PDA

View Full Version : ChiefsPlanet Problems with ChiefsPlanet on Chrome

ChiefsCountry
02-24-2017, 08:32 AM
Been having problems with CP on Chrome. Logging in and trying to type messages, it would lock up in those boxes. Did on my office computer and both of mine at home. Seems to work fine on Internet Explorer just with Chrome. Glitch in the code maybe?

Marcellus
02-24-2017, 08:41 AM
I am having the same issue with Chrome.

Fish
02-24-2017, 08:49 AM
No issues with Chrome here. Working fine on Windows, OS X, Android, and iOS.

loochy
02-24-2017, 09:08 AM
I use chrome on Win10 at home, Win7 at work, and on Android and it works just fine on all.

Dartgod
02-24-2017, 09:11 AM
I'm having the same or similar issue. With Adblock turned off, the focus keeps changing to somewhere else when typing out my reply. I have to click back in the box and type a few more characters before it happens again.

I found that with Adblock turned on, it does not happen. So I assume it has something to do with the ads at the bottom of the page.

ptlyon
02-24-2017, 09:19 AM
The rep buttons on my chrome for android never work, that's why nobody ever sees rep from me

loochy
02-24-2017, 09:20 AM
I'm having the same or similar issue. With Adblock turned off, the focus keeps changing to somewhere else when typing out my reply. I have to click back in the box and type a few more characters before it happens again.

I found that with Adblock turned on, it does not happen. So I assume it has something to do with the ads at the bottom of the page.

yes, i use adblock on everything and i dont have problems.

it must be the ads.

Loneiguana
02-24-2017, 09:28 AM
Last 2 days on Chrome I would randomly lose my cursor and have to reclick, start typing, lose cursor again, have to reclick. So basically what everyone is saying.

Closing the browser usually works. Buts is kind of weird.

ChiliConCarnage
02-24-2017, 09:30 AM
Hmm, I'm on chrome and don't have an adblocker here currently and haven't noticed.

Bowser
02-24-2017, 09:31 AM
I think it is an ad issue. Specifically, some video for Nissan that loads at the bottom of every new page, even in private messages. At least, that seems to be the problem for me. Once I X out the ad, everything returns to normal.

DaFace
02-24-2017, 09:44 AM
I think it is an ad issue. Specifically, some video for Nissan that loads at the bottom of every new page, even in private messages. At least, that seems to be the problem for me. Once I X out the ad, everything returns to normal.

Yep, this is it. Unfortunately, AustinChief is the only one with access to the ad controls, so we're not able to do much about it. Hopefully they'll rotate out shortly.

scho63
02-24-2017, 09:58 AM
Not a CP issue but a Chrome issue- I have had some problems across multiple sites with trying to type and nothing happens then it releases all at once.

Last Chrome update seems to be buggy

The Franchise
02-24-2017, 10:06 AM

It's this. I was having issues until I started clicking the X on the ad. Pain in the ass but I'll deal with it for now.

DaFace
02-24-2017, 10:15 AM
If it get too bad, there's always adblock...

Molitoth
02-24-2017, 10:27 AM
I was having the same issue! Had to re-enable ad block, thanks!

Hog's Gone Fishin
02-24-2017, 10:37 AM

Same shit here . It just started 3 days ago. I thought you MU'ed me.

Dartgod
02-24-2017, 11:16 AM
Same shit here . It just started 3 days ago. I thought you MU'ed me.

Not yet...

Pasta Little Brioni
02-24-2017, 11:20 AM
The rep buttons on my chrome for android never work, that's why nobody ever sees rep from me

Same

eDave
02-24-2017, 11:23 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">New moderation, new problems! <a href="https://t.co/mwJCtGTZ7s">pic.twitter.com/mwJCtGTZ7s</a></p>&mdash; eDaveformod2017 (@eDaveForMod2017) <a href="https://twitter.com/eDaveForMod2017/status/835178230755676160">February 24, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

oldman
02-24-2017, 11:59 AM
Problems on Chrome, too. I'm on IE now and don't seem to have any problems.

ModSocks
02-24-2017, 12:10 PM
Even with adblock this is an issue for me. Since yesterday

Chief Pagan
02-24-2017, 01:01 PM
If it get too bad, there's always adblock...

You would think that since Google gets most of their revenue from ads, they would figure out a way to display them that doesn't drive viewers to adblock.

Chiefs planet locking up was one of the main reasons I switched to adblock.

Haven't had any problems since...

listopencil
02-24-2017, 01:09 PM

Do they not not register at all, or do they open and then disappear? If it's the latter try holding your finger down and then selecting open in a new tab. Then you could rep from that new tab.

Rain Man
02-24-2017, 02:01 PM

So that's what's been happening. I'm never going to buy a Nissan now, but I will click repeatedly on their ad to generate revenue for CP.

ptlyon
02-24-2017, 02:18 PM
Do they not not register at all, or do they open and then disappear? If it's the latter try holding your finger down and then selecting open in a new tab. Then you could rep from that new tab.

Thanks man. Rep applied. I held it down and did the open new window thing and it worked!

TrebMaxx
02-24-2017, 03:59 PM
Clear you browsing history from the begining of time. Chrome doesn't clean itself up and when the browsing history starts to build up it starts flaking out.

Jerok
02-24-2017, 04:15 PM
Clear you browsing history from the begining of time. Chrome doesn't clean itself up and when the browsing history starts to build up it starts flaking out.

You mean people don't do this daily? To be single again...

hometeam
02-24-2017, 05:47 PM
Fine here, I use Ublock origin~

bevischief
02-25-2017, 01:08 PM
yes, i use adblock on everything and i dont have problems.

it must be the aids.

Fixed it.

Mosbonian
02-25-2017, 01:16 PM
I am with scho63 on this....I think the latest update on Chrome has some bugs in it. I have had issues with Chrome lately.

Bowser
02-25-2017, 03:14 PM
Whatever those ads are, you can't even click on them to go to their site. They are literally just two videos being loaded that play maybe 10% of the time. I heard part of a Nissan commercial once after waiting a few minutes for something to start playing.

AustinChief needs to shitcan whatever they are. They're a complete nuisance.