PDA

View Full Version : Life Feeling Down Today

Chiefspants
01-27-2017, 12:44 PM
It looks as though I'm on the verge of falling out with a close irl edit*(in real life) friend that I have had for 7 years. I can't really go into specifics, but mixing work with friendship (even when it happens naturally) is a difficult balance.

I'm pretty down about it. Does anyone have experience with this type of thing and want to share? I could truly use some perspective here.

Also feel free to use this thread to post gifs or anything funny - or not, it could also be a roast of all things Chiefspants.

inb4 - "Chiefspants has irl friends?!", "Who is Chiefspants?" and "A concoction of antifreeze will ease the pain."

Thanks, everybody.

Spott
01-27-2017, 12:45 PM
Masturbation should cheer you up.

Demonpenz
01-27-2017, 12:46 PM
I don't know how old you are, but family is the only thing that is a lifetime commitment. Everything else comes and goes.

Chiefspants
01-27-2017, 12:50 PM
I don't know how old you are, but family is the only thing that is a lifetime commitment. Everything else comes and goes.

I'm on the early side of 24.

Rasputin
01-27-2017, 12:51 PM
(You weren't in before)

PIIHB

Rasputin
01-27-2017, 12:52 PM
(You weren't in before)

PIIHB

This could salvage your friendship.

gblowfish
01-27-2017, 12:53 PM
I've avoided going into business with close friends for just this reason. I've always tried to keep my professional and personal lives as separate as possible.

Chiefspants
01-27-2017, 12:58 PM
I've avoided going into business with close friends for just this reason. I've always tried to keep my professional and personal lives as separate as possible.

It's a lesson I'm definitely going to heed in the future. It was hard to evaluate those kinds of risks since the business venture started when I was around 18.

DaneMcCloud
01-27-2017, 01:04 PM
It's a lesson I'm definitely going to heed in the future. It was hard to evaluate those kinds of risks when the business venture started around the time I was 18.

My dad taught me early on to never go into business with friends.

Of course, I didn't listen and went in on a musical item with a friend at age 15, which turned into a disaster and pretty much led to us having a falling out that lasted decades.

I learned my lesson the hard way, as most of us tend to do in life.

Good luck, man, and hopefully, it won't be decades before you reconnect.

LoneWolf
01-27-2017, 01:05 PM
It's a lesson I'm definitely going to heed in the future. It was hard to evaluate those kinds of risks when the business venture started around the time I was 18.

I'm sure you'll be able to find someone else to run the weed eater while you run the lawn mower.

Halfcan
01-27-2017, 01:08 PM
with a close irl friend

Please explain to an old guy-what this means? I am not hip to you young whipper snappers jive.

I can't offer bad advice until I have all the facts.

Chiefspants
01-27-2017, 01:09 PM
with a close irl friend

Please explain to an old guy-what this means? I am not hip to you young whipper snappers jive.

I can't offer bad advice until I have all the facts.

Absolutely. It means a friend "in real life". Making this friend distinctive from someone I may know only on say, Reddit or Chiefsplanet. I'll edit the original post.

stevieray
01-27-2017, 01:13 PM
people grow apart...for whatever reason

I've lost friends i thought I'd have forever.

...it sucks, but let it go.

don't let it become a regret by wasting time on lamenting and hanging on.

Halfcan
01-27-2017, 01:20 PM
Absolutely, "in real life" friend. I'll edit the OP.

Okay -gotcha- as opposed to an internet girlfriend you talk dirty to-that turns out to be a dude. :D

Well as an "old school" guy- if you are my true friend-i will give the shirt off my back. And I have.

But things are Much different now-friendship does not mean the same. I have learned that the hard way- as I have grown old and watched my friends-close as brothers only think of themselves. Just recently asking friends and family to help me stop the abuse of my grandson-I was ignored. 40 year friends-acted like I was some beggar with my shine box.

I don't think it is just a generation thing either. I think it is acceptable now days to be selfish and turn your back on anything that does not instantly appease your inner child.

What was the your question again? :) I am sure that does not help at all. See what I did there-ignored your problem and made it all about myself and my pity party.

Demonpenz
01-27-2017, 01:21 PM
Here is what you need to do, and it is a bitch. Rain falls on the just and unjust alike. So shit falls apart for everyone. You are not alone so don't blow this up to be something that it isn't. The sun will rise tomorrow and you will get past it. Your battle in life is 100 percent mental. If you can cope with your brain or come to realize that everything out in the world is just bullshit and the real game is how to look at situations, then you are on your way to getting past this shit. Evaluate why you feel bad or down. Does this hurt your money, does this hurt your social status? Oh fucking well that shit will come back and leave again, what stays is your character or integrity. So get out a piece of paper and have a plan and start working that plan until all this is behind you. If you fuck up on your plan try to get back on course quickly and know that most people just do dumb shit all their lives then get aids and die. Thanks for the rep and you can paypal me money at any point.

Lumpy
01-27-2017, 01:32 PM
people grow apart...for whatever reason

I've lost friends i thought I'd have forever.

...it sucks, but let it go.

don't let it become a regret by wasting time on lamenting and hanging on.

I agree with you, stevie. It's difficult to let go but it's better than being the only one who wants to hold on. Some people let pride or something else get in the way of their decision to not maintain a friendship. So, if they want to walk away, wish them well and move on.

scho63
01-27-2017, 01:42 PM

I got underwear older than you.....:D

Pasta Little Brioni
01-27-2017, 01:46 PM
What are you 15? It's not fam, significant other? Who cares?

Chiefspants
01-27-2017, 01:46 PM
What are you 15? Who cares?

Pretty much.

What are you 15? It's not fam, significant other? Who cares?

This too.

Demonpenz
01-27-2017, 01:51 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/VH928eCYM2Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Buehler445
01-27-2017, 02:04 PM
Everybody knows don't get into business with family (says the douchebag farming his family farm). It really means that business is inherently risky and sometimes doesn't work out and you need to walk away. Accordingly, you have to be prepared to walk away. As such, you can't do business with people you aren't prepared to walk away from.

As far as recommendations, my recommendation is to set emotion aside, and be open and honest about communication, expectations, and what went wrong.

Be amicable the entire time and maybe your relationship can be salvaged.

Best of luck, man.

Chiefspants
01-27-2017, 02:12 PM
Everybody knows don't get into business with family (says the douchebag farming his family farm). It really means that business is inherently risky and sometimes doesn't work out and you need to walk away. Accordingly, you have to be prepared to walk away. As such, you can't do business with people you aren't prepared to walk away from.

As far as recommendations, my recommendation is to set emotion aside, and be open and honest about communication, expectations, and what went wrong.

Be amicable the entire time and maybe your relationship can be salvaged.

Best of luck, man.

For a little background on the business side. The venture is actually going well. Quite well, much better than any of us could have envisioned as teenagers. We're not rolling in the Benjamins by any means, but I feel confident in saying the work we do is effective and serves a real purpose. Our problems have, ultimately, grown the more we have expanded our operations.

To those saying "who cares?" You're right in a way and I fully understand where you're coming from. This guy was one of my truest friends and someone I worked with almost every day in some the formative years of my life. I know I'll be okay, even if we don't talk again, but today I've been hit relatively hard with this development.

Pasta Little Brioni
01-27-2017, 02:24 PM
Guess he isn't a true friend then. His choice to be a friend.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
01-27-2017, 04:54 PM
Here is what you need to do, and it is a bitch. Rain falls on the just and unjust alike. So shit falls apart for everyone. You are not alone so don't blow this up to be something that it isn't. The sun will rise tomorrow and you will get past it. Your battle in life is 100 percent mental. If you can cope with your brain or come to realize that everything out in the world is just bullshit and the real game is how to look at situations, then you are on your way to getting past this shit. Evaluate why you feel bad or down. Does this hurt your money, does this hurt your social status? Oh ****ing well that shit will come back and leave again, what stays is your character or integrity. So get out a piece of paper and have a plan and start working that plan until all this is behind you. If you **** up on your plan try to get back on course quickly and know that most people just do dumb shit all their lives then get aids and die. Thanks for the rep and you can paypal me money at any point.

Word.

eDave
01-27-2017, 05:02 PM
I have no friendships in my professional life. That life is just that.

Hog's Gone Fishin
01-27-2017, 08:24 PM

Or make you hate your job

Tombstone RJ
01-27-2017, 08:28 PM
Here is what you need to do, and it is a bitch. Rain falls on the just and unjust alike. So shit falls apart for everyone. You are not alone so don't blow this up to be something that it isn't. The sun will rise tomorrow and you will get past it. Your battle in life is 100 percent mental. If you can cope with your brain or come to realize that everything out in the world is just bullshit and the real game is how to look at situations, then you are on your way to getting past this shit. Evaluate why you feel bad or down. Does this hurt your money, does this hurt your social status? Oh ****ing well that shit will come back and leave again, what stays is your character or integrity. So get out a piece of paper and have a plan and start working that plan until all this is behind you. If you **** up on your plan try to get back on course quickly and know that most people just do dumb shit all their lives then get aids and die. Thanks for the rep and you can paypal me money at any point.

tldr...

Tombstone RJ
01-27-2017, 08:31 PM
and grow up. You're 24. But you're acting like a 13 year old girl with a Bieber poster on her teeny bopper wall...

Mr. Laz
01-27-2017, 08:33 PM
Always works for me. :thumb:

Spott
01-27-2017, 08:40 PM
Absolutely. It means a friend "in real life". Making this friend distinctive from someone I may know only on say, Reddit or Chiefsplanet. I'll edit the original post.

Well, I told you masturbation would help because I thought you were either spelling girlfriend wrong or the "g" key on your keyboard didn't work. I think it may also be useful in this scenario, but for different reasons. :)

Chiefspants
01-27-2017, 08:50 PM
and grow up. You're 24. But you're acting like a 13 year old girl with a Bieber poster on her teeny bopper wall...

Also true.

Dave Lane
01-27-2017, 09:06 PM
Never feel down. I'm almost 3 times your age and I will promise you one thing, the path is always upward. Every relationship that has ended has been replaced by a better one. Every friend by a better one. You know why? Because from such endings comes experience, and wisdom and the ability to better discern people that are not only great people but compatible with what makes you the best person you can be.

Experience is a great teacher after the fact, but you can learn from others.

SAUTO
01-27-2017, 09:53 PM
Never feel down. I'm almost 3 times your age and I will promise you one thing, the path is always upward. Every relationship that has ended has been replaced by a better one. Every friend by a better one. You know why? Because from such endings comes experience, and wisdom and the ability to better discern people that are not only great people but compatible with what makes you the best person you can be.

Experience is a great teacher after the fact, but you can learn from others.
Great advice. I've found the same in my experiences.

Buzz
01-27-2017, 10:08 PM
Great advice. I've found the same in my experiences.

and too bad you can't pass that knowledge on.

Keral
01-28-2017, 07:51 AM
You should take support from you family members in this case. Because they are your best friends. And you can share everything with them. Henceforth, the outside member can't do anything about this matter. So it's better to share with them.

Rasputin
01-28-2017, 08:05 AM
You should take support from you family members in this case. Because they are your best friends. And you can share everything with them. Henceforth, the outside member can't do anything about this matter. So it's better to share with them.

Not all families are close and maybe that is what is bothering OP so much that he felt like his bestie irl friend was more like family member than friend.

I don't tell my brother everything that's bothering me or when I'm really down I tend to isolate from family. So reaching out here to unknown people may have been his best option because when you are not thinking clearly reaching out is a way to go.

He knew he would get some smart ass remarks and I think he embraced them just incase so in OP he did a pre notion for those. I admire the guy for reaching out here I really do and it was quite frankly a brave thing of him. Because people are assholes waiting to pounce. It's true.

Buehler445
01-28-2017, 08:18 AM
Not all families are close and maybe that is what is bothering OP so much that he felt like his bestie irl friend was more like family member than friend.

I don't tell my brother everything that's bothering me or when I'm really down I tend to isolate from family. So reaching out here to unknown people may have been his best option because when you are not thinking clearly reaching out is a way to go.

He knew he would get some smart ass remarks and I think he embraced them just incase so in OP he did a pre notion for those. I admire the guy for reaching out here I really do and it was quite frankly a brave thing of him. Because people are assholes waiting to pounce. It's true.

This. The biggest cunt I know happens to be my sister.

Rasputin
01-28-2017, 08:30 AM
This. The biggest cunt I know happens to be my sister.

Would it help if I piihb?

I would do that for you Buehler445

Buehler445
01-28-2017, 09:03 AM
Would it help if I piihb?

I would do that for you Buehler445

I'd prefer it that way. At least she couldn't get pregnant again.

Rasputin
01-28-2017, 09:13 AM
I'd prefer it that way. At least she couldn't get pregnant again.

Is she psycho? Cuz I can spot a psycho. The other night I worked a unit and a RN came in at 3am and I thought hey not bad defiantly had an attractive look and body. So in between my 30 minute checks I started chit chat with her. That was a mistake I soon regretted. She wouldn't shut the fuck up and went on about an ex shot her in the leg with buck shot and I'm thinking I could imagine why as she went on about her personal life. Psycho RN on the spot.

So none of my business why you don't get along just wondering if I would get along with her?

Oh and no more babies for me I'd rather be single than with a girl who wants kids.

Hoopsdoc
01-28-2017, 10:07 AM

I've tried to teach my kids this from their birth. Family is the only thing you're born with and die with. Everyone and everything else comes and goes.

Demonpenz
01-28-2017, 10:15 AM
I've tried to teach my kids this from their birth. Family is the only thing you're born with and die with. Everyone and everything else comes and goes.

I didn't realize it until I was in my 30's and you start to put on your big boy pants and see that everyone is out to get theirs, but family are there for life.

Rasputin
01-28-2017, 10:22 AM

Sadly not everyone is blessed with family to count on. That's where friends can become like family.

Buehler445
01-28-2017, 10:44 AM
Is she psycho? Cuz I can spot a psycho. The other night I worked a unit and a RN came in at 3am and I thought hey not bad defiantly had an attractive look and body. So in between my 30 minute checks I started chit chat with her. That was a mistake I soon regretted. She wouldn't shut the fuck up and went on about an ex shot her in the leg with buck shot and I'm thinking I could imagine why as she went on about her personal life. Psycho RN on the spot.

So none of my business why you don't get along just wondering if I would get along with her?

Oh and no more babies for me I'd rather be single than with a girl who wants kids.

She's psycho.

Rasputin
01-28-2017, 10:56 AM
She's psycho.

Bummer

Rasputin
01-28-2017, 10:57 AM
She's psycho.

Ok but I'd still piihb if it help because we are pals and all. What are friends for?

bevischief
01-28-2017, 11:02 AM
Life moves on and the sun will rise and set tomorrow. The Chiefs are stuck with Smith for another year at least...

wazu
01-28-2017, 11:04 AM
Had a severe falling out with a friend years back over a failed business venture that we had both risked much on. The devastation over the failed attempt was magnified by the loss of several friends. I tried to hold onto the friendships. We are still "Facebook" friends, but the desire to actually get together and hang out is gone and probably not coming back.

Best advice I can give is to move on, forgive any injustices that were done to you whether they are sorry or not, and forgive yourself for whatever part you had in it. No use hanging on.

Rasputin
01-28-2017, 11:06 AM
Life moves on and the sun will rise and set tomorrow. The Chiefs are stuck with Smith for another year at least...

Oh geeze trying cheer a guy that's down up and you bring this into the thread?

Why don't you just pass out razor blades and teach us how to slice an artery?

Thanks Debbie Downer.

bricks
01-28-2017, 11:08 AM

Nonsense man:shake:

Why do you gotta be a dick about this to the guy?

He is feel down which is natural considering the circumstance he is involved in.

He is just trying to reach out and is asking for other people's perspectives about his situation. Where did he act like a 13 year old? That's just you being condescending and you expose yourself as not the greatest person to talk to in difficult situations. I certainly wouldn't rely on you for advice that's for sure:rolleyes:

Rasputin
01-28-2017, 11:43 AM
Had a severe falling out with a friend years back over a failed business venture that we had both risked much on. The devastation over the failed attempt was magnified by the loss of several friends. I tried to hold onto the friendships. We are still "Facebook" friends, but the desire to actually get together and hang out is gone and probably not coming back.

Best advice I can give is to move on, forgive any injustices that were done to you whether they are sorry or not, and forgive yourself for whatever part you had in it. No use hanging on.

Forgiveness is powerful stuff. Forgive them for your own sake and let go. Not just forgive but also let go and move on.

Nice post wazu

SAUTO
01-28-2017, 12:57 PM
and too bad you can't pass that knowledge on.

You CAN but they have gotta trust you and listen

Dave Lane
01-28-2017, 01:03 PM
You CAN but they have gotta trust you and listen

So you are saying you can't pass it on then :D

SAUTO
01-28-2017, 01:06 PM
So you are saying you can't pass it on then :D

Basically.

And since I've been in business I have hired and fired no less than three of my best friends.

They knew when I fired them they all deserved it and we are still the same friends we were before. I've been lucky.

Dave Lane
01-28-2017, 01:09 PM
Basically.

And since I've been in business I have hired and fired no less than three of my best friends.

They knew when I fired them they all deserved it and we are still the same friends we were before. I've been lucky.

Thats a tough deal, kudos to you for being able to handle that and still maintain the friendship.

IowaHawkeyeChief
01-28-2017, 01:09 PM
We are dudes... The rules:

If he hit on a girly you liked, hit on your actual girl , hurt your family or stole from you walk away.

If it is something else, confront the issue and get on with your friendship.

Women hold grudges for years over stupid garbage, Men can scream and yell, even fistfight, and forget everything once its settled and its never brought up again...

If you are truly men, which you are at 24, tell him why you are upset and fix it. If he doesn't want to fix it then move on.

Good luck... you can't buy the knowledge you will get from this experience.

SAUTO
01-28-2017, 01:10 PM
Thats a tough deal, kudos to you for being able to handle that and still maintain the friendship.

Oh it gave me a reason to drink too much for a couple days leading up to it each time, that's for sure.

burt
01-28-2017, 01:53 PM

I got socks older than you.....

burt
01-28-2017, 01:54 PM
Oh it gave me a reason to drink too much for a couple days leading up to it each time, that's for sure.

You should NEVER need a reason.... just do it.

SAUTO
01-28-2017, 02:31 PM
You should NEVER need a reason.... just do it.

I do it my fair share, and a couple other people's fair share too

burt
01-28-2017, 06:17 PM
I do it my fair share, and a couple other people's fair share too

I drink more tequila than a small Mexican Pueblo...Well did, now that we're pissing of Mexico, I may have to switch back to Crown Royal.

Rain Man
01-28-2017, 08:44 PM
I've only lost one true friend, and figured it was permanent. But after ten years she showed back up, we apologized, and we're pals again. If it's a true friendship it'll come back.

ptlyon
01-29-2017, 09:44 AM
I've only lost one true friend, and figured it was permanent. But after ten years she showed back up, we apologized, and we're pals again. If it's a true friendship it'll come back.

Just don't PIIHB again, mister!

oldman
01-29-2017, 12:17 PM
We are dudes... The rules:

If he hit on a girly you liked, hit on your actual girl , hurt your family or stole from you walk away.

If it is something else, confront the issue and get on with your friendship.

Women hold grudges for years over stupid garbage, Men can scream and yell, even fistfight, and forget everything once its settled and its never brought up again...

If you are truly men, which you are at 24, tell him why you are upset and fix it. If he doesn't want to fix it then move on.

Good luck... you can't buy the knowledge you will get from this experience.

Pretty solid advice.

ping2000
01-29-2017, 05:23 PM
Ka'doo's to you from all of us.

Keral
01-30-2017, 04:22 AM

Yes, you are right that not all families are not free and open minded. This is the problem himself. So that, he couldn't express everything to them.

Bigdaddy
01-30-2017, 04:44 AM
Redtube.com will cheer you up.

Iowanian
01-30-2017, 01:39 PM
I think the friend is a chic.

This is where I'd insert a meme of a little guy carrying a fat girl with a quote about him trying to pack her out of the friend zone but getting shut down.

Hoover
01-30-2017, 01:59 PM
7 year relationship at age 24 WTF dude.

Go out and have some fun.

eDave
01-30-2017, 02:01 PM
I think the friend is a chic.

This is where I'd insert a meme of a little guy carrying a fat girl with a quote about him trying to pack her out of the friend zone but getting shut down.

Gotta be. No one vag's out over another dude.

UnLESS...

Iowanian
01-30-2017, 02:04 PM
We did this thread before.

It was called "Is Love worth losing your best friend".

Hoover
01-30-2017, 02:08 PM
I've lost a good firend.

This girl he was dating was outstanding. Way too good for his loser ass. So I swooped in.

Lost a friend, found my wife.

If there is something you really want in life, go after it.

Same rules apply in business.

Pasta Little Brioni
01-30-2017, 02:10 PM
So, underpants is jealous of his buddy plowing his crush??

Rain Man
01-30-2017, 02:31 PM
I've lost a good firend.

This girl he was dating was outstanding. Way too good for his loser ass. So I swooped in.

Lost a friend, found my wife.

If there is something you really want in life, go after it.

Same rules apply in business.

Note: if having dinner with Hoover, be sure to grab the last roll before he goes after it.

ptlyon
01-30-2017, 02:32 PM
Note: if having dinner with Hoover, be sure to grab the last roll before he goes after it.

Last roll as in her roll?

Pasta Little Brioni
01-30-2017, 02:33 PM

He won't pass the butter either

Rain Man
01-30-2017, 02:34 PM
Last roll as in her roll?

I'm not sure. I've never met his wife.

ptlyon
01-30-2017, 02:34 PM

If you play your cards right she'll already be buttered

Rain Man
01-30-2017, 02:37 PM

That's inexcusable. No one stands between me and my butter. Bread without butter is ... well, it's still delicious, but it's indescribably more delicious with butter.

On a side note, I went to a retirement dinner last week for someone I didn't really know (marketing reasons), and they had the best retirement dinner food I've ever had. I was quite impressed. I thought about that because I was at a ten-person table and I was on the opposite side from the butter, which caused me consternation until someone finally started passing it around.

Iowanian
01-30-2017, 02:40 PM
I feel like making political ads against Hoover now.

Hoover steals dinner rolls. Hoover steals your girl. Hoover has alligator arms at check time.

Hoover, ain't nobody got time for that.

..really small, fast scrolling fine print.
*I've had dinner with Hoover, I do not recall him eating the last roll, stiffing me with the check or stealing my woman.

ptlyon
01-30-2017, 02:49 PM
*I've had dinner with Hoover, I do not recall him eating the last roll, stiffing me with the check or stealing my woman.

That's cuz he knows you'll kick his ass. All are open game for a good ass kicking.

Hoover
01-30-2017, 03:55 PM
I feel like making political ads against Hoover now.

Hoover steals dinner rolls. Hoover steals your girl. Hoover has alligator arms at check time.

Hoover, ain't nobody got time for that.

Actually, these are all true traits, so go ahead and run your negative ads Iowanian. Meanwhile, my team has already generated multiple attack ads to respond with.

I really do think one of the best traits on can have is being assertive. Now most who know me would never describe me that way. Be assertive and aggressive over things that actually matter. So yeah, in there is a one dinner roll left in the basket after going around the table, I'm going to grab it. If I don't like the pre-plated dessert at my spot at the table but that cheesecake at the place next to me catches my eye, I'm going to do the switch.

Just last week I had a vendor come in and tell me they screwed up and didn't bill me correctly for the past year and now I owe them $16,000. I just laughed at him. Told him I really liked him personally, but I view his company like a satellite cable provider and that I'm more than willing to drop him and give his competitor a shot at my business. LOL Helped I had a bunch of shit from his main competitor all over my desk when he came in.

Hoover
01-30-2017, 03:56 PM
That's cuz he knows you'll kick his ass. All are open game for a good ass kicking.
Yes, Iowanian could probably kick my ass, but if he tried my wife would probably shoot him dead. She's pretty protective of her man! I'm serious, she kicks ass, I wouldn't fu@k with her.

Iowanian
01-30-2017, 05:20 PM
Actually, these are all true traits, so go ahead and run your negative ads Iowanian. Meanwhile, my team has already generated multiple attack ads to respond with.

Just last week I had a vendor come in and tell me they screwed up and didn't bill me correctly for the past year and now I owe them $16,000. I just laughed at him. Told him I really liked him personally, but I view his company like a satellite cable provider and that I'm more than willing to drop him and give his competitor a shot at my business. LOL Helped I had a bunch of shit from his main competitor all over my desk when he came in.

We're currently working on a poetic response....Walmart Americans LOVE easy to remember jingles and clever play of words....We're going to dominate your own demographic!

Iowanian
01-30-2017, 05:21 PM
Chiefpants.

Punch yourself down in that area where your nuts are supposed to be, go to the nearest MAN-garage and pound some nails into a block of wood or something.

Buehler445
01-30-2017, 07:37 PM

I really do think one of the best traits on can have is being assertive. Now most who know me would never describe me that way. Be assertive and aggressive over things that actually matter. So yeah, in there is a one dinner roll left in the basket after going around the table, I'm going to grab it. If I don't like the pre-plated dessert at my spot at the table but that cheesecake at the place next to me catches my eye, I'm going to do the switch.

LOL. Earlier this year the coop fertilizer department showed up at the office. I said come on in. Well, it didn't occur to me that I was trying to reconcile my spray bills and wanted to make sure I had all the right prices. I buy all my chemical from a different local company that dad does some farming for. They take really good care of me and are always cheaper than coop, so they get every gallon of business. Well, I had EVERY invoice out spread across my desk. God I felt like an asshole.

I ended up prepaying a mountain of fertilizer a couple months later so I feel better about it.

Buehler445
01-30-2017, 07:38 PM
But I fail to see how getting the last dinner roll is being assertive over things that really mater. :)

Rain Man
01-30-2017, 07:42 PM
We're currently working on a poetic response....Walmart Americans LOVE easy to remember jingles and clever play of words....We're going to dominate your own demographic!

Who steals your girl
And eats your hams
Who drinks your water
It's Hoover, damn!

Chiefspants
01-30-2017, 08:01 PM
Chiefpants.

Punch yourself down in that area where your nuts are supposed to be, go to the nearest MAN-garage and pound some nails into a block of wood or something.

Will one do or should I punch the area repeatedly?

Iowanian
01-30-2017, 08:21 PM
Apply as needed.

Buzz
01-30-2017, 08:41 PM
She was a nice piece of ass, I wasn't the only one, he just didn't see the shit storm right in front of his eye's. 18 can be a bitch, miss that dude.

Rain Man
01-30-2017, 09:07 PM
Will one do or should I punch the area repeatedly?

If something is worth doing once, it's worth doing more than once. That's my motto anyway.

BlackHelicopters
01-31-2017, 10:38 AM
Do everything once. Take options on seconds.