PDA

View Full Version : Worst case scenario

RunKC
03-01-2017, 09:12 AM
Assumption:

Watson, Trubisky and Kizer all go in the top 12, then Houston packages picks in a desperate move to get Mahommes in the middle teens. All 1st rd QB's are gone.

What do you do? Move back in a deep draft for more picks? Obviously this depends on what the board looks like, but what is your plan? Who would be your favorite 2nd tier QB?
What does your pool of players look like at 27 or trade down?

Quesadilla Joe
03-01-2017, 09:27 AM
Try to get a guy like Peterman, Kelly, or Webb in the third.

The Franchise
03-01-2017, 09:49 AM
Hope one of the RBs fall or grab an ILB like Cunningham.

RunKC
03-01-2017, 10:52 AM
I'm thinking in this situation I'd go with one of the 3 ILB's round 1 and Peterman rd 2. He won't be there at our pick in rd 3

The Franchise
03-01-2017, 10:53 AM
Fuck Peterman. I don't want a younger Alex Smith.

Quesadilla Joe
03-01-2017, 11:05 AM
**** Peterman. I don't want a younger Alex Smith.

At least he'd be a cheaper version of Alex Smith, which would allow KC to cut the older version next year.

RunKC
03-01-2017, 11:12 AM
**** Peterman. I don't want a younger Alex Smith.

Davis Webb is far more Alex than Peterman

The Franchise
03-01-2017, 11:14 AM
Davis Webb is far more Alex than Peterman

They're both just another Alex Smith. I'd rather see them draft an actual fucking QB.

Titty Meat
03-01-2017, 11:18 AM
https://twitter.com/AllbrightNFL/status/836959969358594048

RunKC
03-01-2017, 11:28 AM
2018 doesn't matter. You've got like 4 really good QB's who will all be top 10 picks. We won't be able to get one and the after those 4 it's a lot of normal prospects

The Franchise
03-01-2017, 11:40 AM
Yep. Honestly, their best shot is picking one of the 4 that they like and packaging picks to try and get him.

RunKC
03-01-2017, 11:45 AM
Yep. Honestly, their best shot is picking one of the 4 that they like and packaging picks to try and get him.

I don't know if even that will work. There's always QB needy teams in the top 5. They won't trade the pick.

If we traded from the 20's to top 5, my god what would that be? 3 1sts, 2 2nds and more? Shit

DJ's left nut
03-01-2017, 12:03 PM
Hope one of the RBs fall or grab an ILB like Cunningham.

There are a slew of scenarios where the QBs and Cunningham are gone by our pick.

That would likely leave us with a nice CB or S option, maybe even a solid WR option.

But you wouldn't have that nice combination of BPA and Need that could otherwise come together for us. We'd end up taking a backfill player or a bit of a reach.

There are some ugly outcomes on the board for us, IMO. But it's all a little relative as this draft is incredibly deep. Even a 'bad' outcome is not going to be that bad. This is a stacked draft.

DJ's left nut
03-01-2017, 12:06 PM
I'm thinking in this situation I'd go with one of the 3 ILB's round 1 and Peterman rd 2. He won't be there at our pick in rd 3

Christ.

If we used our 1st and 2nd round picks on fucking Jarrad Davis and Nathan Peterman, in a LOADED draft class, we'd deserve the ass-kicking that we'd get.

Two massive need-based reaches in a class where there will be day 1 starters in the 3rd round, IMO.

Direckshun
03-01-2017, 12:16 PM
I take the best player on the board.

I would prioritize DL and OLB. I would take a hard look at any ILBs or WRs on the board.

You can get RBs later.

O.city
03-01-2017, 12:26 PM
I'd sit there and take the best player on my board. Be it a Rb, a DL, a WR, TE, wouldn't care.

RunKC
03-01-2017, 12:44 PM
Christ.

If we used our 1st and 2nd round picks on ****ing Jarrad Davis and Nathan Peterman, in a LOADED draft class, we'd deserve the ass-kicking that we'd get.

Two massive need-based reaches in a class where there will be day 1 starters in the 3rd round, IMO.

Why get a S with Murray, Parker, Berry locked up the next 3 years?
Why get a 2nd tier CB to be a #4 , especially with Mitchell?
Why get a WR who won't do shit with our shit 15 TD a year QB?

At this point, if QB isn't there, I would gladly take a RB like Alvin Kamara. But I do really like the 3 ILB's and think it's a strong class at the top.

DJ's left nut
03-01-2017, 12:50 PM

At this point, if QB isn't there, I would gladly take a RB like Alvin Kamara. But I do really like the 3 ILB's and think it's a strong class at the top.

Parker is older than you realize (he'll be 30 next year) and you could improve there. He's a fine coverage safety but weak against the run. If you can get a rangy young safety with better tackling skills, that's absolutely worth looking at, especially with Parker's $7 million cap hit in 2018 at 31 yrs old. You're really willing to commit to White in his stead? Based on what, exactly?

Relying on Mitchell is a risky bet, at best so if you can get another CB with a premier pedigree, that's definitely a worthwhile gamble. Besides, Mitchell is an RFA next season and if he has another good year, how eager are you to pay up for a #2 CB?

And who cares about what the WR does in '17? A 1st round pick gives you 5 years and at least 3 of those will be with a different QB. Besides, we'll likely need to deal with a declining Maclin soon.

Picking for need in the NFL is a BAD choice almost every time. The league virtually turns over every 3 seasons and a first rounder is a 5 year proposition. There's no way I'd go reaching for need in a draft like this.

RunKC
03-01-2017, 02:18 PM
Parker is older than you realize (he'll be 30 next year) and you could improve there. He's a fine coverage safety but weak against the run. If you can get a rangy young safety with better tackling skills, that's absolutely worth looking at, especially with Parker's $7 million cap hit in 2018 at 31 yrs old. You're really willing to commit to White in his stead? Based on what, exactly?

Relying on Mitchell is a risky bet, at best so if you can get another CB with a premier pedigree, that's definitely a worthwhile gamble. Besides, Mitchell is an RFA next season and if he has another good year, how eager are you to pay up for a #2 CB?

And who cares about what the WR does in '17? A 1st round pick gives you 5 years and at least 3 of those will be with a different QB. Besides, we'll likely need to deal with a declining Maclin soon.

Picking for need in the NFL is a BAD choice almost every time. The league virtually turns over every 3 seasons and a first rounder is a 5 year proposition. There's no way I'd go reaching for need in a draft like this.

Parker is old? At 30? For a safety?? Goodness. Well that makes sense, albeit due to Berry's impending $14 million cap hit along with Peters impending 5th year option, but even those 2 things are a couple years away, or so it seems.

I think CB is so deep this year. I really think we could nab one in rd 3 who could be a really good #2. I see what you mean with Mitchell, tho I really like his game.

I am just rift there with Pest and all the rest of us poor apathetic bastards. Just get me the QB for once in my life. Sheesh

DJ's left nut
03-01-2017, 02:26 PM
Parker is old? At 30? For a safety?? Goodness. Well that makes sense, albeit due to Berry's impending $14 million cap hit along with Peters impending 5th year option, but even those 2 things are a couple years away, or so it seems.

I think CB is so deep this year. I really think we could nab one in rd 3 who could be a really good #2. I see what you mean with Mitchell, tho I really like his game.

I am just rift there with Pest and all the rest of us poor apathetic bastards. Just get me the QB for once in my life. Sheesh

Parker's not a 'safety' in the conventional sense. He's a Cover-1, deep safety that relies on athleticism to do the job. He'll age worse than a guy like Reed.

I see your point w/r/t QB and agree with you. But I want them to be bold in pursuit of a guy they actually like rather than simply reach for a 'meh' option in the 2nd because he's the guy that happened to be there.

I do not care for Peterman at all. I could be comically, ridiculously wrong about him of course, but he's just more of the same song, IMO.

bsp4444
03-01-2017, 03:15 PM
I don't know if even that will work. There's always QB needy teams in the top 5. They won't trade the pick.

If we traded from the 20's to top 5, my god what would that be? 3 1sts, 2 2nds and more? Shit

Rather give Washington 2 firsts for Cousins, than this.

kccrow
03-01-2017, 05:30 PM
I'm probably looking at Caleb Brantley to replace Poe at this point.

Chiefshrink
03-01-2017, 07:15 PM
Rather give Washington 2 firsts for Cousins, than this.

Still not sold on Cousins when the chips are down.

Chiefshrink
03-01-2017, 07:16 PM
There are a slew of scenarios where the QBs and Cunningham are gone by our pick.

That would likely leave us with a nice CB or S option, maybe even a solid WR option.

But you wouldn't have that nice combination of BPA and Need that could otherwise come together for us. We'd end up taking a backfill player or a bit of a reach.

There are some ugly outcomes on the board for us, IMO. But it's all a little relative as this draft is incredibly deep. Even a 'bad' outcome is not going to be that bad. This is a stacked draft.

Parker's not a 'safety' in the conventional sense. He's a Cover-1, deep safety that relies on athleticism to do the job. He'll age worse than a guy like Reed.

I see your point w/r/t QB and agree with you. But I want them to be bold in pursuit of a guy they actually like rather than simply reach for a 'meh' option in the 2nd because he's the guy that happened to be there.

I do not care for Peterman at all. I could be comically, ridiculously wrong about him of course, but he's just more of the same song, IMO.

Excellent football conversation here guys !!:clap::clap:

Buehler445
03-02-2017, 09:18 AM

I didn't realize Parker was that old. Thanks.

I'd like to see some of 2016s secondary picks flush that position out, but that is purely selfish as there will be a LOT of wasted picks if none of them work out.