PDA

View Full Version : Football Free Agency begins today, sort of.

Pages : [1] 2 3

Coogs
03-07-2017, 06:24 AM
Teams can work out deals starting today, but deals can't be signed until Thursday at 4:00 PM Eastern Time. Teams also have to be under the top 51 Cap number at that same time Thursday.

Coogs
03-07-2017, 06:40 AM
One of the things I heard last night on NFL radio was that the Bears have an interest in Mike Glennon from the Buccs. If that is the case, it increases the odds of a QB making it to #27.

ptlyon
03-07-2017, 06:48 AM
Wake up Romo, John is on the phone

Red Dawg
03-07-2017, 06:57 AM
Peterson and Brandon will sell out and be Pats in a few days.

Nothing will be better for football than Brady quitting or getting injured. So sick of the same shit every year.

Red Dawg
03-07-2017, 06:58 AM
One of the things I heard last night on NFL radio was that the Bears have an interest in Mike Glennon from the Buccs. If that is the case, it increases the odds of a QB making it to #27.

So? We won't take one. My opinion is CB or ILB.

Mile High Mania
03-07-2017, 08:04 AM
Wake up Romo, John is on the phone

Cowboys have to decide if they are going to cut him before or after June 1.

If I read it correctly, they free up $5M and take a $19M dead hit in 2017 by cutting him prior to June 1. After June 1, they can split the dead hit and have more cap room.

So, Jerry has a big call to make here... the shrewd business man says he waits until after June 1, but if he wants to do right by Tony, he'll do it earlier.

And, what do you think Jerry will do?

oldman
03-07-2017, 08:18 AM
Does any know where we stand with our own RFAs?

Bowser
03-07-2017, 08:18 AM
Jerruh is all about Jerruh. If Romo had won him a title or two, things might shake out a bit differently.

ChiefGator
03-07-2017, 08:21 AM
Yep.. my only hope is too see lots of QB movement before the draft, so we have a pick of a couple at #27.

BossChief
03-07-2017, 08:24 AM
I've heard all sides of the Romo deal.

1) JJ wants Romo to be involved with the Cowboys after retirement, so that makes me believe he will grant his release soon so his friend can go elsewhere and have a wide open market bidding for his services.

2) keeping him on the roster till June 1st or designating him a June 1st cut keeps his full salary on the books till June 2nd...limiting how much Dallas can do to improve their roster. I don't see how that helps anyone. By that time FA is over as well as the draft and JJ would be releasing Romo when teams have already decided the direction they are going at QB. It would also hurt Romo because his options would be limited (therefore limiting his earning potential) and it would force him to miss OTAs and stuff with his new team.

3) trading or cutting him would excellerate the dead money right away...clearing 5m in cap space and adding compensation in terms of a pick.

If I'm Jerry Jones, I have a huge decision to make...if I'm in his shoes, I'd probably cut him in the next couple days if I can't get anything for him in trade.

Rooster
03-07-2017, 08:32 AM

Didn't the Bears already have Glennon at one time or am I getting my QBs mixed up?

Mile High Mania
03-07-2017, 08:34 AM
Well, a trade is pure fantasy at this point.

I would imagine that Jerry will take the extra $10M in cap space by spreading the $19M over two years over a possible R3-R4 pick next year.

Honestly, I think too much is made about their friendship. You're talking about big $ and Jerry wants a ring because it's been a long time and you have a generation of "America's Team" kids that have grown up and witnessed the Cowboys go 2-8 in the playoffs since 1998.

Kids have been born and are graduating high school not knowing the 'America's Team' that their parents talk about. It's damn near ancient history, while teams like the Steelers and Packers continue to be consistent. I mention those two specifically because you can go back decades, esp PIT.

In Jerry's first 7 seasons, the Cowboys won 3 titles and were 68 and 44 overall.
In Jerry's last 21 seasons, the Cowboys won 0 titles and were 175 and 161 overall.

That's a lot of seasons for Dallas to be without hardware.

Sandy Vagina
03-07-2017, 09:17 AM
Does any know where we stand with our own RFAs?

Only real focus needs to be on retaining Cairo Santos.. and maybe Sorenson.. but no.. have not read anything about them yet.

loochy
03-07-2017, 09:21 AM
I just heard on the radio:

Adrian Peterson to the Pats on a team friendly deal

LMAO and the rich get richer

pugsnotdrugs19
03-07-2017, 09:40 AM

Yep, and there's more QBs who could fill such voids between now and the draft. Garopolo, Foles, etc.

If it's Mahomes that the Chiefs want, he might make it to 27. Watson I doubt though. I'd like to see them be able to sit at 27 and then trade up in the 2nd or 3rd round to get a day one impact player or two.

Mr. Laz
03-07-2017, 10:02 AM
Only real focus needs to be on retaining Cairo Santos.. and maybe Sorenson.. but no.. have not read anything about them yet.
Too many quality DBs in the Draft to keep Sorenson.

probably should replace Gaines too

Have to wonder how Berry got so much money in year with such a good draft.

Maybe one of the best Secondary drafts in a decade.

RunKC
03-07-2017, 10:09 AM
I would be interested in Malcolm Smith. He could be a cheap FA who could upgrade our ILB corps.

The Franchise
03-07-2017, 10:11 AM
I just heard on the radio:

Adrian Peterson to the Pats on a team friendly deal

LMAO and the rich get richer

Pretty sure it's just a rumor at this point. But fuck....why wouldn't he take way less money to go there? He knows he has a damn good chance at ending it all with a ring.

Red Dawg
03-07-2017, 10:35 AM
Pretty sure it's just a rumor at this point. But ****....why wouldn't he take way less money to go there? He knows he has a damn good chance at ending it all with a ring.

Oh, it will happen and Marshall will sign there as well. Both are old and will give them a year for peanuts to chase a ring will a 40 year old Brady. Fucking sucks but that's what every old player does.

Quesadilla Joe
03-07-2017, 10:39 AM
The Chargers just cut Brandon Flowers, Stevie Johnson, and Fluker.

Bowser
03-07-2017, 10:51 AM
The Chargers just cut Brandon Flowers, Stevie Johnson, and Fluker.

Flowers is about the only one of the three I would consider, and at this point I'd consider him a nickel safety over being a starting corner.

BossChief
03-07-2017, 11:14 AM
Well, a trade is pure fantasy at this point.

I would imagine that Jerry will take the extra $10M in cap space by spreading the $19M over two years over a possible R3-R4 pick next year.

Honestly, I think too much is made about their friendship. You're talking about big $ and Jerry wants a ring because it's been a long time and you have a generation of "America's Team" kids that have grown up and witnessed the Cowboys go 2-8 in the playoffs since 1998.

Kids have been born and are graduating high school not knowing the 'America's Team' that their parents talk about. It's damn near ancient history, while teams like the Steelers and Packers continue to be consistent. I mention those two specifically because you can go back decades, esp PIT.

In Jerry's first 7 seasons, the Cowboys won 3 titles and were 68 and 44 overall.
In Jerry's last 21 seasons, the Cowboys won 0 titles and were 175 and 161 overall.

That's a lot of seasons for Dallas to be without hardware.

Even if Dallas cuts Romo tomorrow and designates him a June 1st cut to spread the cap hit, his FULL salary stays on their books until June 2nd.

So, it doesn't REALLY open up that cap space till it's too late anyway.

Titty Meat
03-07-2017, 11:16 AM
I would be interested in Malcolm Smith. He could be a cheap FA who could upgrade our ILB corps.

He's terrible

Kiimo
03-07-2017, 12:15 PM
No interest in Stevie Johnson?

pugsnotdrugs19
03-07-2017, 12:23 PM
He's terrible

Yep. Smith has name value because of that SB, but otherwise has been a JAG and wouldn't be better than Ramik Wilson was.

Sandy Vagina
03-07-2017, 12:24 PM
Too many quality DBs in the Draft to keep Sorenson.

probably should replace Gaines too

Have to wonder how Berry got so much money in year with such a good draft.

Maybe one of the best Secondary drafts in a decade.

No real problem letting Sorenson go.

Give Gaines this last year to see what he's got. If it's good, then KC can get a good/decent comp pick afterwards. He's still pretty good, if ever healthy.

( I'm still good with us drafting a rd 1-5 corner, that said )

Fans would have been devastated to lose Berry. The franchise needs that face on the defense with the soon departures of Hali and DJ.. and Houston being typically M.I.A. .. and though not worth that money... Berry is very good.

Bowser
03-07-2017, 12:26 PM
No interest in Stevie Johnson?

Nope, especially after blowing his knee yet again.

pugsnotdrugs19
03-07-2017, 12:27 PM
As loaded as this draft is defensively, any FA activity should be directed to the offense.

Find your defensive depth and talent in the draft where it can be had in the mid to late rounds on the cheap.

Kiimo
03-07-2017, 12:31 PM
Nope, especially after blowing his knee yet again.

It was his meniscus, totally recoverable.

Flowers, on the other hand, has a a permanently scrambled brain from concussions.

beach tribe
03-07-2017, 01:03 PM
Yep.. my only hope is too see lots of QB movement before the draft, so we have a pick of a couple at #27.

Unfortunately, we aren't going to be picking a QB out of this crop I don't think.

Hate to say it but.....Next year.

MotherfuckerJones
03-07-2017, 01:05 PM
Just give me Hightower.

Red Dawg
03-07-2017, 01:13 PM
I wish. Give away all our picks if we landed him.

O.city
03-07-2017, 01:14 PM
Brandon williams played at mo southern. Bring him home

Red Dawg
03-07-2017, 01:15 PM
There is no reason to sign any skill players at all. Smith makes
Them useless. Sign defense and OL and draft heavy on defense.

Quesadilla Joe
03-07-2017, 02:32 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Ravens?src=hash">#Ravens</a> have released CB Shareece Wright and S Kendrick Lewis.</p>&mdash; Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) <a href="https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/839211540632985600">March 7, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Brent Williams
03-08-2017, 08:50 AM
Did anybody see a report from Ian Rapoport that said the chiefs have a deal in place with Hightower? I just seen it on his feed but haven't seen anything else from anyone else.

Titty Meat
03-08-2017, 08:54 AM
Would love to sign a decent backup guard and some dline depth

Red Dawg
03-08-2017, 08:54 AM
What feed?

https://www.sportsmanias.com/ian-rapoport

Nothing in his feed about us and Hightower.

Quesadilla Joe
03-08-2017, 08:56 AM
Did anybody see a report from Ian Rapoport that said the chiefs have a deal in place with Hightower? I just seen it on his feed but haven't seen anything else from anyone else.

The Chiefs can't afford Hightower. You got duped by a fake account.

Brent Williams
03-08-2017, 08:59 AM

That's what I was thinking. Figured it was weird why nobody else wasn't reporting it.

ptlyon
03-08-2017, 09:01 AM
That's what I was thinking. Figured it was weird why nobody else wasn't reporting it.

:troll:

Pasta Little Brioni
03-08-2017, 09:06 AM

Probably some turd like yourself. That's knowmo level garbage.

hitchief
03-08-2017, 09:41 AM
There is no reason to sign any skill players at all. Smith makes
Them useless. Sign defense and OL and draft heavy on defense.

why in the world would we draft heavy on D when its by far the best unit (I keep hearing top 5 or top 10 for sure) and is always winning games for us already?

Makes no sense

Red Dawg
03-08-2017, 09:58 AM
why in the world would we draft heavy on D when its by far the best unit (I keep hearing top 5 or top 10 for sure) and is always winning games for us already?

Makes no sense

With our QB situation offense will not get us anything but a few thrills. Despite 12 wins our defense was far from dominating. It's our best shot in the near future to make it better to have a shot at a title. Our run defense sucks. Hali is old. DJ is old. Poe is history and we need another corner opposite Peters. OL and defense is what our direction should be in the draft.

RunKC
03-08-2017, 10:04 AM
Chris Ballard made a really interesting comment at the combine. "People go crazy in March during free agency, but I think from September to November is the best time to get players."

That's when we signed Terrance Mitchell, who looks as good as most FA's being available this month.

Chiefs don't need to do much of anything this month. Terrance Mitchell acquisition, getting Houston/Howard/Bailey back and having 10 picks in the draft seems lie enough for us to get even better next year.

philfree
03-08-2017, 10:18 AM

Makes no sense

Draft to your strength. If the D goes to shit we're screwed.

In58men
03-08-2017, 03:08 PM
From Walterfootball ROFL

DeSean Jackson played under Andy Reid, so he would join his former coach again, providing more weapons for Alex Smith. Jeremy Maclin and Tyreek Hill are nice targets to have, but the Chiefs could stand to add another receiver, especially with Maclin becoming too expensive in the near future.
Read more at http://walterfootball.com/draft2017freeagent_1.php#15iRT9fuodXp1qYg.99

MOAR WEAPONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Red Dawg
03-08-2017, 03:11 PM
From Walterfootball ROFL

DeSean Jackson played under Andy Reid, so he would join his former coach again, providing more weapons for Alex Smith. Jeremy Maclin and Tyreek Hill are nice targets to have, but the Chiefs could stand to add another receiver, especially with Maclin becoming too expensive in the near future.
Read more at http://walterfootball.com/draft2017freeagent_1.php#15iRT9fuodXp1qYg.99

MOAR WEAPONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's right.

Mile High Mania
03-08-2017, 03:14 PM
Chris Ballard made a really interesting comment at the combine. "People go crazy in March during free agency, but I think from September to November is the best time to get players."

That's when we signed Terrance Mitchell, who looks as good as most FA's being available this month.

Chiefs don't need to do much of anything this month. Terrance Mitchell acquisition, getting Houston/Howard/Bailey back and having 10 picks in the draft seems lie enough for us to get even better next year.

I think it's smart to participate early, but do the smart deals... great value can be had while other teams are signing the big names to big money.

Mr. Laz
03-08-2017, 03:21 PM
Ballard is going to fuck with us from now on :cuss:

Amnorix
03-08-2017, 03:36 PM
Not worth it's own thread, so whatever. Colts trading TE Dwayne Allen to the Patriots. Rumored ot be a late-round pick coming back. Allen has 3 years and $17.4MM left on his contract.

RunKC
03-08-2017, 03:38 PM
FFS Pats always make great moves. Damn

Mr. Laz
03-08-2017, 03:39 PM
Not worth it's own thread, so whatever. Colts trading TE Dwayne Allen to the Patriots. Rumored ot be a late-round pick coming back. Allen has 3 years and $17.4MM left on his contract.

Belichek really wants to be able to run a double TE set that they can run or pass out of.

Amnorix
03-08-2017, 03:41 PM
Belichek really wants to be able to run a double TE set that they can run or pass out of.

Yes. And he wants to fill as many holes on the roster BEFORE the draft. He hates going into the draft being forced to pick at certain positions because of overwhelming need. Now with Gronk, Allen and Lengel (who they tendered), we at least have three guys on the roster.

TE position is thin in FA, and Bennett is likely to get overpaid so he's gone, so Pats trade for one.

With Gronk's health, and the depth at TE in the draft this year, I'd like to see a pick used on a TE anyway...

thabear04
03-08-2017, 03:42 PM
Source: The #Patriots are trading for #Colts TE Dwayne Allen. Wow.

The Franchise
03-08-2017, 03:43 PM
Source: The #Patriots are trading for #Colts TE Dwayne Allen. Wow.

:facepalm:

thabear04
03-08-2017, 03:48 PM
Niners expected to pursue Pierre Garcon

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000791286/article/san-francisco-49ers-expected-to-pursue-pierre-garcon

staylor26
03-08-2017, 03:50 PM
Dwayne Allen is not that good. I don't see the big deal.

MotherfuckerJones
03-08-2017, 03:52 PM
Patriots moves looks good because of Brady...that's it.

RunKC
03-08-2017, 03:53 PM
All reports are that we will not pick up Nick Foles option tomorrow making him a FA.

Amnorix
03-08-2017, 03:56 PM
Pats gave up a 4, got back Allen and Colts 6. Given draft positioning, they moved down a round and a half, really...

The Franchise
03-08-2017, 04:00 PM
Colts got the better end of that deal.

Amnorix
03-08-2017, 04:02 PM
Colts got the better end of that deal.

Time will tell.

The Franchise
03-08-2017, 04:03 PM
Time will tell.

http://blog.memes.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/saywhat2.png

Amnorix
03-08-2017, 04:09 PM
http://blog.memes.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/saywhat2.png

I play a mild-mannered attorney by day, but by night...

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/uncyclopedia/images/1/15/CaptainobviousChooseOption.jpg/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/200?cb=20070526081820

Red Dawg
03-08-2017, 04:11 PM
Patriots moves looks good because of Brady...that's it.

I agree. Bill is the most over blown HC of all time in any sport. He had 5 straight losing seasons in Cleveland and his first year in NE with Bledsoe they had a losing season as well. In 01 they started 0-2 before Bledsoe got injured.

Brady was just dumb fugging luck in the 6th round. Bledsoe injury was just Bill getting lucky. The tuck rule was Bill getting lucky. Video tape, play sheet and play book stealing did enough in the early years when Brady was ordinary to keep the game close so they could win with FG's.

Without Brady he will go down in flames. Players won't bend over to come there taking less money and nobody will stay around for less money.

RunKC
03-08-2017, 04:21 PM
I agree. Bill is the most over blown HC of all time in any sport. He had 5 straight losing seasons in Cleveland and his first year in NE with Bledsoe they had a losing season as well. In 01 they started 0-2 before Bledsoe got injured.

Brady was just dumb fugging luck in the 6th round. Bledsoe injury was just Bill getting lucky. The tuck rule was Bill getting lucky. Video tape, play sheet and play book stealing did enough in the early years when Brady was ordinary to keep the game close so they could win with FG's.

Without Brady he will go down in flames. Players won't bend over to come there taking less money and nobody will stay around for less money.

Yeah having an elite defense every year after constantly shuffling the roster. I'm sure other coaches have done that.

chiefs1111
03-08-2017, 04:23 PM
Bills reach agreements with Mike Tolbert and Patrick DiMarco.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/03/08/bills-bulk-up-the-backfield-sign-mike-tolbert/

19now11
03-08-2017, 04:29 PM
49ers sighn hoyar! you guys wanna trade?

thabear04
03-08-2017, 04:30 PM
Bills reach agreements with Mike Tolbert and Patrick DiMarco.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/03/08/bills-bulk-up-the-backfield-sign-mike-tolbert/

Why would they sign two FB.

Amnorix
03-08-2017, 04:31 PM

I know facts *rarely* bother you, but Belichick's actually went 11-5 his second-to-last year in Cleveland, went to the playoffs, and beat Bill Parcells' Patriots team. As such, he is the last Cleveland Browns head coach to win a playoff game. His last season went to hell when Modell announced he was moving after like the third game of the season.

Brady was just dumb fugging luck in the 6th round.

Well, yes, to a very large degree. Montana in the third round was also dumb fugging luck.

Bledsoe injury was just Bill getting lucky. The tuck rule was Bill getting lucky. Video tape, play sheet and play book stealing did enough in the early years when Brady was ordinary to keep the game close so they could win with FG's.

Again, I know facts don't bother you at all.

Belichick still did MORE with Brady than Shula ever achieved with Marino, or Walsh with Montana, or, well, any head coach in the Super Bowl era has ever done with anyone. And the Patriots over the last 16 years have smashed every record for winning there is, all in an era where it is much harder to keep your good players.

But yeah, dude sux. Keep on rocking on! :rockon:

Want to tell us again how White didn't get into the end zone and win the SB? ROFL

Amnorix
03-08-2017, 04:35 PM
Yeah having an elite defense every year after constantly shuffling the roster. I'm sure other coaches have done that.

Belichick has been a coach on one of the two Super Bowl teams nearly 20% of the time since the advent of the Super Bowl. If you ignore the first eight Super Bowls, which was before he was even in the league, the percentage climbs to close to 25%.

So for over 40 years, if Belichick is a coach on your team, you've got a 25% of going to the Super Bowl. That is fucking insane.

But hey, it's all just Brady... :rolleyes:

chiefs1111
03-08-2017, 04:39 PM
Why would they sign two FB.

Apparently Tolbert is being signed to be the 3rd running back not as a FB

Coogs
03-08-2017, 05:44 PM
Bills also re-structured Tyrod Taylor's deal and are keeping him at QB.

I'm thinking QB's are going to be there at 27.

SAUTO
03-08-2017, 05:45 PM

I'm surprised on that one

The Franchise
03-08-2017, 05:47 PM
49ers signed Hoyer but they're still rumored to trade for Cousins.

Coogs
03-08-2017, 05:49 PM
Heard the Brown's have still been tempted by Garopollo too. If that happens, we might have our choice.

Especially if Romo picks Houston.

The Franchise
03-08-2017, 05:57 PM
Heard the Brown's have still been tempted by Garopollo too. If that happens, we might have our choice.

Especially if Romo picks Houston.

And it sounds like the Bears are going to roll with Glennon. Which means Cutler is going to be cut.....and his old QB coach is now a part of the Jets.

Quesadilla Joe
03-08-2017, 06:04 PM
Chargers tryin' to cheat

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Teams, agents suspect that Chargers are talking to Russell Okung&#39;s advisor, in violation of negotiating rules <a href="https://t.co/SBzDlQFPwi">https://t.co/SBzDlQFPwi</a></p>&mdash; ProFootballTalk (@ProFootballTalk) <a href="https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/839626618268237825">March 8, 2017</a></blockquote>

The Franchise
03-08-2017, 06:06 PM
Oh fuck off NFL. Jesus Christ. Then go back to the days where nobody is allowed to talk to anyone until the start of the league year.

If he's his own agent....then he should be able to talk to teams. More players will want to be their own agents? Fine...let them. More players will end up getting fucked over on deals because they don't know what they're doing.

raybec 4
03-08-2017, 06:07 PM
I'm surprised on that one

So am I, I thought he was going to be released.

Mr. Laz
03-08-2017, 06:50 PM

Someone will trade up from rd 2 and jump us.

It's happened several times in Dorsey's short time here. One year someone jumped ahead of us for the cornerbacks. Another Year they allegedly jumped ahead of us for a QB. Didn't they jump ahead of us for a group of WRs one year so we took Dee Ford instead?

So 2 or 3 out of the 4 years that Dorsey's been here there are rumors that someone jumped in front of us. LMAO

RunKC
03-08-2017, 07:25 PM
Someone will trade up from rd 2 and jump us.

It's happened several times in Dorsey's short time here. One year someone jumped ahead of us for the cornerbacks. Another Year they allegedly jumped ahead of us for a QB. Didn't they jump ahead of us for a group of WRs one year so we took Dee Ford instead?

So 2 or 3 out of the 4 years that Dorsey's been here there are rumors that someone jumped in front of us. LMAO

the team that traded in front of us in 2014 is now actively trying to trade that player off their team.

Don't know why you're blaming Dorsey for last season when Andy took away his draft Capitol by losing our 3rd rd pick talking to Maclin.

Hoopsdoc
03-08-2017, 07:50 PM

Colts fan here.

Not a huge fan of this deal but I can see why Ballard did it. Allen obviously isn't in his plans and is somewhat overpaid, so get something out of him instead of just releasing in preseason.

They didn't get a whole lot, though. Pats basically just dropped about 50 spots to get him.

If they get 2012 DA, they'll be happy. He's been injury prone and inconsistent ever since. Very good run blocker, very physical, but not very fast and inconsistent hands.

MotherfuckerJones
03-08-2017, 07:53 PM
Biggest hypocritical sport of any. The combine is where they all go to tamper. It's fucking silly. Make free agency start at the combine. Do a giant show for the combine and free agency. The fans would eat it up. That simple.

MotherfuckerJones
03-08-2017, 07:53 PM
No KC rumors at all. Won't be doing much but I'm praying they surprise us with Brandon Williams or Hightower.

Mr. Laz
03-08-2017, 09:01 PM
the team that traded in front of us in 2014 is now actively trying to trade that player off their team.

Don't know why you're blaming Dorsey for last season when Andy took away his draft Capitol by losing our 3rd rd pick talking to Maclin.
I didn't say that it always worked out bad. I just said that people moved ahead of us.

Change your tampax

Chief Northman
03-08-2017, 09:39 PM
No KC rumors at all. Won't be doing much but I'm praying they surprise us with Brandon Williams or Hightower.

Nabbing Brown as an ILB would be a good fit. Played in Ryan's system so he arguably could step right in here. I bet Hightower stays in NE. Cost prohibitive and not really a scheme fit.

If Poe leaves, I think the Chiefs add a cheaper vet like Logan or another run-stuffer type. They will let Bailey, Howard, Jones and Nunez-Roches roll.

pugsnotdrugs19
03-08-2017, 09:56 PM
With 70 players under contract this year, the Chiefs really don't need to sign anyone. They would have 80 if they use all of their picks, though I suspect a trade up at some point to bring that down to 8 or 9.

The draft is said to be extremely deep. We can fill our depth and holes with it on cheap 4-yr contracts.

We might sign one or two FAs, but they won't happen for probably a few days and they might even wait until closer to Summer.

pugsnotdrugs19
03-08-2017, 10:00 PM
Tampering will not end until the league starts taking away 2nd or even 1st round picks over it. If they threaten to do that, I doubt you'd hear about it again.

RealSNR
03-08-2017, 10:04 PM
Is it a huge fucking pipe dream to think that Trubisky won't go until the teens?

If that's the case, I would absolutely trade picks to move up. A couple this year, a couple next year if that's the price. We'll have some comp picks next year, too, though maybe not as many.

MotherfuckerJones
03-08-2017, 10:18 PM
First time in my life where I'm ok with any of the main 4 top QBs

penbrook
03-08-2017, 10:21 PM
We only have 202 K to spend

RealSNR
03-08-2017, 10:22 PM
Fuck it. I'll go ahead and get my hopes up.

Cleveland (supposedly likes Jeanine Garafalo)

San Fran (supposedly is trading for Cousins?)

NY Jets (unlikely circumstance they pick up Cutler after Chicago jettisons him?)

Buffalo (Tyrod Taylor is sticking around)

If all that stuff actually happens, we only have two enemies to worry about: the Chargers at 7 (would they look to put a timetable on Rivers' exit right now?) and the Saints at 11.

The Saints are our biggest hurdle to cross after all those other hurdles have fallen into place.

After that, we'd also need to cut a deal with Philly, Indy, and Baltimore to move ahead of Washington.

MotherfuckerJones
03-08-2017, 10:28 PM
**** it. I'll go ahead and get my hopes up.

Cleveland (supposedly likes Jeanine Garafalo)

San Fran (supposedly is trading for Cousins?)

NY Jets (unlikely circumstance they pick up Cutler after Chicago jettisons him?)

Buffalo (Tyrod Taylor is sticking around)

If all that stuff actually happens, we only have two enemies to worry about: the Chargers at 7 (would they look to put a timetable on Rivers' exit right now?) and the Saints at 11.

The Saints are our biggest hurdle to cross after all those other hurdles have fallen into place.

After that, we'd also need to cut a deal with Philly, Indy, and Baltimore to move ahead of Washington.

No way around it. KC will HAVE to trade up. They got the ammo. I don't want to see Cousins traded to SF for WAS for the number 2 pick because they'll get a QB there likely

RunKC
03-08-2017, 10:39 PM
This is the time to do it. Dee Ford's 5th year option is really the only major cost for us next year.

Gaines-nope
Sherman-not paid that much, expendable
Colquitt-extend him, not that much
Foles-nope
Spiller-nope
Fulton-replaceable
Sorenson-replaceable
DAT-nope
Howard-maybe. Not that expensive

It's a deep draft and we have 10 picks, plenty to keep building a mostly set roster. We're getting anther 3rd rd comp for Poe next year, so hell I'd be good with giving up our ordinal 3rd this year and in 2018 if we like a guy that much to want him.

Plus you have Foles and Alex gone clearing up tons of cap room and probably Tamba leaving as well.
It makes all the sense in the world. Get your guy, John.

MotherfuckerJones
03-08-2017, 10:41 PM
This is the time to do it. Dee Ford's 5th year option is really the only major cost for us next year.

Gaines-nope
Foles-nope
Spiller-nope
Fulton-replaceable
Sorenson-replaceable
DAT-nope

It's a deep draft and we have 10 picks, plenty to keep building a mostly set roster. We're getting anther 3rd rd comp for Poe next year, so hell I'd be good with giving up our ordinal 3rd this year and in 2018 if we like a guy that much to want him.

Plus you have Foles and Alex gone clearing up tons of cap room and probably Tamba leaving as well.

3 seasons before we have to make MP22 the highest paid corner

TambaBerry
03-08-2017, 10:45 PM
Also, it's not like we're going to draft ten guys that will stay on the roster. I'd rather go get someone you really want and use some extra picks to get them

pugsnotdrugs19
03-08-2017, 10:46 PM
I don't know that they would have to trade up necessarily for their QB depending on who it is, but I'd prefer that they do just to be safe, and to send a clear message that they believe in said QB.

RealSNR
03-08-2017, 10:48 PM
3 seasons before we have to make MP22 the highest paid corner

Draft Trubisky. Start Alex for a year. MAYBE two. Then cut him loose.

There's where our Peters money will come from, not to mention a ton of other deals that will be out by then-- Tamba, DJ, Bailey, Maclin, etc.

If Trubisky takes the fall in the 1st, GO FUCKING GET HIM.

pugsnotdrugs19
03-08-2017, 10:49 PM
Think about this. If the Chiefs nail this draft with a QBOTF and other contributors, they could enter next offseason with around $45 million in cap space just by releasing Smith, Hali, and DJ.

The Hali and DJ cuts by next offseason will most likely have to happen. Maybe you keep DJ if he miraculously returns to form. Either way, there's enough cash to keep who you want and also add some pieces to your offense with the QB in place.

Chief Northman
03-08-2017, 10:49 PM

Gaines-nope
Foles-nope
Spiller-nope
Fulton-replaceable
Sorenson-replaceable
DAT-nope

2 things:

1) No guarantee we get a 3rd round comp. pick for Poe - the formula is complex and hinges on UFAs leaving versus UFAs signed and comparable dollar amounts.

2) I am convinced that we will see the Chiefs draft a quarterback early in this upcoming draft, and will not be shocked if they repeat that strategy in 2018 with what promises to be an elite quarterback class. I have said in other posts that we get our future back up quarterback this year, but the true starter will be selected next year at the draft....

pugsnotdrugs19
03-08-2017, 10:52 PM
Word lately has been that Cleveland might take Trubisky #1. They love him.

Personally, I know he's the 'top guy', but I'm not a huge fan. Would take Mahomes or Watson as I believe their ceilings are higher. I trust that Reid would mold the offense to lead the QB to success no matter who it is though, as he always has.

pugsnotdrugs19
03-08-2017, 10:54 PM
If Poe only signs for 1 year as has been rumored as possible, we might not get much of anything in terms of compensation. Certainly not a 3rd, but maybe a 6th or 7th.

RunKC
03-08-2017, 10:57 PM
In 2014 the Saints moved from 27 to 20 only giving up their 3rd rd pick. I'm fine with that, in fact I'm fine with trading that 3rd and a 5th/6th to move up to 17 or 18.

Nickhead
03-08-2017, 10:57 PM

Personally, I know he's the 'top guy', but I'm not a huge fan. Would take Mahomes or Watson as I believe their ceilings are higher. I trust that Reid would mold the offense to lead the QB to success no matter who it is though, as he always has.

ive read three different articles that watson could fall to the chiefs. not for or against. just think it's a stretch he falls that far. free agency aside, no way he lasts that long, but all the qb FA's could cause some to fall. :D

RealSNR
03-08-2017, 10:59 PM

Hope they're not planning on starting him 2017. I love Trubisky as a pro prospect, but I don't know many spread QBs with only 13 games started who would be able to recover from that huge learning curve. I mean, Ryan freakin Tannehill had more games under his belt in college as a QB than Trubisky.

If he's not in the right system with the right team, he could make Jared Goff look like Kurt Warner.

pugsnotdrugs19
03-08-2017, 11:00 PM
ive read three different articles that watson could fall to the chiefs. not for or against. just think it's a stretch he falls that far. free agency aside, no way he lasts that long, but all the qb FA's could cause some to fall. :D

If they want Watson, they will need to trade up once he slides out of the top 12-15. Very possible really.

But for all we know they may want Mahomes most, or maybe Kizer (I hope not). I can't wait for this draft to see where things are headed.

Nickhead
03-08-2017, 11:04 PM
yeah, i don't watch college any longer. it's tough enough to keep up with the chiefs/jayhawks for me anymore. i miss the days when i watched enough to predict how good adrian, DJ, and Jamaal would become. and how much bradford was overvalued :D

pugsnotdrugs19
03-08-2017, 11:05 PM
Hope they're not planning on starting him 2017. I love Trubisky as a pro prospect, but I don't know many spread QBs with only 13 games started who would be able to recover from that huge learning curve. I mean, Ryan freakin Tannehill had more games under his belt in college as a QB than Trubisky.

If he's not in the right system with the right team, he could make Jared Goff look like Kurt Warner.

Yeah the truth is that it really doesn't matter how good of a prospect a QB is, if they aren't put in the right situation, they won't be successful. Andrew Luck should have been in the playoffs each of the last 2 years, but the team put around him made their whole product a mess.

Derek Carr would not be what we have seen so far if not for the respectable job that Oakland has done assembling his OL and WR corp. Mariota has been able to lean on his run game without any good WRs, Prescott the same (though he has Dez).

Now is the perfect time for the Chiefs to strike. They have a young ascending OL that will be together long term. Big time playmakers at WR and TE. They need to add some speed at RB and some depth at WR and TE. All around, it's a great spot for a young QB to step into.

Nickhead
03-08-2017, 11:37 PM
Yeah the truth is that it really doesn't matter how good of a prospect a QB is, if they aren't put in the right situation, they won't be successful. Andrew Luck should have been in the playoffs each of the last 2 years, but the team put around him made their whole product a mess.

Derek Carr would not be what we have seen so far if not for the respectable job that Oakland has done assembling his OL and WR corp. Mariota has been able to lean on his run game without any good WRs, Prescott the same (though he has Dez).

Now is the perfect time for the Chiefs to strike. They have a young ascending OL that will be together long term. Big time playmakers at WR and TE. They need to add some speed at RB and some depth at WR and TE. All around, it's a great spot for a young QB to step into.

the chiefs are actually in a good position to have a rookie qb should the starter go down. and here is where i make a browns reference. any quarterback in their newest existence would have failed miserably in cleveland. :D

thabear04
03-08-2017, 11:41 PM
Jaguars expected to sign DE Calais Campbell
Tony Jefferson expected to sign with Baltimore Ravens
Woodhead expected to sign with Ravens
Jaguars expected to land safety Barry Church
Stills staying with the Fins

pugsnotdrugs19
03-08-2017, 11:47 PM
Jaguars expected to sign DE Calais Campbell

This one was big. There was talk that he was considering Oakland. Would have been a nice addition.

thabear04
03-09-2017, 12:46 AM
This one was big. There was talk that he was considering Oakland. Would have been a nice addition.

Jags front line has some big boys Flowers,Jackson now him.

Mile High Mania
03-09-2017, 05:50 AM
I'm still stunned at the notion that Mike Glennon might sign a contract worth $15M per year... holy hell.

-King-
03-09-2017, 06:07 AM
I'm still stunned at the notion that Mike Glennon might sign a contract worth $15M per year... holy hell.

This. I forgot he was actually still in the league.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mile High Mania
03-09-2017, 06:13 AM
This. I forgot he was actually still in the league.
Posted via Mobile Device

Actually started 13 games in 2013 (rookie), went 4-9. In 2014, he went 1-4... missed 2015 and threw it 11 times in 2016.

5 wins 13 losses - 4,100 yards - 30 TDs and 15 INTs
6 feet 7 inches tall...

And, rumored to be getting a deal for $15M a year on average.

Dunno what the appeal is, but this is why the Hoyers and McCowns play for 12 seasons and 13 different teams.

chiefs1111
03-09-2017, 06:44 AM
Bears to sign Mike Glennon to three year deal worth 43.5 million

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/03/09/report-bears-mike-glennon-to-sign-three-year-43-5-million-deal/

Mile High Mania
03-09-2017, 07:12 AM

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/03/09/report-bears-mike-glennon-to-sign-three-year-43-5-million-deal/

Crazy.

BossChief
03-09-2017, 07:53 AM
For Mike Glennon?

Wouldn't they rather have a guy like Nick Foles?

What am I missing here?

The Franchise
03-09-2017, 08:03 AM
Desean Jackson signs with the Bucs.

chiefs1111
03-09-2017, 08:04 AM
Stephon Gilmore expected to sign with the Patriots according to Schefter

RunKC
03-09-2017, 08:06 AM
The Bears are always the stupidest team out there that ruins the market for other teams. First the Jay Cutler horrific deal and now this?

Do these motherfuckers not learn anything?!

Pasta Little Brioni
03-09-2017, 08:20 AM

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

Pasta Little Brioni
03-09-2017, 08:21 AM
Is Romo getting 20+ then?

Mile High Mania
03-09-2017, 08:23 AM
Is Romo getting 20+ then?

No way. Speculation is he has to accept an incentive heavy deal, similar to what PM signed, but less $. If he wants big money, he won't be in Denver.

chiefs1111
03-09-2017, 08:24 AM
Falcons releasing Tyson Jackson

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/03/09/report-falcons-releasing-tyson-jackson/

Mr. Laz
03-09-2017, 08:31 AM
fuck

good signing

thabear04
03-09-2017, 08:40 AM
Jamaal Charles, Seahawks have 'mutual interest

thabear04
03-09-2017, 08:41 AM
Packers retaining pass rusher Nick Perry.

thabear04
03-09-2017, 08:43 AM

Rapoport said the deal will eclipse $14 million per season.

Damn.

thabear04
03-09-2017, 08:45 AM
Rams signed LT Andrew Whitworth, formerly of the Bengals, to a three-year, $36 million contract.

According to ESPN's Jeff Dickerson, the Bears have made a "strong offer" to free agent CB A.J. Bouye.

Panthers agreed to terms with LT Matt Kalil, formerly of the Vikings.

Mr_Tomahawk
03-09-2017, 08:54 AM
Chiefs officially decline Foles option.

chiefs1111
03-09-2017, 08:56 AM
Eagles release Connor Barwin

thabear04
03-09-2017, 08:58 AM
Browns agreed to terms with WR Kenny Britt, formerly of the Rams, on a four-year, $32.5 million contract.

Mile High Mania
03-09-2017, 08:59 AM
Browns agreed to terms with WR Kenny Britt, formerly of the Rams, on a four-year, $32.5 million contract.

Dumb.

KC_Lee
03-09-2017, 09:00 AM

Kenny Britt, the Matt Cassel of receivers. How this dude keeps pulling down this type of money is beyond me.

Pasta Little Brioni
03-09-2017, 09:00 AM
This market is out of control for average and sub average players. Best to stay away this year.

RunKC
03-09-2017, 09:06 AM
Ricky Wagner is getting over $9 million average in his deal. Mitchell Schwartz isn't making $9 million in any year of his deal.

We got a major steal getting this guy last season.

Mr. Laz
03-09-2017, 09:06 AM
Money is nuts

Mile High Mania
03-09-2017, 09:07 AM
This market is out of control for average and sub average players. Best to stay away this year.

Or wait until Day 3...

Rooster
03-09-2017, 09:12 AM
Chiefs officially decline Foles option.

So it begins. QBOTF in the coming weeks. :grovel:

KC_Lee
03-09-2017, 09:14 AM
So it begins. QBOTF in the coming weeks. :grovel:

https://media.giphy.com/media/8fen5LSZcHQ5O/giphy.gif

chiefs1111
03-09-2017, 09:24 AM
Saints are considering sending Brandin Cooks to the Patriots for Malcolm Butler

Amnorix
03-09-2017, 09:24 AM

So the Patriots have a bit of an issue. They will lose Logan Ryan, more of a slot guy, and still have Butler and Rowe, who are also boundary guys along with Gilmore.

Butler, meanwhile, will be annoyed he is making $4M while the other guy makes more than double that. Will Belichick pay two CBs APY $28MM combined next year? Yeah, no.

So now the other shoe drops. Patriots in discussions to trade Butler to the Saints for Brandin Cooks. We'll see where it goes.

ptlyon
03-09-2017, 09:25 AM
We've drafted 5th or 6th round QBOTF's for 40 years

ptlyon
So the Patriots have a bit of an issue. They will lose Logan Ryan, more of a slot guy, and still have Butler and Rowe, who are also boundary guys along with Gilmore.

Butler, meanwhile, will be annoyed he is making $4M while the other guy makes more than double that. Will Belichick pay two CBs APY $28MM combined next year? Yeah, no.

So now the other shoe drops. Patriots in discussions to trade Butler to the Saints for Brandin Cooks. We'll see where it goes.

No1curr

Amnorix

Beat me by a second, but only because my post was longer, bastard! :cuss:

:D

I heard the other day that the Saints turned down a mid/late (high teens I think) first round pick for Cooks. Might take more than Butler. Someone suggested Cooks and the Saints 2 (like 42) to Pats for Butler and Pats 1 (32).

Interesting stuff.

BryanBusby
03-09-2017, 09:26 AM
The Saints would be fucking retarded to make this trade.

The Saints? Yeah it's gonna happen.

Amnorix
03-09-2017, 09:26 AM
No1curr

Aren't you in the hunt to win the AFC? Aren't the Patriots a likely concern on the way to that goal? Isn't this a generic NFL-wide free agency thread?

:shrug:

Amnorix
03-09-2017, 09:28 AM
The Saints would be fucking retarded to make this trade.

The Saints? Yeah it's gonna happen.

Saints are chronically terrible on defense, derailing their hopes of doing anything. Gotta move offensive assets to defense.

Then there's this.

Nathan Jahnke‏Verified account @PFF_NateJahnke 10m10 minutes ago
More
Malcolm Butler has 36 combined interceptions and pass breakups over the last 2 years. Only Marcus Peters has more.

BryanBusby
03-09-2017, 09:28 AM
Okay neat, but it's still terrible value.

ptlyon
03-09-2017, 09:30 AM
Aren't you in the hunt to win the AFC?

Not with Alex Smith my friend...

penbrook
03-09-2017, 09:37 AM
Per Terez Paylor

Interesting tidbit at QB: The #Chiefs expressed interest in retaining Foles, I'm told. Money would have to work for both sides, though

The Franchise
03-09-2017, 09:37 AM
The Patriots with Cooks? Fuck I hate the NFL.

Mr_Tomahawk
03-09-2017, 09:38 AM
Per Terez Paylor

Interesting tidbit at QB: The #Chiefs expressed interest in retaining Foles, I'm told. Money would have to work for both sides, though

Chiefs hate this QB draft class.

The Franchise
03-09-2017, 09:38 AM
Per Terez Paylor

Please god let them bring back Foles, draft a QB and then cut Smith after the draft.

Mr_Tomahawk
03-09-2017, 09:39 AM
Please god let them bring back Foles, draft a QB and then cut Smith after the draft.

If we bring back foles...we aren't drafting a QB in the first 4 rounds.

Bowser
03-09-2017, 09:39 AM
The Patriots with Cooks? Fuck I hate the NFL.

That, and I hate that I root for a team that doesn't pull off moves and trades like the Patriots do.

Bowser
03-09-2017, 09:40 AM

Why do you say that?

KC_Lee
03-09-2017, 09:40 AM
Chiefs hate every QB draft class.

FYP.

Mile High Mania
03-09-2017, 09:41 AM
The Patriots with Cooks? **** I hate the NFL.

I'm sure not many outside of NE are fans of that trade, but you gotta love the moves they make. I like aggressive teams. I may not like Romo, but I appreciate the fact that my team is always looking to improve.

The thing with NE --- moves like Cooks never brought a title in the past (see Moss). So, who knows how it plays out.

thabear04
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Sean Payton said it will take a lot to get Brandin Cooks. Sources say they still want quality defensive starter, plus draft picks over 2 yrs</p>&mdash; Chris Mortensen (@mortreport) <a href="https://twitter.com/mortreport/status/839860816295903232">March 9, 2017</a></blockquote>

The Franchise
Chiefs hate this QB draft class.

And apparently Bray as well.

BryanBusby
That's a stretch

Mr. Laz
03-09-2017, 09:49 AM
Andy Reid is ok with Alex Smith.

Alex Smith is more or less doing what Andy Reid wants him to.

Andy Reid just thinks he needs to tweak Smith's performance and everything will be good.

Sorry, but that's the reality of the situation. I've seen zero to indicate anything to the contrary.

This isn't on anyone but Andy Reid.

Mile High Mania
03-09-2017, 09:54 AM
Andy Reid is ok with Alex Smith.

Alex Smith is more or less doing what Andy Reid wants him to.

Andy Reid just thinks he needs to tweak Smith's performance and everything will be good.

Sorry, but that's the reality of the situation. I've seen zero to indicate anything to the contrary.

This isn't on anyone but Andy Reid.

I think Andy Reid is a bit like John Fox... they have the ability to fix bad teams, but they can't get them over that final hump or two to win the title. Both have failed the 1 time each made it to the SB.

Few dispute their abilities to build solid teams, but once they get to a certain point... might be time to move on.

KC_Lee
03-09-2017, 09:55 AM
I think Andy Reid is a bit like John Fox... they have the ability to fix bad teams, but they can't get them over that final hump or two to win the title. Both have failed the 1 time each made it to the SB.

Few dispute their abilities to build solid teams, but once they get to a certain point... might be time to move on.

Also known as "The Schottenheimer Effect".

ptlyon
03-09-2017, 09:56 AM
Also known as "The Schottenheimer Effect".

Damn...

The Franchise
03-09-2017, 10:04 AM
We all know how it's going to play out. Smith will still be here next year and they'll draft some dipshit in the 3rd round. That will all but eliminate them from taking one for the next two years....leaving Smith to start the rest of his contract. We'll be continually knocked out of the playoffs because of our offense and the defense will continue to be blamed.

Mile High Mania
03-09-2017, 10:21 AM
Torrey Smith is an Eagle.

thabear04
03-09-2017, 10:22 AM
Rams agreed to terms with Robert Woods, formerly of the Bills, on a five-year, $39-million contract.

Titty Meat
03-09-2017, 10:23 AM
We all know how it's going to play out. Smith will still be here next year and they'll draft some dipshit in the 3rd round. That will all but eliminate them from taking one for the next two years....leaving Smith to start the rest of his contract. We'll be continually knocked out of the playoffs because of our offense and the defense will continue to be blamed.

Kizer in the 3rd fam

The Franchise
03-09-2017, 10:25 AM
Kizer in the 3rd fam

Not sure he goes 1st now....but I doubt he falls to the 3rd. 2nd could be a possibility....but he'll go to a team in the top of the 2nd if he falls that far.

Mr. Laz
03-09-2017, 10:33 AM
Rams agreed to terms with Robert Woods, formerly of the Bills, on a five-year, $39-million contract.

Is that the WR who went to USC?

Mile High Mania
03-09-2017, 10:35 AM
That's a bit of coin for a bit player at WR...

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WoodRo02.htm

chiefs1111
03-09-2017, 10:38 AM
Is that the WR who went to USC?

Yup

The Franchise
03-09-2017, 10:39 AM
There's always some bullshit contracts thrown around on the 1st day.

Quesadilla Joe
03-09-2017, 10:44 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Calais Campbell could take less money ($13 million per year) to go &quot;home&quot; to Denver; Jaguars offering more than $14m. Interesting decision.</p>&mdash; Chris Mortensen (@mortreport) <a href="https://twitter.com/mortreport/status/839879229416288257">March 9, 2017</a></blockquote>

????

I thought Campbell was basically headed to Jax already.

thabear04
03-09-2017, 10:45 AM
ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports Redskins franchise player Kirk Cousins "appealed personally" to owner Dan Snyder for a trade.

The Franchise
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Calais Campbell could take less money ($13 million per year) to go &quot;home&quot; to Denver; Jaguars offering more than $14m. Interesting decision.</p>&mdash; Chris Mortensen (@mortreport) <a href="https://twitter.com/mortreport/status/839879229416288257">March 9, 2017</a></blockquote>

????

Wouldn't be the first time that a player has fucked over another team because John Elway sucked his dick.

Mr. Laz

agreed

I said the day that we signed Reid that he was a great hire but we needed to have a plan to move on rather quickly. Andy Reid shouldn't stay here any more than 5 years.

We won't though.

Heading towards another Marty Schottenheimer situation. Perennial playoff team but without any real chance to make the super bowl.

Mile High Mania
03-09-2017, 10:47 AM
Wouldn't be the first time that a player has ****ed over another team because John Elway sucked his dick.

I don't know if that's exactly how it plays out behind the scense, but you know... if it helps the team.

Mr. Laz
03-09-2017, 10:48 AM
ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports Redskins franchise player Kirk Cousins "appealed personally" to owner Dan Snyder for a trade.
I'm sure that Washington wants to trade Cousins this year because they can't tag him again. They are asking for a 1st and 3rd for him(maybe more).

The price tag is too high considering the contract that is going to follow. Imo.

ForeverChiefs58
03-09-2017, 10:48 AM
Master Tesfatsion
@MasterTes
#Redskins are signing DT Terrell McClain, per source. 4 yr deal north of $21M . They fill a big need in the trenches.

thabear04
03-09-2017, 10:49 AM

????

That's what I thought unless he pulled Emmanuel Sanders.

Mile High Mania
03-09-2017, 10:50 AM
So, is there a site out there that captures all these damn twitter updates?

ForeverChiefs58
03-09-2017, 10:50 AM
Torrey Smith is an Eagle.

Torrey Smith dropped a quarter of his catchable targets while in SF. (16 of 64)

ForeverChiefs58
03-09-2017, 10:51 AM
Per @AdamSchefter Mike Glennon will sign a 3 year $45M deal w/ $19M GTD. Brock Osweiler’s 3 years = $55M, $37M of which is GTD.

Mile High Mania
03-09-2017, 10:52 AM
Torrey Smith dropped a quarter of his catchable targets while in SF. (16 of 64)

Just updating ... wasn't suggesting it was a stellar signing.

ptlyon
03-09-2017, 10:52 AM

You called it yesterday

ForeverChiefs58
03-09-2017, 10:53 AM
At a reported $7.5M, #49ers new FB Kyle Juszczyk is set to rake in more 2017 cash than every active running back not named Le’Veon Bell.

ForeverChiefs58
03-09-2017, 10:54 AM
Dianna Russini‏ @diannaESPN
The New England Patriots are considering trading Malcolm Butler to the New Orleans Saints for Brandin Cooks per sources

pugsnotdrugs19
03-09-2017, 10:55 AM
Okay Elway, you might make your defense stronger, but your offense is still straight AIDS. Please continue to leave your OL as is.

ForeverChiefs58
03-09-2017, 10:56 AM
Wide Receiver Ted Ginn Junior is signing with the New Orleans Saints per sources

hometeam
03-09-2017, 10:59 AM

www.twitter.com

ForeverChiefs58
That's a bit of coin for a bit player at WR...

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WoodRo02.htm

Rams will have $80 million invested in Robert Woods and Tavon Austin ... twitter.com/AdamSchefter/s…

Mile High Mania
www.twitter.com

Well played... :-)

ForeverChiefs58
03-09-2017, 11:01 AM
Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet
The #Colts and the #Eagles are making a strong push to sign WR Alshon Jeffery, source said. Talks are continuing with the #Bears

RealSNR
03-09-2017, 11:02 AM

Yeeessss.

Trade him to San Fran plz.

Mitchell Trubisky, come on down! Yooouu're the next contestant on the Pipedream Is Right!

The Franchise
03-09-2017, 11:05 AM
Saints signed A.J. Klein.
Ravens working on a deal with Brandon Williams.

The Franchise
03-09-2017, 11:05 AM
Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet
The #Colts and the #Eagles are making a strong push to sign WR Alshon Jeffery, source said. Talks are continuing with the #Bears

MOAR WEAPONS FOR LUCK!!11!!

Mile High Mania
03-09-2017, 11:06 AM
Curious if there's really anything to the Calais Campbell update... for $1M less, he can play for Denver vs Jacksonville. Playing near where he grew up, assuming he still has family there.

Could be interesting.

ForeverChiefs58
03-09-2017, 11:07 AM
Washington off season: QB wants trade, both WRs gone, Murphy suspension, OC now in Rams HC,GM AWOL.

Quesadilla Joe
03-09-2017, 11:07 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">It appears Calais Campbell to Jacksonville isn’t as firm as it was last night. I’m told Denver, his hometown, could be back in the mix.</p>&mdash; James Palmer (@JamesPalmerTV) <a href="https://twitter.com/JamesPalmerTV/status/839884695450058752">March 9, 2017</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Heard he was &quot;sentimental&quot; about Denver too with family there. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/FreeAgency?src=hash">#FreeAgency</a> <a href="https://t.co/otPmwqS0WX">https://t.co/otPmwqS0WX</a></p>&mdash; Josina Anderson (@JosinaAnderson) <a href="https://twitter.com/JosinaAnderson/status/839883691132391425">March 9, 2017</a></blockquote>

ForeverChiefs58
03-09-2017, 11:10 AM
Rams will have $80 million invested in Robert Woods and Tavon Austin ... twitter.com/AdamSchefter/s…

Robert Woods getting a nice deal from Rams and he’s just 24.

But — he’s had three 100-yard games in his career.

Mile High Mania
03-09-2017, 11:10 AM
If they fail to land a big name or two for the OL... they better make that defense a unit that holds teams to an aveage of 6 points.

ForeverChiefs58
03-09-2017, 11:11 AM
Mike Garafolo
@MikeGarafolo
WR Pierre Garçon's deal w/ Niners expected to be a three-year contract that pays about $23m over the first two years w/ ~$12m signing bonus.

The Franchise
03-09-2017, 11:14 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">It appears Calais Campbell to Jacksonville isn’t as firm as it was last night. I’m told Denver, his hometown, could be back in the mix.</p>&mdash; James Palmer (@JamesPalmerTV) <a href="https://twitter.com/JamesPalmerTV/status/839884695450058752">March 9, 2017</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Heard he was &quot;sentimental&quot; about Denver too with family there. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/FreeAgency?src=hash">#FreeAgency</a> <a href="https://t.co/otPmwqS0WX">https://t.co/otPmwqS0WX</a></p>&mdash; Josina Anderson (@JosinaAnderson) <a href="https://twitter.com/JosinaAnderson/status/839883691132391425">March 9, 2017</a></blockquote>

Imagine that.

Fuck your team. I hope you guys sign Tony Romo and we kill him the first time we play you.

Pasta Little Brioni
03-09-2017, 11:15 AM
Under the table weed?

ForeverChiefs58
03-09-2017, 11:17 AM
Yeeessss.

Trade him to San Fran plz.

Mitchell Trubisky, come on down! Yooouu're the next contestant on the Pipedream Is Right!

Jason La Canfora‏ @JasonLaCanfora
49ers indicated strongly to Hoyer he's the guy for 17 and no trade for Cousins this year. Words are cheap but they recruited him as starter

Pasta Little Brioni
03-09-2017, 11:18 AM
49ers indicated strongly to Hoyer he's the guy for 17 and no trade for Cousins this year. Words are cheap but they recruited him as starter

ROFL

The Franchise
03-09-2017, 11:19 AM

ROFL Fucking 49ers are stupid.

dirk digler

I agree. I never wanted Reid in the first place because I never thought he would ever get us to a SB. He had his chance and failed multiple times.

RunKC
$13 million a year for a 31 year old DL?

Overpay..

Quesadilla Joe
03-09-2017, 11:20 AM
Imagine that.

**** your team. I hope you guys sign Tony Romo and we kill him the first time we play you.

LMAO

Nothing has happened yet. How often do guys back out of deals at the last second?

Pasta Little Brioni
03-09-2017, 11:21 AM

Overpay..

Des per ation

Mile High Mania
03-09-2017, 11:21 AM

Overpay..

And, it begins....

mcaj22
03-09-2017, 11:23 AM
so you didnt want to pay Malik Jackson that kind of money but you will pay the older, declining version about the same

makes sense, not

Quesadilla Joe
03-09-2017, 11:26 AM
so you didnt want to pay Malik Jackson that kind of money but you will pay the older, declining version about the same

makes sense, not

Denver didn't have the cap space last year.

RunKC
03-09-2017, 11:27 AM
Rotoworld

Mutual interest between Martellus & Raiders tinyurl.com/hpyt24y

I don't like this at all

ForeverChiefs58
03-09-2017, 11:28 AM
https://images.scribblelive.com/2017/3/9/c3a00fed-a2c5-4615-a84c-220e7f4856a4_400.jpg

Interesting tax map

Quesadilla Joe
03-09-2017, 11:28 AM
As Chris Mortensen has reported the Broncos are indeed still trying to get an agreement with Denver native Calais Campbell. And their feeling is a high intensity pursuit of Campbell is in keeping to John Elway's vow after the past season to try to keep the team's defense at an elite level. And it also shows it is Campbell who just might be the Broncos' top target in free agency.http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0631542727883887193-4

ModSocks
03-09-2017, 11:29 AM
Doesn't look like there's much of a market for Poe. At least not what some of us were anticipating.

There's a report that Charles could be headed to Seattle.

ForeverChiefs58
03-09-2017, 11:31 AM
Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter
Cowboys G Ron Leary plans to sign with the Denver Broncos assuming no last-minute negotiating snags, per sources.

Broncos to sign G Ronald Leary to a four-year deal worth $35m with $20m gtd, source says. Big money for a guy once lost in the shuffle.

thabear04
03-09-2017, 11:31 AM
Doesn't look like there's much of a market for Poe. At least not what some of us were anticipating.

There's a report that Charles could be headed to Seattle.

Washington was but they already sign that DT from the Cowboys.

ForeverChiefs58
03-09-2017, 11:33 AM
Recently Signed WR AAV Ranks

Kenny Britt: $8 .125M (17th)
Kenny Stills: $8M (18th)
Robert Woods: $7 .8M (20th)
Torrey Smith: $5M (28th)

ForeverChiefs58
03-09-2017, 11:34 AM
Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet
The #Dolphins placed a first round tender on LB Kiko Alonso, who they are trying to sign to a long-term extension.

MotherfuckerJones
03-09-2017, 11:35 AM
KC won't finish higher than 3rd this season. Denver will be better and Oakland will take the next step. Thanks Reid for keeping this shit bag cocksucking pansy QB

Titty Meat
03-09-2017, 11:37 AM
Denver bout to sweep us next year

Dave Lane
03-09-2017, 11:38 AM
Stephon Gilmore expected to sign with Patriots

In what is becoming a recurring theme in free agency, one of the best cornerbacks on the open market will likely land with the New England Patriots.

Former Bills first-round pick and 2016 Pro Bowler Stephon Gilmore is closing in on a deal with the Patriots, according to NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport. Gilmore, believed by some to be the best free agent cornerback available on the market, is just 26 going on 27. He finished last season with a career-high five interceptions for 135 return yards. Gilmore also broke up 12 passes and added 42 solo tackles.

ForeverChiefs58
03-09-2017, 11:40 AM
$4 .25M of dead money with Sean Smith if released. 3/11 roster bonus became fully GTD without an offset on 3/16/16.

MahiMike
03-09-2017, 11:41 AM
Word in Jax is the Broncos trying to steal Calais Campbell from Jags.

MotherfuckerJones
I can't wait for Smith to shit the bed this season. My hope is we draft our 1st round guy. If we're have a bad 8-8 season, so be it. Get Smith the fuck out and have a higher draft pick next season to add an impact player on either side of the ball.

ModSocks
Denver bout to sweep us next year

Cuck

MotherfuckerJones
Denver gona get Campbell on that defense? KC better go get Hightower.

MotherfuckerJones
03-09-2017, 11:42 AM
Not too worried about Denver's OL. It's shitty and will be. Bad OL draft class as well. Good luck with all that. Too bad they'll have the better QB yet again.

ForeverChiefs58
03-09-2017, 11:43 AM
@RapSheet
The #Cowboys just lost a player who will make more than $8M … and won’t have to replace a starter on their offensive line. Ridiculous.

Coochie liquor
03-09-2017, 11:44 AM

This. And I feel that's the deal. They don't like these qb's.

ForeverChiefs58
03-09-2017, 11:45 AM
spotrac
@spotrac
Chandler Jones entered the offseason carrying a $16 .2M calculated market value. It appears the #Cardinals have extended him at a $16 .5M AAV.

The Franchise
03-09-2017, 11:45 AM
I'll wait until I crown that Denver defense to be one of the best next year. Losing Wade is going to hurt.

MotherfuckerJones
03-09-2017, 11:46 AM
It's the same shit every year. QB next year. It's been 4 goddamn seasons since we got Smith. Draft a fucking guy. Stop pussyfooting around the position. It's going to bite them if they ignore it and Smith goes down and they have Bray behind them.

Mile High Mania
03-09-2017, 11:46 AM
I'll wait until I crown that Denver defense to be one of the best next year. Losing Wade is going to hurt.

Maybe.

MotherfuckerJones
03-09-2017, 11:48 AM
Maybe.

Miami had some talent on defense and they were awful. I don't get the love affair with Vance Joseph.

The Franchise
03-09-2017, 11:48 AM
Maybe.

You guys still have the talent....don't get me wrong. But you have a bunch of hot heads on that team. Wade was good at keeping them in control.

ForeverChiefs58
03-09-2017, 11:49 AM
@RapSheet
The #Rams are signing QB Aaron Murray, per his agency @_SportsTrust

The Franchise
03-09-2017, 11:50 AM
So the Rams now have:

Jared Goff
Sean Mannion
Aaron Murray

thabear04
03-09-2017, 11:51 AM
Broncos agreed to terms with LG Ronald Leary, formerly of the Cowboys, on a four-year, $35-million contract.

Quesadilla Joe
03-09-2017, 11:52 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Calais Campbell still frequently visits hometown of Denver. Has brother, sister Keyonne still living in Denver. JAX so far away. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/9sports?src=hash">#9sports</a></p>&mdash; Mike Klis (@MikeKlis) <a href="https://twitter.com/MikeKlis/status/839896358899355648">March 9, 2017</a></blockquote>

MotherfuckerJones
03-09-2017, 11:52 AM
Alex Smith's cap number is fireable.