PDA

View Full Version : KSU Big Fire in Aggieville

gblowfish
03-02-2017, 09:20 AM
Sorry to see this. Hope the majority of the district is OK and everyone is safe.

http://www.kctv5.com/story/34646486/crews-fight-fire-in-aggieville-district-in-manhattan

Fish
03-02-2017, 09:21 AM
That's too bad. I've purchased books from there.

They used to have a couple cats living in the store too. Hope the cats didn't get cooked...

Buehler445
03-02-2017, 09:22 AM
Yikes. It sucks. I was in Emporia when Bruffs burnt down, and it was never really the same in that part of the world after that. It's obviously not aggieville, but Fire is serious man.

Dante84
03-02-2017, 09:23 AM
Apparently it was abandoned, so no one lost their business, which is good.

Titty Meat
03-02-2017, 09:25 AM
Tubbys is dope

Fish
03-02-2017, 09:32 AM
Yikes. It sucks. I was in Emporia when Bruffs burnt down, and it was never really the same in that part of the world after that. It's obviously not aggieville, but Fire is serious man.

Didn't the owner burn it down himself? Or was that just a rumor?

I once worked at the Pyramid Pizza across the street. Didn't like Bruff's much, but hung out at the little Irish place next door.

Buehler445
03-02-2017, 09:52 AM
Didn't the owner burn it down himself? Or was that just a rumor?

I once worked at the Pyramid Pizza across the street. Didn't like Bruff's much, but hung out at the little Irish place next door.

I don't think so. It was a grease fire.

If the owner did it intentionally he did a shitty job of planning for it. He reopened a different location 18 months or so later, but it hasn't been nearly as successful. You'd think he'd have a better exit strategy than that.

Pyramid huh? I used to LOVE that place.

You hung out at the place next to Pyramid or place next to Bruffs?

Fansy the Famous Bard
03-02-2017, 09:56 AM
Has anyone confirmed the whereabouts of Josh Jackson or Lagerald Vick early this morning?

Fish
03-02-2017, 10:07 AM
I don't think so. It was a grease fire.

If the owner did it intentionally he did a shitty job of planning for it. He reopened a different location 18 months or so later, but it hasn't been nearly as successful. You'd think he'd have a better exit strategy than that.

Pyramid huh? I used to LOVE that place.

You hung out at the place next to Pyramid or place next to Bruffs?

The rumor from my bosses at Pyramid was that the owner did it for insurance money. I'm sure you're right.

I hung out at the place next to Bruffs. Can't remember the name. Had a couple friends who worked there. They used to do a "Break the seal" night where drafts were $0.50 from 5pm until the first person entered the bathroom to piss.

Buehler445
03-02-2017, 12:10 PM
The rumor from my bosses at Pyramid was that the owner did it for insurance money. I'm sure you're right.

I hung out at the place next to Bruffs. Can't remember the name. Had a couple friends who worked there. They used to do a "Break the seal" night where drafts were $0.50 from 5pm until the first person entered the bathroom to piss.

That's amazing.

I don't remember what used to be there, but I don't think it was an irish place when I was there.

And it definitely could have been intentional. I was a long way from anybody that would be in the know.

Mr_Tomahawk
03-02-2017, 12:49 PM
It started in a dumpster...

KS Smitty
03-02-2017, 04:53 PM
The Dusty Bookshelf was closed for remodeling, the cat was living in Threads (the t-shirt store next door) and was found safe although Threads and Varsity Donuts suffered smoke damage. The store was mostly empty due to the remodel going on.

gblowfish
03-02-2017, 07:30 PM
The Dusty Bookshelf was closed for remodeling, the cat was living in Threads (the t-shirt store next door) and was found safe although Threads and Varsity Donuts suffered smoke damage. The store was mostly empty due to the remodel going on.

I'm glad the people...and the kitty....are ok.

Titty Meat
03-02-2017, 08:06 PM
Varsity donuts is damn good

Fish
03-02-2017, 11:36 PM
That's amazing.

I don't remember what used to be there, but I don't think it was an irish place when I was there.

And it definitely could have been intentional. I was a long way from anybody that would be in the know.

OK, just heard back from my buddy I worked with at Pyramid. The bar was Turtles. And I got the drink special wrong too, it was "25 cent draws or dollar pitchers until somebody pissed. The bladder buster!" LOL...

Buehler445
03-03-2017, 12:17 AM
LOL. Yeah that was gone by the time I was there. That'd be a good time. I damn sure wouldn't be the fucker that killed it. $.25 man. That's amazing.

Fish
03-03-2017, 12:49 AM
They were 12oz plastic cups, and the short plastic pitchers. But still..... good times... hard on an engineering degree...

Boiled Chicken
03-03-2017, 04:56 AM
OK, just heard back from my buddy I worked with at Pyramid. The bar was Turtles. And I got the drink special wrong too, it was "25 cent draws or dollar pitchers until somebody pissed. The bladder buster!" LOL...

$1 schooners! What was the other starter bar on 12th? Lewis and Clarks was across the street, but moved to the movie theater...not sure if it's still around.

oldman
03-03-2017, 07:49 AM
I remember 25 cent draws and $1 pitchers and my old college hangout. Of course it was the 60s -----