PDA

View Full Version : Bucky Brooks' latest mock has us getting Reuben Foster at 27

Willie Lanier
03-02-2017, 11:21 AM
Please god let this happen

Dante84
03-02-2017, 11:43 AM
Fuck me.

That's a pipe dream.

But dear god.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/w1mXBHGBLKE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sandy Vagina
03-02-2017, 11:51 AM
Would be AMAZING... but for him to be available there... have to wonder what is off about him.

Scooter LaCanforno
03-02-2017, 04:36 PM
My Dog can make more accurate picks than Bucky Brooks.

bsp4444
03-02-2017, 04:45 PM
Looks like half of those plays would get flagged for leading with the helmet.

Chief Northman
03-02-2017, 07:45 PM
Jizz everywhere

Hog's Gone Fishin
03-02-2017, 09:39 PM
Jizz everywhere

Quit wasting !

Dante84
03-02-2017, 09:54 PM
I swear to God I wouldn't be upset if we traded up 10-15 spots to get him.

iSavedLatin
03-02-2017, 10:05 PM

He tackles like that quite a bit, which is why he's suffered multiple concussions and several stingers. Red flags?

Chief Northman
03-02-2017, 10:28 PM
Quit wasting !

Heh.

Spoken like a man with his artificial insemination credentials!

Pitt Gorilla
03-02-2017, 10:54 PM
Dude hates ery'body.

SAGA45
03-03-2017, 12:45 AM
He tackles like that quite a bit, which is why he's suffered multiple concussions and several stingers. Red flags?

I don't think teams will care. His talent overrides the risk. They'll use him up until concussions abruptly end his career. Will probably be forced to retire before he turns 30.

KChiefs1
03-03-2017, 07:50 AM
Sign me up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Franchise
03-03-2017, 10:30 AM
Is he an Alabama player that will actually be good in the NFL like Julio Jones?

Or is an Alabama player that won't amount to shit? List is to long to name.

Fansy the Famous Bard
03-03-2017, 11:25 AM
Foster is one of my favorite players in the draft, regardless of position. That being said, if he lasts past 15, Prison Bitch will eat his hat.

raybec 4
03-03-2017, 11:36 AM
He'd be a good get but he won't be there. It's a pretty good draft for ILB though. Foster, Reddick, Cunningham, Davis, Anzalone, McMillanwould all be day 1 starters if DJ can't go.

KChiefs1
03-03-2017, 12:52 PM
He'd be a good get but he won't be there. It's a pretty good draft for ILB though. Foster, Reddick, Cunningham, Davis, Anzalone, McMillanwould all be day 1 starters if DJ can't go.

You need to give up on DJ dream. He was slowing down before he got hurt & I believe he should retire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Urc Burry
03-03-2017, 09:31 PM
Schaffer-
Bama's Reuben Foster, a potential top-10 pick, is being sent home from combine for heated argument with a hospital worker, sources tell ESPN
:hmmm:

Sandy Vagina
03-03-2017, 09:34 PM
Schaffer-
Bama's Reuben Foster, a potential top-10 pick, is being sent home from combine for heated argument with a hospital worker, sources tell ESPN

Holy shit! dude not kidding?

https://twitter.com/adamschefter

Reuben Foster was scheduled to do team interviews tonight and team tests Saturday; now scheduled to fly home to Tuscaloosa on Saturday.

Bowser
03-03-2017, 09:38 PM
Schaffer-

What the hell?

Urc Burry
03-03-2017, 09:40 PM
Holy shit! dude not kidding?

https://twitter.com/adamschefter

Yeah. No idea. If it's with a medical team I'm guessing he wasn't happy with a diagnosis. Like a degenerative knee or something? Beats me

Dante84
03-03-2017, 10:22 PM
Maybe doesn't like shots?

Seriously though... please slide down the board!!

Sandy Vagina
03-03-2017, 10:26 PM
Maybe doesn't like shots?

Seriously though... please slide down the board!!

Yeah maybe. Don't need to waste another huge chunk of resources to another brokedick ILB though.

we'll see.... :shrug:

Chief Roundup
03-04-2017, 06:20 PM

I noticed one when specifically looking for him leading with the helmet. You need to watch that again or you have no idea what is leading with the helmet.

prhom
03-04-2017, 10:18 PM
That's an insane highlight reel he's got. I don't watch college football and had never heard of him. He looks like a guy who could make us forget about losing DJ.

Chiefshrink
03-05-2017, 12:54 PM
Or is an Alabama player that won't amount to shit? List is to long to name.

Excellent point Pest !!

I have a theory about that and I believe that Saban runs such an intense tight ship that is NFL caliber that by the time they get to the NFL they are somewhat already "burned out" because they never "had fun" actually playing the game in college. And I will also add the culture of the South as well where HS football is bigger than Jesus that is their religion primes the pump in being burned out by the time they get to the NFL.

Does Saban 'ever smile' ???:shrug:

dj56dt58
03-07-2017, 01:41 PM
Dude plays like he downs about 7 cans of red bull before the game

ModSocks
03-07-2017, 06:22 PM
Holy shit, he leads with his helmet a lot. He looks like he's gonna break his own damn neck on some of those plays.

But fuck he hits like a true ILB. He certainly looks the part. He also looks a little slow footed. Maybe he slips due to concussion history and limitations in coverage?

He looks like a strictly downhill ILB to me.

staylor26
03-07-2017, 06:39 PM
Holy shit, he leads with his helmet a lot. He looks like he's gonna break his own damn neck on some of those plays.

But **** he hits like a true ILB. He certainly looks the part. He also looks a little slow footed. Maybe he slips due to concussion history and limitations in coverage?

No, Foster is a 3 down ILB. He's not excellent in coverage, but he's more than adequate. He wouldn't be a unaminious top 15 player if he weren't.

Chief Northman
03-07-2017, 07:04 PM

But **** he hits like a true ILB. He certainly looks the part. He also looks a little slow footed. Maybe he slips due to concussion history and limitations in coverage?

Dude, do you even football?

Slow-footed? He makes up for any perceived lack of speed by always going to the right spot with his first step. He sniffs out plays before they happen. Destroys blocks and finds the ball. He was a huge eraser on that Bama defense who cleaned up mistakes by other players. His coverage while not the best part of his game is certainly not poor.

Game changer.

Sandy Vagina
03-07-2017, 07:30 PM
Still a fan, but I would rather stay at 27 and select Reddick versus move up several or more spots for Foster.

* if Reddick is even available there anymore

Willie Lanier
03-07-2017, 09:59 PM
I still want him to fall to us...

He's a young immature kid that made a mistake in overraing his status.

Hell who wasn't that way when they were young stupid kids?

raybec 4
03-07-2017, 10:46 PM
Still a fan, but I would rather stay at 27 and select Reddick versus move up several or more spots for Foster.

* if Reddick is even available there anymore

After his combine Reddick won't be there at 27. OTOH, after Cunningham sucked it up at the combine he will be there.

Couch-Potato
03-08-2017, 07:53 AM
Would we consider moving up for him? Would we consider moving up at all to around 15-18?

Fansy the Famous Bard
03-08-2017, 08:43 AM
Would we consider moving up for him? Would we consider moving up at all to around 15-18?

I wouldn't move up to get Foster, but would definitely consider him were he to fall to 27.

RippedmyFlesh
03-08-2017, 08:49 AM
Excellent point Pest !!

I have a theory about that and I believe that Saban runs such an intense tight ship that is NFL caliber that by the time they get to the NFL they are somewhat already "burned out" because they never "had fun" actually playing the game in college. And I will also add the culture of the South as well where HS football is bigger than Jesus that is their religion primes the pump in being burned out by the time they get to the NFL.

Does Saban 'ever smile' ???:shrug:

I don't blame saban his job is to win not prepare guys for the nfl.
It seems like at some point college in general said screw you to the nfl
to the point where constructing a winning scheme for college is more important than preparing for the nfl. Used to be sending guys to the nfl was one of the best recruiting pitches you could make.

raybec 4
03-08-2017, 11:29 AM
I don't blame saban his job is to win not prepare guys for the nfl.
It seems like at some point college in general said screw you to the nfl
to the point where constructing a winning scheme for college is more important than preparing for the nfl. Used to be sending guys to the nfl was one of the best recruiting pitches you could make.

I'm sure it still is. But these coaches still have to win. No one wants to go to Missouri State if they get a chance to go to Clemson or Bama. Winning sends guys to the NFL just as much as talent does. Shit, Vince Young, Matt Leinert and a lot of other guys got to the NFL because they won in college.

Chiefnj2
03-08-2017, 12:03 PM
Excellent point Pest !!

I have a theory about that and I believe that Saban runs such an intense tight ship that is NFL caliber that by the time they get to the NFL they are somewhat already "burned out" because they never "had fun" actually playing the game in college. :

I think Bama football players have tons of fun that gets covered up.

Williams was arrested for illegal gun possession while pulled over for smoking pot. He also admitted he failed a "few" drug tests at Alabama.

Foster is pulling the "do you know who I am card" before actually being someone and then gets on social media about it.

Tackle Robinson and backup CB Jones "were arrested after police officers approached their car in a parking lot and smelled marijuana coming from inside the vehicle. There was a bag of marijuana on the driver’s side floorboard, a handgun in Jones’s lap, and a stolen handgun underneath Robinson’s seat, police say."

Miraculously, charges were dropped against Robinson and Jones.

kccrow
03-08-2017, 05:52 PM
After his combine Reddick won't be there at 27. OTOH, after Cunningham sucked it up at the combine he will be there.

Cunningham sucked it up at the combine? Really? We were looking at different numbers then. Cunningham did well at the combine.

Sandy Vagina
03-08-2017, 05:58 PM
Cunningham did well at the Combine, but I never really thought of him as 1st rd worthy anyway. KC doesn't need another poor tackler. Not as big a fan of him in a 34D. Mid-late 2nd rounder, imho.

Chief Northman
03-08-2017, 06:25 PM
Any word on how Foster's pro-day went today?

All I saw was Mixon's 40 time.....

The Franchise
03-08-2017, 06:50 PM

As far as I know....Alabama didn't have their pro day. It was only Oklahoma.

Chiefnj2
03-08-2017, 10:21 PM

Alabama had their pro day.
Foster didn't run. He had surgery. He wasn't supposed to run at the combine, or pro day.