PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Well, the early 2017 Power Rankings are out

NWTF
02-06-2017, 10:10 AM
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18612800/new-england-patriots-dallas-cowboys-atlanta-falcons-front-2017-way-too-early-nfl-power-rankings

8. Kansas City Chiefs

2016 record: 12-4

Why they're here: You can at least count on a winning record from the Chiefs under coach Andy Reid, who has pulled that off in each of his four seasons with the franchise. The Chiefs were the best they've been under Reid in 2016, riding a defense that forced an NFL-high 33 turnovers and an offense that got playmaking from tight end Travis Kelce (1,125 receiving yards) and newcomer Tyreek Hill (12 total touchdowns). There is every reason to believe the Chiefs will continue to at least be a regular-season success in 2017.

What could change: The Chiefs must decide whether they can take the next step with quarterback Alex Smith, a cool and efficient operator who threw just 15 touchdown passes in 15 starts in 2016 and has never thrown for more than 23 touchdowns in any season. Would Reid pursue, say, Tony Romo to better capitalize on what might be a championship window? A new quarterback would certainly shake up the Chiefs' 2017 fortunes, either for good or for bad.

loochy
02-06-2017, 10:17 AM
Yup. Upper tier mediocrity - right where we belong.

Unsmooth-Moment
02-06-2017, 10:29 AM
"There is every reason to believe the Chiefs will continue to at least be a regular-season success in 2017."

Because Chiefs

KChiefs1
02-06-2017, 10:33 AM
8 is too low.

6 is about right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Easy 6
02-06-2017, 10:45 AM
**** Smiff and his one touchdown per game, we're not doing shit until that changes

loochy
02-06-2017, 10:59 AM
8 is too low.

6 is about right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

upper mediocre is still upper mediocre

NWTF
02-06-2017, 11:26 AM
**** Smiff and his one touchdown per game, we're not doing shit until that changes

Yup. One TD per game. Thats just not going to get it done the way todays game is played. The NFL adjusted rules, etc, to favor offenses, scoring, and particularly the QB. The only catch was you kinda need to have a good one. One TD per game is not taking advantage of the system set up.

And I know Smith is OK, he doesnt suck, but when your D is #1 in the league in takeaways and D/ST accounts for 40% of your scoring theres a problem. Either your D is some legendary D that you can ride to a SB or your offense sucks at scoring points. Its not 100% on Smith, but 15 passing TDs from a starting QB sucks ass in todays NFL.

Rasputin
02-06-2017, 11:30 AM

You are discounting all those hidden touchdowns and field goals.

Also look at 2012 I don't know what 2012 has anything to do with success for today but LOOK AT 2012!!

Easy 6
02-06-2017, 11:38 AM
Yup. One TD per game. Thats just not going to get it done the way todays game is played. The NFL adjusted rules, etc, to favor offenses, scoring, and particularly the QB. The only catch was you kinda need to have a good one. One TD per game is not taking advantage of the system set up.

And I know Smith is OK, he doesnt suck, but when your D is #1 in the league in takeaways and D/ST accounts for 40% of your scoring theres a problem. Either your D is some legendary D that you can ride to a SB or your offense sucks at scoring points. Its not 100% on Smith, but 15 passing TDs from a starting QB sucks ass in todays NFL.

Dont forget, he'll occasionally get TWO touchdowns per game!... but the second one is with his legs on a designed run

You are discounting all those hidden touchdowns and field goals.

Also look at 2012 I don't know what 2012 has anything to do with success for today but LOOK AT 2012!!

All you haters are forgetting how well he sets up Colquitt to help us improve our field position!

OMG you guys are so hardheaded!!!

scho63
02-06-2017, 01:35 PM
Our schedule in 2017 is brutal

Home opponents (*playoff team): Denver Broncos, Oakland Raiders*, San Diego Chargers, Pittsburgh Steelers*, Buffalo Bills, Miami Dolphins*, Philadelphia Eagles, Washington Redskins.

Away opponents (*playoff team): Denver Broncos, Oakland Raiders*, San Diego Chargers, Houston Texans*, New England Patriots*, New York Jets, Dallas Cowboys*, New York Giants*.

Rooster
02-06-2017, 01:53 PM

Home opponents (*playoff team): Denver Broncos, Oakland Raiders*, San Diego Chargers, Pittsburgh Steelers*, Buffalo Bills, Miami Dolphins*, Philadelphia Eagles, Washington Redskins.

Away opponents (*playoff team): Denver Broncos, Oakland Raiders*, San Diego Chargers, Houston Texans*, New England Patriots*, New York Jets, Dallas Cowboys*, New York Giants*.

When was the last time KC didn't play Houston of Buffalo in the regular season. Did I miss something? Are they part of the AFCW now? LOL

Hydrae
02-06-2017, 02:42 PM

Wow, away game in Houston for the third year in a row. I can't complain too much though, it gives me a chance to see a game in person again (4 times in three years at that point when counting the playoff win).

scho63
02-07-2017, 09:46 AM
The Buffalo Bills are our herpes

Jerok
02-07-2017, 10:02 AM
Away game vs Cowboys? If we get Romo that'll be the highest viewed game of the year

Bowser
02-07-2017, 10:21 AM
When was the last time KC didn't play Houston of Buffalo in the regular season. Did I miss something? Are they part of the AFCW now? LOL

Don't forget the Steelers

rtmike
02-07-2017, 10:40 AM
Don't forget the Steelers

1st thing I thought.

It's about time they come back up to the Pacific Northwest. We went from seeing them once a year to once every 8 years :grr:

TripleThreat
02-07-2017, 10:46 AM
"There is every reason to believe the Chiefs will continue to at least be a regular-season success in 2017."

Because Chiefs

I thought being a chiefs fan was the worst thing last year, because of how we lost etc... And pitt got destroyed playing after us....

But to be an Atlanta fan..... Your QB makes records in YPA and shows how elite he truly is, and probaly will run the NFL when hes between 34-40, (no ones better than him at his age), and to then lose a 28-3 lead.. In the BOWL..... I mean..... that would just f*cking kill me.

rico
02-07-2017, 01:16 PM
I thought being a chiefs fan was the worst thing last year, because of how we lost etc... And pitt got destroyed playing after us....

But to be an Atlanta fan..... Your QB makes records in YPA and shows how elite he truly is, and probaly will run the NFL when hes between 34-40, (no ones better than him at his age), and to then lose a 28-3 lead.. In the BOWL..... I mean..... that would just ****ing kill me.

Still... They got there.

Rooster
02-07-2017, 02:46 PM
The Buffalo Bills are our herpes

ROFL Yep. About once a year they show up.

Best22
02-07-2017, 03:42 PM
Still... They got there.

At that point, who cares?

If the Chiefs lost the Superbowl 35-27: I'd be happy and proud to be there. But blowing a 28-3 lead? I'd rather not even make the playoffs!

I cheer for another team that lost a "recent" Superbowl. And let me tell you, that "appearance" would not be worth that much embarrassment and shame. No way, no how

Go Chiefs

TEX
02-07-2017, 09:30 PM
Wow, away game in Houston for the third year in a row. I can't complain too much though, it gives me a chance to see a game in person again (4 times in three years at that point when counting the playoff win).

Yep. I'll go see the Chiefs when they play the Texans and Cowboys.