PDA

View Full Version : Jabril Peppers

O.city
03-03-2017, 04:41 PM
So Dorsey talked about him a little this weekend apparently, so I thought we could too.

Is he a safety or a linebacker? With as much nickel and dime as the chiefs play, he's interesting to me next to dj in there.

Thoughts

RippedmyFlesh
03-03-2017, 04:49 PM
I don't like him for us. A safety whos a gimmick o player. He could return kicks also. We just don't need what he brings. We have the best safety in football. A jag next to berry is good enough.

Sfeihc
03-03-2017, 04:49 PM
PURE STUD

O.city
03-03-2017, 04:53 PM
He'd have to play more the deone Buchanon role at ilb/safety.

I dunno, just tossing around an idea

Mr. Laz
03-03-2017, 04:57 PM
Peppers with Berry would allow us to shift safeties around without hurting our run defense.

Willie Lanier
03-03-2017, 09:04 PM
I see him as a safety first, that can slide into the box and play nickel lb if needed...

Sounds an awful lot like the player we just paid 78 mil for, so I don't see him as a fit (but that's just me)

Urc Burry
03-03-2017, 10:07 PM
I see him as a safety first, that can slide into the box and play nickel lb if needed...

Sounds an awful lot like the player we just paid 78 mil for, so I don't see him as a fit (but that's just me)

:rolleyes:
They're not similar players at all. Peppers would strictly be a SS/Dime backer. Berry can obviously do that. But he's also an all pro as a deep safety. If you want to do comparisons Peppers would be a not as physical Kam, where as Berry can do the job at that spot or the deep spot ala Earl Thomas. What makes Berry so special is his versatility.

I'm indifferent on Peppers. I think he would have a spot on this defense, but he isn't going to be on the field more than 65% of the time. I feel like a first rounder could be put to better use

Willie Lanier
03-03-2017, 11:09 PM
:rolleyes:
They're not similar players at all. Peppers would strictly be a SS/Dime backer. Berry can obviously do that. But he's also an all pro as a deep safety. If you want to do comparisons Peppers would be a not as physical Kam, where as Berry can do the job at that spot or the deep spot ala Earl Thomas. What makes Berry so special is his versatility.

I'm indifferent on Peppers. I think he would have a spot on this defense, but he isn't going to be on the field more than 65% of the time. I feel like a first rounder could be put to better use

Um, that wasnt a shot at Berry (he is my current favorite chief) and I'm very aware of his versatility

Just an observation that he wouldn't have a role here

Chiefshrink
03-05-2017, 01:03 PM
The Donkeys love Peppers and need a desperate return man as well and the last thing they need is to keep their 2ndary strong. The question I have can Budda play corner as well? Or is he strictly a safety only?

Mr. Laz
03-05-2017, 03:02 PM

He's is athletic and flexible like Berry but since we have moved Berry back to FS we have room for Peppers.

Berry is a FS/SS
Peppers is a SS/LB

It's a lot of resources to put at safety but we could definitely use him.

RippedmyFlesh
03-05-2017, 04:59 PM
We don't need a returner so I think other teams would get more value from him. Draft a safety later and have berry coach him up.

philfree
03-05-2017, 09:36 PM
If Peppers slips to #27 we'd be fool not to take that kind of talent. He won't.

Mr. Laz
03-05-2017, 11:12 PM
If Peppers slips to #27 we'd be fool not to take that kind of talent. He won't.
Berry and Peppers roaming our secondary would be awesome.

see Seattle

improve our ILBs as well and we might actually have an elite defense instead of just talking about having one

Having Mitchell turn out to be more than a 1-year wonder would help too.

RunKC
03-06-2017, 02:40 PM
Give me Obi Melifonwu over Jabril Peppers all day.

raybec 4
03-06-2017, 02:49 PM
Depends on who else is available at 27, but he would be a great pick and a day 1 contributor

DJ's left nut
03-06-2017, 03:13 PM
Since Berry has been re-signed, I like Baker as a complement to Berry more than Peppers.

Berry can play FS and single-high, but it's not his strength. He's fine in coverage, but he's not exceptional.

If I'm looking for another S, I'm looking for one that plays FS and allows Berry to stay in his more dynamic hybrid SS role. If you try to pigeonhole Berry into a single-high safety, you're undermining his versatility.

Peppers would serve to supplant Berry in his current role and move Berry into Parkers - frankly, I don't see the point. Sure, Parker is replaced by a better run-support safety but Berry isn't an improvement on Parker in coverage. Moreover, you're giving some of those gains back with Peppers, who is good in run support but he isn't Berry.

Why not just leave Berry where he is and if you're looking for a more physical version of Parker, go find a more physical version of Parker. If that's what you're after, Baker is your guy.

RunKC
03-06-2017, 03:13 PM
Yeah I can't sign off on this guy. 1 INT in 3 years? Same as Mackensie Alexander last year. Not a difference maker in the passing game IMO.

kccrow
03-06-2017, 05:16 PM
Marcus Williams out of Utah is still my #1 choice in round 2 to supplant Parker at FS. Kid is a coverage freak and ballhawk.

Mr. Laz
03-06-2017, 05:19 PM
Marcus Williams out of Utah is still my #1 choice in round 2 to supplant Parker at FS. Kid is a coverage freak and ballhawk.
Eric Berry is our Free Safety.

Ron Parker at SS is the position that needs to be upgraded. Imo.

Mr. Laz
03-06-2017, 05:20 PM
Since Berry has been re-signed, I like Baker as a complement to Berry more than Peppers.

Berry can play FS and single-high, but it's not his strength. He's fine in coverage, but he's not exceptional.

If I'm looking for another S, I'm looking for one that plays FS and allows Berry to stay in his more dynamic hybrid SS role. If you try to pigeonhole Berry into a single-high safety, you're undermining his versatility.

Peppers would serve to supplant Berry in his current role and move Berry into Parkers - frankly, I don't see the point. Sure, Parker is replaced by a better run-support safety but Berry isn't an improvement on Parker in coverage. Moreover, you're giving some of those gains back with Peppers, who is good in run support but he isn't Berry.

Why not just leave Berry where he is and if you're looking for a more physical version of Parker, go find a more physical version of Parker. If that's what you're after, Baker is your guy.
after giving Berry 14 billion dollars, they aren't going to move him back to SS.

That ship as sailed.

RunKC
03-06-2017, 05:27 PM

Parker doesn't play SS very often, if at all. Sorenson/Berry have and probably will continue to play SS with Eric Murray as depth.

kccrow
03-06-2017, 05:49 PM

K, by depth chart maybe. Our coverage safety is Parker. Period.

Hog's Gone Fishin
03-06-2017, 05:58 PM
We need a Rb, LB and CB so if he fits in there then yes. Baker would give us the best secondary in the NFL., but we really need to nail a top notch ILB.

DJ's left nut
03-06-2017, 05:59 PM
after giving Berry 14 billion dollars, they aren't going to move him back to SS.

That ship as sailed.

He plays SS.

You can continue to glom on do the depth chart if you want, but this system doesn't utilize a FS/SS designation like a conventional defense does.

Parker is a single-high coverage safety and Berry is a box/hybrid safety. They never give Parker box responsibility and haven't for 3 seasons. Berry, meanwhile, rarely if ever plays single high.

You can look at the depth chart all you want but it's not how they use them. If you're drafting Peppers, it's to replace Berry's role on the team and slide Berry into a single-high coverage role. That's silly.

Berry's perfect being used how he is and frankly Parker's being used precisely how he should be as well. You'd just like to see a more sure tackler out there. You don't need to move Berry out of his position to do it.

Don't be a slave to out-dated Madden Football positions; that's not how this defense works. And if you're going to use them, Berry is the 'SS' in role and Parker is the 'FS' in role, regardless of what the depth chart says.

staylor26
03-06-2017, 06:02 PM
Laz is such a fucking idiot ROFL

DJ's left nut
03-06-2017, 06:04 PM
Laz is such a fucking idiot ROFL

Eric Berry is so good in Laz's world that he can play outside linebacker AND single-high safety.

Dude must think Eric Berry is a fucking god.

BryanBusby
03-06-2017, 06:12 PM
He looks mostly lost when he's out in space and it seems like quite a waste to have him playing Defense. Would rather have the ball in his hands.

staylor26
03-06-2017, 06:26 PM
Eric Berry is so good in Laz's world that he can play outside linebacker AND single-high safety.

Dude must think Eric Berry is a ****ing god.

LMAO

Sfeihc
03-06-2017, 07:55 PM
Peppers can play anywhere this year and still be our QBOTF for 2018 to replace Smith.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk