PDA

View Full Version : Football Bills lean towards cutting Tyrod Taylor

RunKC
03-03-2017, 09:31 AM
The Buffalo News' Vic Carucci reports the sense from the Combine is that the Bills are leaning toward moving on from Tyrod Taylor.
The Bills can't seem to make up their mind, and reports have been flip-flopping back and forth on this subject for weeks. Speaking at the Combine, coach Sean McDermott would only say the organization is still evaluating Taylor. Per Carucci, if the $30.75 million guaranteed wasn't tied to Taylor over the next two years, the Bills would likely be bringing him back for 2017. Taylor has been unwilling to renegotiate his contract. The 49ers, Browns, and Jets are expected to show interest in Taylor if he ends up being released by Buffalo.

http://tinyurl.com/zq4l648

Another team that will need a QB. Mahommes isn't even gonna be there at 20. No QB's left for us.

Eleazar
03-03-2017, 09:37 AM
Another team that will need a QB. Mahommes isn't even gonna be there at 20. No QB's left for us.

We aren't spending our first on a QB when the FO thinks we are "a player or two away". They are far more likely to pick someone they think can make an immediate impact.

The Franchise
03-03-2017, 09:54 AM
Rather have Taylor over Smith.

raybec 4
03-03-2017, 09:56 AM

No question

In58men
03-03-2017, 09:59 AM
No thanks, done with hand-me-down QBs.

ChiTown
03-03-2017, 10:00 AM

That's like saying you have the smarter retard on your team. Congrats?

Tribal Warfare
03-03-2017, 10:07 AM

Where did you get that?

MahiMike
03-03-2017, 10:08 AM
There's gonna be so many rebound QBs this year it will affect the draft.

Kaep
Manziel
Tyrod
Romo
etc

In58men
03-03-2017, 10:11 AM
There's gonna be so many rebound QBs this year it will affect the draft.

Kaep
Manziel
Tyrod
Romo
etc

Forgot Foles :D

ChiliConCarnage
03-03-2017, 10:37 AM
I'm not sure I'd want us to draft a QB at 27. Outside of Rodgers who could have been no. 1 and then slid all the way into the 20's, I can't think of many QBs in the second half of the first that ended up a hit. Flacco went 18 and is the only other "recent" example I can think of past the middle of the 1st.

Weeden, Tebow, JP Losman, Grossman, Josh Freeman, Brady Quinn, Kyle Boller
I can't think of many guys selected in the first round but after the early teens that turned out great. Just remembered Manziel! EJ Manuel was somewhere in the mid-teens too

BossChief
03-03-2017, 10:37 AM
Forgot Foles :D

And cutler

Eleazar
03-03-2017, 10:44 AM
I'm not sure I'd want us to draft a QB at 27. Outside of Rodgers who could have been no. 1 and then slid all the way into the 20's, I can't think of many QBs in the second half of the first that ended up a hit. Flacco went 18 and is the only other "recent" example I can think of past the middle of the 1st.

I can't think of many guys selected in the first round but after the early teens that turned out great. Just remembered Manziel! EJ Manuel was somewhere in the mid-teens too

If we're going to do it, then we target the right guy in the right year, and move up to get him. Don't do this for a CP-like desperation "just draft anyone in the first" kind of selection.

When you draft a QB high, you basically are devoting 3-4 years of your franchise to them. I don't want us to do that for a tweener who might have a second round grade on them.

pugsnotdrugs19
03-03-2017, 11:02 AM
The closer we get, I suspect that the only way KC walks out of the 1st round with a QB is if Watson falls. He seems to fit what Andy would want. Shows a lot of the traits that Alex does on tape, though his ceiling is obviously way higher.

Personally, I would be a little concerned about drafting Watson, but excited nonetheless. Behind Mahomes, he would be my next reasonable pick for the Chiefs.

The Franchise
03-03-2017, 11:08 AM
The closer we get, I suspect that the only way KC walks out of the 1st round with a QB is if Watson falls. He seems to fit what Andy would want. Shows a lot of the traits that Alex does on tape, though his ceiling is obviously way higher.

Personally, I would be a little concerned about drafting Watson, but excited nonetheless. Behind Mahomes, he would be my next reasonable pick for the Chiefs.

I'm hoping that, somehow, Kizer falls.

ThaVirus
03-03-2017, 11:12 AM

Too risky

raybec 4
03-03-2017, 11:20 AM

I bet Watson is the first QB off the board.

sedated
03-03-2017, 11:21 AM
I'd take TT in a second if he signs for half of what Smith is making. They are essentially the same player.

raybec 4
03-03-2017, 11:24 AM
I'd take TT in a second if he signs for half of what Smith is making. They are essentially the same player.

He's definitely not the long term answer, neither is Smith though.

notorious
03-03-2017, 11:32 AM

Tyrod takes more shots downfield, and isn't as good of a short passer as Alex.

He also takes a lot of hits, but so does Alex.

ChiliConCarnage
03-03-2017, 11:32 AM
If we're going to do it, then we target the right guy in the right year, and move up to get him. Don't do this for a CP-like desperation "just draft anyone in the first" kind of selection.

When you draft a QB high, you basically are devoting 3-4 years of your franchise to them. I don't want us to do that for a tweener who might have a second round grade on them.

Yeah, that's what I mean. I'd be ecstatic if they moved up for somebody they believed in.

pugsnotdrugs19
03-03-2017, 11:36 AM
He's definitely not the long term answer, neither is Smith though.

The Browns are giving serious consideration to Trubisky at #1 overall. Sounds like one way or another he will be first.

raybec 4
03-03-2017, 11:38 AM
The Browns are giving serious consideration to Trubisky at #1 overall. Sounds like one way or another he will be first.

It's so much smoke from now until the draft, it's impossible to tell what's true and what is a show. I am excited to see how it unfolds.

Eleazar
03-03-2017, 11:39 AM
The Browns are giving serious consideration to Trubisky at #1 overall.

LMAO he is probably contemplating picking up a minor weed charge to drop his stock a little.

The Franchise
03-03-2017, 11:46 AM

Fuck they're stupid. Take Garrett #1 and then move up for a QB from 12 if there is one you want. The would have Collins AND Garrett at LB.

jspchief
03-03-2017, 12:23 PM
If he wanted to play that cheap, Buffalo wouldn't be getting rid of him...

Rausch
03-03-2017, 12:26 PM
Yeah, that's what I mean. I'd be ecstatic if they moved up for somebody they believed in.

Watch Reid move up for the Kizer...:D

Chief_For_Life58
03-03-2017, 01:13 PM
I understand the "were one or 2 players away mentality " but the 1 player were missing is a fucking qb. trade up, draft mahomes, let alex play this season and win 9 games, dont sign any fa, save money, cut his ass, give team to mahomes and see if the kid can win, if not, rinse and repeat until we find a fucking top 7 qb or youre not winning shit in the nfl anymore. its a passing league. a god damn 7 on 7 league now. You dont have a top qb you aint winnin shit. thank you and god bless

sedated
03-03-2017, 01:21 PM
If he wanted to play that cheap, Buffalo wouldn't be getting rid of him...

I was under the impression it was 2 years of guaranteed money that have Buffalo ready to dump him. But it is true that even mediocre QBs are breaking the bank.

Buffalo has played this better than KC did with Smith and Cassel - not sure about a guy so sign him to a deal that will let you see his ceiling before deciding whether to dump him for little to nothing. We got stuck with guys for 4-5 years and still had dead money.

Coochie liquor
03-03-2017, 05:27 PM
We aren't spending our first on a QB when the FO thinks we are "a player or two away". They are far more likely to pick someone they think can make an immediate impact.

Dorsey doesn't always seem to go with a player that will make an immediate impact in the first. Peters was an outlier because he was ready quickly. But Fissure and Ford were both project players.

Coochie liquor
03-03-2017, 05:31 PM

Most of the players you mention went to a bad situation as far as teams go. Id like to think we have a better situation with system, the team that's already in place, stability, and coaching than most of those qb's were drafted into. But maybe I'm homering it up...

TribalElder
03-03-2017, 05:32 PM
Bills should just cut their wrists

LMAO

Eureka
03-03-2017, 06:36 PM

Could be like the Raiders and draft someone like Carr in the 2nd!

mdchiefsfan
03-03-2017, 08:34 PM
Could be like the Raiders and draft someone like Carr in the 2nd!

Russell Wilson 75th pick; 3rd rd.

RealSNR
03-03-2017, 08:43 PM

"The right guy in the right year" is never around for us. Andy Reid is going to keep us drafting in the lower 1st for years. When that "right guy" comes around, who the hell is going to accept our offer to move up and get him? That guy is going to get taken before Dorsey can even pick up the damn phone.

We're gonna need a down year to even approach a "right guy" kind of player that so many people think will come to us one day.

Pasta Little Brioni
03-03-2017, 09:14 PM
Only a moron would want this turd