PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs It's time to move on from Alex Smith.

Pages : [1] 2

Chiefs Pantalones
01-15-2017, 10:40 PM
He wasn't even the main reason we lost. We're just never gonna win a Super Bowl with him. It's time.

The two best QBs in the AFC are left to play for the right to play in the Super Bowl. Not shocking.

Every team that has won their playoff matchup has had the better QB. Unless you have an elite defense the better QB is more often than not gonna win the matchup. It's not rocket science.

Time to draft one high. Finally.

New World Order
01-15-2017, 10:41 PM
Damn straight.

petegz28
01-15-2017, 10:42 PM
Smith was not the reason we lost. Dude missed a pass to Maclin and that was about it. I don't care who the QB is, when you call plays like we do and you can't block, can't rush the QB and can't catch the fucking ball..Smith is hardly the problem

TigeRRUppeRRcut
We haven't even drafted his replacement yet.. He's playing the 2017 season barring injury with his expected cap hit

beach tribe
Why, you think he should throw it to Tyreek sprinting wide open?

ChiefRocka
01-15-2017, 10:44 PM
I kinda agree after this one. Game was planned short around his abilities, against a shitty Steeler secondary. Need to do better Reid.....Dorsey!

beach tribe
01-15-2017, 10:44 PM
Smith was not the reason we lost. Dude missed a pass to Maclin and that was about it. I don't care who the QB is, when you call plays like we do and you can't block, can't rush the QB and can't catch the ****ing ball..Smith is hardly the problem

He missed two wide open TDs to Tyreek.
But he would have had to throw it more than 10 yards so...

St. Patty's Fire
01-15-2017, 10:45 PM
of course when we got our first overall it was right after luck and newton. typical chiefs.

if you look at the chiefs history, we are historically a thin team at the qb position. and a team that doesnt win in the playoffs. that correlation is obvious. i like alex smith quite a bit, but were not the 85 bears. even if we were, the way the game is played today, i dont see it working more often than not.

draft qbs every draft. next time there is a legit looking star qb, take the hit and be a bad teamfor one year so you can be good for 15.

with our lick well get ryan leaf tho so it wont even matter

RobBlake

He missed hill on that play and on two point conversion. Draft a replacement, Alex is to complacent. If they run a different offense...

petegz28
He missed two wide open TDs to Tyreek.

No, he didn't. He had no chance to make those throws.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
I kinda agree after this one. Game was planned short around his abilities, against a shitty Steeler secondary. Need to do better Reid.....Dorsey!

Pitt secondary and defense has been solid this half of the season.. Don't kid yourself

FlintHillsChiefs
01-15-2017, 10:46 PM
Christ. Smith wasn't the reason we lost today. Yes, he missed a wide open Hill. Of course, Harrison was all over his ass that play.... a guy Eric Fisher was guarding. He also made some great throws today that were flat out dropped. The reason we lost is because Fisher is not worthy of a starting position let alone his contract.

mnchiefsguy
01-15-2017, 10:46 PM

Not once, but twice.

At the end of the day, scoring 16 points in a playoff game is not acceptable.

Need to start drafting QB's.

As much as I fucking hate horse-face, I give him credit....he does not put up with shit like this. Tebow wasn't getting it done, he flushed him....John Fox wins four straight division titles but sucks in the post season...flush him.

The entire offense was shit. Including the QB. No sugar coating this.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
01-15-2017, 10:47 PM
How about our run game this season after coming off a strong 2015 season....

beach tribe
01-15-2017, 10:47 PM
He missed hill on that play and on two point conversion. Draft a replacement, Alex is to complacent. If they run a different offense...

Also missed Reek beating his man by 7 yards for another TD.

beach tribe
01-15-2017, 10:48 PM
How about our run game this season after coming off a strong 2015 season....

Alexuses.

Chiefs Pantalones
Smith was not the reason we lost. Dude missed a pass to Maclin and that was about it. I don't care who the QB is, when you call plays like we do and you can't block, can't rush the QB and can't catch the ****ing ball..Smith is hardly the problem

The Chiefs just lost a playoff game where they scored 2 touchdowns and their opponent scored 0. If we had even an average offense we win this game going away. Don't wanna hear about the defense. They did their job.

St. Patty's Fire
How about our run game this season after coming off a strong 2016 season....

definitely shouldnt be overlooked.

our offensive line is shit. put bell behind this line and he averages 75yds a game if hes lucky.

ware is a solid back, but id definitely look at drafting one higher up if theres no qb available.

Red Dawg
We lost because Smith is not an NFL darling. They want Brady and Ben so they call holding when we tie the game. Plain and simple.

OldSchool
01-15-2017, 10:49 PM
There were far more reasons why the Chiefs lost tonight than Alex Smith.

l4z4rd
01-15-2017, 10:49 PM
Doesn't help that Fisher was getting beat all night by Grandpa Harrison

hitchief
01-15-2017, 10:50 PM
hate makes for blind crybabies and stupid posters.

Its so easy to say he should have hit Hill sprinting open but then if you want to be accurate you'd have to watch the whole play from above so you could see the progression and the protection.

Alex didn't have all dam day like Ben had. He had maybe two reads per pass attempt and then he was either hit or running.

Stupid ass bitch's in here crying all the time makes me sick

prhom
01-15-2017, 10:51 PM
Smith wasn't the reason we lost, but didn't do enough to win. Same story as always. He should be our QB in 2017, but you have to plan for the next year. He shouldn't be extended.

Dave Lane
01-15-2017, 10:52 PM

And more than once I counted 5 times I saw him with at least 3 steps on a defender and no throw.

St. Patty's Fire
01-15-2017, 10:53 PM
Smith wasn't the reason we lost, but didn't do enough to win. Same story as always. He should be our QB in 2017, but you have to plan for the next year. He shouldn't be extended.

well put. he's not bad enough to lose games but he really isnt good enough to will us to wins either. hell show flashes of both good and bad bit in the end hes just ok.

cant win with a qb like that in this league. just cant.

OldSchool
01-15-2017, 10:54 PM

Uh, no. You do realize that Pitt had one of the top defenses in the league in the second half of the season right? They also had 38 sacks on the season and finished top 10 in scoring defense, etc. It's not a cakewalk against the Steelers.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
Alexuses.

Again, you are the same stupid moron who only shows up when this team loses. Your take on football is practically shit.

ChiefsCountry
Since Marty took over in 1989 quarterbacks we have faced in the playoffs...

Won
Todd Marinovich
Neil O'Donnell
Warren Moon
Brian Hoyer

Losses
Dan Marino
Jim Kelly
Stan Humphries
Jim Kelly
Dan Marino
Jim Harbaugh
John Elway
Peyton Manning
Peyton Manning
Joe Flacco
Andrew Luck
Tom Brady
Ben Roethlisberger

Anybody seeing a trend.....

TigeRRUppeRRcut
01-15-2017, 10:55 PM
Uh, no. You do realize that Pitt had one of the top defenses in the league in the second half of the season right? They also had 38 sacks on the season and finished top 10 in scoring defense, etc. It's not a cakewalk against the Steelers.

Fact

OldSchool
01-15-2017, 10:56 PM
And more than once I counted 5 times I saw him with at least 3 steps on a defender and no throw.

Right, with a safety on top and a pass rusher bearing down on Smith. That would have gone well right? Just chuck it up into double coverage while getting hit.

The one play you could make an argument for was the one where they highlighted Hill specifically, but even on that play Smith was already rolling right early due to pressure well before Hill broke open.

RealSNR
01-15-2017, 10:57 PM
He played good enough to convince 90% of fans that he's not a problem.

Just like he always fucking does.

St. Patty's Fire
01-15-2017, 10:58 PM

Just like he always fucking does.

hes not the problem but he certainly isnt the solution

complete neutrality

OldSchool
01-15-2017, 11:00 PM

Just like he always ****ing does.

The only ones who think that he's actually the problem are the same idiots who wanted Geno Smith at #1 overall. ROFL

mnchiefsguy
01-15-2017, 11:01 PM

I would agree with this. He is A problem...not THE problem. And he has now proven that he is not the answer.

prhom
01-15-2017, 11:02 PM
well put. he's not bad enough to lose games but he really isnt good enough to will us to wins either. hell show flashes of both good and bad bit in the end hes just ok.

cant win with a qb like that in this league. just cant.

The frustrating thing is that it is easy to see how we COULD have won this game. That's why I don't think you just bail in the guy unless you know what you are doing next. We have no heir apparent so need to draft someone else. We are right there with all of the other also-rans with no QB.

duncan_idaho
01-15-2017, 11:04 PM
Of course it's time to move on from Alex Smith. Just like it was last year, and the year before, and the year before, and when Dorsey got off the phone with San Francisco and was mulling the initial trade offer.

Won
Todd Marinovich
Neil O'Donnell
Warren Moon
Brian Hoyer

Losses
Dan Marino
Jim Kelly
Stan Humphries
Jim Kelly
Dan Marino
Jim Harbaugh
John Elway
Peyton Manning
Peyton Manning
Joe Flacco
Andrew Luck
Tom Brady
Ben Roethlisberger

NO TRENDS TO BE SEEN HERE!

Yeah, they sure looked like a top defense getting carved up at home by Pro Bowl, established franchise QB Matt Moore last week.

Rausch
01-15-2017, 11:05 PM

People act like it's 90% Alex's fault - it's not.

The play calling is more than 50% of the problem. You don't throw none-yard-passes for most of 3 quarters and then suddenly become the greatest show on turf in the 4th.

You just don't.

And we all seem to be forgetting that not a single bit of this matters of Fish doesn't hold on the single most important play of the game...

dls6501
01-15-2017, 11:08 PM
Alex wassnt the reason we lost. But he had chance after chance to win the game for us, and he didnt.

Dave Lane
01-15-2017, 11:15 PM

Won
Todd Marinovich
Neil O'Donnell
Warren Moon
Brian Hoyer

Losses
Dan Marino
Jim Kelly
Stan Humphries
Jim Kelly
Dan Marino
Jim Harbaugh
John Elway
Peyton Manning
Peyton Manning
Joe Flacco
Andrew Luck
Tom Brady
Ben Roethlisberger

Quality post, rep.

BigBeauford
01-15-2017, 11:16 PM
I don't see how anyone who has football acumen after watching some of the quality qb play seen this postseason, thinks Alex Smith is in the same level as other super bow contenders. He just doesn't have it, no matter how much this game wasn't his fault.

FlintHillsChiefs
01-15-2017, 11:16 PM

Won
Todd Marinovich
Neil O'Donnell
Warren Moon
Brian Hoyer

Losses
Dan Marino
Jim Kelly
Stan Humphries
Jim Kelly
Dan Marino
Jim Harbaugh
John Elway
Peyton Manning
Peyton Manning
Joe Flacco
Andrew Luck
Tom Brady
Ben Roethlisberger

What does that have to do with the price of tea in China?

Chiefs4TheWin
01-15-2017, 11:18 PM
We're not winning shit with Alex smith at QB. Sure we wont ditch him, but don't expect miracles with him.

dls6501
01-15-2017, 11:19 PM
I don't see how anyone who has football acumen after watching some of the quality qb play seen this postseason, thinks Alex Smith is in the same level as other super bow contenders. He just doesn't have it, no matter how much this game wasn't his fault.

The sad part is, some of the Superbowl contenders dont have near the all around team that we do.

Rausch
01-15-2017, 11:19 PM
Alex wassnt the reason we lost. But he had chance after chance to win the game for us, and he didnt.

He was part of it.

The same weaknesses we saw all year we saw today...

Rausch
01-15-2017, 11:20 PM
The sad part is, some of the Superbowl contenders dont have near the all around team that we do.

None of them do.

NONE OF THEM DO...

New World Order
01-15-2017, 11:21 PM
Of course it's time to move on from Alex Smith. Just like it was last year, and the year before, and the year before, and when Dorsey got off the phone with San Francisco and was mulling the initial trade offer.

NO TRENDS TO BE SEEN HERE!

Yeah, they sure looked like a top defense getting carved up at home by Pro Bowl, established franchise QB Matt Moore last week.

Damn straight Duncan

duncan_idaho
01-15-2017, 11:22 PM
People act like it's 90% Alex's fault - it's not.

The play calling is more than 50% of the problem. You don't throw none-yard-passes for most of 3 quarters and then suddenly become the greatest show on turf in the 4th.

You just don't.

And we all seem to be forgetting that not a single bit of this matters of Fish doesn't hold on the single most important play of the game...

It's chicken and egg, right?

Does Andy Reid not call plays with downfield patterns because he knows Alex Smith won't throw them?

Or does Alex just never give those deep plays time to develop and actually try to make the throw?

I think Andy and Alex bring out the worst in each other. At least in years past, we heard Andy talk about coaching Alex to throw deep more often. Don't remember hearing that this year.

GoChargers
01-15-2017, 11:24 PM
Pitt secondary and defense has been solid this half of the season.. Don't kid yourself

Pittsburgh's defense let a journeyman backup QB roll up 289 yards on an 80% completion percentage last week - compared to the paltry 172 yards on 58.8% that Smiff managed this week against the same defense.

carcosa
01-15-2017, 11:25 PM
Yeah. Time to move on.

Molitoth
01-15-2017, 11:26 PM
The only ones who think that he's actually the problem are the same idiots who wanted Geno Smith at #1 overall. ROFL

Geno Smith is a ****ing variable dumbshit.

Once you know your QB isn't the answer, you MOVE ON and draft one.

Or are you the asshole that was last to donate to the Save Our Chiefs campaign? Suck shit bitch.

NWTF
01-15-2017, 11:28 PM
That or give him a real running game. Not the smoke and mirrors BS running attack.
Im still for drafting and developing a QB but thats probably not going to happen.

Rausch

Exactly.

When you look at Reid/Alex their strengths are magnified together and their weaknesses compound.

Does Andy Reid not call plays with downfield patterns because he knows Alex Smith won't throw them?

Or does Alex just never give those deep plays time to develop and actually try to make the throw?

When asked to throw deep Alex was accurate, threw with velocity, and made good decisions.

Why was he only asked to throw deep late?

Why did he only look deep late?

Design of the play?
Tight butthole syndrome?

Chicken or egg...

Sandy Vagina
so move on... do it... may as well.. this team needs Aaron Rodgers to succeed.

so move on.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-15-2017, 11:33 PM
I want Tigger Unclechug and Sandy Semenswallow to take their Alex Smith blow-up doll down to the Dixie Bell gay bar and put on a floor show for the clientele whereby they take turns cramming Alex's plastic cock up their asses while toasting each other on "another winning season"!
:)

FlintHillsChiefs
01-15-2017, 11:35 PM
I want Tigger Unclechug and Sandy Semenswallow to take their Alex Smith blow-up doll down to the Dixie Bell gay bar and put on a floor show for the clientele whereby they take turns cramming Alex's plastic cock up their asses while toasting each other on "another winning season"!
:)

You contribute nothing to this forum. GTFO and take your sell conceived wittiness with you.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-15-2017, 11:39 PM
You contribute nothing to this forum. GTFO and take your sell conceived wittiness with you.

Eat shit, fuckbag. Tell me more about winning seasons and game managers!

Go fist yourself none too gently.

Molitoth
01-15-2017, 11:43 PM
so move on... do it... may as well.. this team needs Aaron Rodgers to succeed.

so move on.

Pretty much, now lets try and find him. He could be sitting somewhere around 24 in the draft.

Sandy Vagina
01-15-2017, 11:50 PM
Pretty much, now lets try and find him. He could be sitting somewhere around 24 in the draft.

yep. why not? least he will be cheap fodder to get this roster/HC to a 4 - 7 win team for 2017. Houston and Hali are done. Poe, gone... maybe Berry too. OL is regressing. JMac will mail it in. So... sure.. wtf.

game over. REBUILD

mcaj22
01-15-2017, 11:51 PM
Pittsburgh's defense let a journeyman backup QB roll up 289 yards on an 80% completion percentage last week - compared to the paltry 172 yards on 58.8% that Smiff managed this week against the same defense.

seriously, Brady is going to drop 300 yards on that Steelers secondary like it is easy.

carcosa
01-15-2017, 11:51 PM
It would be nice to draft a QB.

Dave Lane
01-15-2017, 11:58 PM
It would be nice to draft a QB.

Will never ever happen, too scary, too risky, need more big fat linemen.

ThaVirus
01-16-2017, 12:03 AM

I think Andy and Alex bring out the worst in each other. At least in years past, we heard Andy talk about coaching Alex to throw deep more often. Don't remember hearing that this year.

By my count we left three TDs on the field tonight, at minimum, due to shitty passes or shit field awareness by the QB.

Reid has warts but these guys are open deep.

NWTF
01-16-2017, 12:17 AM
Will never ever happen, too scary, too risky, need more big fat linemen.

Hate to say it but I agree. No one wants to take the risk in case it doesnt work out. People say Clark has no say in it but i think hed rather stick with the Peterson model for success. From strictly a business perspective its tried and true, it works. It keeps the seats filled.

Molitoth
01-16-2017, 12:21 AM
Hate to say it but I agree. No one wants to take the risk in case it doesnt work out. People say Clark has no say in it but i think hed rather stick with the Peterson model for success. From strictly a business perspective its tried and true, it works. It keeps the seats filled.

I suppose I'm stupid for never having understood this "risk".

So you don't use your best draft pick on the most important position in sports... you use that on a lesser position of importance. THEN, you go out and trade multiple picks for a QB that another team doesn't want...

So where is this risk?

jd1020
01-16-2017, 12:25 AM

So you don't use your best draft pick on the most important position in sports... you use that on a lesser position of importance. THEN, you go out and trade multiple picks for a QB that another team doesn't want...

So where is this risk?

Are we strictly speaking of the new regimes decisions at QB? Because they could have literally put a corpse under center and it would have filled the seats just because Pioli was fired.

No risk.

wazu
01-16-2017, 12:26 AM
Fuck Alex.

warpaint*
01-16-2017, 12:27 AM
I agree with the OP. He doesn't make plays to help them win games. He just stays out of the way. That doesn't work in 2017 unless you have a generational defense. It isn't the Chiefs only problem by a long shot but QB is their biggest one in terms of what separates them from postseason success.

NWTF
01-16-2017, 12:31 AM

So where is this risk?

Alex as a FA is less risk than a rookie, even a top rookie. You can plug Alex or comparable FA in and with enough talent your likely a .500 team instantly. You probably wont have a high ceiling, but you have a high floor compared to an unproven rookie who could end up being a complete bust at the NFL level or even if he does turn into a franchise QB there could still be growing pains the first few years and the yearly record could suffer and with that fan attendance.

Im NOT for this approach to the QB position. Id rather draft and develop a top prospect. I feel thats the best approach.

Rausch
**** Alex.

Brett Favre and Steve Young ran versions of this offense.

Don't tell me you CAN'T throw downfield...

TripleThreat
Problem is though, We wont draft a Quarterback high. We just wont do it. If we do, thatd be awesome, I just honestly dont see it happening while we have alex smith at this time in his career.

I honestly think that reid and dorsey know they need a better QB in the future, but I dont think, that they think, they need one right now. For example I think they will be drafting one high in about 3-4 years. But as of right now, I think they see a window with Alex even though most of us see that window being AT BEST an AFC champ apperance and nothing more.

Rausch
01-16-2017, 12:32 AM
Alex as a FA is less risk than a rookie, even a top rookie.

That's a great year 1 strategy.

You take that and build under him.

We're not building under him...

TripleThreat
01-16-2017, 12:33 AM
I agree with the OP. He doesn't make plays to help them win games. He just stays out of the way. That doesn't work in 2017 unless you have a generational defense. It isn't the Chiefs only problem by a long shot but QB is their biggest one in terms of what separates them from postseason success.

Almost close. Alex smith stays out of the way until the 4th, like he did today. He couldve went out there and kept slinging it. Instead he waits, and hopes Ben has a turnover, or he hopes and waits the defense does something great, or special teams, so that he doesnt have to be the "problem".. By the time he decided it was time to play, we only had one chance, and it was ruined by a hold....

New World Order
01-16-2017, 12:35 AM
Semen could have done what Alex did this year for a fraction of the price.

SportsVideoGuy
01-16-2017, 12:36 AM
Maybe if our receivers could catch a damn ball, we wouldn't be having this conversation, and everyone would be saying how Alex thrashed the shit out of the Steelers. Did you guys not see all of the fucking drops tonight?

You can't have it both ways.

New World Order
01-16-2017, 12:37 AM
Maybe if our receivers could catch a damn ball, we wouldn't be having this conversation, and everyone would be saying how Alex thrashed the shit out of the Steelers. Did you guys not see all of the ****ing drops tonight?

There were 2 or 3 drops.

Besides, every team has receivers that drop the ball.

We need a qb that can offset his teammates' mistakes. Alex just isn't capable.

chiefzilla1501
01-16-2017, 12:38 AM
Almost close. Alex smith stays out of the way until the 4th, like he did today. He couldve went out there and kept slinging it. Instead he waits, and hopes Ben has a turnover, or he hopes and waits the defense does something great, or special teams, so that he doesnt have to be the "problem".. By the time he decided it was time to play, we only had one chance, and it was ruined by a hold....

It's irritating as shit. Now I'll credit him for being pretty good at it. Arguably, he should have tied the game up today. But it's amazing how incapable the guy is playing with urgency. When we go up 20 points, he turns into a turnover machine. When we're down or the game is close, he refuses to put the ball away.

Why can't he ever be the guy who goes up by 20 points for 4 quarters? Frustrating as shit.

jd1020
Maybe if our receivers could catch a damn ball, we wouldn't be having this conversation, and everyone would be saying how Alex thrashed the shit out of the Steelers. Did you guys not see all of the ****ing drops tonight?

And maybe if Steelers receivers could catch a damn ball they may have scored a TD. Remember the pass that went through the hands of the Steelers receiver that would have been a 1st and goal on their last(?) FG drive?

Everyone has drops.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
We have most of the offensive pieces to be competitive (fix the damn run game!) going forward. To win the SB, you need an elite defense. Time to draft ILB, safety (Parker is aging, Berry may ask too much for being a streaky player), and a pass rusher to compete with Ford.

Marcus, Nelson and Mitchell are doing a great job at corner.

TigeRRUppeRRcut

For reals.

Go Royals
01-16-2017, 12:41 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Alex Smith final numbers<br>No Pressure: 20 for 27, 172 yards, 1 TD, 102.7 passer rating<br>Prssure: 0 for 7, 1 INT, 1 Sack, 0.0 passer rating</p>&mdash; Nathan Jahnke (@PFF_NateJahnke) <a href="https://twitter.com/PFF_NateJahnke/status/820847854285717504">January 16, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

New World Order
We have most of the offensive pieces to be competitive (fix the damn run game!) going forward. To win the SB, you need an elite defense. Time to draft ILB, safety (Parker is aging, Berry may ask too much for being a streaky player), and a pass rusher to compete with Ford.

That means cutting qb cap, right?

mcaj22
I am actually impressed a guy who threw 15 passing touchdowns on the season even got this far. Big Ben and Brady threw 29 and 30 in the same amount or less games played. We are getting half the scoring production out of the position and still got there. It is sad but still impressive but ultimately when it comes down to it we were just going to get out QB'd once we got to the real matchups.

New World Order
01-16-2017, 12:42 AM
Clay was right

JohnnyHammersticks
01-16-2017, 12:43 AM
Alex is like a 3-legged dog. He's loyal and he tries hard, but he's never gonna win any races.

RunKC
01-16-2017, 12:43 AM
Playoff wins: marinovich, O'Donnell, Moon, Hoyer
Playoff losses: manning Brady, Ben, Kelly, Marino, Humphries, Harbaugh, Luck

It's almost as if we lose when our Retread dogshit QB plays a real one. How bout that.

SportsVideoGuy
01-16-2017, 12:44 AM
And maybe if Steelers receivers could catch a damn ball they may have scored a TD. Remember the pass that went through the hands of the Steelers receiver that would have been a 1st and goal on their last(?) FG drive?

Everyone has drops.

You couldn't see it on tv, but the announcers were clear that a ball that went off the hands of Ware was a clear catch and run touchdown had it been caught. Kelce's drop. Albert Wilson's drop on a crucial 3rd down. There were more plays that should've been made.

KC was 4th worst for dropping passes this season. That really says something when you all hate the **** out of a guy who actually has us winning again and think he won't take chances, etc. I wouldn't either with those brick hands on the other end.

AussieChiefsFan
01-16-2017, 12:45 AM
This shit needs to stop

jd1020
01-16-2017, 12:46 AM
You couldn't see it on tv, but the announcers were clear that a ball that went off the hands of Ware was a clear catch and run touchdown had it been caught. Kelce's drop. Albert Wilson's drop on 3rd down. There were more plays that should've been made.

KC was 4th worst for dropping passes this season. That really says something when you all hate the **** out of a guy who actually has us winning again and think he won't take chances, etc. I wouldn't either with those brick hands on the other end.

Ya... Alex has us winning... :rolleyes:

carcosa
01-16-2017, 12:46 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Alex Smith final numbers<br>No Pressure: 20 for 27, 172 yards, 1 TD, 102.7 passer rating<br>Prssure: 0 for 7, 1 INT, 1 Sack, 0.0 passer rating</p>&mdash; Nathan Jahnke (@PFF_NateJahnke) <a href="https://twitter.com/PFF_NateJahnke/status/820847854285717504">January 16, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Lol

SportsVideoGuy
01-16-2017, 12:48 AM
Ya... Alex has us winning... :rolleyes:

Surely weren't winning before him and had how many pro bowlers on the team that won how many games? We had 5 or 6 Pro Bowlers in 2012-2013. How many games were won? 2-14? Yup.

Lots of edits... the shit year was a drastic haze of drunken debauchery.

Go Royals
01-16-2017, 12:48 AM
You couldn't see it on tv, but the announcers were clear that a ball that went off the hands of Ware was a clear catch and run touchdown had it been caught. Kelce's drop. Albert Wilson's drop on a crucial 3rd down. There were more plays that should've been made.

Collinsworth literally said Smith missed that throw to Ware. You're delusional.

jd1020
01-16-2017, 12:49 AM
Surely weren't winning before him and had how many pro bowlers on the team that won how many games? We had 6 Pro Bowlers in 2011-2012. Yup.

Nobody hands the ball off like Smith.

stumppy
Alex is like a 3-legged dog. He's loyal and he tries hard, but he's never gonna win any races.

And he makes a living humping your leg.

FlintHillsChiefs

Yea. People are claiming for Reid's head (LOL) and Smith's job (if we had someone better, sure) but they ignore the devastating impact on the complete brain dead drops today.

Rausch
Playoff wins: marinovich, O'Donnell, Moon, Hoyer
Playoff losses: manning Brady, Ben, Kelly, Marino, Humphries, Harbaugh, Luck

It's almost as if we lose when our Retread dogshit QB plays a real one. How bout that.

You know what your odds are of winning a playoff game if you don't score a point for two quarters?

Around 13%...

chiefzilla1501
01-16-2017, 12:50 AM

It's hard to do that when the front office has been spending so much of their time and money on fixing the offense that you say is so competitive. Which it isn't. We had all our pieces healthy and we've put a lot of money into our offense, and we still put up a stinker on offense. Alex Smith can carry a bad offense to average. But he can't turn an offense from average to excellent no matter how many weapons you give him.

I agree we should be investing in defense. But unlike you, I understand it's because the defense needs to carry this team. It's amazing that your takeaway is to basically suggest that defense lost us the game today.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
01-16-2017, 12:50 AM
Collinsworth literally said Smith missed that throw to Ware. You're delusional.

Collinsworth got it wrong and didn't correct himself. That was a missed pass by Ware.

FlintHillsChiefs
01-16-2017, 12:51 AM
Collinsworth got it wrong and didn't correct himself. That was a missed pass by Ware.

I actually agree. I saw the play and though, god damn it ware! It seemed to be an easy catch.

Go Royals
01-16-2017, 12:51 AM

The fact that you think this lets me know that Collinsworth was dead on. Kill yourself you pathetic ass-sucking fuck

stumppy
01-16-2017, 12:52 AM

Do you have a nephew named tigger that posts on here ?

New World Order
01-16-2017, 12:53 AM
Do you have a nephew named tigger that posts on here ?

LMAO

FlintHillsChiefs
01-16-2017, 12:53 AM
The fact that you think this lets me know that Collinsworth was dead on. Kill yourself you pathetic ass-sucking ****

He's not wrong. Ware obviously missed that catch.

SportsVideoGuy
01-16-2017, 12:55 AM
The fact remains that the dropped passes is why we lost.

stumppy
01-16-2017, 01:01 AM
The fact remains that the dropped passes is why we lost.

Is that sports video guy thing something you're aspiring to be once you get your sight back ?

SportsVideoGuy
01-16-2017, 01:03 AM
"There was running back Spencer Ware's drop of a pass on third-and-7 on the Chiefs' next possession, forcing a punt from their own territory."

Dave Skretta

Article published by almost every major news outlet and newspaper. Same play.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
01-16-2017, 01:05 AM
"There was running back Spencer Ware's drop of a pass on third-and-7 on the Chiefs' next possession, forcing a punt from their own territory."

Dave Skretta

Article published by almost every major news outlet and newspaper. Same play.

:clap:

Rausch
01-16-2017, 01:08 AM
The fact remains that the dropped passes is part of why we lost.

Fixed your post...

Dave Lane
01-16-2017, 01:11 AM
**** Alex.

This over and over again.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
01-16-2017, 01:12 AM
This over and over again.

Cool story. He's the starting QB in 2017. And 50% chance he's back for 2018.

Dave Lane
01-16-2017, 01:13 AM
Fixed your post...

How odd it is that no one noticed they had dropped passes too. It was a miserable wet night to play football. It's part of the game. Throw passes to wide open receivers. Sometimes they are TDs, sometimes they are dropped.

They are never either one if you don't throw it.

Dave Lane
01-16-2017, 01:15 AM

Whats the percentage you will off yourself? That's the only percent I'm curious about right now.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
01-16-2017, 01:16 AM
Whats the percentage you will off yourself? That's the only percent I'm curious about right now.

Find a hobby old man. Your posting on CP sucks.

SportsVideoGuy
01-16-2017, 01:17 AM
How odd it is that no one noticed they had dropped passes too. It was a miserable wet night to play football. It's part of the game. Throw passes to wide open receivers. Sometimes they are TDs, sometimes they are dropped.

You really think the other team dropping passes is a good excuse for dropping passes? Good one. Do you know what else is part of the game that wins games? Not dropping passes. The difference between their drops and catches... They caught the ones that mattered.

Rausch
01-16-2017, 01:21 AM
How odd it is that no one noticed they had dropped passes too.

They did. But to beat a team capable of hanging 30 any week we couldn't have those types of mistakes.

It was a miserable wet night to play football. It's part of the game.

From what I heard it was clear all night.

And Pitt didn't seem to drop $#it when they needed a must-make play.

Throw passes to wide open receivers. Sometimes they are TDs, sometimes they are dropped.

This...

Baby Lee
01-16-2017, 01:24 AM
And Pitt didn't seem to drop $#it when they needed a must-make play.

No, their shortcoming was mostly [ironically] an errant elite franchise QB.

Everyone squawks about the 18 point we held them to. No one mentions them marching up and down the field at will, only to have the Rapist hold his own mini 3&out of hapless passes once in FG range.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
01-16-2017, 01:37 AM

Everyone squawks about the 18 point we held them to. No one mentions them marching up and down the field at will, only to have the Rapist hold his own mini 3&out of hapless passes once in FG range.

Agreed

Rausch
01-16-2017, 01:41 AM

Our defense did was it was supposed to do - eliminate the big play and the game-changing mistake.

They did. We DIDN'T ALLOW A TD.

Fuck! This isn't the 84 Bears or record setting Ravens Defense!

JCharles1981
01-16-2017, 01:42 AM
Let's see. Crucial dropped passes by Travis Kelce and Albert Wilson, Alex Smith being sacked twice on third and long, a personal foul on Kelce at the end of a failed passing play, and a botched 2-point conversion late in the 4th quarter because of an Eric Fisher hold on James Harrison. And you think the loss is mostly Alex Smith's fault?

Mav
01-16-2017, 01:46 AM
I'm not sure that it's time to move on, but I would strongly consider drafting a Watson or Mahomes if they were there at 27.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Superbowltrashcan
01-16-2017, 01:53 AM
hes not the problem but he certainly isnt the solution

complete neutrality

You know I get this but it seems the successful franchises have someone of authority who recognizes a dynamic that has mazimized and rather than wait for more failure to be comfortable with making decisions just rip the bandaid off and reload. They approach it more like: If you aren't part of the solution (winning it all) you are the problem.

Think about it. It makes sense right?

GloryDayz
01-16-2017, 01:54 AM
It's never anybody's fault in the NFL.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk (so spelling be damned!!!)

Rausch
01-16-2017, 01:56 AM
Let's see. Crucial dropped passes by Travis Kelce and Albert Wilson, Alex Smith being sacked twice on third and long, a personal foul on Kelce at the end of a failed passing play, and a botched 2-point conversion late in the 4th quarter because of an Eric Fisher hold on James Harrison. And you think the loss is mostly Alex Smith's fault?

No, that seems like an overall fail to be ready to play a game...

Rasputin
01-16-2017, 01:56 AM
Twelve years 2-6 playoff record Alex Smith

He beat the Saints and I think he played admirably that game because Saints were pretty potent team.

He beat Texans with a pretty shitty quarterback so the defense pretty much laid that one up for him.

Just not thrilling to have Alex Smith as our quarterback.

St. Patty's Fire
01-16-2017, 01:59 AM

yes keep masturbating to that thought if it helps you finish

Rausch
01-16-2017, 02:00 AM

Elite QB didn't do $3it in the red zone.
This tells me our D had the right game plan.

Our offense on the other hand...

duncan_idaho
01-16-2017, 02:01 AM

And plenty of instances that are just on him.

Poor throws down the field that would be easy TDs for others.

Indecision, patting the ball, hesitation. (Multiple times).

No offensive production for a huge portion of the game.

Terrible YPA.

And no running threat.

These are the consistent themes with Alex. He isn't good enough. Draft his replacement this year. Sit them and prep them for 2018. Then move on and admit you just wasted five years.

Rasputin
01-16-2017, 02:05 AM

I think the miss sack Tamba Hali had on a blitz and Ben Rottenburger hit a guy deep was really a big miss opportunity or defense had him nailed at his feet. That play stands out as Ben made crucial plays to keep drives alive even though they settled for field goals we punted way more often than they did too.

A punt that went inside the 5 and a safety would have been golden gift of two points but we let them make the big plays to get themselves out of trouble.

Oh and tackling was horrendous. Although Berry did have a nice stick at los and I saw Dee Ford make a play down the los also but we let the Bell toll.

Baby Lee
01-16-2017, 02:05 AM

Didn't do shit because he was errant, not because we tightened up.

Go back and review the game thread. Every time they were in the red zone, it was 'WTF are they doing now? 'I don't know, but thank you.'

That was referring to the shift from productive running to shitty passes.

JCharles1981
01-16-2017, 02:08 AM
And plenty of instances that are just on him.

Poor throws down the field that would be easy TDs for others.

Indecision, patting the ball, hesitation. (Multiple times).

No offensive production for a huge portion of the game.

Terrible YPA.

And no running threat.

These are the consistent themes with Alex. He isn't good enough. Draft his replacement this year. Sit them and prep them for 2018. Then move on and admit you just wasted five years.

It's still not mostly Smith's fault. He has to go with whatever offensive plays Andy Reid has sent out to the field from the sidelines. He doesn't get quite the number of opportunities to call audibles like Peyton Manning did with the Broncos and Colts.

Rausch
01-16-2017, 02:08 AM
Then move on and admit you just wasted five years.

The last time we won a home game I ran around the block in my boxers, in over a foot of snow, screaming "Chiefs won! Chiefs won!"

I'm fucking 40.

I'm old now.

I actually need blood pressure meds.

This isn't 5 years this is 25 years of investment. I'm balls deep. They have to win at some point to make this worth all my time...

New World Order
01-16-2017, 02:11 AM
Please let Clay back.

Please.

SportsVideoGuy
01-16-2017, 02:43 AM
You're not getting someone better. Sorry.

PASSING: Minimum 200 passes, 34 players ranked

Player Team DYAR Rk YAR Rk DVOA Rk VOA QBR Rk Pass Yards EYds TD FK FL INT C% DPI ALEX
M.Ryan ATL 1,918 1 1,801 1 40.2% 1 37.0% 83.4 1 571 4,693 5,613 38 1 2 7 70.0% 10/171 -0.4
D.Brees NO 1,581 2 1,467 2 23.0% 4 20.5% 72.1 5 694 4,987 5,885 37 0 4 14 71.1% 5/87 1.4
K.Cousins WAS 1,342 3 1,223 6 21.5% 5 18.6% 72.1 5 626 4,738 5,137 25 2 2 12 67.3% 7/215 2.4
D.Prescott DAL 1,301 4 1,224 5 31.5% 3 29.0% 81.7 3 483 3,527 4,228 23 2 4 4 68.1% 4/77 1.2
T.Brady NE 1,295 5 1,372 3 33.8% 2 36.5% 83.1 2 444 3,441 4,074 28 2 0 2 67.9% 3/64 2.2
A.Rodgers GB 1,251 6 1,268 4 18.2% 8 18.6% 77.0 4 644 4,190 5,142 40 3 2 6 65.8% 7/239 3.8
D.Carr OAK 1,169 7 1,044 7 19.9% 6 16.6% 61.8 16 575 3,834 4,624 28 0 3 6 64.2% 19/287 1.0
B.Roethlisberger PIT 776 8 760 9 11.2% 9 10.7% 66.6 10 524 3,653 3,850 29 2 2 13 64.8% 8/121 4.2
M.Stafford DET 764 9 760 8 7.3% 14 7.2% 70.7 8 628 4,094 4,379 24 1 2 10 65.8% 13/162 1.7
A.Luck IND 744 10 689 10 8.0% 12 6.6% 71.0 7 585 3,961 4,145 31 1 4 13 64.0% 10/229 1.4
A.Dalton CIN 736 11 668 11 7.6% 13 5.9% 58.3 20 605 3,915 4,164 18 5 2 8 65.0% 10/133 0.8
A.Smith KC 696 12 542 15 9.6% 10 5.0% 66.0 11 518 3,372 3,646 16 1 4 8 67.3% 1/12 0.4
M.Mariota TEN 626 13 668 12 9.3% 11 10.7% 64.9 12 474 3,229 3,318 26 2 3 9 61.7% 11/154 2.3
R.Wilson SEA 562 14 595 13 3.9% 15 4.8% 63.1 15 588 3,919 3,768 21 5 2 11 65.1% 8/170 0.9
J.Winston TB 560 15 542 16 3.7% 16 3.2% 64.9 12 603 3,824 3,825 28 2 5 16 61.0% 11/155 3.2
P.Rivers SD 533 16 461 18 2.3% 18 0.5% 64.5 14 614 4,135 3,916 33 4 5 21 60.6% 9/98 1.2
S.Bradford MIN 526 17 589 14 2.7% 17 4.3% 49.0 29 588 3,576 3,769 20 4 5 5 71.8% 6/92 -1.2
B.Hoyer CHI 403 18 504 17 19.5% 7 27.2% 61.5 17 203 1,429 1,608 6 1 1 0 67.7% 2/32 1.2
T.Taylor BUF 256 19 329 19 -2.7% 19 -0.2% 68.2 9 476 2,806 2,773 17 0 1 6 61.8% 5/110 2.5
E.Manning NYG 192 20 196 22 -6.5% 20 -6.4% 52.2 27 620 3,881 3,563 26 3 4 15 63.2% 9/85 2.9
C.Palmer ARI 155 21 303 20 -7.4% 22 -3.8% 58.9 18 641 3,905 3,557 26 9 4 14 61.6% 11/143 -0.1
T.Siemian DEN 127 22 205 21 -7.3% 21 -5.0% 55.5 21 516 3,183 2,871 18 1 2 9 59.6% 11/147 1.5
B.Bortles JAC 55 23 0 26 -9.9% 24 -11.1% 49.0 29 661 3,700 3,632 23 1 6 16 58.9% 18/313 1.7
C.Kessler CLE 52 24 82 24 -7.5% 23 -5.3% 49.9 28 218 1,225 1,198 6 3 1 2 66.0% 3/66 -0.8
Player Team DYAR Rk YAR Rk DVOA Rk VOA QBR Rk Pass Yards EYds TD FK FL INT C% DPI ALEX
R.Tannehill MIA -12 25 72 25 -11.6% 25 -8.4% 54.6 24 419 2,743 2,128 19 6 2 12 67.6% 3/34 1.4
M.Barkley CHI -21 26 103 23 -12.6% 26 -4.0% 39.7 33 223 1,564 1,121 8 1 2 13 59.7% 4/104 4.0
C.Newton CAR -60 27 -58 29 -12.9% 28 -12.9% 53.1 26 542 3,223 2,658 19 0 2 14 53.5% 6/95 3.3
C.Wentz PHI -70 28 -15 27 -12.9% 27 -11.5% 53.4 25 641 3,572 3,207 16 5 3 14 62.6% 6/100 0.1
J.Flacco BAL -126 29 -17 28 -13.9% 29 -11.5% 58.6 19 697 4,049 3,446 21 2 3 14 65.8% 6/119 0.7
C.Kaepernick SF -149 30 -102 30 -17.7% 30 -15.6% 55.2 23 366 2,044 1,633 16 6 1 4 59.4% 2/22 0.1
C.Keenum LARM -185 31 -172 31 -19.6% 31 -19.0% 43.8 32 345 2,054 1,501 9 2 1 11 60.9% 5/84 0.4
R.Fitzpatrick NYJ -328 32 -338 32 -22.9% 32 -23.3% 45.2 31 423 2,601 1,795 12 6 1 16 56.7% 8/131 1.7
B.Osweiler HOU -569 33 -519 33 -27.1% 33 -25.7% 55.4 22 536 2,739 2,087 15 3 2 15 59.4% 7/76 0.5
J.Goff LARM -880 34 -817 34 -74.7% 34 -70.2% 22.2 34 230 876 -83 5 3 2 7 54.9% 2/22 -2.

stumppy
01-16-2017, 02:46 AM
You're not getting someone better. Sorry.

Damn, thats too bad. It's a shame there is not a way to get guys coming out of college. Maybe a QB who has the skills to become a franchise QB in the NFL. How will any of those teams ever replace their aging QBs ?

SportsVideoGuy
01-16-2017, 02:48 AM
The last time we won a home game I ran around the block in my boxers, in over a foot of snow, screaming "Chiefs won! Chiefs won!"

I'm ****ing 40.

I'm old now.

I actually need blood pressure meds.

This isn't 5 years this is 25 years of investment. I'm balls deep. They have to win at some point to make this worth all my time...

I'm a Phoenix Suns fan for 28 years... That's heartbreak. 5th All-Time win percentage, 0 titles in 2 franchise finals (1 as a fan), and we're now one of the few laughing stocks of the league the past two years.

SportsVideoGuy
01-16-2017, 02:49 AM
Damn, thats too bad. It's a shame there is not a way to get guys coming out of college. Maybe a QB who has the skills to become a franchise QB in the NFL. How will any of those teams ever replace their aging QBs ?

Let's start with how many times the Chiefs have actually drafted a QB with any talent...

Tribal Warfare
01-16-2017, 02:51 AM
Hopefully, now some of you will finally realize that Alex has peaked, and will only go downhill from here.

GloryDayz
01-16-2017, 02:55 AM
Drew Lock...

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk (so spelling be damned!!!)

Rasputin
01-16-2017, 06:47 AM
Fuck Alex Smith

Did not want and this is why. Mediocre quarterback and we are in purgatory hell for him. Win enough to keep money in Clarks kaki pant pockets but that's about it.

duncan_idaho
01-16-2017, 07:08 AM
Let's start with how many times the Chiefs have actually drafted a QB with any talent...

I'll go with "1," and "0 since 1984" as my answers.

farmerchief
01-16-2017, 07:25 AM
Smith is and would be an excellent backup QB. He would be great to come in if your starter got hurt, and manage the game. He probably wouldnt lose you the game, but he isnt one that can put the team on his shoulders and go out and win it. Not his fault, just the way it is.

MahiMike
01-16-2017, 07:32 AM
Andy lost this game. I was shocked he wasn't throwing to Conley, Maclin, and Harris to start the game. Did he not think they would take away our big threats?

We held the steelers to 16 points and lost.

Shame

Danguardace
01-16-2017, 07:59 AM
Brady and Roethlisberger going nowhere, you then have Flacco, Carr and Luck a level behind them.

I don't know where you put Smith on that scale but Chiefs are caught between 2 realities; A guy who can get you to the play-offs but guy who cant get you through it.

BigCatDaddy
01-16-2017, 08:14 AM
Brady and Roethlisberger going nowhere, you then have Flacco, Carr and Luck a level behind them.

I don't know where you put Smith on that scale but Chiefs are caught between 2 realities; A guy who can get you to the play-offs but guy who cant get you through it.

Martyball wins in the regular season, but eventually you have to be aggressive on go out and in a game. You can't count on ST and defensive scores against top shelf teams. Either go out and get Romo and pray he can stay healthy or draft a guy. Otherwise you are just fielding a competitive and while some might be happy with that, I'm not.

BigCatDaddy
01-16-2017, 08:15 AM
Smith is and would be an excellent backup QB. He would be great to come in if your starter got hurt, and manage the game. He probably wouldnt lose you the game, but he isnt one that can put the team on his shoulders and go out and win it. Not his fault, just the way it is.

Yep. His style is what most teams ask of their backup QB's.

RaidersOftheCellar
01-16-2017, 08:19 AM
Not once, but twice.

At the end of the day, scoring 16 points in a playoff game is not acceptable.

Need to start drafting QB's.

As much as I ****ing hate horse-face, I give him credit....he does not put up with shit like this. Tebow wasn't getting it done, he flushed him....John Fox wins four straight division titles but sucks in the post season...flush him.

The entire offense was shit. Including the QB. No sugar coating this.

Don't compare Smith to Tebow. Or a 12-4 team to an 8-8.

As for the original post, it's probably not smart to start a draft pick next year. We're not exactly sitting on a top 5 pick.

duncan_idaho
01-16-2017, 08:23 AM
Martyball wins in the regular season, but eventually you have to be aggressive on go out and in a game. You can't count on ST and defensive scores against top shelf teams. Either go out and get Romo and pray he can stay healthy or draft a guy. Otherwise you are just fielding a competitive and while some might be happy with that, I'm not.

Yeah. That's what is most depressing about this whole thing... it was incredibly predictable.

They have weapons on offense now. Travis Kelce is an elite receiving TE. Tyreek Hill takes the top off the defense and demands extra attention, creating space for the rest of the receivers. Jeremy Maclin is still a good NFL receiver (not elite but in that next tier).

And the offense is still stale and reliant on help to put up big point totals.

Alex Smith + Andy Reid is the ultimate Martyball combo on offense.

Alex and Andy would find a way to waste Julio Jones, if they had him.

Deberg_1990
01-16-2017, 08:25 AM

Alex Smith is in that Rivers/Cutler/Romo group

Just 'good enough' to keep you from rebuilding

Football purgatory.......

BigCatDaddy
01-16-2017, 08:26 AM
Yeah. That's what is most depressing about this whole thing... it was incredibly predictable.

They have weapons on offense now. Travis Kelce is an elite receiving TE. Tyreek Hill takes the top off the defense and demands extra attention, creating space for the rest of the receivers. Jeremy Maclin is still a good NFL receiver (not elite but in that next tier).

Agreed. I'm a little surprised how many people are upset as predictable as this was. I knew what was going to happen and it did. I called this shit 4 years ago.

BigCatDaddy
01-16-2017, 08:28 AM
Alex Smith is in that Rivers/Cutler/Romo group

Just 'good enough' to keep you from rebuilding

Football purgatory.......

Romo and Rivers are possible HOF'ers LMAO Cutler is dog shit.

RunKC
01-16-2017, 08:58 AM
Cut Alex as a June 1st designation and save $9.7 million. Extend Foles and pay him $7-10 million next year.

Draft a QB (Watson/Mahomes) and let Foles have the job in 2017...drafted QB takes over at some point

HolyHat
01-16-2017, 09:00 AM
Romo and Rivers are possible HOF'ers LMAO Cutler is dog shit.

Romo is a HOF'er? Delete your account. Let me guess, youre one of the dipshits who want to trade for him?

WhiteWhale
01-16-2017, 09:01 AM
There were 2 or 3 drops.

Besides, every team has receivers that drop the ball.

We need a qb that can offset his teammates' mistakes. Alex just isn't capable.

True, but not all drops are created equal.

Dropping a screen pass and dropping a 35 yard big play or a crucial 3rd down have drastically different consequences.

I'm not here to defend Alex, but KC had some loser drops in this game. Andy Reid ran the ball like 4 times in the first 45 minutes.

Alex isn't' at the top of my scapegoat list for this game. Watching the offense is just inane. Force Alex to play like a real QB or find a coordinator who will. Actually TRY to establish a running game. The gimmicky offense shit is tired.

ChiTown
01-16-2017, 09:01 AM

https://media3.giphy.com/media/l2Sqir5ZxfoS27EvS/200w.gif#8

BigCatDaddy
01-16-2017, 09:03 AM
Romo is a HOF'er? Delete your account. Let me guess, youre one of the dipshits who want to trade for him?

"possible"

Eat a dick

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000680325/article/tony-romo-eli-manning-among-players-on-hof-bubble

HolyHat
01-16-2017, 09:05 AM
"possible"

Eat a dick

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000680325/article/tony-romo-eli-manning-among-players-on-hof-bubble

Oh look a link from NFL dot com. What's next, a video clip from Sportscenter? Get off my lawn i just fertilized it.

BigCatDaddy
01-16-2017, 09:07 AM
Oh look a link from NFL dot com. What's next, a video clip from Sportscenter? Get off my lawn i just fertilized it.

LMAO Maybe a quote from "Scrawny Armed Alex Smith"

Red Dawg
01-16-2017, 09:10 AM
Smith has zero ability to raise this team up when needed. We need to get a better QB. He's not worth keeping around.

BigCatDaddy
01-16-2017, 09:11 AM
Smith has zero ability to raise this team up when needed. We need to get a better QB. He's not worth keeping around.

If banners aren't been flown and the murder/suicide rate in the parking lot is down Clarky is good.

HolyHat
01-16-2017, 09:12 AM
LMAO Maybe a quote from "Scrawny Armed Alex Smith"

Answer me on Romo. You want him dont you? You want to trade for someone elses trash again dont you? Say it

BleedingRed
01-16-2017, 09:14 AM
Answer me on Romo. You want him dont you? You want to trade for someone elses trash again dont you? Say it

I do, and if he is Trash what is Alex.........

MahiMike
01-16-2017, 09:17 AM

Correct. I have warned of this all year. Andy is marty 2.0

HolyHat
01-16-2017, 09:18 AM
I do, and if he is Trash what is Alex.........

Also trash. How many times do we have to trade for or sign someone elses shit before this fanbase will learn? You really want to pay Romo what he's gonna want? People seem to forget how bad he was playing before he got hurt. Not to mention hes 73 years old

GoChargers
01-16-2017, 09:33 AM

Romo may be a choker, but so was Warren Moon (the king of costly playoff fumbles) and he's in the Hall of Fame.

HolyHat
01-16-2017, 09:38 AM
Romo may be a choker, but so was Warren Moon (the king of costly playoff fumbles) and he's in the Hall of Fame.

k

crayzkirk
01-16-2017, 09:42 AM
There is plenty of blame (and excuses) to go around.

I was thinking that this season was a success due to winning the AFC West however if I take off the red glasses, this team is almost exactly like last year. If Carr doesn't go down, the Raiders most likely win the division and the Chiefs go to Houston. Win that game and lose to the Patriots again.

Mediocre and built to stay that way. We can laugh at the Broncos for the constant coaching changes over the years however which franchise has a history of winning and which one has a history of "if only"?

For all the talent we have been told this team has, it sure looks like a middle of the road team that overachieves at times and underachieves at others.

Danguardace
01-16-2017, 09:42 AM
Cut Alex as a June 1st designation and save $9.7 million. Extend Foles and pay him $7-10 million next year.

Draft a QB (Watson/Mahomes) and let Foles have the job in 2017...drafted QB takes over at some point

Could work.

hitchief
01-16-2017, 09:43 AM

Sorry, but that's a fail.

Travis may have potential but did he show up in this game? The answer is no - so you fail there.

I do agree that Andy lacks the aggressive play calling that is needed and tends to be way too conservative but:

We have a shit Oline - we have no running game and they cant pass pro for more than say a 3 step drop - thus Alex getting rid of the ball quicker than any other qb in the NFL right now.

You idiots try and make this a zero sum game but try and put on your big boy pants and actually use your brain instead of your little bleeding heart/vag.

Sandy Vagina
01-16-2017, 09:49 AM
Hopefully, now some of you will finally realize that Alex has peaked, and will only go downhill from here.

it's like DJLN stated well before the game.. it's the same Alex. The rest of the team just didn't do enough. The defense did enough on point total, but dropped passes, penalties, and OL struggles from the O crushed them.

Played a very good team, and still would have had the game tied with a few minutes left... but yep.. another OL fail.

This is gonna burn in Fisher's ass for a long while.. as it should.

HolyHat
01-16-2017, 09:51 AM
Sorry, but that's a fail.

Travis may have potential but did he show up in this game? The answer is no - so you fail there.

I do agree that Andy lacks the aggressive play calling that is needed and tends to be way too conservative but:

We have a shit Oline - we have no running game and they cant pass pro for more than say a 3 step drop - thus Alex getting rid of the ball quicker than any other qb in the NFL right now.

You idiots try and make this a zero sum game but try and put on your big boy pants and actually use your brain instead of your little bleeding heart/vag.

Right, i mean if only we had spent some draft picks on the OLine and thrown money at right tackle. Alex just needs a better oline and more weapons and a defense that gives up zero points and a special teams who runs every kickoff back for a touchdown use your brain nerds

ayleswbj
01-16-2017, 09:51 AM
Man Smith takes so much heat here it's crazy. Where is the criticism for the same ol Andy Reid who has been the same for 10 years. Conservative conservative conservative. I mean Alex completes the comeback and ties the game but it's the left tackle who screws the chiefs an Alex takes the heat. That was just a good ol fashion playoff game. It was tough, both teams missed plays. Although the chiefs playmakers dropped balls , committed penalties and gave the fans just another excuse to blame the guy who drove them down and tied up the game.

kcpasco
01-16-2017, 09:54 AM
Smith is down on my list for blame on last nights failure. He is still just a mediocre qb that will never win a Super Bowl though. The Chiefs are just wasting more time with him.

ayleswbj
01-16-2017, 09:56 AM
The heat that he takes, makes me feel like chiefs fans deserve Tony Romo

HolyHat
01-16-2017, 09:57 AM

Whats your address i have a warm package to send you

kcpasco
01-16-2017, 09:58 AM

He's not undeserving of some blame either.

Go Royals
01-16-2017, 09:59 AM
Kelce broke open on a corner route on the failed two point conversion while Smith forced it to a double covered Maclin.

hitchief
01-16-2017, 09:59 AM
Right, i mean if only we had spent some draft picks on the OLine and thrown money at right tackle. Alex just needs a better oline and more weapons and a defense that gives up zero points and a special teams who runs every kickoff back for a touchdown use your brain nerds

So we drafted and traded for oline and got maclin.

Which one of those moves worked out in this game? None, and that's on Alex? You just made my point idiot.

HolyHat
01-16-2017, 10:01 AM

Which one of those moves worked out in this game? None, and that's on Alex? You just made my point idiot.

i was on your side, I was talking to the nerds who dont use their brains. Alex Smith is the best QB in the league. Here's some rep

ayleswbj
01-16-2017, 10:05 AM
I'm a self professed Smith supporter and lover. I'm a Niner fan who comes on here from time to time. I'd give anything for the chiefs to send his but back to SF. Looks like we move in from Kaep. I'd take him back in a heartbeat

kcfanXIII
01-16-2017, 10:07 AM
On at least one of the plays where Hill got open (There were several, and Kelce got open a few times too) there was a fucking linebacker lined up on him. HOW THE FUCK DO YOU NOT MAKE THAT YOUR HOT ROUTE? Explain that to me by blaming the defense, or what ever other excuse you dumb mother fuckers want to make for your quarterback to piss down his leg. FUCK ALEX SMITH, AND FUCK THE APOLOGISTS.

kcpasco
01-16-2017, 10:08 AM
I'm a self professed Smith supporter and lover. I'm a Niner fan who comes on here from time to time. I'd give anything for the chiefs to send his but back to SF. Looks like we move in from Kaep. I'd take him back in a heartbeat

I'd gladly give him back for the 2 second round picks. We can get the same production from Foles.

milkshock
01-16-2017, 10:14 AM
Foles not getting enough mention here - he has a rocket and would have got us moving down the field quickly yesterday. Cut Alex start Foles.

RaidersOftheCellar
01-16-2017, 10:16 AM

My problem with this argument, as always, is that there isn't a Brady or Roethlisberger sitting there in free agency waiting for our call. And we don't have a high draft pick. Even if we did, I don't think there's a superstar in the draft.

If your solution is to sign Romo, I'd at least listen to that idea. However, he has a history of choking and he's not getting younger. It seems that a fanbase that is tired of "chokes" may want to avoid Mr Choke. But he has enough ability that it probably deserves a little consideration.

kcpasco
01-16-2017, 10:18 AM
Foles isn't that great either. He's just not any worse then Alex. Dorsey needs to draft a qb and force Andy's hand. Unless he'd rather tuck tail and run away to Green Bay.

ROYC75
01-16-2017, 10:20 AM
Christ. Smith wasn't the reason we lost today. Yes, he missed a wide open Hill. Of course, Harrison was all over his ass that play.... a guy Eric Fisher was guarding. He also made some great throws today that were flat out dropped. The reason we lost is because Fisher is not worthy of a starting position let alone his contract.

Reason ? No.

Part of the Reason ? Yes.

Does Smith have the ability to rise above and will his team to victory when the game is on the line? Very seldom. Now a lot of this Andy! The 2 of them together do not have the ability to rise above and win the big games when the chips are down!

Now this team yesterday was off. Dropped balls, missed open receivers, not blocking on runs,pass or return game. The defense could not stop Bell or Ben often enough to win based on the lack of offensive production.

Reason we lost? Starts and ends with the HC!

RaidersOftheCellar
01-16-2017, 10:21 AM
Foles not getting enough mention here - he has a rocket and would have got us moving down the field quickly yesterday. Cut Alex start Foles.

Not totally opposed to this as it would free up some cap space to maybe re-sign Jamaal or Poe or Berry. But if you think he's the answer to going into New England in January and trouncing Brady, that's highly questionable.

ROYC75
01-16-2017, 10:23 AM
My problem with this argument, as always, is that there isn't a Brady or Roethlisberger sitting there in free agency waiting for our call. And we don't have a high draft pick. Even if we did, I don't think there's a superstar in the draft.

If your solution is to sign Romo, I'd at least listen to that idea. However, he has a history of choking and he's not getting younger. It seems that a fanbase that is tired of "chokes" may want to avoid Mr Choke. But he has enough ability that it probably deserves a little consideration.

A lot of Romo's failures is Jason Garrett, just like Andy and Alex!

duncan_idaho

Yes, it's on Alex. And Andy. Both shoulder blame.

How anyone can watch this guy go dormant for long stretches of games, staring down receivers, hesitating, double-patting the football before throwing to a wide open receiver, holding the ball too long and taking sacks... and think it's not on him is beyond me.

Because Alex Smith is so poor at throwing vertically, teams can pay much more attention to short stuff and snuff the running game.

The only time the offense has looked good this year was in the couple of games late that Hill was making plays deep down the field and forcing defenses to play honestly deep.

Pittsburgh gambled with that a bit last night, and KC didn't make them pay. Alex didn't make them pay.

Yeah, Kelce dropped a well thrown deep ball... but there were many more missed opportunities than that.

Alex Smith is fine if you want to win regular season games and don't care about being a legitimate Super Bowl contender.

If you want to win a Super Bowl, it isn't happening.

Rasputin

Fuck Foles

Draft our next fucking quarterback

Foles is shit.

Sure he can come in off the bench in a pinch but he is no long term solution. He is a backup for a reason.

ROYC75
01-16-2017, 10:24 AM
On at least one of the plays where Hill got open (There were several, and Kelce got open a few times too) there was a ****ing linebacker lined up on him. HOW THE **** DO YOU NOT MAKE THAT YOUR HOT ROUTE? Explain that to me by blaming the defense, or what ever other excuse you dumb mother ****ers want to make for your quarterback to piss down his leg. **** ALEX SMITH, AND **** THE APOLOGISTS.

Here is a guy that see's reality, not fantasy!!!

milkshock
01-16-2017, 10:25 AM
Not totally opposed to this as it would free up some cap space to maybe re-sign Jamaal or Poe or Berry. But if you think he's the answer to going into New England in January and trouncing Brady, that's highly questionable.

No he wouldn't take down Brady in NE but he'd be no worse than Alex and I think would have won us the game yesterday if moving the ball quickly was what was required (which it was)

In the interim period you draft a QB obviously.

GloryDayz
Fuck Foles

Foles is shit.

Sure he can come in off the bench in a pinch but he is no long term solution. He is a backup for a reason.

Suck for Lock!

hitchief
I would love it if they cut Alex and went with a rookie or Foles.

This team would suck some serious ass and be nowhere close to a playoff team and it would be a glorious thing to come in here and see all the bitch's crying about how its all Andy's fault or Dorsery's fault or Sutton's fault or .....?

Dak would be average at best with this oline for gods sake. You idiots really think that Brady would be his all world self with this Oline? Sure, he'd make more plays than Alex but he would never make it thru a season alive. Did you see what he looked like when he got pressured in his game? He freaking dropped to the ground or spun around in total fear of being hit and you think he'd survive this abysmal oline?

ROYC75
01-16-2017, 10:26 AM

How anyone can watch this guy go dormant for long stretches of games, staring down receivers, hesitating, double-patting the football before throwing to a wide open receiver, holding the ball too long and taking sacks... and think it's not on him is beyond me.

Because Alex Smith is so poor at throwing vertically, teams can pay much more attention to short stuff and snuff the running game.

The only time the offense has looked good this year was in the couple of games late that Hill was making plays deep down the field and forcing defenses to play honestly deep.

Pittsburgh gambled with that a bit last night, and KC didn't make them pay. Alex didn't make them pay.

Yeah, Kelce dropped a well thrown deep ball... but there were many more missed opportunities than that.

Alex Smith is fine if you want to win regular season games and don't care about being a legitimate Super Bowl contender.

And I present to you another reality fan!

Mr. Plow
01-16-2017, 10:31 AM
LMAO

It's going to be a great offseason on CP.

hitchief
01-16-2017, 10:32 AM

Really, staring down Wr's?? He never has the time for that if you watch any of the games you idiot.

You think your gonna win a super bowl win your #1 wr cant adjust to a back shoulder throw over 30 yards down the field.

Or you cannot run the ball at all?

Or pass protect for more than 2.5 seconds?

Or you all pro TE drops a game changing perfect pass?

Or your LT gets called for holding on a 2 point conversion, which would have tied the game?

Or your 3rd string wr has alligator arms and drops a critical 3rd down reception?

Get a grip, its a team game and Alex did not play his best but NOBODY on that O helped him out in anyway whatsoever! Not one of his playmakers made any sort of an extra effort play or even easy plays for that matter but hey, lets blame Alex and not even care about the rest of the roster, yeah, your so right I just changed my mind

milkshock
01-16-2017, 10:34 AM
Fuck Foles

Foles is shit.

Based on what is Foles shit? He won his start this season

GloryDayz
01-16-2017, 10:35 AM
LMAO

It's going to be a great offseason on CP.

If Al Gore wasn't so fucking slow with his inventions it could be the 47th year in a row....

Rasputin
01-16-2017, 10:37 AM
Based on what is Foles shit? He won his start this season

He didn't look that sharp in it. The Colts game yes he did look sharp.

Still we can find better I believe in the draft and we don't have to be stuck with yet another retread quarterback.

BigCatDaddy
01-16-2017, 10:37 AM

Romo or draft a QB or both

Rasputin
01-16-2017, 10:39 AM
Fuck Romo unless you want him replace Alex Smith and draft a quarterback so that when Romo gets hurt and crippled for the rest of his life we can start the draft pick prospect and not look back.

New World Order
01-16-2017, 10:43 AM
Yes to Romo

mnchiefsguy
01-16-2017, 10:43 AM
Don't want Romo.....it would cost us draft picks.

Hopefully Dorsey sticks around....Green Bay must be looking awfully good right now.

RealSNR
01-16-2017, 10:44 AM
Really, staring down Wr's?? He never has the time for that if you watch any of the games you idiot.

You think your gonna win a super bowl win your #1 wr cant adjust to a back shoulder throw over 30 yards down the field.

Or your LT gets called for holding on a 2 point conversion, which would have tied the game?

Or your 3rd string wr has alligator arms and drops a critical 3rd down reception?

Get a grip, its a team game and Alex did not play his best but NOBODY on that O helped him out in anyway whatsoever! Not one of his playmakers made any sort of an extra effort play or even easy plays for that matter but hey, lets blame Alex and not even care about the rest of the roster, yeah, your so right I just changed my mind

Not Alex's fault! Not Alex's fault! LALALALALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOOOUUUU!

Breathe into the bag, bitch! Breathe into it! Deep breaths! You can do this!

Now keep repeating this to yourself: "Alex is great. Alex is good enough. Alex is smart enough. Every bad moment in every bad Chiefs loss is ALWAYS the fault of his teammates and coaches, and he never has to take any flak! Everybody loves Alex!"

http://pad2.whstatic.com/images/thumb/6/62/Stop-Hyperventilating-Step-5-Version-3.jpg/aid62222-728px-Stop-Hyperventilating-Step-5-Version-3.jpg

Danguardace
01-16-2017, 10:49 AM

Not really an argument it is a fact.

The thing is these teams drafted these guys and built around them. Investing the time and resources in them. It's hard to win a Superbowl with a QB somebody else didn't want, fact is that is what Smith is a QB another team thought they could move on from.

Go Royals
01-16-2017, 10:49 AM
Looking at the box score -

Chiefs really tried to put this game in Alex's tiny little hands.

34 passes to 14 runs. In a game where we were never in a two possession deficit.

Runs averaged 4.4 yards per carry. Passes averaged 5.1 yards per attempt.

Mr. Plow
01-16-2017, 10:52 AM

Oh good, there's 2 of them. LMAO

duncan_idaho
01-16-2017, 10:53 AM

He has plenty of time to throw, most of the time. No QB gets a perfect pocket all the time. Not even Prescott.

The offensive line isn't dominant, but it isn't abysmal like you and others make it out to be.

Alex is a big piece of the problem. He's not a QB who can overcome much going wrong against good competition.

There are other ones, but that's no 1. By far. Because it's a QB/passing league.

duncan_idaho
01-16-2017, 10:58 AM
No to Romo. Yes to going one more year with Alex or Foles with a highly drafted QB sitting and learning for a year.

kcfanXIII
01-16-2017, 10:58 AM
Hill and Kelce both tried to help him by beating coverage deep. Plays where Alex had plenty of time to find them. But the first sign of trouble he was desperately searching for ware to dump the ball to. Fuck Alex Smith like the scared little bitch he is.

BigCatDaddy
01-16-2017, 11:03 AM
Hill and Kelce both tried to help him by beating coverage deep. Plays where Alex had plenty of time to find them. But the first sign of trouble he was desperately searching for ware to dump the ball to. **** Alex Smith like the scared little bitch he is.

Ive never seen a guy scramble so much out of a perfect pocket.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
01-16-2017, 11:04 AM
Hill and Kelce both tried to help him by beating coverage deep. Plays where Alex had plenty of time to find them. But the first sign of trouble he was desperately searching for ware to dump the ball to. **** Alex Smith like the scared little bitch he is.

Your football takes are shit. Thanks for posting.

BigCatDaddy
01-16-2017, 11:06 AM
No to Romo. Yes to going one more year with Alex or Foles with a highly drafted QB sitting and learning for a year.

I think there is more than enough talent on the team for Romo to get them over the hump ASS11 cant. I understand it is a HIGH risk HIGH reward move... they do need to draft a guy asap also though.

ChiefsCountry
01-16-2017, 11:08 AM
It's funny that the only supporters of Alex signed up in 2013 on this board. I wonder why.

RunKC
01-16-2017, 11:10 AM
Maclin had Burns beat badly and Alex threw an outside shoulder pass like a dumbass. Even Collinsworth called it.

"Maclin clearly had Burns beaten but Alex goes to the back shoulder. It's a TD if he just leads the ball to him over the top."

BigCatDaddy
01-16-2017, 11:11 AM
Maclin had Burns beat badly and Alex threw an outside shoulder pass like a dumbass. Even Collinsworth called it.

"Maclin clearly had Burns beaten but Alex goes to the back shoulder. It's a TD if he just leads the ball to him over the top."
That was a hidden TD.

notorious
01-16-2017, 11:14 AM
That was a hidden TD.

Smith did a good job setting up the punter by making that throw.

Reerun_KC
01-16-2017, 11:17 AM

Exactly....

With decent QB play were talking NE this am...

But no were talking again about a franchise game manager...

BigCatDaddy
01-16-2017, 11:17 AM
Smith did a good job setting up the punter by making that throw.

I couldnt think of a more perfect play to demonstrate Smiths TD/INT numbers.

farmerchief
01-16-2017, 11:21 AM
I agree, and it makes it a joy to watch Rogers for GB just float around the pocket, even when it collapses, he seems to just drift outside, under control, until someone comes open and ZIP, there goes the ball. Probably a difference in arm strength and clutch WR's help the end result, but come on Alex, you should do more to help your team!

notorious
01-16-2017, 11:24 AM
I agree, and it makes it a joy to watch Rogers for GB just float around the pocket, even when it collapses, he seems to just drift outside, under control, until someone comes open and ZIP, there goes the ball. Probably a difference in arm strength and clutch WR's help the end result, but come on Alex, you should do more to help your team!

This is like watching your neighbor's hot wife garden while your fat, pathetic pig is pounding donuts dipped in bacon grease.

You know that you will eventually leave your pig wife, but you will never score the hot neighbor.

RunKC
01-16-2017, 11:24 AM
I really want Pat Mahomes at this point. His running ability, strong arm and body frame immediately make him an upgrade.

Black Bob
01-16-2017, 11:25 AM
The problem this year wasn't Alex Smith. It's the stupid ass offense we ran. It's the spread mixed with the read option. Do you guys really think Romo could run this offense? In my opinion it's not for the NFL. It's a gimmick offense. Last year's offense was much more effective when we ran the ball with Alex under center. I'm not saying Alex is great. I'm just saying we run a stupid ****ing offense. All we do is force the ball to Hill and Kelce. We can't run the ball in this offense. Where are the crossing routes we used to run? You know, Like the one Brown ran on 3rd down at the end of the game. This is our biggest problem. We need to get back to what we do well instead of trying to reinvent the wheel.

Fish
01-16-2017, 11:27 AM
Watching the playoff quarterbacks this year, there's a pretty stark difference in how Smith scans the field compared to the rest of the bunch. Alex's field vision starts to shrink the moment the ball is snapped. He misses so many wide open receivers just because he doesn't have the downfield vision. Watching Rodgers scramble and find receivers is just night and day compared to Alex.

BigCatDaddy
01-16-2017, 11:29 AM
Watching the playoff quarterbacks this year, there's a pretty stark difference in how Smith scans the field compared to the rest of the bunch. Alex's field vision starts to shrink the moment the ball is snapped. He misses so many wide open receivers just because he doesn't have the downfield vision. Watching Rodgers scramble and find receivers is just night and day compared to Alex.

Huge gap between the 4 guys left and ASS11 for sure. Just think 3rd pick Falcons got Ryan and we take Glen fucking Dorsey next.

Black Bob
01-16-2017, 11:31 AM
We are definitely stuck with Alex for at least one more year because of the way his contract is structured. I know, it sucks.

kcfanXIII
01-16-2017, 11:33 AM
Your football takes are shit. Thanks for posting.

You can't deny what I'm saying so you personally attack me. Go eat a bag a dicks and die in a fire.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
01-16-2017, 11:36 AM
You can't deny what I'm saying so you personally attack me. Go eat a bag a dicks and die in a fire.

Your takes are absolute shit. Move along.

ROYC75
01-16-2017, 11:38 AM
I would love it if they cut Alex and went with a rookie or Foles.

This team would suck some serious ass and be nowhere close to a playoff team and it would be a glorious thing to come in here and see all the bitch's crying about how its all Andy's fault or Dorsery's fault or Sutton's fault or .....?

Dak would be average at best with this oline for gods sake. You idiots really think that Brady would be his all world self with this Oline? Sure, he'd make more plays than Alex but he would never make it thru a season alive. Did you see what he looked like when he got pressured in his game? He freaking dropped to the ground or spun around in total fear of being hit and you think he'd survive this abysmal oline?

I'm no fan of Alex Smith, he is what he is. You can win with him but you have to have a great OL, very good talent at the skill positions to offset his inability to make BIG plays when develop
. Alex will get you a BIG play now and then, but not often rough to win games like yesterday or make a Super Bowl run.

We could have rode Tyler Bray this year to a 8-8, 9-7 season, seen what we have in him and be in better draft position plus the same place as we are in now, out of the playoffs, watching other teams play for it all.

Alex is not the answer!
Foles is not the answer!
Bray is most likely not the answer but it would be good to know what he could do after sometime at the position. It is said he doesn't process brains enough upstairs to dissect the defense. Well, I don't think Alex does, he doesn't show it.

Dorsey needs to take the rose color glasses off!

vailpass
01-16-2017, 11:39 AM
Average Smith.

The Franchise
01-16-2017, 11:41 AM
All QBs deal with drops. Smith apparently is the only one who can't.

King_Chief_Fan
01-16-2017, 11:42 AM
Lot of dumb takes in this thread.
Drop passes, no running game, LB covering WR, pouncy owning the nose tackle, looked like some pretty easy culprits for this game loss.
QB was not the issue

GloryDayz
01-16-2017, 11:43 AM
Romo or draft a QB or both

This... Romo for now (as long as this O-line can keep his bones unbroken), the Drew Lock. But even that might not work. Unless the Chefs are willing to go Indy and "Suck for Luck", some other team will snatch him up.

Plus, the Hunts don't really do QBs in the draft, they don't like new-QB smell..

Iowanian
01-16-2017, 11:43 AM
Alex Smith should go to Cleveland.

He'd be the best QB they've had in decades and they're already accepting of failure.

RealSNR
01-16-2017, 11:46 AM
Drop passes, no running game, LB covering WR, pouncy owning the nose tackle, looked like some pretty easy culprits for this game loss.
QB was not the issue

It's not Smith's fault! What is he supposed to do when the defense allows 18 points to be scored against a high powered offense? My god how can ANYBODY work in those conditions?! He's a saint!

The Franchise
01-16-2017, 11:46 AM
QB was not the issue

What you morons don't understand is that it can be multiple things. The offensive line didn't help last night but that doesn't mean that Smith deserves no blame.

Mr. Plow
01-16-2017, 11:47 AM

The day he has a decent football take will be the first time. And people wanted him to start the gameday thread. LMAO

The Franchise
01-16-2017, 11:49 AM
The day he has a decent football take will be the first time. And people wanted him to start the gameday thread. LMAO

And I thought if we lost...he should get banned

Mr. Plow
01-16-2017, 11:52 AM
It's not Smith's fault! What is he supposed to do when the defense allows 18 points to be scored against a high powered offense? My god how can ANYBODY work in those conditions?! He's a saint!

The Chiefs of last night were the Chiefs of all year minus one thing. Give up a ton of yards between the 20's, tighten up in the red zone - offensively have a decent pre-planned opening drive, then struggle after. The one thing they were missing..... a defensive or special teams score.

All year they relied on the defense to score points or put the offense on a short field to score - the luck of the defense ran out (just like a ton of people called early in the year) - and this is the result.

Mr. Plow
01-16-2017, 11:53 AM
And I thought if we lost...he should get banned

Only in our dreams.

The Franchise
01-16-2017, 11:53 AM
The Chiefs of last night were the Chiefs of all year minus one thing. Give up a ton of yards between the 20's, tighten up in the red zone - offensively have a decent pre-planned opening drive, then struggle after. The one thing they were missing..... a defensive or special teams score.

All year they relied on the defense to score points or put the offense on a short field to score - the luck of the defense ran out (just like a ton of people called early in the year) - and this is the result.

Yep.

Fish
01-16-2017, 11:56 AM

Pretty much.

BigCatDaddy
01-16-2017, 12:04 PM

Who the fuck wanted that? I need to know so I can point and laugh.

mcaj22
01-16-2017, 12:05 PM

its a very fluke way to generate/rely on getting touchdowns in todays NFL. Almost impossible to predict. Other teams, at this stage of the season just put it entirely on their QBs arm.

Mr. Plow
01-16-2017, 12:09 PM
Who the fuck wanted that? I need to know so I can point and laugh.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=305106

Sandy Vagina
01-16-2017, 12:10 PM
Alex Smith should go to Cleveland.

He'd be the best QB they've had in decades and they're already accepting of failure.

how is this any different than kc?

BigCatDaddy
01-16-2017, 12:17 PM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=305106

Thr board has gone to shit :facepalm:

Mr_Tomahawk
01-16-2017, 12:24 PM
Reid, just now in his presser, did no commit strongly to Alex for next year...

Asked if he is the man for next year, Andy just defaulted to his normal; "everyone will be evaluated"

Doesn't mean much, but he for sure did not give Alex a ringing endorsement in regards to being the QB next year.

Just sayin...

dirk digler
01-16-2017, 12:26 PM
How is this year's QB draft class shaping up?

I don't see an FA QB available except possibly Cousins. He is better than Alex though but I highly doubt the Redskins let him hit FA.

Mr_Tomahawk
01-16-2017, 12:27 PM

I don't see an FA QB available except possibly Cousins. He is better than Alex though but I highly doubt the Redskins let him hit FA.

We already have him on our roster.

Tyler Bray.

Big Ben...Big Bray.

ChiefsCountry
01-16-2017, 12:28 PM

No true studs, but several that could do well if they sit a year and learn. Which we have the ideal situation for.