PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Alternate history: if the Chiefs had drafted Tom Brady

Hammock Parties
02-06-2017, 09:15 PM
Let us fantasize:

Tom Brady is drafted in the 6th round by brilliant GM Carl Peterson, instead of G Darnell Alford. He languishes on the bench behind Elvis Grbac and Warren Moon. The Chiefs finish 7-9, Gunther Cunningham is fired at season's end, Grbac moves on to Baltimore and Brady sees his opportunity. The Ravens win the Super Bowl.

The Chiefs hire Dick Vermeil. He likes what he sees in Tom Brady, but still wants to trade for Trent Green. Brady is Green's backup. The Chiefs do not acquire Todd Collins, and finish 6-10. Even after a horrible season from Green, there is no QB controversy because no one has seen Brady take a meaningful snap in a real game. The Rams win the Super Bowl.

Brady is Green's backup. The Chiefs offense flourishes and Green cements his status as KC's starter. The Chiefs finish 8-8. Brady plays in mop-up duty in one game and throws his first NFL TD pass. Fans remark: "Wow, Brady looked really good against Arizona!" The Bucs win the Super Bowl.

Brady is Green's backup. He plays again in mop-up duty and looks good, but nothing meaningful. The Chiefs lose in the playoffs to Peyton Manning, who defeats the Patriots next week. The Colts win the Super Bowl.

Brady is Green's backup. The Chiefs miss the playoffs, but again no meaningful playing time for Brady. The Colts win the Super Bowl.

Brady is Green's backup. Brady gets no game action at all this year due to Green's remarkable health. The Chiefs miss the playoffs. Still no QB controversy, although fans wonder how much longer Green has at age 35. The Steelers win the Super Bowl.

Dick Vermeil retires, and the Chiefs hire Herm Edwards. The Chiefs do not draft Brodie Croyle or sign Damon Huard. Brady is Green's backup, but Green gets hurt in Week 1 and, finally at age 29, Brady has his chance! Brady plays well enough that Green stays on the bench the entire season. The Chiefs finish 12-4 instead of 9-7 due to superior QB play, and, true to form, Brady bests Manning in the postseason. The Chiefs win the Super Bowl, beating an overrated Bears squad! Herm Edwards dances in the locker room after his Cover 2 defense picks off Rex Grossman several times. He and Carl are The Toast of the Town!

Tom Brady is the Chiefs starting quarterback. Trent Green is traded. The Chiefs still have a pretty good defense, and even with a bad offensive line, Brady gets them back to the playoffs at 10-6. Unfortunately the Chiefs as a team aren't quite good enough this year, and lose to the Chargers in the AFC Championship game. The Giants win the Super Bowl.

Tom Brady signs a long-term contract with the Chiefs. Carl Peterson also signs an extension, and his trade of malcontent Jared Allen is hailed. But the Chiefs offensive line is still pretty bad, and Tom Brady blows out his knee in Week 1. With no Huard or Croyle on the Chiefs roster in this alternate history, that makes Tyler Thigpen the Chiefs starting QB. The Chiefs have a shockingly bad year and finish 2-14. The Steelers win the Super Bowl.

The Chiefs avoid the Scott Pioli disaster. They do not trade Tony Gonzalez. After the 2-14 season, people are beginning to question the Chiefs success: is it Herm and Carl, or Brady? Thankfully, Brady's return means the Chiefs are back to winning, but Brady isn't quite his old self. The Chiefs finish 10-6, and lose to the Ravens in the playoffs. The Saints win the Super Bowl.

The Chiefs have a really easy schedule, and Tom Brady is back at full strength. The Chiefs finish 14-2, Dwayne Bowe and Jamaal Charles are absolutely lethal with an elite QB running the offense, and Carl and Herm are The Toast of the Town again. Unfortunately, Brady runs into a younger, hotter QB in Aaron Rodgers and a better overall team in the Super Bowl. The Packers win the Super Bowl.

We're now five years removed from the Chiefs Super Bowl win, and people are questioning if Brady can ever do it again now that he's 34. The Chiefs have a pretty strong roster at this point, though. Brady has one of his best seasons ever. The Chiefs finish 12-4 and go back to the Super Bowl. Unfortunately, they run into a younger, hotter QB in Eli Manning and a better team. The Giants win the Super Bowl.

Thirty-five year old Tom Brady is 1-2 in Super Bowls and definitely not in the GOAT conversation at this point. The Chiefs still have a pretty good roster though, and go back to the playoffs at 11-5. Unfortunately, they're not as good as they were the previous season and lose in the playoffs to eventual SB winner Joe Flacco. The Ravens win the Super Bowl.

Peyton Manning is in Denver now, and the league is looking forward to the Brady-Manning AFC West showdowns twice a year. The Broncos are good, but Brady has always bested Manning and the Chiefs win the division at 13-3. They go back to the Super Bowl, but lose to a younger, hotter QB in Russell Wilson. The Seahawks win the Super Bowl.

Tom Brady is 37 and 1-3 in Super Bowls, and has little drive left to prove anything else. He's had an excellent career for a sixth-rounder. No one thinks he is in the conversation for "greatest of all time."

Chiefs fans have given him the nickname "Tom Fadey," for his legendary Super Bowl collapses. The siren call of Kansas City barbecue has ruined his strict diet, and supermodel Gisele Bundchen has refused all of his sexual advances.

He decides to retire. Carl and Herm lead the Chiefs to another 2-14 season

The Chiefs have the first pick in the NFL draft. Having irrefutable proof now that you don't need to draft a QB in the first round of the draft to win a Super Bowl, Carl Peterson decides to end his career the way he started it, and picks a pass rusher: Dante Fowler.

He trades the Chiefs second-round pick for steady veteran QB Alex Smith.

The Chiefs go 2-14.

Herm Edwards and Carl Peterson retire. Herm is the second winningest HC in Chiefs history (88-72). Peterson has had an incredible 27-year run as GM, and if you don't like it, you can kiss his ring, bitches.

Having mostly squandered the stellar career of Tom Brady, they are still The Toast of the Town. The Hunts erect statues in their honor.

Tom Brady comes out of retirement and signs with the New England Patriots, who win the Super Bowl.

TribalElder
02-06-2017, 09:17 PM
Brady would have never got to play

Spott
02-06-2017, 09:17 PM
You have way too much free time.

Rasputin
02-06-2017, 09:19 PM
In 2006 the Chiefs would have traded Brady for another teams back up so we never would have won a Super Bowl.

Rain Man
02-06-2017, 09:21 PM
I can see a different alternative history where I do a poll about "best Chiefs backup QB of the last 20 years" and Todd Collins beats Tom Brady handily.

Frazod
02-06-2017, 09:22 PM
In 2006 the Chiefs would have traded Brady for another teams back up so we never would have won a Super Bowl.

This. :banghead:

02-06-2017, 09:25 PM
First off the Patriots put him in a position to succeed. That snow game against the raiders he was taking 3 step drops and throwing misdirection screen passes, running draw plays out of the shotgun and the entire patriots offense was unpredictable. Now had that been Herm Edwards or let's say Paul Hackett it would have been two cracks in the line with the running back and 7-9 step drop on 3rd down to get Brady killed.

This is a very dumb thread btw

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-06-2017, 09:42 PM
Brady and Herm?

Oh sweet god...

ClevelandBronco
02-06-2017, 09:47 PM
When did the Chiefs hire Belichick?

RealSNR
02-06-2017, 09:55 PM
Tom Brady's career would have looked a lot different if Bledsoe never got hurt in 2001.

It's quite possible New England would have fucked that Bledsoe chicken so hard that Brady never would have been discovered as a starting QB by them. Perhaps by another team.

Hammock Parties
02-06-2017, 09:56 PM
Brady and Herm?

Oh sweet god...

I think it would have gone down about like Manning and Dungy.

KC_Lee
02-06-2017, 09:59 PM
I still wonder what would have happened if Green did not get his knee blown out in STL. Would KC have traded for Warner and caught lightning in a bottle during Vermiel's tenure with KC?

Rasputin
02-06-2017, 10:03 PM

:bong:

chiefzilla1501
02-06-2017, 10:03 PM
Brady would have never got to play

It's such a crazy thing to think about.

I hate that he ended up playing because I despise everything New England stands for. But it would be awful to think that the GOAT may not have played much if on a different team. Hell, even if Bledsoe didn't get injured for a long time.

Back then, coaches obsessed a lot more about giving first round QBs way too much runway. It's a miracle a late rounder like Brady saw the field even as a backup.

MatriculatingHank
02-06-2017, 10:04 PM
You have way too much free time.

Ouch.. True, but ouch..

Rasputin
02-06-2017, 10:06 PM
I still wonder what would have happened if Green did not get his knee blown out in STL. Would KC have traded for Warner and caught lightning in a bottle during Vermiel's tenure with KC?

No one ever would have heard of Warner because Trent Green would have won Super Bowls with Vermeil but Warner never would have gotten the call from Vermeil to give him a shot so he still would have been bagging groceries and playing arena football. How often do arena football players get the call from NFL head coaches?

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-06-2017, 10:08 PM
Tom Brady's career would have looked a lot different if Bledsoe never got hurt in 2001.

It's quite possible New England would have ****ed that Bledsoe chicken so hard that Brady never would have been discovered as a starting QB by them. Perhaps by another team.

It IS the way of the obstinate, NFL head coach.

I think Carl would have been too dumb to realize what he had with Brady, and would have continued building teams in his special, Carl-way.

Hammock Parties
02-06-2017, 10:10 PM
It IS the way of the obstinate, NFL head coach.

I think Carl would have been too dumb to realize what he had with Brady, and would have continued building teams in his special, Carl-way.

Vermeil would have realized what he was. At least enough to keep him on as the backup.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-06-2017, 10:13 PM
Vermeil would have realized what he was. At least enough to keep him on as the backup.

We can only dream.

Mile High Mania
02-06-2017, 10:14 PM
It's such a crazy thing to think about.

I hate that he ended up playing because I despise everything New England stands for. But it would be awful to think that the GOAT may not have played much if on a different team. Hell, even if Bledsoe didn't get injured for a long time.

Back then, coaches obsessed a lot more about giving first round QBs way too much runway. It's a miracle a late rounder like Brady saw the field even as a backup.

Brady and Romo have a Bledsoe injury to thank for their careers.

Rasputin
02-06-2017, 10:18 PM
Brady by 2003 would have had caught coaches attention in preseason and would have been dealt with to become starter or traded to another team to become a starter. A team like New England and they not us would have won multiple Super Bowls with Tom Brady. Chiefs don't have for site for a bright future. They stay with status quo.

notorious
02-06-2017, 10:26 PM
Why do this to yourself?

Rasputin
02-06-2017, 10:32 PM
You forgot one thing to put a little wrench in your vision of winning a Super Bowl in 2006 to keep it from happening.

Because Chiefs.

TimBone
02-06-2017, 10:41 PM
Buehler is not going to like that Herm won a Super Bowl in this alternate universe.

Nickhead
02-07-2017, 12:38 AM
and dane spent every fucking second ranting on how bad the chiefs qb's are the entire time ROFL

LoneWolf
02-07-2017, 01:04 AM
I sure am glad that Clay is back to entertain us with such exciting threads. I don't know what we ever did without him. It's going to be one long offseason with this sack of AIDS starting a different QB thread every day.

Nickhead
02-07-2017, 01:41 AM
I sure am glad that Clay is back to entertain us with such exciting threads. I don't know what we ever did without him. It's going to be one long offseason with this sack of AIDS starting a different QB thread every day.

now, i could be wrong, but with the occasional 'fuck you with an aids stick' at least he doesn't berate posters ad Eminem like others do.

he was part of the reason i found humor on this site.

i still want to know how he went over a million posts with one account though ROFL

Rasputin
02-07-2017, 06:31 AM
I think I like my alternative history based on Madden 04 whereas I become the owner operator of the Chiefs Franchise and go on to win like 10 straight Super Bowls with narrowly a loss I mean undefeated for 5 years at a time I think is pretty impressive.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-07-2017, 06:42 AM
Brady by 2003 would have had caught coaches attention in preseason and would have been dealt with to become starter or traded to another team to become a starter. A team like New England and they not us would have won multiple Super Bowls with Tom Brady. Chiefs don't have for site for a bright future. They stay with status quo.

There's the Chiefs. Right there.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
02-07-2017, 07:24 AM
Without BB, Tom Brady has 1-2 championships. From a passing and mobility standpoint, Rodgers is the greatest thing we've seen since cool Joe (if not better)

scho63
02-07-2017, 11:27 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/-KufFjcWOUQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>