PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Cowherd: Chiefs should give up the farm for Jimmy Garoppolo

DaFace
01-20-2017, 02:43 PM
Let's all point and laugh now.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">.<a href="https://twitter.com/ColinCowherd">@ColinCowherd</a> on the Chiefs: &quot;I&#39;d give up whatever it takes to get Jimmy Garoppolo.&quot; <a href="https://t.co/3CZifZdflU">pic.twitter.com/3CZifZdflU</a></p>&mdash; Herd w/Colin Cowherd (@TheHerd) <a href="https://twitter.com/TheHerd/status/821140179813470208">January 16, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Here's the actual quote:

“All you Chiefs fans that are reluctant to give away Alex Smith and to give away Eric Berry and Dontari Poe and Travis Kelce to get a better quarterback, enjoy the next hail storm because you’re not going anywhere,” Cowherd said. “You’ve hit your ceiling. If you’re happy in a division with Derek Carr twice a year, Philip Rivers twice a year and John Elway twice a year, if you’e content with what you got at quarterback, okay. But we just saw what all those Pro Bowlers mean in the big game and you played it at home ... I’ve give up whatever it takes to get Jimmy Garoppolo.”

I can only imagine the epic shitstorm that would descend upon Arrowhead if we went after another Patriots backup quarterback who has looked good in a handful of games...

Rain Man
01-20-2017, 02:45 PM
I don't trust the judgment of anyone who thinks that John Elway is still the Denver quarterback.

Mr. Laz
01-20-2017, 02:46 PM
I'm shocked that Cowbutt would even lower himself to report on the Chiefs since he doesn't believe that flyover states matter.

I hope he dies of Aids in his Ballsack.

notorious
01-20-2017, 02:47 PM
:facepalm:

I am not taking another QB from New England. Let's groom our own success/failure.

DaneMcCloud
01-20-2017, 02:47 PM
Certainly not my first choice but I'd take him over another season of Alex Smith, who's hit his ceiling, IMO, and is on the decline.

Discuss Thrower
01-20-2017, 02:48 PM
He's Matt Cassel. Do. Not. Fucking. Want.

TimBone
01-20-2017, 02:49 PM
I don't trust the judgment of anyone who thinks that John Elway is still the Denver quarterback.
Hahahahaha.....that part of the article certainly was amusing.

And as if Elway has been a qb savy GM outside of the obvious decision to bring in Manning. Every other qb he's brought in have been turds. He thought Sanchez was an answer for fucks sake.

But, yeah, if we trade for another Pat's backup, I might have to finally bail.

notorious
San Fran QB/New England QB/San Fran QB/New England QB

FUCK YOU.

bevischief
JFC...

notorious
01-20-2017, 02:50 PM
I do listen to his show.

With that said, he thinks he is very smart, even though he has missed on as much stuff as he has predicted.

Flip a coin. It's just as accurate.

RealSNR
01-20-2017, 02:53 PM
"Don-tay Poe"

Why Not?
So, he's insinuating we should trade Alex Smith(Pats would not want), Eric Berry and Dontari Poe(FA's)and Travis Kelce(douche but our best player)for Jimmy Grappapy(however you spell it)???

Fuck you, Cowherd!

Rooster
So he thinks they should do whatever it takes to get a QB from Eastern Illinois University with approximately 2-1/2 games under his belt in the NFL? He should stick to shitty radio shows. :rolleyes:

jettio
Jimmy Garoppolo is a young QB with most of the tools to be a solid NFL QB.

However, from what I have seen, he has no ability to protect himself from injury. He took 10 shots in the opening night Arizona game that could have knocked him out of the lineup and he does get injured in week 3.

If a team trades for him to be a starter. that team better have a solid backup because that kid plays the game as if he is wearing a practice field red jersey that says nobody is allowed to hit him.

notorious
01-20-2017, 02:54 PM
So, he's insinuating we should trade Alex Smith(Pats would not want), Eric Berry and Dontari Poe(FA's)and Travis Kelce(douche but our best player)for Jimmy Grappapy(however you spell it)???

**** you, Cowherd!

He says absurd shit just to get ratings.

BlackHelicopters
01-20-2017, 02:59 PM
People listen to Cowherd? What a dismal life.

ChiliConCarnage
01-20-2017, 03:01 PM
If the Chiefs actually own a farm I'm fine with trading it away for Garoppolo.

Mr. Laz
01-20-2017, 03:05 PM
If the Chiefs actually own a farm I'm fine with trading it away for Garoppolo.
Ok, Captain Insane-o

What would you be willing to give up for Garoppolo?

Dayze
01-20-2017, 03:05 PM
they probably own a farm whose annual crops never quite meet their expectations.

kc79
01-20-2017, 03:06 PM
A couple of weeks ago he said Alex Smith is a lower level franchise QB. Now we should trade for another backup QB

TribalElder
01-20-2017, 03:08 PM
Well, at least they would appear to be trying to improve

Andy Sticking with Alex reminds me of the guys digging for treasure on oak island

They keep trying even though they haven't really found shit. Dumping huge amounts of money for little to no return

DaneMcCloud
01-20-2017, 03:13 PM
Ok, Captain Insane-o

Belichick is reportedly asking for a #1 and a #4.

Some people are skeptical that a team would give up that much for him but it sounds about right to me.

I doubt BB allows him to go for a low 2nd rounder or less.

TimBone
01-20-2017, 03:14 PM
they probably own a farm whose annual crops never quite meet their expectations.
Cows give powdered milk. Pigs give turkey bacon.

Beef Supreme
01-20-2017, 03:18 PM

Some people are skeptical that a team would give up that much for him but it sounds about right to me.

I'd give a #1 and a #4 for him. If we're talking about the combo menu at China King.

kccrow
01-20-2017, 03:19 PM
Cowherd can go herd cows on his own fucking farm and leave KC's the fuck out of his mouth. There is no farm I'd give up for Jimmy Garoppolo.

stumppy
01-20-2017, 03:23 PM
Well, at least they would appear to be trying to improve

Andy Sticking with Alex reminds me of the guys digging for treasure on oak island

They keep trying even though they haven't really found shit. Dumping huge amounts of money for little to no return

And people keep tuning in to see if 'it' ever happens.

Amnorix
01-20-2017, 03:23 PM
San Fran QB/New England QB/San Fran QB/New England QB

FUCK YOU.

ROFL ROFL ROFL

ModSocks
01-20-2017, 03:26 PM
He's right that the Chiefs have hit their ceiling. I agree with him there. The roster was loaded. Had the #2 seed. The team was passionate, motivated and empowered. It's hard to imagine the Chiefs getting much better. Maybe a stud RB?

Alex Smith isn't a BAD Qb, but he's hit his ceiling too.

Chiefs are in a curious place. They're good pretty much at every position. Are they willing to let go of a good player and take a chance on a boom/bust player? Because that's what we're talking about regarding Alex Smith.

Amnorix
01-20-2017, 03:29 PM

The most "natural" trade partner would seem to be Cleveland. QB problems, no clear cut guy to take at #1 in the draft, and they have the #12 pick in teh round and a few other extra picks in the draft. A 1 and 5 from them might be enough to get it done or whatever.

Saw that Cowherd thing. Pretty ridiculous. Multiple elite players ain't gonna happen.

KCUnited
01-20-2017, 03:32 PM
May as well just pay Foles.

MahiMike
too bad he's right...

RealSNR
If these patriot backups are future starters like they're advertised, the patriots wouldn't be selling them when Tom is 1000 years old. They'd be keeping them.

Fuck the Patriots. They can keep Jeanine Garrofalo and find out if he's NFL starter material themselves.

Red Dawg
01-20-2017, 03:34 PM
Brady is old as dirt and Bill wants to trade away his hand picked back up? He is looking for a sucker because Jimmy is not worth keeping. 2 starts is meaningless. Why would a team do that.

TribalElder
01-20-2017, 03:34 PM
And people keep tuning in to see if 'it' ever happens.

This is absolutely correct

Tickets now available

KC_Lee
01-20-2017, 03:36 PM
Two NE back ups come to mind; Matt Cassel & Ryan Mallet

Both did the same thing after leaving NE; jack and Raiduhs.

The entire NFL should be wary of the goods NE is selling.

ChiliConCarnage
01-20-2017, 03:37 PM
Ok, Captain Insane-o

I was joking about a real farm w/ livestock, crops and all

I'm not really sure in reality. I think the price is going to be way too high for somebody who's played just a few games. I wouldn't want to give up our first and I doubt the Pats would be interested in a late 2nd w/o something else significant added in. That's basically where they drafted him in the first place.

jspchief
01-20-2017, 04:00 PM
The only thing I want from the Patriots is their head coach.

Amnorix
01-20-2017, 04:03 PM
Two NE back ups come to mind; Matt Cassel & Ryan Mallet

Both did the same thing after leaving NE; jack and Raiduhs.

The entire NFL should be wary of the goods NE is selling.

For what it's worth (not much), neither looked as good as Garoppolo. Doesn't mean he won't wash out too, of course. The sample size was small, only 6 quarters, but he did look pretty damn good.

I saw every throw by Cassel and Mallet. Cassel grew to "not suck" with a ridiculous supporting cast in 2008 (Moss/Welker, etc.), but below is Jimmy G in only his second NFL game. Quicker decision-making, better accuracy and more mobile than either of those two guys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUI6YmBkj1w

Amnorix
01-20-2017, 04:04 PM

http://www.mycooltruckstuff.com/images/thumbs/0000150.jpeg

Amnorix
01-20-2017, 04:06 PM
Brady is old as dirt and Bill wants to trade away his hand picked back up? He is looking for a sucker because Jimmy is not worth keeping. 2 starts is meaningless. Why would a team do that.

Have you seen the state of quarterbacking in the NFL?

http://cloudfront.sportsgrid.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/vGJc2.jpg

Mr. Laz
01-20-2017, 04:07 PM
He's right that the Chiefs have hit their ceiling. I agree with him there. The roster was loaded. Had the #2 seed. The team was passionate, motivated and empowered. It's hard to imagine the Chiefs getting much better. Maybe a stud RB?

Chiefs are in a curious place. They're good pretty much at every position. Are they willing to let go of a good player and take a chance on a boom/bust player? Because that's what we're talking about regarding Alex Smith.

The Chiefs aren't that loaded with players or coaches.

Our Dline couldn't do a damn thing against the Oline of the Steelers
Our Oline could only hold it's own against the steelers
Our cornerbacks couldn't be left alone
Ford, Hali, Houston didn't do shit
Alex Smith is limited

Our Coaching isn't anything special outside of maybe Toub.

People hate when I say this ... Sutton appears just as limited as Alex Smith.

Our OC is a hot mess

What part of our team was Super Bowl worthy this year?

jspchief
01-20-2017, 04:10 PM
The Chiefs aren't that loaded with players or coaches.

Our Dline couldn't do a damn thing against the Oline of the Steelers
Our Oline could only hold it's own against the steelers
Our cornerbacks couldn't be left alone
Ford, Hali, Houston didn't do shit
Alex Smith is limited

Our Coaching isn't anything special outside of maybe Toub.

People hate when I say this ... Sutton appears just as limited as Alex Smith.

Our OC is a hot mess

What part of our team was Super Bowl worthy this year?
Agree. As a fanbase we've overrated nearly every facet of this team.

RunKC
01-20-2017, 04:14 PM
I guess being top 10 in points allowed every year with critical injuries to key starters and holding elite offenses to point totals far less than their average all season long (Minus 1 game) including the playoff game is enough to get rid of Sutton.

Some fans just don't get it

Chief_For_Life58
01-20-2017, 04:24 PM
hes got a point. Weve got all these pro bowlers but it doesnt matter for shit when you dont have a top 10 qb.

jspchief
01-20-2017, 04:25 PM
I guess being top 10 in points allowed every year with critical injuries to key starters and holding elite offenses to point totals far less than their average all season long (Minus 1 game) including the playoff game is enough to get rid of Sutton.

He's been embarrassingly out coached in the last 2 playoff games. Zero sacks. He's defense Andy Reid; a conservative regular season wins coach that doesn't deliver in the post season.

Rain Man
01-20-2017, 04:31 PM
He's been embarrassingly out coached in the last 2 playoff games. Zero sacks. He's defense Andy Reid; a conservative regular season wins coach that doesn't deliver in the post season.

On average, he gave up 15 points per game in three playoff games over the past two seasons. I'll take that 100 times out of 100.

And the offense has averaged 22 points during those three games, and somehow their record is still 1-2. I can only shake my head.

Kman34
01-20-2017, 04:32 PM
Cowturd should shut the fuck up... we can get a shitty brokedick retread QB on our own....

carcosa
01-20-2017, 04:33 PM
At first I thought Bill Cowher said this.

Pablo
01-20-2017, 04:35 PM
Chiefs need to trade for Kaep. He's a 49ers retread like everyone likes and I'm sure he'd get fired up for the flyovers at Arrowhead!

CaliforniaChief
01-20-2017, 04:45 PM
Of course everyone's going to speculate all about every retread coming to Kansas City because we are Retread City. It will be the first thing that comes to everyone's mind.

Red Dawg
01-20-2017, 04:48 PM
I have some faith that Dorsey will cut Smith. Andy was very noncommittal when asked if Smith would be the QB next season. Clark has seen what happens when a QB is slammed up our ass that we don't want. I'm sure it was embarrassing for him. This is the same situation.

RunKC
01-20-2017, 04:49 PM

Defense gave up 18 points and no TD's to a HOF QB, top 5 WR, top 5 RB and good OL.

Nobody ever blames the players. Berry was god awful in coverage, Poe didn't hold any blocks and Houston had plenty of rushes that he couldn't do shit with.

And we still only gave up 18 fucking points.

jspchief
01-20-2017, 05:07 PM
On average, he gave up 15 points per game in three playoff games over the past two seasons. I'll take that 100 times out of 100.

And the offense has averaged 22 points during those three games, and somehow their record is still 1-2. I can only shake my head.
Teams know what it takes to beat KC, and it doesn't require scoring 40.

Sutton isn't high on my list of "must replace", but he's also not high on my list of "must retain".

displacedinMN
01-20-2017, 05:10 PM
Patriot poison

GoChargers
01-20-2017, 05:12 PM
Jimmy G is so overrated. The media just wants their beloved Patriots to stock up on picks and assets for the post-Brady era by hyping this scrub up.

TimBone
01-20-2017, 05:13 PM
Chiefs need to trade for Kaep. He's a 49ers retread like everyone likes and I'm sure he'd get fired up for the flyovers at Arrowhead!
MIGHT EVEN STAND FOR THE ANTHEM

scho63
01-20-2017, 05:14 PM
How much is Bill Bellichek paying him to say that silly shit?

FlaChief58
01-20-2017, 05:22 PM
Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice... Yeah, Fuck that noise

Spott
01-20-2017, 05:28 PM
Just what we need is yet another team's backup, because it's worked so well for us the past 50 years.

philfree
01-20-2017, 05:28 PM
This is going to be a long off season. Next thing you know Romo is going to redo his contract with the Cowboys so he's cheap and we'll end up with Sanchex.

Chief Pagan
01-20-2017, 05:33 PM

I would be willing to take their 1000 year-old QB off their hands.

Just sayin...

SCTrojan
01-20-2017, 05:38 PM

If the league should know anything, it's that if Bill Belichick is willing to make a trade, it's because he thinks it's going to work out in his favor. Not that it's equal value for equal value, but because he thinks he will come out ahead in the deal.

No way the Chiefs, or anyone for that matter, should give him what he wants. They would be just asking to get screwed.

LoneWolf
01-20-2017, 05:43 PM
Chiefs go 6-0 vs Derek Carr, Phillip Rivers, and John Elway (Cowdung realizes that Elway doesn't play anymore, doesn't he?), but the Chiefs should trade multiple assets for some JAG from New England because they are scared of the other teams in the AFC West? That's dumb even by Cowherd's low standards.

KC needs to keep Alex Smith and draft his replacement. The best way to ensure long-term success is to find a franchise QB in the draft. There aren't any Drew Brees or Peyton Mannings available on the open market right now.

NJChiefsFan
01-20-2017, 05:47 PM

Kicked the crap out of a bad team and lost to two good teams.

Hog's Gone Fishin
01-20-2017, 06:04 PM

Agreed, Pitt didn't score a TD. we got fucked out of the game on a holding call.

We played the Pats good at the same playoff level last year.

Our roster will be improved next year with the draft picks from the last two years maturing.

Valiant
01-20-2017, 06:42 PM

Won't matter until reid gives up playcalling. Saying we are predictable or shoot ourselves in the foot is an understatement.

stumppy
01-20-2017, 07:00 PM
Chiefs go 6-0 vs Derek Carr, Phillip Rivers, and John Elway (Cowdung realizes that Elway doesn't play anymore, doesn't he?), but the Chiefs should trade multiple assets for some JAG from New England because they are scared of the other teams in the AFC West? That's dumb even by Cowherd's low standards.

KC needs to keep Alex Smith and draft his replacement. The best way to ensure long-term success is to find a franchise QB in the draft. There aren't any Drew Brees or Peyton Mannings available on the open market right now.

This.....this....oh god (keep in mind I'm an atheist) please let this happen. A move like this would bring such a boost of optimism for the fans. It would show this team has direction, a plan, is putting in the effort to take the next step. It would bring more attention, media and fan, along with more cash to the team.
To put it in political terms. It would shore up their base. And give this team a solid identity. That is what I high round draft pick could do.

HemiEd
01-20-2017, 07:23 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">.<a href="https://twitter.com/ColinCowherd">@ColinCowherd</a> on the Chiefs: &quot;I&#39;d give up whatever it takes to get Jimmy Garoppolo.&quot; <a href="https://t.co/3CZifZdflU">pic.twitter.com/3CZifZdflU</a></p>&mdash; Herd w/Colin Cowherd (@TheHerd) <a href="https://twitter.com/TheHerd/status/821140179813470208">January 16, 2017</a></blockquote>

I can only imagine the epic shitstorm that would descend upon Arrowhead if we went after another Patriots backup quarterback who has looked good in a handful of games...
Sign me up, I am all in. this aint workin

I kid, I kid

rabblerouser
01-20-2017, 07:40 PM
I'm shocked that Cowbutt would even lower himself to report on the Chiefs since he doesn't believe that flyover states matter.

I hope he dies of Aids in his Ballsack.

Ebolaids. While drinking antifreeze in a dumpster fire.

Fuck Cowterd.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-20-2017, 08:24 PM
Cowherd should insert his penis in to a light socket.

KranzDictum
01-20-2017, 08:48 PM

I am not taking another QB from New England. Let's groom our own success/failure.

It could be worse, he could be a backup QB for the 49ers, it would only make like the 5th 49er backup QB kc has traded for.

Great Expectations
01-20-2017, 09:31 PM
Garoppolo isn't going to be good or bad because Cassel sucks. To not want him because Matt is/was/will always be awful is stupid. One outcome has nothing to do with the other. The university of California and their system produced shit QBs until one didn't suck. Back ups from Atlanta were awful until one was good. Backups from San Fran were great until the last 3 weren't.

Look at the individual talent, not where they've played.

Jerok
01-20-2017, 09:41 PM
Instead of bundling the farm for Garappolo how about we use those pieces and trade up to the top 10 and draft DeSean Watson

MMXcalibur
01-20-2017, 09:48 PM
Go fuck yourself, Cowherd, you stupid shit.

DRAFT A GODDAMN QB

ping2000
01-20-2017, 10:12 PM
Fuck to the no!

Pasta Little Brioni
01-20-2017, 10:20 PM
No, but he would start in Denver. Time to move on from that joke Lynch

Bowser
01-20-2017, 11:42 PM

Here's the actual quote:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/pmePLg3hdCw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

splatbass
01-21-2017, 01:10 AM

Not that this has anything to do with your point about Andy, but the object of that show isn't to find treasure, it is to make a lot of money on a TV show. They get a lot of return, just not from the treasure they never intend to find and that they probably don't even believe exists because it would put the show out of business.

splatbass
01-21-2017, 01:12 AM

This is a very sensible point. Not like you at all. :)

el borracho
01-21-2017, 01:14 AM
At least Garrapolo is still an unknown; Smith was already established as a nothing-special player when we traded for his dumb butt. With that said, f!ck trading for more backup QBs! Well past time to draft our own crappy quarterbacks. At least it wouldn't be someone else's reject and there will be the small possibility of finding a good one.

Miles
01-21-2017, 02:20 AM
Trying to think of when trading for one of these groomed backups worked out for anyone in the last 20 years. Schaub the best of that lot?

St. Patty's Fire
01-21-2017, 05:03 AM
I definitely wouldn't mind pursuing Garoppolo, but I definitely would mind giving up a 1st round pick + for him. He's a pretty good looking young QB, but BB's willingness to move him makes me pause. I get that Brady is still there, but how long is he going to stay elite?

I would consider a 2nd+, but a 1st rounder is a no go for me. Ideally, we could trade for Garoppolo and pick a QB at 27. Gives us two shots at finding a legitimately high end QB. Some other team will likely pay the asking price, though. Probably Cleveland.

ALso, lol @ blowturd. "Denver has John Elway" lmfao.

Rasputin
01-21-2017, 05:09 AM
The league should blackball making any deals and trades with the Patriots as long as Bill B is there running the show.

DaNewGuy
01-21-2017, 05:25 AM
I don't want anymore assholes from the Patriots

okcchief
01-21-2017, 08:53 AM
This move screams Chiefs.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

oldman
01-21-2017, 09:43 AM
Uuuuhhhhh----PASS!

NWTF
01-21-2017, 10:35 AM
The farm for Jimmy Garoppolo? :rolleyes:
Id rather just continue with Smith or other stop gap equivalent QB and draft and develop a TOP QB prospect.

The one thing I agree with Cowherd on is this Chiefs team has reached its ceiling.
It would take fluke events, anomalies, for this Chiefs team to advance to and even win a SB. IE Brady injured/retired, other events that negatively impact the playoff competitor landscape. Hell, they needed Carr to break his leg to flop playoff seeding with the Raiders and avoid the WC round.

While the Defense is good it isnt great. Its not close to a 2000 Ravens, 85 Bears that can smother every playoff opponent which would in turn allow the conservative Reid/Smith approach to work.

810 Grunhard said basically that when one of the other other morning guys threw out the Smith apologist " we got to upgrade the Oline, running game, maybe a true #1 WR, and we have to get better on Defense."

Those great Defenses come around and win A SB maybe once a decade. The other 9 years are won by teams with great QBs.

Bowser
01-21-2017, 10:52 AM
First Jimmy Garapolo, now Le'Veon Bell. I look forward to those two being Chiefs next season, along with Julio Jones and Richard Sherman. To the ship, I say.

splatbass
01-21-2017, 11:48 AM
The one thing I agree with Cowherd on is this Chiefs team has reached its ceiling.
It would take fluke events, anomalies, for this Chiefs team to advance to and even win a SB. IE Brady injured/retired, other events that negatively impact the playoff competitor landscape.

You could say that about almost every team in the league. I would be surprised if the Pats don't win it all this year.

Mr. Laz
01-21-2017, 11:58 AM
Belicheat wants to trade a player then you don't want said player ... period.

WhiteWhale
01-21-2017, 12:01 PM
"The best way to win is to trade for someone else's back up QB every time you want a new one."

Dude needs to stick his dick in a fan.

That's all anyone sees KC as... the dumping ground for their back up QB's.

Bowser
01-21-2017, 12:04 PM
"The best way to win is to trade for someone else's back up QB every time you want a new one."

Dude needs to stick his dick in a fan.

That's all anyone sees KC as... the dumping ground for their back up QB's.

Well to be fair, that's exactly what the Chiefs have built themselves up to be, and exactly why we haven't been to a Super Bowl and won one.

I don't understand why this is such a hard concept to grasp for the management at 1 Arrowhead Drive.

WhiteWhale
01-21-2017, 12:07 PM
Well to be fair, that's exactly what the Chiefs have built themselves up to be, and exactly why we haven't been to a Super Bowl and won one.

I don't understand why this is such a hard concept to grasp for the management at 1 Arrowhead Drive.

Yeah man. I remember the past 25 years.

It's like the only people who are sick of it are KC fans. I cringe anytime trading for someone's back up QB is put on the table.

Especially when it's a back up to a HOFer on a great team who has limited playing time.

jimidollar
01-21-2017, 12:08 PM
The most I would give up is a 7th rounder.

Rausch
01-21-2017, 12:08 PM
Nothing.

DO NOT WANT...

bricks
01-21-2017, 12:20 PM
I don't mind trading or signing a QB as long as it's the "right" QB.

People can complain all they want about the Chiefs not drafting and developing a QB that could take them to the promised land but in reality if they traded or signed for a veteran QB
that did that for them; this whole incompetence of them not drafting and developing a QB wouldn't really matter.

It's just a matter of finding the "right" guy regardless of "how" and that is something the Chiefs aren't good at. They could draft a QB in the either rounds 2,3,4 or whatever but if they find him then not drafting him a QB in the first round wouldn't matter.

Dial me in as the fan that just wants the Chiefs to get a very very good QB. Yeah im with a lot of you. I'm not sold on Alex Smith, Elvis Grbac, Matt Cassel and Steve Bono. I'm sick of those ****ers. I hope they just find a QB somewhere, somehow for once for **** sakes!

Lzen
01-21-2017, 12:33 PM
FUCK NO!!!

Rausch
01-21-2017, 12:50 PM

People can complain all they want about the Chiefs not drafting and developing a QB that could take them to the promised land but in reality if they traded or signed for a veteran QB
that did that for them; this whole incompetence of them not drafting and developing a QB wouldn't really matter.

So your argument is that if the Chiefs only did what the Chifs CONSISTENTLY do better they'd be better off?

Really?...

Bowser
01-21-2017, 01:24 PM

It's just a matter of finding the "right" guy regardless of "how" and that is something the Chiefs aren't good at. They could draft a QB in the either rounds 2,3,4 or whatever but if they find him then not drafting him a QB in the first round wouldn't matter.

Dial me in as the fan that just wants the Chiefs to get a very very good QB. Yeah im with a lot of you. I'm not sold on Alex Smith, Elvis Grbac, Matt Cassel and Steve Bono. I'm sick of those ****ers. I hope they just find a QB somewhere, somehow for once for **** sakes!

https://media.giphy.com/media/26uf2JHNV0Tq3ugkE/giphy.gif

We absolutely need to draft and develop a guy that can become a superstar at QB, considering that it really is the most important position on the field.

Not convinced? Well, take a gander at this -

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B7vuoTtCIAAhWLi.png

Nobody has won shit after trading for somebody else's backup and expecting them to do for their new team what they couldn't do for their old team. And frankly, I'm over watching the Chiefs trying to make it work with other people's backups.

FFS, draft a quarterback. It's plainly obvious that's what needs to be done.

bricks
01-21-2017, 01:26 PM
So your argument is that if the Chiefs only did what the Chifs CONSISTENTLY do better they'd be better off?

Really?...

Not really! Well kind of. I'm glad you replied to me because you'll suck out an answer out of me. Imo, it really has to do with them being passive and lacking that sound overall judgement with respect to decision making for the QB position. I'm saying that it has to do more than their incompetence of not finding that QB through the draft.

Like when Drew Bree's hit the FA market, perfect time to go after a QB that could help your franchise win a ****ing bowl! Be proactive and sign the mother****er when you have a chance or at least compete for his services!! It's only matter of capitalizing at opportune times. But because this organization is so god damn passive (it's sickening), they fail to recognize opportunities when they are there. That's not surprising.

Instead what do they do? they kept a broken Trent Green and a backup QB in Damon Huard that was playing well at the time but was nothing more than just journeyman/2nd or 3rd string QB throughout his career.

Another scenario, Grbac/Gannon QB controversy. That I blame on Marty mainly.
But at the end of the day, this should've been an organizational decision with respect to who should've been the QB. Chiefs made a mistake by putting too much faith into Marty for making that decision for them and it cost them dearly.

One thing I do know, you never mess with a hot hand which Gannon was at the time when he replaced Grbac after he got hurt in the '97 season. If Chiefs opt to go with Gannon, they have a greater chance of beating the Broncos and getting to the Super Bowl that year.

bricks
01-21-2017, 01:31 PM
It's more than just a lack of drafting QB prospects over the years, it's also failing in other ways to address the QB position.

bricks
01-21-2017, 01:34 PM
GB won a SuperBowl with Favre. Did they draft him? No....They just happened to have good judgement with respect to the QB position, thus, they made the "right" trade for the "right" guy.

jspchief
01-21-2017, 01:39 PM
The biggest mistake KC makes is believing they can turn someone else's trash into treasure.

The second biggest mistake they make is protecting the delicate psyche of that trash by not continually trying to upgrade the position.

Bowser
01-21-2017, 01:43 PM
GB won a SuperBowl with Favre. Did they draft him? No....They just happened to have good judgement with respect to the QB position, thus, they made the "right" trade for the "right" guy.

I mean come on, Favre is obviously an outlier here. Plus, he was never a starter for Atlanta. Had they given him a chance, Green Bay may not have gotten a shot at him.

I stand by my comments.

Bowser
01-21-2017, 01:44 PM
The biggest mistake KC makes is believing they can turn someone else's trash into treasure.

The second biggest mistake they make is protecting the delicate psyche of that trash by not continually trying to upgrade the position.

Man, truer words have never been spoken. From Bono and Grbac all the way to Smith, we have coddled every single guy we have brought in here to be "the guy". So frustrating.

splatbass
01-21-2017, 01:46 PM
Belicheat wants to trade a player then you don't want said player ... period.

Exactly. Brady isn't getting any younger and has maybe one more year in him, if BB wants to trade Garoppolo then he must not be good enough to replace him. If you take BB's castoff you are basically settling.

splatbass
01-21-2017, 01:50 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B7vuoTtCIAAhWLi.png

Nobody has won shit after trading for somebody else's backup and expecting them to do for their new team what they couldn't do for their old team. And frankly, I'm over watching the Chiefs trying to make it work with other people's backups.

You realize that Manning is on there with two different teams, right? Kind of contradicts your point.

Bowser
01-21-2017, 01:57 PM
You realize that Manning is on there with two different teams, right? Kind of contradicts your point.

How so, exactly? Peyton went there as a free agent, he wasn't traded.

splatbass
01-21-2017, 02:00 PM
How so, exactly? Peyton went there as a free agent, he wasn't traded.

What's the difference? He went there because Indy didn't want him anymore.

Bowser
01-21-2017, 02:06 PM

But we're talking about QB trades and how they've not done shit, specifically for the Chiefs. When was the last time a QB got traded to a team and went on to win it all? Brad Johnson? That Bucs team beat up on an Oakland team that their head coach had put together himself. There's no way Tampa wasn't winning that game, and it had nothing to do with the play of Brad Johnson.

And Peyton is another outlier. He is legitimately one of the 5 best quarterbacks of all time. He likely could have gotten Cleveland to a Super Bowl if he had gone there.

Bowser
01-21-2017, 02:07 PM

And honestly, what the hell else do you need to see from the Chiefs to be convinced going the trade/free agent route isn't the way to get to a championship?

NWTF

They knew Peytons window was closing, and with suck for Luck a success they got to hit the reset button a grab another franchise QB with the first pick in the draft.

New World Order

Peyton is clearly the exception here.

FloridaMan88
01-21-2017, 02:20 PM
Do not want Jimmy CassAssweilrappolo

Discuss Thrower
01-21-2017, 02:26 PM
And honestly, what the hell else do you need to see from the Chiefs to be convinced going the trade/free agent route isn't the way to get to a championship?

Similarly, how has KC done with signing or trading for the "best" QB:

Montana: 17-8 regular season starts, 2-2 playoffs, 0-1 AFCCG. 29-16 TDs/INTs 210 yards/game.

Bono: 21-10 regular season, 0-1 playoffs. 37-27 TDs/INTs 175 yds/game

Grbac: 26-21 regular season, 0-1 playoffs. 66-46 TDs/INTs 217 yds/game

Green: 48-40 regular season, 0-2 playoffs. 118-85 TDs/INTs 243 yds/game

Huard: 10-11 regular season, 0-0 playoffs. 24-18 TDs/INTs 177 yds/game

Cassel: 19-28 regular season, 0-1 playoffs. 59-44 TDs/INTs 198 yds/game

Smith: 41-21 regular season 1-2 playoffs. 76-28 TDs/INTs 222 yds/game

Bowser
01-21-2017, 02:39 PM
^ Want to know what that equals up to? A lot of false hope and butts in the seats.

Pablo
01-21-2017, 02:41 PM
Smiff's 1-3 here in the playoffs, don't go just giving him that .333 W/L.

RippedmyFlesh
01-21-2017, 02:42 PM
Brady had a lot of time left when they traded cassel but for them to trade brady's backup at this stage of his career should make you stop dead in your tracks.

MahiMike
01-21-2017, 09:31 PM
The guy we really want from NE is McDaniels. Didn't matter if it was Jimmy, Tom or a 3rd stringer, those WRs were running wide open.

Willie Lanier
01-21-2017, 11:26 PM
Cowherd's name is completely appropriate...

A Garrapolo trade would be the most cowardly move my boys have made since AS

Good thing he's not running our front office

MotherfuckerJones
01-21-2017, 11:28 PM
Fuck it. Just get rid of this fucking bum in Alex Smith

bricks
01-23-2017, 01:39 PM
Colin Cowherd was doing well when he said Chiefs have "A talent" with a "C Quarterback."

And that they ain't going anywhere till they get the QB position down especially in a conference when you got emerging QBs in Derek Carr, Andrew Luck and Marcus Marriotta.

But then when he said, he'd do what it takes to get Garappolo I just shook my head. I grabbed my lighter in my kitchen, laid flat in the floor in a shoulder stand pose and fire farted to that sh*t

Dayze
01-23-2017, 02:31 PM
Colin Cowherd was doing well when he said Chiefs have "A talent" with a "C Quarterback."

And that they ain't going anywhere till they get the QB position down especially in a conference when you got emerging QBs in Derek Carr, Andrew Luck and Marcus Marriotta.

But then when he said, he'd do what it takes to get Garappolo I just shook my head. I grabbed my lighter in my kitchen, laid flat in the floor in a shoulder stand pose and fire farted to that sh*t

LMAO

Spott
01-23-2017, 03:10 PM
The Chiefs have a farm?

Beef Supreme
01-23-2017, 03:22 PM
Is Cowherd a Pats fan? Cause this smells like priming the pump for Bellychick to be on the winning end of yet another lopsided trade.

BucEyedPea
01-23-2017, 03:22 PM
I don't want anyone to get Jimmy. He's ours.

oldman
01-23-2017, 03:32 PM
Is Cowherd a Pats fan? Cause this smells like priming the pump for Bellychick to be on the winning end of yet another lopsided trade.

Yeah, I think we've been this path before. PASS!!!

philfree
01-23-2017, 03:43 PM
Crappalo played in a hand full of games and got injured. And that's just one of many reasons why this is the worst idea ever.

DaneMcCloud
01-23-2017, 03:49 PM
Crappalo played in a hand full of games and got injured. And that's just one of many reasons why this is the worst idea ever.

That's really dumb. Football players are injured all of the time, only to return a few weeks later, healthy as ever.

Garoppolo threw for 502 yards and 4 TD's in two starts this year before injury and had a completion percentage of 68.3%.

He's clearly a fit for Reid's WCO in that he has ideal size and accuracy.

If a team's only reason for not trading for him is a Grade 2 AC Joint injury, that's one fucking dumbass team.

DaneMcCloud
01-23-2017, 03:51 PM

Not for much longer. If BB doesn't trade him this offseason, he'll either need to Franchise him or let him walk.

Do really believe that he'll earn more money than Brady?

gold_and_red
01-23-2017, 03:52 PM
Not for much longer. If BB doesn't trade him this offseason, he'll either need to Franchise him or let him walk.

If there is no market for him at the asking price do the Pats let him walk? Can't he remain the backup?

DaneMcCloud
01-23-2017, 03:53 PM
If there is no market for him at the asking price do the Pats let him walk? Can't he remain the backup?

There's always a market for QB's, even those QB's that play well in limited action.

raybec 4
01-23-2017, 03:59 PM
There's always a market for QB's, even those QB's that play well in limited action.

BB will sucker someone into paying a kings ransom for him. Mallet, Cassel, and there was another in there somewhere, he's fantastic at it. He'll get some QB needy team to pony up two seconds or a first and a third for him.

Red Dawg
01-23-2017, 04:08 PM
How can anyone think that Jimmy is some stud player? He played in two games and thats far too small of a sample size to know what he is yet. Definitely to small to throw away any high end picks. Bill fishing for a sucker even with Brady being near the end. Jimmy must not be all that great if he's willing to let him walk.

philfree
01-23-2017, 04:10 PM
That's really dumb. Football players are injured all of the time, only to return a few weeks later, healthy as ever.

Garoppolo threw for 502 yards and 4 TD's in two starts this year before injury and had a completion percentage of 68.3%.

He's clearly a fit for Reid's WCO in that he has ideal size and accuracy.

If a team's only reason for not trading for him is a Grade 2 AC Joint injury, that's one ****ing dumbass team.

Small sample size playing for Belichick and getting injured after a few starts are reasons for me to doubt that he'll be successful with another team. Also if Belichick will part with Crappalo then Belichick must not view him as a future starter. Meaning he's a backup. And then why would we want to help the Patriots do what they do by falling for the same crap and trading valuable picks for their backup QB?

DaneMcCloud
01-23-2017, 04:15 PM
Small sample size playing for Belichick and getting injured after a few starts are reasons for me to doubt that he'll be successful with another team. Also if Belichick will part with Crappalo then Belichick must not view him as a future starter. Meaning he's a backup. And then why would we want to help the Patriots do what they do by falling for the same crap and trading valuable picks for their backup QB?

Complete nonsense

DaneMcCloud
01-23-2017, 04:16 PM
BB will sucker someone into paying a kings ransom for him. Mallet, Cassel, and there was another in there somewhere, he's fantastic at it. He'll get some QB needy team to pony up two seconds or a first and a third for him.

A second round pick for Cassel wasn't a "King's Ransom", nor was trading Ryan Mallet for a 7th round pick.

Good fucking grief.

DaneMcCloud
01-23-2017, 04:18 PM
How can anyone think that Jimmy is some stud player? He played in two games and thats far too small of a sample size to know what he is yet. Definitely to small to throw away any high end picks. Bill fishing for a sucker even with Brady being near the end. Jimmy must not be all that great if he's willing to let him walk.

Brady wants to play 5 more years, so he's nowhere "near the end".

If Garoppolo isn't traded, he'll be an Unrestricted Free Agent at the end of next season.

What's more plausible: Belichick trades him or lets him walk with zero compensation?

Yeah, I thought so.

DaneMcCloud
01-23-2017, 04:20 PM
Small sample size playing for Belichick and getting injured after a few starts are reasons for me to doubt that he'll be successful with another team.

That's just outright fucking stupid.

ANY college QB has ZERO "sample size" in the NFL.

Also if Belichick will part with Crappalo then Belichick must not view him as a future starter. Meaning he's a backup. And then why would we want to help the Patriots do what they do by falling for the same crap and trading valuable picks for their backup QB?

Nonsense.

Trade him or let him walk. Which will Belichick see as more valuable?

Also, they drafted Jacoby Brissett last year, too. They can move on from Garappolo is they so choose.

Chiefshrink
01-23-2017, 04:38 PM

You just like the "eye candy".:D

Chiefshrink
01-23-2017, 04:39 PM
This would be a Brock Osweiler type set up for sure for our Chiefs. NO !!!

DaneMcCloud
01-23-2017, 04:40 PM
This would be a Brock Osweiler type set up for sure for our Chiefs. NO !!!

You're the Brock Owswieiler of this forum

Crush
01-23-2017, 04:43 PM
Sounds like something the Browns would do.

TimBone
01-23-2017, 04:46 PM
Sounds like something the Browns would do.
Or the Chiefs. Let's be real.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-23-2017, 08:08 PM
How any Chiefs fan could find this scenario enticing or appealing in any way, shape, or form is beyond my capacity to reason.

ARROW2
01-23-2017, 08:14 PM
Why would NE give us the "missing piece" we need?

MahiMike
01-23-2017, 08:27 PM
I do like the fact Garappolo has experience and won in the NFL. Too many draftees never get that far.

Also, what that means is you're getting a guy that's got years of learning from both Tom Brady and Bill Bilichick. That alone is worth a lot.

stumppy
01-23-2017, 08:32 PM
I do like the fact Garappolo has experience and won in the NFL. Too many draftees never get that far.

Also, what that means is you're getting a guy that's got years of learning from both Tom Brady and Bill Bilichick. That alone is worth a lot.

Probably even more than a 2cnd round pick and a 6O million dollar contract.

Hammock Parties
01-23-2017, 08:35 PM
This actually makes me thankful for Alex Smith.

As long as he is on the roster the Chiefs aren't trading for anyone else's trash.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-23-2017, 08:51 PM

Fuck yeah! That last understudy we acquired was balls to the wall!

DaneMcCloud
01-23-2017, 09:00 PM
Fuck yeah! That last understudy we acquired was balls to the wall!

"We"?

I thought you were no longer a Chiefs fan?

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-23-2017, 09:01 PM
"We"?

I thought you were no longer a Chiefs fan?

With the possible departure of Smith, all things are possible.

Hammock Parties
01-23-2017, 09:13 PM
It sure would be great to have this at QB in KC again!

http://i.imgur.com/IX5ZXBA.gif

DaneMcCloud
01-23-2017, 09:15 PM
It sure would be great to have this at QB in KC again!

His first NFL start, on the road, against the 2nd best team in the NFC the prior year.

And guess what: He still won.

Claynus.

chiefscafan
01-23-2017, 09:26 PM
Matt cassel won games too I say pass

DaneMcCloud
01-23-2017, 09:29 PM
Matt cassel won games too I say pass

Excellent reasoning

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-23-2017, 09:31 PM
I accused Smith of Cassel II back when he first came to KC, but this would literally be Cassel II: Pedal-Powered Boog-a-loo.

No one who loves the Chiefs should desire this scenario.

philfree
01-23-2017, 09:32 PM
That's just outright ****ing stupid.

ANY college QB has ZERO "sample size" in the NFL.

Nonsense.

Trade him or let him walk. Which will Belichick see as more valuable?

Also, they drafted Jacoby Brissett last year, too. They can move on from Garappolo is they so choose.

Let them move on then. If they release him then bring him in for a look and maybe sign him as a free agent. If we want to change our culture at QB in KC then trading more picks for another back up is the wrong move. Some might say it's outright stupid.

Hammock Parties
01-23-2017, 09:35 PM

For his career, almost 85 percent of Garoppolo's completions are passes thrown 10 yards or less. (44/52)

That's 7 percent HIGHER than dink-and-dunkin' 2016 ALEX SMITH. (255/328)

Do. Not. Want.

DaneMcCloud
01-23-2017, 09:38 PM
Let them move on then. If they release him then bring him in for a look and maybe sign him as a free agent. If we want to change our culture at QB in KC then trading more picks for another back up is the wrong move. Some might say it's outright stupid.

Do you even NFL?

DaneMcCloud
01-23-2017, 09:39 PM
For his career, almost 85 percent of Garoppolo's completions are passes thrown 10 yards or less. (44/52)

That's 7 percent HIGHER than dink-and-dunkin' 2016 ALEX SMITH. (255/328)

Do. Not. Want.

Thanks, Claynus.

Do you what else?

Chiefsplanet Do Not Want: Claynus

philfree
01-23-2017, 09:45 PM
Do you even NFL?

Yeah but only a little.

GloryDayz
01-23-2017, 10:20 PM
Have you seen the state of quarterbacking in the NFL?

http://cloudfront.sportsgrid.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/vGJc2.jpg

Welp, they're trying!

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-23-2017, 10:40 PM
Thanks, Claynus.

Do you what else?

Why are you setting yourself, and potentially others, up to accept this acquisition?

It is not a desirable acquisition. It is also a carbon-copy repeat of the KC QB situation prior to Smith's arrival. This is NOT a "trust a process" situation, Dane. It is a "motherFUCK the process"-scenario.

No one in their right mind should be accepting of this move.

DaneMcCloud
01-23-2017, 11:15 PM
Why are you setting yourself, and potentially others, up to accept this acquisition?

It is not a desirable acquisition. It is also a carbon-copy repeat of the KC QB situation prior to Smith's arrival. This is NOT a "trust a process" situation, Dane. It is a "motherFUCK the process"-scenario.

No one in their right mind should be accepting of this move.

As I said earlier, there are worse moves than Garappolo, which include standing pat with Alex Smith.

This QB class is iffy at best, with several one year starters and guys that needs, IMO, years of development.

Smith is winning nothing for the Chiefs in 2017, other than an AFC West title, because the division is in flux.

There are worse moves that could be made.

Couch-Potato
01-24-2017, 07:56 AM

Ding

Red Dawg
01-24-2017, 08:09 AM
As I said earlier, there are worse moves than Garappolo, which include standing pat with Alex Smith.

This QB class is iffy at best, with several one year starters and guys that needs, IMO, years of development.

Smith is winning nothing for the Chiefs in 2017, other than an AFC West title, because the division is in flux.

Lets be clear. Smith had little to do with winning the division. He played decent in a few games but defense and st's won the division.

DaneMcCloud
01-24-2017, 09:15 AM
Lets be clear. Smith had little to do with winning the division. He played decent in a few games but defense and st's won the division.

This is a complete falsehood.

Alex Smith is generally not a guy that can elevate a flat team. We saw that against the Texans, Titans and Steelers in the playoffs.

But if the other 11 guys around him are playing well, he can lead the team to victory and generally has good performances.

Every fan wants a transcendent QB. The problem is that on a planet of seven billion people, very few exist and many of teams that do have a transcendent QB acquired them through sheer dumb luck.

Red Dawg
01-24-2017, 09:26 AM
This is a complete falsehood.

Alex Smith is generally not a guy that can elevate a flat team. We saw that against the Texans, Titans and Steelers in the playoffs.

But if the other 11 guys around him are playing well, he can lead the team to victory and generally has good performances.

Every fan wants a transcendent QB. The problem is that on a planet of seven billion people, very few exist and many of teams that do have a transcendent QB acquired them through sheer dumb luck.

I disagree. Film tells all and game after game we have seen him run for no reason and not see open targets. He stinks even when others are doing their jobs. It's not rocket science to figure out why we can't score on bad defenses. Smith plays scared and doesn't stand tall and deliver the ball.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-24-2017, 08:52 PM

This is very important. We both agree that moving forward with Smith is to stand still. Excellent.

Definitely not the hottest class to come down the pike, but guys like Mahomes and Trubiski are guys that the coaching staff can work with, and who would put us ahead of Smith in terms of both ceiling and immediate dividends.

And he may struggle with even that.

There's always a worse move, but I'd rather draft a QB and let Foles and the rookie battle it out than waste time on another Belicheck cast-off.
It's time.
If the Chiefs draft a QB, one of the two existing QB's who are familiar with the system needs to stay. And since this is the best year to part ways with Smith, I say, "so long Smith".

Tombstone RJ
01-24-2017, 08:59 PM
I said this in another thread and I'll say it here. KC should cut/trade Smithers, keep/start Foles and draft a QB in the first 3 rounds.

ThaVirus
01-24-2017, 09:01 PM
I will literally kill myself if this happens

DaneMcCloud
01-24-2017, 09:09 PM

I guess there are pro's and con's to this idea

ThaVirus
01-24-2017, 09:10 PM
I guess there are pro's and con's to this idea

Definitely. Add that one to the con list.

DaneMcCloud
01-24-2017, 09:10 PM
Definitely. Add that one to the con list.

Should I?

:p

joking, of course

Mr. Laz
01-24-2017, 09:42 PM
I said this in another thread and I'll say it here. KC should cut/trade Smithers, keep/start Foles and draft a QB in the first 3 rounds.
Foles has a clause in his contract that requires a 10 million roster bonus if he's on the roster next year. It was added because Foles wants to start next year. That means a new starting QB-level contract for Foles. Cutting Smith won't save us any money.

Just keep Smith and draft a QBoTF.

The real problem is that Reid has shown no real desire in developing a young QB so there is no reason for Dorsey to spend a high draft pick on one.

TimBone
01-24-2017, 10:00 PM
If Virus offs himself, I won't want to live anymore.

DaneMcCloud
01-24-2017, 10:15 PM
Foles has a clause in his contract that requires a 10 million roster bonus if he's on the roster next year. It was added because Foles wants to start next year. That means a new starting QB-level contract for Foles. Cutting Smith won't save us any money.

The real problem is that Reid has shown no real desire in developing a young QB so there is no reason for Dorsey to spend a high draft pick on one.

What?

There isn't a single starting QB in the NFL earning $10 million.

Good grief.

DaneMcCloud
01-24-2017, 10:18 PM
If Virus offs himself, I won't want to live anymore.

Just don't do it when planes are landing.

Peoples gotsta partay

Discuss Thrower
01-25-2017, 12:33 AM

Make enough of the Jonestown-flavored Kool-Aid for me too bruh

Nickhead
01-25-2017, 12:44 AM
Thanks, Claynus.

Do you what else?

if i had a gun pointed to my head, id choose him over you, so there is that

and by the way, i would rather robert griffin over galafanakis :D

ping2000
01-25-2017, 02:15 AM
I would trade for him as long as they throw in the "cheat codes" to go with him.

Nickhead
01-25-2017, 03:21 AM
I would trade for him as long as they throw in the "cheat codes" to go with him.

brady and bellichick soled their soul to the devil for everlasting fame. one day we will find video of them together banging funchess. :D

New World Order
01-25-2017, 05:42 AM

You are the voice of reason

Red Dawg
01-25-2017, 06:22 AM
Been saying the same for months.

notorious
01-25-2017, 08:06 AM
NE is going to pull off another one.

Trade a guy with minimal film, get picks and keep winning.

They make it look easy, but it takes EXTREME discipline to win the same way for nearly 2 decades.

TimBone
01-25-2017, 08:11 AM
NE is going to pull off another one.

Trade a guy with minimal film, get picks and keep winning.

They make it look easy, but it takes EXTREME discipline to win the same way for nearly 2 decades.
Discipline and a HOF QB.

Red Dawg
01-25-2017, 08:37 AM
They win so much for two reasons. Brady has always had a defense helping him. Brady is also very good. If Peyton Manning or Rodgers had teams with a good defense every year they would have the same success.

I heard a stat the other day. Three times in the playoffs a team has scored 37 points and lost. Two of those game the qb was Rodgers.

milkman
01-25-2017, 08:44 AM
You're the Brock Owswieiler of this forum

Don't be dick, Dane.
As bad as he is, Osweiller never did anything to deserve this level of insult.

If Carr was under center against the Broncos, Smith and the Chiefs would have finished second in the division, and Reggie McKensie will almost certainly improve that roster.

I don't see anyway that the Chiefs with the division with Smith if Carr is healthy moving forward.

milkman
01-25-2017, 08:48 AM
They win so much for two reasons. Brady has always had a defense helping him. Brady is also very good. If Peyton Manning or Rodgers had teams with a good defense every year they would have the same success.

I heard a stat the other day. Three times in the playoffs a team has scored 37 points and lost. Two of those game the qb was Rodgers.

Yep.
I have always thought that Manning was somewhat overrated, but if he had better defenses, and a better head coach (who I say once again, has no business in the HoF), he wins more titles.

And Ted Thompson has never put a SB roster around Rodgers.
They are relevant only because of Rodgers.

notorious
01-25-2017, 08:56 AM

And the other ........... sigh.

PAChiefsGuy
01-25-2017, 09:03 AM
Don't be dick, Dane.
As bad as he is, Osweiller never did anything to deserve this level of insult.

If Carr was under center against the Broncos, Smith and the Chiefs would have finished second in the division, and Reggie McKensie will almost certainly improve that roster.

I don't see anyway that the Chiefs with the division with Smith if Carr is healthy moving forward.

Our defense owns Carr and Alex Smith's record against the Raiders and Carr is pretty amazing. I'm not worried about the Raiders at all.

R8RFAN
01-25-2017, 09:04 AM
At the time Garoppolo was who I wanted the Raiders to pick

Red Dawg
01-25-2017, 09:12 AM
Yep.
I have always thought that Manning was somewhat overrated, but if he had better defenses, and a better head coach (who I say once again, has no business in the HoF), he wins more titles.

Out of boredom I looked up the stats. Brady has had only 2 years of the defense average given up was 21. All other years it was under 20.

DaneMcCloud
01-25-2017, 09:14 AM

While Ryan and Brady have certainly had great seasons, I don't know how the writers could vote for anyone other than Derek Carr.

As we saw after injury, the Raiders were back to being a 3-13/4-12 team without him while the Patriots were 3-1 without Brady.

Clear MVP, IMO.

ChiefsCountry
01-25-2017, 09:20 AM
Yep.

You know who I think would have been a good fit with Manning - Marty Schottenheimer. Those two could have been another Belichick/Brady combo.

milkman
01-25-2017, 09:21 AM
Our defense owns Carr and Alex Smith's record against the Raiders and Carr is pretty amazing. I'm not worried about the Raiders at all.

Whether we win twice against the Raiders is irrelevant if they win one more game over the course of the season.

milkman
01-25-2017, 09:22 AM
You know who I think would have been a good fit with Manning - Marty Schottenheimer. Those two could have been another Belichick/Brady combo.

As much as I have railed against both in the past, I actually said the same thing 2 or 3 years ago.

I guess 2 negatives do make a positive.

ct
01-25-2017, 09:23 AM
Pat Mahomes anyone?

Hammock Parties
01-25-2017, 09:26 AM

Oakland's entire offseason focus is going to be about beating the Chiefs.

Derek Carr has made noticeable strides every NFL season.

I'm not saying the Chiefs won't win the AFC West next year, but the Raiders and Carr will probably be a better team and player than they were a year ago, while KC will get the first-place schedule.

Red Dawg
01-25-2017, 09:26 AM
Pat Mahomes anyone?

He's not Smith so yes. If Smith comes back I have to question what the hell Dorsey and Andy are doing. There is no reason to give him another year after watching the film.

DaneMcCloud
01-25-2017, 10:37 AM
He's not Smith so yes. If Smith comes back I have to question what the hell Dorsey and Andy are doing. There is no reason to give him another year after watching the film.

Mahomes isn't anywhere near ready to start in the NFL, so if the Chiefs do choose him, you're looking, at the very least, of one more year of Smith.

Unless they do the smart thing, which would be to cut or trade him, elevate and extend Foles and prepare Mahomes for 2018.

I seriously doubt that happens.

milkman
01-25-2017, 11:03 AM
Mahomes isn't anywhere near ready to start in the NFL, so if the Chiefs do choose him, you're looking, at the very least, of one more year of Smith.

Unless they do the smart thing, which would be to cut or trade him, elevate and extend Foles and prepare Mahomes for 2018.

If the Chiefs draft Mahomes, I can live with another year with Smith.

I also am not one to rule out a trade for Garrapolo, but I wouldn't give up a 1st for him.

Danguardace
01-25-2017, 11:07 AM

I hear this all the time but really how do we know? Dak Prescott came out of a very typical modern College system and looked the part. With the Chiefs Weapons and sensible play calling I see no reason He or Watson or whoever couldn't do as well as Smith has.

I agree with you on the whole I would be all for a situation where Foles and a Rookie had to compete for the Job.

milkman
01-25-2017, 11:11 AM
I think we all have to accept the very real possibility that the Chiefs will not be ready to move on from Smith until the end of the next season.

Hammock Parties
01-25-2017, 11:21 AM
I think we all have to accept the very real possibility that the Chiefs will not be ready to move on from Smith until the end of the next season.

If they don't draft a QB and the Chiefs win at least 10 games he's getting an extension.

I can't wait!

DaneMcCloud
01-25-2017, 11:24 AM
I hear this all the time but really how do we know? Dak Prescott came out of a very typical modern College system and looked the part. With the Chiefs Weapons and sensible play calling I see no reason He or Watson or whoever couldn't do as well as Smith has.

I agree with you on the whole I would be all for a situation where Foles and a Rookie had to compete for the Job.

"We know" because his footwork is a mess, he hasn't played in a Pro Style offense and he didn't need to read defenses.

He's not Dak Prescott.

Discuss Thrower
I think we all have to accept the very real possibility that the Chiefs will not be ready to move on from Smith until the end of the season after next.

FYP.

Danguardace

Because of the uncertainty over the quality of this years draft class Chiefs are in a good position at 27 because nobody really is going to considered a reach at that point IF Dorsey/Reid has a Hard-on for one of the QBs. If they dont they will just take the best guy on their board and wait for next year.

Danguardace
01-25-2017, 11:26 AM
"We know" because his footwork is a mess, he hasn't played in a Pro Style offense and he didn't need to read defenses.

He's not Dak Prescott.

This was Dak's scout report

Accuracy on intermediate and deep throws dropped sharply. Pocket poise has been compromised. Hyper* aware of pressure around him and lacks awareness to slide and find temporary shelter to make throw. Concern over pressure too often trumps ability to get through progressions. Must speed up the pace of his reads. Footwork is a mess. Slight stride onto stiff upper leg with little weight shift. Restricted follow through and too often tries to muscle throws with upper body. Throws to target rather than leading or throwing them open on short/intermediate throws. Too respectful of underneath coverage and must be more willing to challenge the defense. Needs to improve anticipation.

Rest is here (http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/profiles/dak-prescott?id=2555260)

Like I said how do you really know until you get him in with your coaches and see how he reacts with live Bullets

RunKC
01-25-2017, 11:48 AM

He's not Dak Prescott.

Dak's footwork was a mess as well. I don't think that's a big red flag honestly.

DaneMcCloud
01-25-2017, 11:57 AM
Dak's footwork was a mess as well. I don't think that's a big red flag honestly.

I think it's a Red Flag but how much is uncertain.

But unlike Dak, who faced real defenses in the SEC, the Big 12 is awful defensively, which more of an issue, IMO, than the footwork.

But again, I think he'll get it all worked out but most likely not in Year One.

Danguardace
01-25-2017, 12:25 PM
I think it's a Red Flag but how much is uncertain.

But unlike Dak, who faced real defenses in the SEC, the Big 12 is awful defensively, which more of an issue, IMO, than the footwork.

But again, I think he'll get it all worked out but most likely not in Year One.

The problem with pointing out footwork issues is these offenses are 90% shotgun. So no wonder their footwork is not great.

The point about the Big 12 is a good one though.

el borracho
01-25-2017, 12:46 PM

I already accepted that the Chiefs will retain Smith for 2017. I think the best you can hope for at this point is that the Chiefs release Foles and draft a developmental QB somewhere in April. Assuming nothing magical develops, you then have to hope the Chiefs go all-in on a QB in 2018.

GloryDayz
01-25-2017, 03:05 PM

This^^^^

NJChiefsFan
01-25-2017, 04:59 PM

And even with dominating them twice it still took an injury to Carr for us to win the division.

While Ryan and Brady have certainly had great seasons, I don't know how the writers could vote for anyone other than Derek Carr.

As we saw after injury, the Raiders were back to being a 3-13/4-12 team without him while the Patriots were 3-1 without Brady.

Clear MVP, IMO.

Its true, but unless we plan on Carr being injured the Raiders with Carr are a very real threat.

Agreed, and I am fine with that if we are working on a future beyond him.

stevieray
01-25-2017, 05:01 PM

I, for one, have no doubt.

They draft a decent QB, I'll be on board.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-25-2017, 05:20 PM
If I knew for a stone-cold fact that KC was serious about grabbing Darnold in 2018, I could begrudgingly stomach another season or two of Smith.

I don't know; every time we start talking about drafting a QB on this board, we inevitably end up with some other franchise's bag of shit.

I hope Dorsey breaks this cycle.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-25-2017, 05:21 PM
Pat Mahomes anyone?

Sure. He or Trubiski would suit me just fine.

I, for one, have no doubt.

They draft a decent QB, I'll be on board.

You'll be "on board" whatever the hell they do, SR! :p

TigeRRUppeRRcut
01-25-2017, 06:26 PM

Ya think??

stevieray
01-25-2017, 06:33 PM
Sure. He or Trubiski would suit me just fine.

You'll be "on board" whatever the hell they do, SR! :p

...you'd be surprised how tempered my enthusiasm is after watching Smith watching Hill run open....then scramble from a pocket he could have thrown from.

I already told you his competitive spirit is gone.

notorious
01-25-2017, 06:35 PM
...you'd be surprised how tempered my enthusiasm is after watching Smith watching Hill run open....then scramble from a pocket he could have thrown from.

:(

Stevie, you were the last ray of hope.

stevieray
01-25-2017, 07:01 PM
:(

Stevie, you were the last ray of hope.

dude, it's just been one beat down after another.

"good enough to break your heart"

I know literally at least a hundred people that have tailgated HARD for years....only to be let down. As much as I hate to say it, that guy was right...the only myth @ Arrowhead is a Divisonal Championship.... let alone a Conference Championship....for over four decades.

The fans deserve better.

The QB problem at One Arrowhead Drive is now national news. I REALLY hope Clark pulls the trigger. He redeemed himself with the Dorsey hire. He has NOTHING to lose.

Not holding my breath.

Dave Lane
01-25-2017, 07:03 PM
I have a farm south of KC I'll throw in if we can toss out Alex.

Dave Lane
01-25-2017, 07:05 PM
When you lose Stevieray you have lost everything.

Hammock Parties
01-25-2017, 07:07 PM
The QB problem at One Arrowhead Drive is now national news. I REALLY hope Clark pulls the trigger. He redeemed himself with the Dorsey hire. He has NOTHING to lose.

Not holding my breath.

If we don't get a R1QB in the next two drafts I'll begin to believe there really IS a Blackledgian mandate passed down from the elder Hunt to avoid such a risk if at all possible.

That was a dark time for the franchise.

Dave Lane
01-25-2017, 07:08 PM
If I knew for a stone-cold fact that KC was serious about grabbing Darnold in 2018, I could begrudgingly stomach another season or two of Smith.

I don't know; every time we start talking about drafting a QB on this board, we inevitably end up with some other franchise's bag of shit.

I hope Dorsey breaks this cycle.

Next year will hear the same mantra we hear every year. This isn't a good draft class for QBs. Every fucking year.

Tombstone RJ
01-25-2017, 07:48 PM

So you can pay Foles $10m for one year? Do it! Then draft a QB. If Foles lights the world on fire, great, but if he sucks, you have a young gun waiting to start.

bricks
01-25-2017, 07:51 PM
One thing I've learned from watching the NFL during the past 15-20 years, is that, you NEVER deal with Bill Belicheck.

Belicheck grossly overinflates the value of his players. So he wants a 1st and 4th round pick for a guy who has played what? 2 games in the NFL? **** off with that noise Belicheck. That's too small of a sample size to determine his worth.

But whatever. Some stupid franchise with a similar mindset to Cowherd will give up a lot to get him. Hopefully not us. I hope the Chiefs learned from their lesson with Matt Casshole that you don't trade for players that are not proven and that have a small sample size of experience with respect to the QB position. If you look back at the trade today, Cassels worth isn't a 2nd rounder but more like a 7th.

I hope they don't make that same mistake again. If they do, shame on them honestly. Why trade a 2nd rounder for Cassel when they could've got a guy like that in the 7th round? Same thing with Jimmy Garoppolo. I'm sure there are plenty of hims in the 2nd, 3rd or 4th round of the draft.

I think Belicheck won the last trade with Casshole and god forbid I do not want him to win another trade with us. That would suck bro.

DaneMcCloud
01-25-2017, 07:53 PM

No, it does not.

Foles is on the books for $10.4 million in 2017. He receives a $100k workout bonus and a $250k roster bonus if he's on the 53 to start the season.

The Chiefs can hang onto Foles for $100k until Week 1.

SAUTO
01-25-2017, 08:01 PM
If they don't draft a QB and the Chiefs win at least 10 games he's getting an extension.

I can't wait!

Kill yourself. It's the only option

MahiMike
01-25-2017, 08:04 PM
One thing I've learned from watching the NFL during the past 15-20 years, is that, you NEVER deal with Bill Belicheck.

Belicheck grossly overinflates the value of his players. So he wants a 1st and 4th round pick for a guy who has played what? 2 games in the NFL? **** off with that noise Belicheck. That's too small of a sample size to determine his worth.

But whatever. Some stupid franchise with a similar mindset to Cowherd will give up a lot to get him. Hopefully not us. I hope the Chiefs learned from their lesson with Matt Casshole that you don't trade for players that are not proven and that have a small sample size of experience with respect to the QB position. If you look back at the trade today, Cassels worth isn't a 2nd rounder but more like a 7th.

I hope they don't make that same mistake again. If they do, shame on them honestly. Why trade a 2nd rounder for Cassel when they could've got a guy like that in the 7th round? Same thing with Jimmy Garoppolo. I'm sure there are plenty of hims in the 2nd, 3rd or 4th round of the draft.

I think Belicheck won the last trade with Casshole and god forbid I do not want him to win another trade with us. That would suck bro.

There is no such thing as overpaying for a player that starts for your team for 5+ years.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-25-2017, 08:06 PM
Look at this. LOOK AT IT.

This should shame every Tigger Cunnypunt and Sandy Cheeks from sea to shining sea:

dude, it's just been one beat down after another.

"good enough to break your heart"

I know literally at least a hundred people that have tailgated HARD for years....only to be let down. As much as I hate to say it, that guy was right...the only myth @ Arrowhead is a Divisonal Championship.... let alone a Conference Championship....for over four decades.

The fans deserve better.

Not holding my breath.

When a KC Superfan bails on your franchise's decisions, ways, and means, you have truly created a problem that must be addressed.

Alex Smith and a host of retread QB's are that problem.

Help us Obi Wan Dorsey, you're our only hope!

Stevie, welcome to the Alliance To Restore The Prospect! We're gonna' fly right in to that trench of FA shame and launch a first round draft proton right down it's miserable, 30+ year-old shaft, and blow that dreaded Retread Station of FAIL right to hell!

Next year will hear the same mantra we hear every year. This isn't a good draft class for QBs. Every fucking year.

I don't give two goddamned shits what every Lil' Chiefy, lineman-lovin' fucktard on the web says about next year's draft class; we're talking about a group of idiots so stupid and hopped-up on Bud Light, that they can't even identify the one constant that has kept the Chiefs from winning anything of significance since the 1960's!
Fuck those clowns AND their oversized, red and gold clown shoes.
We're going to put our trust in John Dorsey, a man who has single-handidly brought respect and talent back to the General Manager position, to do what every failure before him was too weak and cowardly to do; pull that trigger.
Big Dorse' gonna' put his big balls on the table, and make every Tigger Unclesucker swallow the Load of Success!

Rausch
01-26-2017, 09:25 AM

Ditto.

Even if we had a ton of cash to spend on a FA where would we need it?

We could use help on the O line and perhaps another CB but that's about it. We have good enough players to win.

Just like Brady takes castoffs and makes them pro bowlers our QB takes pro bowlers and makes them look like schlubs...

King_Chief_Fan
01-26-2017, 09:46 AM
if i had a gun pointed to my head, id choose him over you, so there is that

and by the way, i would rather robert griffin over galafanakis :D
you are either out of your mind or trying to be funny

Pasta Little Brioni
01-28-2017, 01:45 AM
What the fuck does Bradys Revenge Tour even mean??? Dude got caught blatantly cheating and barely got a slap on the wrist.

Rasputin
01-28-2017, 06:42 AM

God fucking damn along with Tom Brady getting suspended and taking away draft picks the NFL should have cock blocked BB from being able to trade with any other teams as long as he is Head Coach in the NFL.

GloryDayz
01-28-2017, 07:57 AM
God fucking damn along with Tom Brady getting suspended and taking away draft picks the NFL should have cock blocked BB from being able to trade with any other teams as long as he is Head Coach in the NFL.
I don't know, perhaps the league is showing some respect for the team that can have all that thrown on them and still win. But let's be real, they have Tom Brady, they play in a division that allows them to store a bit of energy, and they have a coach the player both respect and fear. So 8 guaranteed less-difficult games (stored energy) , a near automatic trip to the playoffs, arguably the best qb ever, the smartest coach ever, a team that's willing to play in the gray area of the rules, willing to break them at times, and players willing to sacrifice life and limb so keep getting a paycheck and a realistic chance at a ring. That's hard to beat....

Oh, and the cherry on top, an owner that demands perfection and publicly backs his team when he feels they were fucked.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk (so spelling be damned!!!)

Dave Lane
01-28-2017, 11:51 AM
There is no such thing as overpaying for a player that starts for your team for 5+ years.

WTF?!?!?

Rasputin
01-28-2017, 12:10 PM
I don't know, perhaps the league is showing some respect for the team that can have all that thrown on them and still win. But let's be real, they have Tom Brady, they play in a division that allows them to store a bit of energy, and they have a coach the player both respect and fear. So 8 guaranteed less-difficult games (stored energy) , a near automatic trip to the playoffs, arguably the best qb ever, the smartest coach ever, a team that's willing to play in the gray area of the rules, willing to break them at times, and players willing to sacrifice life and limb so keep getting a paycheck and a realistic chance at a ring. That's hard to beat....

Oh, and the cherry on top, an owner that demands perfection and publicly backs his team when he feels they were fucked.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk (so spelling be damned!!!)

You know what makes BB stand above all other coaches? He gets something out of all his players and gets them prepared to play in any situation. Rookies play. He develops players and he holds them to higher standards on the field. Some coaches say they would play a rookie but when the game is on the line during the season they play a vet but BB plays to prepare for the playoffs incase his starter is down then he has a backup ready to step up and take his place prepared so that his weakest players are still an asset to the team.

I think that says something, giving guys opportunity is what BB does best.

They didn't falter whenever Tom Brady went down and had Matt Cassel play so hard that if he made a mistake he was afraid to go to the sidelines and get the wrath of BIll. Matt Cassel scrambled for first downs there but played chicken shit in Kansas City. WHy? Coaching.

BB gets the best out of his players and they are rewarded with Super Bowels. Yes I am jealous of their teams success. Who isn't

Cheating aside BB gets his players mentally ready to play.

Tombstone RJ
01-28-2017, 01:58 PM
BB is as a very ordinary, to subpar, HC before Brady.

GloryDayz
01-28-2017, 04:59 PM
BB is as a very ordinary, to subpar, HC before Brady.

I don't think anybody's saying he's Jesus Christ, but A) he got Brady, B) he won when Brady was out, and C) his players bleed for him.

He finds those players who everybody else has given up on, seems to have imparted on them that this is their last chance, he reminds them that his system leads to SBs, and then lets them know they're on a short leash. And you can see it in their faces when they play. But yeah, Brady has made his life, his system, and people buying into his system a lot simpler.

Too bad we have an owner who seems dead set against drafting a QB, and setting himself up to have an early pick when a crop of opportunities are coming out of college. And I say it's on the Hunts because the same mindset has existed through all of our GMs.

But hey, it's tough to win in the NFL!