) The Program
3) The Drive

KK has the worst show out of all of them. K-State, Racing, Golf, Jack Harry, and egotistical shitty opinions.

LOL that you actually think KK talks K-State sports.

BWillie
01-10-2017, 12:12 PM

Like Danny Parkins, he's extremely good at his job. Quite frankly, I don't see eye to eye with either Parkins and Wright. They both annoy the shit out of me. But they know how to create an audience, and get them to keep coming back to see what they are talking about. The best at making a connection, if there is one, with the local audience.

Bowser
01-10-2017, 12:26 PM
I actually like keitzmann ok.

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/hhn.gif

Keitzman has been deconstructed pretty well in this thread, but I'll add something else - Keitzman has a serious inferiority complex when it comes to these rich, famous, good looking athletes. It all started with Tony Gonzalez. KK has a real unhealthy obsession with Gonzalez. It was subtle on air, but it was there. Didn't help matters that Gonzalez blew Keitzman off during radio week at a Super Bowl one year though, lol.

But Kevin always makes these little comments about player's salaries or the perks they get. I always chuckle when I hear it (if I even tune in in the first place).

temper11
01-10-2017, 12:29 PM
Local sports radio. Everybody in every city across the country says it sucks, yet listens to it all the time.

YOu guys crack me up.

Kind of like ESPN. Everybody claims they don't watch ESPN, yet it's the highest rated sports network and costs the most out of ANY network on any cable or satellite package.

I bet none of you guys have ever bought anything from McDonalds, or Wal-Mart either.

Outside of Kietzman, I think the sports radio is pretty good in this town. Kietzman's problem is he's egotistical, and will talk about racing and golf too much sometimes. He could be good if he had the right producer. Since he owns 50%+ of 810 (I've heard) he's just basically allowed to mail it in and do whatever he wants.

It's in style these days to hate everything.

temper11
01-10-2017, 12:35 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

This times 1000. Everyone rips on Fescoe... but for me, Lake and Bink are the worst. Everytime they say "Yuup", which is about every 12 to 17 seconds, I freakin want to hurt somebody.

:cuss:

Fish
01-10-2017, 12:37 PM
Keitzman has been deconstructed pretty well in this thread, but I'll add something else - Keitzman has a serious inferiority complex when it comes to these rich, famous, good looking athletes. It all started with Tony Gonzalez. KK has a real unhealthy obsession with Gonzalez. It was subtle on air, but it was there. Didn't help matters that Gonzalez blew Keitzman off during radio week at a Super Bowl one year though, lol.

But Kevin always makes these little comments about player's salaries or the perks they get. I always chuckle when I hear it (if I even tune in in the first place).

Yup. And coaches too. Gary Pinkel interviews were always hilarious, cause Pinkel couldn't give two shits about it you could tell KK felt disrespected. The few Frank Mason interviews from back in the day were great too. He punked KK pretty good several times, and then Frank declined any more interviews. I always laugh when he gets treated like the dopey egotistical douche he is, and it just eats him up on air and he can't hide it...

gblowfish
01-10-2017, 12:45 PM
Keitzman had a period where he was bagging on Larry Johnson's treatment of women while he was cheating on his first wife with a station employee, who is his current wife. So, every time he gets morally indignant about something, it's hypocritical.

Fescoe is what he is. A New Jersey fatboy who went to KU, has a big mouth like an east coast reporter, and fake laughs a lot during his show. He also has all this crap to say about Missouri politics, and he doesn't even live in Missouri. He went to St. Louis for $ and failed miserably. So when he had his shot at a bigger market, he flamed out. He's a douche like KK, but as least he wears it. KK doesn't.

Titty Meat
01-10-2017, 12:55 PM
They added that new chick Krista sp? Who chimes in sometimes during the show. She's awful and seems stupid.

RunKC
01-19-2017, 09:00 AM
TJ Carpenter fired from 810.

Titty Meat
01-19-2017, 09:11 AM
Lake and Bink need to be fired. Worst show on radio.

siberian khatru
01-19-2017, 09:22 AM

Is Doug Stewart gone too?

Fish
01-19-2017, 09:25 AM

Any mention why? The dude was pretty weird.....

siberian khatru
01-19-2017, 09:32 AM

Nope. He did say he was fired Jan. 11 at 3 p.m.

ptlyon
01-19-2017, 09:33 AM
Nope. He did say he was fired Jan. 11 at 3 p.m.

Ironically right about the time SB IV was ending

siberian khatru
01-19-2017, 09:34 AM
TJ was a hard worker -- 810 had him do lots of stuff, particularly outside the studio. But I found him really inconsistent. His baseball postgame was awful.

RunKC
01-19-2017, 09:36 AM

No but I'm sure it's bc he was an egotistical douche. Nobody likes listening to the "I'm right and always knew _____" guy on radio.

nychief
01-19-2017, 09:40 AM
No but I'm sure it's bc he was an egotistical douche. Nobody likes listening to the "I'm right and always knew _____" guy on radio.

Actually those are the industry standard, see also Colin cowherd.

siberian khatru
01-19-2017, 02:32 PM
Is Doug Stewart gone too?

To answer my own question: Looks like it, he's no longer on The Program's web page, just Petro, Seaboldt and Fast Talkin' Rob.

Wonder if these are just budget cutbacks or something else.

Dayze
01-19-2017, 02:33 PM
godspeed TJ Carpenter.

whomever you are.

KCUnited
01-19-2017, 02:37 PM
Who's the one on 810 that looks like Powder?

Fish
01-19-2017, 02:45 PM
Who's the one on 810 that looks like Powder?

That's Tod Leabo... aka ClearBrow...

http://whb-am.tritondigitalmedia.com/upload/staff-photos/toddleabo.jpg

KCUnited
01-19-2017, 02:54 PM
That's Tod Leabo... aka ClearBrow...

http://whb-am.tritondigitalmedia.com/upload/staff-photos/toddleabo.jpg

http://i1290.photobucket.com/albums/b539/KCUnited1/content_the_descent-darkness_zpstm7kuvwk.jpg

Jerok
01-19-2017, 03:50 PM
I liked Danny Parkins a lot, he always had sensible takes, you just have to get around the 100% liberal bias they have. Definitely the glue that held the show together.

God forbid if Ron the Show gets his job, then I'll never switch the dial to 610 from 810 again.

gblowfish
01-19-2017, 03:51 PM
Leabo will never get whacked. He's got a bromance with KK.

Al Bundy
01-19-2017, 07:49 PM
Doug Stewart moved on to pursue other interests according to Kurtis Seaboldt.

SAUTO
01-19-2017, 08:45 PM
The best part about driving a car with a radio that doesn't work , aside from it being paid off, is I'm not tempted to tune into fucking sports radio garbage. I drove my wife's car into work about a year ago and was able to tune in (mostly out of habit)and my god.....sports radio is awful

I would go insane with no tunes

Dayze
01-19-2017, 09:18 PM
I have a radio on the harley :D

.......though, not having one does blow this time of year.

Al Bundy
01-20-2017, 10:50 AM
I still can't figure out why TJ was let go by 810. My best bet is if he does stay in KC (which he should be a national host) he ends up at 610 with C-Dot.

Al Bundy
02-06-2017, 05:31 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Help us officially welcome <a href="https://twitter.com/bradfanningshow">@bradfanningshow</a> to <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/TheDrive?src=hash">#TheDrive</a>! <a href="https://t.co/UFF3IiwhVH">pic.twitter.com/UFF3IiwhVH</a></p>&mdash; 610 Sports Radio- KC (@610SportsKC) <a href="https://twitter.com/610SportsKC/status/828695519727906816">February 6, 2017</a></blockquote>

Strongside
02-06-2017, 05:43 PM
I like this. C-Dot is a friend and I like Fanning. This will be good radio.

DaFace
02-06-2017, 05:44 PM
We really need to end this practice of bumping a related old thread with news rather than posting a new thread with said news as the actual title.

MahiMike
02-06-2017, 05:54 PM
Tiny little dude.

Titty Meat
02-06-2017, 06:48 PM
They couldn't have found a more annoying host

Priest31kc
02-06-2017, 08:13 PM
They couldn't have found a more annoying host

Agreed. Dont like Fanning. Hes a cocky sounding know it all. Should have hired Carpenter...

wazu
02-06-2017, 08:35 PM
We really need to end this practice of bumping a related old thread with news rather than posting a new thread with said news as the actual title.

THIS! Penalty for doing this should be a week in the Romper Room.

BWillie
02-08-2017, 05:36 PM
Agreed. Dont like Fanning. Hes a cocky sounding know it all. Should have hired Carpenter...

I like him so far. I don't think he's cocky at all. Seems like he can take a joke as well. He has an opinion, which is good.

Carrington and Heisler are ripping him over & over again because he is giving Butera crap for going to play for Italy in the USA baseball classic when he was born and raised in the USA. Valid point.