chiefscafan
01-16-2017, 12:16 PM
Do you think there is anyway we don't?

Mr_Tomahawk
01-16-2017, 12:19 PM
He will get franchised, again.

Hog's Gone Fishin
01-16-2017, 12:30 PM
He had a monster year thats for sure and I LOVED that stick he put on Bell last night.

Aspengc8
01-16-2017, 12:53 PM
I loved when he got absolutely roasted by that no-name steelers TE on the fake screen. Everyone in the stadium saw that fake coming (no lineman released eric..)

ModSocks
01-16-2017, 12:56 PM
I loved when he got absolutely roasted by that no-name steelers TE on the fake screen. Everyone in the stadium saw that fake coming (no lineman released eric..)

Did you also love the fingertip interception in the end zone that saved the drive and kept the game from getting out of hand?

Oh, i know. You'd rather pay Poe because of that dominating performance last night holding Bell to only 170 yards on the ground.

Rasputin
01-16-2017, 12:59 PM
I still want to keep Poe I don't want to lose either one that's what worries me.

If we can keep them both I'll be happy but losing one and I don't want to make that decision would suck.

Aspengc8
01-16-2017, 01:06 PM
Did you also love the fingertip interception in the end zone that saved the drive and kept the game from getting out of hand?

Oh, i know. You'd rather pay Poe because of that dominating performance last night holding Bell to only 170 yards on the ground.

One pick off a tipped ball doesn't make up for a plethora of coverage mistakes. I would rather pay Berry than Poe, even though Poe's individual performance is only one of several issues as to why the run defense is so bad. Poe has been getting pushed backwards every since his back surgery.

KCCHIEFS27
01-16-2017, 01:08 PM
I still want to keep Poe I don't want to lose either one that's what worries me.

If we can keep them both I'll be happy but losing one and I don't want to make that decision would suck.

Poe sucks. Flat out. The dude did absolutely nothing last night but get pushed around. He had a crappy year. Focusing too much time on those cool offensive plays at the goalline apparently. Time to move on.

Buehler445
01-16-2017, 01:08 PM
Yeah, I want that guy.

hitchief
01-16-2017, 01:11 PM
they are signing him long term IMO.

had a great year and is a big time locker room presence and leader on the team

TigeRRUppeRRcut
01-16-2017, 01:12 PM
Define 'sign'... Years, guaranteed money, average/year....

TigeRRUppeRRcut
01-16-2017, 01:13 PM

If we keep Poe then we need to trade one of Bailey or Howard

Rasputin
01-16-2017, 01:14 PM
Poe sucks. Flat out. The dude did absolutely nothing last night but get pushed around. He had a crappy year. Focusing too much time on those cool offensive plays at the goalline apparently. Time to move on.

I'm happy with Jones that's for sure but I don't think Poe outright sucks. I think he can make himself worth it if motivation is there. That's the key I think if or not he is motivated makes a difference.

Aspengc8
01-16-2017, 01:20 PM
I'm happy with Jones that's for sure but I don't think Poe outright sucks. I think he can make himself worth it if motivation is there. That's the key I think if or not he is motivated makes a difference.

Big dudes and busted backs do not go together very well. There were a lot of times this year where Poe had 1v1's, and didn't do anything at all. A good nose demands double teams, and if he doesn't get one, should be able to consistently push a guard or center back.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
01-16-2017, 01:24 PM
Poe is done attracting double teams. You overpay another front seven defensive player and the rest of the team will suffer. Jamie Collins is better value for our needs at ILB

kcpasco
01-16-2017, 01:29 PM
Dorsey gonna re sign Berry then immediately trade him to Green Bay the day before he takes their GM job.

Probably gonna trade Hill and Peters to GB for a 7th round pick. This man could be Judas.

BossChief
01-16-2017, 02:44 PM
Devils advocate:

Eric Murray has BIGTIME potential. He was a very good corner that plays very physical and should transition to safety very very well.

Berry will want 14-15m per year average with huge guarantees. Andy Reid said "you can't have everyone be making the highest money in the league" directly talking about Berry...Matheiou got crazy $ and Berrys agent will want to top that.

We would get a 3rd round comp in the 2018 draft if we let him walk.

He has Achilles concerns.

He has cancer concerns.

RunKC
01-16-2017, 02:48 PM
Berry pretty much has to be resigned, but goddamn was he awful in coverage last night. He looked like Bartee out there multiple times.

chiefscafan
01-16-2017, 02:49 PM
Really cancer concerns the man played his ass off sorry I'm signing him

Marcellus
01-16-2017, 02:53 PM
We save $17MM against he cap with JC's release or restructure and Foles' release or restructure and both of them are a 100% chance of happening.

With a $10MM bump to the cap next year thats $27MM to do what we need to do.

Pay Berry, Poe I'm 50/50 on. Depends on what he wants.

CaliforniaChief
01-16-2017, 02:56 PM
Hungry pig starves. Pay Berry.

Iowanian
01-16-2017, 02:59 PM
Berry played very well this year, and I'd love to see him in KC again. I still don't know how a team justifies spending the big money on a safety though.
Berry was great this year, but honestly I was disappointed the previous year or two he played(understanding why now) but I think he's a risk to sign for the huge money.

There are other free agents on the team that will go away before Berry I think. Poe might have a chronically bad back or something, but his pedestrian play inside was a big problem in stopping the run this year. I don't see how they keep him.

dirk digler
01-16-2017, 03:02 PM
We save $17MM against he cap with JC's release or restructure and Kolb's release or restructure and both of them are a 100% chance of happening.

With a $10MM bump to the cap next year thats $27MM to do what we need to do.

Pay Berry, Poe I'm 50/50 on. Depends on what he wants.

You mean Foles?

Marcellus
01-16-2017, 03:03 PM
You mean Foles?

Yes I mean Foles. Same fucking guy IMO. :D

Fixed. Thanks for pointing it out.

Foles has a $10MM cap hit next year and it $0 if cut before June 1st. Its not hard to see something will happen.

Chiefs Pantalones
01-16-2017, 03:11 PM
Word is we're trying to sign both Poe and Berry.

KranzDictum
01-16-2017, 03:13 PM
Berry won you guys at least 2 games. You keep your best players, that is how you win SB's, all those years of letting great players walk is the reason no AFC Championship game in over 27 years.

You need to pay Berry.

Sure cutting bait on JC and Foles will give you some space but not enough to upgrade QB.

Your new GM should consider trading for Romo, Smith is at his high water mark, he missed too many deep passes last night. Need a QB who can attack downfield. Teams are taking the short game away and stopping the run. Buy a SB before the Broncos new staff gets back to dominating the division.

Marcellus
01-16-2017, 03:13 PM
Word is we're trying to sign both Poe and Berry.

They have the $ so they should try. Unless it gets stupid.

Most of our $ is on defense already.

TripleThreat
01-16-2017, 03:15 PM
I love eric berry, and im sure ill get shit for this beacuse of all the wonderful things he did for us this season, but I honestly think Poe is more valuable than Berry, when people go comparing them.. Not only is Poe 2 years younger, Im also a firm believer that the front 7, or in other words D-Line, is what makes a secondary great. You could have the best DB's/Safetys in the world, but if you dont have a Line that can apply pressure or close up the gaps, your "best" safety's and DB's in the world will get eaten up alive by the better QB's in this league....

If there is a way we can keep both Poe and Berry sign me up, However I still believe Poe is the better one to sign long term, and let Berry go try and win a ring on a different contender.

srvy
01-16-2017, 03:16 PM
Hungry pig starves. Pay Berry.

Id be ok with this but I wont cry if they both walk either. I think Berry is going to be hard to sign at a reasonable contract. I could see Berry wanting play for Titans close to home.

Poe I wonder how much teams are willing to pay after seeing Poe's film this year and wondering about that back.

If we ever plan to take a step up we have to improve the O line you can put a bulldozer between Schwartz and the Doc and push those four guys into the cheap seats and put some guy with attitude and mean asses to fill in. That is a sorry bunch getting pushed around.

Deberg_1990
01-16-2017, 03:28 PM
Poe is just a fatty in the middle. He's nothing special. You can get the same production from any 4th rounder

chiefzilla1501
01-16-2017, 03:30 PM
Dorsey has been incredible at finding talent.

But he got one thing very wrong. Enough with trying to surround Andy Reid and Alex Smith with offensive talent. We need to load up and build a powerhouse defense.

It seems like every time this team takes a haircut, they ask Bob Sutton to do more with less. Sign Berry. Sign Poe. Cut Charles. Sign Mitchell. Bring in ILBs. Unless we get a steal, we should not make a single move on offense except trying to find our QBOTF.

BossChief
01-16-2017, 03:50 PM
Berry is going to be a Falcon.

KranzDictum
01-16-2017, 03:57 PM

But he got one thing very wrong. Enough with trying to surround Andy Reid and Alex Smith with offensive talent. We need to load up and build a powerhouse defense.

It seems like every time this team takes a haircut, they ask Bob Sutton to do more with less. Sign Berry. Sign Poe. Cut Charles. Sign Mitchell. Bring in ILBs. Unless we get a steal, we should not make a single move on offense except trying to find our QBOTF.

Is Dorsey coming back? I heard the Packers were interested in him as their GM. Is that true?

TigeRRUppeRRcut
01-16-2017, 04:01 PM
Berry is going to be a Falcon.

But they drafted Keanu Neal last year

chiefzilla1501
01-16-2017, 04:03 PM
Is Dorsey coming back? I heard the Packers were interested in him as their GM. Is that true?

Your guess is as good as mine. Nobody seems to know what's actually going on there.

ModSocks
01-16-2017, 04:03 PM
I love eric berry, and im sure ill get shit for this beacuse of all the wonderful things he did for us this season, but I honestly think Poe is more valuable than Berry, when people go comparing them.. Not only is Poe 2 years younger, Im also a firm believer that the front 7, or in other words D-Line, is what makes a secondary great. You could have the best DB's/Safetys in the world, but if you dont have a Line that can apply pressure or close up the gaps, your "best" safety's and DB's in the world will get eaten up alive by the better QB's in this league....

If there is a way we can keep both Poe and Berry sign me up, However I still believe Poe is the better one to sign long term, and let Berry go try and win a ring on a different contender.

The front 7 just gave up 170 yards on the ground. Poe did nothing to change that. They were pushed around in the first meeting as well, and that was with a healthy DJ.

Maybe it's the back issues, but Poe has been underwhelming two seasons in a row now, while Berry has been a freakin' all star.

Im all for keepin' Poe. I think he's a good player. GREAT player he is not. He's a +starter, not replacement level, not a JAG....but not an All Pro either.

chiefzilla1501
01-16-2017, 04:04 PM
Poe is just a fatty in the middle. He's nothing special. You can get the same production from any 4th rounder

I like Poe quite a bit. But if he's expensive, Jaye Howard has done fine in the Nose Tackle role, and Howard isn't that expensive.

ModSocks
01-16-2017, 04:05 PM
I like Poe quite a bit. But if he's expensive, Jaye Howard has done fine in the Nose Tackle role, and Howard isn't that expensive.

This. Would love to keep Poe at a reasonable deal. But if it comes to Poe vs Berry, Berry has him beat in production, resume & intangibles.

Chromatic
01-16-2017, 04:06 PM

awesome, can't wait to lose 10-7 again in the divisional round

no offense

KranzDictum
01-16-2017, 04:11 PM
The front 7 just gave up 170 yards on the ground. Poe did nothing to change that. They were pushed around in the first meeting as well, and that was with a healthy DJ.

Maybe it's the back issues, but Poe has been underwhelming two seasons in a row now, while Berry has been a freakin' all star.

Im all for keepin' Poe. I think he's a good player. GREAT player he is not. He's a +starter, not replacement level, not a JAG....but not an All Pro either.

Poe did fine, Bell is a great back, I thought the DE's were the ones getting pushed around allowing Bell to wait, pick his hole then explode through it. There were some plays where he attacked inside rather than get around the edge which was open but he did enough to help win the game.

I wonder if they dropped Houston so much because they didn't think Bell would run outside and didn't need him to set the edge. Not having Houston stuffing the run hurt a lot and he was terrible in coverage. Maybe they didn't want him torquing his knee trying to move guys around in the run game? I thought it was odd he wasn't his normal force in the run game last night.

RunKC
01-16-2017, 04:19 PM

Listen I'm all for Berry staying bc he's the leader of the team, but be honest here.

Berry got torched again by a TE in the playoffs and played really bad coverage.

ModSocks
01-16-2017, 04:25 PM
Listen I'm all for Berry staying bc he's the leader of the team, but be honest here.

Berry got torched again by a TE in the playoffs and played really bad coverage.

Berry got beat on one play that i can recall, in which the whole freaking defense bit hard. At the end of the day, it didn't matter much since he took the ball right back with an All-Pro fingertip interception.

Berry is a great player. Great players aren't invincible. They're going to get beat from time to time.

I don't recall this "really bad coverage". The entire night Ben was dinking and dunking off the play action pass, had ALLLL day to throw, and the defense was ran on all night.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
01-16-2017, 07:17 PM
Berry got beat on one play that i can recall, in which the whole freaking defense bit hard. At the end of the day, it didn't matter much since he took the ball right back with an All-Pro fingertip interception.

Berry is a great player. Great players aren't invincible. They're going to get beat from time to time.

I don't recall this "really bad coverage". The entire night Ben was dinking and dunking off the play action pass, had ALLLL day to throw, and the defense was ran on all night.

He failed to help Houston with Antonio Brown. Watch the replay, it is so bad how far off he was from ANY receiver. Very obvious who we he needed to help.

Marcellus
01-16-2017, 07:19 PM
He failed to help Houston with Antonio Brown. Watch the replay, it is so bad how far off he was from ANY receiver. Very obvious who we he needed to help.

In what world should Houston be covering Brown in the first damn place?

Prison Bitch
01-16-2017, 07:21 PM
Not me. Houston became a lazy turd when he got his $$$ no guarantees with these dudes

Bugeater
01-16-2017, 07:24 PM
Not me. Houston became a lazy turd when he got his $$$ no guarantees with these dudes
Not sure about the lazy turd part, but there certainly is a trend with our players disappearing once they get fat contracts.

MMXcalibur
01-16-2017, 07:26 PM
If Berry isn't a Chief going forward, it is going to be really REALLY difficult to give a shit about this team going forward.

And that's difficult for me to say because I've never put my level of fandom on the line in any other situation, but Berry needs to be a Chief for life (if he is welcome to the idea).