PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs PFF Top 101 Players of 2016

Hammock Parties
02-08-2017, 11:41 AM
Four Chiefs on the list

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-top-101-players-from-the-2016-nfl-season/?utm_content=bufferb800a&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=nfl

37. Travis Kelce, TE, Kansas City Chiefs (unranked)

Few teams survive with a tight end as their top offensive weapon, but that’s what happened to the Chiefs this season, and Travis Kelce was good enough to get them to the playoffs. Kelce racked up 1,125 receiving yards — the most in the league among TEs — and averaged a massive 7.7 yards per reception after the catch, turning shallow Alex Smith targets into big plays. Smith didn’t throw an interception when targeting Kelce, and it’s just a shame he dropped a key target from Smith on one of the few occasions he went deep against the Steelers in the playoffs.

Best performance: Week 13 vs. Falcons, 94.9 grade

Key stat: Kelce gained 652 yards after the catch, 240 more than any other tight end.

57. Eric Berry, S, Kansas City Chiefs (52)

Eric Berry continued his fine play for the Chiefs in the heart of the Kansas City defense. Berry earned strong grades against both the run and pass, making 18 defensive stops on the season and picking off four passes. Overall, he did very little wrong, and played well in a role that saw him back deep as a free safety more this year than in the past.

Best performance: Week 15 vs. Titans, 87.0 grade

Key stat: Berry played just 18.8 percent of his snaps in the box as a strong safety in 2016.

96. Marcus Peters, CB, Kansas City Chiefs (unranked)

A season ago, Marcus Peters led the league in interceptions, but was nowhere to be found on this list because of how regularly he was beaten to offset those picks. This year, he was a far tougher player to have success against, and still maintained a high level of playmaking, picking off six passes and breaking up another 11. For the season, he allowed a passer rating into his coverage of just 66.0, and his coverage numbers outside of the interception total were better across the board.

Best performance: Week 17 vs. Chargers, 95.1 grade

Key stat: Peters allowed 25 fewer catches and 371 fewer yards in 2016 than he did as a rookie.

100. Tyreek Hill, WR, Kansas City Chiefs

Tyreek Hill became one of the league’s most dangerous playmakers for the Chiefs in his first season. He was a threat to score anytime he touched the ball, and by the end of the season, had found pay-dirt 12 times—six times as a receiver, three times running the ball, and on three returns.

Best performance: Week 12 vs. Broncos, 80.9

Key stat: Hill averaged 13.1 yards every time he touched the football as a rookie.

The Franchise
02-08-2017, 11:42 AM
I bet Alex is at #102. Soooooo close.

kccrow
02-08-2017, 11:46 AM
I bet Alex is at #1002. Soooooo close.

Fixed it.

dls6501
02-08-2017, 12:58 PM
Hill would have been so much higher on the list if his QB knew how to use him.

Rooster
02-08-2017, 12:59 PM
I bet Alex is at #102. Soooooo close.

His name is Pro Bowl Starting QB Alex. :D

Hootie
02-08-2017, 01:12 PM
...I realize they grade by volume which is not a good way to grade.

But I'd imagine Tyreek was a top 10 non-QB value in the NFL this year.

He was that good. He did everything well. I've never seen a team ever fear a Kansas City Chief offensive player until Tyreek Hill.

Hootie
02-08-2017, 01:12 PM
the dude is literally Antonio Brown 2.0

it reminds me of the early days of Jamaal Charles and Chris Johnson ... I used to call Jamaal Chris Johnson Light. And then it flipped.

When I see Tyreek, I see Antonio. Very exciting.

Rasputin
02-08-2017, 02:13 PM
Seriously Hill is 100? Teams shit their pants when they had to punt or kick off to that guy.

How can anybody take anybody serious in anything? Seriously though.

Hammock Parties
02-08-2017, 03:55 PM
I've never seen a team ever fear a Kansas City Chief offensive player until Tyreek Hill.

This is just crazy talk. Jamaal Charles?

ThaVirus
02-08-2017, 04:50 PM
LMAO That's pure craziness.

Defensive coordinators definitely feared guys like Tony G, Priest, Larry Johnson, JC.

Hootie
02-08-2017, 04:56 PM
not really the fear I'm talking about

Jamaal, close. LJ was a product of our line and the Vermeil offense more than anything. He was best in 2005. With Herm he was just an extreme volume runner.

Tony G was amazing but he didn't change an entire complexion of the game.

Tyreek was Andy Reid's entire focal point against the Steelers. He had him in on 80%+ of the snaps, every kick return ... his numbers didn't show it, but the Steelers game planned for him more than anyone. You think Kelce just got better this year and that's why his numbers went way up? Nah ... motioning Tyreek from left to right or right to left opened up the entire middle of the field every play for Kelce.

Tyreek in a more prominent offensive role opens up our entire offense because he basically has to be double teamed. I'm telling you ... this dude is Antonio Brown. Same guy.

And I've watched enough Chiefs to know we've never had an Antonio Brown before. Jamaal qualifies as a guy who was deadly, though.

Two most electric Chiefs of my life - Jamaal and Tyreek. Tyreek will end up being more valuable to this franchise, though.

Hammock Parties
02-08-2017, 05:04 PM
Tyreek opened up our offense so well that when Alex Smith was on the field they scored less than 20 points per game.

The worst output of the Andy Reid era.

He's not Randy Moss.

Hootie
02-08-2017, 05:14 PM
you think Randy Moss would have been Oakland Randy with Alex/Andy or New England Randy?

Tyreek is Antonio Brown. We need a QB (Romo) who can get the best out of 'Reek and Maclin (and Kelce) and the offense.

We don't need to play this type of offense with this caliber of skill player. We need a different QB ... and this isn't the Alex bashing you guys do. I appreciate Alex and wish him well ... but we need a QB that opens things up. Hell, if we can't get Romo, cut Alex, keep Foles, and draft a guy.

I can't take another year of boring football - we won 12 games, and I was bored to death for most of it.

Hammock Parties
02-08-2017, 05:22 PM
Agree 100%. I just don't think Tyreek is quite who you think he is....yet.

He scares me more as a kick returner.

He wasn't that productive as a WR in college and it shows.

Hootie
02-08-2017, 05:24 PM
How does it show? Explain

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

TipRoast
02-08-2017, 05:29 PM
I've never seen a team ever fear a Kansas City Chief offensive player until Tyreek Hill.

Were you a fan when Christian Okoye was a Chief?

Hootie
02-08-2017, 05:32 PM
I moved to KC when I was 5 in 1990. My real opinions started in about 95 even though I went to all the games back in 91-98 ... I started really caring about age 10

Hammock Parties
02-08-2017, 05:36 PM
Well let's start with the fact that as a pure WR, he was a ghost in about half his games last year.

When was the last time you saw him take a drag route or a slant for a first down? An out? Hill only caught two intermediate passes (11-20 yards) all season long.

He seems to be a guy who runs a lot of gimmicky stuff on offense (though it works because he's not a POS like Dex) and then mixes in a deep ball once inawhile.

I think there's a pretty big hole in his game in terms of route running that two or three seasons will be needed to bring him to full fruition as a WR.

Hootie
02-08-2017, 05:38 PM
I was nothing but impressed by his route running this year. Dude is an all-pro receiver. He's Antonio Brown. Watch

dls6501
02-08-2017, 05:43 PM
Well let's start with the fact that as a pure WR, he was a ghost in about half his games last year.

When was the last time you saw him take a drag route or a slant for a first down? An out? Hill only caught two intermediate passes (11-20 yards) all season long.

He seems to be a guy who runs a lot of gimmicky stuff on offense (though it works because he's not a POS like Dex) and then mixes in a deep ball once inawhile.

I think there's a pretty big hole in his game in terms of route running that two or three seasons will be needed to bring him to full fruition as a WR.

The hole in his game is that we cannot utilize his best aspect (speed), with fly routes or long streaking routes....because our quarterback cannot utilize him.

The fact that Hill's longest reception of the year was 49 yards is A JOKE. The fastest player in the league couldnt muster up a bigger gain than that? Clearly that is not a Hill issue. Oh and for the record, that 49 yard pass play came from Foles throwing the ball.

I realize that my response was a little all over the place, but the fact of the matter is to blame Hill for going ghost some games is a direct reflection of the QB. I refuse to believe that someone with the skillset that he has simply disappears for no reason.

TipRoast
02-08-2017, 05:45 PM
I moved to KC when I was 5 in 1990. My real opinions started in about 95 even though I went to all the games back in 91-98 ... I started really caring about age 10

If you had had the opportunity to see Okoye play in his prime, you may have added him to your list of Chiefs players that other teams fear.

Defensive backs wanted no part of him.

Hootie
02-08-2017, 05:45 PM
...and Foles grossly underthrew him and Tyreek flashed his elite ball skills with the catch. The dude has all the speed in the world and on top of that he's a world class, instinctive athlete. I'm telling you, he's an Antonio Brown clone. In every single aspect.

SAUTO
02-08-2017, 06:06 PM
Agree 100%. I just don't think Tyreek is quite who you think he is....yet.

He scares me more as a kick returner.

ROFL

Hammock Parties
02-08-2017, 06:17 PM
...and Foles grossly underthrew him and Tyreek flashed his elite ball skills with the catch. The dude has all the speed in the world and on top of that he's a world class, instinctive athlete. I'm telling you, he's an Antonio Brown clone. In every single aspect.

I actually don't think they're the same kind of football player at all. Antonio Brown ran a 4.47.

Tyreek Hill = Brandin Cooks

In fact their rookie seasons, in terms of sheer WR production, are remarkably similar.

LoneWolf
02-08-2017, 06:23 PM

I see your vacation from CP didn't cure your stupid. Would you like to guess why Tyreek wasn't productive as a WR in college?

notorious
02-08-2017, 06:45 PM
Hill was stuck at 100 because he is a rookie.

No way I can think of 99 players that are better than him. No fucking way.

Dave Lane
02-08-2017, 07:23 PM
Hill would have been so much higher on the list if his QB knew how to use him.

Or how to throw him the ball when running wide open

ThaVirus
02-08-2017, 09:42 PM
So has it been confirmed that Romosexual is Hootie?

Guy definitely posts like Hootie and his age would match up pretty well.

BigCatDaddy
02-08-2017, 09:50 PM

It is. Looks like everyone got a fresh start.

Hootie
02-08-2017, 10:21 PM

Lol ... I mean, wow

Hootie
02-08-2017, 10:22 PM
Cooks is an absolute terrible comparison, by the way. Tyreek Hill is Antonio Brown. Period. Cooks? Awful comparison. Clay is so bad at football observation.

Hammock Parties
02-08-2017, 10:32 PM
Cooks is an absolute terrible comparison, by the way. Tyreek Hill is Antonio Brown. Period. Cooks? Awful comparison. Clay is so bad at football observation.

Looks exactly like Reek....

http://s3.amazonaws.com/br-cdn/temp_images/2014/10/27/2014-10-2617_45_01.gif

Now Reek needs to take his game to the next level and do this...he didn't do anything like this all year. I don't remember the Chiefs throwing one slant to him...wonder why?

https://cdn1.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/6985711/9YxAAK2.0.gif

ThaVirus
02-08-2017, 10:38 PM
Lol ... I mean, wow

Yep. Hootie confirmed.

Hootie
02-08-2017, 10:38 PM
He's a better football player than Cooks. I can promise you that.

But Cooks was a 1st round talent.

Brown was drafted out of a small school in the 6th round as a punt returner.

Hill had all sorts of issues and no one had any sort of feel for what kind of actual football player he was they just knew he was really fast.

Well I'm here to tell you - he compliments his world class speed with world class athleticism and worth class instincts. Instinct is every bit as important as athleticism in the NFL (or any sport, really).

Tyreek is a special, special player. He'll be the best offensive player, and perhaps the best player period, we'll ever see, to date, as Chiefs fans. Mark my words.

Hootie
02-08-2017, 10:39 PM
Yep. Hootie confirmed.

ROFL

kcchiefsus
02-09-2017, 02:53 AM
Glad to see our highly paid pass rusher is earning his money.

Nickhead
02-09-2017, 05:01 AM
...I realize they grade by volume which is not a good way to grade.

But I'd imagine Tyreek was a top 10 non-QB value in the NFL this year.

He was that good. He did everything well. I've never seen a team ever fear a Kansas City Chief offensive player until Tyreek Hill.

next year, he should not be a decoy. he should be reid #1! straight down the field. maybe a little juke move, but thats it :D

Rausch
02-09-2017, 08:23 AM

If anything he compares to that speedster that Atlanta has.

He's better, but they're similar in style...

Tribal Warfare
02-09-2017, 08:34 AM
If anything he compares to that speedster that Atlanta has.

He's better, but they're similar in style...

Tyreek is more Rae Carruth than others mentioned. Carruth is a world class scumbag, but was blazing fast, TD threat when he had the ball.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
02-09-2017, 09:19 AM
Glad to see our highly paid pass rusher is earning his money.

It's killing me. 2 playoffs and he has given us nothing. Jamaal Charles...3 playoffs under Reid and we have received nothing.