PDA

View Full Version : Who is the non-qb player you trade up for in this draft?

Chief Northman
02-06-2017, 09:10 PM
Many discussions about who and how we trade up for a potential QBOTF in this draft, and rightly so. The time has come.

But is there a player in this draft that you feel would be a huge impact add to the roster, and would be ok with a moderate trade up to go get?

For me, that player is Reuben Foster. This man plays with violence and instinct that was last displayed by the likes of Urlacher and Lewis. I think Foster could bring a whole new level of attitude and intimidation to this defence. If he escapes the top 10 picks, I would want the Chiefs to try to get to him.

Willie Lanier
02-07-2017, 10:08 AM
Many discussions about who and how we trade up for a potential QBOTF in this draft, and rightly so. The time has come.

But is there a player in this draft that you feel would be a huge impact add to the roster, and would be ok with a moderate trade up to go get?

For me, that player is Reuben Foster. This man plays with violence and instinct that was last displayed by the likes of Urlacher and Lewis. I think Foster could bring a whole new level of attitude and intimidation to this defence. If he escapes the top 10 picks, I would want the Chiefs to try to get to him.

Foster is my favorite player in this draft...

That said I see almost zero chance of us trading up far enough to get him

chiefscafan
02-07-2017, 10:45 AM
Being a Bama fan I love foster but he isn't falling out of top 13

Sandy Vagina
02-07-2017, 10:53 AM
Yep. The only non-QB prospect that I'd consider it worthy enough to want KC to trade up for.

He's not Patrick Willis/sub-4.5 speed level though.. and even that type was selected 11th and 15th, respectively. So if Foster gets into the 15-20 range, I'd not complain if KC makes a move.

Sfeihc
02-08-2017, 09:33 AM
Jabril Peppers

kccrow
02-08-2017, 12:21 PM
Non-QB? Fuck... The only ones that I'd consider actually even falling within reasonable range, meaning a few picks, are Corey Davis and Zach Cunningham. There are other guys I like a bunch, but they aren't falling.

Black Bob
02-08-2017, 06:30 PM
Reuben Foster

staylor26
02-08-2017, 06:34 PM
Reuben Foster

Bingo. Foster would be fantastic in this defense.

philfree
02-09-2017, 10:01 AM
No need to trade up in this draft. I'ts deep with edge players, CB, S and RB. There will be a real good prospect available when we pick so we just need to take what the draft hands us in the 1st round. Stock the D with the best Edge player or CB that's on the board.

RunKC
02-09-2017, 10:06 AM
Not sure about his speed but Malik Hooker has incredible ball skills. Imagine him in the same secondary as Peters and Berry?

Goddamn

kccrow
02-09-2017, 04:23 PM
Can't see Foster making it out of the top 12. If I'm going up that high its for a QB. Pipe dream. Next.

milkman
02-12-2017, 11:55 AM
Not to derail the discussion, but I never saw Urlacher with the kind of violence that Lewis played with.

He played with outstanding instinct combined with excellent speed.

kccrow
02-12-2017, 02:08 PM
Not to derail the discussion, but I never saw Urlacher with the kind of violence that Lewis played with.

Guy seemed to always be in the right place. I agree he wasn't as violent, not that he didn't lay the wood, but he was just a fundamentally sound, great linebacker.

Buehler445
02-13-2017, 03:49 AM

Guy seemed to always be in the right place. I agree he wasn't as violent, not that he didn't lay the wood, but he was just a fundamentally sound, great linebacker.

These. His deal was he could plug the hole at LOS and run 90 yards with Dallas Clark, Gonzo, or Jason Witten.

He made the Tampon 2 work in Chicago. And frankly because you need players like that is why the Tampon 2 isn't viable.

Dante84
02-13-2017, 11:14 AM
Just watched Foster's USC tape.

Jeeeeeeeesus.

Pasta Little Brioni
02-13-2017, 11:58 AM
Trade up for a MLB??? ROFL Fuck this place sometimes. But but but it worked in Draft Day!

RippedmyFlesh
02-13-2017, 12:47 PM
Jabril Peppers

What do you do with him? He is interesting I just don't know how to get 1st round production out of him.

Hog's Gone Fishin
02-13-2017, 02:01 PM
Although not a huge position of need, that O.J Howard guy is intriguing. Can you imagine him and Kelce on the field together. We could dump Harris ,Travis and Oshitnaussey

staylor26
02-13-2017, 06:09 PM
Trade up for a MLB??? ROFL **** this place sometimes. But but but it worked in Draft Day!

Foster has the potential to be the best in the NFL. If the shoulder injury causes him to slip into the 20's, it would be worth it. He's a top 5-7 player in this draft.

Just imagine adding a Lewis/Urlacher caliber ILB on this defense. It would be scary.

Chief Northman
02-13-2017, 08:40 PM
Trade up for a MLB??? ROFL **** this place sometimes. But but but it worked in Draft Day!

Do your homework fool.

The kid will be all world.

O.city
02-14-2017, 12:16 PM
If Foster got into the 20's I'd do it.

DJ's left nut
02-14-2017, 02:42 PM
I presume the cost of the move-up is also to be considered?

Because Jonathan Allen is a monster and putting him in the middle next to Jones and...who gives a fuck....would be pretty outstanding.

But I suspect he's a top 5 guy and if so, that's cost-prohibitive.