PDA

View Full Version : Football Manziel Tweets

Hog's Gone Fishin
01-25-2017, 07:21 AM
Jan 23, 2017

Johnny Manziel deleted his Twitter account on Monday, shortly after he tweeted advice to President Donald Trump on using the social media platform.

"Yo, POTUS even I know to stay away from the notifications section on twitter. S--- will drive you crazy, lead the country and let them hate," Manziel tweeted Monday afternoon, followed by a tweet that read: "Control what you can control and let the rest fall by the wayside."

The tweets quickly went viral and even got a stamp of approval from former White House press secretary Ari Fleischer.

Follow
Ari Fleischer ✔ @AriFleischer
When you're right, you're right. Johnny Manziel is right. (I can't believe i said that.)

https://twitter.com/jmanziel2/status/823614425621876736 …
It is not known if the removal of Manziel's account was related to his tweets to President Trump. "He told me [Twitter is] not a priority and he's trying to eliminate distractions," Manziel spokesperson Denise Michaels told ESPN.

Manziel's Instagram and Snapchat accounts were both still active Monday.

He sent a message to ESPN's Ed Werder late last week, saying he has achieved sobriety without professional assistance and is determined to resume his career in the NFL. One day earlier, the former Cleveland Browns quarterback tweeted that he is trying to be a better person and thanked those who helped him during a "rough" 2016.

EDITOR'S PICKS

Manziel says he's sober, wants to return to NFL
One day after thanking those who helped him during a "rough" 2016, Johnny Manziel told ESPN he has achieved sobriety without professional help and is determined to resume his NFL career.
Manziel, 24, is scheduled to make his first announced promotional appearance since leaving the NFL. He will sign autographs in two memorabilia shops at Texas malls during Super Bowl week.

Manziel, whom the Browns selected with the 22nd pick in the 2014 NFL draft, spent 10 weeks in rehab after his rookie season. He was released by the Browns last March and was suspended for the first four games of the 2016 season for violating the NFL's substance abuse policy.

He reached an agreement last month with the Dallas County district attorney's office to have domestic violence charges dropped if he meets certain conditions throughout the year. He was accused of hitting and threatening his former girlfriend during a night out last January.

ESPN's Jeremy Fowler contributed to this report

Hog's Gone Fishin
01-25-2017, 07:22 AM
I don't want to hear any negative comments about Manziel either from you assholes.

Snica
01-25-2017, 07:23 AM
Waiting for the "bring him in for a look" posts now. LMAO

chinaski
01-25-2017, 07:34 AM

Bring him in for a look?

New World Order
01-25-2017, 07:40 AM
Bring him in for a look?

No question mark needed.

Bring him in for a look.

Buehler445
01-25-2017, 07:52 AM
He ran out of money.

notorious
01-25-2017, 08:04 AM
Hog still carrying that torch!

LMAO

InChiefsHeaven
01-25-2017, 08:47 AM
Why not bring him in? Best locker room in the league, and he could be had for a pretty low price I'd imagine...

PAChiefsGuy
01-25-2017, 08:54 AM
He probably was high as a kite when he tweeted that

Beef Supreme
01-25-2017, 09:06 AM
He has achieved sobriety.

carcosa
01-25-2017, 09:19 AM
Can he play MLB??

Dave Lane
01-25-2017, 09:25 AM
Even Manziel is more mature and can stay on message better than our president. Grats?

ClevelandBronco
01-25-2017, 09:41 AM
Why not bring him in? Best locker room in the league, and he could be had for a pretty low price I'd imagine...

Sure. Why not screw that AIDS infested skank without a jimmy? You're healthy.

Hog's Gone Fishin
01-25-2017, 09:53 AM
He probably was high as a kite when he tweeted that

Listen here you dumbass. If Manziel said he's sober then he's sober. That includes meth and Heroin ,crack and coke !

TinyEvel
01-25-2017, 10:02 AM
The only program that can help you get sober is AA. No temporary treatment center or medical help have ever been proven effective.

You need a constant and persistent change in your behavior, who you associate with, and need a higher reason to stay sober and deal with your resentments, boredom, fears, etc. Be it religion, family, mother nature, health, whatever.

I do wish him luck.

Dartgod
01-25-2017, 10:07 AM
The only program that can help you get sober is AA. No temporary treatment center or medical help have ever been proven effective.

You need a constant and persistent change in your behavior, who you associate with, and need a higher reason to stay sober and deal with your resentments, boredom, fears, etc. Be it religion, family, mother nature, health, whatever.

I do wish him luck.

I'll drink to that.

Simplicity
01-25-2017, 10:26 AM

I do wish him luck.

To say one thing is the ONLY absolute way of successfully defeating addiction is pretty ignorant to say.

ILChief
01-25-2017, 10:47 AM
Someone like that is our only shot at a franchise QB since we won't draft one

ChiefAshhole1056
01-25-2017, 10:52 AM

I do wish him luck.

He's back with his family and has begun training again with George Whitfield for his comeback. He has a solid support system around him, has a routine again, and is making an effort to cut out the toxic distractions in his life.

Start the fucking "Johnny to KC" movement.

RobBlake
01-25-2017, 11:02 AM
lmao.. Johnny has shown ZERO ability in the NFL.

BlackHelicopters
01-25-2017, 11:15 AM
Can he throw every five days for the Royals?

DJ's left nut
01-25-2017, 11:21 AM
He's back with his family and has begun training again with George Whitfield for his comeback. He has a solid support system around him, has a routine again, and is making an effort to cut out the toxic distractions in his life.

Start the fucking "Johnny to KC" movement.

Johnny Manziel is the 'toxic distraction' in the lives of everyone around him.

Manziel's a silver-spoon fuckstain. He's been coddled and catered to his entire life.

He will only be tolerable when he's at the bottom. The absolute second he achieves any semblance of success, he will go back to being the entitled dickhead that 20+ years of Texas nouveau riche upbringing will get you.

I'd rather have Alex Smith. Hell, I'd rather have Alex Tanney. Screw Johnny Manziel.

ChiefAshhole1056
01-25-2017, 11:26 AM
Johnny Manziel is the 'toxic distraction' in the lives of everyone around him.

Manziel's a silver-spoon ****stain. He's been coddled and catered to his entire life.

He will only be tolerable when he's at the bottom. The absolute second he achieves any semblance of success, he will go back to being the entitled dickhead that 20+ years of Texas nouveau riche upbringing will get you.

I'd rather have Alex Smith. Hell, I'd rather have Alex Tanney. Screw Johnny Manziel.

Sooooooo, can I mark you down as "tentative"?

Rooster
01-25-2017, 11:46 AM
Sooooooo, can I mark you down as "tentative"?

LMAO

Rasputin
01-25-2017, 12:01 PM
Johnny Football / Hog Farmer :whackit:

ROFL I posted this in the Free Agency thread the other day I figured it would be a matter a time before Hog Farmer started :Pimp:ing Johnny Foozball again.

Pasta Little Brioni
01-25-2017, 12:11 PM
Would be an upgrade in Pile high

Beef Supreme
01-25-2017, 12:14 PM
I'm gonna open a bar named "The 13th Step."

ptlyon
01-25-2017, 12:15 PM
I'm gonna open a bar named "The 13th Step."

Excellent idea. We had one here named. 08 for awhile.

Hog's Gone Fishin
01-25-2017, 12:25 PM

As well as the other 32 QBs drafted by Cleveland. Give the guy a year with Andy and we got our guy !

Simplicity
01-25-2017, 12:37 PM
I will be a part of the "bring Johnny to KC" movement. F*** the non-believers

Rasputin
01-25-2017, 12:41 PM
I will be a part of the "bring Johnny to KC" movement. F*** the non-believers

Win or lose he would be more fun or exciting to watch than Alex Smith at least he won't be boring.

I wouldn't want him for his domestic issues so I can't want him for Chiefs but getting rid of the Alex nut huggers would be worth it.

HemiEd
01-25-2017, 12:49 PM
Hog still carrying that torch!

LMAO

Yep, extreme loyalty. ROFL

ct
01-25-2017, 01:44 PM
I'll drink to that.

:toast:

Hog's Gone Fishin
01-25-2017, 03:00 PM
Manziel never had a fair chance. Being drafted by the Browns is a death sentence. I know his off the field issues went overboard but by God he survived College without any real issues and was a winner.

any of you that remember his play at Texas a&M may remember one of his greatest assets was the ability to look downfield and find the receiver, which is Alex Smiths major problem. Few QBs have that ability , Rodgers, and Brady are the best. Manziels ability to scramble was just a huge plus.
He was a real team leader and team mates loved him. He carried the team. If he just stayed clean and was drafted by a decent team where would he be now ?

ROYC75
01-25-2017, 03:21 PM
Low cost with a high ceiling?

Sure, why not, bring him in for a look, put him on the PS.

Hog's Gone Fishin
01-25-2017, 03:32 PM
Can we put together enough money to fly a Banner around Dorseys pad saying "Bring in Johnny"

rico
01-25-2017, 03:50 PM
I'd be fine with it. Kansas City could use the media attention...so we aren't perceived as boring or insignificant to most NFL fans...

Snica
01-25-2017, 03:54 PM
I'd be fine with it. Kansas City could use the media attention...so we aren't perceived as boring or insignificant to most NFL fans...

So you want the Chiefs perceived as boring or insignificant AND stupid now?

LMAO

Who am I kidding, they already are all three.

rico
01-25-2017, 04:00 PM
So you want the Chiefs perceived as boring or insignificant AND stupid now?

LMAO

Who am I kidding, they already are all three.

When I tell some Packers or Cowboys or Patriots or Bears fan or whatever that I am a Chiefs fan, I want to stop receiving that blank stare followed by, "Chiefs?? You are a Chiefs fan? Kansas City, right? But...why?"

A lot of NFL perceive KC as that insignificant.

Look, I'm not going to clamor for Manziel to be our QBOTF....but I'm sure as shit not going to be upset with ESPN checking in with us a bit more often.

HemiEd
01-25-2017, 04:12 PM
Manziel never had a fair chance. Being drafted by the Browns is a death sentence. I know his off the field issues went overboard but by God he survived College without any real issues and was a winner.

any of you that remember his play at Texas a&M may remember one of his greatest assets was the ability to look downfield and find the receiver, which is Alex Smiths major problem. Few QBs have that ability , Rodgers, and Brady are the best. Manziels ability to scramble was just a huge plus.
He was a real team leader and team mates loved him. He carried the team. If he just stayed clean and was drafted by a decent team where would he be now ?

He darn near pulled that game out against the Chiefs, pretty much on his own. It was scary.

ILChief
01-25-2017, 04:33 PM

He almost beat us

Beef Supreme
01-25-2017, 04:50 PM
Sweep the leg, Johnny.

ROYC75
01-25-2017, 04:59 PM
IMHO, I think he has the tools to be a good QB in the NFL.

We all know his biggest hurdle is, himself.

New World Order
01-25-2017, 05:16 PM
Hasn't Johnny Football said over and over "he's now sober."

I hope it's true.

Hog's Gone Fishin
01-25-2017, 05:23 PM

I hope it's true.

Yes, but the first couple times he said it when he was drunk so that's inadmisabble.

TribalElder
01-25-2017, 05:29 PM
I felt bad for him when he got picked by Cleveland

What a shitty place to have to go

ARROW2
01-25-2017, 05:33 PM
I'm on board!!!

ClevelandBronco
01-25-2017, 05:51 PM

I hope it's true.

Two kinds of people say that: People who are sober and alcoholics who are still drinking.

Actually, people who are sober rarely say it.

SAUTO
01-25-2017, 06:11 PM

I do wish him luck.
I disagree, but to each their own.

rico
01-25-2017, 06:15 PM
Ya know, whether Johnny plays football again or not, I can see him being a pretty popular celebrity for quite a while.

Chiefshrink
01-25-2017, 06:17 PM
Jan 23, 2017
He sent a message to ESPN's Ed Werder late last week, saying he has achieved sobriety without professional assistance and is determined to resume his career in the NFL. One day earlier, the former Cleveland Browns quarterback tweeted that he is trying to be a better person and thanked those who helped him during a "rough" 2016.

He is a "dry drunk"(booze, drugs,etc..) which means he is still in denial and is "white knuckling it". He still has not come to a full understanding in his heart that he has a problem(a la the underlined part). Thinks he can fix himself still. We will soon hear of his falling off the wagon no doubt.

Hog's Gone Fishin
01-25-2017, 06:24 PM
He is a "dry drunk"(booze, drugs,etc..) which means he is still in denial and is "white knuckling it". He still has not come to a full understanding in his heart that he has a problem(a la the underlined part). Thinks he can fix himself still. We will soon hear of his falling off the wagon no doubt.

You don't HAVE to have professional help to realize you did wrong and correct it. Although in the realm of where he is as a professional athlete he WILL need a support group.A good locker room and coaching staff can provide that .

Chiefshrink
01-25-2017, 06:32 PM

You are right Johnny never had a chance but not for the reason/s you think. His demons were there in college as well and were in the "budding" stage. He was not taxed intellectually on learning the QB position in college and was allowed to play "street ball" in college like Vick did and was very successful. As you know it is night/day difference college from the NFL, and you can only play "street ball" for so long in the NFL. Ask Vick,V Young,RG III,Kapernick. You either truly learn NFL craft of QBing or you don't. Johnny never had a chance with his demons coming into full bloom now with all the attention/SS that played right into his immaturity preventing him from ever being mature enough to truly learn the playbook and improve his eyes in reading defenses and how to successfully audible to the right play.

Hog's Gone Fishin
01-25-2017, 06:35 PM
You are right Johnny never had a chance but not for the reason/s you think. His demons were there in college as well and were in the "budding" stage. He was not taxed intellectually on learning the QB position in college and was allowed to play "street ball" in college like Vick did and was very successful. As you know it is night/day difference college from the NFL, and you can only play "street ball" for so long in the NFL. Ask Vick,V Young,RG III,Kapernick. You either truly learn NFL craft of QBing or you don't. Johnny never had a chance with his demons coming into full bloom now with all the attention/SS that played right into his immaturity preventing him from ever being mature enough to truly learn the playbook and improve his eyes in reading defenses and how to successfully audible to the right play.

What you say makes sense but / Browns .

Do you think a good coaching staff would have kept him straight. What if he went to New England ?

Chiefshrink
01-25-2017, 06:46 PM
You don't HAVE to have professional help to realize you did wrong and correct it. Although in the realm of where he is as a professional athlete he WILL need a support group.A good locker room and coaching staff can provide that .

You are correct. However, based on his antics and what he was using this kid is a very "sick puppy" and doesn't own it yet and professional help along with the aftercare of a a support group is definitely needed IMHO. If I am a betting man, he is sober right now because "others" are telling him he needs to stay sober so that he can get back into the NFL and not because he truly believes he has a problem and can never drink or drug again. There is a difference between abstaining for the sake of abstaining(dry drunk) and abstaining because you know you truly have a problem and know from your heart you can never drink or drug again.

It would be interesting to find out from him what his definition of sobriety means. Dollars to donuts he is cheating.

Chiefshrink
01-25-2017, 07:01 PM
What you say makes sense but / Browns .

Do you think a good coaching staff would have kept him straight. What if he went to New England ?

It wasn't the Browns coaching staff IMHO. From my understanding the coaching staff saw this kid's immaturity and demons a mile away and didn't want him, conversely this was purely a new owner pick for marketing purposes and the owner paid the price for ignoring massive red flags. Think the coaching staff was excited to work with Manziel ? Only to a point because they knew already. Look at Randy Gregory(high 2nd rd pick) for Dallas. Jones ignored the red flags and has paid a price. Leveon Bell 2yrs in a row starting out the season on suspension, Josh Gordon, Martavious Bryant these guys still don't get it.

Chiefshrink
01-25-2017, 07:13 PM

If there are 2 things that Bellicheck learned from Parcells was that "character" and "true love for the game" always trumps talent and why you see very disciplined, well coached Bellichek teams year after year. A Hernandez was an exception to the rule because he was "that sociopathic" and even the best get fooled from time to time. No way Bellichek would draft or try to attempt to help Johnny because Bellichek knows the ol rule of "you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink". So why did Bill take a chance on Moss ? Moss was different because despite all of Moss's antics Bellichek recognized in him that there was a chance of redemption for Randy because Randy loved the game and wanted to be a champion but was frustrated. Don't get me wrong, I assure you Bellicheck read him the right act (Patriot Way) behind closed doors and it wasn't until Randy came to NE that he finally learned what "team" was all about.

Pennywise
01-25-2017, 08:05 PM
Even Manziel is more mature and can stay on message better than our president. Grats?

:deevee:

Manziel is a top 5 NFL QB and best ever in my lifetime.

BWillie
01-25-2017, 08:09 PM
Why is this news? Why is anyone concerned about a drunk kid's thoughts about how social media is involved in the presidency? Sometimes I'm really amazed at the things that people want to talk about these days.

Prison Bitch
01-25-2017, 08:13 PM
Don't ever quote ari fleischer

He's a dooshbag turd

JD10367
01-25-2017, 09:12 PM
Who cares about Twitter comments from a useless talentless hack who never had the talent to back up the position he was put in.

Oh, yeah, Manziel sucks too.

Psyko Tek
01-25-2017, 10:00 PM

fuck yes, and bring houston, ford and hali in to work on their rushing

Bowser
01-25-2017, 11:15 PM
Can he play MLB??

Let's hope. The Royals could use a second baseman.

Nickhead
01-25-2017, 11:40 PM
Johnny is a TWEET!!