PDA

View Full Version : Home and Auto Unreal Estate Game: Round 2, Heat 2: VT, MT, MO, CO, MA

Rain Man
01-30-2017, 06:06 PM
We have a nice variety of states and houses in this heat. Pick one, taking into account the house, the location, the state, the climate, the nearby availability of Imo's Pizza...everything.

Vermont - http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/5494_Westford_VT_M30932-53670

Montana - http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/770-Pallo-Trl_Hamilton_MT_59840_M77008-06413

Missouri - http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/5446-Stone-Ledge-Cir_Osage-Beach_MO_65065_M80602-21848

Colorado - http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/336-Crest-Dr_Idaho-Springs_CO_80452_M23211-28416

Massachusetts - https://www.coldwellbankerhomes.com/ma/west-tisbury/219-charles-neck-way/pid_15399213/

Massachusetts apparently sold, but I found it on another site, so it'll look a bit different.

Otter
01-30-2017, 06:30 PM
Colorado all the way with Vermont as a close 2nd</br></br>I think you're SOL on the Mass listing Rain Man.

Rain Man
01-30-2017, 07:04 PM
My rankings. I'm really torn between Montana, Vermont, and Colorado.

Montana - The house isn't as cool as the Vermont house, but it's nice. It's not great in terms of location near services, but I bet it's got great access to trails within a mile or two. The fact that I'm a westerner by nature edges this house over Vermont.

Vermont - Oh, that Vermont house. It's pretty much the coolest house ever. The location isn't ideal - 2-3 miles from restaurants and the state forest is five miles away for runs. But that may be the coolest house in the whole competition. What are winters like in Vermont?

Colorado - This house is enormous, and it's really cool to be located half a mile from a glacier. I love Colorado, and I've considered buying a small cabin in this very era. But the sheer volume of snow frightens me. You seriously have a lot of snow at this elevation in the winter.

Missouri - This is a pretty amazing house, really. Awesome house. But man, you're driving everywhere. And Missouri has mosquitoes like crazy.

Massachusetts - Martha's Vineyard is cool, but this is the least impressive house in my opinion and it doesn't have cool locational advantages. I wonder if the climate is more mild on an island? It still doesn't stack up.

rockymtnchief
01-30-2017, 07:19 PM
Tough choices, but I went Montana.

Indian Chief
01-30-2017, 09:47 PM
Had Montana 1 and Vermont 2. I really liked that Missouri house but not much desire to live in that area.

TribalElder
01-30-2017, 10:03 PM
Montana Colorado Missouri

cdcox
01-30-2017, 10:15 PM
Missouri. My family vacationed at Osage Beach when I was growing up. The house is fantastic. It is the furthest south and shortest winter. Access to water. I would prefer to be closer to a major city, but in this round it is the clear winner.

GMitch
01-30-2017, 10:16 PM
The Missouri house is definitely the best but that's not where I want to live. I'd love to live in Colorado but not in that house. Vermont is the winner.

DJ's left nut
01-30-2017, 10:18 PM
Missouri was a shockingly strong contender but holy crap the Vermont house is cool.

Rain Man
01-30-2017, 10:20 PM
The Missouri house is definitely the best but that's not where I want to live. I'd love to live in Colorado but not in that house. Vermont is the winner.

I've never been to Vermont. I have the impression that Vermonters are aloof and introverted, which is my kind of folk. I feel like I could live there.

cdcox
01-30-2017, 10:26 PM
Vermont: 9 months of winter and 3 months of rough sledding

EPodolak
01-30-2017, 10:56 PM
I've got Missouri by an edge over Vermont, because of the lake-front. The house in Vermont is my fav of those.

Gadzooks
01-30-2017, 11:50 PM
I went with Missouri house based on the waterfront locale alone.

If the Denver CO house had won it's heat I would've easily picked it over any of these options.

Bowser
01-30-2017, 11:50 PM
Yes, my two story bathroom!

It's in the middle of nowhere and the winters are likely complete shit in Vermont, but I'd take it. Osage Beach is a close second....

Gadzooks
01-30-2017, 11:52 PM
Yes, my two story bathroom!

It's in the middle of nowhere and the winters are likely complete shit in Vermont, but I'd take it. Osage Beach is a close second....

You'd eventually break your neck on those stairs if the winter didn't kill you first.

Bowser
01-30-2017, 11:55 PM
You'd eventually break your neck on those stairs if the winter didn't kill you first.

Probably likely, but those first responders would be impressed as hell with my banging ass two story bathroom.

ThaVirus
01-31-2017, 08:45 AM
That Montana home looks cozy AF but it's down to Vermont or Missouri. I'd prefer Missouri due to that water view but the Vermont house isn't probably better overall and I'm just not sure I could live in a state that sounds so much like misery.

Bowser
01-31-2017, 08:51 AM
That Montana home looks cozy AF but it's down to Vermont or Missouri. I'd prefer Missouri due to that water view but the Vermont house isn't probably better overall and I'm just not sure I could live in a state that sounds so much like misery.

Osage Beach is a fun summer vacation town with tons to do, so it has that going for it. The Vermont house looks like it's close to being in the middle of nowhere, but I love that layout and the land around it. Can't go wrong with either, imo.

ThaVirus
01-31-2017, 09:05 AM
Osage Beach is a fun summer vacation town with tons to do, so it has that going for it. The Vermont house looks like it's close to being in the middle of nowhere, but I love that layout and the land around it. Can't go wrong with either, imo.

That was definitely a drawback for the Vermont home. I'm not going to click the link again but I remember it from the original VT poll. I believe it's pretty old and the layout and environment definitely look like the setting of more than a few scary movies.

But good Lord, that weird little crow's next room up top with the expansive view is awesome.

DJ's left nut
01-31-2017, 09:43 AM
I've never been to Vermont. I have the impression that Vermonters are aloof and introverted, which is my kind of folk. I feel like I could live there.

I've known a couple of people from Vermont and the problem is that they are aloof but not nearly as introverted as you claim.

They're snobby as hell and are loud about letting you know all the ways they're better than you.

That said - fuck 'em. I'll hole up in my baller-ass house in the country and spend a lot of time with you fine folks on CP instead. That house is less than 2 hours from Montreal, 3ish hours away from Ontario and 20 minutes away from Lake Champlain. Even heading out to Portland, Maine would be an easy little morning drive (no worse than Columbia to Joplin).

That's a damn cool spot to be. The upper northeast is beautiful country and having visited Maine in the summer, there aren't many better places to be that time of year.

Rain Man
01-31-2017, 10:30 AM
I've known a couple of people from Vermont and the problem is that they are aloof but not nearly as introverted as you claim.

They're snobby as hell and are loud about letting you know all the ways they're better than you.

That said - **** 'em. I'll hole up in my baller-ass house in the country and spend a lot of time with you fine folks on CP instead. That house is less than 2 hours from Montreal, 3ish hours away from Ontario and 20 minutes away from Lake Champlain. Even heading out to Portland, Maine would be an easy little morning drive (no worse than Columbia to Joplin).

That's a damn cool spot to be. The upper northeast is beautiful country and having visited Maine in the summer, there aren't many better places to be that time of year.

Two hours from Montreal? Maybe I shouldn't have chosen Montana.

This one was really hard.

lewdog
01-31-2017, 04:57 PM
That fucking house in Missouri is fucking awesome.

If it wasn't going against some others in this heat, it's a great house and decent location.

Chiefnj2
01-31-2017, 08:05 PM
How the heck did a MT and VT house win the preliminaries without any property?

Missouri by default

Rain Man
02-01-2017, 11:20 AM
How the heck did a MT and VT house win the preliminaries without any property?

Missouri by default

I don't like yardwork.

Missouri has made a huge rally. We'll see if they knock off Montana or if Montana holds the lead.

I'm a little sad to see Vermont likely going down, though. That house is great.

ChiefsCountry
02-01-2017, 04:54 PM
If any you want to buy that Osage Beach house hit me up.

Rain Man
02-01-2017, 04:58 PM
If any you want to buy that Osage Beach house hit me up.

Is it yours, or is this one of those Brooklyn Bridge scams?