PDA

View Full Version : Football Raiders not bringing back OC Musgrave

The Franchise
01-10-2017, 04:08 PM
The Raiders are letting OC Bill Musgrave's contract expire.

Musgrave arrived in Oakland with a less-than-stellar offensive reputation, but the Raiders scored the second-most points in the AFC this season. It's a mildly-surprising decision, one NFL.com's Ian Rapoport hints could have been made to retain/promote QBs coach Todd Downing. Downing is just 36 years old. Musgrave will probably have to return to position-coach work.

Easy 6
01-10-2017, 04:12 PM
If you lie down with dogs you get fleas, Bill

Sofa King
01-10-2017, 04:18 PM
Great! They're probably gonna get (insert chiefs coach) away from us!

Mr. Laz
01-10-2017, 05:26 PM
surprising

They are risking fucking up the development of their young,franchise QB.

Even if they are promoting the QB coach, you never know what will happen.

Reerun_KC
01-10-2017, 05:31 PM
Interesting....

pugsnotdrugs19
01-10-2017, 05:45 PM
More interesting is that they are retaining their DC.

That defense was a massive bust.

mdchiefsfan
01-10-2017, 06:01 PM

That is so... Raiderish of them.

jspchief
01-10-2017, 06:50 PM
This move is about retaining Downing and keeping his relationship with Carr intact.

NWTF
01-10-2017, 07:14 PM

No kidding. The offense is what carried them this year. I wouldve expected a change at DC not OC. lol

Mr. Laz
01-10-2017, 07:54 PM
This move is about retaining Downing and keeping his relationship with Carr intact.
So the raiders are saying that system continuity/OC relationship isn't as important as the relationship with the QB coach?

OC didn't do much but call plays?

RobBlake
01-10-2017, 07:57 PM
carr called 90% of his own plays in college.. wouldn't be surprised at this point that carr did similar stuff. Raiders defense did get better as the season ended.

TEX
01-10-2017, 08:00 PM
If you lie down with dogs you get fleas, Bill

ROFL

NWTF
01-10-2017, 08:02 PM
carr called 90% of his own plays in college.. wouldn't be surprised at this point that carr did similar stuff. Raiders defense did get better as the season ended.

Actually I think your right on that. I remember one of the commentators saying something about Carr having the ability to call some of his own plays during the Colts game.

Coochie liquor
01-10-2017, 08:04 PM
Faders gonna fade... I wish they get rid of McKenzie as gm and hire pioli!!

jspchief
01-10-2017, 11:39 PM
So the raiders are saying that system continuity/OC relationship isn't as important as the relationship with the QB coach?

OC didn't do much but call plays?
Downing was getting interest from other teams. The Raiders determined that keeping him via promotion was a priority over Musgrave. Time will tell if it was a smart move.

lawrenceRaider
01-11-2017, 10:04 AM
Musgrave was so conservative with his play calling that I think it contributed to some of the Raiders need to come back in the 4th qtr of games. Only when it was crunch time would Musgrave open up the offense, or was that Carr just taking the reigns? I honestly don't think Downing could jack things up with Carr at the helm. We need a real 3rd WR and look out.

MahiMike
01-11-2017, 11:55 AM
Typical del rio move. You watch. He will fire at least 1 coordinator every year. Did the same in jax.

Bowser
01-11-2017, 12:03 PM
Musgrave was clearly the reason why the Raiders couldn't score against the Broncos, lost the 2 seed, and got embarrassed by the shit ass Texans in the playoffs. Good move taking out the trash, Oakland.

Valiant
01-11-2017, 12:35 PM
Their offense was based on Carr, once he went down the OC sucked at getting in effective plays called in and utilized. Seems like a wise decision.

The Franchise
01-11-2017, 12:42 PM
Musgrave was so conservative with his play calling that I think it contributed to some of the Raiders need to come back in the 4th qtr of games. Only when it was crunch time would Musgrave open up the offense, or was that Carr just taking the reigns? I honestly don't think Downing could jack things up with Carr at the helm. We need a real 3rd WR and look out.

The need to come back in the 4th quarter of so many games was the fact that your defense fucking sucked.

milkman
01-11-2017, 09:26 PM
The need to come back in the 4th quarter of so many games was the fact that your defense ****ing sucked.

You are both right.

The offense started out games far too conservative, and the defense wasn't good enough.