PDA

View Full Version : RB early?

RunKC
03-02-2017, 10:13 AM
Brandon Kiley

Peter King on The Tony Kornheiser Podcast, while talking about Jamaal Charles: "I happen to think (the #Chiefs) will take a RB fairly high."

Sign me up for this

The Franchise
03-02-2017, 10:17 AM
I'd love to have Kamara in the backfield.

raybec 4
03-02-2017, 10:27 AM
I'd love to have Kamara in the backfield.

Yup, I'd take Cook obviously but Kamara, Mack of Foreman would be good.

Kiimo
03-02-2017, 01:00 PM
Where do I sign up for the Draft Cook #1 thread?

O.city
03-02-2017, 01:01 PM
It's gonna be McCaffrey isn't it? Yep, it's gonna be him.

Kiimo
03-02-2017, 01:02 PM
Cook is so much better.

Buehler445
03-02-2017, 01:21 PM
Out unless there isn't shit for DL, WR, secondary in the first. And if there is a QB they like, does t matter where they are slotted, you have to go get him there.

Maybe if Cook over some middling guys at other positions. He's going to be good, but the drop off between who will be there in the first and who is going to be there in the third isn't that great.

O.city
03-02-2017, 01:24 PM
Out unless there isn't shit for DL, WR, secondary in the first. And if there is a QB they like, does t matter where they are slotted, you have to go get him there.

Maybe if Cook over some middling guys at other positions. He's going to be good, but the drop off between who will be there in the first and who is going to be there in the third isn't that great.

True, but I kind of feel that way about alot of positions in this draft.

Every guy I figure will be there for the chiefs at 27 looks good, then I think, "damn, is he that much better than player x who'll be there in round 3"?

They need to look for big impact at 27. Someone that falls for stupid reasons.

Kiimo
03-02-2017, 02:01 PM

DL, WR and secondary in the later rounds. I feel like if Cook is there you simply have to take him. He's electric.

BryanBusby
03-02-2017, 04:13 PM
Cook is so much better.
No way he lasts that long though.

Can't see both the Colts and the Ravens passing on Cook.

Kiimo
03-02-2017, 04:20 PM
McCafferey just did 10 whole reps on bench.

Cook did 22.

KChiefs1
03-02-2017, 04:20 PM
Where do I sign up for the Draft Cook #1 thread?

https://youtu.be/zbm6EwXAy5A

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BryanBusby
03-02-2017, 04:25 PM
If the Chiefs aren't going to draft a QB, and I feel pretty confident that they are stupid enough to do this, I'm all for doing whatever it takes to keep the ball out of Alex Smiths hands.

Kiimo
03-02-2017, 04:27 PM
But the thing is, this is a GREAT draft for running backs and a terrible one for quarterbacks.

BryanBusby
03-02-2017, 04:28 PM
It's really not a terrible draft for Quarterbacks. It's a silly notion by people who can't recall 4 years ago.

The concept of it being a great RB draft would make me lean towards insisting on why feeling the need to spend top pick on one when the class is stacked.

RunKC
03-02-2017, 04:35 PM
I want Wayne Gallman and I want him bad. Amazing burst, 6 ft 215 lb frame. Watch the tape.

This guy is the electric athlete we need to replace Jamaal.

Kiimo
03-02-2017, 04:40 PM
It's probably our biggest need now. Have you watched Cook highlights? The similarity to Charles is shocking.

BryanBusby
03-02-2017, 04:47 PM
Cook is most likely a top 20 pick.

Dave Lane
03-02-2017, 05:05 PM
Brandon Kiley

Peter King on The Tony Kornheiser Podcast, while talking about Jamaal Charles: "I happen to think (the #Chiefs) will take a RB fairly high."

Sign me up for this

One round after we take a QB is perfect for me.

Dave Lane
03-02-2017, 05:07 PM
It's really not a terrible draft for Quarterbacks. It's a silly notion by people who can't recall 4 years ago.

The concept of it being a great RB draft would make me lean towards insisting on why feeling the need to spend top pick on one when the class is stacked.

This.

BryanBusby
03-02-2017, 05:11 PM
I think one of their 3rd round choices is the ideal sweet spot to take a back, maybe package the turd bowl of late round picks to move up here if necessary to land a back like Kareem Hunt. Hell, I'd even advocate rolling the dice on Mixon. *

Leave the first two choices for QB and DL.

* Yeah, I was very critical about them taking Hill. By now the Pandora box has already long been opened, they survived it, and I think Mixon is actually genuinely remorseful about the situation. Well, he at least has put on a good enough act.

RunKC
03-02-2017, 05:45 PM
Yup. Wayne Gallman rd 3. Make it happen, John