PDA

View Full Version : Matt Miller's post-combine, 7 round mock

Quesadilla Joe
03-07-2017, 07:47 AM
Chiefs picks...

27. Kansas City Chiefs Pat Mahomes

Draft a developmental quarterback for the inevitable decline of Alex Smith or plug holes and try to load up for one more Super Bowl run?

Those are the options facing the Chiefs with pick No. 27 overall. With no viable long-term option on the roster behind Smith—unless the team keeps Nick Foles in a restructured deal—it makes sense to grab a talented quarterback if one happens to be available and then focus on team-building in Rounds 2-7.

Patrick Mahomes has unreal tools, but needs his mechanics re-worked and time to acclimate to a pro offense before he's thrown to the wolves of an NFL defense. Andy Reid would be the ideal QB mentor for Mahomes to learn under, which might make this match too good to be true.

59. Kansas City RB Joe Mixon, Oklahoma
91. Kansas City CB Howard Wilson, Houston
104. Kansas City* S John Johnson, Boston College
132. Kansas City DL Eddie Vanderdoes, UCLA
170. Kansas City EDGE Avery Moss, Youngstown
180. Kansas City* DL Ryan Glasgow, Michigan
216. Kansas City* WR Damore'ea Stringfellow, Ole Miss
218. Kansas City* TE Pharaoh Brown, Oregon
245. Kansas City CB Ezra Robinson, Tennessee State

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2696408-2017-nfl-mock-draft-matt-millers-post-combine-projections?utm_campaign=tsiphone&utm_medium=referral&utm_source=twitter.com

Direckshun
03-07-2017, 08:02 AM
The first two picks are money.

I wish they'd have is going a lot heavier on the front seven instead of secondary, however.

RunKC
03-07-2017, 08:25 AM
I don't think they will take Mixon after the PR hit they had last year with Tyreek. This kid has a video too. He's a top 20 talent but I still can't get on board.

I don't think S will be addressed early. ILB sounds more realistic. OL will be addressed IMO.

Also think if any QB falls to us it will be Kizer. I've read that his stock is down while Mahommes is rising fast.

Direckshun
03-07-2017, 09:15 AM
I'm of the opposite mind.

If they do their research with Mixon, and they feel close to ensured they're fine... then Hill provides them cover.

The Franchise
03-07-2017, 10:02 AM
I really doubt they draft Mixon. And that's considering that I think what he did was way easier to explain over what Hill did.

DJ's left nut
03-07-2017, 10:15 AM
I really doubt they draft Mixon. And that's considering that I think what he did was way easier to explain over what Hill did.

Yeah, they got away with it once; you really want to spin that wheel again?

Personally I think he's just a violent fuckstain who decided to deck a drunk chick. "Explain away" my ass - even if her friend did call him a ****er (and I won't assume he did because 'he called me a racial slur' has been the go-to move for every black guy that acted out for the last 10 years), what the hell does that have to do with anything? He knew good and well that she didn't call him anything.

He just slugged a drunk chick because he was out with his boys and didn't want to look like he backed down to a little blond girl. There's no explaining away what he did either.

Mixon's a piece of shit, just as Hill was. And frankly, I'm not convinced he's even a repentant piece of shit; I guarantee you he calls that girl a cunt who's cost him millions every time the lights aren't on him. I don't think he feels bad about what he did for a minute, he just wishes he hadn't been caught.

Mixon can die in a fire.

The Franchise
03-07-2017, 10:17 AM

Personally I think he's just a violent fuckstain who decided to deck a drunk chick. "Explain away" my ass - even if her friend did call him a ****er (and I won't assume he did because 'he called me a racial slur' has been the go-to move for every black guy that acted out for the last 10 years), what the hell does that have to do with anything? He knew good and well that she didn't call him anything.

He just slugged a drunk chick because he was out with his boys and didn't want to look like he backed down to a little blond girl. There's no explaining away what he did either.

Mixon's a piece of shit, just as Hill was. And frankly, I'm not convinced he's even a repentant piece of shit; I guarantee you he calls that girl a cunt who's cost him millions every time the lights aren't on him. I don't think he feels bad about what he did for a minute, he just wishes he hadn't been caught.

Mixon can die in a fire.

Oh I'm not defending him. I'm just saying that "a momentary lapse of judgement" is easier for an organization to explain instead of "beat his pregnant girlfriend".

raybec 4
03-07-2017, 10:22 AM
I'd really rather they grab a serviceable ILB in there some where. There's way too many talented backs in the draft to latch on to Mixon with all of that shit. The last thing the Chiefs want is to become the only team in the NFL that doesn't give a shit about guys beating women. At least not until they win something meaningful.

RunKC
03-07-2017, 10:28 AM
1. Pat Mahommes QB TTU
2. Wayne Gallman RB Clemson
3. Bucky Hodges TE VT
3. Tarell Basham DE Ohio
4. Jaleel Johnson Iowa

Not sure about the rest, but this would be pretty goddamn awesome if it happened

The Franchise
03-07-2017, 10:37 AM
1. Pat Mahomes, QB, Texas Tech
2. Trade up 5 spots - Zach Cunningham, ILB, Vanderbilt
3. Howard Wilson, CB, Houston
3. Jake Butt, TE, Michigan
4. Jarron Jones, DE, Notre Dame

Direckshun
03-07-2017, 01:05 PM

Personally I think he's just a violent ****stain who decided to deck a drunk chick. "Explain away" my ass - even if her friend did call him a ****er (and I won't assume he did because 'he called me a racial slur' has been the go-to move for every black guy that acted out for the last 10 years), what the hell does that have to do with anything? He knew good and well that she didn't call him anything.

Mixon's a piece of shit, just as Hill was. And frankly, I'm not convinced he's even a repentant piece of shit; I guarantee you he calls that girl a **** who's cost him millions every time the lights aren't on him. I don't think he feels bad about what he did for a minute, he just wishes he hadn't been caught.

Mixon can die in a fire.

To be fair, black guys get called that a lot.

Direckshun
03-07-2017, 01:06 PM
1. Pat Mahomes, QB, Texas Tech
2. Trade up 5 spots - Zach Cunningham, ILB, Vanderbilt
3. Howard Wilson, CB, Houston
3. Jake Butt, TE, Michigan
4. Jarron Jones, DE, Notre Dame

After his Combine performance, Cunningham may actually fall that far.

O.city
03-07-2017, 01:07 PM
Mixon is really good though. I'd take him. Lol

raybec 4
03-07-2017, 01:07 PM
To be fair, black guys get called that a lot.

How do you know this?

Direckshun
03-07-2017, 01:13 PM
How do you know this?

Because black people claim it's happening almost universally, and racism is prevalent in our society.

raybec 4
03-07-2017, 01:16 PM
Because black people claim it's happening almost universally, and racism is prevalent in our society.

I sure hope you aren't suggesting that the "prevalent racism" he's encountered justified him punching a female (who wasn't even the name caller if I heard correctly) in the face

Direckshun
03-07-2017, 01:26 PM
I sure hope you aren't suggesting that the "prevalent racism" he's encountered justified him punching a female (who wasn't even the name caller if I heard correctly) in the face

I would not say it remotely justifies it.

Just justifying black guys claiming it happens a lot.

dj56dt58
03-07-2017, 01:30 PM
I say draft Mixon. I'm glad this franchise is moving away from only drafting good 'ol boys. Their job is to draft the best players, and a guy like Andy Reid has a rep for keeping guys in line. 80,000 people chant Tyreek on every return, I'd say that he has been forgiven in KC

raybec 4
03-07-2017, 02:00 PM
I would not say it remotely justifies it.

Just justifying black guys claiming it happens a lot.

If you aren't pointing to it as some sort of justification, why bring it up at all?

Direckshun
03-07-2017, 02:50 PM
If you aren't pointing to it as some sort of justification, why bring it up at all?

DJLN made an offhand remark that black guys were perhaps a little too trigger happy claiming the N word is thrown at them.

I'm just saying it is, in fact, thrown at them a ton.

A little social commentary for a little social commentary. You can take that for what it is.

I'd call it a "casual aside." :D

Pitt Gorilla
03-07-2017, 03:59 PM
Mahomes is a check-down pass guru.

staylor26
03-07-2017, 04:01 PM
Mixon is really good though. I'd take him. Lol

I would too with 0 ****s given

He's arguably the 2nd best RB prospect in this draft. Definitely the 3rd.

kccrow
03-08-2017, 06:43 PM
DJLN made an offhand remark that black guys were perhaps a little too trigger happy claiming the N word is thrown at them.

I'm just saying it is, in fact, thrown at them a ton.

A little social commentary for a little social commentary. You can take that for what it is.

I'd call it a "casual aside." :D

This isn't really for the draft forum, but I call bullshit. I'd argue black people call themselves the N word far more than by any other race and it isn't even close. You can't erase something you fuel yourself. That said, I'm done on the topic and moving on.

saphojunkie
03-08-2017, 08:55 PM
This isn't really for the draft forum, but I call bullshit. I'd argue black people call themselves the N word far more than by any other race and it isn't even close. You can't erase something you fuel yourself. That said, I'm done on the topic and moving on.

I'm gonna say something completely asinine then say I'm done and move on!

kccrow
03-08-2017, 10:26 PM
I'm gonna say something completely asinine then say I'm done and move on!

I wanted to deflect having to name the reasons, figuring it was fairly obvious to anyone with half a functioning brain but that's apparently not a possibility here.
I watch them greet each other on the daily with it. I watch them sing it in their music. I watch them use it as a vile word against one another daily, just as wrongly as another race. If there is an ass in this conversation, it's you kid.

Willie Lanier
03-08-2017, 11:08 PM

Yeah, you're right, this does not belong in the draft forum

ChiefAshhole1056
03-08-2017, 11:25 PM
Mixon is probably a 1st rounder at this point, I wouldn't mind him as the pick if Mahomes isn't there.

Mr_Tomahawk
03-09-2017, 07:43 AM
I would take this all day.

Direckshun
03-09-2017, 08:46 AM
I really don't like Mixon in the first.

He's a stud, but we need to take either a QB or a front seven player in the 1st.

This draft is ridiculous with RBs. Get one on day two, or trust Bienemy with a Day 3 pick.

Quesadilla Joe
03-16-2017, 10:00 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Fomer Oklahoma RB Joe Mixon will visit <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Broncos?src=hash">#Broncos</a> today, as <a href="https://twitter.com/DanGrazianoESPN">@DanGrazianoESPN</a> reported. Talented RB, with a lot of baggage.</p>&mdash; Cameron Wolfe (@CameronWolfe) <a href="https://twitter.com/CameronWolfe/status/842396599447830528">March 16, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>:shake:

raybec 4
03-16-2017, 10:03 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Fomer Oklahoma RB Joe Mixon will visit <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Broncos?src=hash">#Broncos</a> today, as <a href="https://twitter.com/DanGrazianoESPN">@DanGrazianoESPN</a> reported. Talented RB, with a lot of baggage.</p>&mdash; Cameron Wolfe (@CameronWolfe) <a href="https://twitter.com/CameronWolfe/status/842396599447830528">March 16, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>:shake:

Why not? You guys could use a good back.

Quesadilla Joe
03-16-2017, 10:10 AM
Why not? You guys could use a good back.

I just don't want him on the Broncos. The dude broke a girls jaw.

Chief Northman
03-16-2017, 07:58 PM
I just don't want him on the Broncos. The dude broke a girls jaw.

Y'all be chanting his name if he ends up there.

No denying his talent.

Titty Meat
03-19-2017, 01:54 PM
Yeah Reid and Dorsey are pretty untouchable at this point only thing that would sabotage that is a losing season with Mixon beating another chick. At that point somebody's job would be on the line.

raybec 4
03-20-2017, 11:21 AM
Y'all be chanting his name if he ends up there.

No denying his talent.

Yup, guaranteed. If he made the pro bowl or anything good happened, Know Mo would be posting stats and tweets and anything else good he could find.