PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Dropped Passes - tied for 2nd worst in NFL

TigeRRUppeRRcut
01-16-2017, 01:25 AM
https://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/team-receiver-drops-percentage/2016/

Dropped 4.9% of passes this year compared to 3.5% last year. Harris better fix his shit in the offseason. Maclin had some uncharacteristic ones. DAT/Ware/West were pretty sloppy this season too. Conley had a couple but improved down the stretch.

At least 5 dropped passes in the loss to Pitt.

Total dropped passes: 26 in regular season
http://stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/tmleaders.asp?range=NFL&rank=232&type=Receiving

Rausch
01-16-2017, 01:26 AM
Maclin never gets the ball thrown his way so I can understand that...

New World Order
01-16-2017, 01:27 AM
Oakland has more dropped passes and they have an elite offense.

TribalElder
01-16-2017, 01:27 AM
Kelce could have used some stick em

jd1020
01-16-2017, 01:28 AM
Is there a stat that tracks all the missed wide open receivers for a TD we can compare it to?

TigeRRUppeRRcut
01-16-2017, 01:28 AM
Is there a stat that tracks all the missed wide open receivers for a TD we can compare it to?

Because no QB ever misses open players... You stupid ****.

Hammock Parties
01-16-2017, 01:30 AM
Maybe if Andy Reid can get in a time machine and bring back Randy Moss, Cris Carter, Tony Gonzalez and Marvin Harrison in their primes, we can improve to average on offense?

carcosa
01-16-2017, 01:38 AM
Because no QB ever misses open players... You stupid ****.

Well that's just not true. Alex does all the time!

Kaepernick
01-16-2017, 01:50 AM
Is it possible that Alex just doesn't throw a very catchable pass? I know this is not easy to gauge and I've never seen any kind of ranking among active QBs who throws a more catchable pass and who throws a less catchable pass, but the concept is not completely foreign.

For example, in the article below, Sam Wyche talks about Joe Montana throwing a particularly catchable pass.

Number one he had a very catchable pass-the ball traveled with the nose up, and it just arrived at the receiver. He rarely had balls dropped because it came in so soft, not hard like most guys. The flight of the ball, with the nose up, gave it that cushion when it arrived.

http://www.sportsdouchebags.com/2013/04/29/sportsdouchebags-interview-with-nfl-legend-sam-wyche/

jjchieffan
01-16-2017, 02:07 AM
I know that dropped passes killed us in this game. Ugh! They probably dropped 100yards worth of passes. Just unacceptable. Maybe they should start using Haley's port a potty technique in practice, or something. These guys, especially the guy that is supposed to be the best TE in the league, have got to catch those passes.

JCharles1981
01-16-2017, 02:10 AM

Dropped 4.9% of passes this year compared to 3.5% last year. Harris better fix his shit in the offseason. Maclin had some uncharacteristic ones. DAT/Ware/West were pretty sloppy this season too. Conley had a couple but improved down the stretch.

http://stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/tmleaders.asp?range=NFL&rank=232&type=Receiving

DAT and West didn't even get thrown to that much throughout the season, so they don't count.

Rasputin
01-16-2017, 02:11 AM
Is it possible that Alex just doesn't throw a very catchable pass? I know this is not easy to gauge and I've never seen any kind of ranking among active QBs who throws a more catchable pass and who throws a less catchable pass, but the concept is not completely foreign.

For example, in the article below, Sam Wyche talks about Joe Montana throwing a particularly catchable pass.

http://www.sportsdouchebags.com/2013/04/29/sportsdouchebags-interview-with-nfl-legend-sam-wyche/

Yes this is a very plausible theory just like the Kelce drop that was down at his knees. Would a better throw have made it a more manageable catch I think so but still no excuse for him dropping it. It was catchable.

lcarus
01-16-2017, 02:13 AM
I don't know but I saw quite a few passes this season that couldn't have been more "catchable". The guys just need to hold on to the damn ball.

Red Dawg
01-16-2017, 05:21 AM
I wanna blame Smith bad for us losing but I just can't. Drops were deadly. Smith converted on 4 th downs and tied the the game. Ref took it away like the NFL paid him to. They wanted Brady and Ben and got it.

Rasputin
01-16-2017, 05:26 AM
I wanna blame Smith bad for us losing but I just can't. Drops were deadly. Smith converted on 4 th downs and tied the the game. Ref took it away like the NFL paid him to. They wanted Brady and Ben and got it.

He didn't play all that great the entire game. He had some errant throws some shake your head throws. He didn't propel the Chiefs to win the game and that is something he is going have to do at some point if Chiefs are serious about him taking us to the Super Bowl. He has to take the reigns and make it look like Chiefs are in business. He does not do that. Aaron Rodgers takes the reigns and you know the Packers are potent for it. That's the difference between the two of the same draft class.

Red Dawg
01-16-2017, 05:44 AM
He didn't play all that great the entire game. He had some errant throws some shake your head throws. He didn't propel the Chiefs to win the game and that is something he is going have to do at some point if Chiefs are serious about him taking us to the Super Bowl. He has to take the reigns and make it look like Chiefs are in business. He does not do that. Aaron Rodgers takes the reigns and you know the Packers are potent for it. That's the difference between the two of the same draft class.

I agree. It's just that this game the OL was shit and our WRs are just not very good as a whole. They dropped 4 first downs and Kelce dropped a big one damn near at the goal line.

I have no problem cutting him but it won't happen.

New World Order
01-16-2017, 05:55 AM
After that first drive, Alex didn't do shit for 3 quarters. His receivers have a couple of drops in the fourth and he manages to put up a measly 16 points against a defense that held opponents to an average of 20 during the regular season. Our "passing attack" has been terrible the entire year.

He's ****ing awful

Red Dawg
01-16-2017, 06:38 AM
True dat.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
01-16-2017, 07:24 AM

Considering there was no issue with catching last year. Probably not.

SAUTO
01-16-2017, 07:34 AM
Considering there was no issue with catching last year. Probably not.

There was an issue last year, your stats show it

Dave Lane
01-16-2017, 07:39 AM
This is a huge indictment of Alex Smith. His poorly thrown wobbly balls appear to be really hard to catch.

Don't let that cock gargler Bob hear you talking about how fucked up Alex is, he'll freak out.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-16-2017, 07:39 AM
Is there a stat for OP's mother dropping him on his head as a baby?

TigeRRUppeRRcut
01-16-2017, 07:50 AM
Don't you two have unemployment checks to pick up? Or is this your week to get rug burns on main Street to make a dollar?

New World Order
01-16-2017, 07:52 AM
Don't you two have unemployment checks to pick up? Or is this your week to get rug burns on main Street to make a dollar?

Why did you capitalize "Street" and not "main?"

Mr. Plow
01-16-2017, 07:55 AM

Watching Rodgers makes me jealous of what actual NFL QB's can do.

rabblerouser

Alex Smith will never win a Super Bowl as a starting NFL QB.

Mark my words.

Dave Lane

Because he is not Smart.

rabblerouser
01-16-2017, 07:56 AM

Because he's a fucking moron.

Dave Lane
01-16-2017, 07:56 AM
Alex Smith will never win a Super Bowl as a starting NFL QB.

Mark my words.

But he's likely to win you 8-10 games a year.

Great seats still available!

rabblerouser
01-16-2017, 07:57 AM
Because he is not Smart.

I see what you did There.

rabblerouser
01-16-2017, 07:57 AM

2017 season tickets are on Sale NOW!

ROFL

FML

New World Order
01-16-2017, 07:59 AM

:clap:

TigeRRUppeRRcut
01-16-2017, 08:07 AM

Can't teach an old dog common sense

petegz28
01-16-2017, 08:37 AM
Watching Rodgers makes me jealous of what actual NFL QB's can do.

Yeah because there are 31 Rodgers in the league and we are the only ones without one.

MahiMike
01-16-2017, 08:41 AM
The one to kelce was bad but the killer was to Wilson. We were driving pretty good till then.

rabblerouser
01-16-2017, 08:44 AM
Can't teach an old dog common sense

And common sense tells us that Alex Smith will never win a SB as a starting QB in the NFL.

Mr. Plow
01-16-2017, 08:47 AM
Yeah because there are 31 Rodgers in the league and we are the only ones without one.

Hi pete!!!

rabblerouser
01-16-2017, 08:49 AM

We haven't had a QB capable of winning a SB since Trent 10 years ago.

petegz28
01-16-2017, 08:50 AM
We haven't had a QB capable of winning a SB since Trent 10 years ago.

Smith has won more playoff games for us than Green did....just saying

HolyHat
01-16-2017, 08:51 AM

Go suck Alex's dick somewhere else

GoChargers
01-16-2017, 09:41 AM

If you guys had given Trent a defense back then instead of a turnstile, you'd probably have won a Super Bowl - at least in 2003, when you had that crazy stacked offense.

Alex has had some great defenses in San Francisco and Kansas City and still never even sniffed a ring.

HolyHat
01-16-2017, 09:42 AM

<iframe src="//giphy.com/embed/Bcnj6ObXtCNtS" width="480" height="360" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="http://giphy.com/gifs/interesting-walrus-hmm-Bcnj6ObXtCNtS">via GIPHY</a></p>

kcpasco
01-16-2017, 09:42 AM
Let's give up some draft picks for Romo. And then when he's dead by week 4 we can put Smith back in.

HolyHat
01-16-2017, 09:44 AM
Let's give up some draft picks for Romo. And then when he's dead by week 4 we can put Smith back in.

GET ON THE HORN DORSEY

hitchief
01-16-2017, 09:46 AM

No, is there a stat that tracts how fast a qb is getting pressured on every pass attempt.

Is there a stat on how wr's get open after a play breaks down cause ours are never open on broken plays.

HolyHat
01-16-2017, 09:48 AM
No, is there a stat that tracts how fast a qb is getting pressured on every pass attempt.

Is there a stat on how wr's get open after a play breaks down cause ours are never open on broken plays.

Wut? Everytime Alex took a sack or threw the ball away they showed a replay of a wide open receiver

Sandy Vagina
01-16-2017, 09:51 AM
Wut? Everytime Alex took a sack or threw the ball away they showed a replay of a wide open receiver

This isn't ****ing Madden, kid. Real QBs don't get to see the entire route development for all his targets simultaneously and then click a button.

temper11
01-16-2017, 10:55 AM
Yes this is a very plausible theory just like the Kelce drop that was down at his knees. Would a better throw have made it a more manageable catch I think so but still no excuse for him dropping it. It was catchable.

This argument is rediculous. Down at his knees? You see other receivers contorting their bodies in crazy f-ing positions to make insane catches but when chiefs receivers drop passes that are well placed its somehow Smiths fault. This bullshit is so tired. Harbernick GTFO of here with your tired shit and dont crawl out of your hole until Kapernick does something worthy of talking about again.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
01-16-2017, 11:37 AM
Tattoo hands down worst takes on football.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-16-2017, 08:09 PM

Your vagina lips are flapping verbs and adjectives again; best have a doctor look at that.

Smith is a giant bag of mule shit, Pete...just sayin'.

Bugeater
01-16-2017, 08:17 PM
And that one win was against a franchise that has accomplished even less than the Chiefs.

ChiefsCountry
01-16-2017, 08:36 PM
Dropped balls is not an official NFL stat.

SuperBowl4
01-17-2017, 11:47 AM
Maybe if Andy Reid can get in a time machine and bring back Randy Moss, Cris Carter, Tony Gonzalez and Marvin Harrison in their primes, we can improve to average on offense?
Don't forget Terrell Owens! I love me for me!

dls6501
01-17-2017, 12:56 PM
I wish people would learn that WRs need to get in a rhythm too. When a WR catches a ball in the 1st quarter and doesnt get another chance until the 4th, he is not in a rhythm. Doesnt excuse the drop, but it is a factor.

Chief Pagan
01-17-2017, 01:07 PM
If you guys had given Trent a defense back then instead of a turnstile, you'd probably have won a Super Bowl - at least in 2003, when you had that crazy stacked offense.

Alex has had some great defenses in San Francisco and Kansas City and still never even sniffed a ring.

At least half the QBs in the league could have won a Super Bowl back then if they had that crazy stacked offense plus a reasonable defense.

vailpass
01-17-2017, 01:54 PM
Objectively it's pretty clear that Smith isn't the problem for KC. As the OP states the Chiefs need to focus on improved receiving talent and developing an O-line that can give Smith time to throw.

The other area to look at for KC on O is running back. Ware isn't the answer.
Reid's play calling is a big problem.
Also don't be afraid to evaluate your punting and your short kicking game.
And obviously the cheerleaders need upgraded.

Just leave the QB position as it is.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-17-2017, 05:59 PM
Objectively it's pretty clear that Smith isn't the problem for KC. As the OP states the Chiefs need to focus on improved receiving talent and developing an O-line that can give Smith time to throw.

The other area to look at for KC on O is running back. Ware isn't the answer.
Reid's play calling is a big problem.
Also don't be afraid to evaluate your punting and your short kicking game.
And obviously the cheerleaders need upgraded.

Just leave the QB position as it is.

First off, the OP is a retard unfit to feed ducks at a public park.

Second, no.