PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Bills targeting Brad Childress for OC

RunKC
01-15-2017, 09:07 AM
Via Ian Rapoport

If #Chiefs lose, co-OC Brad Childress could be coaching his last game in KC. Sources say he’s a top target for #Bills OC, as is Greg Olson.

If Brad Childress left #Chiefs for BUF, KC is in good position. Co-OC Matt Nagy could take over as full-time OC after a year of sharing it.

RealSNR
01-15-2017, 09:11 AM
Please let this happen.

If you hate Andy Reid's playcalling, Childress was at least twice as bad when he was in Minnesota. He's not doing us any real favors by being our OC.

Don't think Nagy can really be all that worse.

DaFace
01-15-2017, 09:12 AM
I've never really understood what he actually does for us anyway so whatever.

Gravedigger
01-15-2017, 09:13 AM
They can have him after we win in Houston.

ChiefGator
01-15-2017, 09:15 AM
They can have him after we win in Houston.

Do we play Houston next year?

chiefzilla1501
01-15-2017, 09:28 AM
I've been wondering if Reids pulled back childress' reins. Early in the year, the offensive game planning was brutally terrible. Then you watch the Atlanta game and you see a ton of trickery that to me doesn't seem typical of a Childress offense or even an Andy Reid offense. Either Childress learned a thing or two as a spread consultant or Nagy has more influence on the playcalling. I tend to think its Nagy.

CaliforniaChief
01-15-2017, 09:31 AM
Isn't Childress the one who takes the gameplan and runs a Madden Simulation to test it all out?

Deberg_1990
01-15-2017, 09:33 AM

'Spread Game Analyst' dawg!

rockymtnchief
01-15-2017, 09:45 AM

Super Bowl LI is in Houston.

carcosa
01-15-2017, 09:49 AM
Ok

Titty Meat
01-15-2017, 10:40 AM
Please do

Buehler445
01-15-2017, 10:48 AM
Please let this happen.

If you hate Andy Reid's playcalling, Childress was at least twice as bad when he was in Minnesota. He's not doing us any real favors by being our OC.

Whaaaa? You mean have Dante Culpepper shut his eyes and chuck it in the general direction of Randy Moss isn't good offense? :D

Can't say I care too much. And if I were Childress I wouldn't want to go to work in Buffalo with dickall for a QB, and a Watkins with a bum wheel, and an always broken McCoy, just to get fired in a couple years.

Mr_Tomahawk
01-15-2017, 10:57 AM
Wouldn't be able to tell he was gone...

Easy 6
01-15-2017, 10:59 AM
This sounds like a good time to call Powers Boothe to the set

Hoover
01-15-2017, 11:03 AM
This sounds like a good time to call Powers Boothe to the set
You rang?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/PVrEwCa8nSA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Easy 6
01-15-2017, 11:06 AM
:thumb:

NWTF
01-15-2017, 11:14 AM
Please let this happen.

Agreed. I view loosing Childress as addition by subtraction.

Hoover
01-15-2017, 11:20 AM
Agreed. I view loosing Childress as addition by subtraction.
You mean like Doug Pederson?

Simply Red
01-15-2017, 11:22 AM

this.

The Franchise
01-15-2017, 11:40 AM
ESPN's Rich Cimini believes the Chiefs would block the Jets from interviewing Matt Nagy for their vacancy at offensive coordinator.

The same happened when the Jets tried to interview Eagles QBs coach John DeFilippo earlier this month. Nagy is currently sharing OC duties with Brad Childress but could have that role to himself if Childress leaves this offseason. NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reported Sunday that Childress is a leading candidate for the Bills' vacancy at offensive coordinator. The Jets interviewed Broncos RBs coach Eric Studesville last week but he opted to stay in Denver. Obviously the Jets' open coordinator position isn't drawing much interest around the league.
Related: Jets
Source: ESPN.com Jan 15 - 11:37 AM

wazu
01-15-2017, 11:45 AM
ESPN's Rich Cimini believes the Chiefs would block the Jets from interviewing Matt Nagy for their vacancy at offensive coordinator.

The same happened when the Jets tried to interview Eagles QBs coach John DeFilippo earlier this month. Nagy is currently sharing OC duties with Brad Childress but could have that role to himself if Childress leaves this offseason. NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reported Sunday that Childress is a leading candidate for the Bills' vacancy at offensive coordinator. The Jets interviewed Broncos RBs coach Eric Studesville last week but he opted to stay in Denver. Obviously the Jets' open coordinator position isn't drawing much interest around the league.
Related: Jets
Source: ESPN.com Jan 15 - 11:37 AM

Even if Nagy had Chiefs job all to himself, Andy calls the plays. Jets would be a REAL offensive coordinator job. Seems kinda crappy to block him.

rabblerouser
01-15-2017, 12:21 PM
Whaaaa? You mean have Dante Culpepper shut his eyes and chuck it in the general direction of Randy Moss isn't good offense? :D

Can't say I care too much. And if I were Childress I wouldn't want to go to work in Buffalo with dickall for a QB, and a Watkins with a bum wheel, and an always broken McCoy, just to get fired in a couple years.

Wasn't Childress with Reid in Philly during the "Just chuck it up, Pep" Culpepper/Moss era? I'm just saying, Childress was in MN during the T-Jack/Favre era...

RunKC
01-15-2017, 12:45 PM
I think Nagy could be a good coach in a few years. Players seem to really like him

tk13
01-15-2017, 01:11 PM
My only worry is Childress is a veteran coach who can get on Reid when he gets too pass happy. If he leaves I wouldn't be surprised if we end up having that more than occasional loss where Reid only runs the ball 9 times. But Nagy's been around long enough, maybe he'd have enough pull too.

Mr. Laz
01-15-2017, 03:08 PM
We have no idea whether to be happy or sad about it. Have no idea what he actually does.

Reid is the guy so I'm not sure anyone else matters.

Our OL coach doesn't seem to be anything special. Someone should feel free to hire him if they want.

DaneMcCloud
01-15-2017, 03:26 PM
Our OL coach doesn't seem to be anything special. Someone should feel free to hire him if they want.

Andy Heck has coached up two 6th rounders from 2014 and turn them into average starters.

Fisher became a Pro Bowler this year, Schwartz has recently turned around what was earlier, a rough season and made the Pro Bowl while Morse is more than decent (even though he regressed this season a bit).

I don't think hat's the guy you want to replace.

thabear04
01-15-2017, 08:21 PM

Talking about the Super Bowl in Houston but Chiefs do play Houston don't know why. They're like the Bills how Chiefs used to play them every season.

ping2000
01-15-2017, 10:58 PM
Please take him. And others. Who do you want? Everyone is available.

dannybcaitlyn
01-15-2017, 11:09 PM
What so appealing to other teams about our 28th ranked offense?

The Franchise
01-17-2017, 11:25 AM
Vic Carucci of the Buffalo News reports Chiefs co-OC Brad Childress is "out of the picture" for the Bills' vacant offensive coordinator position.

It is not clear why he has been dropped from the race, but it is possible the Chiefs blocked the move like they did when fellow co-OC Matt Nagy was drawing interest from the Jets earlier this month. With Childress gone, the Bills are running out of options. Former Jaguars OC Greg Olson is scheduled to interview on Thursday, and he looks like the best candidate remaining.
Related: Bills
Source: Vic Carucci on Twitter Jan 17 - 11:25 AM

Marcellus
01-17-2017, 11:27 AM
Vic Carucci of the Buffalo News reports Chiefs co-OC Brad Childress is "out of the picture" for the Bills' vacant offensive coordinator position.

It is not clear why he has been dropped from the race, but it is possible the Chiefs blocked the move like they did when fellow co-OC Matt Nagy was drawing interest from the Jets earlier this month. With Childress gone, the Bills are running out of options. Former Jaguars OC Greg Olson is scheduled to interview on Thursday, and he looks like the best candidate remaining.
Related: Bills
Source: Vic Carucci on Twitter Jan 17 - 11:25 AM

Or it could be they watched the game Sunday night.

bevischief
01-17-2017, 11:34 AM
Sunday's game is what got Childress fired from the Vikings.

Titty Meat
01-17-2017, 11:51 AM
Sunday's game is what got Childress fired from the Vikings.

No.