PDA

View Full Version : Food and Drink Rosedale BBQ: Hidden Gem in KCK

gblowfish
02-19-2017, 08:49 AM
Rosedale is one of the oldest family owned and run BBQ joints in KC. It's on Southwest Blvd in KCK, just down the hill from the Rosedale Arch and KU Med.

I like it because it's a great value. You get three sides -beans, slaw and amazing crinkle cut fries- with any dinner. The sauce has a slightly sweet apple flavored kick to it, and they make a regular and spicy version.

They also make chili dogs, and have slab specials. Personally, I don't care for their ribs. They're usually fatty and chewy, kind of like pot roast. But i like their turkey and their brisket.

Their drink selection is amazing too. Everything sold in cans or bottles. They don't do Coke or Pepsi, it's RC, 7-UP, Stewart's and a bunch of other choices. Widest variety of beer and soda of any BBQ joint.

Here's an article. What do you think?

http://ourchanginglives.com/rosedale-bar-b-q/

BlackHelicopters
02-19-2017, 09:03 AM
Ate there at least once a week while in school at UMKC Dental. A group us would go. I have had the entire menu. Ribs are fair. Sides great. Rest of menu excellent. Must go.

Demonpenz
02-19-2017, 09:25 AM
Isn't actually IN rosedale? Or am I trippin

Fish
02-19-2017, 09:49 AM
Ribs are pretty awful. You'd swear they were boiled. Sides are decent. Brisket is usually really good. I've generally been satisfied with their stuff. I'd just much rather spend a little extra and drive around the corner up Mission to Joe's.

Dr. Gigglepants
02-19-2017, 10:12 AM
Ribs are pretty awful. You'd swear they were boiled. Sides are decent. Brisket is usually really good. I've generally been satisfied with their stuff. I'd just much rather spend a little extra and drive around the corner up Mission to Joe's.

Back in the Herm days we would do RJ's before the games. $3.99 chopped rib sandwich and fries.

oldman
02-19-2017, 10:24 AM
I agree with George about the ribs, they're just not right. But the brisket is tasty and the side are great. Very few places do fried okra, one of my favorites. The sauce is pretty sweet, a little too much for my taste. I usually hit it when I make one of my "only in the Dotte" runs. That's sausage from Krizman's, taco sauce from Art's, and steaks from KC Steak Co.

2bikemike
02-19-2017, 10:47 AM
Having grown up in Rosedale I used to eat there a lot as a kid. Still go there every once in a while when visiting cousins, it's the only BBQ he eats.

It's kind of nostalgic to remember all the places along the Blvd. we used to eat, Rosedale and Quicks for BBQ, Dagwoods for the Pork Tenderloin, and Paul's for Burgers.

SAUTO
02-19-2017, 11:21 AM
Pauls is on Osage.

We had car club meetings at Rosedale every Sunday for years. I always liked quicks better

bobbymitch
02-19-2017, 12:02 PM
My dad was raised in Rosedale and his office was on SW Blvd. We never went to Rosedale BBQ. Always ate at Dagwoods.

HemiEd
02-19-2017, 12:10 PM
I ate there a lot in the 80s as it was very close to our office over at 3155 Terrace. There weren't a lot of choices around there and it was just so-so IMO. I thought if this is representative of KC BBQ, Wichita could show them a few things. :D

Lex Luthor
02-19-2017, 12:22 PM
My favorite barbecue in KC is the beef sandwich at Rosedale's. I just love that Rosedale Sauce.

One of these days I'm going to buy a bottle of it, go to Joe's KC, and put the Rosedale Sauce on a Z-man sandwich. That would be the perfect BBQ sandwich.

New World Order
02-19-2017, 01:40 PM
My favorite barbecue in KC is the beef sandwich at Rosedale's. I just love that Rosedale Sauce.

One of these days I'm going to buy a bottle of it, go to Joe's KC, and put the Rosedale Sauce on a Z-man sandwich. That would be the perfect BBQ sandwich.

Yep.

Rosedale is probably my third fav bbq place in KC.