PDA

View Full Version : Davis Webb

Mr_Tomahawk
02-06-2017, 10:55 AM
Big Arm.

Why not?

Matt Miller has him mocked to us in the at the end of Rnd 3 in his latest mock.

Go Royals
02-06-2017, 01:03 PM
Pat Mahomes beat him out for the starter job at Texas Tech. Mahomes > Webb

Dante84
02-06-2017, 05:02 PM
I like Webb a lot, after watching his Senior Bowl performance and some of his gametape on DraftBreakdown

kccrow
02-06-2017, 05:39 PM
Too inaccurate for me. Pass.

Dante84
02-06-2017, 05:53 PM

For comparison's sake:

Webb - 61.5% career completion percentage
Mahomes - 63.5%
Watson - 67.4%
Trubisky - 67.5%

http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/davis-webb-1.html

kccrow
02-06-2017, 08:07 PM
For comparison's sake:

Webb - 61.5% career completion percentage
Mahomes - 63.5%
Watson - 67.4%
Trubisky - 67.5%

http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/davis-webb-1.html

Webb's passing percentage is severely inflated by 100 screen passes per game. Actually watch his down field throwing in games, it is atrocious.

Mr_Tomahawk
02-06-2017, 09:16 PM
https://youtu.be/o3y6rILNmDo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chief Northman
02-06-2017, 09:21 PM

I'm with crow.

Little to no upside athletically, and accuracy is paramount in the WCO. Not a great fit for Reid's system.

Wilson8
02-07-2017, 07:24 AM
Davis Webb hurt his thumb October 8th against Oregon State which affected his accuracy some during the season.

Davis had a good week at the Senior Bowl and I think the best QB during the game. Of course the top 2017 QBs did not play.

I know several draft sites have Webb being drafted in the 3rd or 4th, but I think he might go as high as the 2nd round.

Very strong arm and good size. I would be ok with KC drafting and developing.

I would prefer Patrick Mahomes if the Chiefs can get him.

Mr_Tomahawk
02-16-2017, 08:18 PM
Darkhorse

Quesadilla Joe
02-17-2017, 12:21 PM
Daniel Jeremiah had some things to say about Webb...

Don't sleep on Cal QB: In this week's Ask 5 article, I posed a question to five executives working for teams with established quarterbacks. I asked them to identify the quarterback they would target this offseason if they worked for a team that was desperate to upgrade the quarterback spot. One of the players mentioned -- Cal quarterback Davis Webb -- caught some readers by surprise.

Despite being selected as the MVP of the Reese's Senior Bowl last month, Webb hasn't received much hype in media circles. However, I can confirm this executive isn't the only one intrigued by the big pocket passer. In fact, I think he is likely to go in the second round and I wouldn't be totally shocked if he snuck into the back of Round 1. Two teams to keep an eye on: the Cardinals and Browns. Webb's skill set fits perfectly in Arizona's offense, and Hue Jackson's Browns staff coached him at the Senior Bowl. -- Daniel Jeremiahhttp://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000786316/article/move-the-sticks-notes-best-nfl-draft-strategy-for-browns-titans

Chief Northman
02-18-2017, 02:28 PM
He is not really a Darkhorse, but given the fact that Kizer, Mahomes, Trubisky and Watson have dominated the QB talk for this draft, I really believe that Nate Peterman enters this draft with arguably the highest floor of all these prospects.

He commanded a prostyle offense, gets the ball out quickly, is athletic enough to escape pressure and make plays with his feet, and has some nicely developed nuances that will translate to the pro game arguably better then the proverbial top four guys that have been hyped thus far.

The only real knocks on Peterman have to do with size, and the fact that he likely does not have elite arm strength. Where he compensates is with his accuracy and ability to read a defence. The Kirk Cousins comparisons are not lazy ones – he looks a lot like him. I would think that you could easily develop this guy into at worst a quality #2 pivot. His upside may not be as great as some, but he is well-equipped to compete at the next level.

milkman
02-18-2017, 05:53 PM
Pat Mahomes beat him out for the starter job at Texas Tech. Mahomes > Webb

Joe Flacco was the back up to Tyler Palco at Pitt before transferring to Delaware.

Mr_Tomahawk
02-18-2017, 08:47 PM
No to Peterman. Noodle arm.

kccrow
02-19-2017, 12:31 AM
No to Peterman. Noodle arm.

Noodle arm? NO.

Cannon? NO.

He's got every bit a solid NFL arm. He's not going to be throwing darts like a Brett Favre, but he's no Chad Pennington. I'd put is arm fully on par with Alex Smith's.

Titty Meat
02-19-2017, 01:44 PM
Noodle arm? NO.

Cannon? NO.

He's got every bit a solid NFL arm. He's not going to be throwing darts like a Brett Favre, but he's no Chad Pennington. I'd put is arm fully on par with Alex Smith's.

Are you his agent?

Mr_Tomahawk
02-19-2017, 02:45 PM
Noodle arm? NO.

Cannon? NO.

Oh god no.

kccrow
02-19-2017, 06:36 PM
Are you his agent?

Are you an asshole? Yes.

Moving on.

kccrow
02-19-2017, 06:36 PM
Oh god no.

I didn't say he had the vision of Alex Smith. That would be an "Oh God NO!"

RunKC
02-21-2017, 09:51 AM
Watch his game vs Washington. His team is completely outmatched but he made a lot of NFL throws downfield. Looked really good individually.

He needs time but he's further along than Mahommes, Watson and Kizer as you can see he is making 2, 3 sometimes 4 reads on a lot of plays.

The question is if he's going to have the ceiling of one of the other QB's? This kid will go early to mid 2nd rd IMO but I could see someone picking him in the 1st.

Bowser
02-21-2017, 11:15 AM
Does anyone foresee any of these rooks making an impact this season? I think most of them have potential, but it's all in the way they are coached up and brought along. I "think" Andy is a great coach to take a season to watch and learn from, but as Milkman pointed out once, it was Andy that wanted Alex....

(To be fair, I'm sure nobody gave two thoughts about Dak Prescott being a pro bowler this year, either)

RunKC
02-28-2017, 09:53 AM
Webb's passing percentage is severely inflated by 100 screen passes per game. Actually watch his down field throwing in games, it is atrocious.

I've watched him vs 2 top 20 opponents (Utah/Washington) and he looked like a very good candidate to develop.

I can definitely see why teams like him.

kccrow
02-28-2017, 05:49 PM
I've watched him vs 2 top 20 opponents (Utah/Washington) and he looked like a very good candidate to develop.

I can definitely see why teams like him.

We're going to agree to disagree on this kid. That's really as far as I'm going to go with it on him. He sucks IMO. Inaccurate. Except when he throws sideways. Kind of like the Chiefs current piece of shit at the position.

Watch him play Stanford, it's a real dooooosey of a performance.

raybec 4
02-28-2017, 06:03 PM
Joe Flacco was the back up to Tyler Palco at Pitt before transferring to Delaware.

We all loved Tyler fucking Palko

Quesadilla Joe
03-02-2017, 02:56 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Davis Webb is going so much earlier than most people think. Top 50.</p>&mdash; Matt Miller (@nfldraftscout) <a href="https://twitter.com/nfldraftscout/status/837401752261570563">March 2, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Mr_Tomahawk
03-02-2017, 03:26 PM
I would take him with our second pick...

Tall. Smart. Big Arm.

RB in rnd 1.

QB in rnd 2.

Then all fatties.

Mr_Tomahawk
03-03-2017, 01:29 PM
<blockquoteclass="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Davis Webb is confident, saying he&#39;s always expected to be here (preparing for NFL).<br><br>&quot;I&#39;m 6&#39;5&quot;, 230 lbs&amp; can throw better than anyone.&quot;</p>&mdash; BJ Kissel(@ChiefsReporter) <a href="https://twitter.com/ChiefsReporter/status/837746023212716032">March 3, 2017</a></blockquote> <script asyncsrc="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Dante84
03-06-2017, 01:29 AM
I don't know that he will be there for our second round pick, unfortunately.

If all the guys we really like happen to be off the board by 27, I wouldn't be opposed to another trade back like last year. Maybe snag him and a LB/RB in the second round, and then we still have two 3rd rounders, maybe more depending on the trade compensation. That would be nice in a draft this deep.

Chief Northman
03-06-2017, 11:58 PM
Enough with this shit already. Webb is fool's gold.
So tired of morons jizzing over arm strength/deep ball as the be all end all. His accuracy short to mid-range is poor. The next level is unforgiving if qbs can't make good decisions and have poor accuracy. Average athlete at best.

We've already fucked around enough with the likes of Murray, Bray and Hogan. Same shit in a 6'5" pile with Webb.