PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Alex Smith will be the Chiefs’ QB in 2017, but he knows the pressure is on

Hammock Parties
01-29-2017, 09:36 PM
http://www.kansascity.com/sports/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/article129534259.html#storylink=cpy

ORLANDO, Fla.

More than anybody, Alex Smith knew what was at stake this postseason, and how the Chiefs’ performance would shape the perception of his ceiling as a quarterback.

So when Smith posted his fourth-lowest passer rating of the season in the Chiefs’ 18-16 divisional-round home loss to Pittsburgh — and his coach, Andy Reid didn’t offer a strong, immediate vote of confidence the day after the game — the 32-year old wasn’t surprised when chatter started increasing about finding a replacement.

“Do you hear it a little bit? Without a doubt,” Smith said at the Pro Bowl this week. “The nice thing is I don’t have social media, so that helps.”

But here’s what most didn’t know: Shortly after the season came to an end, Reid conducted his customary exit interview with Smith, and the impression Smith got in that conversation is that he would be Reid’s quarterback again in 2017.

And after Smith was added to the Pro Bowl roster as a replacement, he and Reid — who is coaching the AFC squad along with the rest of the Chiefs’ coaching staff — had multiple discussions about 2017, and where they both need to improve.

“We’ve talked a lot, and for sure, the talk was just the sense of urgency — (him saying) ‘let’s go get it, you and me,’ ” Smith said. “For both of us, I think you realize the opportunities are less and less. You can’t take them all for granted. We all felt like we had an awesome opportunity and we didn’t get it done. So even more so, let’s press on the gas and let’s go.”

And if you needed any further proof Smith will be the Chiefs’ signal-caller in 2017, Reid told reinforced that message to The Star over the weekend.

“Alex is our quarterback — there’s no question about that or anything else,” Reid said. “I surely didn’t want to insinuate that (was not the case) at all.”

Reid said Smith — who completed 67.1 percent of his passes with 20 total touchdowns and eight interceptions — did “a good job” this year, and that he expects him to continue to make small improvements in his game next year.

“The work’s never done — he’ll continue to improve,” Reid said. “There won’t be the huge jumps, but there will be little things he’ll continue to get better at.

“But he’s pretty good right now, though.”

One of the areas in which Smith wants to continue to improve is in throwing receivers open. That’s what the best — such as Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers — do, and it lifts the play of their teammates, because they can fit balls into tight spaces and increase their team’s margin for error.

“You have to, I think,” Smith said. “You’re not going to complete a lot of balls if you’re just waiting all the time.”

Smith did have some missed shots he wanted to have back in the Steelers loss. One, in particular, stood out, when Tyreek Hill broke open down the left sideline and Smith failed to see him, though it turns out there was a good reason for that.

“I knew all week the way (the Steelers) play, they’d lose guys here and there,” Smith said. “And the hard part, as a quarterback, is when a guy that’s not in your progression blows open because you’re not looking. Sometimes you fall into those and sometimes you miss them and you’re like ‘God if I would have just seen Tyreek over there.’ ”

Smith also regrets the first-half interception he threw when he got hit by a free blitzer. Had he had a split-second longer, it could have gone for a huge gain to Chris Conley, who broke open after the defensive back fell down.

“It’s such a big swing there — you hit that, it’s a huge dagger,” Smith said. “I knew exactly what that safety was doing. He bit up on (tight end Travis) Kelce, we had Chris on the outside and I was taking a shot. I felt good about that all week.”

The play was actually a good example of the way some of Smith’s downfield chances are schemed by Reid, often due to play calls that create advantageous matchups.

Still, Reid thinks his quarterback has actually gotten better when it comes to throwing people open in his four years in Kansas City.

“I think that’s one area where he’s gotten better at,” Reid said. “Remember, the emphasis we put on the pass game might be a little bit more than where he came from; the run stuff and the things he did at the line of scrimmage with the 49ers is something they really put a concentrated effort on.

“So it’s a challenge to him in other areas, and I keep seeing improvements. You see throws like that where you kind of go ‘Whoa, was that a good one.’ The more he does, the better he gets at it.’”

Lost in Smith’s roller-coaster ride of a season was the fact the Chiefs went deep a bit more this year, and were also much better in four-minute and come-from-behind situations — areas in which they struggled in Smith’s first three years.

Comeback wins over San Diego and Denver registered as near-unprecedented high-water marks for Smith, who completed some clutch throws in both games. He also guided the Chiefs down the field on a late touchdown march against Pittsburgh, only to have the ensuing, game-tying two-point conversion — a completion to tight end Demetrius Harris — get wiped out due to a hold.

“That was something we hadn’t done in the past — we did play better in clutch situations,” Smith said. “Down the line, end of games, we played better in those big moments and it showed up with our record. I think we need to continue to build on that and be more prolific a little bit all over.”

The Chiefs’ were far more explosive in 2016 — the big-play ability of Pro Bowl rookie Tyreek Hill had a lot to do with that — but they were more inconsistent, too, which led to frustrating inefficiency in losses to Tampa Bay, Tennessee and Pittsburgh.

But Smith’s season, while ultimately unfulfilling, certainly wasn’t bad. The Chiefs went 12-4 and the won the AFC West for the first time since 2010.

Smith also started Sunday’s game, adding to an already-meaningful experience of making the second Pro Bowl of his 12-year career.

“It does (matter), because for a long time, you’re on the outside looking in, right?” Smith said. “You grow from things like this, too. They can be positive things, positive experiences.”

And now that Smith knows he’ll be the guy in 2017, he’ll be taking in as many of those as possible, even against the backdrop of the team potentially taking a quarterback early in the draft — something he wouldn’t take personally, by the way.

“If I were running a team, of course you would continue to bring in young talent — are you kidding me, the quarterback touches the ball every single play,” Smith said. “It’s hard to develop guys, it’s hard to find guys. Every year, you want to be taking a shot — that’s just smart football.”

But no matter what the Chiefs do in the draft, Smith will feel the responsibility of taking the Chiefs to the Super Bowl, and he knows what people will say if they again fall short.

“My trajectory and where I’m going really has nothing to do with whoever they bring in, because I’ve got to handle my business and take care of my business,” Smith said. “I’m gonna determine my own deal, right, and just kind of take that on, and that’s what it is, anywhere — if you don’t get it done, they’re gonna find somebody else.”

Deberg_1990
01-29-2017, 09:38 PM
3500 yards. 19 TDs. 7 ints

notorious
01-29-2017, 09:40 PM
http://www.gifbin.com/bin/052011/1306866467_jumping_out_the_window.gif

TigeRRUppeRRcut
01-29-2017, 09:40 PM
4000 total yards 26 combined TDs 7 picks. 68%. QB rating 98. Team will be top 12 in ppg.
AFC championship game at the least

Chiefspants
01-29-2017, 09:41 PM
I'll just copy pasta what I said before this season.

We hit our ceiling with this gentleman by reaching the Divisional Round in the 2015 season, if we're lucky we'll see it again next year.

New World Order
01-29-2017, 09:41 PM
https://gifcrap.com/g2data/albums/Misc/Guy%20sets%20himself%20on%20fire%20and%20jumps%20out%20of%20his%20window.gif

New World Order
01-29-2017, 09:42 PM
4000 total yards 26 combined TDs 7 picks. 68%. QB rating 98.

26 combined TDs?!!!!!!!!!

That's not even better than Cassel in 2010.

The Franchise
3600 yards
18 TDs
8 INTs
First round playoff loss.

Hammock Parties

http://cdn1.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1214539/herman-edwards-09.jpg

Hammock Parties
01-29-2017, 09:45 PM
So Smith's excuse for not hitting Hill is that he didn't even see him?

Like, he wasn't even part of the progression?

What kind of high school passing offense is this shit?

http://i.imgur.com/jZy7Z04.gif

kc79
01-29-2017, 09:52 PM

Looked like Kelce was his first read. Panics when that first option is gone. Bad QB play

BossChief
01-29-2017, 09:55 PM
“If I were running a team, of course you would continue to bring in young talent — are you kidding me, the quarterback touches the ball every single play,” Smith said. “It’s hard to develop guys, it’s hard to find guys. Every year, you want to be taking a shot — that’s just smart football.”

This comment and Reid's comment about winning it with Alex are telling comments.

Alex is the starter for 2017 (health permitting) but this team is going to draft a future starter.

New World Order
01-29-2017, 09:56 PM

This comment and Reid's comment about winning it with Alex are telling comments.

Alex is the starter for 2017 (health permitting) but this team is going to draft a future starter.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-1ZPi_i7ItHw/U9aVMVD-sxI/AAAAAAAAVLE/9KqDlaqk7FQ/s1600/so+you're+telling+me+there's+a+chance.jpg

BossChief
01-29-2017, 10:01 PM
Looked like Kelce was his first read. Panics when that first option is gone. Bad QB play

His first read is Maclin.

He looks at Maclin and then the corner (to see if Hill took the corner with him) and once he sees the corner stay home and coming down to try to make a play on the ball, he moves to the other side of the field and panicked.

Even after missing Hill, he also misses the deep route at the top of the screen while moving right. He splits a double team and is gone for a TD, too ...he's even got his arm up trying to get Smiths attention.

Alex was a dumpster fire that game.

RealSNR
01-29-2017, 10:02 PM
4000 total yards 26 combined TDs 7 picks. 68%. QB rating 98. Team will be top 12 in ppg.

If he actually breaks 4000 yards, I'll give you credit.

I'm not gonna hold my breath.

kcchiefsus
01-29-2017, 10:08 PM
I don't expect him to not be our quarterback next year. Without a high pick at QB or without a huge trade (which I don't want) it's hard to totally replace a QB in one year without already having someone waiting in the wing. I do fucking expect these fuckheads running this franchise to finally pull their pathetic heads out of their asses and work on finding the next guy up. Alex will be here this next year, and that's fine. But if we go too much longer without finally addressing the QB position then Dorsey/Reid/Hunt will have finally been proven as certifiable retards.

Hammock Parties
01-29-2017, 10:12 PM
This was written in September. OF 2015.

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/sam-mellinger/article34916460.html

Alex Smith is out of excuses, and he needs to deliver the best season of his career

If Smith does not have the best year of his career, something has gone wrong. If Smith does not have the best year of his career, and Jeremy Maclin has not suffered an injury and the offensive line is better than a year ago, then something has gone wrong with Smith.

A huge chunk of the Chiefs’ success depends on that not happening.

A huge chunk of their success depends on Smith proving he is more than a guy good enough to almost win with.

Assuming the offensive line is improved, there is more than enough around Smith for him to shake the notion that he is holding back the bigger cause. Those of us on his side of Kansas City’s biggest sports debate are counting on that.

If it doesn’t happen this year, we’re all out of excuses.

No more fucking chances. This dillweed either blows up next season or blows the fuck OUT.

Tombstone RJ
01-29-2017, 10:13 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-1ZPi_i7ItHw/U9aVMVD-sxI/AAAAAAAAVLE/9KqDlaqk7FQ/s1600/so+you're+telling+me+there's+a+chance.jpg

lol

Psyko Tek
01-29-2017, 10:14 PM

on opening day
my gawd this will be great

RunKC
01-29-2017, 10:18 PM
“For both of us, I think you realize the opportunities are less and less. You can't take them all for granted. We all felt like we had an awesome opportunity and we didn’t get it done. So even more so, let’s press on the gas and let’s go.”

This part really stuck out to me. It pretty much says "you blew an amazing opportunity and you get next year which could be your last."

They are going to draft a QB early and sit him...and Alex knows it.

ThaVirus
01-29-2017, 10:19 PM

Missing Tyreek is egregious but any capable QB can throw West open for probably a 40+ yarder there as well.

QB lacks any type of anticipation.

pugsnotdrugs19
01-29-2017, 10:27 PM
For all of the shit I've talked on Alex the past few weeks.... I enjoyed this article. Even knowing he is coming back in 2017.

Obviously we won't know until the draft, but to me it felt like he was saying, 'I've got maybe one more chance at this and its time to push the chips in.' And he should be right. Because whether you draft a QB and groom him for a year, or you end up taking one of the 2018 studs that could be game-ready, this is likely Alex's last year as the starter.

My expectations will be conservative next season. Barring the defense becoming elite, and/or having a top 3-5 running game, I will not get my hopes up for a Super Bowl bid. But, I do like the idea of Smith seeing the writing on the wall and just letting it hang loose. After all, his time is almost up and even he knows it now.

BossChief
01-29-2017, 10:32 PM
This part really stuck out to me. It pretty much says "you blew an amazing opportunity and you get next year which could be your last."

They are going to move up in the first for somebody, I bet.

Get the 5th year option and let the kid sit for a year or 2 before taking over a very talented team.

I doubt they are able to sit at 27 and wait...somebody will trade up in front of us.

Again.

pugsnotdrugs19
01-29-2017, 10:33 PM
Painting a scenario where the Chiefs can win a Super Bowl in 2017 with Alex Smith...

Houston and Ford combine for 28+ sacks. Berry returns and picks up where he, Mitchell, Peters and Parker left off. The run defense becomes respectable again. The run game becomes a top unit again, and the weapons stay healthy on offense....

In other words, we need A LOT to go right.

CoMoChief
01-29-2017, 10:42 PM

LMAO

dumbass.

-King-
01-29-2017, 10:45 PM

I think so too.
Posted via Mobile Device

Beef Supreme
01-29-2017, 10:48 PM
https://m.popkey.co/88908e/87wQl.gif

kcchiefsus
01-29-2017, 10:54 PM

Be prepared to b disappointed. They'll sit on their asses and watch every QB come off the board.

kcchiefsus
01-29-2017, 10:56 PM

Get the 5th year option and let the kid sit for a year or 2 before taking over a very talented team.

I doubt they are able to sit at 27 and wait...somebody will trade up in front of us.

Again.

The problem is that you are thinking rationally. The Chiefs have never thought rationally at QB. Whatever plan they have they will find a way to fuck it up. We're going to either take the wrong guy or someone will trade in front of us and take the guy we want. It will happen because, Chiefs.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
01-29-2017, 11:00 PM
LMAO

dumbass.

And what have you predicted over the last few years (please provide evidence) that illustrates your vast football knowledge? I'll wait, pal.

RunKC
01-29-2017, 11:01 PM
For all of the shit I've talked on Alex the past few weeks.... I enjoyed this article. Even knowing he is coming back in 2017.

Obviously we won't know until the draft, but to me it felt like he was saying, 'I've got maybe one more chance at this and its time to push the chips in.' And he should be right. Because whether you draft a QB and groom him for a year, or you end up taking one of the 2018 studs that could be game-ready, this is likely Alex's last year as the starter.

My expectations will be conservative next season. Barring the defense becoming elite, and/or having a top 3-5 running game, I will not get my hopes up for a Super Bowl bid. But, I do like the idea of Smith seeing the writing on the wall and just letting it hang loose. After all, his time is almost up and even he knows it now.

Andy must have had a really interesting talk with Alex after the Steelers game.

It's pretty clear that Andy told Alex that he's still the guy for now but it's time to get the next guy in the building and prepare him for the transition.

He probably told him that to reaffirm that he's the guy next year but it's about over.

oldman
01-29-2017, 11:02 PM
It's not quite clear to me that he saw Hill break free before he started rolling out. I'm not sure he could have made that throw to Hill once he took off. He would have had to stop, turn, and throw or throw across his body. Not many QBs can throw across their body.
I'm not defending him, I'm just saying that play shouldn't be the only nail in his coffin.

Chiefspants
01-29-2017, 11:06 PM
It's not quite clear to me that he saw Hill break free before he started rolling out. I'm not sure he could have made that throw to Hill once he took off. He would have had to stop, turn, and throw or throw across his body. Not many QBs can throw across their body.
I'm not defending him, I'm just saying that play shouldn't be the only nail in his coffin.

The problem with that play is that Smith should have stood tall in the pocket. Harrison was 7 yards away, take the hit and make the throw that will win you a playoff game. Hell, if he anticipates Reek's break, he wouldn't have taken a hit at all.

threebag
01-29-2017, 11:23 PM
We need to scrub this mult

Nickhead
01-29-2017, 11:58 PM
http://www.kansascity.com/sports/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/article129534259.html#storylink=cpy

when your coach trusts you as the qb, you get to touch the ball 100% of the time. when your coach calls plays where a d lineman makes the pass, i would say it's an indication he does not trust you :D

Nickhead
01-29-2017, 11:59 PM
Andy must have had a really interesting talk with Alex after the Steelers game.

It's pretty clear that Andy told Alex that he's still the guy for now but it's time to get the next guy in the building and prepare him for the transition.

He probably told him that to reaffirm that he's the guy next year but it's about over.

alex saying 'its dumb not to draft a qb', means he has no plans to play football past the age of 35 :D

Nickhead
01-30-2017, 12:01 AM

Again.

at 27 you will be drafting a fourth round qb in the first round. :D

Nickhead
01-30-2017, 12:02 AM
This was written in September. OF 2015.

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/sam-mellinger/article34916460.html

Alex Smith is out of excuses, and he needs to deliver the best season of his career

No more fucking chances. This dillweed either blows up next season or blows the fuck OUT.

he could blow up this year and i would still want him gone the year after. you only get lucky once in this scenario :D

rico
01-30-2017, 01:29 AM
Something gives me the feeling that he has seen the gif and the discussion regarding it. He doesn't have social media, but that just gives him more time to read the message boards! I bet he's reading CP right now!!! Hi Alex! Hey, there is this guy on here named Sandy Cheeks who really admires you for some reason (possibly sexual)!!! You should drop him a line!!!

I just did you a solid, Sandy. I'm your Alex wing man!!!!

TigeRRUppeRRcut
01-30-2017, 01:35 AM
Painting a scenario where the Chiefs can win a Super Bowl in 2017 with Alex Smith...

Houston and Ford combine for 28+ sacks. Berry returns and picks up where he, Mitchell, Peters and Parker left off. The run defense becomes respectable again. The run game becomes a top unit again, and the weapons stay healthy on offense....

In other words, we need A LOT to go right.

We just need to play our game. Our run game took a giant step back. Maclin took a huge step back. Our total sack numbers were pitiful in comparison to the previous year. The only thing that remained constant was our INT numbers. Biggest improvement obviously was on STs.

If Smith lets it rip like he started to at the end of last year and Ehinger provides that push we need in the run game, look out!

TigeRRUppeRRcut
01-30-2017, 01:36 AM
Something gives me the feeling that he has seen the gif and the discussion regarding it. He doesn't have social media, but that just gives him more time to read the message boards! I bet he's reading CP right now!!! Hi Alex! Hey, there is this guy on here named Sandy Cheeks who really admires you for some reason (possibly sexual)!!! You should drop him a line!!!

But no mention of me?!

Pasta Little Brioni
01-30-2017, 02:35 AM
The lack of pass rush was a killer. Just absolutely pathetic

Bigdaddy
01-30-2017, 04:01 AM
The lack of pass rush was a killer. Just absolutely patheticThat was Alex's fault.

kcchiefsus
01-30-2017, 05:17 AM
The lack of pass rush was a killer. Just absolutely pathetic

Houston is another overpaid player who needs to put up or shut up.

Hog's Gone Fishin
01-30-2017, 05:29 AM
“I knew all week the way (the Steelers) play, they’d lose guys here and there,” Smith said. “And the hard part, as a quarterback, is when a guy that’s not in your progression blows open because you’re not looking. Sometimes you fall into those and sometimes you miss them and you’re like ‘God if I would have just seen Tyreek over there.’

At least he's aware of his biggest weakness. Finding receivers downfield.

New World Order
01-30-2017, 05:37 AM
I actually feel pretty good about Andy drafting our next quarterback.

jspchief
01-30-2017, 05:52 AM
Good to hear that 2 decades into his career he's starting to catch on.

stumppy
01-30-2017, 06:21 AM
Good to hear that 2 decades into his career he's starting to catch on.

That's what I was thinking. If that mofo hasn't caught on by now he never is.

Coogs
01-30-2017, 06:27 AM
So Alex is the starter. That surely means Foles is gone. Pretty hard to have $27,000,000 invested in those two at the QB position.

Draft a QB... as of right now, I am kind of on the Watson bandwagon... start the season our normal slow start, and make the change during the bye week.

St. Patty's Fire
01-30-2017, 06:31 AM
If we take a QB within the first 3 rounds, I'm fine with Smith being the starter next year. I think most people feel this way.

I'm interested to see what other positions Dorsey and co address to make us competitive next year. Run D is obvious.

Red Dawg
01-30-2017, 06:36 AM
This is a total fail on Reid and Dorsey. Smith has done nothing to deserve another season but because he's a nice guy he will be back. It's stupid and it's bullshit. Don't buy tickets is my advice. Somewhere Eric Hicks says good job Smith.

bricks
01-30-2017, 06:38 AM
I can't believe I'm still alive after watching all these garbage QBs this franchise has delivered over the years.

I started watching the Chiefs in '93. First it was Steve Bono, then Grbac, then Huard, Cassel and then Alex Smith. Each of them presents a different sorta pain. But the episodes of shitness repeats itself over and over and over again.

I want to die but can't.

6VF5P7qLaEQ

stumppy
01-30-2017, 06:41 AM
This is a total fail on Reid and Dorsey. Smith has done nothing to deserve another season but because he's a nice guy he will be back. It's stupid and it's bullshit. Don't buy tickets is my advice. Somewhere Eric Hicks says good job Smith.

Also, don't buy any merch. A hiccup in the cash flow is what will garner the most attention.

bevischief
01-30-2017, 06:53 AM
Another year down the toilet...

Kman34
01-30-2017, 07:03 AM
While I agree Alex needs replaced... the thread starter has no credibility..... called for the cutting of Tyreek Hill in the preseason... dumbass..

kcchiefsus
01-30-2017, 07:04 AM
If we take a QB within the first 3 rounds, I'm fine with Smith being the starter next year. I think most people feel this way.

I'm interested to see what other positions Dorsey and co address to make us competitive next year. Run D is obvious.

A runningback in the 2nd or 3rd round would be useful.

Stryker
01-30-2017, 07:29 AM

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL:clap:

RunKC
01-30-2017, 08:02 AM

I will have zero problem with Alex starting if a rd 1/2 QB is drafted

HemiEd
01-30-2017, 08:07 AM
‘God if I would have just seen Tyreek over there.’ ”

It is hard to see over the line when you are running to the sidelines to get in the fetal position.

Iconic
01-30-2017, 08:09 AM
There doesn't seem to be any inclination of us departing from Alex this year and our draft position limits us in getting his replacement. He's here for the next two years. Accept it.

I think we pick our QBOTF next year when the class is stacked because unfortunately Andy still believes in this guy right now.

Chiefnj2
01-30-2017, 08:10 AM

Why waste a year with Smith? Why not let the rookie get playing time? If Carr, Mariota, Winston, Prescott and Wilson can come in and start right away, why is KC going to burn a year of non-development.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
01-30-2017, 08:17 AM
:facepalm:

MIAdragon
01-30-2017, 08:19 AM

https://i.makeagif.com/media/10-02-2015/IdgJDS.gif

St. Patty's Fire
01-30-2017, 08:22 AM
Why waste a year with Smith? Why not let the rookie get playing time? If Carr, Mariota, Winston, Prescott and Wilson can come in and start right away, why is KC going to burn a year of non-development.

Maybe the rookie we draft comes right in and steals his spot preseason. Maybe he looks insanely raw and needs time to develop. We don't know that. Throwing a rookie QB into the fire is generally risky, and having Smith as a buffer helps us make the decision easier. We don't want to hurt the new QBs development by playing him too early.

HemiEd
01-30-2017, 08:22 AM
I can't believe I'm still alive after watching all these garbage QBs this franchise has delivered over the years.

I started watching the Chiefs in '93. First it was Steve Bono, then Grbac, then Huard, Cassel and then Alex Smith. Each of them presents a different sorta pain. But the episodes of shitness repeats itself over and over and over again.

I want to die but can't.

You forgot the twin Tylers, Thigpen and Palko

our draft position limits us in getting his replacement.
ROFL

Rasputin
01-30-2017, 08:23 AM

I don't he hand picked Alex Smith now Dorsey on the other hand can earn his paycheck and pick the ingredients for Andy to cook with. I'd feel much better with Dorsey making the pick for quarterback.

That's what Dorsey is for all the shopping with coaches impute of course but Dorsey should make the call.

UK_Chief
01-30-2017, 08:25 AM
Reid is coaching the AFC??

Very very interesting to see what plays he runs with other QBs...

kcchiefsus
01-30-2017, 08:48 AM
There doesn't seem to be any inclination of us departing from Alex this year and our draft position limits us in getting his replacement. He's here for the next two years. Accept it.

I think we pick our QBOTF next year when the class is stacked because unfortunately Andy still believes in this guy right now.

Yeah, just like draft position kept teams from getting guys like Carr, Bridgewater, Wilson, Prescott, etc.

Good call.

Titty Meat
01-30-2017, 08:56 AM
17 TD
9 INT

9-7 miss playoffs

Chiefnj2
01-30-2017, 09:05 AM
Maybe the rookie we draft comes right in and steals his spot preseason. Maybe he looks insanely raw and needs time to develop. We don't know that. Throwing a rookie QB into the fire is generally risky, and having Smith as a buffer helps us make the decision easier. We don't want to hurt the new QBs development by playing him too early.

You are living in the past. In recent times QB's either have it or don't. The cream rises to the top.

I don't think there is any other fan base so scared of drafting and developing a QB. It's time to draft EARLY and PLAY. Same crap every year with this team. Oh it will be Tyler Bray or Murray or Stanzi after they get a year under their belt.

Pasta Little Brioni
01-30-2017, 09:05 AM
Clay will be allowed to post in 2017, but knows the pressure is on...

SAUTO
01-30-2017, 09:08 AM
But no mention of me?!

no one likes you

St. Patty's Fire
01-30-2017, 09:11 AM
You are living in the past. In recent times QB's either have it or don't. The cream rises to the top.

I don't think there is any other fan base so scared of drafting and developing a QB. It's time to draft EARLY and PLAY. Same crap every year with this team. Oh it will be Tyler Bray or Murray or Stanzi after they get a year under their belt.

Fair enough. I wouldn't be mad if we did just that, I just understand where Reid is (supposedly) coming from.

Sandy Vagina
01-30-2017, 09:15 AM

Pretty much common sense that this would be the way.

Smith would have had to play amazing football to get some extension this offseason... and that didn't happen. He would have had to be absolutely miserable to get booted this offseason.. and that also didn't happen.

Every year, jobs are up for grabs.. just ask Tony Romo.

There is going to be nothing at QB2 once Foles is shown the door. Of course KC will draft a top rookie or bring in a decent vet. Of course Alex will have to earn more years from his 2017 play.. and that's if he even wants to at that point.

Sandy Vagina
01-30-2017, 09:22 AM

he just called me!!!! Thanks. We have a date next Thursday. Oooh, whatever shall I wear?!?

http://www.thelifescape.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Chaz.gif

notorious
01-30-2017, 09:28 AM
Choose from your wide selection of Alex Smith lingerie.

:D

RobBlake
01-30-2017, 09:56 AM
26 tds 9 int 3450 yards 4 fumbles 150 rushing 66% comp 93 qbr

kcchiefsus
01-30-2017, 10:06 AM
26 tds 9 int 3450 yards 4 fumbles 150 rushing 66% comp 93 qbr

Alex Smith has never thrown for more than 23 touchdowns in a season. He's magically going to surpass that now? Doubtful. A good game for Alex Smith is 2 touchdowns, and that happens maybe once a month.

PAChiefsGuy
01-30-2017, 10:46 AM
Great article... Fair assessment on Alex Smith and our QB situation.

Mr. Plow
01-30-2017, 10:59 AM

Yes......I'm sure he's going to have more total yards and more total TDs than he's ever had in a season next year.

Realistically......averaging his seasons in KC you get.....

3,392 yards passing
329 yards rushing
19 passing TD's
7 INT's
2 rushing TD's

I'd put him with a bit more passing yards & fewer rushing yards. So I'd say 3,500 yards passing, 200 yards rushing, 18 TD's & 7 INT's.

loochy
01-30-2017, 11:22 AM
he just called me!!!! Thanks. We have a date next Thursday. Oooh, whatever shall I wear?!?

Try to wear a jersey with a tight end or running back number. He has a hard time finding anyone with a wide receiver number.

St. Patty's Fire
01-30-2017, 11:34 AM
Try to wear a jersey with a tight end or running back number. He has a hard time finding anyone with a wide receiver number.

insert obvious "alex loves tight ends" joke here

pugsnotdrugs19
01-30-2017, 11:43 AM
One 'need' that hasn't been talked about much is CB...

Not a starter, but either a mid-round pick or veteran player.... We all saw how this defense looked without Peters once.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
01-30-2017, 12:00 PM
Yes......I'm sure he's going to have more total yards and more total TDs than he's ever had in a season next year.

Realistically......averaging his seasons in KC you get.....

3,392 yards passing
329 yards rushing
19 passing TD's
7 INT's
2 rushing TD's

I'd put him with a bit more passing yards & fewer rushing yards. So I'd say 3,500 yards passing, 200 yards rushing, 18 TD's & 7 INT's.

I believe this will be the first year he gets reliable, consistent play from his receivers. He was stuck with Bowe for two years, had no legit #2 receiver when Maclin joined, then Maclin went in a slump so an inexperienced rookie was his best option.

temper11
01-30-2017, 12:27 PM

Ask Charger fan how well not buying tickets worked out for him. I don't get the hate on "the Clarks". (Which isn't represented here in this post, but represented plenty elsewhere) They went out and got one of the most winning-est coaches in the history of the game. C Hunt pays the guys Reid and Dorsey has asked him to pay. As a result, Reid and Dorsey have given the Clarks a winner for 4 years straight and are really close to the ultimate goal - much closer than many other teams.

I know there is much more history than the last 4 years for all of you, but trust me, the niners fan... the more the ownership leaves the football decisions to the football minds, the better. You hate Smith and want him gone, put that on Reid and Dorsey. I wouldn't put that on Hunt.

MotherfuckerJones
01-30-2017, 01:46 PM
:facepalm: Well we know this team's ceiling. They hit it this season. What a waste of young talent with a C+ QB.

The Franchise
01-30-2017, 01:48 PM
:facepalm: Well we know this team's ceiling. They hit it this season. What a waste of young talent with a C+ QB.

We aren't hitting 12-4 next year. Not with our SOS going up because of this season.

ThaVirus
01-30-2017, 01:51 PM
I believe this will be the first year he gets reliable, consistent play from his receivers. He was stuck with Bowe for two years, had no legit #2 receiver when Maclin joined, then Maclin went in a slump so an inexperienced rookie was his best option.

You really are a fucking dumbass.

ThaVirus
01-30-2017, 01:52 PM
If Alex was any kind of competent throwing consistent deep balls Tyreek would have damn near doubled his receiving TD total this season.

O.city
01-30-2017, 01:53 PM
They'll win 12 again, get a bye and we'll be doing this same shit next year.

Signed sealed delivered

TigeRRUppeRRcut
01-30-2017, 01:59 PM
You really are a ****ing dumbass.

Remind us who was right about cam Newton and Eric Weddle? Me or you?

RunKC
01-30-2017, 02:03 PM
lot of good development picks in this draft at QB. Guys that can throw and run.

Figure out the mental makeup, target your guy and get it done

Hammock Parties
01-30-2017, 02:05 PM

You weren't right about Cam Newton.

He had a bad year and will probably bounce back.

Funny how in a "bad" year for Cam Newton he still has 24 total TD and his offense generates more yards and more points than Smith's, but Smith gets a free pass from you.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
01-30-2017, 02:09 PM
ROFL

ThaVirus
01-30-2017, 02:17 PM

You weren't right about anything. I already debunked all of your bullshit in the "would you trade a 1st for Cam" thread and Eric Berry on a franchise tag>>>Eric Weddle for however much he made.

Berry was legitimately the driving force behind at least two of our wins this season. How many safeties could say that this season? Weddle damn sure wasn't one of them. The guy choked in the biggest game of their season against Pittsburgh. He got trucked for a critical conversion and then burned on a long TD pass on nearly subsequent plays.

carcosa
01-30-2017, 02:32 PM
7000 yards passing, 2000 yards rushing, 100 combined TDs, 0 INTs, 19-0

Hammock Parties
01-30-2017, 02:32 PM
Cam Newton will definitely win another playoff game before Alex Smith. I am sure of that.

rico
01-30-2017, 03:48 PM

http://www.thelifescape.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Chaz.gif

You should dress up as an altar boy!!! He would totally rape your willing butt!!!!

jjchieffan
01-30-2017, 04:12 PM
Cam Newton will definitely win another playoff game before Alex Smith. I am sure of that.

This sounds like Clay. Has he been outed yet or are we just assuming at this time?

DaneMcCloud
01-30-2017, 04:20 PM
This sounds like Clay. Has he been outed yet or are we just assuming at this time?

It's Claynus.

jjchieffan
01-30-2017, 04:36 PM
I thought so. In that case, I own his avatar and sig for a year. Clay, are you ready to begin paying off you bet?

New World Order
01-30-2017, 04:37 PM
Clay has been preaching 'The Good News' since early 2013.

Reerun_KC
01-30-2017, 04:51 PM
It's Claynus.

Thank Allah. Need balance to the thread hijacking of Smith swallow tools.

It was getting so ****ing homers boner for Smith that warpaint illustrated was eleven blushing at the homerish bullshit.

Pasta Little Brioni
01-30-2017, 06:13 PM
Clay was the biggest homer in site history

Chief Roundup
01-30-2017, 06:43 PM

What do you expect them to do for next season? Sign Romo or some other retread or just start whatever QB they draft if they draft one?????

Red Dawg
01-30-2017, 06:53 PM
What do you expect them to do for next season? Sign Romo or some other retread or just start whatever QB they draft if they draft one?????

Dump Smith and play Foles. Play Bray and draft a QB early. How about anything but the same bum we can watch fail on tape over and over again. Andy and Dorsey have done good but keeping Smith is big a fail like Pioli shoving Matt up our butts. It's plain old stupid.

Chief Roundup
01-30-2017, 06:54 PM

Mods it is your duty to get rid of the mult piece of shit. Please remove ASAP

Chief Roundup
01-30-2017, 06:56 PM
Dump Smith and play Foles. Play Bray and draft a QB early. How about anything but the same bum we can watch fail on tape over and over again. Andy and Dorsey have done good but keeping Smith is big a fail like Pioli shoving Matt up our butts. It's plain old stupid.

Those options are all worse than Smith.

Pasta Little Brioni
01-30-2017, 07:14 PM
Don't be desperate and just draft any jobber...that's how you end with a sack of crap like Lynch

Red Dawg
01-30-2017, 07:20 PM
Those options are all worse than Smith.

Worse? You think we can't replace his pitiful stats and running out of the pocket scared or missing wide open wrs? Bray or Foles give us a better offense for certain.

Chief Roundup
01-30-2017, 07:22 PM
Worse? You think we can't replace his pitiful stats and running out of the pocket scared or missing wide open wrs? Bray or Foles give us a better offense for certain.
I take it you didn't watch Foles games. He was much worse and they brought him in because he us better than Bray. Your hatred has blinded you.

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk

mdchiefsfan
01-30-2017, 07:23 PM

ROFL

Pasta Little Brioni
01-30-2017, 08:06 PM
Foles is fucking awful and Bray won't be in the league in a few years

rico
01-30-2017, 09:19 PM
I take it you didn't watch Foles games. He was much worse and they brought him in because he us better than Bray. Your hatred has blinded you.

Foles was not worse than Smith.

Some of you guys have your blinders on with Smith to the point where it's like you forget how consistently bad and/or underwhelming Smith is (and always has been).

DaneMcCloud
01-30-2017, 09:20 PM

LMAO

The Franchise
01-30-2017, 09:23 PM

Funny, all he did was win.

DaneMcCloud
01-30-2017, 09:24 PM
Foles was not worse than Smith.

Some of you guys have your blinders on with Smith to the point where it's like you forget how consistently bad and/or underwhelming Smith is (and always has been).

He was so fucking bad that he led the Chiefs to their 4th consecutive winning season, the first since 1994-1997.

He was also so consistently bad that he had his best season, in 14.5 games mind you, while leading the Chiefs to their first AFC West victory in 7 years.

Alex Smith isn't a Hall of Fame QB and will never be a HOF QB.

But if he isn't the schlub that you and the Claynus buttfucking minions portray him.

GloryDayz
01-30-2017, 09:24 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_vqWGiweSDYw/TOIju-dKj2I/AAAAAAAAADo/rmJFheGYSkg/s1600/48.jpg

rico
01-30-2017, 09:29 PM

He had a game where he was 20-32 for 187 yards, 1 TD 0 INT's...very Smith-ish numbers, but come on...the guy hadn't started in like a full year. And the week before he was 16-22 for 223 yards and 2 TD's, 0 INT's.... That was in 2 quarters of play. Foles was not worse than Smith.

rico
01-30-2017, 09:34 PM
He was so ****ing bad that he led the Chiefs to their 4th consecutive winning season, the first since 1994-1997.

He was also so consistently bad that he had his best season, in 14.5 games mind you, while leading the Chiefs to their first AFC West victory in 7 years.

But if he isn't the schlub that you and the Claynus butt****ing minions portray him.

Oh shit, I've seen how these exchanges go... I don't want no twouble!!!

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view/463324/menace-2-society-o.gif

pugsnotdrugs19
01-30-2017, 09:45 PM
He was so ****ing bad that he led the Chiefs to their 4th consecutive winning season, the first since 1994-1997.

But if he isn't the schlub that you and the Claynus butt****ing minions portray him.

We've all saw the GIFS of the missed open WRs, and I've been hard on him myself.

But Alex is more a victim of circumstance than anything. Fans are just fed up with the result that the 'retread QB' has given the Chiefs.. I think I speak for the majority of posters on here when I say that a lot of the Smith hate will simmer if and when the Chiefs pick a QB early in the draft.

If we grab a Pat Mahomes, the excitement will rejuvenate the fan base and another year of Alex Smith won't sound so bad after all.

GloryDayz
01-30-2017, 09:50 PM
We've all saw the GIFS of the missed open WRs, and I've been hard on him myself.

But Alex is more a victim of circumstance than anything. Fans are just fed up with the result that the 'retread QB' has given the Chiefs.. I think I speak for the majority of posters on here when I say that a lot of the Smith hate will simmer if and when the Chiefs pick a QB early in the draft.

If we grab a Pat Mahomes, the excitement will rejuvenate the fan base and another year of Alex Smith won't sound so bad after all.

I'm not sure the Hunt family has that card int heir deck.

DaneMcCloud
01-30-2017, 10:00 PM

The fan base doesn't need to be "rejuvenated". The Chiefs have won four straight winning seasons and have one of the best squads in the NFL.

I want the Chiefs to draft a QB in the first round but that's a guarantee of nothing.

The NFL is a wasteland of 1st QB's and it's been two decades since the Chiefs have been consistent winners.

Enjoy while it lasts.

BossChief
01-30-2017, 10:17 PM

The trade for Alex was a profitable trade and I don't outright hate Alex, but he is a broken player.

He doesn't have the confidence to be agressive
He's not willing to run with the ball and use his legs as a weapon
He doesn't throw with any anticipation
He has terrible tunnel vision
He's below average at reading defenses presnap
He takes sacks while in field goal range
He's terrible at identifying mismatches
He has inconsistent mechanics
He gets rattled and goes into a shell

Should I go on?

His career has plateaued and defenses have written the book on how to stop him.

Keep him from being able to run
Flood the short and medium zones
Key on screens
Get him off his spot in the pocket
Don't respect his ability to throw deep

That's it.

Defenses that did that, shut our offense down.

BossChief
01-30-2017, 10:24 PM
The fan base doesn't need to be "rejuvenated". The Chiefs have won four straight winning seasons and have one of the best squads in the NFL.

I want the Chiefs to draft a QB in the first round but that's a guarantee of nothing.

The NFL is a wasteland of 1st QB's and it's been two decades since the Chiefs have been consistent winners.

Enjoy while it lasts.

That's all good and all, but I want this team to have a chance at winning a Super Bowl.

I honestly believe that if Dorsey hits on a QB pick, this team can be a dynasty over the next 10-15 years.

Look at the age of this teams stars on both sides of the ball...if KC drafts a QB and continues to draft/develop well, sky's the limit.

DaneMcCloud
01-30-2017, 10:41 PM
The Pro Bowl offense looks exactly the same as the 2013-2016 Chiefs, regardless of whether or not it's Alex or Andy Dalton.

Matt Nagy is calling the plays, too.

This offense is what it is.

Mr. Laz
01-30-2017, 11:37 PM
Why in the holy hell of gigantic fucks would you feel that?

For EVERY.FUCKING.INSULT people throw at Alex Smith, Andy Reid is the guy who evaluated him and said to himself "He is the guy i want starting on my football team. Alex Smith is my kind of QB"

Evaluating a QB that has already been in the NFL for years is MUCH easier than trying to decide which college kid is going to work out.

Too bad the pressure won't be on Andy Reid in 2017, he deserves it just as much as Alex Smith.

Fat,satisfied fucker

Missing Ware was much worse than missing Hill.

Mr. Laz
01-30-2017, 11:42 PM
If we grab a Pat Mahomes, the excitement will rejuvenate the fan baseThat rejuvenation will last until around Mahomes' 3rd or 4th loss.

Then the fan base will turn on him with the same venom as they did Alex Smith.

shit, they would have turned on Aaron Rodgers about game 6 of this year.

Matt Ryan, without Julie Jones, was considered a fraud and overrated last year.

Until we win a super bowl, no QB is going to be good enough.

Just the way it is.

Mephistopheles Janx
01-30-2017, 11:46 PM
That rejuvenation will last until around Mahomes' 3rd or 4th loss.

Then the fan base will turn on him with the same venom as they did Alex Smith.

shit, they would have turned on Aaron Rodgers about game 6 of this year.

Matt Ryan without Julie Jones was consider a fraud and overrated last year.

Until we win a super bowl, no QB is going to be good enough.

Just the way it is.

I disagree that the fanbase would turn on a rookie QB by his 3rd or 4th loss. We are so desperate for a 1st round QB that, I believe, most of us would give him until year 3 before starting to ask about a replacement.

Perhaps mid year of his second season. :shrug:

Hammock Parties
01-30-2017, 11:52 PM
Chiefs fans have made excuses ad nauseam for Cassel and Smith going into their third and fourth years.

They'll do the same for a rookie who will be granted even more wiggle room...particularly since there won't be a peep about his contract for four years.

Frazod
01-30-2017, 11:55 PM
I disagree that the fanbase would turn on a rookie QB by his 3rd or 4th loss. We are so desperate for a 1st round QB that, I believe, most of us would give him until year 3 before starting to ask about a replacement.

Perhaps mid year of his second season. :shrug:

I doubt that. I remember how shitty people were about Green during the 2001 season, myself included. TrINT was how he was generally referred to on this board. I realize he wasn't a first round pick - just traded for one - but he ended up being arguably the best QB we've had since Dawson and people wanted to run him out of town before he got a chance to prove himself.

Mephistopheles Janx
01-31-2017, 12:00 AM
I doubt that. I remember how shitty people were about Green during the 2001 season, myself included. TrINT was how he was generally referred to on this board. I realize he wasn't a first round pick - just traded for one - but he ended up being arguably the best QB we've had since Dawson and people wanted to run him out of town before he got a chance to prove himself.

I think that a lot of that had to do with him being a retread coming off an injury with unknown ability to return from said injury.

Giving up a first rounder for a busted up former first rounder who hadn't really shown he was gonna be a a franchise QB is a far cry from spending one (or one + something else to trade up for one) on a rookie QB you get to groom from scratch.

I understand that some will be impatient but after not having once since Blackledge... we are gonna treat him like Hugo treated Daffy.

youtube.com/watch?v=ArNz8U7tgU4

(still can't embed)

Frazod
01-31-2017, 12:04 AM
I think that a lot of that had to do with him being a retread coming off an injury with unknown ability to return from said injury.

Giving up a first rounder for a busted up former first rounder who hadn't really shown he was gonna be a a franchise QB is a far cry from spending one (or one + something else to trade up for one) on a rookie QB you get to groom from scratch.

I understand that some will be impatient but after not having once since Blackledge... we are gonna treat him like Hugo treated Daffy.

youtube.com/watch?v=ArNz8U7tgU4

(still can't embed)

Well, if we do get another year of Alice, coupled with our first place schedule, I think we'll end up drafting really high in 2018.

kcchiefsus
01-31-2017, 12:08 AM

Enjoy while it lasts.

You're right, only because most of the fan base are fucking idiots who think Smith is actually a pro bowl quarterback and a losing playoff record is considered a success.

DaneMcCloud
01-31-2017, 12:13 AM
Well, if we do get another year of Alice, coupled with our first place schedule, I think we'll end up drafting really high in 2018.

Andy Reid's proven that despite great QB play, his teams win.

The offense could remain in neutral this year and the Chiefs would make the playoffs due to the special teams and defense, coupled with the fact that the Raiders won't win 12 games again, the Broncos have all kinds of problems and the Chargers are a complete joke.

Plus, outside of New England, the entire AFC is iffy.

Frazod
01-31-2017, 12:18 AM
Andy Reid's proven that despite great QB play, his teams win.

The offense could remain in neutral this year and the Chiefs would make the playoffs due to the special teams and defense, coupled with the fact that the Raiders won't win 12 games again, the Broncos have all kinds of problems and the Chargers are a complete joke.

Plus, outside of New England, the entire AFC is iffy.

The defense gave up a shit ton of yards. I know they had a lot of takeaways, and tended to stiffen in the red zone, but that's not a model I trust to get the job done, especially in the playoffs going up against the golden boy teams.

DaneMcCloud
01-31-2017, 12:25 AM
The defense gave up a shit ton of yards. I know they had a lot of takeaways, and tended to stiffen in the red zone, but that's not a model I trust to get the job done, especially in the playoffs going up against the golden boy teams.

Playoffs? Sure, I'll go with that but as we saw in the Pro Bowl, it's Sutton's M.O. But with that said, after 4 years, I find it extremely unlikely the Chiefs, with Alex at QB, advance past the first round.

But that said, this team is freaking loaded, even at backup QB. They finished the season at 12-4 with 2 starting defensive lineman, their best running back and linebacker on IR, along with their best guard, while Houston only performed in one game.

This team is 9-7, at worst, in 2017.

Mr. Laz
01-31-2017, 12:30 AM
Chiefs fans have made excuses ad nauseam for Cassel and Smith going into their third and fourth years.

They'll do the same for a rookie who will be granted even more wiggle room...particularly since there won't be a peep about his contract for four years.
What in the fuck are you talking about?

You mean all of about 6 CP posters who dared to defend Alex Smith in anyway only to be shredded by most of the rest of the CP posters. Only to be declared "trolls" because daring to annoy the rest of CP nation by saying that "Alex Smith isn't terrible" is enough to be considered a Troll.

Is that the "Chiefs fans" you are talking about?

Moronic fucks around here are just incredible in their stupidity

Frazod
01-31-2017, 12:30 AM
Playoffs? Sure, I'll go with that but as we saw in the Pro Bowl, it's Sutton's M.O. But with that said, after 4 years, I find it extremely unlikely the Chiefs, with Alex at QB, advance past the first round.

But that said, this team is freaking loaded, even at backup QB. They finished the season at 12-4 with 2 starting defensive lineman, their best running back and linebacker on IR, along with their best guard, while Houston only performed in one game.

So basically the best we can hope for is a first round playoff win followed by a second round loss to Pittsburgh/New England. Yay.

Mephistopheles Janx
01-31-2017, 12:32 AM

I have to believe that Dorsey is gonna address the ILB position be it in FA or the draft. That alone will do wonders to shore up the D against the run. I don't trust that DJ is going to return and even if he does... that he will be anywhere near as effective as he was.

Mr. Laz
01-31-2017, 12:34 AM
I doubt that. I remember how shitty people were about Green during the 2001 season, myself included. TrINT was how he was generally referred to on this board. I realize he wasn't a first round pick - just traded for one - but he ended up being arguably the best QB we've had since Dawson and people wanted to run him out of town before he got a chance to prove himself.Yep, i was critic of Green too.

But let's be honest here

Back then being a Trent Green "basher" amounted to calling him TrINT and saying his arm strength wasn't very good. Not even in the same universe as the the total destruction we rain down on the QBs nowadays. Much the the country itself, CPlanet is getting more vicious year-to-year.

DaneMcCloud
01-31-2017, 12:34 AM
So basically the best we can hope for is a first round playoff win followed by a second round loss to Pittsburgh/New England. Yay.

I know. It's a Catch-22.

Chiefs.

Frazod
01-31-2017, 12:35 AM
Yep, i was critic of Green too.

But let's be honest here

Back then being a Trent Green "basher" amounted to calling him TrINT and saying his arm strength wasn't very good. Not even in the same universe as the the total destruction me rain down on the QBs nowadays. Much the the country itself, CPlanet is getting more vicious year-to-year.

Hard to argue with that.

Mr. Laz
01-31-2017, 12:37 AM
You're right, only because most of the fan base are fucking idiots who think Smith is actually a pro bowl quarterback and a losing playoff record is considered a success.
Like i said, no QB will be good enough until we win a super bowl.

Doesn't mean a fuck whether we draft him or not.

Only an elite QB, who takes us to the super bowl, will keep the hounds at bay.

Hammock Parties
01-31-2017, 12:38 AM
Criticisms of Green dwindled over the years, as he showed improvement each and every year up until the Bengals headshot. Most got off his ass late in 2002.

As long as a rookie QB was showing improvement every year most would be patient with him.

It sure beats watching a guy over 30 get worse.

DaneMcCloud
I have to believe that Dorsey is gonna address the ILB position be it in FA or the draft. That alone will do wonders to shore up the D against the run. I don't trust that DJ is going to return and even if he does... that he will be anywhere near as effective as he was.

I don't care about yards given up, especially on the ground.

It's a passing league, which should be evident to anyone that watches the game and realizes the two best passing offenses in the NFL are squaring off Sunday.

Sutton runs the "Bend, don't break" and held the Steelers to six field goals.

The Patriots gave up two TD's to the same offense.

The Chiefs defense isn't at issue.

DaNewGuy

Not to mention a trash receiving corps besides an emerging Tyreek and Kelce here andn there not much to work with

St. Patty's Fire
01-31-2017, 12:41 AM
Not to mention a trash receiving corps besides an emerging Tyreek and Kelce here andn there not much to work with

Yeah, a trash receiving corps outside two huge playmakers.

I think most QBs would be pretty happy with a receiving corps of Maclin/Hill/Kelce/Conley. Not to mention that Ware is a good receiving back.

Hammock Parties
01-31-2017, 12:42 AM
The same people who were loudly proclaming we had an undefensible group of skill position players in preseason are now shitting on same group of skill position players.

You can't have it both ways.

DaneMcCloud
01-31-2017, 12:43 AM

I think Conley is emerging and will be a fine #3.

The problem is that once again, Dorsey overpaid a WR. First, it was Bowe, who shit the bed in Year 2 and now Maclin, who shit the bed in Year 2.

$14 million a year should be reserved for the Dez Bryant's and Odell Beckham's of the world.

Not Jeremy Maclin, who's numbers were matched by a second year 3rd rounder.

DaneMcCloud
01-31-2017, 12:45 AM
The same people who were loudly proclaming we had an undefensible group of skill position players in preseason are now shitting on same group of skill position players.

You can't have it both ways.

Fuck you.

You said Ty Hill was just a guy.

Your ass should be banned, again, you motherfucking loser piece of shit.

Your stupid cunt also said the Chiefs wouldn't win 10 games.

Should I share your rep note, Claynus?

DaneMcCloud
01-31-2017, 12:47 AM
Yeah, a trash receiving corps outside two huge playmakers.

I think most QBs would be pretty happy with a receiving corps of Maclin/Hill/Kelce/Conley. Not to mention that Ware is a good receiving back.

Maclin sucked. Ware was injured frequently.

But hey, dumbfuck, the Chiefs still won 12 games, so they did something right, right?

Mephistopheles Janx
01-31-2017, 12:50 AM
I don't care about yards given up, especially on the ground.

It's a passing league, which should be evident to anyone that watches the game and realizes the two best passing offenses in the NFL are squaring off Sunday.

Sutton runs the "Bend, don't break" and held the Steelers to six field goals.

The Patriots gave up two TD's to the same offense.

The Chiefs defense isn't at issue.

I agree. BUT... if there is one glaring hole in the Chiefs defense it is their inability to stop the run. Especially after DJ went down. I also agree that this is a pass first league but that said, had they been able to hold Bell to 120 yards vs 170 yards... that would likely have been the game.

Not to say that we could have asked them to perform better against the Steelers or that the D is a problem. We should have been able to score more than 16 at home.

St. Patty's Fire
01-31-2017, 12:50 AM
Maclin sucked. Ware was injured frequently.

So you mention that Ware was injured but not Maclin?

But hey, dumbfuck, the Chiefs still won 12 games, so they did something right, right?

What is even your point here? Aside from insulting me for no reason like a douchebag?

DaneMcCloud
01-31-2017, 12:52 AM
So you mention that Ware was injured but not Maclin?

What is even your point here? Aside from insulting me for no reason like a douchebag?

I mentioned Maclin was fucked up all season long.

Where the hell have you been?

Do you need a season recap with every post?

St. Patty's Fire
01-31-2017, 12:54 AM

I mentioned Maclin was fucked up all season long.

Where the hell have you been?

Do you need a season recap with every post?

Sorry I don't read your every post, I tend to value my brain cells.

DaneMcCloud
01-31-2017, 12:55 AM
I agree. BUT... if there is one glaring hole in the Chiefs defense it is their inability to stop the run. Especially after DJ went down. I also agree that this is a pass first league but that said, had they been able to hold Bell to 120 yards vs 170 yards... that would likely have been the game.

Not to say that we could have asked them to perform better against the Steelers or that the D is a problem. We should have been able to score more than 16 at home.

Any time an NFL team holds the opposing team to 20 points or less, that team should win, hands down.

Blaming the defense for the loss against Pittsburgh, Houston, Tampa or Tennessee is outright fucking stupid.

The offense need to score more than 12 or 17 or 18 points if the team wants to win an average game.

The Chiefs failed.

DaneMcCloud
01-31-2017, 12:55 AM
Sorry I don't read your every post, I tend to value my brain cells.

Considering the quality of your posts, that's a good decision

Mephistopheles Janx
01-31-2017, 01:00 AM
Any time an NFL team holds the opposing team to 20 points or less, that team should win, hands down.

Pretty sure that is exactly what I said.

Blaming the defense for the loss against Pittsburgh, Houston, Tampa or Tennessee is outright ****ing stupid.

Pretty sure I said the D wasn't to blame.

The offense need to score more than 12 or 17 or 18 points if the team wants to win an average game.

The Chiefs failed.

Agreed.

---

You are missing the context of my posting. I'm stating that our D is fantastic. IF there was one area in which they could stand to improve... it would be the run defense. The biggest hole in our run defense is at ILB. By drafting or picking up an ILB in FA they could address that issue.

Do you disagree with that?

Mr. Laz
01-31-2017, 01:04 AM
I'm stating that our D is fantastic.
Our defense is not fantastic, give up too many yards to be fantastic.

Defense is solid and opportunistic

Mephistopheles Janx
01-31-2017, 01:05 AM

Ok... I can go with that. :D

DaneMcCloud
01-31-2017, 01:09 AM
You are missing the context of my posting. I'm stating that our D is fantastic. IF there was one area in which they could stand to improve... it would be the run defense. The biggest hole in our run defense is at ILB. By drafting or picking up an ILB in FA they could address that issue.

Do you disagree with that?

It's not that I disagree, it's that I don't think the Chiefs should throw valuable resources (i.e) cap space and high draft picks on defensive players.

A slippery running back, better guard play and better WR play will go just as far, IMO, in eliminating the run game issue as would throwing dough and picks at "run stufffers".

This league is all about QB play, WR's, TE's and dynamic RB"s (not run of the mill guys like West and Ware)

Shore those positions up and the defensive stats against the run change considerably.

kcchiefsus
01-31-2017, 01:10 AM
Like i said, no QB will be good enough until we win a super bowl.

Doesn't mean a fuck whether we draft him or not.

Only an elite QB, who takes us to the super bowl, will keep the hounds at bay.

If we had the season Oakland did this year I'd be pretty content knowing that there will still be ups and downs, but with a young QB at the helm we would never be totally out of the race. I personally would be fine with 10-6 or 12-4 type seasons where we make it to the playoffs but don't win it all as long as we had a young QB who gave us a glimmer of hope for the future.

Instead we're stuck with a fuck stick like Alex Smith and are left with the realization that we have almost no chance of things being better unless absolutely everything goes our way.

St. Patty's Fire
01-31-2017, 01:11 AM

Agreed.

Our D has several playmakers that can make people forget that they tend to be on the field for awhile. It's more dynamic than stout (outside the red zone where they were very good). And of the course the run D was a massive issue.

DaneMcCloud
01-31-2017, 01:14 AM
Agreed.

Our D has several playmakers that can make people forget that they tend to be on the field for awhile. It's more dynamic than stout (outside the red zone where they were very good). And of the course the run D was a massive issue.

It was a "massive issue" because the OFFENSE repeatedly failed on 3rd downs.

You're fucking stupid.

DaneMcCloud
01-31-2017, 01:15 AM
If we had the season Oakland did this year I'd be pretty content knowing that there will still be ups and downs, but with a young QB at the helm we would never be totally out of the race. I personally would be fine with 10-6 or 12-4 type seasons where we make it to the playoffs but don't win it all as long as we had a young QB who gave us a glimmer of hope for the future.

Instead we're stuck with a fuck stick like Alex Smith and are left with the realization that we have almost no chance of things being better unless absolutely everything goes our way.

Oakland will take a step back in 2017 and again in 2018, when they have to pay Carr and Mack.

kcchiefsus
01-31-2017, 01:19 AM
Oakland will take a step back in 2017 and again in 2018, when they have to pay Carr and Mack.

I hope so, but there's also reason to believe they will see continued progression from their young players. Their offense is still potentially dangerous and they have some good pieces on defense. And most of all, they're set at QB for the foreseeable future.

DaneMcCloud
01-31-2017, 01:41 AM
I hope so, but there's also reason to believe they will see continued progression from their young players. Their offense is still potentially dangerous and they have some good pieces on defense. And most of all, they're set at QB for the foreseeable future.

The amount of cap space allotted to Mack and Carr will make their drafts even more important and more difficult.

What if Mack suffers a 20 game injury like Houston did?

Their defense falls apart.

We've already seen the 3-13 team without Carr.

Mr. Laz
01-31-2017, 02:24 AM
It was a "massive issue" because the OFFENSE repeatedly failed on 3rd downs.

You're fucking stupid.
and you can't manage to comprehend two different concepts at once

Just because the offense failed on 3rd down doesn't mean our run defense wasn't crappy. I don't want to hear any bullshit about the defense being tired either because our defense gave up yards between the 20s all the time, not just late in the game. Defense tired themselves out as much as anything. They couldn't get off the field on 3rd down until the endzone shortened the field and protected the deep pass for them.

3rd down success
Kansas City
offense rank 20
defense rank 28

2nd source
offense rank 18
defense rank 27

Our offense actually ranked higher on getting 3rd downs than our defense did.

Nickhead
01-31-2017, 03:36 AM
and you can't manage to comprehend two different concepts at once

Just because the offense failed on 3rd down doesn't mean our run defense was crappy. I don't want to hear any bullshit about the defense being tired either because our defense gave up yards between the 20s all the time, not just late in the game. Defense tired themselves out as much as anything. They couldn't get off the field on 3rd down until the endzone shortened the field and protected the deep pass for them.

3rd down success
Kansas City
offense rank 20
defense rank 28

2nd source
offense rank 18
defense rank 27

Our offense actually ranked higher on getting 3rd downs than our defense did.

i will say, our defenses bend but do not break, only hindered alex's protections due to long field positions from field goal kick offs. :D

Mr. Laz
01-31-2017, 10:44 AM
i will say, our defenses bend but do not break, only hindered alex's protections due to long field positions from field goal kick offs. :D
Defense is pretty dam good inside the redzone when they don't have to worry about the deep pass. That's why i think we need an upgrade at CB and maybe even FS. *ducks head from Berry homers*

Berry improved dramatically playing single high this year and might continue to improve. He's not there yet. He just doesn't protect our corners well enough against the deep pass for Sutton to trust it. He doesn't protect the sideline pass much at all.

We don't have any corners that we can trust against the deep pass. Marcus Peters is outfreaking standing at breaking on the ball and defending the short stuff. He might be the best CB in the league at that. He also takes chances and can be beaten deep by a receiver with elite speed.

Once our defense has the endzone against their backs they are one of the best in the league. Top 3 probably and that's because they don't have to pull people back to defend the deep stuff.

but ...... not getting 3 and outs hurt our limited offense by not giving it the short field unless we get a turnover. Turnovers are not really sustainable. :D

I'm not hating anything, just being realistic.

RunKC
01-31-2017, 10:49 AM

I think this entirely depends on their drafts moving forward. McKenzie knows the Packers formula just like John so it wouldn't surprise me if they continue to draft well.

notorious
01-31-2017, 11:25 AM
Run defense will be fine when the real men up front get healthy again.

BlackHelicopters
01-31-2017, 11:46 AM
Since I am frequently erect, reading "Alex" does cause the loss of hardness.

Mr. Laz
01-31-2017, 11:48 AM
Losing Bailey and DJ really hurt our run defense

Chiefnj2
01-31-2017, 11:50 AM
Defense is pretty dam good inside the redzone when they don't have to worry about the deep pass. That's why i think we need an upgrade at CB and maybe even FS. *ducks head from Berry homers*

Berry improved dramatically playing single high this year and might continue to improve. He's not there yet. He just doesn't protect our corners well enough against the deep pass for Sutton to trust it. He doesn't protect the sideline pass much at all.

We don't have any corners that we can trust against the deep pass. Marcus Peters is outfreaking standing at breaking on the ball and defending the short stuff. He might be the best CB in the league at that. He also takes chances and can be beaten deep by a receiver with elite speed.

Once our defense has the endzone against their backs they are one of the best in the league. Top 3 probably and that's because they don't have to pull people back to defend the deep stuff.

but ...... not getting 3 and outs hurt our limited offense by not giving it the short field unless we get a turnover. Turnovers are not really sustainable. :D

Mitchell was a complete stud at CB at the end of the year. You can never have too many CB's, but I think people overlook Mitchell.

Definitely need an upgrade at ILB and probably another DE/NT. All three week one starters were hurt (2 of 3 for the season).

Mr. Laz
01-31-2017, 11:53 AM
Mitchell was a complete stud at CB at the end of the year. You can never have too many CB's, but I think people overlook Mitchell.

Definitely need an upgrade at ILB and probably another DE/NT. All three week one starters were hurt (2 of 3 for the season).
Mitchell was great but it's a small sample size

I hope he continues to be great but we can't count on him next year.

Marcus cooper anyone?

Go Royals
01-31-2017, 11:53 AM

Oaklands sitting at $46 million in cap space for this upcoming year. They can get to above $60 million with cuts to three players that made less than no impact for them on the field. Year after that they have upwards of $80 million in space.

It's pure fantasy to think that they're just magically going to get worse once they have to pay two players. They have tons of space to sign Carr, Mack, and whoever else they want.

pugsnotdrugs19
01-31-2017, 12:21 PM

Can't forget Jaye....

I won't be surprised a bit, and would likely project our starting DL next year to be Jones-Howard-Bailey.

That ain't bad by any means. I've always thought Howard played his best football for us early in 2015 shooing the A gap at NT.

ThaVirus
01-31-2017, 12:23 PM

You always say this but how many safeties can consistently defend the sidelines while playing single high? The field is like 52 yards wide. That's a shit ton of ground to cover.

pugsnotdrugs19
01-31-2017, 12:24 PM
Oaklands sitting at $46 million in cap space for this upcoming year. They can get to above $60 million with cuts to three players that made less than no impact for them on the field. Year after that they have upwards of $80 million in space.

It's pure fantasy to think that they're just magically going to get worse once they have to pay two players. They have tons of space to sign Carr, Mack, and whoever else they want.

I don't think he's saying that they won't be able to sign anyone or anything like that, but Oakland will be the first team in the league that I can recall to have to pay elite QB money to two players....

From the sounds of it, Carr is due for a $125 million type of deal, and Mack is going to approach Miller's $114 million. That eats a shit ton of your cap. If you are drafting well like you are supposed to, a lot of your money has to be saved just to retain your own players, likely ending the days of making splashes like Oakland has the past couple years in FA.

At the end of the day, every team's goal should be to draft good players and use your cap space to keep them. Unfortunately, the Raiders are finally on that track.

DaneMcCloud
01-31-2017, 12:29 PM

That's worked out well for the Seahawks, right?

Carr and Mack will cost the Raiders a minimum of $40 million per year - maybe closer to $45 million. They'll need a left tackle because Penn is breaking down and old plus Amari Cooper's deal will be coming up soon. Their secondary is old and pretty much sucks, along with the rest of their defense. They'll need to hit on picks and if they don't, they'll need to reach into free agency, which isn't cheap when it comes to solid cornerbacks and safeties.

They face a shit ton of challenges but none more important than facing a first place schedule along with uncertainty of where the team will actually play their games.

RunKC
01-31-2017, 12:30 PM
Losing Bailey and DJ really hurt our run defense

Losing DeVito and Mauga were big losses there as well

Mr. Laz
01-31-2017, 12:45 PM
You always say this but how many safeties can consistently defend the sidelines while playing single high? The field is like 52 yards wide. That's a shit ton of ground to cover.
They have be able to read the offense and the QB to get a good jump

That takes experience at single high that Berry doesn't really have yet.

DaneMcCloud
01-31-2017, 12:52 PM
Unfortunately, the Raiders are finally on that track.

Well, it's much easier to do so when you're picking in the Top 5 every year, as opposed to the Bottom 5.

McKenzie's certainly had his share of misses, like pretty much the entire 2012 draft, their first rounder in 2013 and not very much production on the back end of their drafts.

temper11
01-31-2017, 01:02 PM
Instead we're stuck with a **** stick like Alex Smith and are left with the realization that we have almost no chance of things being better unless absolutely everything goes our way.

Absolutely everything? Chiefs can't advance with Smith unless absolutely everything goes their way?

Absolutely nothing went the Chiefs way in that game against Pittsburgh. Nothing. And yet you lost to the great and almighty Ben Rothlesburger by 2 points. Ben's receivers didn't drop easy passes, Ben had a running game that ran all over you all game, Ben was barely even hurried let alone touched all game... and this a QB that can barely move even when he's not coming off some kind of foot injury... and yet he won by 2 points - 2 points. And he even needed the refs to help him out with that at the end.

You hate Smith and want a QBOTF - fine. I hope to hell the Chiefs draft a stallion with their first pick so everyone can stroke a few out, but pretending that the Pittsburgh game is evidence that the Chiefs can't advance because of Smith is ridiculous. Nothing went right consistently enough offensively in that game. Smith made great throws that could have saved them but also missed a few opportunities that cost them. Kelce made a few great plays, but dropped a crucial catch and lost his head on a different play that cost them. Maclin made a few great plays, but dropped a few crucial ones. The Oline did a decent job, but the times in which they buckled were very costly. No running game to speak of... etc. etc. If any ONE of these things go the other way, Chiefs likely win. Just one.

Hammock Parties
01-31-2017, 01:06 PM
Even if the Raiders have to pay Carr and Mack, that still puts them far ahead of the Chiefs.

We have no franchise QB or elite pass rusher on this roster.

We have Alex Smith and a busted-ass Justin Houston.

DaneMcCloud
01-31-2017, 01:07 PM
Even if the Raiders have to pay Carr and Mack, that still puts them far ahead of the Chiefs.

And we're all stuck with a Claynus

The Franchise
01-31-2017, 01:09 PM
Houston will be back to his normal self next year. My guess would be 16-18 sacks.

Hammock Parties
01-31-2017, 01:10 PM
Houston will be back to his normal self next year. My guess would be 16-18 sacks.

I'll believe it when I see it.

We haven't seen "elite Justin Houston" since 2014.

That feels like eons ago at this juncture.

RunKC
01-31-2017, 01:11 PM

Derek Carr has never played well vs the Chiefs. We are his kryptonite

Hammock Parties
01-31-2017, 01:12 PM
Derek Carr has never played well vs the Chiefs. We are his kryptonite

Just another hurdle he has to get past. He has the talent and smarts to do it, and given that he's improved massively every single season, I wouldn't bet against him.

Mr. Laz
01-31-2017, 01:16 PM
Just another hurdle he has to get past. He has the talent and smarts to do it, and given that he's improved massively every single season, I wouldn't bet against him.
Then go be a fan of the fucking raiders, we don't need you.

trash your own, praise the opposition

fuck off

Mr. Laz
01-31-2017, 01:17 PM
injured by game 5

DaneMcCloud
01-31-2017, 01:18 PM
I wouldn't bet against him.

That's because you're fucking stupid

The Franchise
01-31-2017, 01:18 PM
Raider's offensive line cap hits over the next couple of years.

LT - Penn - $6.1M
LG - Osemele - $13.2M
C - Hudson - $6.85M
RG - Jackson - $852K
RT - Howard - $6.4M

LT - Penn is a FA
LG - Osemele - $10.2M
C - Hudson - $8.35M
RG - Jackson is a FA
RT - Howard - $6.9M

They're going to have to find a LT and pay Jackson over the next two years. All while dealing with the big cap hits from Hudson and Osemele. Plus add in Carr, Mack and Cooper.

RunKC
01-31-2017, 01:19 PM
Justin Houston is still as good as before. Even with a bad knee giving him problems he:

-dominated Denver
-got a sack and 2 more run stuffs vs Atlanta
-had a combined sack and QB hit resulting in a bad pass on a critical down vs Oakland

He's fine

Hammock Parties
01-31-2017, 01:20 PM
Justin Houston is still as good as before. Even with a bad knee giving him problems he:

-dominated Denver
-had a combined sack and QB hit resulting in a bad pass on a critical down vs Oakland

He's fine

Really? Dude was invisible in the playoff game.

Other than playing the worst RT in football I don't see the same player.

Mr. Laz
01-31-2017, 01:30 PM

-dominated Denver

He's fine
Now, wait, I thought it was playoff performance or nothing?

DaneMcCloud
01-31-2017, 01:33 PM
Houston's performance against Denver was on par with his performances before the injury occurred in 2015. Obviously, his body wasn't ready to provide similar performances and he was held out for weeks on end.

By the time he returned against Pittsburgh, he wasn't in football shape but I expect him to be ready to go in 2017.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
01-31-2017, 01:58 PM

That's worked out well for the Seahawks, right?

Carr and Mack will cost the Raiders a minimum of $40 million per year - maybe closer to $45 million. They'll need a left tackle because Penn is breaking down and old plus Amari Cooper's deal will be coming up soon. Their secondary is old and pretty much sucks, along with the rest of their defense. They'll need to hit on picks and if they don't, they'll need to reach into free agency, which isn't cheap when it comes to solid cornerbacks and safeties.

They face a shit ton of challenges but none more important than facing a first place schedule along with uncertainty of where the team will actually play their games.

Bingo. And Crabtree isn't getting any younger

GloryDayz
01-31-2017, 02:33 PM

-dominated Denver

He's fine

Wow, I wish I could agree. Perhaps we can hope he shows up more prominently next year than he did in our last game.

RunKC
01-31-2017, 02:56 PM
Wow, I wish I could agree. Perhaps we can hope he shows up more prominently next year than he did in our last game.

I was pissed that he wasn't himself in the playoff game, but it was clear that he wasn't healthy. He was a run stuffer and decoy more than a pass rusher.

I think having an offseason will get him back, but I really want to draft another pass rusher early just in case.

The Franchise
01-31-2017, 03:02 PM
Inwas pissed that he wasn't himself in the playoff game, but it was clear that he wasn't healthy. He was a run stuffer and decoy more than a pass rusher.

I think having an offseason will get him back, but I really want to draft another pass rusher early just in case.

That and I think Sutton was more worried about trying to shut down the run....more than rushing Ben.

GloryDayz
01-31-2017, 03:25 PM
I was pissed that he wasn't himself in the playoff game, but it was clear that he wasn't healthy. He was a run stuffer and decoy more than a pass rusher.

If DJ comes back (if...), it sure seems like we're going to have a huge number of star players playing within a hair of sitting out for an extended period again.

Scary.

raybec 4
01-31-2017, 03:45 PM

Not to pile on Sutton but he had Houston dropping into coverage quite a bit too. I flipped my shit when he was covering Brown one on one down the sideline. It was a miracle he made the tackle.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
01-31-2017, 03:47 PM

-dominated Denver

He's fine

Stephenson and Sambrailo aren't exactly quality players in the league. He has lost a step from what we've seen. If we want any chance of a run next season, our 18+ million dollar pass rusher better start bringing in those sacks

DaneMcCloud
01-31-2017, 04:07 PM
Stephenson and Sambrailo aren't exactly quality players in the league. He has lost a step from what we've seen. If we want any chance of a run next season, our 18+ million dollar pass rusher better start bringing in those sacks

Sambrailo is better suited at guard

RunKC
01-31-2017, 04:16 PM
Justin Houston was still a damn good even after his recovery. Alex is the old veteran that is declining.

Pasta Little Brioni
01-31-2017, 05:11 PM
Sambrailo sucks monkey nuts

pugsnotdrugs19
01-31-2017, 07:17 PM
Khalil Mack had 11 sacks this year in 16 games, Houston had 4 sacks in 5 games....

If Mack is elite, Houston is too. He clearly tailed off because of the knee, as it seemed he hardly even rushed the passer often against PIT or Tennessee.

If he makes the full recovery this offseason and can stay on the field, he has the skill set that allows a pass rusher to be a force for another 4-5 years, and maybe more. Will he ever have 22 sacks again? I highly doubt it, but who the hell does that once, let alone twice?

If I had to bet, I would guess Houston, Peters, Hill, and Kelce are our team MVPs next season.

ThaVirus
01-31-2017, 10:25 PM
If I had to bet, I would guess Houston, Peters, Hill, and Kelce are our team MVPs next season.

Really going out on a limb there

DaneMcCloud
01-31-2017, 10:29 PM
Really going out on a limb there

Better than Claynus neg repping me saying the Chiefs wouldn't win more than 10 games this season

ThaVirus
01-31-2017, 10:30 PM
Better than Claynus neg repping me saying the Chiefs wouldn't win more than 10 games this season

He's been predicting doom and gloom since the moment we traded for Alex.

He's a fraud.

Reerun_KC
01-31-2017, 10:56 PM
He's been predicting doom and gloom since the moment we traded for Alex.

He's a fraud.

And yet that fruad will be our starting QB next season.

TripleThreat
01-31-2017, 11:00 PM

Rofl so funny

Nickhead
01-31-2017, 11:13 PM

you really are a whinging little twatwaffle aren't you. with all the negative rep you have given me over the dumbest shit ever, i could decorate my christmas tree. and you cry about clay?

go to the bathroom and wipe your mangina, it's starting to mold. :D

ETA: you are a chicken shit DaneMcCumbubble. now i have the star on top of my tree.

DaneMcCloud
01-31-2017, 11:20 PM
you really are a whinging little twatwaffle aren't you. with all the negative rep you have given me over the dumbest shit ever, i could decorate my christmas tree. and you cry about clay?

go to the bathroom and wipe your mangina, it's starting to mold. :D

You're a worthless fucking cunt, which is even more evident from your support of Claynus.

Do us all a favor and go swimming tomorrow, aight, Mate?

Cunt.

DaneMcCloud
01-31-2017, 11:21 PM
ETA: you are a chicken shit DaneMcCumbubble. now i have the star on top of my tree.

Chicken shit? What?

Bring it, Dummy.

I welcome the challenge from a moron like you.

Nickhead
01-31-2017, 11:26 PM
Chicken shit? What?

Bring it, Dummy.

I welcome the challenge from a moron like you.

YAYYYYYY! and E-Fight Challenge. I am betting you have gotten your ass kicked so many times this is what you are left with.

Come on, show me how hard your internet punch is. Probably as weak as your postings. :D

Nickhead
01-31-2017, 11:29 PM
i will start it off:

you are so fat, in order to wipe your ass, you must first open a window :D

repost for you and your friends

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/xmDPdCzCfFM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

DaneMcCloud
01-31-2017, 11:33 PM
YAYYYYYY! and E-Fight Challenge. I am betting you have gotten your ass kicked so many times this is what you are left with.

Come on, show me how hard your internet punch is. Probably as weak as your postings. :D

DaneMcCloud
01-31-2017, 11:34 PM
And yet that fruad will be our starting QB next season.

Yearning for the days of Herm?

Nickhead
01-31-2017, 11:56 PM
Rofl so funny

drug use nsfw :D

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/w9cVi9IY6mo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Reerun_KC
02-01-2017, 12:24 AM

Begging for a NFL franchise QB..... 47 years....

Mephistopheles Janx
02-01-2017, 12:34 AM

We could improve our ILB.

Yearning for the days of Kawika Mitchell?

Ware was not as good of a replacement for Charles as we had hoped.

Yearning for the days of Donnell Bennett?

Eric Fisher isn't getting much better at LT. He isn't terrible but could probably be outplayed by a 3rd rounder.

Yearning for the days of Jordan Black?

LOL, just poking fun. Don't neg rep me, bro.

Pasta Little Brioni
02-01-2017, 06:09 AM
You're a worthless fucking cunt, which is even more evident from your support of Claynus.

Do us all a favor and go swimming tomorrow, aight, Mate?

Cunt.

He's a Zealander

milkman
02-01-2017, 09:20 AM
I think this entirely depends on their drafts moving forward. McKenzie knows the Packers formula just like John so it wouldn't surprise me if they continue to draft well.

The Packers formula?

Ted Thomson hasn't been nearly as good at team building as he has been painted.

The 1 SB was on the shoulders of Rodgers and Charles Woodson, and they have only been relevant because of Rodgers since then.

John Schnieder and John Dorsey have both been better at their respective jobs, and Reggie McKensy has, thus far, done an outstanding job with the Raiders, and he had a lot more work at the beginning than either.

RunKC
02-01-2017, 09:26 AM
The Packers formula?

Ted Thomson hasn't been nearly as good at team building as he has been painted.

The 1 SB was on the shoulders of Rodgers and Charles Woodson, and they have only been relevant because of Rodgers since then.

John Schnieder and John Dorsey have both been better at their respective jobs, and Reggie McKensy has, thus far, done an outstanding job with the Raiders, and he had a lot more work at the beginning than either.

They are better at their jobs bc they utilize FA. Ted Thompson not utilizing FA has killed that team. This article explains it perfectly:

http://www.jsonline.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/mcginn/2017/01/28/mcginn-ted-thompsons-formula-success-fizzles/97136720/

milkman
02-01-2017, 09:27 AM
They are better at their jobs bc they utilize FA. Ted Thompson not utilizing FA has killed that team. This article explains it perfectly:

http://www.jsonline.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/mcginn/2017/01/28/mcginn-ted-thompsons-formula-success-fizzles/97136720/

They all have done an overall better job in the draft.

Reerun_KC
02-01-2017, 09:28 AM
2017, the year of Alexcuses v2.0

New World Order
02-01-2017, 09:29 AM
I like this Nick guy.

He's got spunk

Pasta Little Brioni
02-01-2017, 09:29 AM

Super Bowl!!

New World Order
02-01-2017, 09:31 AM

Play-calling, offensive line, drops and defensive rushing yards...

Did I miss any?

Edit: No official statistic for 'setting up the punter'

RunKC
02-01-2017, 09:55 AM
They all have done an overall better job in the draft.

Yeah but that's probably to be expected when you lose 3 of your top horses from your team.

We'll see how Dorsey does with Ballard gone. He's been training guys like Brett Veach for 4 years

Baby Lee
02-01-2017, 10:43 AM
Add Zona to the QB hunt.

Palmer sold his AZ home, nothing definitive, but enough to get them wee-weed up, I'm sure.

kcchiefsus
02-01-2017, 11:13 AM

If only we had writers in KC who would call out our teams like that...

RealSNR
02-01-2017, 05:16 PM
Play-calling, offensive line, drops and defensive rushing yards...

Did I miss any?

Edit: No official statistic for 'setting up the punter'

They can all be summarized with, "He didn't lose the game. What more do you want?"

Reerun_KC
02-01-2017, 06:38 PM
They can all be summarized with, "He didn't lose the game. What more do you want?"

A QB not posing as some junk game manager...

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-01-2017, 09:25 PM
Since when is Father Time considered "pressure"?

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-01-2017, 09:26 PM
So Andy Reid is willing to go down with the anchor, then.

Good grief.

Reerun_KC
02-01-2017, 09:29 PM
So Andy Reid is willing to go down with the anchor, then.

Good grief.

Yes most stubborn rehashed coaches are. Just because he is the chiefs coach doesn't mean. He is changing from his true roots.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-01-2017, 09:37 PM
Yes most stubborn rehashed coaches are. Just because he is the chiefs coach doesn't mean. He is changing from his true roots.

Hated that hire from day one.

LOVED the Dorsey hire, and haven't seen any reason to regret it. The only positive I take away from that tone of conversation, is that it definitely has a "this is my last ride and Imma' saddle up YOU for our trip to the glue factory".

If they both retired simultaneously, it will have been well worth it.

Then, they guy that is actually RESPONSIBLE for this turn-around can get on with hiring an aggressive young coach who's not tied to veteran, used garbages for Quarterbacks.

New World Order
02-01-2017, 11:14 PM
Hey guys check out this sweet Matt Cassel gif I found

http://cdn3.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/696050/alexwtf.0.gif

Hammock Parties
02-01-2017, 11:19 PM
Hey guys check out this sweet Matt Cassel gif I found

http://cdn3.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/696050/alexwtf.0.gif

That's not a Matt Cassel gif.

THIS is a Matt Cassel gif.

http://i.imgur.com/q0TbV2F.gif

New World Order
02-01-2017, 11:24 PM
Look at Cassel's ability to throw on the move!

https://cdn2.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/1hMUoQOk2xVe6ksrb-k1LBL31Ow=/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/4105746/chiefs__2_.0.gif

Hammock Parties
02-01-2017, 11:25 PM
Look at Cassel's ability to throw on the move!

Also on display here...

http://i.imgur.com/nB9oQf4.gif

New World Order
02-01-2017, 11:29 PM
ol' number 11.

I still have my Grbac jersey.

At least he threw it down the field, although it was sometimes into triple coverage.

Chiefspants
02-01-2017, 11:33 PM
To all you doubters.

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/447/760/edc.gif

Nickhead
02-01-2017, 11:34 PM
ol' number 11.

I still have my Grbac jersey.

At least he threw it down the field, although it was sometimes into triple coverage.

between grbac and bono, i was always waiting for the running back to come back to the huddle and pop them in the mouth for throwing at their ankles. i have blocked cassel from my memory so i am not sure if he did it too :D