PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Pioli's impact on the Falcons.

Direckshun
01-24-2017, 09:30 AM
Do we have any Falcons fans here, or folks who have followed that franchise closely?

The Falcons, almost immediately after Pioli's arrival, took two huge steps forward and went to the Super Bowl.

How much of that was Dmitroff, in your opinion? How much power does Pioli have over there?

Bowser
01-24-2017, 09:32 AM
Fuck Pioli. Forever.

B_Ambuehl
01-24-2017, 09:33 AM
Pioli didn't do anything. The team is still a finesse team they just got a little better on the Oline and a little better in their defensive front 7, due mainly to Dan Quinn and Kyle Shanahan.

Fish
01-24-2017, 09:34 AM
That guys is a douche. Fuck him.

Bowser
01-24-2017, 09:34 AM
When Pioli arrived, that core was basically set. That team is Dimitroff's, plain and simple.

Dunerdr
01-24-2017, 09:37 AM
Yeah, milling over the rosters it looks like they just rotated some reciever, gave Matty ice more time and got a lot more aggressive on d. It's not like it was a massive drafting/ free agent turnover ala kc. As much coaching and philosophy as anything. Also where did Roddy white go to die?

stevieray
01-24-2017, 09:41 AM
Tyson Jackson might get a SB ring?

lmao

RealSNR
01-24-2017, 09:44 AM
The only thing Pioli did was add shitty Chiefs leftovers like Jon Asamoah and Tyson Jackson. He didn't draft Ryan, Julio, Freeman, or Beasley. Like his Chiefs drafts, they've been okay, with a few extra smelly stench putrid whiffs mixed in.

KChiefs1

lmao

Words I never thought I'd hear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RunKC
Dan Quinn has done a fantastic job with that defense. The coaching has been superb there seeing the turnaround from even last year.

Matt Ryan and Julio Jones lead that team tho. Pioli didn't have to do much work at all, just like Haley. Both landed on teams with an elite QB and elite WR

chiefzilla1501
01-24-2017, 09:49 AM
I'm so pissed that egotistical jackoff will get credit for this.

The base of the team was dimitroffs. The only reason Dan quinn was hired was because Arthur blank knew Pioli would recommend ferentz or McDaniels, so blank stripped Pioli of any say in that.

Pioli did a good job of building personnel on top of that. But the main reason they're winning is coaching and qb, and we all know he would have bombed that if allowed to make his own call on that.

chiefzilla1501
01-24-2017, 09:52 AM
Dan Quinn has done a fantastic job with that defense. The coaching has been superb there seeing the turnaround from even last year.

Matt Ryan and Julio Jones lead that team tho. Pioli didn't have to do much work at all, just like Haley. Both landed on teams with an elite QB and elite WR

I disagree haley hasn't done any work at all. I don't think he's a good playcaller, but man can he coach up players. He unthinkably turned Ben into a pocket, quick decision qb and it saved Ben's career. And the ol went from one of the leagues worst to the leagues best.

DaWolf
01-24-2017, 09:54 AM
Sounds like he got some good complimentary players, but this is mainly because of Shanarat and Matt Ryan clicking this year. These guys wouldn't even have a winning season with Matt Cassel. Props to Dimitrioff for drafting Ryan and Jones, and then moving on from Mike Smith and bringing in a good coaching staff to get them to the next level.

I still expect the Pats to beat them...

Iconic
01-24-2017, 10:02 AM
Also where did Roddy white go to die?

I feel bad for White. Gave his best years to ATL and right before they put everything together they boot the guy.

He's old and slow and his cap hit is high but I doubt he'd have said no to a renegotiation. They kind of just fucked him and kicked him out the door. Not even a kiss goodbye or anything.

bevischief
01-24-2017, 10:05 AM
Even a crack whore gets lucky sometimes.

NJChiefsFan
01-24-2017, 10:05 AM
I'm so pissed that egotistical jackoff will get credit for this.

The base of the team was dimitroffs. The only reason Dan quinn was hired was because Arthur blank knew Pioli would recommend ferentz or McDaniels, so blank stripped Pioli of any say in that.

Pioli did a good job of building personnel on top of that. But the main reason they're winning is coaching and qb, and we all know he would have bombed that if allowed to make his own call on that.

Where is he getting credit? The broadcasts have been fawning over Quinn and Dimitroff and haven't said one word about Pioli. When they show a shot of a Dimitroff, Pioli is nowhere to be found.

Buehler445
01-24-2017, 10:21 AM
He's a motherfucking pile of fucking shit.

He's just as responsible for the Falcons success as he was the Cheatriot success. Riding the coattails of a good coach and a good QB.

Fuck this fucking pile of fucking bull fucking a horse shit. Scott Franchise Killer Pioli can get fucking fucked.

The Franchise
01-24-2017, 10:22 AM
That team will win a SB because of Kyle Shanahan.

Rooster
01-24-2017, 10:25 AM
Where is he getting credit? The broadcasts have been fawning over Quinn and Dimitroff and haven't said one word about Pioli. When they show a shot of a Dimitroff, Pioli is nowhere to be found.

This all day long. I have heard zero praise to Pioli for what is going on in ATL. I bet most NFL fans don't even know he works there.

DaneMcCloud
01-24-2017, 10:30 AM
Great thread, Voyager

Al Bundy
01-24-2017, 10:34 AM
Scott Pioli barely registers with Falcons fans. I know A LOT of them.

carcosa
01-24-2017, 10:50 AM
The Georgia Dome is now totally clean and free of gum wrappers.

Hoover
01-24-2017, 10:52 AM
Pioli has run their last two drafts. His fat ass can't run an organization, but the dude can draft.

Rooster
01-24-2017, 10:53 AM
The Georgia Dome is now totally clean and free of gum wrappers.

:)

I know I'm getting older because it seems like they just built the Georgia Dome.

Hoover
01-24-2017, 10:59 AM
Pioli nailed both of these drafts. Killer.

2016 Draft

Round 1, pick 17: Keanu Neal, S, Florida (Starter)
Round 2, pick 52: Deion Jones, LB, LSU (Starter)
Round 3, pick 81: Austin Hooper, TE, Stanford (Starter)
Round 4, pick 115: De'Vandre Campbell, OLB, Minnesota (Starter)
Round 6, pick 195*: Wes Schweitzer, G, San Jose State
Round 7, pick 238: Devin Fuller, WR, UCLA

2015 Draft

Round 1, pick 8: Vic Beasley, DE, Clemson (Starter)
Round 2, pick 42: Jalen Collins, CB, LSU (Starter)
Round 3, pick 73: Tevin Coleman, RB, Indiana (Really Involved)
Round 4, pick 107: Justin Hardy, WR, ECU
Round 5, pick 137: Grady Jarrett, DT, Clemson (Starter)
Round 7, pick 225: Jake Rodgers, OL, Eastern Washington
Round 7, pick 249: Akeem King, S, San Jose State

Rasputin
01-24-2017, 11:07 AM
Patriots v Falcons is a Don King / Scott Pioli promotion

<iframe width="818" height="460" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/br_FQP2v61A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

loochy
01-24-2017, 11:24 AM

2016 Draft

2015 Draft

Nailed it!

Round 1, pick 3: Tyson Jackson, DE, Louisiana State
Round 3, pick 67: Alex Magee, DT, Purdue
Round 4, pick 102: Donald Washington, DB, Ohio State
Round 5, pick 139: Colin Brown, T, Missouri
Round 6, pick 175: Quinten Lawrence, WR, McNeese State
Round 7, pick 212: Javarris Williams, RB, Tennessee State
Round 7, pick 237: Jake O'Connell, TE, Miami (Ohio)
Round 7, pick 256: Ryan Succop, K, South Carolina

Hoover
01-24-2017, 11:27 AM
Nailed it!

Round 1, pick 3: Tyson Jackson, DE, Louisiana State
Round 3, pick 67: Alex Magee, DT, Purdue
Round 4, pick 102: Donald Washington, DB, Ohio State
Round 5, pick 139: Colin Brown, T, Missouri
Round 6, pick 175: Quinten Lawrence, WR, McNeese State
Round 7, pick 212: Javarris Williams, RB, Tennessee State
Round 7, pick 237: Jake O'Connell, TE, Miami (Ohio)
Round 7, pick 256: Ryan Succop, K, South Carolina
So what, no comment on his last two drafts in ATL. I agree that his 2009 draft was a complete abortion.

loochy
01-24-2017, 11:29 AM
So what, no comment on his last two drafts in ATL. I agree that his 2009 draft was a complete abortion.

Yeah, but I can't stand Pioli

Let me hate on him please.

The Franchise
01-24-2017, 11:32 AM
Are we sure that Pioli is running the drafts for Atlanta?

Rooster
01-24-2017, 11:41 AM

Not really.

Rasputin
01-24-2017, 11:42 AM

Not at all I'm not convinced I think he is there as a consultant but they have scouts like every team but I don't think he is the one pulling the trigger well not literally pulling the trigger he has his people do that for him.

He is there for mafia business

Patriots will win Falcons will take a fall.

Hydrae
01-24-2017, 11:46 AM
He's a mother****ing pile of ****ing shit.

He's just as responsible for the Falcons success as he was the Cheatriot success. Riding the coattails of a good coach and a good QB.

**** this ****ing pile of ****ing bull ****ing a horse shit. Scott Franchise Killer Pioli can get ****ing ****ed.

Please, tell us how you really feel.

:)

Bewbies
01-24-2017, 12:06 PM

Based on Atlanta not being 2-14 I'd say no.

Beef Supreme
01-24-2017, 12:23 PM
The stairwells are spotless now.

raybec 4
01-24-2017, 12:26 PM
Tyson fucking Jackson is going to play in a goddamned super bowl. Let that sink in, Tyson fucking Jackson! There is no justice

Reerun_KC
01-24-2017, 12:35 PM
Tyson ****ing Jackson is going to play in a goddamned super bowl. Let that sink in, Tyson ****ing Jackson! There is no justice

Because chiefs. Let that sink in for a moment. 3 playoff wins in Arrowhead since 1970. We deserve the shit we get for because chiefs.

oldman
01-24-2017, 12:48 PM
I don't think Pioli is much more than his title. He's an assistant. Assistants bring coffee, pick up dry cleaning, and generally get in the way of the real talent.

Pasta Little Brioni
01-24-2017, 01:35 PM
You are one messed up dude, Voyager

Buehler445
01-24-2017, 01:40 PM

2016 Draft

2015 Draft

He was pure unadulterated fucking garbage while drafting here. He showed no capacity to adapt or change while he was here. This leads me to believe that it isn't his drafting prowess that nets good players. He is merely "there".

Coattails.

Again.

Lex Luthor
01-24-2017, 01:41 PM
Because chiefs. Let that sink in for a moment. 3 playoff wins in Arrowhead since 1970. We deserve the shit we get for because chiefs.
https://cdn.meme.am/cache/instances/folder213/60254213.jpg

I think you're getting a little carried away here.

We don't deserve the shit any more than the New England fans deserve the success of the Patriots. What did the New England fans do to earn it? Some fan bases are just fortunate.

Hog's Gone Fishin
01-24-2017, 01:51 PM

lmao

LOL, that's what I was going to point out . They were shit until Tyson Jackson landed there !

Hog's Gone Fishin
01-24-2017, 01:53 PM
Maybe Pioli is pretty good.

Maybe Herm Edwards,Todd Haley and Romeo crennel just suck as head coaches.

saphojunkie
01-24-2017, 02:03 PM
Maybe Pioli is pretty good.

Maybe Herm Edwards,Todd Haley and Romeo crennel just suck as head coaches.

Todd Haley hated Matt Cassel.

Pioli signed him for $60+ million.

Fuck you and fuck Pioli.

kccrow
01-24-2017, 02:57 PM
Dimitroff still pulls the trigger and they made an outstanding hire in Dan Quinn.

chiefzilla1501
01-24-2017, 03:35 PM
Scott Pioli barely registers with Falcons fans. I know A LOT of them.

Granted, most Falcons fans just realized last week that they have a team

Hammock Parties
01-24-2017, 03:39 PM
He's great at getting donuts and coffee for Dimitroff I'm sure.

ChiefAshhole1056
01-24-2017, 06:29 PM
Not sure how involved he really is with the scouting department and decision making, but he's been there since 2014 and the Falcons probably have one of the better haul of talent since that year. Jake Matthews, Ra'Shede Hageman, Devonta Freeman, Vic Beasley, Jalen Collins, Tevin Coleman, Keanu Neal, and Deion Jones have all been key contributers to the run they've made this year and they all have come from the past three draft classes.

Now like I said, not sure how involved with the processes he really is, but if Chris Ballard gets sucked off by CP with no real confidence in how involved he is, Pioli probably deserves around the same amount of kudos.

Fuck Scott Pioli though.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-24-2017, 09:40 PM
Pioli is a talentless fucking clown that owes his career to Tom Brady and Parcells' daughter. He's a hanger-on. When they brought in Jackson and Asamoah, it told you everything.

Hoover
01-24-2017, 09:59 PM
Not sure how involved he really is with the scouting department and decision making, but he's been there since 2014 and the Falcons probably have one of the better haul of talent since that year. Jake Matthews, Ra'Shede Hageman, Devonta Freeman, Vic Beasley, Jalen Collins, Tevin Coleman, Keanu Neal, and Deion Jones have all been key contributers to the run they've made this year and they all have come from the past three draft classes.

Now like I said, not sure how involved with the processes he really is, but if Chris Ballard gets sucked off by CP with no real confidence in how involved he is, Pioli probably deserves around the same amount of kudos.

Fuck Scott Pioli though.
This.

And he still can't hold Dorsey's jock.

Rasputin
01-24-2017, 10:08 PM
He had nothing to do with drafting Matt Ryan so I'd like Matt Ryan to beat Tommy boy and Craft narcissist franchise.

Also fuck Pissoli

milkman
01-25-2017, 08:08 AM
Scott Pioli didn't put together great drafts in KC, but he did bring in some talent that is part of the core group now, like Berry, Poe, Houston, and Bailey.

The primary reason he destroyed this franchise was his micro management, arrogance, and refusal to admit mistakes and move on, most notably Matt Cassel.

He's an underling.
Give him control, he's a failure.

Deberg_1990
01-25-2017, 08:32 AM
Scott Pioli didn't put together great drafts in KC, but he did bring in some talent that is part of the core group now, like Berry, Poe, Houston, and Bailey.

The primary reason he destroyed this franchise was his micro management, arrogance, and refusal to admit mistakes and move on, most notably Matt Cassel.

He's an underling.

This.....

and hes horrible at picking head coaches.

Black Bob
01-25-2017, 08:52 AM
The only thing Pioli did was add shitty Chiefs leftovers like Jon Asamoah and Tyson Jackson. He didn't draft Ryan, Julio, Freeman, or Beasley. Like his Chiefs drafts, they've been okay, with a few extra smelly stench putrid whiffs mixed in.

I live here in ATL and this is pretty much right. The only former Chief that has been decent is Dimarco. All the guys he mentioned and others like Arenas failed in ATL.

The fact is the Falcons are there because of Matt Ryan. What is crazy is that all the newspapers, radio shows, and message boards looked just like ours a year ago. The entire city was done with Matt Ryan.

Not saying Alex has the ability of Ryan or anything stupid like that. I'm just saying they blamed him for everything and are in the Super Bowl one year later.

Bufkin
01-25-2017, 08:55 AM
I follow the team religiously 12 months out of the year, and am a moderator on the team's official board so I'm constantly reading reports from both within the team and outside Flowery Branch. Pioli has done a tremendous job with complimenting Dimitroff in both the draft and in free agency. Anybody here discounting what he has done is either bitter over his stay in Kansas City, wholly ignorant of the Falcons FO, or (most likely) a mixture of both.

A lot of people clamored that Keanu Neal was a Dan Quinn pick due to his similarity to Kam Chancellor, but what many people probably don't know is that according to multiple reports leading up to the draft, Dimitroff was leaning towards taking linebacker Darron Lee with the 17th pick, and it was Pioli who was really high on Neal. Similarly, D-Orlando Ledbetter reported that Dimitroff really wanted to trade up in 2013 to take Jadaveon Clowney, but Pioli insisted that we stay put and take either Khalil Mack or Jake Matthews. It was also Pioli who most likely pulled the trigger on trading for an offensive guard last offseason, which turned out to be brilliant (Andy Levitre has been phenomenal for us).

Then there's other incidental factors that you would have to at least indirectly attribute to Pioli. Why did our drafts on the 2nd and 3rd days becoming automatically better? Prior to him showing up, Dimitroff had literally never taken a player with the 3rd or 4th round pick that turned out to be decent. Last draft, our 5th round pick (Devondre Campbell) is our current starting outside linebacker and has been solid. Our 3rd round pick, Austin Hooper, is currently our starting TE and a favorite target of Matt Ryan. Not to mention league minimum signings such as Taylor Gabriel, Aldrick Robinson, and Phillip Wheeler which have come back to beautiful results.

Finally, you have the not-so-sexy signings such as Tyson Jackson (just finished his 3rd year as a starter and a QB sack in the championship game) and Jon Asamoah (who for the first 2 years in his inexpensive deal was our best overall offensive lineman) that clearly have Pioli's fingerprints all over them. Patrick Dimarco was another Chiefs castoff pickup that turned out to be an all-pro fullback. Arguably the best in football. And to think he was a training camp body before Pioli showed up.

TL;DR, - Pioli has been brilliant for us, and has really helped us build a Super Bowl team.

Chiefspants
01-25-2017, 09:05 AM
I follow the team religiously 12 months out of the year, and am a moderator on the team's official board so I'm constantly reading reports from both within the team and outside Flowery Branch. Pioli has done a tremendous job with complimenting Dimitroff in both the draft and in free agency. Anybody here discounting what he has done is either bitter over his stay in Kansas City, wholly ignorant of the Falcons FO, or (most likely) a mixture of both.

A lot of people clamored that Keanu Neal was a Dan Quinn pick due to his similarity to Kam Chancellor, but what many people probably don't know is that according to multiple reports leading up to the draft, Dimitroff was leaning towards taking linebacker Darron Lee with the 17th pick, and it was Pioli who was really high on Neal. Similarly, D-Orlando Ledbetter reported that Dimitroff really wanted to trade up in 2013 to take Jadaveon Clowney, but Pioli insisted that we stay put and take either Khalil Mack or Jake Matthews. It was also Pioli who most likely pulled the trigger on trading for an offensive guard last offseason, which turned out to be brilliant (Andy Levitre has been phenomenal for us).

Then there's other incidental factors that you would have to at least indirectly attribute to Pioli. Why did our drafts on the 2nd and 3rd days becoming automatically better? Prior to him showing up, Dimitroff had literally never taken a player with the 3rd or 4th round pick that turned out to be decent. Last draft, our 5th round pick (Devondre Campbell) is our current starting outside linebacker and has been solid. Our 3rd round pick, Austin Hooper, is currently our starting TE and a favorite target of Matt Ryan. Not to mention league minimum signings such as Taylor Gabriel, Aldrick Robinson, and Phillip Wheeler which have come back to beautiful results.

Finally, you have the not-so-sexy signings such as Tyson Jackson (just finished his 3rd year as a starter and a QB sack in the championship game) and Jon Asamoah (who for the first 2 years in his inexpensive deal was our best overall offensive lineman) that clearly have Pioli's fingerprints all over them.

TL;DR, - Pioli has been brilliant for us, and has really helped us build a Super Bowl team.

As much as I loathed Pioli's time with KC and as awful as he was as a GM, I think it's evident that Pioli can be a fantastic complementary piece to an organization.

However, give him too much power, and micro-managerial issues like candy wrappers in stairwells start becoming the priority. I believe it's now evident that he's at his best with a team of people on draft day. The man had decent drafts with KC, but locked away in his own echo chamber, he had bad misses when no one was in a position to tell him no.

I'm guessing this success with the Falcons will inspire another team to try him out as a GM. I wish them luck, as this sport has proven, as intelligent as people in this field are, some just aren't suited for the top, a fact that applies to both head coaches and GMs.

Chief Faithful
01-25-2017, 09:08 AM

Finally, you have the not-so-sexy signings such as Tyson Jackson (just finished his 3rd year as a starter and a QB sack in the championship game) and Jon Asamoah (who for the first 2 years in his inexpensive deal was our best overall offensive lineman) that clearly have Pioli's fingerprints all over them. Patrick Dimarco was another Chiefs castoff pickup that turned out to be an all-pro fullback. Arguably the best in football. And to think he was a training camp body before Pioli showed up.

I live in Atlanta and follow the team. I grew up in KC so I also follow the Chiefs so I have seen Pioli's work in both places and read the book that talked about Pioli in NE.

Pioli has performed much better in Atlanta then KC. I'm under the impression Dimitroff and Pioli are better together then apart. They both started their career working for Bilechick and only succeed together.

FYI - Tyson is still a big turd.

Personally, I believe Dan Quinn is the real deal and the main reason the team is playing so well. More so than Pioli or Dimitroff.

Hammock Parties
01-25-2017, 09:23 AM
What is crazy is that all the newspapers, radio shows, and message boards looked just like ours a year ago. The entire city was done with Matt Ryan.

Matt Ryan has a "bad" year and throws for 4600 yards and 21 TD.

Buehler445
01-25-2017, 09:34 AM

He's an underling.

He's still a shit personnel guy. The depth on the team was abysmal. A no brainer, a workout warrior at a high value position, a low round gamble on a first round talent, and a good pick don't change that.

He's shit. Unless he's changed his stripes, and that typically doesn't happen in football, particularly at his age, there is something else going on that is leading to success IMO.

Pioli was FUCKING HORRIBAD on the second and third day for every pick not named Justin Houston. Fucking abysmal. A joke.

If you think we are deluded for hating on the motherfucker, but you think this goddamned worthless sister fucker is making your day 2 and 3 picks better? One of us is operating on a basis of fact. The other is not.

Bufkin
01-25-2017, 09:42 AM
He's still a shit personnel guy. The depth on the team was abysmal. A no brainer, a workout warrior at a high value position, a low round gamble on a first round talent, and a good pick don't change that.

He's shit. Unless he's changed his stripes, and that typically doesn't happen in football, particularly at his age, there is something else going on that is leading to success IMO.

Pioli was ****ING HORRIBAD on the second and third day for every pick not named Justin Houston. ****ing abysmal. A joke.

If you think we are deluded for hating on the mother****er, but you think this goddamned worthless sister ****er is making your day 2 and 3 picks better? One of us is operating on a basis of fact. The other is not.
And Brett Favre was FUCKING HORRIBAD when he played for the Falcons. He was then picked up by Green Bay and became one of the greatest of all time. Do you think Packer fans preface his greatness with "but he was a worthless drunk with Atlanta!" As a Falcon fan, I don't give a frog's fat ass what Pioli did prior to coming here. The fact is, he has been significant in our front office over the past 3 years, and we're now playing in the Super Bowl because of it.

His partying gift to the Chiefs prior to leaving? How about Eric Berry, Dontari Poe, Rodney Hudson, Jeff Allen, and Justin freakin Houston.

milkman
01-25-2017, 09:44 AM

Pioli was ****ING HORRIBAD on the second and third day for every pick not named Justin Houston. ****ing abysmal. A joke.

If you think we are deluded for hating on the mother****er, but you think this goddamned worthless sister ****er is making your day 2 and 3 picks better? One of us is operating on a basis of fact. The other is not.

Pioli brought in the scouts and the people in the personnel department in KC.

Dimitroff is the man responsible for the people in those roles in Atlanta.

If I had to guess, I would guess that the Falcons have a much better crew than Pioli put together.

PAChiefsGuy
01-25-2017, 09:47 AM
And Brett Favre was ****ING HORRIBAD when he played for the Falcons. He was then picked up by Green Bay and became one of the greatest of all time. Do you think Packer fans preface his greatness with "but he was a worthless drunk with Atlanta!" As a Falcon fan, I don't give a frog's fat ass what Pioli did prior to coming here. The fact is, he has been significant in our front office over the past 3 years, and we're now playing in the Super Bowl because of it.

His partying gift to the Chiefs prior to leaving? How about Eric Berry, Dontari Poe, Rodney Hudson, Jeff Allen, and Justin freakin Houston.

I have to agree with this guy. Pioli did some good things here. He wasn't that bad...

Fans get too emotional with their hate sometimes, myself included. Looking at things objectively obviously Pioli has done some good things in NE, KC and ATL.

Hoover
01-25-2017, 09:49 AM
Yeah, he didn't draft Houston, Bailey, Berry, Hudson...

Hoover
01-25-2017, 09:50 AM

If I had to guess, I would guess that the Falcons have a much better crew than Pioli put together.

Agree with that. I've always thought Dimitroff was a better overall GM that Pioli, yet its clear that they have drafted better with Fat Scott.

Bufkin
01-25-2017, 09:54 AM
Yes he did.

RealSNR
01-25-2017, 09:55 AM
I have to agree with this guy. Pioli did some good things here. He wasn't that bad...

Fans get too emotional with their hate sometimes, myself included. Looking at thing objectively obviously Pioli has done some good things in NE, KC and ATL.

Herm did some good things when he was here.

Gunther did some good things when he was here.

****ing Vince mother****ing rat**** Agnew made some good plays when he was here.

I don't know a single person in the NFL or otherwise who was such a massive ****up at their job that they did precisely ZERO good things in the time they were there. That means no small victories, no meeting the "acceptable" benchmark, no nothing.

That says exactly nothing that you give Pioli credit for some of the good things he did when so many of those good things were no-brainers.

When put in charge, the guy proved to be an epic dumbass. The next franchise that hires him will find this out the hard way when the guy is unable to hire a head coach to save his ****ing life, micromanages every aspect of life around the team, and relies on his cronies and ex-players to fill out his roster and positions under him.

When he WASN'T given a no-brainer situation (like finding a QB or HC given the options he had) the guy couldn't accomplish jack fuckshit.

chiefzilla1501
01-25-2017, 09:56 AM

Fans get too emotional with their hate sometimes, myself included. Looking at thing objectively obviously Pioli has done some good things in NE, KC and ATL.

Pioli was given a dream situation in Kansas City. He adopted an extremely young team with some young centerpieces, picking #3 in every round, and over $50M in available cap space with virtually no ties to bad contracts. And an owner who expressed he'd be patient through the growing pains. He didn't hand off a disastrous team. But given what he was gifted, it was a dud.

But ultimately... I don't think he was terrible at personnel in KC but he clearly wasn't good. Where he killed himself was his stubbornness to the system, the quarterback, and coaches/players from the tree.

Chiefspants
01-25-2017, 09:57 AM

He had some great picks in the first three rounds, but that should be the expectation for every GM. He shouldn't be rewarded because he wasn't as incompetent as King Carl.

He still had some bad whiffs in his drafts. In hindsight I'd probably give him between a C and a B- on his drafting, but Dorsey has put his Chiefs drafts to shame from the moment he stepped into the building.

RunKC
01-25-2017, 10:00 AM
I think Romeo played a big part in drafting guys like Houston, Bailey and Poe. He was friends with the DC at Georgia when Houston was there.

Berry was just an easy, obvious pick.

mcaj22
01-25-2017, 10:11 AM
Jon Baldwin over all those other good players

trading up for Tony Moeaki with Jimmy Graham on the board

Those two gadget midgets with BOTH second round picks

Jeff Allen and Donald Stephenson over Russel Wilson and anyone else

enough said

nicksdad
01-25-2017, 10:25 AM
and his last three drafts in New england were horrifically bad. mayo, gostkowski and EVERYONE ELSE GONE within two years. if you bought a draft mag and used their picks you would have done way better, he sucks, period.

Hammock Parties
01-25-2017, 10:51 AM
Good players picked by Pioli:

Dontari Poe
Rodney Hudson
Justin Houston
Allen Bailey
Eric Berry
Ryan Succop

Six hits. Out of 32 draft picks. 33 if you count Cassel.

Horrendous.

crayzkirk
01-25-2017, 11:02 AM
Maybe Pioli was a New England plant whose purpose was to ensure the Chiefs were set back a decade.

It makes as much sense as saying the NFL is fixed like the WWE.

Which of course, it is...

Buehler445
01-25-2017, 11:43 AM
And Brett Favre was FUCKING HORRIBAD when he played for the Falcons. He was then picked up by Green Bay and became one of the greatest of all time. Do you think Packer fans preface his greatness with "but he was a worthless drunk with Atlanta!" As a Falcon fan, I don't give a frog's fat ass what Pioli did prior to coming here. The fact is, he has been significant in our front office over the past 3 years, and we're now playing in the Super Bowl because of it.

Comparing a young drunk backup with a guy given absolute power who failed as bad as you can fail is ridiculous. If the environment in KC is what kept him from succeeding it is because he fucking made it. He fired all of King Carl's guys. He brought in all Cheatriot scum that HE picked. Relied on those douche sticks (reminder: He picked them) and made stupid ass dumb fucking moronic decisions like picking "team captains" for every fucking pick in the draft. Then that worthless ass cum bubble told us to "Trust the fucking system" HIS FUCKING SYSTEM. He failed miserably because he is a shit personnel man. His picks are fucking horribad.

For fucks fucking sake man, as many high picks as we had, he damn well better have got some good players. But naturally, morons point to a few no-brainer picks and completely disregard the fucking joke ass picks like Colin fucking Brown - who didn't even have a draft profile in the 5th round when we needed about 6 fucking lineman. Oh yeah, and they cut him before camp.

By your stupid ass logic Matt Millen is a great GM because he picked Calvin Johnson.

Besides that, your point was he improved the bottom part of the draft - of which he was fucking criminally bad in KC.

You're reaching calling us butthurt. Like I said, one of us operating from a basis in fact.

So then his influence is minimal. I can buy that.

Bewbies
01-25-2017, 11:49 AM
Pioli took a 2-14 team and after 4 years turned them into a 2-14 team. He's a terrible GM.

Clearly he's not the guy in charge in Atlanta. But I could see how he'd be decent help when he doesn't have final say in shit.

RealSNR
01-25-2017, 12:13 PM
Aren't Falcons fans the ones who said, "Hey Pioli is a great hire for us! After all, the guy who drafted Jamaal Charles and Derrick Johnson can't be all bad!"

Bufkin
01-25-2017, 01:38 PM
Aren't Falcons fans the ones who said, "Hey Pioli is a great hire for us! After all, the guy who drafted Jamaal Charles and Derrick Johnson can't be all bad!"
Probably the same amount of Chiefs fans who said "Hey, Pioli is a great hire for us! After all, the guy who helped draft Tom Brady and Richard Seymour can't be all bad!"

Sorter
01-25-2017, 01:45 PM
Probably the same amount of Chiefs fans who said "Hey, Pioli is a great hire for us! After all, the guy who helped draft Tom Brady and Richard Seymour can't be all bad!"

Not the same thing.

Chiefspants
01-25-2017, 01:45 PM
Didn't a Falcon fan come on here promising to steamroll the Chiefs and then went on to hide after his team somehow lost to the mighty Alex Smiths at home?

I'm trying to remember who that was.

Bufkin
01-25-2017, 01:46 PM
Didn't a Falcon fan come on here promising to steamroll the Chiefs and then went on to hide after his team somehow lost to the mighty Alex Smiths at home?

I'm trying to remember who that was.
It was Black Bob. He's a troll though and is hardly a poster boy for our fan base.

Chiefspants
01-25-2017, 01:47 PM
It was Black Bob. He's a troll though and is hardly a poster boy for our fan base.

LMAO

New World Order
01-25-2017, 02:05 PM
Their success lately (since they signed him) can be attributed to Tyson Jackson.

RealSNR
01-25-2017, 04:02 PM

So... zero? People didn't know about Pioli other than he was highly recommended and talked about across NFL circles. They saw "Executive of the Year" winner and believed he'd be great.

His draft record with the Patriots actually wasn't that great at all, because most people researched it.