PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Ballard Interviewing for Colts GM

Marco Polo
01-25-2017, 12:10 PM
SIAP:

Chiefs director of football operations Chris Ballard will interview for the Colts' general-manager vacancy on Wednesday.

Ballard has been a hot name in GM searches the past couple years. He turned down an interview request from the 49ers earlier this month, but the Colts job comes with a franchise quarterback in Andrew Luck. The Colts are casting a wide net in their search to replace overmatched Ryan Grigson.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/824295951653306369

Direckshun
01-25-2017, 12:14 PM
I'm just going to put my faith in the idea that either Ballard or Dorsey remains in KC.

I assume Ballard interviewing means Dorsey's more likely to stay.

Rasputin
01-25-2017, 12:18 PM
Well Bye

I guess

:(

Not that he will take the Indy job but he seems to be a hot economy so if not there somewhere he thinks is appealing. I wish him best if it's in the NFC.

BlackHelicopters
01-25-2017, 12:23 PM
Andrew Luck. Franchise QB. Heh

Direckshun
01-25-2017, 12:48 PM
Well Bye

I guess

:(

Not that he will take the Indy job but he seems to be a hot economy so if not there somewhere he thinks is appealing. I wish him best if it's in the NFC.

Yes, a hot economy.

The hottest economy there is.

Rasputin
01-25-2017, 12:53 PM
Yes, a hot economy.

ADJECTIVE

1.(of a product) offering the best value for the money:

Yes he would offer the best value for your money as a GM.

I maybe thinking of a different word but similar meaning. Hot item of purchase sort of thing.

mdchiefsfan
01-25-2017, 12:54 PM
I think you meant hot commodity.

Discuss Thrower
01-25-2017, 12:55 PM
Yes, a hot economy.

Deserves all the escalades.

raybec 4
01-25-2017, 12:59 PM
Deserves all the escalades.

He definitely deserves KaDos for the job he's done here

Dartgod
01-25-2017, 01:37 PM
This thread is mind bottling.

ptlyon
01-25-2017, 01:41 PM

It needs MOAR posts

Pablo
01-25-2017, 01:43 PM
A hot astronomy for sure.

Will be a star someday.

KCUnited
01-25-2017, 01:51 PM
A big lobotomy thinks this deal gets done.

raybec 4
01-25-2017, 01:52 PM
He's a hot Deuteronomy, changes of a biblical proportion

Easy 6
01-25-2017, 02:44 PM
He's a hot Deuteronomy, changes of a biblical proportion

ROFL!

Snica
01-25-2017, 02:47 PM
This thread clearly is not going to disappoint.

Mr. Laz
01-25-2017, 02:47 PM
fuck

So much for the bullshit about Ballard getting a raise with the Chiefs.

RealSNR
01-25-2017, 03:41 PM
I'm just going to put my faith in the idea that either Ballard or Dorsey remains in KC.

I assume Ballard interviewing means Dorsey's more likely to stay.

DORSEY IS NOT FUCKING LEAVING.

It's been proven over and over that the dude who put that thought out there as news was just throwing shit at the wall and getting a buzz from it. There is ZERO evidence to believe that Dorsey has even entertained the thought for 2 seconds while taking a shit

RealSNR
01-25-2017, 03:44 PM
Also, it fucking sucks to be the 49ers now. Laughing at those jackasses.

chiefzilla1501
01-25-2017, 03:47 PM
Sounds like the Chiefs did Ballard a solid by pretending to block the interview with the 49ers.

Not sure this is a whole lot better given that he's working for Irsay. But I guess he'll probably let the GM do whatever he wants.

It'll be interesting to see how he does if he leaves. Has been a genius in KC so I don't want him to go. But he was also kind of a disaster in Chicago.

Hammock Parties
01-25-2017, 04:12 PM
Well, bye.

Jamie
01-25-2017, 05:11 PM
Two thoughts. One, if I'm Ballard I don't take the job unless they let me fire Pagano. And two, if they let him fire Pagano, any chance he takes Toub with him?

DJ's left nut
01-25-2017, 05:18 PM
Sounds like the Chiefs did Ballard a solid by pretending to block the interview with the 49ers.

Not sure this is a whole lot better given that he's working for Irsay. But I guess he'll probably let the GM do whatever he wants.

It'll be interesting to see how he does if he leaves. Has been a genius in KC so I don't want him to go. But he was also kind of a disaster in Chicago.

Hard to say if he's a guy that needs a steadying influence to keep from going off the rails or not. Some people just aren't quite cut out for the big chair but can be invaluable lieutenants.

But I'd hate to see him go to Indy and do well. Sooner or later Brady's stranglehold on this conference will end and if a competent GM takes over and makes it Luck's decade, well won't that just be a kick in the balls?

Hog's Gone Fishin
01-25-2017, 05:21 PM
Maybe Clark has instructed him to take the job, then make a trade to KC, Luck for Smith and then get fired and Clark hires him back.

Easy 6
01-25-2017, 05:30 PM
Hard to say if he's a guy that needs a steadying influence to keep from going off the rails or not. Some people just aren't quite cut out for the big chair but can be invaluable lieutenants.

But I'd hate to see him go to Indy and do well. Sooner or later Brady's stranglehold on this conference will end and if a competent GM takes over and makes it Luck's decade, well won't that just be a kick in the balls?

In spite of Reids foibles, I sincerely believe that between Andy and John... we can create a team here that is a match for the Ballard/Luck Colts 8 days a week

Let him go, we cant keep everyone anyway... what we need is a QB, Reids clock management/run game stubborness problems will look a lot smaller if we can get that figured out

DJ's left nut
01-25-2017, 05:36 PM
In spite of Reids foibles, I sincerely believe that between Andy and John... we can create a team here that is a match for the Ballard/Luck Colts 8 days a week

Let him go, we cant keep everyone anyway... what we need is a QB, Reids clock management/run game stubborness problems will look a lot smaller if we can get that figured out

Gotta get at least 90% of what the Colts have with Luck. Luck isn't Brady and perhaps will never quite live up to his hype, but he's still 2 years away from being the best QB in the AFC and by a fair amount.

The Chiefs will have to close that gap. As has been noted elsewhere, the key is that they have to get a quarterback that's capable of coming back from mistakes made by his teammates because mistakes will absolutely happen.

Winning games by simply not screwing up isn't going to cut it. They need to acknowledge that screwups happen and get someone under center that's capable of overcoming them.

I'm cautiously optimistic that they realize this and changes are going to be made sooner rather than later. Then again, the last time things looked this obvious the answer was Brady Quinn...

OnTheWarpath15
01-25-2017, 05:48 PM

Why you gotta go straight for the juggler?

milkman
01-25-2017, 05:59 PM
Gotta get at least 90% of what the Colts have with Luck. Luck isn't Brady and perhaps will never quite live up to his hype, but he's still 2 years away from being the best QB in the AFC and by a fair amount.

The Chiefs will have to close that gap. As has been noted elsewhere, the key is that they have to get a quarterback that's capable of coming back from mistakes made by his teammates because mistakes will absolutely happen.

Winning games by simply not screwing up isn't going to cut it. They need to acknowledge that screwups happen and get someone under center that's capable of overcoming them.

I'm cautiously optimistic that they realize this and changes are going to be made sooner rather than later. Then again, the last time things looked this obvious the answer was Brady Quinn...

Not sold on Luck.

Looks like we will be coming up on Carr's decade, and that's an even bigger kick in the nuts.

Easy 6
01-25-2017, 07:04 PM
Not sold on Luck.

Looks like we will be coming up on Carr's decade, and that's an even bigger kick in the nuts.

Luck > Carr... dont blame Luck for the mess that team is in, the guy is a stud in waiting

Carr, it honestly feels like this guy can still become a product of a losing mindset no matter the potential displayed... he isnt a big guy, and if you can smack him around early he is a jittery mess

I want that 6'5 250 or so kid, the one who can stand tall under duress and still get off an accurate throw with bodies piling up... basically its Bray, but go ahead and heap scorn on me now

seclark
01-25-2017, 07:10 PM
ROFL
i love this place.
this thread has the best of both worlds.
sec

The Bad Guy
01-25-2017, 07:21 PM

So much for the bullshit about Ballard getting a raise with the Chiefs.

Elliott Wolf got a raise from the Packers and he's interviewing too.

cabletech94
01-25-2017, 07:29 PM
hindsight is 50/50.

saphojunkie
01-25-2017, 07:40 PM
ADJECTIVE

1.(of a product) offering the best value for the money:

Yes he would offer the best value for your money as a GM.

I maybe thinking of a different word but similar meaning. Hot item of purchase sort of thing.

ad·jec·tive
ˈajəktiv/
noun GRAMMAR

a word or phrase naming an attribute, added to or grammatically related to a noun to modify or describe it.

You modifier-modifying modifier.

Dave Lane
01-25-2017, 07:44 PM
A hot astronomy for sure.

Will be a star someday.

Hey that's my line

Chiefshrink
01-25-2017, 07:44 PM

With a ya DJ. Totally sold on Luck and had Grigson been a real GM Luck would not have regressed because of a very porous o-line and no running game. Look how Luck never panicked against the Chiefs in the playoffs and actually starting the 2nd half with a pick furthering our lead and yet still lead the comeback. Granted our d sucked balls but......

MahiMike
01-25-2017, 07:52 PM
This could work out for us. Ballard goes to Indy and takes DJ and Jamaal for some nice draft picks!

Mr. Laz
01-25-2017, 09:16 PM
Elliott Wolf got a raise from the Packers and he's interviewing too.
You really think the Chiefs would give Ballard a raise WITHOUT Ballard agreeing to stay at least the next year?

Only if Hunt/Dorsey/Reid were idiots.

Any new contract/raise would absolutely include something that kept Ballard in KC for another year.

DJ's left nut
01-26-2017, 09:56 AM
Luck > Carr... dont blame Luck for the mess that team is in, the guy is a stud in waiting

Carr, it honestly feels like this guy can still become a product of a losing mindset no matter the potential displayed... he isnt a big guy, and if you can smack him around early he is a jittery mess

I want that 6'5 250 or so kid, the one who can stand tall under duress and still get off an accurate throw with bodies piling up... basically its Bray, but go ahead and heap scorn on me now

Yeah, physically Luck is superior to Carr in every way. And from a passing standpoint, he's more aggressive and more accurate downfield.

If you're backing Carr's horse here, it has to be on the basis of intangibles and frankly, I don't see Carr being any sort of cut above Luck in that regard either. Luck's a very smart quarterback and by all accounts a premier leader in the lockerroom.

I see nothing that Carr does better than Luck nor do I see anyplace where he's likely to surpass Luck. Carr had potentially the best OL in football and 2 WRs playing at a premium level. Luck had Hilton and a trash OL because Grigson is hot garbage.

I'd take Luck over Carr 10 times out of 10. Carr's going to be a good player, but more in the Phillip Rivers to Luck's Tom Brady. Rivers was a very good quarterback but still a tick below Brady. Such will be the case with Luck/Carr going forward.

I mean...until Mahomes blows by both of them.

Rausch
01-26-2017, 09:59 AM
This could work out for us. Ballard goes to Indy and takes DJ and Jamaal for some nice draft picks!

I don't want either one retiring a Colt...:#

Dunerdr
01-26-2017, 12:02 PM
Luck>Carr one wears makeup one looks like a super manly caveman

Rausch
01-26-2017, 12:05 PM
Luck>Carr one wears makeup one looks like a super manly caveman

Carr called his dislocated pinkie "the greatest pain I've ever felt in my life."

Well, now it's not.

Pussy...

The Franchise
01-26-2017, 12:05 PM
Carr called his dislocated pinkie "the greatest pain I've ever felt in my life."

Well, now it's not.

Pussy...

I bet that broken leg changed his mind.

DaneMcCloud
01-26-2017, 12:06 PM
You really think the Chiefs would give Ballard a raise WITHOUT Ballard agreeing to stay at least the next year?

Any new contract/raise would absolutely include something that kept Ballard in KC for another year.

That's not how business, or promotions, work.

Giving Ballard a raise is mutually exclusive from Ballard interviewing for a higher level position in another organization.

Also, if the Chiefs could have blocked him from interviewing but didn't.

Rausch
01-26-2017, 12:09 PM

Giving Ballard a raise is mutually exclusive from Ballard interviewing for a higher level position in another organization.

How exactly do front office contracts work?

Are they in any way similar to player contracts?

I doubt it...

RunKC
01-26-2017, 12:10 PM

No employer would force an employee to stay with them and not interview for a job they want unless they are morons.

Mr. Laz
01-26-2017, 12:22 PM

Well, now it's not.

Pussy...

lol

got me

tk13
01-26-2017, 12:31 PM
Yeah, physically Luck is superior to Carr in every way. And from a passing standpoint, he's more aggressive and more accurate downfield.

If you're backing Carr's horse here, it has to be on the basis of intangibles and frankly, I don't see Carr being any sort of cut above Luck in that regard either. Luck's a very smart quarterback and by all accounts a premier leader in the lockerroom.

I see nothing that Carr does better than Luck nor do I see anyplace where he's likely to surpass Luck. Carr had potentially the best OL in football and 2 WRs playing at a premium level. Luck had Hilton and a trash OL because Grigson is hot garbage.

I'd take Luck over Carr 10 times out of 10. Carr's going to be a good player, but more in the Phillip Rivers to Luck's Tom Brady. Rivers was a very good quarterback but still a tick below Brady. Such will be the case with Luck/Carr going forward.

I mean...until Mahomes blows by both of them.

There was a stat that came out in December, I'd have to find it... But Luck has had something like 35 different starting offensive lines. Thirty five. That's crazy. He's basically averaging a different starting OL once every two games in his career.

Luck is basically where Matt Ryan used to be. There was a time where a lot of people would say that he wasn't a franchise guy, but he absolutely is. Honestly I'm not sure any of these other guys have been given the load of crap Luck was handed. Terrible running game, poor defense, awful OL. Give him the Seahawks defense and watch what happens.

Mr. Laz
01-26-2017, 12:34 PM

Sure that's how it works if the employer is just giving an employee a raise.

but that's not what was happening, it was a leverage situation

I've been on both sides of the situation

Workers - Headhunter wants me to leave
Boss- we want you to stay
Worker - I dunno, it's a good opportunity
Boss - How about if we give you a raise, would that help you decide to stay?
Worker - Ok, sounds good to me
Boss - Sound great, you agree to stay another year and we increase you pay xxx amount. How's that?
Worker - Yes, I'll stay or No, I need more money than that. (rinse/repeat bargain wage)

That would be how a friendly and respectful employment situation works. The Employer and Employee both give something and get something ... win/win.

If the employee is doing one of these ... "I'll take the raise but that doesn't mean shit about me leaving" then he's being a disrespectful dick.

If Ballard wants to interview to leave, then fine ... do it.
If Ballard wants to use an interview as leverage to get a raise but then stay ... fine.

His talent and marketability give him that power and give him that choice.

But you don't do BOTH unless you don't give a fuck about your current employment situation.

Hoopsdoc
01-26-2017, 07:02 PM
There was a stat that came out in December, I'd have to find it... But Luck has had something like 35 different starting offensive lines. Thirty five. That's crazy. He's basically averaging a different starting OL once every two games in his career.

Luck is basically where Matt Ryan used to be. There was a time where a lot of people would say that he wasn't a franchise guy, but he absolutely is. Honestly I'm not sure any of these other guys have been given the load of crap Luck was handed. Terrible running game, poor defense, awful OL. Give him the Seahawks defense and watch what happens.

Andrew HAS to learn how to give up. Take the dump off. He tends to hold on to the ball just a split second to long trying to hit the home run.

I've watched every snap of every game since he's been in the league and that's his biggest flaw.

RunKC
01-26-2017, 07:06 PM
Word is Ballard is the favorite. Sucks but it was bound to happen anyway.

Beethoven
01-27-2017, 09:26 PM
Chris Ballard is the leading candidate for the Colts GM opening according to NFL.com.

Mr. Laz
01-27-2017, 10:12 PM
With our luck, Ballard will have been the one with the keen eye not Dorsey.

Let the sucketh beginneth againeth

Dante84
01-27-2017, 10:28 PM
Who’s the G.M. favorite in Indy?

When the better-never-than-late G.M. search began in Indy, the sense in league circles was that the team eventually would promote Jimmy Raye III after engaging in a perfunctory outside search that would legitimize staying in-house with Raye. When the names began to be compiled for the search process, however, it appeared that the Colts were doing more than merely lining up a few courtesy interviews before doing the inevitable.

Six days later, there’s a renewed sense that Raye eventually may emerge with the job. The involvement of coach Chuck Pagano in the interviews bolsters the notion that owner Jim Irsay highly values the coach-G.M. relationship. If that’s a major factor, the safest course will be to match Raye and Pagano — if they see eye to eye, unlike Pagano and former G.M. Ryan Grigson.

Promoting Raye also makes it easier to put G.M. and coach on equal footing for accountability purposes, with both being told that either they succeed together or fail together. It would be difficult to tell a new G.M. from the outside that he’s fused at the hip with Pagano.

So if it doesn’t work between Raye and Pagano, that would be the occasion to press the reset button, hire someone from the outside, and hire a new coach.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/01/27/whos-the-g-m-favorite-in-indy/

Dante84
01-27-2017, 10:36 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I&#39;m told that Chiefs exec Chris Ballard is the &quot;clear favorite&quot; for the Colts GM job. I&#39;m also told he wants to change the head coach.</p>&mdash; Brad Wells (@BradWellsNFL) <a href="https://twitter.com/BradWellsNFL/status/825171042062655488">January 28, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I&#39;m told that Pagano is a &quot;deal breaker&quot; for Ballard. Meaning Ballard will take the job so long as Pagano is canned.</p>&mdash; Brad Wells (@BradWellsNFL) <a href="https://twitter.com/BradWellsNFL/status/825171633342013440">January 28, 2017</a></blockquote>
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">One source close to the team said that Chiefs special teams coach Dave Toub is &quot;Ballard&#39;s guy,&quot; suggesting Toub is who Ballard wants as HC.</p>&mdash; Brad Wells (@BradWellsNFL) <a href="https://twitter.com/BradWellsNFL/status/825172121894604800">January 28, 2017</a></blockquote>
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I&#39;m told Vikings exec George Paton is a &quot;close second&quot; behind Ballard for the Colts GM job.</p>&mdash; Brad Wells (@BradWellsNFL) <a href="https://twitter.com/BradWellsNFL/status/825174181281034241">January 28, 2017</a></blockquote>
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I don&#39;t have any info on how the interview with Packers Eliot Wolf went, but I&#39;m told Jimmy Raye is considered the &quot;fallback option.&quot;</p>&mdash; Brad Wells (@BradWellsNFL) <a href="https://twitter.com/BradWellsNFL/status/825174711445266433">January 28, 2017</a></blockquote>
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Also told the 2 SEA execs interviewed for Colts GM job (Kirchner and Fitterer) also wanted to change the HC. Tom Cable&#39;s name was mentioned.</p>&mdash; Brad Wells (@BradWellsNFL) <a href="https://twitter.com/BradWellsNFL/status/825181675487260673">January 28, 2017</a></blockquote>
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Reading between the lines, the only GM candidate I can see that ensures Chuck Pagano is safe for 2017 is Jimmy Raye.</p>&mdash; Brad Wells (@BradWellsNFL) <a href="https://twitter.com/BradWellsNFL/status/825182175251230720">January 28, 2017</a></blockquote>

Dante84
01-27-2017, 10:36 PM
Well, we could be losing both Ballard and Toub. That would ****ing suck, especially after losing Toub's top assistant to Denver.

Bowser
01-27-2017, 11:33 PM
Well, we could be losing both Ballard and Toub. That would ****ing suck, especially after losing Toub's top assistant to Denver.

Jesus

DaneMcCloud
01-27-2017, 11:39 PM

Belichick loses peeps nearly every year.

All he does win.

Bowser
01-27-2017, 11:42 PM
Belichick loses peeps nearly every year.

All he does win.

I don't know if Belichick is the greatest coach ever, nor do I know if Tom Brady is the greatest QB ever, but Belichick and Brady together are far and away the greatest coach/QB combo the NFL has EVER seen in its history.

RunKC
01-27-2017, 11:43 PM
The Colts guy seems like a Nick Athan. If you aren't "verified" on Twitter than you probably don't have inside info.

But if true that would be a massive hit for us. It's going to happen at some point, just hope not this year.

Dante84
01-27-2017, 11:47 PM
The Colts guy seems like a Nick Athan. If you aren't "verified" on Twitter than you probably don't have inside info.

But if true that would be a massive hit for us. It's going to happen at some point, just hope not this year.

Yeah, just googled him and he has just as many haters as Athan does.

A glimmer of hope.

DaneMcCloud
01-27-2017, 11:50 PM
Yeah, just googled him and he has just as many haters as Athan does.

A glimmer of hope.

Eh, if he's gone, he's gone.

If it doesn't happen this year, it'll happen next.

It's kind of silly.

Dante84
01-28-2017, 12:12 AM
I'm thrilled with how well we've drafted over the past 4 years. I'm also thrilled with how well our Special Teams unit has performed in that time frame.

When you perform well, you rise the ranks and move on. Selfishly, I hope that doesn't happen this year, and will root for it to play out that way.

Hammock Parties
01-28-2017, 07:48 PM
Looks like Ballard is leaving and Toub is going with him.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Hearing Colts are definitely intrigued by Chiefs personnel man Chris Ballard and his preference would be Chief ST coach Dave Toub as his HC</p>&mdash; Jason La Canfora (@JasonLaCanfora) <a href="https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/825499974024716293">January 29, 2017</a></blockquote>

kcchiefsus
01-28-2017, 08:23 PM

The Chiefs don't have a chance of finding a QB, so it's pretty obvious that we're going to be surpassed pretty quickly by Ballard and Toub in Indy.

Quesadilla Joe
01-28-2017, 08:27 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Hearing Colts are definitely intrigued by Chiefs personnel man Chris Ballard and his preference would be Chief ST coach Dave Toub as his HC</p>&mdash; Jason La Canfora (@JasonLaCanfora) <a href="https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/825499974024716293">January 29, 2017</a></blockquote>

I thought Pagano was pretty much safe?

I could've swore that I read that the new potential GM's were meeting with Pagono 1 on 1.

tk13
01-28-2017, 08:32 PM
The Chiefs don't have a chance of finding a QB, so it's pretty obvious that we're going to be surpassed pretty quickly by Ballard and Toub in Indy.

Even if the Chiefs draft 1st round QBs every year for the next decade, there's a pretty solid chance they won't get an Andrew Luck. So if they offer it to Ballard I imagine he's gone. No reason to plow through a bunch of Tannehills and Manziels when you can have Luck, in his prime, handed to you on a platter.

Quesadilla Joe
01-28-2017, 08:56 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Colts bringing Chiefs director of personnel Chris Ballard back for a second interview, per Colts source. First candidate to get second int.</p>&mdash; Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/825537884837048321">January 29, 2017</a></blockquote>

RunKC
01-28-2017, 09:00 PM
Colts are about to be the team of the AFC in a couple years when Toub and Ballard build them up

Fuck

pugsnotdrugs19
01-28-2017, 09:07 PM
Colts are about to be the team of the AFC in a couple years when Toub and Ballard build them up

Ehh, they'd be lucky in the sense that they have Luck already, but neither has ever performed the job that they would in Indy.

I guess what I'm saying is, most thought Pioli was going to be a mastermind too.

kcchiefsus
01-28-2017, 09:13 PM
Ehh, they'd be lucky in the sense that they have Luck already, but neither has ever performed the job that they would in Indy.

I guess what I'm saying is, most thought Pioli was going to be a mastermind too.

Just having a QB puts them light years ahead of the Chiefs, and we know the Chiefs won't be able to successfully find a QB.

Chief Northman
01-28-2017, 09:58 PM
This sounds like a formality now. Toub will follow Ballard out of town, and the Chiefs will be gutted of two of their "shining stars" on staff. With uncertainty around Dorsey's status after this year, I am sadly convinced that this regime may have already peaked.

The divisional loss to Pittsburgh hurts even more. The Chiefs draft low again, their SOS for next season is a bitch, and by all accounts, the qb position will be status quo. Too many ascending teams in the AFC. The short window the Chiefs had is already closing.

Color me unimpressed.

Hammock Parties
01-28-2017, 10:01 PM
The short window the Chiefs had is already closing.

Color me unimpressed.

Fear not. The 2018 QB class is on it's way.

Hope will be restored.

Pasta Little Brioni
01-28-2017, 10:04 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Colts bringing Chiefs director of personnel Chris Ballard back for a second interview, per Colts source. First candidate to get second int.</p>&mdash; Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/825537884837048321">January 29, 2017</a></blockquote>

Why do you just pop in and post negative Chief news??? Turd.

Chief Northman
01-28-2017, 10:08 PM

Hope will be restored.

Well maybe a lacklustre 2017 campaign can yield the Chiefs a pick in the draft where they might actually be in range for a legitimate franchise qb.

Not intrigued by what is available this year - too many warts on all these prospects.

Discuss Thrower
01-28-2017, 10:29 PM
This sounds like a formality now. Toub will follow Ballard out of town, and the Chiefs will be gutted of two of their "shining stars" on staff. With uncertainty around Dorsey's status after this year, I am sadly convinced that this regime may have already peaked.

The divisional loss to Pittsburgh hurts even more. The Chiefs draft low again, their SOS for next season is a bitch, and by all accounts, the qb position will be status quo. Too many ascending teams in the AFC. The short window the Chiefs had is already closing.

Color me unimpressed.

Can't say people didn't fucking see any of this coming four years ago. :rolleyes:

DaneMcCloud
01-28-2017, 10:32 PM
Can't say people didn't fucking see any of this coming four years ago. :rolleyes:

I'll color you as a fucking moron instead

Dante84
01-28-2017, 11:30 PM
Safe to say Ballard knows our full draft board thus far, and our strategy going into FA and the draft. That sucks.

I also wonder how many of our scouts he will take with him, or other assistant coaches?

Chief Northman
01-29-2017, 12:20 AM
Safe to say Ballard knows our full draft board thus far, and our strategy going into FA and the draft. That sucks.

I also wonder how many of our scouts he will take with him, or other assistant coaches?

Definitely concerning.

pugsnotdrugs19
01-29-2017, 12:27 AM
Even if Ballard/Toub were to leave, and considering everything else, I'd have a hard time seeing less than 9 wins....

But, I'd have just as hard of a time seeing more than 10.

Pasta Little Brioni
01-29-2017, 12:30 AM

Huh? You predicted the team to win like 7games this year, nostradumbass

NJChiefsFan
01-29-2017, 12:31 AM
Definitely concerning.

Maybe. We are staying pretty far apart from them. Even if they didn't steal guys, odds are in the early rounds are guys weren't falling another 15 or whatever many spots anyway.

Chief Northman
01-29-2017, 12:34 AM
Even if Ballard/Toub were to leave, and considering everything else, I'd have a hard time seeing less than 9 wins....

But, I'd have just as hard of a time seeing more than 10.

I tend to agree.
10 max
8 minimum

A return to mediocrity is looming, and this recent post-season convinced me the Chiefs are no darlings of the NFL. The players s will only buy-in for so long before either moving on, or becoming complacent. Reid/Smith is not for long. One has to go soon, because the league is moving on to the next big thing.....

RunKC
01-29-2017, 12:43 AM
As long as Dorsey, Andy and Sutton are here we'll be fine

kcchiefsus
01-29-2017, 05:48 AM
As long as Dorsey, Andy and Sutton are here we'll be fine

Yes, we'll be fine for always winning between 9-12 games and making it no further than the 2nd round of the playoffs.

kcchiefsus
01-29-2017, 05:52 AM

Hope will be restored.

We'll find a way to fuck it up.

A. We'll have a good season (but will lose early in the playoffs) and will have a pick too low in the draft to get anyone worth a damn. The Chiefs are too chicken shit to trade up so we will miss on a QB yet again.

B. We'll have an average tob below average season (8-8,6-10) and would possibly be within reach of a top QB. However, we'll still be too chicken shit to trade up and the guy we're aiming for will go off the board before it's our pick.

I could come up with more scenarios, but one of those two seem likely.

kcchiefsus
01-29-2017, 05:54 AM

We could have taken a Carr, Bridgewater, etc. in the draft but as always we wait too fucking long. Just like when Trent Green left we never play for the future until it's too late and we have absolutely nothing at QB. We'll end up trading for another shitty backup or sign a piece of shit journeyman and will continue the endless cycle that is the Chiefs franchise.

ILChief
01-29-2017, 07:35 AM
Fire Reid/Dorsey and promote Toub/Ballard?

The Franchise
01-29-2017, 08:12 AM
CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reports Colts GM candidate Chris Ballard is "high" on Chiefs special teams coach Dave Toub as a head-coaching candidate.

La Canfora suggests Ballard could bring Toub to Indy in 2018 if Chuck Pagano indeed stays on as Colts head coach for another year. La Canfora does not believe owner Jim Irsay's intention to keep Pagano is a "deal breaker" in contract talks with Ballard, who has now interviewed twice for the Colts' GM vacancy. Either way, Toub is a name to keep in mind long term for Indianapolis.

pugsnotdrugs19
01-29-2017, 10:41 AM
CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reports Colts GM candidate Chris Ballard is "high" on Chiefs special teams coach Dave Toub as a head-coaching candidate.

La Canfora suggests Ballard could bring Toub to Indy in 2018 if Chuck Pagano indeed stays on as Colts head coach for another year. La Canfora does not believe owner Jim Irsay's intention to keep Pagano is a "deal breaker" in contract talks with Ballard, who has now interviewed twice for the Colts' GM vacancy. Either way, Toub is a name to keep in mind long term for Indianapolis.

Wouldn't be too bad really to lose them at seperate times, as we know that is going to happen anyway... just don't really want to lose both right now.

pugsnotdrugs19
01-29-2017, 11:05 AM
Also, I think at times we as fans put too much stock into a coaching staff.. don't get me wrong, you need a good one, perhaps great to win a SB.

But at the end of the day, talent trumps all. The greatest coaching staff with the 49ers roster isn't going anywhere. Hell, Denver basically replaced their whole staff after losing in the divisional round as the 2 seed and turned around and won the SB, because they had a shitload of talent on their defense and playmakers on O.

The Chiefs still have the raw talent on the roster to win 9-11 games. But then comes that playoff thing...

RunKC
01-29-2017, 11:13 AM
I think Brett Veach will be the guy who takes over for Ballard. He was a scout with Andy in Philadelphia and he's been the co-director of player personnel.

He's been groomed by Dorsey for 4 years just like Ballard. I think we'll be fine.

oldman
01-29-2017, 12:13 PM
I think as long as we keep Dorsey happy, we're fine. As far as I'm concerned, give the man a boatload of cash to keep doing what he's doing. When he feels it's time to pull the trigger on a QB he'll do it. Clark or any of the Hunts aren't against winning and if a legit QBotF is available, I have no doubt Dorsey will get him.

kcchiefsus
01-29-2017, 12:17 PM
I think as long as we keep Dorsey happy, we're fine. As far as I'm concerned, give the man a boatload of cash to keep doing what he's doing. When he feels it's time to pull the trigger on a QB he'll do it. Clark or any of the Hunts aren't against winning and if a legit QBotF is available, I have no doubt Dorsey will get him.

Fat chance of that. Either they won't pull the trigger or whatever plan they do have will be ruined after they inevitably screw it up.

Hammock Parties
01-29-2017, 12:25 PM

Dorsey isn't infallible. He already fucked up not picking Derek Carr.

If he fucks up in 2018 he's dead to me.

kcchiefsus
01-29-2017, 12:26 PM

This

TimBone
01-29-2017, 12:29 PM

Hahaha....so basically, even if Pagano stays on. He's staying on as a lame duck coach for a year.

What a waste of a year that would be for Colt's fans.

I like it.

chiefzilla1501
01-29-2017, 12:53 PM
Dorsey isn't infallible. He already ****ed up not picking Derek Carr.

If he ****s up in 2018 he's dead to me.

Dorsey has a tremendous eye for talent. Incredible.

But he owns some accountability for the current direction which is to load up on offensive talent, and force Sutton to work with what he has on defense. I know it's shades of Martyball, but if you're going to bring in Alex Smith, you load up on defense and a running game. If we had loaded up on defense, I think we'd have a powerhouse that would overcome our offensive warts. Don't get me wrong... I love Kelce, Maclin, Schwartz, and Fisher, but we have way too much money invested in a passing game that has not been nearly worth the investment.

New World Order
01-29-2017, 12:59 PM

But he owns some accountability for the current direction which is to load up on offensive talent, and force Sutton to work with what he has on defense. I know it's shades of Martyball, but if you're going to bring in Alex Smith, you load up on defense and a running game. If we had loaded up on defense, I think we'd have a powerhouse that would overcome our offensive warts. Don't get me wrong... I love Kelce, Maclin, Schwartz, and Fisher, but we have way too much money invested in a passing game that has not been nearly worth the investment.

The offense is a dumpster fire.

Hammock Parties
01-29-2017, 01:04 PM
The offense is a dumpster fire.

That's not entirely fair. The 2012 Chiefs were a dumpster fire offense.

This offense has flashes and at other times it's fucking shit.

But it's not because of the talent Dorsey has brought in.

RunKC
01-29-2017, 01:09 PM

"We were going to take you but we already had Alex"-Andy

Translation: John Dorsey scouted Derek Carr and had him at he top of the board, but Andy didn't want him bc he brought in Alex aka the QB he said he wanted for years.

Don't put this shit on Dorsey. We all know that was 100% Andy

RunKC
01-29-2017, 01:11 PM
lets just get this out of the way now: if John Dorsey had full control of the draft, Derek Carr would be a Kansas City Chief.

He doesn't. It's Andy despite the bullshit reporting structure.

KChiefs1
01-29-2017, 01:13 PM
lets just get this out of the way now: if John Dorsey had full control of the draft, Derek Carr would be a Kansas City Chief.

Then Andy needs to be fired.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KChiefs1
01-29-2017, 01:15 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Hearing Colts are definitely intrigued by Chiefs personnel man Chris Ballard and his preference would be Chief ST coach Dave Toub as his HC</p>— Jason La Canfora (@JasonLaCanfora) <a href="https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/825499974024716293">January 29, 2017</a></blockquote>

Ballard is obviously one of the brains in the Chiefs organization.

Hammock Parties
01-29-2017, 01:16 PM

It's an equal power share, so I'll blame both equally.

Despite the fact that he traded for Plummer, it didn't stop Shanahan from drafting Cutler.

milkman
01-29-2017, 01:17 PM

No, it isn't.

KChiefs1
01-29-2017, 01:17 PM
Fire Reid/Dorsey and promote Toub/Ballard?

Only if we acquire Andrew Luck in a trade.

pugsnotdrugs19
01-29-2017, 01:27 PM
According to Stephen Holder, Colts reporter:

"Was told by solid NFL source this morning that the rumored Chris Ballard-Dave Toub package is just that - rumor. Believes Pagano is staying. This source is not saying Ballard isn't possibly the guy. Just saying Toub isn't believed to be coming with him." via Twitter.

New World Order
01-29-2017, 01:33 PM
Trade Ballard for Luck

RunKC
01-29-2017, 01:34 PM
No, it isn't.

You've gotta be pretty damn naive to think Dorsey makes the call on the QB position. Dorsey scouts the players and Andy decides.

It's obvious.

jspchief
01-29-2017, 01:37 PM

I wonder if Ballard is willing to wait a year on hiring his coaches since it's so long into the "coach season".

RunKC
01-29-2017, 01:37 PM
It's an equal power share, so I'll blame both equally.

Despite the fact that he traded for Plummer, it didn't stop Shanahan from drafting Cutler.

This offseason will tell us all we need to know

New World Order
01-29-2017, 01:44 PM
This offseason will tell us all we need to know

What's the rule here with Alex. When is the deadline to cut him?

milkman
01-29-2017, 01:44 PM
You've gotta be pretty damn naive to think Dorsey makes the call on the QB position. Dorsey scouts the players and Andy decides.

It's obvious.

I don't think it's naive to think that they talk, and that Dorsey is willing to defer to Reid on that decision.

But I also think that Dorsey, like us, has probably seen enough, and if there's a QB early in this draft, or next, that he will pull the trigger.

Trading picks for Smith, and passing on Carr were bad decisions, but these guys have to work together, and Dorsey gave Reid what he wanted.

Chief Northman
01-29-2017, 01:59 PM
I don't think it's naive to think that they talk, and that Dorsey is willing to defer to Reid on that decision.

But I also think that Dorsey, like us, has probably seen enough, and if there's a QB early in this draft, or next, that he will pull the trigger.

Trading picks for Smith, and passing on Carr were bad decisions, but these guys have to work together, and Dorsey gave Reid what he wanted.

The Carr decision can be scrutinized, but are you suggesting the brass should have stayed with Cassel or draft Geno Smith? That would have resulted in Reid/Dorsey already being punted out of KC.....

Hammock Parties
01-29-2017, 02:03 PM
The Carr decision can be scrutinized, but are you suggesting the brass should have stayed with Cassel or draft Geno Smith? That would have resulted in Reid/Dorsey already being punted out of KC.....

Could have had Smith and Carr...and not extended Smith.

DaneMcCloud
01-29-2017, 02:11 PM

As usual, hyperbolic, epic dipshittery.

Houston, the Rams, Jacksonville, Oakland, Buffalo, Tampa, Cleveland, Minnesota, Tennesse, the Rams (again), Jets, Browns, Philly, Minnesota (again), Houston (again), Cleveland (again) - QB needy teams all - passed on Derek Carr.

He wasn't chosen until the 36th pick of the 2014 draft, so plenty of teams had questions about him.

Claynus, Claynus, Claynus.

RealSNR
01-29-2017, 02:27 PM
Thank God Pagano is sticking around to continue trudging the Colts through the dirt. Hopefully he'll stick around long enough to nullify Luck's career.

milkman
01-29-2017, 03:32 PM

I'm saying that they should have drafted Carr.

Many, if not most of us, were against the trade for Smith, but I think we all could have lived with that decision if, as Clay suggests in his post, they also would have drafted Carr.

Hoopsdoc
01-29-2017, 04:13 PM
Thank God Pagano is sticking around to continue trudging the Colts through the dirt. Hopefully he'll stick around long enough to nullify Luck's career.

He probably thanks God every day that he got cancer when he did. It was that whole ordeal that made Jim so fond of him and presumably why he refuses to fire him although he richly deserves it.

New World Order
01-29-2017, 04:14 PM
He probably thanks God every day that he got cancer when he did. It was that whole ordeal that made Jim so fond of him and presumably why he refuses to fire him although he richly deserves it.

Haha

Sure-Oz
01-29-2017, 05:08 PM
@RapSheet: The #Colts have hired GM Chris Ballard, formerly of the #Chiefs.

mdchiefsfan

Dorsey's damn near entire tenure here has beefed up the defense way more than offense:

Peters, Nelson, Gaines, Jones, Alexander, Ford, Johnson, Wilson, RNR, White

Vs.

Kelce, Fisher, LDT, Morse, Hill, Conley, Ehringer

Quesadilla Joe

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Colts?src=hash">#Colts</a> have hired GM Chris Ballard, formerly of the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Chiefs?src=hash">#Chiefs</a>.</p>&mdash; Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) <a href="https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/825842404813049858">January 29, 2017</a></blockquote>

Hammock Parties
01-29-2017, 05:09 PM

Damn our dynasty is being ravaged.

Buehler445
01-29-2017, 05:09 PM
:cuss:

RealSNR
01-29-2017, 05:11 PM
WBF

arrwheader
The worst part is it's the fucking Colts.

Chief Roundup
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Colts?src=hash">#Colts</a> have hired GM Chris Ballard, formerly of the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Chiefs?src=hash">#Chiefs</a>.</p>&mdash; Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) <a href="https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/825842404813049858">January 29, 2017</a></blockquote>

Hmm does this spell the end with Toub?

FlaChief58
01-29-2017, 05:12 PM
Just got an alert on NFL mobile. Ballard to the colts

Beethoven
01-29-2017, 05:19 PM
Fuck. This hurts. Chris Ballard is highly respected in the Chiefs organization.

Hoover
01-29-2017, 05:22 PM
Heh, a carrier pigeon just brought be a note saying that the Colts hired Ballard.

Wonder if Toub is next....

Quesadilla Joe
01-29-2017, 05:23 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">New <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Colts?src=hash">#Colts</a> GM Chris Ballard, who is planning for &#39;17 with coach Chuck Pagano as we speak, has been on the rise for years. Finds a great spot</p>&mdash; Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) <a href="https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/825845759534854144">January 29, 2017</a></blockquote>

RunKC
01-29-2017, 05:25 PM
Yup they are saying Chuck is staying. I would just quit f I was Chuck. They clearly want him gone.

At least Toub will be here another year

GloucesterChief
01-29-2017, 05:26 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">New <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Colts?src=hash">#Colts</a> GM Chris Ballard, who is planning for &#39;17 with coach Chuck Pagano as we speak, has been on the rise for years. Finds a great spot</p>&mdash; Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) <a href="https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/825845759534854144">January 29, 2017</a></blockquote>

I wouldn't say great. Luck is a good QB and Hilton is a good WR but there is a lot of trash on that roster. Houston, Tenn, and Jax look brighter right now.

TimBone
01-29-2017, 05:27 PM
Damn.

DaneMcCloud
01-29-2017, 05:28 PM
Yup they are saying Chuck is staying. I would just quit f I was Chuck. They clearly want him gone.

At least Toub will be here another year

Pagano signed a 4 year contract entension earlier this month.

If he quits, he won't receive a penny. If he's fired, he'll receive all of it (minus a likely offset).

He holds the keys.

Hoopsdoc
01-29-2017, 05:53 PM
Pagano signed a 4 year contract entension earlier this month.

If he quits, he won't receive a penny. If he's fired, he'll receive all of it (minus a likely offset).

He holds the keys.

They were extended at the end of last year.

DaneMcCloud
01-29-2017, 06:05 PM
They were extended at the end of last year.

Oh, my bad. I forgot that it's 2017.

pugsnotdrugs19
01-29-2017, 06:13 PM
I think Brett Veach will be the guy who takes over for Ballard. He was a scout with Andy in Philadelphia and he's been the co-director of player personnel.

He's been groomed by Dorsey for 4 years just like Ballard. I think we'll be fine.

An old tweet I found eludes to Veach playing a role in finding Spencer Ware...

pugsnotdrugs19
01-29-2017, 06:14 PM
"Next in line from Kansas City? Keep an eye on Brett Veach. Has been climbing the ladder there. Great reputation as a scout's scout" - @nfldraftscout (Matt Miller)

pugsnotdrugs19
01-29-2017, 06:18 PM
FYI, Chuck Pagano is officially staying as HC.

The Toub era lives on a little longer.

RunKC
01-29-2017, 06:19 PM
Louis Riddick

Current #Chiefs Co-Director of Player Personnel Brett Veach was THE very first person to pound table for Cox when he was a scout w/#Eagles.

pugsnotdrugs19
01-29-2017, 06:28 PM
Louis Riddick

Current #Chiefs Co-Director of Player Personnel Brett Veach was THE very first person to pound table for Cox when he was a scout w/#Eagles.

Apparently he played a big role in drafting DeSean Jackson in Philly too

RealSNR
01-29-2017, 07:15 PM
Louis Riddick

Look, as long as it's not hurting anybody, whatever he likes to do in his spare time is none of my business!

RealSNR
01-30-2017, 06:56 AM
Oh for fuck's sake.

POUND THE TABLE FOR COX!

I feel like I'm about to turn into fucking Hootie, you assholes

Pasta Little Brioni
01-30-2017, 08:56 AM
Who didn't want to pound prime Nikki Cox??

SAUTO
01-30-2017, 09:05 AM
Oh for fuck's sake.

POUND THE TABLE FOR COX!

I feel like I'm about to turn into fucking Hootie, you assholes

wasnt cox like a cant miss guy?

mcaj22
01-30-2017, 09:25 AM
wasnt cox like a cant miss guy?

yup but remember, there was no Dorsey to keep Reid in check and he had to deal with Howie Roseman (who is awful). They probably wanted to draft another 29 year old rookie guard with the first round pick for all we know. So as cant miss as he was, probably still had to convince the egos of the higher powers. I have a feeling thats what scouts here had to do with Fat Scott just to get the few good players we did.

notorious
01-30-2017, 09:32 AM
I feel like I'm about to turn into ****ing Hootie, you assholes

http://lastangryfan.com/wp-content/uploads/shocked.gif

wazu
01-30-2017, 10:54 AM
I wouldn't say great. Luck is a good QB and Hilton is a good WR but there is a lot of trash on that roster. Houston, Tenn, and Jax look brighter right now.

The trash on the roster is why he now has the job. He has Andrew Luck. The hard part is done.

The Franchise
01-30-2017, 10:55 AM
The trash on the roster is why he now has the job. He has Andrew Luck. The hard part is done.

Except he has to find a way to do it while dealing with Luck's huge ass contract.

Quesadilla Joe
01-30-2017, 11:39 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">A presser today, but Colts GM Chris Ballard intends to keep HC Chuck Pagano for 2017, then re-evaluate for 2018, per league sources.</p>&mdash; Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/826107082336239622">January 30, 2017</a></blockquote>

The Franchise
01-30-2017, 11:42 AM
Unless he was 100% sold on Toub....he'd be dumb to dump Pagano at this point. There isn't anyone out there left to be hired. Unless he could pull Kyle away from the 49ers.

Hoover
01-30-2017, 12:04 PM
Except he has to find a way to do it while dealing with Luck's huge ass contract.
I actually think the Colts are just a fee pieces away, mostly on defense.

They have plenty of cheap weapons for Luck. Need to draft a running back. Continue to draft some linemen, but they need an Identity on defense. They have 50M in cap space.

arrwheader
01-30-2017, 12:04 PM
Is Ballard leaving a sign that Dorsey is sticking around for awhile? Seems like it since the talk of Ballard being the guy to replace Dorsey if he left. If Dorsey was going to leave then you would think Ballard would have stayed. Unless he loves the Colts or something.

Hoover
01-30-2017, 12:08 PM
Is Ballard leaving a sign that Dorsey is sticking around for awhile? Seems like it since the talk of Ballard being the guy to replace Dorsey if he left. If Dorsey was going to leave then you would think Ballard would have stayed. Unless he loves the Colts or something.
Yes. There are only 32 jobs like this. Dorsey doesn't just have one of them, he has one of the best when you factor in Ownership. He's not leaving. He has KC in a great spot.

Hoover
01-30-2017, 12:10 PM
With the FA money the Colts have, I would not be surprised if they kick the tires on Poe.

arrwheader
01-30-2017, 12:13 PM
Yes. There are only 32 jobs like this. Dorsey doesn't just have one of them, he has one of the best when you factor in Ownership. He's not leaving. He has KC in a great spot.

I agree. I figured I would bring this up, and maybe someone already did earlier, but definitely points to him staying at his "dream job" for awhile.

arrwheader
01-30-2017, 12:14 PM
With the FA money the Colts have, I would not be surprised if they kick the tires on Poe.

I would think with in in depth knowledge our our players and organization he will attempt to lure a number of players his way if given the opportunity.

Hoover
01-30-2017, 12:17 PM
I would think with in in depth knowledge our our players and organization he will attempt to lure a number of players his way if given the opportunity.
Same thing Pioli did in Atlanta.

I'm fine with it. Only guy we need to keep away from them is Berry. He's a no-brainer for that Colts team IMO.

DJ's left nut
01-30-2017, 12:19 PM
Unless he was 100% sold on Toub....he'd be dumb to dump Pagano at this point. There isn't anyone out there left to be hired. Unless he could pull Kyle away from the 49ers.

If he has 4 years like Dorsey's first 4 years here in terms of draft productivity, that team will be a Super Bowl contender by year 3.

The worry that Ballard has to have is that he has a QB who pretty much ensures 6 wins a season so bottoming out is impossible. He'll be drafting from the middle of the round or worse every year.

That said, when you have the QB position solidified for a decade, drafting high in the round isn't as important as simply being smart, especially when you're in rounds 3 and later.

I can't think of a better job to get than the Colts gig.

I hope he fails miserably...

SAUTO
01-30-2017, 12:21 PM

supposedly kyle wanted lynch as the gm in SF...

Hoover
01-30-2017, 12:40 PM
supposedly kyle wanted lynch as the gm in SF...
So Kyle wanted a puppet GM.

That's never good.

Hoover
01-30-2017, 12:41 PM
If he has 4 years like Dorsey's first 4 years here in terms of draft productivity, that team will be a Super Bowl contender by year 3.

The worry that Ballard has to have is that he has a QB who pretty much ensures 6 wins a season so bottoming out is impossible. He'll be drafting from the middle of the round or worse every year.

That said, when you have the QB position solidified for a decade, drafting high in the round isn't as important as simply being smart, especially when you're in rounds 3 and later.

I can't think of a better job to get than the Colts gig.

I hope he fails miserably...
And I don't think it takes that long to be honest.

They get solid line play and some RB production you have a playoff team, even with that awful defense.

Buehler445
01-30-2017, 01:20 PM

They have plenty of cheap weapons for Luck. Need to draft a running back. Continue to draft some linemen, but they need an Identity on defense. They have 50M in cap space.

RB isn't that big of a deal. They just need someone who isn't trash. And you can find them for nothing. I don't think they need to spend significant draft capital on them.

RealSNR
01-30-2017, 02:27 PM

They have plenty of cheap weapons for Luck. Need to draft a running back or burn a 1st rounder trading for Cleveland's mistake Trent Richardson. Continue to draft some linemen, but they need an Identity on defense. They have 50M in cap space.

FYP

RunKC
01-30-2017, 03:40 PM
Ballard already talking about drafting fatties. Lol

Marcellus
01-30-2017, 03:50 PM

Does this mean you will go away for good this time? Is that possible?

ModSocks
01-30-2017, 04:14 PM

Good. It's not like they need a QB or WR's. Their priority SHOULD be drafting fatties.

Al Bundy
01-30-2017, 04:17 PM

They already have the QB, WR, RB, they should be hitting the trenches.

The Franchise
01-30-2017, 04:17 PM
They already have the QB, WR, RB, they should be hitting the trenches.

Frank Gore? ROFL

RunKC
01-30-2017, 04:19 PM
Guys relax it was a damn joke.

In all seriousness, I bet Ballard takes a pass rusher in the first rd

Al Bundy
01-30-2017, 05:13 PM
Frank Gore? ROFL

He is serviceable. The trenches are not for them.

Coochie liquor
01-30-2017, 05:44 PM

He's gonna go to Dungver. I hope they don't steal Berry away!!

Mr. Laz
01-31-2017, 01:01 AM
Who didn't want to pound prime Nikki Cox??
She was smoking hot until she caught the cosmetic surgery bug. Totally fucked her up.

http://www.plasticsurgeryindex.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/nikki-cox-before-and-after-02.jpg

Indian Chief
01-31-2017, 01:54 AM
She was smoking hot until she caught the cosmetic surgery bug. Totally ****ed her up.

http://www.plasticsurgeryindex.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/nikki-cox-before-and-after-02.jpg

Seriously. Such a shame.

kccrow
01-31-2017, 05:30 AM
If I'm the Colts, I'm selective about some big boy free agents to bring the talent level up in some areas and don't worry about alot of the small fries until later on.

1. Kevin Zeitler, RG, Cincinnati - He immediately gives that offensive line a quality interior with Kelly and Mewhort.

2. Zach Brown, ILB, Buffalo - Even though this is the guy I want KC to sign, he makes as much sense in Indy. Immediately shores up one of those ILB spots and gives them a more physical identity.

3. Chandler Jones, OLB, Arizona - This team will need to restock their pass rush on both sides if they want to have any success going forward.

I think they then need to go out and spend their top 3 picks on OLB, CB, and RB if they can get those free agent guys in house. We'll see what happens.

One way or another, they have to address their linebackers, right guard, cornerback, running back, and maybe take a stab at left tackle if the stars align.

Hoover
01-31-2017, 08:44 AM
If I'm the Colts, I'm selective about some big boy free agents to bring the talent level up in some areas and don't worry about alot of the small fries until later on.

1. Kevin Zeitler, RG, Cincinnati - He immediately gives that offensive line a quality interior with Kelly and Mewhort.

2. Zach Brown, ILB, Buffalo - Even though this is the guy I want KC to sign, he makes as much sense in Indy. Immediately shores up one of those ILB spots and gives them a more physical identity.

3. Chandler Jones, OLB, Arizona - This team will need to restock their pass rush on both sides if they want to have any success going forward.

I think they then need to go out and spend their top 3 picks on OLB, CB, and RB if they can get those free agent guys in house. We'll see what happens.

One way or another, they have to address their linebackers, right guard, cornerback, running back, and maybe take a stab at left tackle if the stars align.

Spot on. This is exactly how you use free agency.

It's how KC used it with Maclin and Schwartz. You have a position group that needs to be solidified. I think free agency buys you time. You have to be very selective.

RunKC
01-31-2017, 08:56 AM
Cardinals said they are franchising Chandler Jones if they can't get a deal done with him

Pasta Little Brioni
01-31-2017, 10:25 AM
I think everyone but crow realized that

RunKC
05-09-2017, 10:49 AM
Kimberly A. Martin

Sources: #Jets sr. dir of college scouting Rex Hogan expected to join #Colts. So is #Seahawks exec Ed Dodds

Wow Ballard just got the Seahawks Senior Personnel Exec. Very highly regarded. Colts are gonna be good for a long time. Definitely see more Chiefs/Colts playoff games in the future as unfortunate as this sounds.

Pasta Little Brioni
05-09-2017, 10:51 AM
Yeah a Jets college scout suuuuure is frightening

RunKC
05-09-2017, 10:52 AM
Carr and Luck are the premiere guys after Brady retires. Mahomes could be that next one.

Damn there could be some fun playoff games in the future of the AFC

CapsLockKey
05-09-2017, 05:16 PM
Carr and Luck are the premiere guys after Brady retires. Mahomes could be that next one.

Damn there could be some fun playoff games in the future of the AFC
Marriota could enter that group as well. He was on fire for a while last season with jack shit for WRs.

Pasta Little Brioni
05-09-2017, 05:25 PM
Tits are nuch more dangerous than a flawed Colt team

Chief Northman
05-09-2017, 05:34 PM
Kimberly A. Martin

Sources: #Jets sr. dir of college scouting Rex Hogan expected to join #Colts. So is #Seahawks exec Ed Dodds

Wow Ballard just got the Seahawks Senior Personnel Exec. Very highly regarded. Colts are gonna be good for a long time. Definitely see more Chiefs/Colts playoff games in the future as unfortunate as this sounds.

Dodds is a good football man. Ballard will right that ship out in Indy quickly. Pagano best be on notice.