PDA

View Full Version : Home and Auto Horrible car buying experience opinions needed

DJJasonp
02-26-2017, 12:13 PM
I'll try to make this a short read....

Found a brand new vehicle that the wife liked. Went to dealership as they had it on their website. It was sold. They tried to find one on their lot, but to no avail.

Couple days later, I do my own work and find the EXACT vehicle she wants - and it happens to be advertised at a couple thousand dollars off (dealer discount). It's about an hour or so away (important).

I go into local dealer, and show them the car.....even email the link to the dealership's web page so he knows all the details. Sales guy says they have to negotiate with that dealership, etc. I told him, if they can negotiate that price or lower, we'll buy from them (otherwise, we'll make the drive and negotiate with that dealership).

Sales guy says they can meet that price.

We negotiate terms, etc. and make the deal. Sales guy says he'll drive to that dealership the next day and deliver the vehicle for us later that day.

We pick up car (has a ding in it...grrr). drive it home. all is well.

Wife calls me next day and tells me she was poking around and noticed no spare tire exists.

Im at work, so I pull up the car on the other dealership's website (It's still up....important)....and look at the window sticker, and it shows a spare.

Upon further investigation, the VIN DOES NOT MATCH!

They sold us a different flippin' vehicle!!!!

So I do some investigation on the web, and find the vehicle they sold us - and learn that that dealership where they got the vehicle from is another 40 minutes FURTHER away - BUT FIND:

1. The vehicle's MSRP is a couple hundred less than what we negotiated off of (dealership 1)

2. The options package is slightly different (hence, no spare tire on delership 2's vehicle....the one they delivered to us)

3. The dealership 2 had their vehicle marked down about 1,000 less than dealership 1.

SO....looks like a classic bait and switch right?

I've been back to the dealership twice to complain, and the sales guy says "you said if we matched PRICE, you'd make the deal"

Wrong - we said price on that car.

Not to mention, when we picked up the vehicle, we asked the sales guy "how was the drive to Anaheim??" and he responded "not bad"

So at no point, did they ever mention a "dealership 2", nor did they mention the vehicle we were getting/negotiating on was NOT the same as what we provided them as the EXACT vehicle we wanted.

They've been apologizing, etc....but kind of giving us the delay/stall tactics.

I am meeting with the general manager tomorrow morning (and he told me over phone, he wants to make it right), but what do you guys think will happen?

The original vehicle is still available, but I'm assuming they cant get that vehicle, or they would have do so from the beginning.

The only reason to go further down the road for the one they sold us is either to make more money off of us, or dealership 1 wouldnt deal with our dealership, right??

I'm figuring the bastards will try to throw some "paint protection", "GPS stolen vehicle" crap for free.....as I bet it would be a monster hit for them to get the original vehicle (as they would then need to do a trade-in on the original they sold us, and then have to sell it as "used").

Super pissed obviously.....

What do you think goes down tomorrow morning????

SAUTO
02-26-2017, 12:16 PM
How long have you had it?

DJJasonp
02-26-2017, 12:19 PM
Today is the 4th day - but there's no "cooling off period" in California.

SAUTO
02-26-2017, 12:23 PM
Not the point, I think that they can still sell that one as new and they should.

They should also go get you the car you made a deal on or give you your money back.

DJJasonp
02-26-2017, 12:24 PM
Not the point, I think that they can still sell that one as new and they should.

They should also go get you the car you made a deal on or give you your money back.

Agreed - thanks.

I think from the beginning, they couldnt swing a deal/trade with the dealership that had the vehicle we wanted, so they pulled a deal with someone else, and it backfired big time.

Why Not?
02-26-2017, 12:25 PM
I'm not sure what you can do? It's shady as fuck but if you signed the paperwork and all, I'm not sure what legal recourse you have. You can pull out the usual "I'll go to the media and BBB, etc" but you may just need to fight for the best free shit they are willing to give you.

SAUTO
02-26-2017, 12:25 PM
I would tell them that those are their only two options to "make it right"

DJJasonp
02-26-2017, 12:27 PM
I would tell them that those are their only two options to "make it right"

problem is - we traded a vehicle in.....could they get it back??

Buehler445
02-26-2017, 12:31 PM
Screenshot everything RIGHT NOW to make sure you can prove the VIN thing. If it goes sideways, go see a lawyer.

DJJasonp
02-26-2017, 12:33 PM
Screenshot everything RIGHT NOW to make sure you can prove the VIN thing. If it goes sideways, go see a lawyer.

Did that on Friday morning! Got everything. Even the sent email where the sales guy asked me to send him a link to the vehicle we found/wanted.

SAUTO
02-26-2017, 12:35 PM
problem is - we traded a vehicle in.....could they get it back??

I would bet they still have it

TrebMaxx
02-26-2017, 12:39 PM
Do a google search for California buyers remorse laws.

DJJasonp
02-26-2017, 12:46 PM
Do a google search for California buyers remorse laws.

I did - but it excludes car purchases. Unfortunately, no "cooling off" period for vehicles in CA.

I do think we have some "bait and switch" potential, from a legal perspective.

But as someone else said, we DID sign a contract.....but, we signed a contract for what we thought was a vehicle from Dealership 1....and had a specific options group on it.

We'd probably get screwed in court......but there is always "I'll make this well known in the media/social media/BBB" route....which they probably wouldnt want.

Buehler445
02-26-2017, 12:59 PM
Good luck man. Let me know how it turns out.

displacedinMN
02-26-2017, 02:21 PM
Youve been screwed.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
02-26-2017, 02:24 PM
Send him a package of laxative gummy bears

BlackHelicopters
02-26-2017, 02:30 PM
You got raped. Attorney time.

Frazod
02-26-2017, 02:35 PM
I would bet they still have it

Depends on what it is. They'll keep a late model trade in, but older stuff goes to auction fairly quickly.

eDave
02-26-2017, 02:40 PM
Seems easy enough for them to go get the car you wanted and give it to you in return for the one they sold you. I mean, just do the original deal.

Jewish Rabbi
02-26-2017, 02:44 PM
Why would you have not just gotten the car you wanted in the first place? An hour to pick up a car is nothing. Why even involve the middleman?

scho63
02-26-2017, 03:06 PM
Words and documents will matter if this goes legal. Make sure that you and your wife specifically said we want this exact car, the one at that dealership.

So many people say they want this car but it just means nearly identical.

If you have the printout of the car you wanted with tje vin and the date and time stamp at the bottom of the page, that is a big help.

Sounds like 100% switcheroo NOT bait and switch. They never offered a vehicle and changed it. You wanted a vehicle and they only came close.

vailpass
02-26-2017, 03:12 PM
What make is the vehicle i.e. Chevy, Ford, etc.?

ClevelandBronco
02-26-2017, 03:18 PM
I think if the VIN on the car you bought matches the VIN on the paperwork, you own a car. Revenge is an option, depending on how much of your life you want to dedicate to it.

BryanBusby
02-26-2017, 03:38 PM
Why would you have not just gotten the car you wanted in the first place? An hour to pick up a car is nothing. Why even involve the middleman?
Yeah, I really don't get why you just wouldn't go get the car yourself.

vailpass
02-26-2017, 03:51 PM
Yeah, I really don't get why you just wouldn't go get the car yourself.

Not to mention signing for a brand new vehicle when you knew it had a ding.

Bugeater
02-26-2017, 03:57 PM
This is what I'm wondering, especially since it sounds like a spare tire is part of an option package. I thought that was pretty much standard equipment.

Lex Luthor
02-26-2017, 04:20 PM
I think if the VIN on the car you bought matches the VIN on the paperwork, you own a car. Revenge is an option, depending on how much of your life you want to dedicate to it.

I agree with this. I think you own the car.

I would raise all kinds of shit, make all kinds of threats, and then accept whatever they offer to make you go away. You still have a brand new car, it's the make and model you want, you just don't have all of the options you paid for.

You're pissed because they screwed you, but if they throw a few bucks your way to make up for the options you didn't get, your're really not damaged.

kstater
02-26-2017, 04:24 PM
Spray paint the rest of the cars in the lot.

vailpass
02-26-2017, 04:29 PM
Spray paint the rest of the cars in the lot.

Paint the town red and paint his wife white.

TimeForWasp
02-26-2017, 05:43 PM
It makes no sense to me to buy a car from 1 dealership from another dealership. Makes no sense.

vailpass
02-26-2017, 05:51 PM
It makes no sense to me to buy a car from 1 dealership from another dealership. Makes no sense.

Unless, as many are, they're owned by the same entity.

DJJasonp
02-26-2017, 08:19 PM

An hour as the crow flies. So-cal traffic sucks.

Figured if the price was the same at local place as what they were advertising at the other, save the hassle of us doing the driving.

DJJasonp
02-26-2017, 08:20 PM

Jeep.

And yep - spare tire is NOT standard apparently.

DJJasonp
02-26-2017, 08:22 PM
Not to mention signing for a brand new vehicle when you knew it had a ding.

We didnt see that until after the deal was done.

Lesson learned I guess.

DJJasonp
02-26-2017, 08:27 PM

It is not uncommon to walk into a dealership with a "I know exactly what I want" approach.....and said dealership doesnt have exactly what you want.

It's common, at that point, for the dealership to say "I can get whatever you want, as we deal/trade with other Ford/Chevy/jeep dealerships across the state/county/etc.

I've experienced that many times, buying vehicles....this is the first time I actually let it happen.

Either way, dealership screwed up in assuming we'd be ok with something not exactly to what we gave them.

I still think they went 40 minutes further away just to make a few extra hundred bucks in their pocket.

My wife likes the vehicle - so it's not the end of the world if we dont get the original one we asked for....but it's principal at this point.

Abba-Dabba
02-26-2017, 08:27 PM
Chalk it up to lesson learned.

Why did you even bother with the dealership as a middle man to another dealership? No offense but that is just dumb. Dumb. Dumb. Dumb. What advantage does that gain for you? No. The better question is what advantage did that gain for you?

For goodness sake, a dealership only an hour away will bring you the car straight to your front door. You took one seller looking for a profit into 2 sellers looking for a profit. It isn't any wonder why you got screwed. They saw you coming a mile away.

DJJasonp
02-26-2017, 08:31 PM

Why did you even bother with the dealership as a middle man to another dealership? No offense but that is just dumb. Dumb. Dumb. Dumb. What advantage does that gain for you? No. The better question is what advantage did that gain for you?

For goodness sake, a dealership only an hour away will bring you the car straight to your front door. You took one seller looking for a profit into 2 sellers looking for a profit. It isn't any wonder why you got screwed. They saw you coming a mile away.

may be....but like I said in the original post - I told our local dealer if they would match the price of the other dealership, we'd buy from them.

Our approach was, if you really want us to buy from you, and not drive up north to the other dealer, at least match or beat what the other dealer is offering.

In the long run, we didnt get screwed on what we paid, we got screwed on one option package that flip-flopped, due to them not giving us what we were negotiating on.

Fairplay
02-26-2017, 08:35 PM
I'm not sure what you can do? It's shady as **** but if you signed the paperwork and all, I'm not sure what legal recourse you have. You can pull out the usual "I'll go to the media and BBB, etc" but you may just need to fight for the best free shit they are willing to give you.

Pretty much this, go in there not being happy but not yelling either. But with the possibility you could go off with customers around to see your displeasure.

If they offer free coffee or soda or whatever say no all I want want is what I was promised.

Spott
02-26-2017, 08:36 PM
If the car runs, it probably isn't worth the trouble to go through the legal hassle of taking it back. Just look for a spare online somewhere and save the money you would spend on attorney fees and all the other mishegas.

Fairplay
02-26-2017, 08:44 PM
"We don't have the car you were wanting but we have another one your going to love..."

alpha_omega
02-26-2017, 08:48 PM

Why did you even bother with the dealership as a middle man to another dealership? No offense but that is just dumb. Dumb. Dumb. Dumb. What advantage does that gain for you? No. The better question is what advantage did that gain for you? ......

I don't know about that. My last 2 new cars were dealer trades. The advantage was that another dealer had the car I wanted. Never had a problem.

Jewish Rabbi
02-26-2017, 08:50 PM
I don't know about that. My last 2 new cars were dealer trades. The advantage was that another dealer had the car I wanted. Never had a problem.

I don't disagree that this is a common approach, but it sounds like OP was the one trying to link the two dealers together and do the legwork rather than the dealer finding a car for him. This whole thing just seems strange.

DJJasonp
02-26-2017, 08:58 PM
I don't disagree that this is a common approach, but it sounds like OP was the one trying to link the two dealers together and do the legwork rather than the dealer finding a car for him. This whole thing just seems strange.

Yeah, we basically did the work for them (finding the exact vehicle we wanted). Because local dealer was like 7 miles away....and the sales guy had already spent a lot of time with us....I felt we would give him a chance to get the deal...this, doing him a solid.

Lesson learned...probably should never try to do a solid for a car salesman

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

displacedinMN
02-26-2017, 09:00 PM

Thinking of this-is it even legal to title a car if the title and VIN do not match? Same with licensing- and insurance. This could get you into trouble if the other person, with the wrong car does something bad.

DJJasonp
02-26-2017, 09:04 PM
Thinking of this-is it even legal to title a car if the title and VIN do not match? Same with licensing- and insurance. This could get you into trouble if the other person, with the wrong car does something bad.

The VIN on the vehicle matches the paperwork. We, like 99% of people, didn't check VIN on paperwork.....as we had zero reason to believe vehicle wasn't the one we teed up for them

BryanBusby
02-26-2017, 09:36 PM
I think that even if he signed paperwork with matching VINs to the car he didn't want, the dealership still has a responsibility to do business in good faith.

Be firm with what it'll take to make things right, OP.

Bugeater
02-26-2017, 09:39 PM
Isn't the Jeep spare tire mounted prominently on the back of vehicle? Not sure how you would not notice that missing right away....

BryanBusby
02-26-2017, 09:41 PM
Oh it's a Jeep? Get your money back dude.

New World Order
02-26-2017, 09:45 PM
Kinda reminds me of the National Lampoon Vacation car.

DJJasonp
02-26-2017, 09:47 PM
Isn't the Jeep spare tire mounted prominently on the back of vehicle? Not sure how you would not notice that missing right away....

It's a Cherokee. Spare is under back floor

Bugeater
02-26-2017, 09:48 PM
With that said, I know shit can go sideways when buying a vehicle. Generally you are overwhelmed just by looking at all of them, then trying to find what you want, then dealing with the slimy salespeople...it's stressful. When I bought my truck I had driven to Lincoln to look at a specific one, ended up not liking it all that much, so the salesman showed us another one. I liked it a lot more and when we asked the price he was being dodgy. Long story short, we bought it, and then I looked it up online the next morning and saw the advertised price was $1200 lower than what we paid. We called and threw a fit and they reluctantly honored it. They could have easily told us to pound sand though because we agreed to the price. Just another lesson learned.

Bugeater
02-26-2017, 09:50 PM
It's a Cherokee. Spare is under back floor

Sent from my ****** using Tapatalk
Ok, that's some bullshit. I could see where it could be optional on a Wrangler but anything else should have one.

Infidel Goat
02-26-2017, 10:13 PM
Contact customer service for the actual car maker (toyota, subaru, ford, whatever) and complain about the dealership if the GM does not make it right.

I had a similar situation (negotiated for a CD player, but it wasn't on the model I got). The dealer eventually offered the CD player but wouldn't pay to install it. Car maker agreed to reimburse me because it was listed on the invoice.

Oh- if it's not on the invoice, you might be screwed. Sorry.

underEJ
02-26-2017, 11:56 PM
Jeep.

And yep - spare tire is NOT standard apparently.

Mine is not quite the same, but it was Jeep also (downtown LA.) I was looking for a pretty specific configuration on a wrangler. Searched inventories on the main jeep website. Sent an inquiry on a listed vehicle by email. They called less than five minutes later saying it was available. I grabbed an uber and went immediately. By the time I got there it was "sold" and gone less than an hour had passed. They want to show me other vehicles but I'm very clear I'd rather just order one exactly how I want it than mess around with the not quite right ones. A guy comes out and says he found one at another dealership, they'll get it today. I wait for hours for a specific vehicle that I've read the specs on and it is exactly what I want except white not black. They asked me to initial the sticker printout and I do. After three hours it arrives and it isn't the vehicle I was expecting. I got pretty pissed, refused to buy it.

I ordered what I wanted specifically and it arrived after four weeks, two weeks ahead of schedule. I should have just done that in the first place. The manager told me he hadn't known my specs were non negotiable and technically the car they bought on my behalf should have cost more than the one I wanted so he thought he was giving me a deal. He hadn't been able to make a deal with the other dealership.

In the end, I still don't believe the first car I went down there for was "sold" in the hour between my email and my arrival at the dealership. That is one lie. I don't know if the car swap was an honest mistake or another lie, but the whole thing gave me a bitter taste in my mouth. My wrangler is awesome, but I don't go to that dealership for service because of the shitty experience.

DadLeft4Cigarettes
02-27-2017, 03:40 AM
http://i64.tinypic.com/1zel16f.png

Chiefnj2
02-27-2017, 08:00 AM
You said the option package was different. Other than the spare, what is different?

Eleazar
02-27-2017, 08:33 AM
I think that even if he signed paperwork with matching VINs to the car he didn't want, the dealership still has a responsibility to do business in good faith.

Sure, but if this guy gets an unprofitable gesture of goodwill from a used car salesman, he will be the first.

Stan Kramer still around?

Eleazar
02-27-2017, 08:35 AM
Ok, that's some bullshit. I could see where it could be optional on a Wrangler but anything else should have one.

Didn't they transition all those to runflat tires, with the Goop can and a compressor built into the car?

Numerous manufacturers have done this

loochy
02-27-2017, 08:49 AM

My Cadillac has no spare. It came with runflats and a warranty that covers towing. Of course, on my first change of tires, I ditched the crappy run flats in lieu of normal tires and I bought a cheap wheel for a full size spare.

My father in law's Infiniti is the same.

TambaBerry
02-27-2017, 08:54 AM
First off I just want to say that you got screwed and from what it sounds like ita definitely bait and switch. With that said, the other dealer was only an hour away? I would have just driven to them to buy the car, hell yesterday I drove 45 min to buy a TV. The best buy by my house didn't have the one we wanted and the newer model was 100 dollars more.

loochy
02-27-2017, 08:57 AM
With that said, the other dealer was only an hour away? I would have just driven to them to buy the car

Yes. Adding more people only adds more cost.

notorious
02-27-2017, 09:01 AM
Yes. Adding more people only adds more cost.

It gets marked up twice unless they are affiliated dealers.

mikeyis4dcats.
02-27-2017, 09:13 AM
1. Read the contract.
2. Read the contract.
4. Read the fucking contract!

Enjoy your new car...

BTW, we drove 4 HOURS to buy our last car.

DJJasonp
02-27-2017, 09:20 AM
You said the option package was different. Other than the spare, what is different?

The car we have had the "luxury" pkg....memory for mirrors, power liftgate, and better leather (whatever that means)

The car we wanted has the technology pkg....collision recognition/warning, park assist, etc.

The only reason I'm still barking on this is I feel there is more value in the tech group option, not to mention probable discount for insurance.

I have a meeting with the gm in about an hr.....

DJJasonp
02-27-2017, 09:22 AM
1. Read the contract.
2. Read the contract.

Enjoy your new car...

I hear ya. But there's a good chance your 4 hr drive was a lot more pleasant drive than a rush hour drive up the 5.....just sayin

TambaBerry
02-27-2017, 09:29 AM
Don't go in there guns a blazing, hear the GM out and see what he has to say. Don't mention lawyers until you absolutely have to. As soon as they hear that word they will stop working with you. Get your points across and don't be assholeish.

Jewish Rabbi
02-27-2017, 09:29 AM
I hear ya. But there's a good chance your 4 hr drive was a lot more pleasant drive than a rush hour drive up the 5.....just sayin

Then why say the dealer is an hour away if it will take you longer than that to get there?

DJJasonp
02-27-2017, 10:57 AM
GM is trying to get us the original vehicle we asked for.....stay tuned....

Buehler445
02-27-2017, 11:07 AM
1. Read the contract.
2. Read the contract.

Enjoy your new car...

Friend of mine drove from Ness City (West Central Kansas) to NORTH FUCKING DAKOTA with 4 kids and a prego wife to get their car. :eek:

Don't go in there guns a blazing, hear the GM out and see what he has to say. Don't mention lawyers until you absolutely have to. As soon as they hear that word they will stop working with you. Get your points across and don't be assholeish.

This. I traded my sprayer this winter, and lo and behold when I tried to run it, the battery was dead, there was a communication error when I tried to download an upadate, and AutoTrac wouldn't run.

Buehler yesterday in the field: :cuss:

Buehler this morning in the dealers office: :)

DJJasonp
02-27-2017, 11:15 AM
Wow....sales guy lied and said he showed us two different invoices to show us the difference. Complete lie. GM working to get us right vehicle. We shall see

Chiefnj2
02-27-2017, 11:29 AM
The car we have had the "luxury" pkg....memory for mirrors, power liftgate, and better leather (whatever that means)

The car we wanted has the technology pkg....collision recognition/warning, park assist, etc.

The only reason I'm still barking on this is I feel there is more value in the tech group option, not to mention probable discount for insurance.

I have a meeting with the gm in about an hr.....

When you checked out the car didn't you notice that it had the luxury package, like the power lift gate? Wasn't it on the paperwork somewhere? Or, did you think "Hey, we got lucky, these fools are throwing in the luxury package for free"?

It sucks they misled you with the wrong package, but it seems like a little due diligence on your part would have discovered it. And yes, the salesman will lie his/her ass off about what they told you.

BlackHelicopters
02-27-2017, 11:36 AM
Damn shame that Johnny Cochran is dead. Dude is ferocious.

Bugeater
02-27-2017, 11:41 AM
Didn't they transition all those to runflat tires, with the Goop can and a compressor built into the car?

Numerous manufacturers have done this
I don't know, I don't buy new cars. Back in 1977 my parents bought a Pontiac Sunbird that had a deflated spare with some can of shit to inflate it, that was a useless joke. So anything is possible.

scho63
02-27-2017, 03:24 PM
Wow....sales guy lied and said he showed us two different invoices to show us the difference. Complete lie. GM working to get us right vehicle. We shall see

The GM knows his salesguy is a sleaze bag and he is trying to cover up and fix it so they don't get sued.

If you get the car you wanted, then no harm no foul except your time.

Chief Pote
02-27-2017, 04:23 PM

You're dreaming, they won't fix this and it's your vehicle.

Paging Home team......

DJJasonp
02-27-2017, 04:57 PM
You're dreaming, they won't fix this and it's your vehicle.

Paging Home team......

Well, just got off the phone with the GM....they are procuring the original vehicle we asked for....so there's that.

We shall see if there are any unexpected shenanigans, but looking good right now.

Iowanian
02-27-2017, 06:02 PM
So....why didn't you just drive an hour and skip the middle man?
They had the price marked cheaper, you could have gotten some off of that likely....

My worst experi c like this wasn't a car purchase, but a gas fireplace insert. I found that placing a well worded, agpngry email on their facebook(which the dumbasses liked) drew a response and when they didn't have time to help me Saturday morning at my home because they were working the show room.....,y bold and generous offer to just meet them there and talk about it in front of other potential customers....and I could be in their showroom all day....brought results.

Nuke them online reviews and their comment section of social media.

Chief Pote
02-27-2017, 06:42 PM
Well, just got off the phone with the GM....they are procuring the original vehicle we asked for....so there's that.

We shall see if there are any unexpected shenanigans, but looking good right now.

That will be quite the achievement if they swap. Good for you.

Kman34
02-27-2017, 07:23 PM
I believe I read somewhere that Jeep has the worst customer service and reliability in the industry....

jjjayb
02-27-2017, 11:38 PM
Tell the dealer you are going to file a complaint with the states attorney general. Tell them you want out of the deal. You will win in court. Car dealers always lose in court.

Demonpenz
02-28-2017, 12:46 AM
Overland Park Jeep was always awesome to me. I think it will work out, it sounds like they may have a rouge salesman just doing stupid shit.

jjjayb
02-28-2017, 01:37 AM
Overland Park Jeep was always awesome to me. I think it will work out, it sounds like they may have a rouge salesman just doing stupid shit.

The salesman doesn't do anything without the managers ok. Certainly not dealer trade for a car.

Rooster
02-28-2017, 11:22 AM
Kinda reminds me of the National Lampoon Vacation car.

You think you hate it now, wait 'til you drive it. ROFL

DJJasonp
03-02-2017, 11:13 AM
Happy to report wife is in possession of the original vehicle we asked for.

No shenanigans. No extra fees.

Kudos to the general manager for recognizing some less-than-stellar service from one of his sales guys.

Jewish Rabbi
03-02-2017, 11:24 AM
Glad it worked out for you, but hopefully you learn from this and do things a little differently next time.

notorious
03-02-2017, 11:26 AM
Kick-Ass.

Most people will try to do the right thing.

Demonpenz
03-02-2017, 11:49 AM
You get what you wanted and a great lesson on how to do things. You got like 100,000 dollars of college course in hard knocks for free.

Buehler445
03-02-2017, 11:57 AM
Congrats man. I'll admit I wasn't optimistic.

scho63
03-02-2017, 12:26 PM

Kudos to the general manager for recognizing some less-than-stellar service from one of his sales guys.

The GM deserves a Positive yelp review and the salesman a negative one. At the very least a thank you note.

I was pretty sure they were going to make things right. The salesman might have tried to stick you with a car with a ding for a reason but in the end he was caught.

Congrats on a positive ending. :clap:

burt
03-02-2017, 12:30 PM
Any good dealership would have taken care of the issue.

OmahaChief
03-02-2017, 12:31 PM

No extra fees...shit they should have given you an even better deal. Did you ask for anything for your troubles? I would have asked for anything and everything. New weather tec floor mats, free oil changes, free detailing..etc.

burt
03-02-2017, 12:35 PM
No extra fees...shit they should have given you an even better deal. Did you ask for anything for your troubles? I would have asked for anything and everything. New weather tec floor mats, free oil changes, free detailing..etc.

HE signed all the papers, HE is allegedly an adult. HE drove it off the lot. The dealer had no legal reason to do the right thing, yet he did.(most will) So you want to dig into the dealers pockets? Classy!