PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Chiefs expected to decline Nick Foles option

RunKC
02-15-2017, 10:08 AM
Rotoworld

Chiefs expected to decline Foles' 2017 option tinyurl.com/hkrbj5k

Mike Garrafolo

Chiefs likely to pass on QB Nick Foles' option for 2017, making him a free agent-to-be, sources say. Was due $6.4m (not the reported $10.4m)

Titty Meat
02-15-2017, 10:09 AM
Cuz were drafting a qb!

The Franchise
02-15-2017, 10:09 AM
NFL Network's Mike Garafolo reports the Chiefs are expected to decline Nick Foles' team option for 2017.

Most outlets had Foles pegged for a $10.4 million salary for 2017, but Garafolo reports it's actually a more reasonable $6.4 million. Either way, the Chiefs aren't likely to pick it up, which would make Foles a free agent. It would save the Chiefs $6.75 million in cap space. Foles bombed out in his short time with the Rams in 2015 but looked good in limited work with the Chiefs last season, completing 36-of-55 passes (65.5 percent) for 410 yards (7.5 YPA) and a 3:0 TD:INT ratio. He could be a candidate to start somewhere come Week 1.

The Franchise
02-15-2017, 10:10 AM
So glad we're declining the option of $6.4 million on a QB that showed that he could do exactly what Smith can do.....for way cheaper.

:facepalm:

Fuck you, Alex Smith.

TribalElder
02-15-2017, 10:11 AM
Well bye

wazu
02-15-2017, 10:11 AM
All aboard the Mahomes Express!

RunKC
02-15-2017, 10:16 AM
So glad we're declining the option of $6.4 million on a QB that showed that he could do exactly what Smith can do.....for way cheaper.

**** you, Alex Smith.

The backup job just became vacant and there's no way in hell Bray is gonna fill that role.

It's either FA or draft.

The Franchise
02-15-2017, 10:19 AM
The backup job just became vacant and there's no way in hell Bray is gonna fill that role.

It's either FA or draft.

The fucking starting job should be vacant. Instead we're stuck with a below mediocre 33 year old QB who has shown to be on the decline. Can't wait to watch him miss Hill 2 to 3 times a game next season.

Bewbies
02-15-2017, 10:20 AM
Maybe we sign him back at a cheaper number?

Maybe Bray gets cut?

ChiTown
02-15-2017, 10:23 AM
The ****ing starting job should be vacant. Instead we're stuck with a below mediocre 33 year old QB who has shown to be on the decline. Can't wait to watch him miss Hill 2 to 3 times a game next season.

More reason's this Board should have a "Like Button"

:clap:

The Franchise
02-15-2017, 10:24 AM
Does Smith have a barn that he can fucking fall through during the offseason?

Mr_Tomahawk
02-15-2017, 10:28 AM
Here comes our QB!

Hoover
02-15-2017, 10:29 AM
"I want the Chiefs to draft a QB in the first round, just once in my life"

"I can't believe we are declining the 6.4M option on our backup QB!"

-Said the same dude.

So frustrating. We were never going to walk away from Smith. This is good news for those who want a legit QBotF

Titty Meat
02-15-2017, 10:31 AM
Man next year is gonna be so boring watching noodle arm try not to lose games while the defense bends for 500 yards. All the makings for a 7-9 season are there.

wazu
02-15-2017, 10:32 AM

-Said the same dude.

So frustrating. We were never going to walk away from Smith. This is good news for those who want a legit QBotF

More likely it is just Lucy teeing up the football again.

ct
All aboard the Mahomes Express!

woowoo

Rasputin
Maybe we could draft a QB in the first and 5th or 6th round?

We should do one 1,3,6 rounds because of lack of effort over the years. We could start 1 and back ups 3/6 rounders

We would be better off than with Smith starting and wasting every ones time.

The Franchise
02-15-2017, 10:33 AM
Man next year is gonna be so boring watching noodle arm try not to lose games while the defense bends for 500 yards. All the makings for a 7-9 season are there.

http://38.media.tumblr.com/df5baed9b23d44ef56dda617df65f3a1/tumblr_nesdg04ljx1qgf1i8o1_500.gif

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
02-15-2017, 10:35 AM
Cuz were drafting a qb!

Yes! It's happening!

In58men
02-15-2017, 10:41 AM
MANZIEL!!!!!!!!!!!

RunKC
02-15-2017, 10:54 AM
The ****ing starting job should be vacant. Instead we're stuck with a below mediocre 33 year old QB who has shown to be on the decline. Can't wait to watch him miss Hill 2 to 3 times a game next season.

I'm perfectly fine with this if a rd 1/2 QB is preparing to take over in 2018. If not, Andy can go fuck himself

pugsnotdrugs19
02-15-2017, 10:57 AM
6.4M instead of 10.75M.... hmmm. This means the cap space in the end will still be the same though right?

I hope so. We're gonna need it.

RunKC
02-15-2017, 11:04 AM
With rollover ($5.6 million) and Nick Foles declined option, that gives us roughly $12.7 million cap space.

Add the cap rise and it looks like $22.7 million

Hoover
02-15-2017, 11:05 AM
Maybe we could draft a QB in the first and 5th or 6th round?

We should do one 1,3,6 rounds because of lack of effort over the years. We could start 1 and back ups 3/6 rounders

We would be better off than with Smith starting and wasting every ones time.
This is possible considering the strenght of our roster and the number of picks we have.

Late rounder could be a practice squad guy.

scho63
02-15-2017, 11:11 AM
Another smart move by Dorsey

thabear04
02-15-2017, 11:17 AM
Here comes our QB!

Bray?

thabear04
02-15-2017, 11:17 AM
MANZIEL!!!!!!!!!!!

He been posting a lot of Chargers stuff.

Mile High Mania
02-15-2017, 11:20 AM
They need that money for Romo.

Red Dawg
02-15-2017, 11:36 AM

We keep Smith and cut Foles. That makes it official that the fans are screwed for another year with no hope of a title. Keeping Smith is just so unbelievably stupid and it's mind blowing how Dorsey can be so right at times but the one position you must get right he blows it. I like to think it's just because of the dead cap hit and our cap being too much with our cap dollars used up.

40 plus years of KC managers hitching their wagons to losers at QB is depressing.

RunKC
02-15-2017, 11:38 AM
BJ Kissel listed Mauga as a FA. Looks like we can't save $$ by cutting him.

Overthecap has had multiple blunders on their site already. Hard to trust them now

sedated
02-15-2017, 11:44 AM

-Said the same dude.

I think the desire is to save $10+ million by cutting Smith and keeping Foles as the replacement, while also drafting a QBotF. If they are the same guy, take the one that costs $6 million.

RealSNR
02-15-2017, 11:46 AM
Weren't we paying that fatass Chase Daniel gobs of money to be a worse backup than Foles was?

Since when does this team not overpay for backups? Hell, at least in this case Foles represents the distant threat that Alex should light a fire under his own ass and stop playing like such a pussy.

pugsnotdrugs19
02-15-2017, 11:47 AM
So, according to BJ Kissel on Chiefs.com, Josh Mauga is a UFA also. It was thought that he had another year on his deal but apparently he does not, and that frees up some cap space presumably.

pugsnotdrugs19
02-15-2017, 11:48 AM
BJ Kissel listed Mauga as a FA. Looks like we can't save $$ by cutting him.

Overthecap has had multiple blunders on their site already. Hard to trust them now

Yeah, I just saw that. We only have around $725,000 in cap space according to OTC now. Sheesh.

alpha_omega
02-15-2017, 11:51 AM
Didn't we all kind of figure this is what was gonna happen?

Mr_Tomahawk
02-15-2017, 12:04 PM
Mahomes.

chiefzilla1501
02-15-2017, 12:10 PM

The defense will be fine. I'm not going to get bent out of shape about a defense that lost almost half of its starters.

BossChief
02-15-2017, 12:12 PM
I hope someone signs him to be a starter.

1 less team not looking to draft a QB early in the draft.

jd1020
02-15-2017, 12:13 PM
Dont want to hurt Smith's confidence.

notorious
02-15-2017, 12:18 PM
I am finding it hard to give a fuck about the backup.

The starter is the team's biggest issue.

Rasputin
02-15-2017, 12:19 PM

Just think of all those misdirection's to make teams think Hill the fastest player in the NFL would get the ball only to hand it off to someone else for minimal gain.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-15-2017, 12:20 PM
Trash in/trash out.

Another day of QB greatness at One Arrowhead...

Marcellus
02-15-2017, 12:25 PM
Weren't we paying that fatass Chase Daniel gobs of money to be a worse backup than Foles was?

Since when does this team not overpay for backups? Hell, at least in this case Foles represents the distant threat that Alex should light a fire under his own ass and stop playing like such a pussy.

Booger was only getting $3MM per/yr.

You don't pay a back up QB $6.4MM IMO.

Also a possible great sign we draft a QB.

jd1020
02-15-2017, 12:27 PM
Also a possible great sign we draft a QB in the 5th round.

You left a little bit out.

pugsnotdrugs19
02-15-2017, 12:28 PM
Leap Houston in the 1st and snag Mahomes. We don't need 11 picks.

-King-
02-15-2017, 12:34 PM

Didn't you say the same last year?
Posted via Mobile Device

-King-
02-15-2017, 12:37 PM
The fucking starting job should be vacant. Instead we're stuck with a below mediocre 33 year old QB who has shown to be on the decline. Can't wait to watch him miss Hill 2 to 3 times a game next season.

Other than the age, you perfectly described Foles. It's just hilarious people are pining for a QB who's had one good season in his career.
Posted via Mobile Device

New World Order
02-15-2017, 12:38 PM
Here comes our QB!

By 'our qb' do you mean Bray?

RunKC
02-15-2017, 12:50 PM
Greg Rosenthal called Foles a "sneaky candidate" to start somewhere next season. I hope we get a comp pick for him.

bricks
02-15-2017, 12:59 PM
I'm perfectly fine with this if a rd 1/2 QB is preparing to take over in 2018. If not, Andy can go **** himself

Andy can go **** himself period bro. Period.

KINGPIN CHIEFS FAN
02-15-2017, 01:00 PM
Other than the age, you perfectly described Foles. It's just hilarious people are pining for a QB who's had one good season in his career.
Posted via Mobile Device

That's one more than Alex has ever had!

TigeRRUppeRRcut
02-15-2017, 01:04 PM

-Said the same dude.

Posted via Mobile Device

Exactly. Pest is an idiot.

Mr. Laz
02-15-2017, 01:39 PM
Good move, Foles has zero impact on whether or not we draft a QB.

No point in switching from Smith to Foles unless we were going to trade Smith to move up in the draft and keep Foles as cheaper competition for a rookie.

Since i have seen no indication whatsoever that Reid wants to draft a QB to really compete for the starting job, Foles leaving was the only move.

Hog's Gone Fishin
02-15-2017, 01:42 PM
Cuz were drafting a qb in the 4th rd!

Fixed

Hog's Gone Fishin
02-15-2017, 01:47 PM
Wonder if the Raiders will go after Foles. If they'd had a decent backup to Carr they may have won a playoff game. I believe they have bunches of cap money.

Mr. Laz
02-15-2017, 02:07 PM
Wonder if the Raiders will go after Foles. If they'd had a decent backup to Carr they may have won a playoff game. I believe they have bunches of cap money.

Raiders have 39 million in cap space but also have 18 free agents.

BigBeauford
02-15-2017, 02:34 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

Nearly as hilarious as people who pine for someone who had one good postseason game, and only lost because of a special teams player.

MMXcalibur
02-15-2017, 02:39 PM
Ma Homes

Ma Homies

MY HOMIES!

Titty Meat
02-15-2017, 02:48 PM

Make it Watson and I agree.

oldman
02-15-2017, 02:52 PM
I don't have any problems with this. What it does tell me is that Dorsey and crowd are preparing to draft a QB and have Bray be the #2 for this season. The problem is that there aren't a lot of true game-ready QBs out there. I wouldn't be a bit surprised to see us target Peterman from Pitt. That's a pro-style offense so the learning curve wouldn't be as great.

DJ's left nut
02-15-2017, 02:54 PM
Damn.

If that's really a $6.4 million option, the Chiefs would definitely be better served to pick it up, trade Alex for whatever and pursue the QB in the draft. Even if they don't get one, their fallback is still a bit of cap savings and Nick Foles.

That's pretty disappointing news.

keg in kc
02-15-2017, 02:55 PM
I love the whole "we're drafting a QB" optimism.

It just makes me wonder if any of you have been watching the last...oh, I don't know...35 years of this franchise.

Hootie
02-15-2017, 02:56 PM
Damn.

If that's really a $6.4 million option, the Chiefs would definitely be better served to pick it up, trade Alex for whatever and pursue the QB in the draft. Even if they don't get one, their fallback is still a bit of cap savings and Nick Foles.

That's pretty disappointing news.

First off, Alex has zero trade value. None.

Secondly, Foles is, without a doubt in my mind, a downgrade to Smith.

Third, fuck. I'm so tired of watching boring Alex Smith no risk football.

Fourth, can we please just not pick up Foles' option, sign or trade for Romo, cut Smith and draft a QB within the 1st 100 picks? Please? Please?

DJ's left nut
02-15-2017, 02:57 PM

It just makes me wonder if any of you have been watching the last...oh, I don't know...35 years of this franchise.

Oh we'll draft one.

In the 4th. Brad Kaaya seems like a perfectly stupid choice that will suck in the league but has just enough name value to get drafted/held.

Sandy Vagina
02-15-2017, 03:03 PM
I don't have any problems with this. What it does tell me is that Dorsey and crowd are preparing to draft a QB and have Bray be the #2 for this season. The problem is that there aren't a lot of true game-ready QBs out there. I wouldn't be a bit surprised to see us target Peterman from Pitt. That's a pro-style offense so the learning curve wouldn't be as great.

Yep. Peterman is THE quarterback that I expect Reid to be heavily targeting on day 2. A very Smithy-like option.. but much younger, of course.

Hootie
02-15-2017, 03:03 PM

Chaos theory.

What makes you think Andy Reid and John Dorsey aren't interested in QB's? Acquired Smith right off the bat, drafted Murray and Hogan, have tried for years to develop Bray, picked up Foles' off the scrap heat, signed Chase Daniel to a monster backup contract and probably parlay'd it into a comp pick ...

You can use 4 years of evidence with the regime to make your point ... not 35. I'm pretty sure Andy Reid and John Dorsey realize the importance of NFL QB's ... hopefully they can finally conclude Alex 'bore you to death' Smith is probably not the best QB to have to win playoff games that matter.

We'll see ... I'll hold out hope after the last 2 drafts. I mean, the last 2 drafts have been incredible. I don't think you draft a QB just to draft a QB ... I think you draft a QB you think fits your system and fits your beliefs. Truth be told, like the WWE, seems like the same old everybody's are the ones still winning everything.

Hootie
02-15-2017, 03:05 PM
Oh we'll draft one.

In the 4th. Brad Kaaya seems like a perfectly stupid choice that will suck in the league but has just enough name value to get drafted/held.

Seems like Mahomes is going to end up going top 5 if I were to guess ...

we really need to just go ahead and get Romo

or, and blah blah blah (chaos theory, again) ... trade our 1st for Jimmy G and see what happens

Polian was on the radio the other day saying he thought a late 1st for Jimmy G was probably pretty fair - said Watson was close to being ready to playing now, but the other 2 were worlds away

I'd rather just get Romo and draft a guy within the first 100 if he fits what Reid likes in a QB

ct
02-15-2017, 03:06 PM
anyone thinking foles is equivalent talent to smith is kidding themselves, he's not

this was always the plan, short term backup, no way they would pick up that yr2 option, he's a fa. if he happens to land a nice gig, we get a comp pick.

draft mahomes and let's move on

Rasputin
02-15-2017, 03:07 PM
First off, Alex has zero trade value. None.

Secondly, Foles is, without a doubt in my mind, a downgrade to Smith.

Third, fuck. I'm so tired of watching boring Alex Smith no risk football.

Fourth, can we please just not pick up Foles' option, sign or trade for Romo, cut Smith and draft a QB within the 1st 100 picks? Please? Please?

You don't want to hear this Hootie but the sooner you accept reality in what it is the sooner you can come to grips the Chiefs are not going pursue Tony Romo no matter how much of a good idea it is. They are going shove Alex Smith down our throats one more season and if we are lucky draft a quarterback to take his place if/when Alex fails or get's hurt. They will go until we are mathematically out of playoff equation before they decide to move on from Alex Smith.

Sad but true

It's about ego and it is no different than when Pioli shoved Matt Cassell down our throats.

ct
02-15-2017, 03:07 PM
Seems like Mahomes is going to end up going top 5 if I were to guess ...

we really need to just go ahead and get Romo

or, and blah blah blah (chaos theory, again) ... trade our 1st for Jimmy G and see what happens

Polian was on the radio the other day saying he thought a late 1st for Jimmy G was probably pretty fair - said Watson was close to being ready to playing now, but the other 2 were worlds away

I'd rather just get Romo and draft a guy within the first 100 if he fits what Reid likes in a QB

top5? highly doubt it

Hootie
02-15-2017, 03:11 PM
top5? highly doubt it

hope so - we'll see

sounds like he's gaining steam

Hootie
02-15-2017, 03:12 PM
I mean ... Alex Smith bores me but it's not like 'shoving him down our throats' another year is going to pain me at all. We won 12 games and 52 in 4 years with him with a playoff game. Whatever.

I'm an offense guy who likes to see non pussy QB play ... so, in that regard, I'll continue to be bored out of my god damn mind certain games ... but it's not like we're Cleveland.

Probably going to win at least 10 next year even with Alex Smith at QB

Eleazar
02-15-2017, 03:14 PM
He made it pretty clear he was washed up, except for a moment or two. Good decision

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-15-2017, 04:55 PM

Too much "flash" and "sizzle" in a move like that for KC. Besides, a bold move like that could possibly undermine the confidence of the Chiefs' current, pro bowl quality QB.

SAGA45
02-15-2017, 05:12 PM

Wouldn't be that bad considering the 2018 QB class is worlds better than '17

The Franchise
02-15-2017, 05:13 PM
Wouldn't be that bad considering the 2018 QB class is worlds better than '17

7-9 isn't going to get you a top QB.

SAGA45
02-15-2017, 05:15 PM

In a QB class like '18 it will

DJ's left nut
02-15-2017, 05:16 PM

No but it places you in the 15 range and in a much deeper draft. In other words, you'd have the firepower to get into the top 10 pretty easily and the caliber of QB sitting there at 10 could easily be substantially better.

But that requires something other than the "Pray Doesn't Turtle Again" plan and obviously that's not the route we're going at this point.

Definition of insanity at this point. We know exactly what he is and yet seem to believe that bringing him back to a team that's probably going to tread water around him is going to change the ultimate outcome.

HemiEd
02-15-2017, 05:24 PM

**** you, Alex Smith.

He actually led some receivers and hit them in stride.

Buehler445
02-15-2017, 05:56 PM

Fuck you, Alex Smith.

I've said it 100 times. Foles is not good on the short stuff. Maybe he can toss it deep well enough that it will even out. But Smith is better on the short stuff and you know how Andy likes the short stuff.

So to say Foles can do what smith does is not accurate IMO.

BossChief
02-15-2017, 06:00 PM
Foles wasn't the answer, either.

If this team is going to win a Super Bowl, they need to draft the future QB so there's a window of longer than a handful of years and give us fans some excitement again.

bsroyals54
02-15-2017, 06:07 PM

who the cocksuck cares about the regular season. Win a goddamn playoff game thats not vs the fucking Texans for shitting out loud.

-King-
02-15-2017, 06:11 PM
He actually led some receivers and hit them in stride.

Who Foles? Are we forgetting the deep pass to Hill in the colts game? Hill had to stand still and set up camp waiting for the ball to come down.
Posted via Mobile Device

bsroyals54
02-15-2017, 06:18 PM
Who Foles? Are we forgetting the deep pass to Hill in the colts game? Hill had to stand still and set up camp waiting for the ball to come down.
Posted via Mobile Device

He would of had to of thrown the ball 80 yards, come on now.

King_Chief_Fan
02-15-2017, 06:20 PM
:clap: nice...now lets find a good qb.

RippedmyFlesh
02-15-2017, 06:25 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

As much as I dislike reid's love for alex his love of foles was worse to me because he's younger.

oldman
02-15-2017, 06:36 PM
who the cocksuck cares about the regular season. Win a goddamn playoff game thats not vs the ****ing Texans for shitting out loud.

Uuuuuhhhhh, you have to win regular season games to get into the playoffs. One thing I hadn't thought about until a little while ago is that Bray's contract only runs through next year.

mdchiefsfan
02-15-2017, 06:55 PM
Romo will be our backup, and CP dies just a little more inside.

Face it, we are destined to run this cycle for the rest of our lives. Cheer for the backup QB.

Welcome to your purgatory, CP.

Buehler445
02-15-2017, 06:57 PM
Romo will be our backup, and CP dies just a little more inside.

I'd be done.

mdchiefsfan
02-15-2017, 06:59 PM
I'd be done.

ROFL That is why it will happen, and no... you won't.

You'll want to, but you'll be sitting there, hoping Reid pulls the rip cord. Same show; different actors.

bsroyals54
02-15-2017, 07:04 PM
Uuuuuhhhhh, you have to win regular season games to get into the playoffs. One thing I hadn't thought about until a little while ago is that Bray's contract only runs through next year.

9-7 is the same as 16-0 if you win the superbowl

Chief Roundup
02-15-2017, 07:07 PM
You all are fooling yourself if you think we will even sniff at Romo. Smith is our starting QB and we will draft one mid round and one late round QB for camp and PS.

oldman
02-15-2017, 07:45 PM
9-7 is the same as 16-0 if you win the superbowl

The point here is that 16-0 is going to get you into the playoffs, 9-7 probably isn't.

bsroyals54
02-15-2017, 08:05 PM
The point here is that 16-0 is going to get you into the playoffs, 9-7 probably isn't.

The point also being its a lot easier to "just get by" and win enough regular season games to get a decent playoff spot, which is what the chiefs organization is basically implementing. The odds of winning a superbowl are quite low given what can happen during the regular season. But if the QB is healthy, the team has a fighting chance. Case and point, the GOAT, Tom Brady. The Chiefs could get the ball rolling and get a QB who can locate long distance targets and execute the pass w/o always taking the easy way out like Alex Smith does. Look at which QB's have the most playoff success and you'll find out that they shit on Alex Smith on their worst day.

Chief Northman
02-15-2017, 09:03 PM
You all are fooling yourself if you think we will even sniff at Romo. Smith is our starting QB and we will draft one mid round and one late round QB for camp and PS.

Denver already has dibs on him.

It is foretold in the stars. The next great storyline in the NFL:
"Romo gets his revenge/Master Tony vs. up and coming Dak/Did Jerry make the right call?...../ blah blah blah

Ain't no god damned way Denver gets to a Superbowl with Skittles Siemien at the helm. They need a name and a face. Peyton gone, so why not Romo?

So predictable and depressing.

Meanwhile in KC the narrative that "Smith just wins" will continue.

Easy 6
02-15-2017, 09:10 PM

I feel your pain, its gonna be another wasted year

One passing touchdown per game, almost! :clap:

Hammock Parties
02-15-2017, 09:18 PM
Well at least we dodged that bullet.

I was going to be incensed if Foles was "Plan B" in 2018,

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-15-2017, 09:54 PM
KC Chiefs:

Wasting the careers of great players with shitty, shitty QB's.

What a wonderful tradition.

Jim Raynor
02-15-2017, 10:04 PM
KC Chiefs:

<marquee direction="down">:cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss:</marquee>

Red Dawg
02-15-2017, 10:08 PM
KC Chiefs:

So true. Maybe the most truthful statement in CP history.

Jim Raynor
02-15-2017, 10:11 PM
So true. Maybe the most truthful statement in CP history.

<marquee direction="right">PBJPBJPBJPBJPBJPBJPBJPBJPBJPBJ</marquee>

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-15-2017, 10:25 PM

Your new sig is quite brilliant.

A+++++

Hammock Parties
02-15-2017, 10:38 PM
Your new sig is quite brilliant.

A+++++

I shit greatness, but thank you for the nod.

MotherfuckerJones
02-15-2017, 11:05 PM
Oh god. Clay's back I see.

Chief Northman
02-16-2017, 12:15 AM
I shit greatness, but thank you for the nod.

Were you trying to type "grape nuts"?

Chief Northman
02-16-2017, 12:16 AM
KC Chiefs:

Shorten that up a bit and you may have a popular bumper sticker there...

TribalElder
02-16-2017, 01:01 AM
Didn't foles have 5 touchdowns in a game or something

TribalElder
02-16-2017, 01:01 AM
Oh, 7
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000275764/article/nick-foles-ties-nfl-record-with-7-td-passes-eagles-win

bsroyals54
02-16-2017, 02:04 AM
Oh, 7
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000275764/article/nick-foles-ties-nfl-record-with-7-td-passes-eagles-win

but smith had 3 TD in a game a couple times like 4 years ago right??? hes a legend!!!!

-King-
02-16-2017, 04:04 AM
but smith had 3 TD in a game a couple times like 4 years ago right??? hes a legend!!!!

Has anyone said anything like that? Or are you having an argument with yourself?
Posted via Mobile Device

rabblerouser
02-16-2017, 07:22 AM

Isn't that what always happens the season after we go one and done with a first round bye?

BossChief
02-16-2017, 08:14 AM

Same.

I'm completely thrilled that the team is making the preliminary moves to do the right thing and draft a QB to groom to be the starter.

I completely understand that I'm setting myself up for another letdown, but that's ok.

Some healthy advice for most Chiefs fans:

Look at this move as a sign that the coaches think Bray is ready to be the backup and didn't see a ton of difference between him and Foles and that's why this move is being made.

Don't set yourself up thinking KC is going to draft a QB.

Avoid the pain.

Some team will trade up to 26 and take whatever QB you hope we will draft.

Prepare for that.

Buehler445
02-16-2017, 08:17 AM
Same.

I'm completely thrilled that the team is making the preliminary moves to do the right thing and draft a QB to groom to be the starter.

I completely understand that I'm setting myself up for another letdown, but that's ok.

Look at this move as a sign that the coaches think Bray is ready to be the backup and didn't see a ton of difference between him and Foles and that's why this move is being made.

Avoid the pain.

Prepare for that.

I'm ready.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
02-16-2017, 08:19 AM
<marquee direction="right">:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:</marquee>

TigeRRUppeRRcut
02-16-2017, 08:20 AM
Same.

Avoid the pain.

Prepare for that.
I'm sure this franchise is agonizing over Denver moving up to draft Paxton...

Hootie
02-16-2017, 08:28 AM
Has anyone said anything like that? Or are you having an argument with yourself?
Posted via Mobile Device

dude is insufferable

BossChief
02-16-2017, 08:31 AM
I'm sure this franchise is agonizing Denver moving up to draft Paxton...

It's stupid fans like you that will make it hard for any drafted QB in KC.

There is no other way to say this than "you are a stupid fan".

I'd be PERFECTLY FINE with how Lynch performed as a rookie and would be excited to see his improvement going into the second and third years.

I can already tell that if KC drafts a QB, it's going to be stupid fans like you slamming him at every turn and probably bringing up Alex Smith at every opportunity with cries of "Alex wouldn't have thrown that pick"

Go drink some antifreeze and jump in a fire.

Red Dawg
02-16-2017, 08:33 AM
Foles is better than Smith and Bray probably is as well. We know this much, Smith is crap and can't get the offense in the end zone. His pathetic 15 td's could easily be done by Foles or Bray.

Like other GMs and other coaches from our past we stick with crap for some crazy reason. We have no chance this coming season. The defense can't g t 30 players s turnovers again.

Hootie
02-16-2017, 08:37 AM
Chiefs have won (and forgive me if I'm wrong here) ... 11, 9, 11 and 12 games with Smith at QB since Andy Reid became head coach and Tuckdaddy is here to tell us we 'have no chance' because the defense can't get 30 turnovers again.

As a lurker of the board during the Chiefs season ... Tuckdaddy was often ignored because of how dumb he is, but good God he's a moron.

Yeah, I'm sure Tyler Bray would give us a better chance to win playoff games LMAO

Smith bores me just as much as anyone else but for a board so obsessed with the simple notion that 'you can't win without a QB' - someone is going to have to explain to me 4 winning seasons in 4 years. You can't speak in absolutes only to have your absolutes be proven wrong every single year.

You all act like we're enduring Cleveland like pain over here with Alex Smith and we're refusing to move on.

Easy 6
02-16-2017, 08:45 AM
Chiefs have won (and forgive me if I'm wrong here) ... 11, 9, 11 and 12 games with Smith at QB since Andy Reid became head coach and Tuckdaddy is here to tell us we 'have no chance' because the defense can't get 30 turnovers again.

As a lurker of the board during the Chiefs season ... Tuckdaddy was often ignored because of how dumb he is, but good God he's a moron.

Yeah, I'm sure Tyler Bray would give us a better chance to win playoff games LMAO

Smith bores me just as much as anyone else but for a board so obsessed with the simple notion that 'you can't win without a QB' - someone is going to have to explain to me 4 winning seasons in 4 years. You can't speak in absolutes only to have your absolutes be proven wrong every single year.

You all act like we're enduring Cleveland like pain over here with Alex Smith and we're refusing to move on.

Sorry, but most of us are over the winning seasons, its time to take the next step... Smith is going to falter 9 times out of 10 against top defenses in the playoffs

His mental and physical makeup ensures it, if you havent seen enough to understand that by now... then you never will

King_Chief_Fan
02-16-2017, 08:55 AM
Foles is better than Smith and Bray probably is as well. We know this much, Smith is crap and can't get the offense in the end zone. His pathetic 15 td's could easily be done by Foles or Bray.

Like other GMs and other coaches from our past we stick with crap for some crazy reason. We have no chance this coming season. The defense can't g t 30 players s turnovers again.

ROFL

King_Chief_Fan
02-16-2017, 08:59 AM

that is the best hope

Chiefnj2
02-16-2017, 09:09 AM
I love the off season QB pining that goes on every year with KC fans.

Andy loves him some Alex. Takes the heat off of his asinine playcalling/time management issues. As long as Smith and a dominant defense can get Andy 9+ wins a year he is going to ride that train as long as he can. Woo hoo, get on board the 1andDone express.

RunKC
02-16-2017, 09:10 AM
Sorry, but most of us are over the winning seasons, its time to take the next step... Smith is going to falter 9 times out of 10 against top defenses in the playoffs

His mental and physical makeup ensures it, if you havent seen enough to understand that by now... then you never will

The only real difference between the Chiefs and Browns is a Brian Hoyer playoff win.

You are right. Nobody gives two fucks about regular season achievements anymore

Eleazar
02-16-2017, 09:23 AM
There are people here who think Bray is better than Smith.

An undrafted free agent who after four years has never managed to earn himself a snap in the NFL.

Just think about that.

ARROW2
02-16-2017, 09:48 AM

An undrafted free agent who after four years has never managed to earn himself a snap in the NFL.

Just think about that.

It is what it is. Smith sucks. He leaves too many points on the field and that is not going to change.

In58men
02-16-2017, 09:51 AM

Just think about that.

I'm pretty sure Bray could have checked down to Charles. That's all Smith did in his first 3 years here.

Warrick
02-16-2017, 10:00 AM

An undrafted free agent who after four years has never managed to earn himself a snap
Just think about that.

Just Alex Smith haters rambling on about how butt hurt they still are over the Steeler loss, some of them have been predicting 7-9 or 8-8 since he arrived. Even tho, Alex is only behind Brady and Rodgers for the most wins in the NFL since 2011. If they really want to end up with a 7-9 record then start Bray day 1 lol.

Easy 6
02-16-2017, 10:07 AM
The only real difference between the Chiefs and Browns is a Brian Hoyer playoff win.

You are right. Nobody gives two ****s about regular season achievements anymore

There are still a few turdburgers around who are smitten with regular season "glory"...

Just Alex Smith haters rambling on about how butt hurt they still are over the Steeler loss, some of them have been predicting 7-9 or 8-8 since he arrived. Even tho, Alex is only behind Brady and Rodgers for the most wins in the NFL since 2011. If they really want to end up with a 7-9 record then start Bray day 1 lol.

The Franchise
02-16-2017, 10:08 AM
Well...looks like I'm back on that ACL wagon again.

Eleazar
02-16-2017, 10:10 AM
It is what it is. Smith sucks. He leaves too many points on the field and that is not going to change.

Thinking we should move on from Smith because he's Just A Guy and not a Super Bowl QB is one thing.

Being so delusional that you say Tyler Bray is better just shows you have no connection to reality.

Eleazar
02-16-2017, 10:13 AM
I'm pretty sure Bray could have checked down to Charles. That's all Smith did in his first 3 years here.

During Alex Smith's first 3 seasons in Kansas City, 85% of his completions went to a player not named Charles.

Eleazar
02-16-2017, 10:15 AM

There is principled, intelligent reasoned opposition to Smith - and then there is high school dropout, 810 caller, busch-light yokel style bleating, which serves no purpose but to illustrate that the speaker is someone you can merrily disregard.

The Franchise
02-16-2017, 10:18 AM
Alex Smith.....regular season champion.

Warrick
02-16-2017, 10:20 AM
There are still a few turdburgers around who are smitten with regular season "glory"...

I'm all for finding Alex's replacement high in the draft, but Bray isn't the answer. The difference is I don't cry like the Alex Smith haters, and I could give a f*ck less if he leaves unlike Smith lovers... all I want is a better qb! Some of you ungrateful posters forget what it's like to be in the cellar as well, so for that I'm appreciative of what Alex brings to the table.

Easy 6
02-16-2017, 10:26 AM
I'm all for finding Alex's replacement high in the draft, but Bray isn't the answer. The difference is I don't cry like the Alex Smith haters, and I could give a **** less if he leaves unlike Smith lovers... all I want is a better qb! Some of you ungrateful posters forget what it's like to be in the cellar as well, so for that I'm appreciative of what Alex brings to the table.

1) I have not claimed Bray is the answer at #1

2) Having been a fan since 1981, I have not forgotten what cellar dwelling feels like

3) Consistent winning seasons are good medicine for a club in the doldrums like we were, but that is no excuse to stand pat with the guy who helped us get there... when, 4 years later, it has become painfully clear that he has maxed out

Warrick
02-16-2017, 10:27 AM
When was the last time a qb other than Alex Smith swept our divison rivals?

The Franchise
02-16-2017, 10:29 AM
Some of you 49er/Alex Smith fan boys are fucking dumb as shit.

1. I could count on both of my hands the number of posters on here calling for Bray to start over Smith.

2. Most people were fine with Smith coming in as a stop gap and bringing the team back to a winning tradition.

3. He's obviously in decline and should have been gone before this last season. 15 TDs and two game changing INTs are not worth $17 million.

Warrick
02-16-2017, 10:30 AM
1) I have not claimed Bray is the answer at #1

2) Having been a fan since 1981, I have not forgotten what cellar dwelling feels like

3) Consistent winning seasons are good medicine for a club in the doldrums like we were, but that is no excuse to stand pat with the guy who helped us get there... when, 4 years later, it has become painfully clear that he has maxed out

I didn't say that you said anything... anything of substance!

Easy 6
02-16-2017, 10:31 AM
When was the last time a qb other than Alex Smith swept our divison rivals?

He played a role in it, but dont go putting it on his shoulders... he rode one of the most opportunistic defenses of modern times

He tossed just under 1 touchdown a game this year, that ****ing sucks no matter how you spin it around

The Franchise
02-16-2017, 10:32 AM
Literally the only game that I can put on Alex.....was Week 1 vs. the Chargers. He won that game. Unfortunately he also shit the fucking bed for the first 3 quarters.

Hootie
02-16-2017, 10:57 AM

Ok ...

Sure.

But drafting QB's just to draft QB's is a recipe for failure.

The same guys are winning every single year. You can't just draft a guy 1st overall (Jared Goff) and expect Aaron Rodgers and 17 years of being the New England Patriots.

Tired of the complaining. We have Reid and Dorsey and it seems like they are loading up the roster with talent. Getting QB's isn't as easy as snapping your fingers and praying we draft someone 27th overall who will Tom Brady us to 2 decades of parades.

"BUT WE HAVE TO TRY!"

Shut UP we get it. Jesus.

Hootie
02-16-2017, 10:58 AM
(which is why we should sell out for Romo - but the majority of this board is so bad at judging what an actual good QB is they think Romo sucks, too)

It's like Rodgers or bust around here.

ModSocks
02-16-2017, 11:10 AM
This just opens the door to bring in Romo....

No point in having Foles as your back up when you have the perfect backup QB on the roster: Alex Smith.

Ok, j/k. But seriously though, i don't see what Foles does that Bray couldn't do.

If we need a guy to carelessly throw into traffic, Bray can do that. Strong arm? Bray has that. Hold a clipboard? Bray can do it with the best of 'em.

Easy 6
02-16-2017, 11:28 AM
Ok ...

Sure.

But drafting QB's just to draft QB's is a recipe for failure.

The same guys are winning every single year. You can't just draft a guy 1st overall (Jared Goff) and expect Aaron Rodgers and 17 years of being the New England Patriots.

Tired of the complaining. We have Reid and Dorsey and it seems like they are loading up the roster with talent. Getting QB's isn't as easy as snapping your fingers and praying we draft someone 27th overall who will Tom Brady us to 2 decades of parades.

"BUT WE HAVE TO TRY!"

Shut UP we get it. Jesus.

Go ahead and dredge up my posts saying "draft a QB any damn QB I dont care who"

Gonna be here off and on all day, so we'll see what you can come up with

Yes, I like our one-two punch at GM/HC

Dorsey has been outstanding, he continues to shop very very well

Guarantee I'll like Reid a helluva lot more once he ditches Smiff as well, he certainly has warts but his schemes work, he gets receivers open

O.city
02-16-2017, 11:32 AM
Romo said he can play for 2 or 3 more years. Sign me up for that

Hootie
02-16-2017, 11:34 AM
I'm just saying, like I told the drafturbators years ago ...

if it was as simple as drafting a QB early to find a franchise QB ... I mean, all 32 teams would have a franchise QB.

It's hard to win 12 games in the NFL. It's hard to have 4 straight winning seasons. We have lost playoff games to Andrew Luck, Tom Brady and Ben Roethlisberger during the Reid tenure.

I'd love 1 of those 3 guys to be available to replace Smith with ... but in the mean time, the idea of winning 1 game being better than winning 12 in case we might be able to draft Jared Goff 1 time ... seems pretty fucking stupid to me.

These guys are paid to win football games and there hasn't been 1 clear instance where the passed on any sort of QB that anyone knew was going to be a sure thing. Derek Carr looks like he might end up being a good QB but no one actually knows that. And he was a 2nd round pick - so you can't just sit there and say, "omg! Carr! Wilson!" and cherry pick the exceptions when there are dozens of rules that don't work out.

Nothing I've seen in 4 years of Reid/Dorsey suggests to me that they don't want a good NFL QB. Alex Smith bores the living fuck out of me and I'd love to see a different guy behind center but I'll maintain being rational in the mean time.

The Franchise
02-16-2017, 11:34 AM
ESPN's Ed Werder reports Tony Romo expects to be released.

That is instead of being traded. The Cowboys will certainly attempt to find a trading partner, but it does not make much sense for anyone to trade for a soon-to-be-37 quarterback who has played five games in the last two seasons with most of that missed time due to injury. If the Cowboys want to do right by Romo, it also makes the most sense to let him pick his next destination, although he will certainly have some say in trade negotiations as well. As for his future, Werder reports Romo believes he can play two-to-three more seasons.

Hootie
02-16-2017, 11:35 AM
Romo is a no-brainer. Unfortunately, this has Denver written all over it.

Easy 6
02-16-2017, 12:13 PM
Romo is a no-brainer. Unfortunately, this has Denver written all over it.

If Dorsey goes after him and fails, it will only be because Romo, like Manning, wants a glamour team to ride into the sunset on... he would probably even take less from Elway to go there

RunKC
02-16-2017, 12:16 PM
So tired of the excuses being made about drafting a QB. "Uh well it's hard to do and uh if it was easy everyone would have one."

Bullshit.

More and more teams have good, young, quality QB's that we could have bad. Brees, Wilson, Dalton, Carr, Dak. Year after year after year.
So we not have QB "gurus" on staff?

FFS it's time to actually try. No more sitting there with your dick in your hand

Chiefnj2
02-16-2017, 12:18 PM
Romo can't even have a decent bowel movement without getting injured.

ModSocks
02-16-2017, 12:36 PM
If Dorsey goes after him and fails, it will only be because Romo, like Manning, wants a glamour team to ride into the sunset on... he would probably even take less from Elway to go there

Romo has stated that he'd like to play for the Chiefs.

If the Donks are a glamour team, then so are the Chiefs. We have household names all over our defense and offense and coaching staff.

raybec 4
02-16-2017, 12:36 PM

I don't see anything to substantiate that. I wouldn't be opposed to picking up Romo, but we would need a future plan too.

The Franchise
02-16-2017, 12:41 PM
1. Trade Smith to the Texans.
2. Sign Romo.
3. Draft Mahomes, Kizer or Watson.

Easy 6
02-16-2017, 12:46 PM
Romo has stated that he'd like to play for the Chiefs.

If the Donks are a glamour team, then so are the Chiefs. We have household names all over our defense and offense and coaching staff.

I've seen nothing about Romo talking KC, but I do know Denver was the very first team he mentioned as a destination... we do have some good names, but its not the same as those guys and you know that

They've got the more recent super bowl history, the bigger market, more love from the NFL and sports media etc etc etc... its the more "glamorous" destination for players into that kinda thing

I don't see anything to substantiate that. I wouldn't be opposed to picking up Romo, but we would need a future plan too.

Totally agree about needing a plan, because he surely wouldnt last long here

And while I certainly wouldnt have a crying fit if we signed him... I believe that Foles with a full offseason and camp under Reid would be just as good at this point in their respective careers

TigeRRUppeRRcut
02-16-2017, 12:47 PM

Just think about that.

Facts

Reerun_KC
02-16-2017, 01:02 PM
1-3....

Cant dispute FACTS....

ModSocks
02-16-2017, 01:04 PM
I've seen nothing about Romo talking KC, but I do know Denver was the very first team he mentioned as a destination... we do have some good names, but its not the same as those guys and you know that

They've got the more recent super bowl history, the bigger market, more love from the NFL and sports media etc etc etc... its the more "glamorous" destination for players into that kinda thing

He directly stated that he wanted to play for a contender. He specifically mentioned KC, Houston, Denver and a 4th team who's name escapes me.

ARROW2
02-16-2017, 01:10 PM
Thinking we should move on from Smith because he's Just A Guy and not a Super Bowl QB is one thing.

Being so delusional that you say Tyler Bray is better just shows you have no connection to reality.

Can we at least find out? If you really think there was a "competition" in camp for Smith's job, you are seriously naïve. I know this, his arm is MUCH better and I don't think he will miss Tyreek open down field 4 times a game either. I know that much. But stick to Smiff, you get what you deserve. I have seen enough.

Easy 6
02-16-2017, 01:15 PM
He directly stated that he wanted to play for a contender. He specifically mentioned KC, Houston, Denver and a 4th team who's name escapes me.

I believe you, just havent seen him mention KC... but I still firmly believe we would have to outbid Denver for his services

Coogs
02-16-2017, 01:22 PM
http://www.abc15.com/sports/sports-blogs-local/report-arizona-cardinals-among-preferred-teams-for-cowboys-qb-tony-romo

It is mentioned in here.

The Franchise
02-16-2017, 01:25 PM
I believe you, just havent seen him mention KC... but I still firmly believe we would have to outbid Denver for his services

Denver would be dumb to sign him, IMO. They need to invest HEAVILY in their offensive line this season. They literally need to replace everything except their center. They'd be smart to roll with Sieman and fill their offensive line. He looked decent enough with those weapons.

raybec 4
02-16-2017, 02:29 PM
He'd take 50 sacks behind Denver's turnstile line. I don't see that happening.

Easy 6
02-16-2017, 02:34 PM
Denver would be dumb to sign him, IMO. They need to invest HEAVILY in their offensive line this season. They literally need to replace everything except their center. They'd be smart to roll with Sieman and fill their offensive line. He looked decent enough with those weapons.

I think you're probably right about that, but Elways ego is going to make him want Romo IMO

Hootie
02-16-2017, 02:36 PM
1-3....

Cant dispute FACTS....

what's Cleveland's postseason record in the past 4 years?

Better yet, what is everyone's postseason record that doesn't include a team with Peyton, Tom, Aaron, Ben, or Russell?

Reerun_KC
02-16-2017, 02:39 PM
what's Cleveland's postseason record in the past 4 years?

Better yet, what is everyone's postseason record that doesn't include a team with Peyton, Tom, Aaron, Ben, or Russell?

I love that were are always compared to the bottom franchises.

Hootie
02-16-2017, 02:41 PM
I love that we always compare our QB situations to Green Bay's ...

someone please point me in the direction of the franchise QB tree and I'll hop on the bandwagon for 1 of those right with you guys

the truth of the matter is ... we play in the AFC ... and the AFC has been won by Brady, Manning or Roethlisberger every year for 2 decades now sans a couple of lucky Flacco's or Dilfer's

...12 other teams are in the same spot as we are in the AFC

you have to be incredibly lucky to find 1 of these QB's that CP is so desperate to get ... I can only think of 3 in the last decade (Rodgers, Wilson, Luck) ... the other guys are a bunch of jags.

Reerun_KC
02-16-2017, 02:45 PM
I love that we always compare our QB situations to Green Bay's ...

someone please point me in the direction of the franchise QB tree and I'll hop on the bandwagon for 1 of those right with you guys

the truth of the matter is ... we play in the AFC ... and the AFC has been won by Brady, Manning or Roethlisberger every year for 2 decades now sans a couple of lucky Flacco's or Dilfer's

...12 other teams are in the same spot as we are in the AFC

you have to be incredibly lucky to find 1 of these QB's that CP is so desperate to get ... I can only think of 3 in the last decade (Rodgers, Wilson, Luck) ... the other guys are a bunch of jags.

We don't even have a JAG.... But if you want to win you have to at least try,. We don't try.

-King-
02-16-2017, 02:51 PM

You are right. Nobody gives two fucks about regular season achievements anymore
This is how you get your football opinions ignored. If you think that's the only difference between the chiefs and the browns, then yeah, I'm done taking any of your football opinions seriously.
Posted via Mobile Device

Hootie
02-16-2017, 02:51 PM
We don't even have a JAG.... But if you want to win you have to at least try,. We don't try.

There are 7 QB's in the NFL who can win a Super Bowl.

Tops.

It's not as easy as bitching about it on a message board. Jared Goff cost the Rams 2 drafts. Yay!

RunKC
02-16-2017, 02:53 PM
Derek Carr a JAG? JFC Hootie

Deberg_1990
02-16-2017, 02:55 PM
So Foles to the Cowboys to back up Dak?

Titty Meat
02-16-2017, 02:56 PM
Derek Carr a JAG. JFC Hootie

Um no he was a legit MVP candidate

RunKC
02-16-2017, 02:57 PM
This is how you get your football opinions ignored. If you think that's the only difference between the chiefs and the browns, then yeah, I'm done taking any of your football opinions seriously.
Posted via Mobile Device

Please enlighten us on meaningful accomplishments the Chiefs have done that the Browns haven't.

Let's see:

-win a playoff game over Brian Hoyer
-regular season moral victories

Yay

RunKC
02-16-2017, 02:57 PM
Um no he was a legit MVP candidate

Hootie said he's a JAG not me. I think he's legit

-King-
02-16-2017, 03:00 PM
Please enlighten us on meaningful accomplishments the Chiefs have done that the Browns haven't.

Let's see:

Yay
I'm sure most if not all football fans would rather be 12-4 than 1-15.

I mean...What the fuck are we fucking arguing?
Posted via Mobile Device

Reerun_KC
02-16-2017, 03:04 PM

Tops.

It's not as easy as bitching about it on a message board. Jared Goff cost the Rams 2 drafts. Yay!

And? We don't have one. So we better get to work to find one.

-King-
02-16-2017, 03:06 PM
The fact that we're 4 years into a regime and 4 years removed from going 23-41 and we're complaining about championship success is amazing.
Posted via Mobile Device

The Franchise
02-16-2017, 03:13 PM
The fact that we're 4 years into a regime and 4 years removed from going 23-41 and we're complaining about championship success is amazing.
Posted via Mobile Device

Complaining about championship success?

I'm glad they got a QB that made the roster stable and brought us back into a winning culture. Unfortunately that QB is not able to get us over the hump. It's time to move the fuck on from his 15 TDs a season.

-King-
02-16-2017, 03:19 PM

I'm glad they got a QB that made the roster stable and brought us back into a winning culture. Unfortunately that QB is not able to get us over the hump. It's time to move the fuck on from his 15 TDs a season.

I don't and have never disagreed. I just don't want to replace Smith with Foles. That's a downgrade to me and a push at best. I don't necessarily want Romo because of the significant injury risk but I would much rather take that risk than have Foles be our QB next season.
Posted via Mobile Device

Reerun_KC
02-16-2017, 03:25 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

Championship? In what? The Royal's?

Chiefnj2
02-16-2017, 03:30 PM

Tops.

Brady, Rothlisberger, Flacco, Wilson, Rodgers, Manning, Brees - all have a ring(s).

You don't think any other QB can win a Super Bowl?

Titty Meat
02-16-2017, 03:36 PM

I'm glad they got a QB that made the roster stable and brought us back into a winning culture. Unfortunately that QB is not able to get us over the hump. It's time to move the **** on from his 15 TDs a season.

Yup. What folks like King don't realize is the window for most teams is only so long.

Hootie
02-16-2017, 03:42 PM
I'm not sold on Carr yet ... He is terrible under pressure and he had an elite line that kept that from being an issue. You can't always have an elite line. I'm still in wait and see with DC. If he proves me wrong, good for him. Start by actually beating Alex Smith once in the past 2 years ......

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Discuss Thrower
02-16-2017, 04:23 PM

Let's see:

Yay

Funny how pointing this out a few months ago was heresy.

RealSNR
02-16-2017, 04:33 PM
And? We don't have one. So we better get to work to find one.

Aw! But I was having so much fun drafting game manager ceiling QBs in the 5th round and then never giving them a chance to develop because it might hurt our sweet boo Alex's wittle feewings

Sandy Vagina
02-16-2017, 04:41 PM
1-3....

Cant dispute FACTS....

let's ask Jamaal Charles and Justin Houston what they think about your facts...

http://www.icrewz.com/wp-content/files/Multi-Media-News-Reporter.jpg

schmuck.

NJChiefsFan
02-16-2017, 05:42 PM

schmuck.

I feel like I am missing your point. Are you saying those numbers would be different if it weren't for injuries?

-King-
02-16-2017, 05:56 PM
Yup. What folks like King don't realize is the window for most teams is only so long.

Chiefs are one of the youngest teams in the league.
Posted via Mobile Device

-King-
02-16-2017, 06:02 PM
Brady, Rothlisberger, Flacco, Wilson, Rodgers, Manning, Brees - all have a ring(s).

You don't think any other QB can win a Super Bowl?

I think at least 12 QBs can win Superbowls. It's just a matter of who and when you play teams in the playoffs. Other than Brady it's not like those other elite QBs are just winning playoff games left and right. And despite what the CP narratives are, those same elite QBs need help getting there too. Hell to be honest, Ben Roethlisberger is a below average playoff QB. He won a Superbowl in which he completed NINE passes! NINE!
Posted via Mobile Device

pugsnotdrugs19
02-16-2017, 06:15 PM
I cannot stand the theory that the Chiefs 'window is closing'. Why? Because Hali and DJ are old? Did we not draft Kelce, Peters, Hill, Jones, Ford, etc in the past few years?

If you continue to draft well, the window does not close. Now, if you don't get that whole QB part figured out though, it may never truly be 'open'...

MotherfuckerJones
02-16-2017, 06:21 PM
KC's windows is NOT closing. It's open as long as we keep adding good young talent around our core of Kelce, Hill, Peters, Jones, etc. Lots of good young players on this team. Healthy Houston hopefully makes this defense so much better. I'm ok with losing Poe and using that money for Berry. We have a good OL and DL. Need to keep adding and now we need to draft our QBoTF so he can grow with the offense. It's been 4 years and no QB is being groomed behind Smith. That was my fucking fear with bringing him here and why this organization is fucked because now Indy w/ Ballard at the helm is back. Oakland will be better than KC next season. As long as KC keeps ignoring the real problem, this team is going no where.

Titty Meat
02-16-2017, 06:53 PM
When I said window closing I wasn't talking specifically about age. Reid has been here 4 years if they roll with Smith for another year or 2 that puts him at 5-6 years with the franchise. How many coaches win their first super bowl after being with a team that long? Not many. Weve been lucky we have guys who can win 11 games on a consistent basis but eventually that ends unless you're the Patriots or Steelers. There's a glaring difference though.

bsroyals54
02-16-2017, 07:55 PM
Weird that we have so many Alex Smith defenders yet there is probably 27 teams in the NFL that would prefer what they have already, than Cpt. Checkdown

Mr. Laz
02-16-2017, 08:03 PM
Weird that we have so many Alex Smith defenders yet there is probably 27 teams in the NFL that would prefer what they have already, than Cpt. Checkdown
what the fuck are you talking about, so many? Like 5?

yet we have 20 asshats shitting out the same annoying crap about Alex Smith in every fucking thread.

eat shit and die ... better yet, step out into oncoming traffic so we don't have to listen to your bitching anymore.

bsroyals54
02-16-2017, 08:04 PM
what the fuck are you talking about, so many? Like 5?

yet we have 20 asshats shitting out the same annoying crap about Alex Smith in every fucking thread.

eat shit and die ... better yet, step out into oncoming traffic so we don't have to listen to your bitching anymore.

name 5 teams that would be better off with Alex Smith, instead of resorting to petty name calling, its going nowhere.

Reerun_KC
02-16-2017, 08:07 PM

schmuck.

Jamaal is fucking done. Stop wasting hope.

Houston is half done as well. Wasted contracts and seasons.

Again dispute 1-3.

Reerun_KC
02-16-2017, 08:09 PM
what the **** are you talking about, so many? Like 5?

yet we have 20 asshats shitting out the same annoying crap about Alex Smith in every ****ing thread.

5? Jfc. Exhibit A of classic chiefs.

Mr. Laz
02-16-2017, 08:10 PM
name 5 teams that would be better off with Alex Smith, instead of resorting to petty name calling, its going nowhere.
not the point
Weird that we have so many Alex Smith defenders
this is the point

this is the bullshit

There is 1 fucking Alex Smith defender on this board. The rest of us are just trying to be rational about the situation.

Mr. Laz
02-16-2017, 08:12 PM
5? Jfc. Exhibit A of classic chiefs.
I was talking about the number of defenders of Alex Smith.

-King-
02-16-2017, 08:13 PM

Where are the Alex defenders? Name one person that wouldn't upgrade if given the chance?

Not wanting Foles as the QB next year =/= wanting Alex as the QB.
Posted via Mobile Device

St. Patty's Fire
02-16-2017, 08:14 PM

cleveland
houston
nyj
redskins (if cousins walks)

well thts 4

-King-
02-16-2017, 08:16 PM

Browns
Jags
49ers
Texans
Rams
Eagles
Jets
Bears

More than 5.
Posted via Mobile Device

St. Patty's Fire
02-16-2017, 08:16 PM
Browns
Jags
49ers
Texans
Rams
Eagles
Jets
Bears

More than 5.
Posted via Mobile Device

ill take wentz, kids got potential

but otherwise good list

-King-
02-16-2017, 08:22 PM
ill take wentz, kids got potential

but otherwise good list

We'll see but Wentz might be the new Blake Bortles. A QB that struggles with mechanics and thus can't really improve as he should. On the other hand, Rivers had bad mechanics and has made it work for him so who knows.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mr. Laz
02-16-2017, 08:26 PM
cleveland
houston
nyj
redskins (if cousins walks)

well thts 4
Maybe Buffalo because they want someone who just won't screw up so that the defense can win. I absolutely think that heRex Ryan would take Alex Smith if he was still there.

Maybe Bears for the same reason.

If Alex Smith was Denver's QB in 2016, they make the playoffs.

That said, I want an upgrade at the QB position asap.(just to keep all the nutjobs under control)

bsroyals54
02-16-2017, 08:31 PM
Browns
Jags
49ers
Texans
Rams
Eagles
Jets
Bears

More than 5.
Posted via Mobile Device

They going to pay his salary too? Lets say it has to equal the Chiefs contract, would they still take him?

And yea, Eagles do not belong on that list, and the 49ers sure as shit don't want him back.

RealSNR
02-16-2017, 09:04 PM
We'll see but Wentz might be the new Blake Bortles. A QB that struggles with mechanics and thus can't really improve as he should. On the other hand, Rivers had bad mechanics and has made it work for him so who knows.
Posted via Mobile Device

"Might be the new Blake Bortles."

Come the fuck on, dude. He's a rookie QB from an FCS school and he just threw for more yards and TDs than our safe game manager QB just did with far less on offense.

You're really going to fucking tell me that the Eagles would be better off with Alex fucking Smith than Carson Wentz?

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-16-2017, 09:23 PM
Welp if that be the case, it seems like there are a nice handful of teams that could really use an upgrade in Alex Smith; that phone isn't going to dial itself!

Chop-chop!

Eleazar
02-16-2017, 09:51 PM
Jamaal is ****ing done. Stop wasting hope.

Houston is half done as well. Wasted contracts and seasons.

Again dispute 1-3.

Hanging all our hopes on nobodies turning into all pros (Bray), washed up former greats miraculously becoming 25 again (Charles), game changers who haven't been completely healthy since 2014 (Houston), coaches with losing postseason records (Reid) who are befuddled by the simple Time Out, and owners who don't ask the main question - why would this formula suddenly work?

Because chiefs

Reerun_KC
02-17-2017, 12:31 AM
Hanging all our hopes on nobodies turning into all pros (Bray), washed up former greats miraculously becoming 25 again (Charles), game changers who haven't been completely healthy since 2014 (Houston), coaches with losing postseason records (Reid) who are befuddled by the simple Time Out, and owners who don't ask the main question - why would this formula suddenly work?

Because chiefs

Great post

-King-
02-17-2017, 02:51 AM
"Might be the new Blake Bortles."

Come the fuck on, dude. He's a rookie QB from an FCS school and he just threw for more yards and TDs than our safe game manager QB just did with far less on offense.

You're really going to fucking tell me that the Eagles would be better off with Alex fucking Smith than Carson Wentz?

Are we just going to discount how important having an at the very least decent throwing motion is for a QB?
Posted via Mobile Device

-King-
02-17-2017, 02:53 AM
They going to pay his salary too? Lets say it has to equal the Chiefs contract, would they still take him?

And yea, Eagles do not belong on that list, and the 49ers sure as shit don't want him back.

He makes average starter money. So yeah they'd pay it if it meant stability at the position and the ability to groom a young QB without rushing him.

Same as what I want us to do here.
Posted via Mobile Device