PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Alex Smith or Jimmy Garoppolo?

Pages : [1] 2

milkman
02-04-2017, 08:56 AM
If those are your only choices, would you rather stand pat with Smith or give up a high draft pick for Garoppolo?

O.city
02-04-2017, 08:58 AM
Stay with smith.

Iirc, Jimmy is gonna need a new deal soon, if not now, and we don't really know what he is

notorious
No.

SAUTO
Can we trade Smith? What would he bring in return?

notorious
Can we trade Smith? What would he bring in return?

Happiness.

In all seriousness, maybe a 4th if we are lucky. Everyone knows what he is.

rico
02-04-2017, 09:01 AM
If those were our only choices?

Garappolo.

He would at least ease the apathy I feel knowing we have Alex as our QB.

Buehler445
02-04-2017, 09:02 AM
Not for a high draft pick.

Frazod
02-04-2017, 09:10 AM
Would Garoppolo come with another high level executive who'll do everything in his power to sabotage the team? Because it really wouldn't be any fun otherwise.

Red Dawg
02-04-2017, 09:18 AM
I rather Jimmy but he's not going to be our long term answer. If he was good Bill wouldn't be looking for a sucker to take him. I certainly would not give up any picks for him.

Iconic
02-04-2017, 09:19 AM
Realistically Garoppolo is going to fetch a first or something equal to it. As a result it's about getting the highest amount of value from that first round pick you will expend.

So I think the question really becomes can you find a QB in this draft class, or next years, that is of better than or of equal value to Garoppolo.

The answer for me personally is yes. Not this year. But next years draft class is stacked to where we wouldn't even have to trade up to get our QBOTF.

This is really a question that you leave up to talent evaluators. Is he better than what's about to come out of college the next two years? Is he worth foregoing the coveted 5th year option?

Really not sure.

CaliforniaChief
02-04-2017, 09:19 AM
In that scenario I'd stick with Smith and find a way to trade up and draft a QB in round 1.

BossChief
02-04-2017, 09:22 AM
I'm not sure I can handle the team trading for another backup QB.

Jimmy Bono Grbac Cassel Smith can go get over paid elsewhere.

Step 1: trade Alex Smith to the Jets
Step 2: trade/cut Foles
Step 3: trade for Romo
Step 4: trade up in the first round of the draft for a QB
Step 5: bolster the defense with the remaining picks

milkman
02-04-2017, 09:24 AM
This is what I think.

I haven't watched much college football over the past couple of season, so I can not offer any opinions on the QBs available in this draft.

However, from what I'm reading from the people whose opinions I value, the QB who seems to have a high ceiling that might be available within the Chiefs range in this draft is Pat Mahomes, so if we could land him, I'd be all for it.

If, however, he moved up the boards after the combines and workouts, then I would rather trade for Garroplo than stand pat with Smith.

I would then try to extend him to a deal that makes his contract expendable after 2 years, so that if he proves to be a bust, the team can move on from.

That way, the risk in trading for Garapollo is no greater than drafting a QB.

milkman
02-04-2017, 09:25 AM
Realistically Garoppolo is going to fetch a first or something equal to it. As a result it's about getting the highest amount of value from that first round pick you will expend.

So I think the question really becomes can you find a QB in this draft class, or next years, that is of better than or of equal value to Garoppolo.

The answer for me personally is yes. Not this year. But next years draft class is stacked to where we wouldn't even have to trade up to get our QBOTF.

This is really a question that you leave up to talent evaluators. Is he better than what's about to come out of college the next two years? Is he worth foregoing the coveted 5th year option?

Really not sure.

The QB draft class is always stacked next year.

bevischief
02-04-2017, 09:39 AM
Hell why not start Bray? About the same crap shoot.

milkman
02-04-2017, 09:42 AM
Hell why not start Bray? About the same crap shoot.

I am not against many ideas that has us moving on from Smith, and this one is not an exception.

Hammock Parties
02-04-2017, 09:43 AM
I'll take the rapidly expiring option over the mindless, fruitless and pointless extension of mediocrity option.

The Franchise
02-04-2017, 09:43 AM
Trade Smith.
Keep Foles.
Draft Mahomes.

RealSNR
02-04-2017, 09:52 AM
Who's the last backup QB a team traded for who won a Super Bowl?

Brett Favre? What about before then?

Fuck no to other team backups. Particularly backups from THAT fucking team.

I'll fuck myself with Smith, thank you very much.

DaneMcCloud
02-04-2017, 10:13 AM
If the choice is Smith or Jimmy G, I'm going with Jimmy G.

He was highly rated by many in 2014 and Kyle Shanahan recently said it was a toss up between Carr and Garoppolo in his mind when he was with Cleveland, but the brass ignored him and chose Manziel.

Garoppolo showed great poise in his two starts, both wins, has indeal size and arm strength and IMO, would be a great fit for Reid's WCO.

The Chiefs could then trade Smith, which would slightly offset the trade compensation and free up cap space for at least 2017.

Hammock Parties
02-04-2017, 10:27 AM
Garoppolo showed great poise in his two starts, both wins, has indeal size and arm strength and IMO, would be a great fit for Reid's WCO.

Garoppola is 6 foot 2. (http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/jimmy-garoppolo?id=2543801)

That's not ideal size.

His arm isn't that great either.

If this team trades for another backup QB they are dumb as fuck.

loochy
02-04-2017, 10:28 AM
No

And

No

MahiMike
02-04-2017, 10:28 AM
OK! Here we go!

TigeRRUppeRRcut
02-04-2017, 10:32 AM

**** no to other team backups. Particularly backups from THAT ****ing team.

I'll **** myself with Smith, thank you very much.

The only person I can think of is Steve Young, more than 2 decades ago

loochy
02-04-2017, 10:35 AM
https://media.giphy.com/media/12XMGIWtrHBl5e/giphy.gif

DaneMcCloud
02-04-2017, 10:38 AM
If this team trades for another backup QB they are dumb as fuck.

You're dumb as fuck

DaneMcCloud
02-04-2017, 10:42 AM
FOXBORO, Mass. — When Jimmy Garoppolo was preparing to enter the 2014 NFL Draft, Bruce Arians saw a lot of Tony Romo in the young quarterback — and not just because the quarterbacks are from the same school. “I think (Garoppolo and Romo) both were similar sizes, arm strength, very accurate,” Arians said Wednesday in a conference call with reporters. “Both moved around good.”

Read more at: http://nesn.com/2016/09/jimmy-garoppolo-brings-tony-romo-like-skill-set-to-patriots-bruce-arians-says/

---
So Romo arm isn't that good, either?

BossChief
02-04-2017, 10:44 AM
Dane, please tell me you're joking and aren't really advocating trading a first and change for a QB the Chiefs would need to give a sizable extension to within a year.

Haven't we watched that movie enough times the last 30+ years?

Trading for Jimmy BonoCassel would be the definition of insanity.

Mr. Laz
02-04-2017, 10:45 AM
Alex Smith
1st round pick
4th round pick
relatively cheap contract(21st in the NFL for QBs)

vs

Jimmy Garropolo
9 million in dead cap space
another contract+signing bonus

More of the real choices

BlackHelicopters
02-04-2017, 10:51 AM
What the hell is this shit?

DaneMcCloud
02-04-2017, 10:51 AM
Dane, please tell me you're joking and aren't really advocating trading a first and change for a QB the Chiefs would need to give a sizable extension to within a year.

The question is "Smith or Garopollo".

I'll take Garopollo.

Smith has hit his ceiling and 2017 will be a wasted year with him as the starting QB.

DaneMcCloud
02-04-2017, 10:53 AM
Jimmy Garropolo
9 million in dead cap space
another contract+signing bonus

Nope. If they traded for Garropolo, they could do what the Redskins have done and Franchise Tag him for 2018.

BWillie
02-04-2017, 10:55 AM
Alex Smith, and it's not even close.

milkman
02-04-2017, 10:56 AM

I am not advocating that the Chiefs actively persue a trade.

I am discussing the potential of making that choice if they are left with the scraps of this QB class.

I have reached my breaking point with Smith, and would rather risk moving forward with Garoppolo, if those were my only options.

Chief Roundup
02-04-2017, 10:57 AM

Contradict yourself much?
Trading for Romo would be the stupidest thing ever.

NJChiefsFan
02-04-2017, 10:58 AM

In 2018 the answer to this question will be Tony Romo, Chiefs, 2017.

chiefzilla1501
02-04-2017, 11:03 AM
No to Garoppolo.

I don't see any point in doing it. And I'm tired of trading for other people's retreads let alone Patriot retreads who have consistently failed on other teams. Alex Smith has 2 years left and I'd be shocked if we extended him. At worst, we have to deal with him for 2 more years.

It's not the worst thing in the world to have Alex Smith as a QB if it's only a short time. He gives the Chiefs and outside chance at a Super Bowl which is more than you can say about most QBs. But we need to fight like hell this year to draft a QB we believe is a QBOTF. The ideal scenario for me is to get Deshaun Watson even if it means a trade-up, then spend the next 2 years developing him. Judging by Dorsey and Reid's tone, it sounds like they understand the urgency to bring in a good young QB.

BossChief
02-04-2017, 11:03 AM
Contradict yourself much?
Trading for Romo would be the stupidest thing ever.

Tony Romo is t even close to a guy that should be rightfully labeled a backup.

He has had a full year for his back to heal and is a legit top 5 QB when healthy.

Another big factor in trading for him is that his contract contains no guaranteed money and is very reasonable for 3 years.

If we trade for him and he gets hurt, he can be cut with no dead money.

It's essentially a low risk/huge reward roll of the dice.

Trading for Romo and drafting a QB high in the draft is absolutely the right move.

Chief Roundup
02-04-2017, 11:10 AM
Tony Romo is t even close to a guy that should be rightfully labeled a backup.

He has had a full year for his back to heal and is a legit top 5 QB when healthy.

Another big factor in trading for him is that his contract contains no guaranteed money and is very reasonable for 3 years.

If we trade for him and he gets hurt, he can be cut with no dead money.

It's essentially a low risk/huge reward roll of the dice.

Trading for Romo and drafting a QB high in the draft is absolutely the right move.
Romo is most definitely a backup at best. The Cowboys left him in that backup roll after he was healthy for a rookie late round draft pick. A team that hast stood by him with his glaring flaws. They have gotten a chance to move on from him and will do it faster than someone playing hot potato. He is not a top 5 QB in this league. He has not been able to lead that team anywhere when a late round rookie QB has. He has not been much more than a choker that cannot stay healthy.

Coogs
02-04-2017, 11:13 AM
At this point in time both Boss and Pest's scenarios have to be considered as options. I am in favor of either of those two. If, in time, neither of those options pan out and we are left with MM's scenario, I'd stay with Smith. Draft Mahomes or Watson, and have an honest to God QB competition in training camp.

DaneMcCloud
02-04-2017, 11:17 AM
At this point in time both Boss and Pest's scenarios have to be considered as options. I am in favor of either of those two. If, in time, neither of those options pan out and we are left with MM's scenario, I'd stay with Smith. Draft Mahomes or Watson, and have an honest to God QB competition in training camp.

Watson and Mahomes are both at least a year away from being an NFL starter and I have my doubts that Watson will ever become an effective NFL starter.

Some of you guys are acting as if Mahomes and some of the other QB's are absolutely "Locks" to become Elite QB's.

That's not even close to being the case.

Rasputin
02-04-2017, 11:19 AM
This is what I think.

I haven't watched much college football over the past couple of season, so I can not offer any opinions on the QBs available in this draft.

However, from what I'm reading from the people whose opinions I value, the QB who seems to have a high ceiling that might be available within the Chiefs range in this draft is Pat Mahomes, so if we could land him, I'd be all for it.

If, however, he moved up the boards after the combines and workouts, then I would rather trade for Garroplo than stand pat with Smith.

I would then try to extend him to a deal that makes his contract expendable after 2 years, so that if he proves to be a bust, the team can move on from.

That way, the risk in trading for Garapollo is no greater than drafting a QB.

Drafting a quarterback wouldn't go against our cap space but trading for a guy and giving a new contract would so I'm going say no.

I just care about drafting our own for a change.

Coogs
02-04-2017, 11:23 AM
Watson and Mahomes are both at least a year away from being an NFL starter and I have my doubts that Watson will ever become an effective NFL starter.

Some of you guys are acting as if Mahomes and some of the other QB's are absolutely "Locks" to become Elite QB's.

That's not even close to being the case.I am no QB guru by any stretch. I have just seen both of those 2 play several games, and they both played well in the games I saw. I've only watched ND, NC, and Miami play once this past year, and was underwhelmed by those 3 QB's the games I saw.

farmerchief
02-04-2017, 11:24 AM
If those are your only choices, would you rather stand pat with Smith or give up a high draft pick for Garoppolo?
A straight up trade, yep, I would be interested. Giving up a high draft pick, nope, Id pass.

DaneMcCloud
02-04-2017, 11:34 AM
I am no QB guru by any stretch. I have just seen both of those 2 play several games, and they both played well in the games I saw. I've only watched ND, NC, and Miami play once this past year, and was underwhelmed by those 3 QB's the games I saw.

I don't know what your definition of "playing well" is but there's an ongoing discussion about Watson in the Draft Forum where most people are seeing eye to eye with Watson's deficiencies and questions.

As far as Mahomes, he's extremely raw, way rawer than Ryan Tannehill (which is probably his ceiling at this point). He played in the Big 12 so he faced crap defenses, so he can't read defenses and played in the Air Raid. He has serious upside, but the question is "Can and when will he reach it?".

None of these guys are Andrew Luck or Carson Wentz or Dak Prescott, et al.

oldman
02-04-2017, 11:42 AM
I'll stick with Smith if that's the only choice I have. I agree with Dane that Mahomes is pretty raw and could use a year to work on some skills. One guy I wouldn't mind taking a close look at this year is Peterman from Pitt. He'll need some polishing. I only saw a couple of his games this year, but he seemed to be able to move as well as stand in the pocket.

Coogs
02-04-2017, 11:46 AM
They completed a high percentage of their passes for a lot of yards and TD's, and performed at a high level at crunch time when needed. I watch college football more for entertainment than judging footwork and the likes.

DaneMcCloud
02-04-2017, 11:49 AM
They completed a high percentage of their passes for a lot of yards and TD's, and performed at a high level at crunch time when needed. I watch college football more for entertainment than judging footwork and the likes.

If QB's can't read defenses and don't play in a Pro Style offense, most likely, it'll take a few years for them to learn the Pro Game, if ever.

Watson and Mahomes are two guys that can't read defenses. Watson's a mess, IMO. I wouldn't touch the guy.

Coogs
02-04-2017, 11:56 AM
If QB's can't read defenses and don't play in a Pro Style offense, most likely, it'll take a few years for them to learn the Pro Game, if ever.

Watson and Mahomes are two guys that can't read defenses. Watson's a mess, IMO. I wouldn't touch the guy.

Like I said, I am no QB guru. They looked like they knew what they were doing when I watched them.

I just answered MM 's question. My first two options are Bossman's and Pest's. If faced with MM's choice, Smith and a draft pick.

stumppy
02-04-2017, 12:02 PM
I know next to nothing about Garoppolo but.....
At this point I want them to go with the Not Alex Smith option. Trading with Belichick is akin to playing poker with someone who is using a marked deck. If, and only if the Chiefs can't pick up a potential franchise QB in the draft I'd trade for Garoppolo. And during the negotiations with Belichick I keep my back to the wall, my head on a swivel, hand on my wallet, and the car running just outside the door.

Rasputin
02-04-2017, 12:11 PM
I know how this turns out. Bill Belichick takes our draft picks and picks a quarterback and wins MOOORE SUPER BOWLS.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-04-2017, 12:17 PM
I know how this turns out. Bill Belichick takes our draft picks and picks a quarterback and wins MOOORE SUPER BOWLS.

Now that sounds about right.

bricks
02-04-2017, 12:18 PM
I wouldn't risk trading for Garoppolo.

I could see Belicheck wanting a 1st rounder for him.

It's not worth the risk considering that there is a small sample size.

I'm not a fan of Smith but would rather keep him for now and save the draft picks.

Chiefs should just go the draft route for a QB. For them, I don't think it's about winning a Superbowl now anyway. It's better to focus on 2, 3 years from now.

Just wait till Brady retires, prime your QB in the meantime while he is playing. I think it's unrealistic to think that the QB you draft now could come in right away and be as good as Tom Brady. No QB in the draft will match his skill and competitiveness level immediately but if you make him an understudy maybe in 2, 3 years he could? or at least come close?

Meatloaf
02-04-2017, 12:22 PM
Why would New England get rid of Garoppolo in the first place? It's not like Brady's a spring chicken. Wouldn't they be keeping Garoppolo if they felt he was "the answer" to Brady's eventual retirement?

I'm all for moving on from Alex, but not for Garoppolo. I'd much rather keep Alex and draft a guy....or two....or three until I found my man.

Just saw Bricks reply. Could've saved space by just saying "ditto".

stumppy
02-04-2017, 12:28 PM
I wouldn't risk trading for Garoppolo.

I could see Belicheck wanting a 1st rounder for him.

It's not worth the risk considering that there is a small sample size.

I'm not a fan of Smith but would rather keep him for now and save the draft picks.

Chiefs should just go the draft route for a QB. For them, I don't think it's about winning a Superbowl now anyway. It's better to focus on 2, 3 years from now.

Just wait till Brady retires, prime your QB in the meantime while he is playing. I think it's unrealistic to think that the QB you draft now could come in right away and be as good as Tom Brady. No QB in the draft will match his skill and competitiveness level immediately but if you make him an understudy maybe in 2, 3 years he could? or at least come close?

The Chiefs don't need a Tom Brady QB to win. If that was the criteria for drafting a QB in the top rounds nobody would draft one. We just an above average QB for this team to be able to compete consistently with every other team.

Hammock Parties
02-04-2017, 12:31 PM
As I stated about Garoppolo a few days ago:

For his career, almost 85 percent of Garoppolo's completions are passes thrown 10 yards or less. (44/52)

That's 7 percent HIGHER than dink-and-dunkin' 2016 ALEX SMITH. (255/328)

Do. Not. Want.

stumppy
02-04-2017, 12:33 PM
Why would New England get rid of Garoppolo in the first place? It's not like Brady's a spring chicken. Wouldn't they be keeping Garoppolo if they felt he was "the answer" to Brady's eventual retirement?

I'm all for moving on from Alex, but not for Garoppolo. I'd much rather keep Alex and draft a guy....or two....or three until I found my man.

I doubt Belichick is concerned about picking up another QB on down the road when Brady is ready to retire. Which looks like it'll be a few years at the least, could be 5 or 6. Not when he could swap his current clip board carrier for draft picks that could have an immediate impact.

DaneMcCloud
02-04-2017, 12:38 PM
I doubt Belichick is concerned about picking up another QB on down the road when Brady is ready to retire. Which looks like it'll be a few years at the least, could be 5 or 6. Not when he could swap his current clip board carrier for draft picks that could have an immediate impact.

Belichick drafted Jacoby Brissett this year, who started for the Patriots this season and went 1-1 for 400 yards, zero TD's and zero INT's with 1 rushing TD.

61.8% passing completion.

Once Jimmy G is gone, this guy slides into the #2 spot.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
02-04-2017, 12:41 PM
I don't know what your definition of "playing well" is but there's an ongoing discussion about Watson in the Draft Forum where most people are seeing eye to eye with Watson's deficiencies and questions.

As far as Mahomes, he's extremely raw, way rawer than Ryan Tannehill (which is probably his ceiling at this point). He played in the Big 12 so he faced crap defenses, so he can't read defenses and played in the Air Raid. He has serious upside, but the question is "Can and when will he reach it?".

None of these guys are Andrew Luck or Carson Wentz or Dak Prescott, et al.

Yup. What we are seeing on CP is another case of the Geno Smith/Paxton Lynch hype train that is headed for a nose dive off a cliff

stumppy
02-04-2017, 12:53 PM
Belichick drafted Jacoby Brissett this year, who started for the Patriots this season and went 1-1 for 400 yards, zero TD's and zero INT's with 1 rushing TD.

61.8% passing completion.

Once Jimmy G is gone, this guy slides into the #2 spot.

Forgot about that.

RealSNR
02-04-2017, 01:12 PM
I am not advocating that the Chiefs actively persue a trade.

I am discussing the potential of making that choice if they are left with the scraps of this QB class.

I have reached my breaking point with Smith, and would rather risk moving forward with Garoppolo, if those were my only options.

We keep "missing" on QBs in the draft because the GMs/coaches we've had are constantly in the middle of trying to make their current traded veteran backup QB work out.

If we're frustrated with Smith, and Mahomes and a lot of other QBs this year aren't to our liking, then let's not fuck us over in the longterm just so we can have a mediocre "answer" in the short term.

Andy Reid had a 4-1 record with AJ Feeley in 2001. Jeff Garcia once filled in for half of a season under Andy Reid and damn near looked like an unbeatable all-pro. Andy Reid may not be a QB genius that people claim him to be, but I'll be damned if the guy can't squeeze wins out of shitty QBs. Is there anybody who doubts if Reid could get 8 wins out of Aaron Murray? And that's just if the Chiefs aren't trying hard at all.

If we're done with Smith, then be done with him. Get an asshat like Foles as a stopgap, and find your guy of the future. If it's not this year, then try again next year. But don't spend a 1st and a 4th for Jeanine Garrafalo because you don't like the QB class, and then pass up on a QB in 2018 because you just spent all that draft stock and now a contract extension on the shitty backup.

Stop fucking trading for veteran backups. It never fucking works. Don't be afraid to suck at the QB position. Striving for the "best" in a bad situation will always lead to Alex Smiths and Matt Cassels.

bricks
02-04-2017, 01:13 PM
The Chiefs don't need a Tom Brady QB to win. If that was the criteria for drafting a QB in the top rounds nobody would draft one. We just an above average QB for this team to be able to compete consistently with every other team.

Im using Tom Brady as a "standard."

If you want to compete with the best, then you need to aim "high!"

One thing I do know about accomplishing something, is that when you set the bar high, the greater the reward you will receive for yourself. That's the mindset this organization needs to employ.

It's like writing a test, if you say to yourself I want a 60% you're not gonna try as hard because your standards are low, and as a result, the less of a reward you will receive for yourself.

On the other hand, if you say, I want to ace the exam and get perfect, you may not achieve perfection, but the reward in return will be great.

Greatness is NOT an accident. It all starts with the proper mindset. Striving for perfection increases a demand for excellence in return. That's what separates doctors from nurses, it's what separates CEOs from regular average joe employees.

FYI, I didn't exactly say the QB has to be Tom Brady like because I was acknowledging that he could be as close to being as good.

stumppy
02-04-2017, 01:21 PM

If you want to compete with the best, then you need to aim "high!"

One thing I do know about accomplishing something, is that when you set the bar high, the greater the reward you will receive for yourself. That's the mindset this organization needs to employ.

It's like writing a test, if you say to yourself I want a 60% you're not gonna try as hard because your standards are low, and as a result, the less of a reward you will receive for yourself.

On the other hand, if you say, I want to ace the exam and get perfect, you may not achieve perfection, but the reward in return will be great.

Greatness is NOT an accident. It all starts with the proper mindset. Striving for perfection increases a demand for excellence in return. That's what separates doctors from nurses, it's what separates CEOs from regular average joe employees.

FYI, I didn't exactly say the QB has to be Tom Brady like because I was acknowledging that he could be as close to being as good.

I get that. That's what everyone wants.
I'm pretty sure that approach is the reason the Chiefs haven't drafted a 1st round QB since 1983.
It's not like I advocate them taking just anybody. But setting that bar so high has got them dip squat for a franchise QB.

Chiefshrink
02-04-2017, 01:25 PM
and we don't really know what he is

Remember Mallet ?

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-04-2017, 01:26 PM
Yup. What we are seeing on CP is another case of the Geno Smith/Paxton Lynch hype train that is headed for a nose dive off a cliff

:rolleyes:

Idiot.

Chiefshrink
02-04-2017, 01:30 PM
If, however, he moved up the boards after the combines and workouts,

This is where so many GMs have gotten burnt falling in love with QB leotard gymnastics as opposed to really studying what they are on tape of every game they play.

Chiefshrink
02-04-2017, 01:34 PM

**** no to other team backups. Particularly backups from THAT ****ing team.

I'll **** myself with Smith, thank you very much.

Could have been Gannon had his center not gone AWOL 24hrs before kickoff.:rolleyes:

Reerun_KC
02-04-2017, 01:36 PM
How about neither?

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-04-2017, 01:41 PM
This is where so many GMs have gotten burnt falling in love with QB leotard gymnastics as opposed to really studying what they are on tape of every game they play.

If there is any GM in the league who puts his stock solely in the combine, he shouldn't be a GM.

That's absolutely insane.

Bugeater
02-04-2017, 01:42 PM
What SNR said.

PHOG
02-04-2017, 01:45 PM
What SNR said.
Yep, that sums it up for me pretty well, also.

DaneMcCloud
02-04-2017, 01:46 PM

That's just outright fucking stupid.

You're using a sure fire Hall of Fame QB that's appearing in his SEVENTH SUPER BOWL tomorrow as the "Standard"?

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

RealSNR
02-04-2017, 01:47 PM
Could have been Gannon had his center not gone AWOL 24hrs before kickoff.:rolleyes:

Gannon's contract ran out with KC, and we let him go to Oakland. He wasn't a trade.

DaneMcCloud
02-04-2017, 01:47 PM

Really?

Name one.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-04-2017, 01:48 PM
How about neither?

Best option yet!

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-04-2017, 01:50 PM
Gannon's contract ran out with KC, and we let him go to Oakland. He wasn't a trade.

Another sterling Chiefs moment.

Chiefshrink
02-04-2017, 01:51 PM
Really?

Name one.

RGIII among many who have been forced up the board falling in love with the athleticism and arm.

BryanBusby
If Garoppolo was any good, Belichick doesn't draft Jacoby or dangles him in a trade.

Some of you fuckers would take the cheese again, even after watching Cassel for 4 years. jesus fuck LMAO

chiefzilla1501

Poe jumped up because of the combine. Geno Smith slipped once front offices interviewed him and realized his immaturity level. The combine/workouts can often show scouts where the tape might be lying. In Poe's case, it was an extremely talented nose tackle playing in a god awful system.

DaneMcCloud
02-04-2017, 01:52 PM
RGIII among many who have been forced up the board falling in love with the athleticism and arm.

Oh, fucking bullshit.

GM's across the league LOVED RGIII well before The Combines. You're talking out of your ass.

Also, RGIII played lights out his rookie season and led the Redskins to the playoffs.

Don't act as if his #2 overall selection wasn't justified.

Chiefshrink
02-04-2017, 01:53 PM

You missed my point. Gannon was a b/u here that went to the SB elsewhere. I was addressing the b/u position taking a team to the SB.

chiefzilla1501
02-04-2017, 01:53 PM
If Garoppolo was any good, Belichick doesn't draft Jacoby or dangles him in a trade.

Some of you ****ers would take the cheese again, even after watching Cassel for 4 years. jesus **** LMAO

He will go to Cleveland. Because after all the times it's failed them, they still keep going back to the Bellichick and Parcells well.

Chiefshrink
02-04-2017, 01:55 PM
If there is any GM in the league who puts his stock solely in the combine, he shouldn't be a GM.

That's absolutely insane.

Agreed and definitely agree on the 2nd point.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-04-2017, 01:55 PM

Some of you fuckers would take the cheese again, even after watching Cassel for 4 years. jesus fuck LMAO

This.

DaneMcCloud
02-04-2017, 01:56 PM

So, BB knows he's going to lose his backup QB after the 2017 season (and maybe after the 2016 season) and he's going to wait to replace him until when?

:facepalm:

Furthermore, Bill Parcells himself was a mentor to Jacoby Brissett and recommended him to Belichick.

Cassel never started in college.

But yeah, let's go into the season with Alex Smith because we've never seen that movie before.

DaneMcCloud
02-04-2017, 01:57 PM
This.

No, not this.

DaneMcCloud
02-04-2017, 01:58 PM

Gannon had FIVE YEARS to win the starting job.

FIVE.

Chiefshrink
02-04-2017, 01:58 PM
Poe jumped up because of the combine. Geno Smith slipped once front offices interviewed him and realized his immaturity level. The combine/workouts can often show scouts where the tape might be lying. In Poe's case, it was an extremely talented nose tackle playing in a god awful system.

Don't interpret my statement as all or nothing here. Yes the combine has its benefits and definitely helped Poe but QB needy GMs are very vulnerable to the combines and workouts with "no pressure of the game on them"(QB draftees) is all I am saying.

BryanBusby
02-04-2017, 01:59 PM

So, BB knows he's going to lose his backup QB after the 2017 season (and maybe after the 2016 season) and he's going to wait to replace him until when?

Furthermore, Bill Parcells himself was a mentor to Jacoby Brissett and recommended him to Belichick.

Cassel never started in college.

But yeah, let's go into the season with Alex Smith because we've never seen that movie before.
Good lord.

Bill Parcells could have gay sex with Jacoby Brissett and it wouldn't matter to Belichick if he thought Jimmy Garoppolo was the suitable replacement for Tom Brady.

Tom Brady is nearly 40 and one good hit could end it all for him. Even if it don't, he's going to tailspin real soon.

The Patriots have somewhere around 65 fucking million in cap space. If Bill thought highly of Jimmy, he'd get paid. Bill is trading him instead, so that tells you what you need to know.

As for that last part, yeah I'm all for replacing our tinyhands limp dick QB. But if you're gonna do it, do it right. We were dying to get rid of Cassel and that's how we ended up with our shitbird QB.

But hey I bet you thought the Bills pulled a slick move on ol' Billy when they took Drew Bledsoe off their hands.

Chiefshrink
02-04-2017, 02:00 PM
Gannon had FIVE YEARS to win the starting job.

FIVE.

Rich couldn't compete against the politics of King Carl and his 49er connection now could he?

DaneMcCloud
02-04-2017, 02:02 PM
Good lord.

Bill Parcells could have gay sex with Jacoby Brissett and it wouldn't matter to Belichick if he thought Jimmy Garoppolo was the suitable replacement for Tom Brady.

Um, no.

Brady shows no signs of retiring. Why would he sign Garoppolo to a starter's contract when it expires after the 2017 season?

He's not.

Tom Brady is nearly 40 and one good hit could end it all for him. Even if it don't, he's going to tailspin real soon.

Complete and utter speculation. Brady just completed his finest season at age 40 and shows no signs of slowing down.

The Patriots have somewhere around 65 fucking million in cap space. If Bill thought highly of Jimmy, he'd get paid. Bill is trading him instead, so that tells you what you need to know.

That's just outright fucking ridiculous. No team is going to pay their backup QB starter's money while paying their starter, starter's money.

Rasputin
02-04-2017, 02:03 PM
I'd rather start Tyler Bray after an ACL tear for Alex Smith & or at the same time being concussed and his wife tells him to quit football. I'm not even a fan of Tyler Bray but he would make it more fun to watch on entertainment value until we can draft a quarterback in 2018 or 2019 or 2029 or when I finally die.

I wonder if I will die before the Chiefs draft a quarterback otf for real.

If they do I will undoubtfully have a heart attack.

BryanBusby
02-04-2017, 02:03 PM
Um, no.

Brady shows no signs of retiring. Why would he sign Garoppolo to a starter's contract when it expires after the 2017 season?

He's not.

Complete and utter speculation. Brady just completed his finest season at age 40 and shows no signs of slowing down.

That's just outright fucking ridiculous. No team is going to pay their backup QB starter's money while paying their starter, starter's money.
You just can't defy age. I bet Brady wants to play till he's 45, but he's not going to make it that long.

He's almost done, even if he wants to keep playing. Brett Favre thought he was gonna make it a lot longer than he did, too.

DaneMcCloud
02-04-2017, 02:06 PM
You just can't defy age. I bet Brady wants to play till he's 45, but he's not going to make it that long.

He's almost done, even if he wants to keep playing.

This is complete and utter speculation and clearly, you haven't watched Brady this season because he looks FAR from done.

Add to that, the only serious injury he's suffered in his career was a torn ACL in 2008.

He's not like Rothlisberger, who's constantly beaten and battered or Peyton Manning, who had his neck fused or any number of QB's that are repeatedly injured and hurting.

Brady is defying all logic and that won't end anytime soon.

BryanBusby
02-04-2017, 02:09 PM
This is complete and utter speculation and clearly, you haven't watched Brady this season because he looks FAR from done.

Add to that, the only serious injury he's suffered in his career was a torn ACL in 2008.

He's not like Rothlisberger, who's constantly beaten and battered or Peyton Manning, who had his neck fused or any number of QB's that are repeatedly injured and hurting.

Uh, ability deteriorating with age isn't speculation. That's the way of life.

Chiefshrink
02-04-2017, 02:09 PM
GM's across the league LOVED RGIII well before The Combines.

Also, RGIII played lights out his rookie season and led the Redskins to the playoffs.

Don't act as if his #2 overall selection wasn't justified.

Precisely Dane he was loved waaaay ahead of time and then the combines accentuated the loving aroma they had about RGIII already. Again, RGIII exposed and not uncovered ahead of time because...... Why was he not uncovered ahead of time especially for a No.2 pick Dane ?

They loved his street ball play out of the gun(spread) with a big arm and great legs ignoring what Dane ? You know soooooooooo much about the game ? What did they knowingly ignore ????

DaneMcCloud
02-04-2017, 02:12 PM
Precisely Dane he was loved waaaay ahead of time and then the combines accentuated the loving aroma they had about RGIII already. Again, RGIII exposed and not uncovered ahead of time because...... Why was he not uncovered ahead of time especially for a No.2 pick Dane ?

They loved his street ball play out of the gun(spread) with a big arm and great legs ignoring what Dane ? You know soooooooooo much about the game ? What did they knowingly ignore ????

What the fuck is wrong with you?

Rasputin
02-04-2017, 02:13 PM

Cheating aside. Tom Brady is considered to be arguably better than Joe Montana considering 5 times in Super Bowl and no one would dispute if he wins his fourth however my question to you Dane is what would his status be if he loses this Super Bowl in comparison to Joe Montana? I mean as Joe Montana is considered greatest with no Super Bowl losses.

DaneMcCloud
02-04-2017, 02:14 PM
Cheating aside. Tom Brady is considered to be arguably better than Joe Montana considering 5 times in Super Bowl and no one would dispute if he wins his fourth however my question to you Dane is what would his status be if he loses this Super Bowl in comparison to Joe Montana? I mean as Joe Montana is considered greatest with no Super Bowl losses.

There is no question in my mind that Tom Brady is the greatest QB of all time

MotherfuckerJones
02-04-2017, 02:15 PM
If it had to be those two, I'd choose Jimmy G because we know Alex's ceiling. We've reached it the last two seasons. Time to move on.

DaneMcCloud
02-04-2017, 02:15 PM
Uh, ability deteriorating with age isn't speculation. That's the way of life.

Except for the fact that Brady takes exceptional care of his body in his eating and health regime, something 99.999999999999999999% of all people, athletes or not, do not follow.

Rasputin
02-04-2017, 02:18 PM
There is no question in my mind that Tom Brady is the greatest QB of all time

Hard to dispute that.

Shaid
02-04-2017, 02:19 PM
Smith, use that high draft pick to get a QB or for ammo to move up next year.

Chiefshrink
02-04-2017, 02:22 PM
What the **** is wrong with you?

Do you need help in what Daniel Synder ignored that Mike Shannahan tried to get Synder to see ? Because Shanny didn't want him and was totally an owner pick but many GMs make the same mistake knowingly that Synder did.

Mr. Laz
02-04-2017, 02:59 PM
Nope. If they traded for Garropolo, they could do what the Redskins have done and Franchise Tag him for 2018.

The franchise tag for a QB in 2017 is $21.5M.

DaneMcCloud
02-04-2017, 03:01 PM
The franchise tag for a QB in 2017 is $21.5M.

I was referring to 2018.

For example, if the Chiefs traded for Garopollo and the Chiefs weren't convinced that he was "The Guy", they wouldn't need to extend him, they could what the Redskins did in 2016 and Franchise him, making 2018 a "prove it" year before extending him.

DaneMcCloud
02-04-2017, 03:04 PM
Do you need help in what Daniel Synder ignored that Mike Shannahan tried to get Synder to see ? Because Shanny didn't want him and was totally an owner pick but many GMs make the same mistake knowingly that Synder did.

If the Redskins hadn't taken him at #2, another team would have taken him at #3.

The bottom line is that you're wrong: Griffin didn't "shoot up the charts" because of his Combine. NFL scouts were wowed by his athleticism, arm strength, decision making and personality long before The Combines.

If there was any QB that moved up the charts in 2012 it was Ryan Tannehill. One year as a starter, fantastic athleticism but very little QB experience.

That said, while RGIII and Andrew Luck have regressed the past few seasons, Tannehill and Cousins have grown each and every year to the point where they're both undoubtedly Franchise QB's.

Mr. Laz
02-04-2017, 03:07 PM
I was referring to 2018.

For example, if the Chiefs traded for Garopollo and the Chiefs weren't convinced that he was "The Guy", they wouldn't need to extend him, they could what the Redskins did in 2016 and Franchise him, making 2018 a "prove it" year before extending him.
If you trade for a guy then you better fucking know that he is worth an extension. If we are already talking about Garoppolo needing a prove it year then you don't trade a 1st and 4th for him.

DaneMcCloud
02-04-2017, 03:11 PM
If you trade for a guy then you better fucking know that he is worth an extension. If we are already talking about Garoppolo needing a prove it year then you don't trade a 1st and 4th for him.

Come on, man. No one knows for certain.

If it was that easy, teams like the Browns wouldn't have gone through first round QB's like Gatorade.

The Chiefs were right about Alex Smith in terms of being a winner, a leader and someone that could run Reid's offense.

If they trade for Garopollo, I'd have to give them the benefit of the doubt.

jspchief
02-04-2017, 03:17 PM

Because they know what his real value is.

kcxiv
02-04-2017, 03:33 PM

Step 5: bolster the defense with the remaining picksyou just made that sound so easy! lol

okcchief
02-04-2017, 03:44 PM
Alex Smith will not take this team to the Superbowl so gamble on who you think is best.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Mr. Laz
02-04-2017, 04:36 PM
It would be much easier to change offensive coordinators and improve the offense that way.

It would give Dorsey much more time to find a QBoTF

Reid The OC is part of the problem.

Conservative + Conservative ≠ Super Bowl

Someone has to make things happen just not try to avoid mistakes.

As a whole, this team is probably more conservative that our Marty Shottenheimer teams.

Chiefshrink
02-04-2017, 04:38 PM
That said, while RGIII and Andrew Luck have regressed the past few seasons,

For different reasons mind you. Luck knew the pro game coming in and RGIII did not making it much more difficult for RGIII to make that transition to the next level once the Shannahan gimmickness was exposed. Luck regressed because of no o-line protecting him and very little running game putting him in many more difficult situations to make plays thus forcing the ball.

Tannehill and Cousins have grown each and every year to the point where they're both undoubtedly Franchise QB's.

Still not sold on Tanny or Cousins when the rubber meets the road(big games that need big playmaking against big teams). At this point, I don't see either one of these guys progressing past Alex Smith ability in overall QBing. Yes, their stats are better but QBing is more than just stats. Just saying.

DaneMcCloud
02-04-2017, 04:43 PM
For different reasons mind you. Luck knew the pro game coming in and RGIII did not making it much more difficult for RGIII to make that transition to the next level once the Shannahan gimmickness was exposed. Luck regressed because of no o-line protecting him and very little running game putting him in many more difficult situations to make plays thus forcing the ball.

This is complete bullshit

Still not sold on Tanny or Cousins when the rubber meets the road(big games that need big playmaking against big teams). At this point, I don't see either one of these guys progressing past Alex Smith ability in overall QBing. Yes, their stats are better but QBing is more than just stats. Just saying.

If the baseline for a Chiefs QB is Tom Brady or Peyton Manning, Chiefs fans that believe that nonsense are fucked forever.

splatbass
02-04-2017, 05:12 PM
I know some of you are tired of Alex Smith and want a change, but it has to make sense and this doesn't.

Bill Belichick wouldn't be seeking a trade if Garoppolo was any good. He has a 40 year old QB that needs to be replaced in the next couple of years, do you really think if he had a franchise QB waiting in the wings he would trade him?

C3HIEF3S
02-04-2017, 05:14 PM
The definition of insanity.

DaneMcCloud
02-04-2017, 05:38 PM
I know some of you are tired of Alex Smith and want a change, but it has to make sense and this doesn't.

Bill Belichick wouldn't be seeking a trade if Garoppolo was any good. He has a 40 year old QB that needs to be replaced in the next couple of years, do you really think if he had a franchise QB waiting in the wings he would trade him?

You guys act like BB trading any player means that player is done.

How did Collins do in Cleveland this year? How about Chandler Jones to Arizona?

You people need to do your research before making such claims.

oldman
02-04-2017, 05:45 PM
I wouldn't trust BB any further than I could kick him and I need an ankle replacement. I'd rather roll with Smith/Foles/AnybodyNotNamedSmith rather than trade a 1st and 4th for a guy who, at best, would be a pig in a poke. Crap, Cassell went 11-5 with the Pats.

DaneMcCloud
02-04-2017, 06:05 PM
I wouldn't trust BB any further than I could kick him and I need an ankle replacement. I'd rather roll with Smith/Foles/AnybodyNotNamedSmith rather than trade a 1st and 4th for a guy who, at best, would be a pig in a poke. Crap, Cassell went 11-5 with the Pats.

Yeah, because Chandler Jones only had 11 sacks this year after a 2nd round trade with the Cardinals and Jamie Collins did so poorly in Cleveland that he received a $50 million dollar deal with $26 million guaranteed.

This is a ridiculously dumb narrative.

Hog's Gone Fishin
02-04-2017, 07:10 PM

It will be interesting to see if Belicheck and Brady retire together. They make a great tandem but can one be successful without the other.

ARROW2
02-04-2017, 07:15 PM
Upgrade at QB or else I can't really get too excited about next year. Alex has peaked out and he leaves WAY too many points on the field for my liking. I want to blow mofos out, not just a "keep us in it" type QB. Recipe for getting F'd by the officials like we did against Pitt. Should have blown that overrated team out. NE handled them quite easily.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-04-2017, 07:19 PM
So, some people are okay giving up a 1st and a 4th for a guy who was drafted in the 2nd? From Eastern Illinois?

This is what I'm reading here?

ARROW2
02-04-2017, 07:21 PM
Not on the Garropolo bandwagon, Cassell 2.0. Fuck that, I am talking name brand QB. I am so desperate for one because this team is ready to win NOW, that I would even take....gulp....JOHNNY FUCKING FOOTBALL!!!! I am dead ass serious. I want to WIN................NOW!!!!!

Mr. Laz
02-04-2017, 07:26 PM
Not on the Garropolo bandwagon, Cassell 2.0. Fuck that, I am talking name brand QB. I am so desperate for one because this team is ready to win NOW, that I would even take....gulp....JOHNNY FUCKING FOOTBALL!!!! I am dead ass serious. I want to WIN................NOW!!!!!
:doh!:

You are not going to win now with jonny foosball or 90% of the guys in the draft. Maybe you hit and get a Russell Wilson, but for everyone Wilson there are 100 busts.

Manziel??

people are insane

MMXcalibur
02-04-2017, 07:33 PM
Is AIDS an option?
Because I choose AIDS.

mlyonsd
02-04-2017, 07:39 PM
Hill can do anything Garoppolo can. So that leads me to believe the problem is more in the offensive play calling and design, plus Smith. He's an average QB but my biggest complaint is Reid and the design of the offense.

RealSNR
02-04-2017, 07:51 PM
:doh!:

You are not going to win now with jonny foosball or 90% of the guys in the draft. Maybe you hit and get a Russell Wilson, but for everyone Wilson there are 100 busts.

Manziel??

people are insane

Do you doubt Andy Reid's ability to take shitty QBs and shine them up to look much better than they otherwise are?

I said it earlier. I think Andy Reid could win 8-9 games with Aaron Murray as his starting QB. And no, that's not an endorsement of Aaron Murray as a starting QB.

displacedinMN
02-04-2017, 07:58 PM
Die Patriot Scum

DaneMcCloud
02-04-2017, 07:59 PM
Hill can do anything Garoppolo can.

Hill?

Sandy Vagina
02-04-2017, 07:59 PM
Do you doubt Andy Reid's ability to take shitty QBs and shine them up to look much better than they otherwise are?

I said it earlier. I think Andy Reid could win 8-9 games with Aaron Murray as his starting QB. And no, that's not an endorsement of Aaron Murray as a starting QB.

8 or 9 games is unlikely to get KC a playoff shot though... and that's what it's all about.. getting the chance to make some noise towards a SB.

If Andy and Co. really thought they could get most any QB shined up to bring the team success.. why would they pay Alex Smith top 3 money of any other player on the roster? Why not just pay any schmuck QB the minimum, and use that money on other players?

So it really just comes down to an undecided person electing to agree with the opinions of... most CP fans.. or electing to agree with the opinions of Reid, Hunt, and Dorsey.

mlyonsd
02-04-2017, 08:15 PM
Hill?
He's shorter but can get just as open. A guy like brady could hit him, not so sure about smith. I guess what I'm saying is reid didn't use his potential. Maybe because he's a rookie but with his speed the play design could be better to give him more touches.

But on 3rd and eight and you throw WR screens behind the LOS that's where the problem starts. Never been a fan of reid.

DaneMcCloud
02-04-2017, 08:17 PM
He's shorter but can get just as open.

Hill is a wide receiver/returner.

Garoppolo is a QB.

mlyonsd
02-04-2017, 08:19 PM
Hill is a wide receiver/returner.

Garoppolo is a QB.
ROFLROFLROFL

Dumb ass card thrown and accepted. I mixed him up with that other guy that plays for the patriots with the funny name.

I'll shut up now.

And no, I wouldn't want to take another patriot QB and get fleeced again. The only way bellichek does it is he knows he's getting the better deal.

gonefishin53
02-04-2017, 11:30 PM
Any new QB would need to learn AR's excessively complicated offense. The Chief's 2017 starting QB is on the current roster.

Nickhead
02-04-2017, 11:34 PM
whatever team may end up with garrapalo, better hope brady does not get hurt and he will's the team to a super bowl win :D

splatbass
02-04-2017, 11:44 PM
You guys act like BB trading any player means that player is done.

How did Collins do in Cleveland this year? How about Chandler Jones to Arizona?

You people need to do your research before making such claims.

His QB is FORTY years old. If he wants to trade the backup to a FORTY year old QB then the backup must not be a future franchise QB.

Logic. Try it sometime.

splatbass
02-04-2017, 11:46 PM
It will be interesting to see if Belicheck and Brady retire together. They make a great tandem but can one be successful without the other.

During Brady's suspension it seemed that they could plug anyone in at QB and still win. Even more reason to think that Garapollo probably isn't very good.

Sure he won both games he started, but lets not forget Cassel won 11 games there.

Nickhead
02-05-2017, 12:21 AM
wouldn't that be fucking ironic, galafanakis wins the super bowl, and turns into matt cassel v3.0 :D

bricks
02-05-2017, 01:24 AM
That's just outright ****ing stupid.

You're using a sure fire Hall of Fame QB that's appearing in his SEVENTH SUPER BOWL tomorrow as the "Standard"?

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

You know what I say?

I think you should be the QB.

Then they could nickname McNarcissist:DROFL

*Its hilarious watching you get fired up bra....But I won't argue with you since you're a narcissist and seem to know everything;)

Easy 6
02-05-2017, 08:53 AM
Terrible choices MM, I refuse to vote in this mess

Chiefshrink
02-05-2017, 09:29 AM
whatever team may end up with garrapalo, better hope brady does not get hurt

Brady will never get hurt again, he eats cale.:D

DaneMcCloud
02-05-2017, 10:03 AM
His QB is FORTY years old. If he wants to trade the backup to a FORTY year old QB then the backup must not be a future franchise QB.

Logic. Try it sometime.

Tom Brady is defying all logic.

BB drafted Jacoby Brisett, who's a dual threat and played well this year.

BB maximizes talent and trades it for return. Again, you're ignoring Richard Seymour, Jamie Collins, Chandler Jones and other players.

DaneMcCloud
02-05-2017, 10:04 AM
You know what I say?

I think you should be the QB.

Then they could nickname McNarcissist:DROFL

*Its hilarious watching you get fired up bra....But I won't argue with you since you're a narcissist and seem to know everything;)

Fired up? You're a dipshit and I just pointed it out.

oldman
02-05-2017, 10:38 AM
Tom Brady is defying all logic.

BB drafted Jacoby Brisett, who's a dual threat and played well this year.

BB maximizes talent and trades it for return. Again, you're ignoring Richard Seymour, Jamie Collins, Chandler Jones and other players.

None of which are QBs. Sorry, Dane, I normally agree with you, but not on this one.

DaneMcCloud
02-05-2017, 11:14 AM
None of which are QBs. Sorry, Dane, I normally agree with you, but not on this one.

Well, first off, Garopollo hasn't been traded.

Secondly, BB prepared for his departure by drafting Jacoby Brissett.

There have been very few people in this thread, if any, that have presented a logical case to not trade for Garopollo.

It's mostly been "NEVER TRUST BILL BELICHICK!" or "CASSEL!".

As if those are reasons not to trade for a player that can help your football team.

DaneMcCloud
02-05-2017, 11:50 AM

Logic. Try it sometime.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Patriots?src=hash">#Patriots</a> will look to extend QB Tom Brady next offseason, source says. Clear indication they believe his proclamation to play into his 40s.</p>&mdash; Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) <a href="https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/828284304526548993">February 5, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

bricks
02-05-2017, 01:00 PM

Do you pay attention to your behaviours and the way you act to people? I don't think you do. I think you lack self-awareness buddy.

You aren't an astute person are you? It seems like you have a delusional mindset. But wait I forgot, you can never be wrong. Yup that's right because you're a narcissist and it's time for me to put you in your place.

You see, I don't deserve to be called a dipshit because I was just expressing my opinion and everybody is entitled to one. I never attacked you before but now you provoked me to do so because of the way you responded to me. I was just joking around with you you pervasive grandiose smuck. I don't think you should allow your own ego to dominate you. You talking to me trying to put me at a low level? So I could change the way I think and feel about myself and thus lower my self-esteem? I would never allow that to happen to me no matter how hard you tried because I'm well aware of your game. So if you think you're gonna succeed, think again. I think you're a bully Because you try to Control the mind and feelings of others in a negative way in order to satisfy your own insecurities. It's pretty weak to be honest. I'll bet you're probably the type that lacks control in other areas of your life and so you need to make up for that somewhere ala chiefsplanet. you get satisfaction trying to hurl insults at people in order to provoke emotions and put them down and influence their feelings and mind on a football message board over topics that are nothing but leisure and not even important in everyday life. You're pretty sad. You're all about manipulation and control. A big control freak. I would never hang around you in everyday life.

You think you have some sort of superiority? Pffff ahaha....I'll bet you view most people as inferior. Can't stand your narcissistic personality disorder. But I don't hate you because that's just your condition talking.

But on the other hand, I do feel sorry for guys like you, I honestly do. I hope you can help yourself and improve. My advice to you is to not act bigger than you are. I'm sorry for my comments towards you Dane. But I'm just sticking up for myself. I will pray for you and hope that everything in your life gets better. Amen.

*If you respond back to me, in a derogatory way, I'm gonna kill you with indifference. I believe the beast dies within when you don't feed him attention. You could look down on me, and laugh because I gave up on this argument but there is no point in arguing with you because you always think your right. Besides, giving up is smart because of my reasoning stated above. Take care buddy.

DaneMcCloud
02-05-2017, 01:15 PM
Do you pay attention to your behaviours and the way you act to people? I don't think you do. I think you lack self-awareness buddy.

I don't give a shit what you think about any subject because you've proven time and time again that you're an utter moron.

KaDo's.

Hammock Parties
02-05-2017, 01:29 PM

I don't give a shit what you think about any subject because you've proven time and time again that you're an utter moron.

KaDo's.

http://i.imgur.com/ZCZx1Wm.jpg

DaneMcCloud
02-05-2017, 01:32 PM

Fuck off, Claynus. Your ass will be banned again soon enough.

DaneMcCloud
02-05-2017, 01:35 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/49ers?src=hash">#49ers</a> starting QB could be in the building today. If Kyle Shanahan doesn&#39;t get Kirk Cousins, his targets: Jimmy Garoppolo, then Matt Schaub</p>&mdash; Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) <a href="https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/828264628413198341">February 5, 2017</a></blockquote>

Nickhead
02-05-2017, 01:38 PM
Fuck off, Claynus. Your ass will be banned again soon enough.

ironic he's been banned over time, but you are still here? let me guess, you donate to the site too? :D

DaneMcCloud
02-05-2017, 01:40 PM
ironic he's been banned over time, but you are still here? let me guess, you donate to the site too? :D

It's no surprise that you believe this is "ironic", given the nonsense you constantly post.

Nickhead
02-05-2017, 01:41 PM
It's no surprise that you believe this is "ironic", given the nonsense you constantly post.

your avatar is against the terms of service. it's clearly a subversion of the filter. you chose a dick as an av. ROFL

Baby Lee
02-05-2017, 01:48 PM
Alex Smith or Jimmy Garoppolo?

Are we saying 'Truth About Cats and Dogs' Jimmy Garoppolo, or present day tattoos and wife beater Jimmy Garoppolo?

http://images.static-bluray.com/reviews/5928_3.jpg

http://www1.pictures.stylebistro.com/bg/Janeane+Garofalo+Tattoos+Band+Tattoo+uTEWC2o27nSx.jpg

Mr. Laz
02-05-2017, 01:50 PM
Dane is about to lose it again.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-3kftPV_eKTE/ViF-xOev34I/AAAAAAAB_aY/sHfLfnVbkpc/s640/Unknown-1.gif

DaneMcCloud
02-05-2017, 01:51 PM
Dane is about to lose it again.

DaneMcCloud
02-05-2017, 01:52 PM
your avatar is against the terms of service. it's clearly a subversion of the filter. you chose a dick as an av. ROFL

Yeah, the mods are going to ban me because my avatar is linked to starwars.com.

http://www.starwars.com/news/5-symbols-in-the-star-wars-universe

You are completely worthless.

KaDo's.

Chiefshrink
02-05-2017, 02:23 PM

You aren't an astute person are you? It seems like you have a delusional mindset. But wait I forgot, you can never be wrong. Yup that's right because you're a narcissist and it's time for me to put you in your place.

You see, I don't deserve to be called a dipshit because I was just expressing my opinion and everybody is entitled to one. I never attacked you before but now you provoked me to do so because of the way you responded to me. I was just joking around with you you pervasive grandiose smuck. I don't think you should allow your own ego to dominate you. You talking to me trying to put me at a low level? So I could change the way I think and feel about myself and thus lower my self-esteem? I would never allow that to happen to me no matter how hard you tried because I'm well aware of your game. So if you think you're gonna succeed, think again. I think you're a bully Because you try to Control the mind and feelings of others in a negative way in order to satisfy your own insecurities. It's pretty weak to be honest. I'll bet you're probably the type that lacks control in other areas of your life and so you need to make up for that somewhere ala chiefsplanet. you get satisfaction trying to hurl insults at people in order to provoke emotions and put them down and influence their feelings and mind on a football message board over topics that are nothing but leisure and not even important in everyday life. You're pretty sad. You're all about manipulation and control. A big control freak. I would never hang around you in everyday life.

You think you have some sort of superiority? Pffff ahaha....I'll bet you view most people as inferior. Can't stand your narcissistic personality disorder. But I don't hate you because that's just your condition talking.

But on the other hand, I do feel sorry for guys like you, I honestly do. I hope you can help yourself and improve. My advice to you is to not act bigger than you are. I'm sorry for my comments towards you Dane. But I'm just sticking up for myself. I will pray for you and hope that everything in your life gets better. Amen.

*If you respond back to me, in a derogatory way, I'm gonna kill you with indifference. I believe the beast dies within when you don't feed him attention. You could look down on me, and laugh because I gave up on this argument but there is no point in arguing with you because you always think your right. Besides, giving up is smart because of my reasoning stated above. Take care buddy.

You are very astute here "bricks" my man !!:thumb: There are a handful here that do have this "Barney Fife" syndrome(Andy Griffith Show) here on CP. They are the "wannabes" who never will be in real life but seem to think they are 'somebody' here on CP when they demean those with different perspectives on whatever topic especially football. I never go after anybody here but like you will defend myself when push comes to shove.

These small handful of insecure Napoleons seem to want to corner the market of CP went it comes football talk. In their minds they are the Svengalis of the NFL and NO ONE ELSE here on CP. Their insecure emotional need to be the gurus of CP is staggeringly sad. As soon as you provide a different 'salty perspective' countering their position they immediately become intellectually and emotionally threatened. Thus like Barney they are always reaching into their front pockets to pull that bullet out only to shoot themselves in the foot like Barney did when they unnecessarily condescend and name call when you present a different take thus in reality only discount their own perspective in doing so.

I've always believed in the Biblical principle of "Iron sharpening Iron" and have learned much from others here on many different topics. However when those handful "think" they are the "only iron" needed then real discussion ends which is sad. We must give grace and pray for these folks as you say and move on.

DaneMcCloud
02-05-2017, 02:28 PM
You are very astute here "bricks" my man !!:thumb:

Congratulations, Bricks

LMAO

DaneMcCloud
02-05-2017, 02:30 PM
They are the "wannabes" who never will be in real life but seem to think they are 'somebody' here on CP when they demean those with different perspectives on whatever topic especially football.

Who in the world are you referring to here? Give a list of names.

And FWIW, you're a charlatan. You're the most self-absorbed person to ever post on CP, with all of your phony psychobabble nonsense.

Good fucking grief.

Is Parker Ehinger 400% stronger now?

LMAO

Chiefshrink
02-05-2017, 02:40 PM
Who in the world are you referring to here? Give a list of names.

And FWIW, you're a charlatan. You're the most self-absorbed person to ever post on CP, with all of your phony psychobabble nonsense.

Good ****ing grief.

LMAO

Get back on your meds Dane !!! You were nicer then.:shrug:

Easy 6
02-05-2017, 02:44 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/49ers?src=hash">#49ers</a> starting QB could be in the building today. If Kyle Shanahan doesn&#39;t get Kirk Cousins, his targets: Jimmy Garoppolo, then Matt Schaub</p>&mdash; Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) <a href="https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/828264628413198341">February 5, 2017</a></blockquote>

He wants Matt Schaub?

LOL

Chiefshrink
02-05-2017, 02:46 PM
He wants Matt Schaub?

LOL

Schaub's legend still lives on among the inner circle of the NFL coaching staff it seems.:hmmm:

Baby Lee
02-05-2017, 02:49 PM
He wants Matt Schaub?

LOL

Putting Schaub somewhere on a priority tree is one thing, putting him above anyone else already on the 49ers roster is the shocking part.

Chiefshrink
02-05-2017, 02:51 PM

Mark my words he will not be getting tossed around next season and will be benching at least 400 for 1 rep minimum and more likely 5-8 reps if his work ethic is there by start of TC.

Easy 6
02-05-2017, 02:57 PM
Putting Schaub somewhere on a priority tree is one thing, putting him above anyone else already on the 49ers roster is the shocking part.

He must like something about the guy to have him in Atlanta, but I cant imagine what that would be

DaneMcCloud
02-05-2017, 02:58 PM
He must like something about the guy to have him in Atlanta, but I cant imagine what that would be

Bridge QB.

If he can't get Kirk Cousins or Jimmy Garopollo, they'll take a QB at #2 overall and use Schaub as their bridge guy.

DaneMcCloud
02-05-2017, 03:00 PM

The only QB currently on the 49ers 2017 roster is Kaepernick, who is opting out.

Easy 6
02-05-2017, 03:00 PM
Bridge QB.

If he can't get Kirk Cousins or Jimmy Garopollo, they'll take a QB at #2 overall and use Schaub as their bridge guy.

That makes perfect sense

Hammock Parties
02-05-2017, 03:01 PM
they'll take a QB at #2 overall and use Schaub as their bridge guy.

How nice to do this and not pay the bridge QB $70 million.

DaneMcCloud
02-05-2017, 03:06 PM
How nice to do this and not pay the bridge QB $70 million.

I'd still rather see the Chiefs trade for Garopollo and get whatever they can for Alex Smith, as opposed to another wasted season with Smith behind center and having to wait until 2018, at the earliest, before the team moves on.

milkman
02-05-2017, 03:08 PM
Mark my words he will not be getting tossed around next season and will be benching at least 400 for 1 rep minimum and more likely 5-8 reps if his work ethic is there by start of TC.

No one doubted that he would be able to add the necessary bulk in the offseason.

Your bullshit claim that he would be able to do so during the season is what Dane is asking about.

splatbass
02-05-2017, 03:31 PM
http://i.imgur.com/ZCZx1Wm.jpg

The only way that ever changes is if he doesn't post for a day. But after 15 years most of us are used to it.

DaneMcCloud
02-05-2017, 03:32 PM
The only way that ever changes is if he doesn't post for a day. But after 15 years most of us are used to it.

And the first time you post something logical, with actual facts, will be the first time.

splatbass
02-05-2017, 03:32 PM

The fact that Matt Schaub is on his list shows he has a low standard for QBs. Cousins is the only one I would want in KC.

splatbass
02-05-2017, 03:35 PM
You are very astute here "bricks" my man !!:thumb: There are a handful here that do have this "Barney Fife" syndrome(Andy Griffith Show) here on CP. They are the "wannabes" who never will be in real life but seem to think they are 'somebody' here on CP when they demean those with different perspectives on whatever topic especially football. I never go after anybody here but like you will defend myself when push comes to shove.

These small handful of insecure Napoleons seem to want to corner the market of CP went it comes football talk. In their minds they are the Svengalis of the NFL and NO ONE ELSE here on CP. Their insecure emotional need to be the gurus of CP is staggeringly sad. As soon as you provide a different 'salty perspective' countering their position they immediately become intellectually and emotionally threatened. Thus like Barney they are always reaching into their front pockets to pull that bullet out only to shoot themselves in the foot like Barney did when they unnecessarily condescend and name call when you present a different take thus in reality only discount their own perspective in doing so.

I don't always agree with you but here you are spot on.

splatbass
02-05-2017, 03:37 PM
And the first time you post something logical, with actual facts, will be the first time.

You have a nice day too my friend.

DaneMcCloud
The fact that Matt Schaub is on his list shows he has a low standard for QBs. Cousins is the only one I would want in KC.

milkman

Redundant much?

DaneMcCloud
02-05-2017, 03:39 PM
I don't always agree with you but here you are spot on.

Sure, if you live in a fantasy world.

Your basis for not wanting Garopollo is that "he must not be any good because of Brady's age" and "BB always gets the best of trades".

Neither of those are facts.

splatbass
02-05-2017, 03:39 PM

Oh No! The great Dane McCloud, rich and famous musician and friend to the stars has facepalmed me! What will I do now? ROFL

splatbass
02-05-2017, 03:40 PM
Sure, if you live in a fantasy world.

Your basis for not wanting Garopollo is that "he must not be any good because of Brady's age" and "BB always gets the best of trades".

He played in two games, on a BB coached SB team. Then got hurt and a third stringer did as well as him. That is the sample size you have to judge him with.

KChiefs1
02-05-2017, 03:48 PM

Garoppolo = Cassell

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock Parties
02-05-2017, 03:50 PM

This is:

For his career, almost 85 percent of Garoppolo's completions are passes thrown 10 yards or less. (44/52)

That's 7 percent HIGHER than dink-and-dunkin' 2016 ALEX SMITH. (255/328)

That scares me away from trading anything for Cassel II.

DaneMcCloud
02-05-2017, 03:54 PM
He played in two games, on a BB coached SB team. Then got hurt and a third stringer did as well as him. That is the sample size you have to judge him with.

Really? He wasn't a 2nd round draft pick?

He wasn't a 4 year starter in college?

There's no game film from preseason?

What?

DaneMcCloud
02-05-2017, 03:56 PM
That scares me away from trading anything for Cassel II.

It may "scare you" but he's exactly the kind of QB that Reid prefers.

Again, the question Milkman posed is this: You have one choice. Smith or Garopollo. Who do you choose?

For four years, we've seen how the movie ends with Smith, so I'm taking Garapollo.

Mr. Laz
02-05-2017, 04:14 PM
Trade Alex Smith
Sign Kirk Cousin in FA

If the Chiefs really want to win now and get another QB. They will really have to pony up some cash though because our cap is fucked. We would have to spend big for Cousins AND FAs while still dealing with cap issues.

Dorsey will have to have a great draft as well to make up for the guys we have to cut for cap room.

It would be a Grade A move IF Reid can pull his head out and run and offense to utilize Cousin's skills.

Cousin's deep passing would be a good fit with Hill and Kelce IF Reid doesn't fuck it up.

Chiefshrink
02-05-2017, 04:32 PM
No one doubted that he would be able to add the necessary bulk in the offseason.

Your bullshit claim that he would be able to do so during the season is what Dane is asking about.

What you seem to not understand about a person who has only dabbled with weights and not taken them seriously during their football career from HS thru College because they never had to until now, is that the biggest gain you will have is in the very beginning for anybody(first 4-6months) and especially for somebody who is naturally strong already. You seem to think weightlifting stops once the season starts because of the physical demand from football already, it does not and especially for those that are getting tossed around because they have special programs they are on to get them to that power stability level on the field.

splatbass
02-05-2017, 04:36 PM
Really? He wasn't a 2nd round draft pick?

He wasn't a 4 year starter in college?

There's no game film from preseason?

What?

Anyone who was a fan of Ryan Leaf in college knows that you can't really tell much about how a QB will do in the NFL based on his playing in college. Same goes for preseason where he is playing against backups on defense. We had a bigger sample size from Cassel, and he didn't work out very well.

beach tribe
02-05-2017, 04:40 PM

This.

beach tribe
02-05-2017, 04:43 PM
It may "scare you" but he's exactly the kind of QB that Reid prefers.

Again, the question Milkman posed is this: You have one choice. Smith or Garopollo. Who do you choose?

For four years, we've seen how the movie ends with Smith, so I'm taking Garapollo.

Actually the question is stick with Smith or trade a 1st for Grappappapalop.

Chiefshrink
02-05-2017, 04:45 PM
Anyone who was a fan of Ryan Leaf in college knows that you can't really tell much about how a QB will do in the NFL based on his playing in college. Same goes for preseason where he is playing against backups on defense. We had a bigger sample size from Cassel, and he didn't work out very well.

Oh the evidence was there for Leaf. Just another example of GMs ignoring the obvious because the NFL you have to win now. "Go to Vegas" !!! Remember that pre-draft answer by Leaf ? That was a massive Trump HUUUUUUUUUUUGE RED FLAG and window into this kid's lack of maturity and commitment !!!:hmmm:

Chiefshrink
02-05-2017, 04:47 PM
a 1st for Grappappapalop.

BB just trying to recoup his 1st from last year's cheating incident.

milkman
02-05-2017, 04:55 PM
Actually the question is stick with Smith or trade a 1st for Grappappapalop.

Actually, the question is Smith or a high draft pick.

milkman
02-05-2017, 04:59 PM
What you seem to not understand about a person who has only dabbled with weights and not taken them seriously during their football career from HS thru College because they never had to until now, is that the biggest gain you will have is in the very beginning for anybody(first 4-6months) and especially for somebody who is naturally strong already. You seem to think weightlifting stops once the season starts because of the physical demand from football already, it does not and especially for those that are getting tossed around because they have special programs they are on to get them to that power stability level on the field.

What I understand is that there isn't a single player or weight coach in the NFL that will tell you the bullshit you spout.

They will all tell you that they can only do maintenance training during the season, and that they all lose weight during the season as a result.

They also talk about the fact that they have their biggest gains during the offseason after their rookie season.

RunKC
02-05-2017, 05:07 PM
Thinking through this further, I think I would take Alex 100% simply because he's almost done and it would force us to get a different quarterback.

With Garoppolo, it would essentially start over the day we traded for Cassel and put us with him for at least five years

Nickhead
02-05-2017, 05:28 PM

Yeah, the mods are going to ban me because my avatar is linked to starwars.com.

http://www.starwars.com/news/5-symbols-in-the-star-wars-universe

You are completely worthless.

KaDo's.

about as worthless as your observational skills. if you knew to look outside the box, you would see there is a dick in your avatar. and not a play on words because you are a cockknocker. :D

Rasputin
02-05-2017, 05:37 PM
about as worthless as your observational skills. if you knew to look outside the box, you would see there is a dick in your avatar. and not a play on words because you are a cockknocker. :D

You know how I know you are gay (nttawwt)?

You look at a Jedi Order emblem and see a penis. I don't know how you do it but you must be teh Richard Simmons ghey (nttawwt).

Hammock Parties
02-05-2017, 05:41 PM
Thinking through this further, I think I would take Alex 100% simply because he's almost done and it would force us to get a different quarterback.

With Garoppolo, it would essentially start over the day we traded for Cassel and put us with him for at least five years

100% this.

Trading for Garopooloo is just an extension of the mediocrity that has plagued this franchise 20 years.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-05-2017, 06:51 PM
If Shanahan likes him as much as he says he does, this should all be a moot point soon.

Nickel D
02-05-2017, 07:02 PM
JOHNNY MANZIEL for the wins!

Nickhead
02-05-2017, 08:09 PM
You know how I know you are gay (nttawwt)?

You look at a Jedi Order emblem and see a penis. I don't know how you do it but you must be teh Richard Simmons ghey (nttawwt).

you stole my thunder. i had a good joke, but i had to go back to work ROFL

i think it's time to pull brady and see what the young pup can do :D

Eleazar
02-05-2017, 09:50 PM
He's got a ring now!

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-05-2017, 09:51 PM
He's got a ring now!

LMAO

Yep, him and Chase Daniel = WINNAHS!

jjchieffan
02-05-2017, 10:19 PM
I don't really want another retread quarterback. I'm ready to see us draft and develop our own guy. But saying that he won't be good because BB is willing to trade him is crazy. Brady has said that he wants to play at least 5 more years, and maybe 10 more. I can't see that happening. Age eventually catches up with him. But I could see 3-4 more years pretty easy. In that time, Garoppolo will be a free agent and gone anyway, so why not trade him for a high pick now and draft another guy to groom?

Chiefshrink
02-05-2017, 11:01 PM
They will all tell you that they can only do maintenance training during the season, and that they all lose weight during the season as a result.

They also talk about the fact that they have their biggest gains during the offseason after their rookie season.

Yes for those who are already in weight training shape but those that have barely touched weights at all it's a whole different scenario.:shrug:

threebag
02-05-2017, 11:04 PM
LMAO @ anyone wanting Garoppolo

Discuss Thrower
02-05-2017, 11:07 PM

Yup. All a team "loses" by sticking with Smith is never being good enough for a championship but will most likely not crater to more than 8 losses in any given season and all you give up for it is salary cap space.

With Garoppolo you still have no shot at a championship and probably double the likelihood of having losing seasons but are paying the guy top 10 QB money and gave up premium draft picks for that privilege.

DaneMcCloud
02-05-2017, 11:20 PM
Yup. All a team "loses" by sticking with Smith is never being good enough for a championship but will most likely not crater to more than 8 losses in any given season and all you give up for it is salary cap space.

With Garoppolo you still have no shot at a championship and probably double the likelihood of having losing seasons but are paying the guy top 10 QB money and gave up premium draft picks for that privilege.

What the fuck are you yapping about?

Any team that trades for G gets him on the cheap and THEN can decide if they want to extend him.

When you crawl into the asshole of Claynus, is it warm or cold?

Nickhead
02-05-2017, 11:26 PM
What the fuck are you yapping about?

Any team that trades for G gets him on the cheap and THEN can decide if they want to extend him.

giving up draft picks for a player that has rode the bench for three plus years, is not cheap fuckstick. :D

DaneMcCloud
02-05-2017, 11:28 PM
giving up draft picks for a player that has rode the bench for three plus years, is not cheap fuckstick. :D

Do you intend to prove that you're a fucking moron with every subsequent post or is that just an unfortunate side affect for you?

Nickhead
02-05-2017, 11:35 PM
Do you intend to prove that you're a fucking moron with every subsequent post or is that just an unfortunate side affect for you?

that's your job, or so i thought. :D

TigeRRUppeRRcut
02-05-2017, 11:35 PM
Stick with Smith, draft the next QB to sit behind him.

Why in the hell would you want a QB that BB doesn't want anymore? Must we continue to let history repeat itself?

Hammock Parties
02-06-2017, 12:00 AM
Here, fuckers. I'll get the avatar ready.

http://i.imgur.com/sa0Q3Q7.png

You think I don't have reserves for another era of shit-sucking checkdown magic? Bring it on.

DaneMcCloud
02-06-2017, 12:04 AM
Here, fuckers. I'll get the avatar ready.

http://i.imgur.com/sa0Q3Q7.png

You think I don't have reserves for another era of shit-sucking checkdown magic? Bring it on.

LMAO

The guy that loved Huard and Cassel and Smith now hates another QB

Classic

Hammock Parties
02-06-2017, 12:06 AM
LMAO

Classic

I never "loved" Smith. The fuck dude.

DaneMcCloud
02-06-2017, 12:15 AM
I never "loved" Smith. The fuck dude.

Good lord. I'm not searching this forum at this late hour but holy shit, back in 2005 you LOVED him.

What funny is that I don't even need to type Claynus.

My iPad does it for me.

Hammock Parties
02-06-2017, 12:27 AM
Good lord. I'm not searching this forum at this late hour but holy shit, back in 2005 you LOVED him.

My iPad does it for me.

Yes, as a backup QB and developmental prospect.

Not as a turd you give $70 million to. I fucking hated him the day the trade was a twinkle in Andy Reid's eye.

There is a difference.

KChiefs1
02-06-2017, 12:30 AM
LMAO

Classic

He wouldn't know a franchise QB if he was sucking his dick & they came in his mouth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

splatbass
02-06-2017, 01:03 AM
I don't really want another retread quarterback. I'm ready to see us draft and develop our own guy. But saying that he won't be good because BB is willing to trade him is crazy. Brady has said that he wants to play at least 5 more years, and maybe 10 more. I can't see that happening. Age eventually catches up with him. But I could see 3-4 more years pretty easy. In that time, Garoppolo will be a free agent and gone anyway, so why not trade him for a high pick now and draft another guy to groom?

I know Brady is a freak of nature, but being in good shape at 40 is great, but it doesn't prevent you from taking longer to heal, etc. Tom Brady is going to hurt tomorrow, and hurt a lot more than he did 5 years ago after a game. I know he wants to play 5 more years, but wanting to and doing it are two different things. I think he has two years tops.

Nickhead
02-06-2017, 01:06 AM
i predict garrapalo gets traded to cleveland, and by week three brady is out due to an acl or achilles :D

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-06-2017, 06:53 AM
LMAO @ anyone wanting Garoppolo

Finally. Something worth a fuck comes from your fingertips.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
02-06-2017, 07:19 AM

My iPad does it for me.

ROFL

BossChief
02-06-2017, 08:11 AM
What the **** are you yapping about?

Trading first and third rounders for a one year "see if you like him" rental is completely unrealistic and we all know it.

If you trade that much for a QB, "he's your guy" and a long term extension is inevitable.

I'd much rather just stick with Smith another year and draft a QB this year or next than go that route and it's not even close.

Now, if Kirk Cousins hits the open market, I'd be fine with moving Smith and Foles to get him and I'd be more than willing to make a move for Tony Romo, as well.

At least those guys have shown the top end ability the position requires

DaneMcCloud
02-06-2017, 09:27 AM
Trading first and third rounders for a one year "see if you like him" rental is completely unrealistic and we all know it.

If you trade that much for a QB, "he's your guy" and a long term extension is inevitable.

I'd much rather just stick with Smith another year and draft a QB this year or next than go that route and it's not even close.

Now, if Kirk Cousins hits the open market, I'd be fine with moving Smith and Foles to get him and I'd be more than willing to make a move for Tony Romo, as well.

At least those guys have shown the top end ability the position requires

I disagree.

In 2016, the Chiefs gave up their first round pick. No 1st round pick. None.

They then turned that pick into Chris Jones and KeiVarie Russell.

Where's Russell? Oh yeah, cut.

No 1st, no 3rd. Chiefs still win the division and 12 games.

If they identified JG as their guy and gave up a 1 and a 3, they wouldn't need to extend him unless he played lights out. They could Franchise him for 2018 and give him another opportunity.

And if he didn't play lights out? No big deal. First and third round players wash out every single year.

Skyy God
02-06-2017, 11:47 AM
Janeane Garofalo couldn't even stay healthy during her 4 game stint as starter.

Pass.

oldman
02-06-2017, 01:02 PM
Why not just spend that high draft pick(s) on a QB in the draft? Besides preseason and garbage time, you really only have 2 games to evaluate him on.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-06-2017, 05:27 PM
Why not just spend that high draft pick(s) on a QB in the draft? Besides preseason and garbage time, you really only have 2 games to evaluate him on.

This. What miles of tape and sample do we have on Giraffolo anyway?

The guy was drafted as a 2nd round pick, and we should give up a 1st + just because he spent some time polishing Brady's cleats?

**** that noise. If there's a QB in this draft that the FO likes, do what it takes to acquire him.

CoMoChief
02-06-2017, 05:49 PM
GOD DAMN.... THIS AGAIN?!?!?!?

Draft a franchise QB, and fuck these retarded threads about having some other team's backup taking the Chiefs to the promise land. Bono, Grbac, Green, Cassel, Smith.

Other than Trent Green (who really to be honest benefited from one of the best OL's in the history of the NFL, and the best pass catching TE to ever play the game, and the best complete RB during that time), the other QB's were absolute shit.

Draft a franchise QB. I dont even care if they whiff and miss on one. You're not going to know unless you do it.

Coogs
02-23-2017, 01:14 PM
I'm actually warming up to the Garoppolo option. Not 100% sold yet, but warming.

I watched the highlights of most/all of his throws against the Cards and Dolphins the first two games of the season. He seemed poised in the pocket, and wasn't rattled by pressure. He kept his eyes downfield, and for the most part looked like he made good decisions with the ball. He threw the ball downfield on multiple occasions. Did't always connect, but throws what looks to be a very catchable ball.

A lot depends on what the compensation would be, but I could probably live with our 1st for Garoppolo as opposed to having Smith back under center next season.

Rausch
02-23-2017, 01:26 PM
If these are my only two options I pick Smith.

Eleazar
02-23-2017, 01:29 PM
Smith.

Any further retreads just set the franchise back 3-4 more years.

Unless by some miracle JG turned out to be the second coming of Steve Young, I'll just tune out for a few years.

Eleazar
02-23-2017, 01:30 PM

I'm sure the true fan side of the thinking would be that you spend the pick on Garoppolo if you think he's better than anybody you can get at that draft position.

FloridaMan88
02-23-2017, 01:35 PM
Jimmy Garppolo will likely be the next Matt Cassel, Matt Flynn, Scott Mitchell, Brock Assmuncher, etc.

Red Dawg
02-23-2017, 01:41 PM
Jimmy Garppolo will likely be the next Matt Cassel, Matt Flynn, Scott Mitchell, Brock Assmuncher, etc.

Probably will. All QBs that left that system have gone on to suck. Hoyer, Matt and Mallet. They get guys for their system, they play like shit in another system. It not a coincidence that Matt failed bad without Charlie. Jimmy has basicly no playing time and if you trade for him you don't get the rookie contract. I would draft a QB instead.

Coogs
02-23-2017, 01:57 PM
Again, I am not totally sold. Just warming to the idea after watching all of his throws. He looked good in the pocket. Smith does not.

Coogs
02-23-2017, 01:59 PM
Probably will. All QBs that left that system have gone on to suck. Hoyer, Matt and Mallet. They get guys for their system, they play like shit in another system. It not a coincidence that Matt failed bad without Charlie. Jimmy has basicly no playing time and if you trade for him you don't get the rookie contract. I would draft a QB instead.
Brees, Favre, Young, Plunkett, Gannon. There are exceptions to the rule.

Red Dawg
02-23-2017, 02:38 PM
Brees, Favre, Young, Plunkett, Gannon. There are exceptions to the rule.

They were not drafted for the NE system. No QB has left that system and been any good.

In58men
02-23-2017, 02:47 PM
I'm actually warming up to the Garoppolo option. Not 100% sold yet, but warming.

I watched the highlights of most/all of his throws against the Cards and Dolphins the first two games of the season. He seemed poised in the pocket, and wasn't rattled by pressure. He kept his eyes downfield, and for the most part looked like he made good decisions with the ball. He threw the ball downfield on multiple occasions. Did't always connect, but throws what looks to be a very catchable ball.

A lot depends on what the compensation would be, but I could probably live with our 1st for Garoppolo as opposed to having Smith back under center next season.

Bilichek working his brilliance with the fans too. You don't see a pattern with how they show case a player 3-4 games and then trade away for high picks? Jimmy won't mount to shit or else they'd keep him.

nicksdad
02-23-2017, 02:49 PM
so you think that a comparison to hoyer ( UNDRAFTED) and caseell (7th rounder) makes sense? i dont. mallett was a lottery ticket. JG was a second round pick who seems to be ablee to play , not just "play in the Pats system". doesnt mean i do the deal. am just saying that your comparison seems faulty.

Fish
02-23-2017, 02:53 PM
I can't see a reason why the Pats would let go of Garoppolo if he were really worth a shit. It just doesn't make sense for them.

dls6501
02-23-2017, 02:53 PM
If the question is merely Alex Smith or Jimmy for next year, I would clearly take Jimmy.

If we are talking about everything that goes into it (losing a pick, locking Jimmy up before he does anything, etc.), than I would rather just draft someone to take Alex's spot.

I want nothing to do with Alex as our QB in 2017, but I would rather have that than an expensive bust for many years beyond 2017.

LiveSteam
02-23-2017, 02:55 PM
Q

Coogs
02-23-2017, 02:57 PM
They were not drafted for the NE system. No QB has left that system and been any good.

I just watched his highlight tape of all his throws this past season. No, it is not a lot to go off of. He just looked the part of a real NFL QB in those plays.

I'm interested. Not 100% sold yet. But interested none the less.

Mr. Laz
02-23-2017, 03:00 PM
If Belicheck wants to trade a player then you probably don't want that player.

Coogs
02-23-2017, 03:07 PM
If Belicheck wants to trade a player then you probably don't want that player.

While I tend to agree, go watch his throws. He looks exactly like what Alex does not look like. Calm in the pocket. Eyes down field while moving in pocket.

Eleazar
02-23-2017, 03:13 PM
Probably will. All QBs that left that system have gone on to suck. Hoyer, Matt and Mallet.

They let them go because they sucked in the first place noob

Mr. Laz
02-23-2017, 03:29 PM
While I tend to agree, go watch his throws. He looks exactly like what Alex does not look like. Calm in the pocket. Eyes down field while moving in pocket.
I understand but that is what the coaching and system does for the players.

Belicheck has a way of developing and teaching a plan that makes the players calm,focused and understand exactly what they are supposed to do. They seem to have a better understanding of what the other team is going to try to do and then how to respond to those things.

That is what makes the patriots better than other teams and makes players look better while wearing a patriots' uniform.

This superior teaching and preparation are especially helpful at the QB position where knowledge is very important.