PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Demetrius Harris: Idiot

Grim
03-08-2017, 08:41 AM
Felony possession of marijuana!?!?!??!

http://www.kmbc.com/article/kansas-city-chief-demetrius-harris-arrested-for-marijuana-possession/9106994

What an idiot.

The Franchise
03-08-2017, 08:42 AM
Well bye.

Dayze
03-08-2017, 08:43 AM
keepin' it real.

Rooster
03-08-2017, 08:43 AM
Was he looking for a Sonic?

Hammock Parties
03-08-2017, 08:46 AM
guess he couldn't drop the habit

The Franchise
Did he drop it?

Direckshun
Good thing it's a really great year for TEs in the Draft.

Direckshun
Also, it's really fucking stupid weed is illegal.

Titty Meat
03-08-2017, 08:47 AM
Good riddance he sucked. It's too bad Alex Smith doesn't deal drugs too.

Eleazar
03-08-2017, 08:51 AM
Nice. The drug laws in this fine country have freed up dead weight from a roster spot.

ptlyon
03-08-2017, 08:52 AM
They called him Bates in there ROFL

Pasta Little Brioni
03-08-2017, 08:59 AM
Found vons stash

Rain Man
03-08-2017, 09:02 AM
Found vons stash

It was probably in the wine bottles.

Marijuana must be really enjoyable, because it seems like a lot of highly paid athletes risk their careers to use it.

RealSNR
03-08-2017, 09:04 AM

Marijuana must be really enjoyable, because it seems like a lot of highly paid athletes risk their careers to use it.

Imagine it's a decent pain reliever

Marcellus
03-08-2017, 09:06 AM
:facepalm:

MahiMike
03-08-2017, 09:07 AM
Felony?

RippedmyFlesh
03-08-2017, 09:08 AM
Hopefully

https://cdn.meme.am/cache/instances/folder664/46706664.jpg

BigBeauford
03-08-2017, 09:09 AM
The laws regarding a benign plant ruins another person's life and livelihood. Guess we should celebrate?

jspchief
03-08-2017, 09:09 AM
Good. Finally a reason to dump his worthless ass.

jspchief
03-08-2017, 09:10 AM
There goes "the best TE group in the NFL"...

Hammock Parties
03-08-2017, 09:12 AM

our three TE set will be deadly LMAO

Dante84
03-08-2017, 09:14 AM
1. Legalize weed.
2. Cut this stupid mother fucker. Least favorite chief.

ClevelandBronco
03-08-2017, 09:15 AM
How much weed would that have to be?

Fish
03-08-2017, 09:20 AM
How much weed would that have to be?

Says over 35g. Just over an ounce. That seems pretty harsh....

http://norml.org/laws/item/missouri-penalties-2

Reerun_KC
03-08-2017, 09:36 AM
Bones, Thugs and Andy....

Halfcan
03-08-2017, 09:39 AM
Says over 35g. Just over an ounce. That seems pretty harsh....

http://norml.org/laws/item/missouri-penalties-2

First off, why is he driving through Bates County in the afternoon? As a black man, his risk of being pulled over there is already double. Plus they had a lot of storm damage. He should have known he would automatically be considered a looter. Joking of course- I don't think they are nearly as racist as they used to be in good Ol' Bates county- or are they? :hmmm:

An ounce of weed is a felony? Seems very harsh. At least he wasn't in Alabama with an ounce of weed- probably get 10 years of hard labor.

Did this guy not learn anything from Bowe-he lost millions over a joint. :rolleyes:

Rooster
03-08-2017, 09:40 AM

Exactly. Harris is like Hernandez minus murdering people and catching the ball consistently.

ThaVirus
03-08-2017, 09:41 AM
Imagine it's a decent pain reliever

I'd say so.

If anyone needs the shit I'd say it'd be these guys.

Chief Northman
03-08-2017, 09:42 AM
Bones, Thugs and Andy....

Not your best work.

TimeForWasp
03-08-2017, 09:45 AM
Shit or get off the pot.

hometeam
03-08-2017, 09:45 AM
Im not convinced chiefs will cut him, but wouldnt be surprised if they did.

Its ok hes JAG

Reerun_KC
03-08-2017, 09:47 AM
Not your best work.

its sarcasm...

Buffets, desserts and Andy...

ROFL

If you were a fan back in the Marty days, you would understand the reference....

Easy 6
03-08-2017, 09:53 AM
Well bye.

I was ready to ditch his sorry ass before this idiocy, now its a no brainer

Chief Northman
03-08-2017, 10:05 AM
If cut now, Chiefs accrue $400,000 in dead money but gain $1,150,000 in cap space. Cut him post June 1st and the dead money decreases to $200,000 with a $1,350,000 amount of cap space created.

Thanks Demetrius!

He almost pays for Santos this year.....

The Franchise
03-08-2017, 10:08 AM
If cut now, Chiefs accrue $400,000 in dead money but gain $1,150,000 in cap space. Cut him post June 1st and the dead money decreases to $200,000 with a $1,350,000 amount of cap space created.

Thanks Demetrius!

He almost pays for Santos this year.....

Depends on if his arrest voids any guaranteed money.

PAChiefsGuy
03-08-2017, 10:09 AM
I don't think him smoking weed makes him an idiot. Lighten up people.

Chief Northman
03-08-2017, 10:10 AM
its sarcasm...

Buffets, desserts and Andy...

ROFL

If you were a fan back in the Marty days, you would understand the reference....

Oh I get the reference....

Just teasing you.

ptlyon
03-08-2017, 10:11 AM
I don't think him smoking weed makes him an idiot. Lighten up people.

No, smoking a banned substance during the few years of your career that can set you up for life and losing out on that makes you an idiot

Easy 6
03-08-2017, 10:14 AM
No, smoking a banned substance during the few years of your career that can set you up for life and losing out on that makes you an idiot

This

Yes weed should be legal, but right now its not... so dont **** up your life by messing with it

And its not really about the weed anyway, its about the fact that he is a shitty tight end and this makes a fine excuse to dump him

PAChiefsGuy
03-08-2017, 10:16 AM

I guess but remember tons of players do it he just got caught. He's young and made a mistake. We all have.

That said we should definitely look to upgrade backup TE position but I don't think him getting caught with weed is that big of a deal. I'd rather he do that than get a DUI...

Reerun_KC
03-08-2017, 10:17 AM
Oh I get the reference....

Just teasing you.

:cuss:

ClevelandBronco
03-08-2017, 10:18 AM

That cuts quite cleanly through the surrounding bullshit.

ptlyon
03-08-2017, 10:22 AM
Yes weed should be legal, but right now its not... so dont **** up your life by messing with it

I don't give a shit if it's legal or not. I still can't smoke it due to my company's policy. NFL would be no different. Want to smoke? Earn your money and smoke all you want after you retire. It's that simple.

(sorry, not singling you out here, just making a point)

ptlyon
03-08-2017, 10:24 AM
I guess but remember tons of players do it he just got caught.

That makes no difference. What's banned is banned, it's that simple.

PAChiefsGuy
03-08-2017, 10:31 AM
That makes no difference. What's banned is banned, it's that simple.

Fine but don't act like weed is some horrible drug and that anyone who gets caught is an idiot. The law is stupid more than anything and needs to be changed ASAP.

He's young, he made a mistake. Hopefully he can get another chance.

Eleazar
03-08-2017, 10:38 AM

Not really.

Coke or heroin I can see screwing your life up over, but weed?

It'd be like putting in a request for your last meal and asking for a PB&J

Dayze
03-08-2017, 10:38 AM
it's a risk / reward thing for me. if I were an athlete who only had a finite number of years to capitalize and make the kind of money that could potentially set you up for the rest of your life.......do you really want to risk that reward to do something that you could do as often as you want once you're done with the NFL?

Harris, and anything other NFL player that gets popped for usage, purchase or possession of it is an idiot.
even if it's for pain management, he's still an idiot because it's still a banned substance at the moment. and I'm 100% in favor of its' legalization across the board. If my current job didn''t drug test, I'd have a stash of my own. but, it's not worth losing my income to smoke.

ptlyon
03-08-2017, 10:42 AM
Fine but don't act like weed is some horrible drug and that anyone who gets caught is an idiot. The law is stupid more than anything and needs to be changed ASAP.

Look, the company I work for has an anti drug policy. If I get tested and show positive I could lose my job. Risking my career just to get high, yes, does make me an idiot.

I know plenty that use, and they can, they're not tested. That's fine, whatever, I don't really care. Not my business.

And, yes, everyone deserves a second chance. Except Alex Smith, of course.

PAChiefsGuy
03-08-2017, 10:45 AM
Look, the company I work for has an anti drug policy. If I get tested and show positive I could lose my job. Risking my career just to get high, yes, does make me an idiot.

I know plenty that use, and they can, they're not tested. That's fine, whatever, I don't really care. Not my business.

And, yes, everyone deserves a second chance. Except Alex Smith, of course.

Lol. Fair enough man. I see your point. I'm not saying I agree with you 100% but I get where you are coming from.

I used to be an alcoholic and when I got drunk sometimes I'd use hard drugs. The only thing that got me to stop drinking was weed which I can control easily. So it is a soft spot for me. We don't know why Harris smokes so I'm not going to judge him harshly but you do make a good point.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
03-08-2017, 10:46 AM
Are we Ross Travis fans on CP?

ChiliConCarnage
03-08-2017, 10:49 AM
meh, I wouldn't cut him over it. This isn't going to hurt the team/franchise in anyway

pugsnotdrugs19
03-08-2017, 10:53 AM
Cut his ass tbh

ptlyon
03-08-2017, 10:55 AM
We don't know why Harris smokes so I'm not going to judge him harshly but you do make a good point.

Thanks Sir

ClevelandBronco
03-08-2017, 11:00 AM
Lol. Fair enough man. I see your point. I'm not saying I agree with you 100% but I get where you are coming from.

I used to be an alcoholic and when I got drunk sometimes I'd use hard drugs. The only thing that got me to stop drinking was weed which I can control easily. So it is a soft spot for me. We don't know why Harris smokes so I'm not going to judge him harshly but you do make a good point.

Just stay the fuck out of NA and we good.

PAChiefsGuy
03-08-2017, 11:02 AM
Just stay the **** out of NA and we good.

I'm good. I don't even drink... Just give some ganja and I am fine.PBJ

Marcellus
03-08-2017, 11:12 AM
I'd say so.

If anyone needs the shit I'd say it'd be these guys.

Does he need to numb the pain in his fingers from the ball bouncing off them all the time or something?

raybec 4
03-08-2017, 11:17 AM

I have a different take, I smoke and yes, if I get caught I'm an idiot. If you do something you know to be illegal and get caught you're an idiot. Whether you agree with the law or not. Especially if you are an overpaid backup tight end with the dropsies.

O.city
03-08-2017, 11:21 AM
Just legalize it and be done with it

dj56dt58
03-08-2017, 12:05 PM
First off, why is he driving through Bates County in the afternoon? As a black man, his risk of being pulled over there is already double. Plus they had a lot of storm damage. He should have known he would automatically be considered a looter. Joking of course- I don't think they are nearly as racist as they used to be in good Ol' Bates county- or are they? :hmmm:

An ounce of weed is a felony? Seems very harsh. At least he wasn't in Alabama with an ounce of weed- probably get 10 years of hard labor.

Did this guy not learn anything from Bowe-he lost millions over a joint. :rolleyes:

He was probably traveling on the highway. This was Monday afternoon-before the storms

jspchief
03-08-2017, 12:09 PM
Are we Ross Travis fans on CP?
CP loves it's training camp superstars.

ptlyon
03-08-2017, 12:17 PM
CP loves it's training camp superstars.

Jesse Haynes :wayne:

KCUnited
03-08-2017, 12:19 PM
Tough road ahead if we want to hoist another consecutive Offseason Champions banner with this kind of nonsense happening.

58-4ever
03-08-2017, 12:19 PM
Also, it's really ****ing stupid weed is illegal.

This is very true. Fucking shit, man... How much do you have to have for it to be a felony?

ptlyon
03-08-2017, 12:22 PM
This is very true. ****ing shit, man... How much do you have to have for it to be a felony?

Why you askin :spock:

PunkinDrublic
03-08-2017, 12:22 PM
How dare he go against the NFLs approved prescription pain killers and cut into big pharmas profits.

58-4ever
03-08-2017, 12:23 PM
Why you askin :spock:

Because I smoke a TON of weed... haha, in all seriousness, I think should be legal.

58-4ever
03-08-2017, 12:24 PM
How dare he go against the NFLs approved prescription pain killers and cut into big pharmas profits.

We have a BINGO...

KCUnited
03-08-2017, 12:26 PM
Amsterdam, Netherlands, not Missouri you dummy.

Rain Man
03-08-2017, 12:31 PM
Why are people unhappy with Demetrius on the football field? Sure, he's dropped some inconsequential passes, but he made a critical two-point play in the epic win over Denver, and of course he caught the game-tying two-point play against the Steelers in the playoffs, before the league decided that Pittsburgh should win the game.

PunkinDrublic
03-08-2017, 12:42 PM
Pro football players do a lot of things that make me shake my head but smoking weed is not one of them. Most of us work in an office or some kind of 9-5 job that doesn't put us at a daily risk for concussions. More and more I think the pain management benefits are helping players to the point that they are willing to risk whatever consequences the league dishes out to them.

MotherfuckerJones
03-08-2017, 12:45 PM
Good, cut this stone-handed motherfucker.

MMXcalibur
03-08-2017, 12:57 PM

Perfectly said.

Thanks for holding on to a ball or two, Demetrius.

ptlyon
03-08-2017, 01:00 PM
Perfectly said.

Thanks. A well placed comma would've made it easier to read though.

Mr. Laz
03-08-2017, 01:00 PM

Current Administration actually wants to reverse the legalization that as already happened.

Halfcan
03-08-2017, 01:09 PM
He was probably traveling on the highway. This was Monday afternoon-before the storms

So maybe he was speeding? Or maybe he was high and driving Under the speed limit. ROFL

Back in the day, I got pulled over in Bates County for having long hair and my music was too loud. The cop said he didn't like my attitude. :shake:

Marcellus
03-08-2017, 01:36 PM

I'm on the fence on this because these dumbasses that make millions of $ that cant stay off the weed don't present a very good argument for it not being addictive.

And a backup TE who has barely played, and hasn't played in months doesn't really fit the pain management scenario. That's a flat out excuse 90% of the time.

Marcellus
03-08-2017, 01:38 PM
Pro football players do a lot of things that make me shake my head but smoking weed is not one of them. Most of us work in an office or some kind of 9-5 job that doesn't put us at a daily risk for concussions. More and more I think the pain management benefits are helping players to the point that they are willing to risk whatever consequences the league dishes out to them.

"I'll take overblown crock of shit for $1000 Alex".

PAChiefsGuy
03-08-2017, 01:40 PM
I'm on the fence on this because these dumbasses that make millions of $ that cant stay off the weed don't present a very good argument for it not being addictive.

And a backup TE who has barely played, and hasn't played in months doesn't really fit the pain management scenario. That's a flat out excuse 90% of the time.

It's definitely addictive but no more than alcohol is.

Alcohol is legal so why can't weed be? You don't see people getting aggressive and doing/saying dumb sh*t the way alcohol affects certain people.

Weed being illegal is one of the most outdated and stupid laws currently in place. Even Israel is now decriminalizing marijuana.

JohnnyHammersticks
03-08-2017, 01:44 PM
He may have been the best TE ever who was no good at blocking or catching.

Marcellus
03-08-2017, 01:44 PM
It's definitely addictive but no more than alcohol is.

Alcohol is legal so why can't weed be? You don't see people getting aggressive and doing/saying dumb sh*t the way alcohol affects certain people.

Weed being illegal is one of the most outdated and stupid laws currently in place. Even Israel is now decriminalizing marijuana.

Pretty simple, alcohol isn't illegal and wont be made illegal because the majority of the country drinks.

Making something that is currently illegal and you know is addictive legal, isn't very smart.

Typically you try to improve on these things not make them worse.

Personally I don't care either way but the argument that its harmless or its because of big pharma seems 100% bullshit to me.

If you wanted to argue fuck it, its not worth the $ fighting it and putting people in jail over it, then OK.

Easy 6
03-08-2017, 01:54 PM
All of the white knighters are hilarious, the guy ****ing sucks at football and he was stupid enough to get caught with an oz... cut that turd

Mr. Laz
03-08-2017, 02:10 PM
Harris is talented as hell, just dumb.

jspchief
03-08-2017, 02:12 PM
All of the white knighters are hilarious, the guy ****ing sucks at football and he was stupid enough to get caught with an oz... cut that turd
All the white knighters are just stoners that support everything that has a marijuana leaf on it, including penalty prone TEs with the drops.

Eleazar
03-08-2017, 02:13 PM
All the white knighters are just stoners that support everything that has a marijuana leaf on it, including penalty prone TEs with the drops.

/thread

BigBeauford
03-08-2017, 02:19 PM
Pretty simple, alcohol isn't illegal and wont be made illegal because the majority of the country drinks.

Making something that is currently illegal and you know is addictive legal, isn't very smart.

Typically you try to improve on these things not make them worse.

Personally I don't care either way but the argument that its harmless or its because of big pharma seems 100% bullshit to me.

If you wanted to argue **** it, its not worth the $ fighting it and putting people in jail over it, then OK.

If your argument is that something shouldn't be legal because it is addicting, I think that's a poor argument. Sex, booze, and gambling are all addicting, and two of which have been shown to cause way more harm than good. I will accept any argument that shows marijuana to be harmful.

oldman
03-08-2017, 02:31 PM
its because of big pharma seems 100% bullshit to me.

This is exactly 100% correct. Why would big pharma want this legal when they can sell you oxy, demerol, or a host of other much more addicting drugs at a higher price?
But back to subject. Harris can go, there are a lot of TEs in this draft that would be cheaper and don't have hands of stone.

raybec 4
03-08-2017, 02:33 PM
If your argument is that something shouldn't be legal because it is addicting, I think that's a poor argument. Sex, booze, and gambling are all addicting, and two of which have been shown to cause way more harm than good. I will accept any argument that shows marijuana to be harmful.

I think Demetrius Harris may think it's harmful now.

PunkinDrublic
03-08-2017, 02:37 PM
"I'll take overblown crock of shit for $1000 Alex".

Based on what?

gblowfish
03-08-2017, 03:06 PM
What the Hell is this guy doing in Bates County? There's NOTHING in Bates County.
Guess this mean Harris ends up with the Seahawks or Donks.

Mr. Laz
03-08-2017, 03:08 PM
big pharma wants to keep pot illegal because it will cut into their opioid painkiller pill profits

Big Pharma bribes Congress to prevent the legalization of pot on both sides of the aisle.

Whether their name has an R or a D next to it, they are still stuffing their pockets full of bribe money from special interest groups.

Nickhead
03-08-2017, 03:08 PM
you would think he could have afforded a mule for the travels :sigh:

and anyone who thinks weed is a bad substance: not one human has died or overdosed strictly from weed. if one says they have, they were on something else at the time.

aaaaaaaaaaaand, if you want to throw out all the statistics of pot users in rehab, look at how many of those users were court mandated recovery programs :D

Dayze
03-08-2017, 03:11 PM
What the Hell is this guy doing in Bates County? There's NOTHING in Bates County.
Guess this mean Harris ends up with the Seahawks or Donks.

except good deals on weed apparently.

HonestChieffan
03-08-2017, 03:18 PM
Bates Conty is not very friendly to law breakers of any kind. Best keep a low profile if you are prone to unlawful acts. However if you enjoy local fresh food items there are a few excelent small town opportunities.

ptlyon
03-08-2017, 03:19 PM
A lot of dope smoking maggot infested hippie bastards here I see.

Somebody please queue up the Wildwood Weed, I suck at embedding.

Marcellus
03-08-2017, 03:25 PM
This is exactly 100% correct. Why would big pharma want this legal when they can sell you oxy, demerol, or a host of other much more addicting drugs at a higher price?
But back to subject. Harris can go, there are a lot of TEs in this draft that would be cheaper and don't have hands of stone.

Weed could be legal tomorrow and I don't think they see a bit of a drop in sales of opiodes or any other kind of pain killer. People are still going to pop their pills, they aren't popping the pills because weed is illegal.

Prescription pain meds aren't expensive either or hard to get, they aren't going away.

My wife had surgery and she got a scrip for a bottle of 200 hydrocodones for $25. 200 of them.

raybec 4
03-08-2017, 03:26 PM
Weed could be legal tomorrow and I don't think they see a bit of a drop in sales of opiodes or any other kind of pain killer. People are still going to pop their pills, they aren't popping the pills because weed is illegal.

Prescription pain meds aren't expensive either or hard to get, they aren't going away.

My wife had surgery and she got a scrip for a bottle of 200 hydrocodones for $25. 200 of them.

Can she spare a few?

ct
03-08-2017, 03:30 PM
This

And its not really about the weed anyway, its about the fact that he is a shitty tight end and this makes a fine excuse to dump him

this

Mr. Laz
03-08-2017, 03:32 PM

Most people aren't aware that weed helps with pain yet.

Weed doesn't cause Opioid side effects like OIC either. Chronic pain people will flock to edible pot.

In the long run, weed will hurt pain pill sales quite a bit. Edible pot products will eventually take a huge chunk out of the pain pill market.

TribalElder
03-08-2017, 03:32 PM
It's fucking weed

The world needs to fuck off about it

Seriously, in some states it would never have been an issue. I don't care if he had a truckload.

That said, because it was in Missouri he will get dinged and the NFL will likely suspend for a game or four.

Denver and Seattle have a competitive advantage when it comes to the legality of the green leaves

Marcellus
03-08-2017, 03:39 PM
People aren't aware that weed helps with pain yet.

Weed doesn't cause Opioid side effects like OIC either. Chronic pain people will flock to edible pot.

In the long run, weed with hurt pain pill sales quite a bit. Edible pot products will eventually take a huge chunk of the pain pill market.

Lets say you are right.

Someone is going to get to make those "medical" weed edibles. And guess who its going to end up being?

Mr. Laz
03-08-2017, 03:42 PM
Lets say you are right.

Someone is going to get to make those "medical" weed edibles. And guess who its going to end up being?
Yea, very possible.

One way or another Big business finds a way to control the market.

Still, doesn't change the initial topic we are discussing

Big Pharm will block pot as long as they can then they will take over selling it. The same thing with Big Oil and renewable energy.

:shrug:

Pot doesn't help with all types of pain so there will still be a market for Opioids.

Easy 6
03-08-2017, 05:07 PM
Denver and Seattle have a competitive advantage when it comes to the legality of the green leaves

I dont think that matters to the NFL

rabblerouser
03-08-2017, 05:11 PM
Of course, he got arrested at 4:22PM...

You can't make this shit up.

Hog's Gone Fishin
03-08-2017, 05:16 PM
The laws regarding a benign plant ruins another person's life and livelihood. Guess we should celebrate?

You don't think marijuana is a bad drug !!!!!

Have you EVER been behind somebody going 5 fucking MPH when you're in a hurry !!!!!

Coochie liquor
03-08-2017, 05:18 PM
our three TE set will be deadly LMAO

I'll fess up, I thought this would be accurate. Turns out I'm a dumbass, not an expert!!

Coochie liquor
03-08-2017, 05:21 PM
Going through Bates City.... was he visiting DadLeft4Cigarettes??

DadLeft4Cigarettes
03-08-2017, 05:24 PM
only pussy boy no smowk pot

rabblerouser
03-08-2017, 05:24 PM

Bates City is in Jackson County.

Bates County is where Harris was stopped.

Easy 6
03-08-2017, 05:25 PM

LMAO

only pussy boy no smowk pot

Speak of the devil!

planetdoc
03-08-2017, 05:27 PM
http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2017/3/8/14852522/chiefs-te-demetrius-harris-arrested-for-felony-possession-of-marijuana
Sgt. Bill Lowe of the Missouri Highway Patrol told me that Harris was a passenger in the car that was pulled over for a traffic stop. It becomes a felony when it’s over 35 grams. The sergeant told me he was cooperative.

He will say it isnt his. If he is smart than his buddy will take the fall, charges will be dropped against Harris, and he faces no nfl repercussions.

Easy 6
03-08-2017, 05:35 PM
http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2017/3/8/14852522/chiefs-te-demetrius-harris-arrested-for-felony-possession-of-marijuana

He will say it isnt his. If he is smart than his buddy will take the fall, charges will be dropped against Harris, and he faces no nfl repercussions.

True... he can pay the buddies fines and some extra money for his troubles, then be free to go play for another team

rabblerouser
03-08-2017, 05:35 PM
I dont think that matters to the NFL

Arrests for illegal substances definitely matter to the NFL.

And TribalElder is correct; teams in Cali + Seattle and Denver have somewhat of an advantage, in that you can legally possess up to an Oz and not be arrested.

Hog's Gone Fishin
03-08-2017, 05:52 PM
If we cut DH and draft OJ Howard we will be much improved.

Easy 6
03-08-2017, 05:53 PM
Arrests for illegal substances definitely matter to the NFL.

And TribalElder is correct; teams in Cali + Seattle and Denver have somewhat of an advantage, in that you can legally possess up to an Oz and not be arrested.

But what I've read in the past suggests that even though weed is legal in some states, employers in those states can still refuse to employ anyone found to be a user

I'm not saying its right, but I'm pretty sure thats how it works... so in the eyes of the NFL, Demetrious just violated their drug policy

notorious
03-08-2017, 05:59 PM
Good riddance he sucked. It's too bad Alex Smith doesn't deal drugs too.

He was about to plant them in Alex's car but the local police fucked us.

planetdoc
03-08-2017, 06:13 PM
True... he can pay the buddies fines and some extra money for his troubles, then be free to go play for another team

it would cost the team a total of $400,00 in dead money releasing Harris, but the cap savings would be over a million.

I see the team holding onto him through training camp but also bringing in competition for the #2 job.

Chief Northman
03-08-2017, 06:19 PM
He was about to plant them in Alex's car but the local police ****ed us.

Heh.

Coochie liquor
03-08-2017, 06:25 PM
He was about to plant them in Alex's car but the local police fucked us.

Maybe Harris isn't so bad after all...

Hog's Gone Fishin
03-08-2017, 06:27 PM
Maybe Harris isn't so bad after all...

He dropped the fucking drugs on the way. Yeah he sux !

DaFace
03-08-2017, 06:27 PM

There has been a drop in opioid use and related deaths in Colorado FWIW. Not to zero by any means, but a drop nonetheless.

Chiefshrink
03-08-2017, 10:20 PM
Ross Travis is so much more athletically superior to DH anyway. Let's give some reps to Ross.:thumb:

Rain Man
03-08-2017, 10:21 PM
Travis Ross is so much more athletically superior to DH anyway. Let's give some reps to Ross.:thumb:

How does he compare to Jordan Cameron and Cameron Jordan?

Chiefshrink
03-08-2017, 10:31 PM

CJ is a DE. We are talking TE's. However Jordan Cameron is a well established TE and is very good. Ross although still very raw is even more athletic than JC. Just needs the reps.

Chief Northman
03-08-2017, 10:31 PM

ROFL

Chief Northman
03-08-2017, 10:32 PM
CJ is a DE. We are talking TE's.

Way over your head.....

ROSS TRAVIS

Chiefshrink
03-08-2017, 10:42 PM
Way over your head.....

ROSS TRAVIS

ROFL Yep !! Totally missed it. Great punk Rain Man !!:thumb: One of my closest friend's first name is Travis and just subconsciously put it first I guess.:shrug:

Chief Roundup
03-08-2017, 10:56 PM
Could this be what gets him released?

Sent from my SM-S906L using Tapatalk

Chiefshrink
03-08-2017, 11:00 PM
Could this be what gets him released?

Sent from my SM-S906L using Tapatalk

Well depends on how AR/JD view him. Is he JAG to them or do they slap his wrist and continue developing him? We'll soon find out.:hmmm:

beach tribe
03-08-2017, 11:41 PM
He just did us a huge favor. He is without question the biggest fuck up on this team.

penbrook
03-09-2017, 02:04 AM
He just did us a huge favor. He is without question the biggest **** up on this team.

Dude came in clutch tho

ClevelandBronco
03-09-2017, 08:18 AM
Dude came in clutch tho

That could damage the flywheel.

Thank you very much. I'll be appearing in the seventh grade lunchroom all week.

dj56dt58
03-09-2017, 08:35 AM
So maybe he was speeding? Or maybe he was high and driving Under the speed limit. ROFL

Back in the day, I got pulled over in Bates County for having long hair and my music was too loud. The cop said he didn't like my attitude. :shake:

Was it officer Pitts by chance? That prick pulled me over and demanded to search my car because he said my tongue looked green and that meant I had been smoking weed (lol wat?) I didn't let him. Guy was a complete dick

Halfcan
03-09-2017, 10:02 AM
Was it officer Pitts by chance? That prick pulled me over and demanded to search my car because he said my tongue looked green and that meant I had been smoking weed (lol wat?) I didn't let him. Guy was a complete dick

ROFL That is crazy. I am not sure who it was- but sounds about right. I didn't get a ticket- I was not doing anything to even get pulled over. But that was a half an hour I never got back.

We had a motorcycle cop in Independence like that. Officer Harding (Hard on) we called him. Once gave me 6 tickets in my Dodge SuperBee-complete roadside inspection. Then on the way to court for those- pulled me over and gave me 3 more.

I ran into him years later after he retired. I am sure he holds the record for most tickets given in a career. I recognized him and told him- hey you gave me 9 tickets once. "Oh, you had the yellow and black Superbee?" "yep, that was me." He kind of shrugged, then apologized. Said that was the most he ever gave to one person. Said he had a major drinking problem and a bad marriage and used to take it out on people. He bought me beers all night and we made our peace with it. Not sure if he is still around or died of alcoholism.

BTW his wife was named Dee and she was my manager at McDonald's. I was 15 at the time and she was the biggest Bitch I ever dealt with in the corporate world. She made me clean the restrooms with a fucking toothbrush one time. No wonder Hard on -drank so much. Two of the worst people I ever dealt with in my teen years.

dj56dt58
03-09-2017, 09:56 PM
ROFL That is crazy. I am not sure who it was- but sounds about right. I didn't get a ticket- I was not doing anything to even get pulled over. But that was a half an hour I never got back.

We had a motorcycle cop in Independence like that. Officer Harding (Hard on) we called him. Once gave me 6 tickets in my Dodge SuperBee-complete roadside inspection. Then on the way to court for those- pulled me over and gave me 3 more.

I ran into him years later after he retired. I am sure he holds the record for most tickets given in a career. I recognized him and told him- hey you gave me 9 tickets once. "Oh, you had the yellow and black Superbee?" "yep, that was me." He kind of shrugged, then apologized. Said that was the most he ever gave to one person. Said he had a major drinking problem and a bad marriage and used to take it out on people. He bought me beers all night and we made our peace with it. Not sure if he is still around or died of alcoholism.

BTW his wife was named Dee and she was my manager at McDonald's. I was 15 at the time and she was the biggest Bitch I ever dealt with in the corporate world. She made me clean the restrooms with a ****ing toothbrush one time. No wonder Hard on -drank so much. Two of the worst people I ever dealt with in my teen years.

damn ROFL at least he bought you some beers. This prick came to court and was an even bigger dick. I remember my fine was $400 plus. Don't get me wrong, I was speeding, but he didn't have to be a dick. This was on the way to a Chiefs game. I got pulled over on the same highway (not Bates), going to another game and got a ticket but the cop was really nice.

RunKC
03-10-2017, 09:53 AM
So Ross Travis is currently training with Tony Gonzalez in Cali. He's pretty much Demetrius Harris 2 years ago.

He's got a lot of athleticism but needs to bulk up and learn technique this spring. I bet he's a guy our staff wants to get more PT next year.

I have no problem cutting Harris, drafting a TE from this class and giving Ross Travis more PT.

Danguardace
08-24-2017, 08:44 AM
Having a good Pre Season, wonder when he will be suspended for this and for how long.

Getting some attention here (http://www.espn.co.uk/blog/kansas-city-chiefs/post/_/id/22014/unconventional-receiving-practice-helps-chiefs-te-demetrius-harris)

Red Dawg
08-24-2017, 08:53 AM
Cut his ass. He's done and not worth keeping.

staylor26
08-24-2017, 08:54 AM
Cut his ass. He's done and not worth keeping.

Red Dawg
08-24-2017, 08:56 AM
I believe he was arrested for stealing not long ago. Now drugs. Cut his ass and move on.

staylor26
08-24-2017, 08:59 AM
I believe he was arrested for stealing not long ago. Now drugs. Cut his ass and move on.

He's been arrested once. This thread was bumped.

He looks like he's finally turned the corner. It would be silly to cut him now.

ChiefGator
08-24-2017, 09:11 AM
Seems like Escobar is probably the man out.

Danguardace
08-24-2017, 09:15 AM
He's been arrested once. This thread was bumped.

He looks like he's finally turned the corner. It would be silly to cut him now.

If people are going to double Kelce and Hill he could clean up this year. Especially in the Redzone.

Rausch
08-24-2017, 09:23 AM
If people are going to double Kelce and Hill he could clean up this year. Especially in the Redzone.

He's been killing it in the red zone.

jaa1025
08-24-2017, 09:25 AM

Chiefs likely won't cut Escobar, especially with a suspension looming for Harris.

DaneMcCloud
08-24-2017, 09:32 AM

What has Ross Travis done this preseason to earn a roster spot?

DaneMcCloud
08-24-2017, 09:37 AM
http://www.kmbc.com/article/kansas-city-chief-demetrius-harris-arrested-for-marijuana-possession/9106994

This might be the most poorly written article I've ever read from a supposed "reputable" news outlet:

KANSAS CITY, Mo. —
Kansas City Chiefs Tight End Demetrius Harris was arrested in Bates County, Missouri on Monday afternoon.

Harris was charged with felony possession of marijuana and possession of paraphernalia, according to a Missouri Highway Patrol report.

He was sent to the Bates County Jail where he was later released.

Bates, 25, was arrested at 4:22 p.m. No other details were released.

KMBC 9 News has reached out to the Kansas City Chiefs for a comment. No comment has been released yet.

Danguardace
08-24-2017, 09:41 AM
This might be the most poorly written article I've ever read from a supposed "reputable" news outlet:

KANSAS CITY, Mo. —
Kansas City Chiefs Tight End Demetrius Harris was arrested in Bates County, Missouri on Monday afternoon.

Harris was charged with felony possession of marijuana and possession of paraphernalia, according to a Missouri Highway Patrol report.

He was sent to the Bates County Jail where he was later released.

Bates, 25, was arrested at 4:22 p.m. No other details were released.

KMBC 9 News has reached out to the Kansas City Chiefs for a comment. No comment has been released yet.

When these things happen to other teams I dont really pay attention, but is this thing normally followed up with a suspension? I mean as long as he has not been tested for it what would they suspend him for?

DJ's left nut
08-24-2017, 09:42 AM
What has Ross Travis done this preseason to earn a roster spot?

I want to like Travis and I see a ton of potential there.

But at this point he hasn't actually earned it on the field. I'm not sure if he's still practice squad eligible (he might be), but if he is I think you have to try to find a way to get him there.

Because you're right - I haven't seen anything to indicate that he should make the team at this point. Meanwhile Harris has been one of the best players on the offense all camp and it's carried into the pre-season. He's definitely played his way onto the squad.

Escobar provides insurance in the event that Harris has to sit 2-4 games. And if they're going to keep 4 HBs, they can't also keep 4 TEs. Hell, they might not be able to keep 4 of either if they also want to keep Robinson and/or Jones. There's going to be a roster crunch among those 3 positions and they ain't keeping 14-15 guys on the roster for those spots.

DaneMcCloud
08-24-2017, 09:44 AM
I want to like Travis and I see a ton of potential there.

But at this point he hasn't actually earned it on the field. I'm not sure if he's still practice squad eligible (he might be), but if he is I think you have to try to find a way to get him there.

Because you're right - I haven't seen anything to indicate that he should make the team at this point. Meanwhile Harris has been one of the best players on the offense all camp and it's carried into the pre-season. He's definitely played his way onto the squad.

Travis has less than 2 accrued seasons so from my understanding, he's eligible for the PS.

I had really hoped to see a major improvement this preseason, as he'd been here in LA working with Tony Gonzalez and Jay Glazer but it certainly hasn't translated to the field to this point.

O.city
08-24-2017, 09:46 AM
Travis seems like the guy that's been awesome in otas and the like but when the pads come on he back slides. It's understandable because of the back ground but it's been 2 years in a row

DaneMcCloud
Isn't a little weird that Harris was arrested way back on March 8th but there's been no trial or follow up info?

thegame214
The go to guy for two point conversions last year: Denver and Pitt, he's been having a great preseason

O.city
08-24-2017, 09:47 AM
Ask, people have been down on Harris for the most part but his developmental curve has been exactly what you'd want

DaneMcCloud
08-24-2017, 09:47 AM
Travis seems like the guy that's been awesome in otas and the like but when the pads come on he back slides. It's understandable because of the back ground but it's been 2 years in a row

What's a bit surprising is that the Chiefs chose to trade O'Shaugnessey, who'd actually shown a little something when healthy, over Travis, who's basically shown nothing, other than he's tall.

O.city
08-24-2017, 09:49 AM
What's a bit surprising is that the Chiefs chose to trade O'Shaugnessey, who'd actually shown a little something when healthy, over Travis, who's basically shown nothing, other than he's tall.

Yeah

I get it, they probably feel Oshags is topped out and Travis has much more upside to go but he hasn't really shown much in the field to date IMO

DJ's left nut
08-24-2017, 09:51 AM

Shags had enough value to get a little bit in return, Travis didn't. Neither guy would've made meaningful contributions last year (and Shags isn't better than Escobar, who I don't even like that much).

Smart move, IMO. If you feel like you have 2 guys that are at least close in terms of likely production and one of them can net you an actual return, trade the guy with more 'name' on account of his pedigree and develop the one that wasn't gonna get you a pick back.

O.city
08-24-2017, 10:07 AM
There's gonna be some roster crunch at a few spots

Who do they keep at rb? Te? Dl? ILB?

Rausch
08-24-2017, 10:09 AM

I think the Chiefs felt deep at the position and could get value in the trade...

DJ's left nut
08-24-2017, 10:11 AM
There's gonna be some roster crunch at a few spots

Who do they keep at rb? Te? Dl? ILB?

I still don't think they'll keep West and Spiller (and I don't see why I should still see 'upside' in Spiller. I'll take West).

TE appears to be Travis vs. Escobar

DL is probably King vs. Jenkins. I'd go King but I see an argument for Jenkins as well.

Gotta figure ILB ends up Mauga vs. Smith. I'd take Smith but again I see why they would take Mauga. Ultimately I can see Eligwe and Smith being a little redundant in terms of their development and skill-set and they may prefer keep the steadier Mauga around. Wouldn't be my call as I think DJ could implode again and we'd want the athlete with coverage upside (Smith) over Mauga, who's effectively little more than Ramik's backup.

DaneMcCloud
08-24-2017, 10:21 AM
Shags had enough value to get a little bit in return, Travis didn't. Neither guy would've made meaningful contributions last year (and Shags isn't better than Escobar, who I don't even like that much).

Smart move, IMO. If you feel like you have 2 guys that are at least close in terms of likely production and one of them can net you an actual return, trade the guy with more 'name' on account of his pedigree and develop the one that wasn't gonna get you a pick back.

I think the Chiefs felt deep at the position and could get value in the trade...

I don't disagree with the trade but I do wonder if Travis is meeting their expectations.

I'd guess that answer is no.

O.city
08-24-2017, 10:22 AM
I still don't think they'll keep West and Spiller (and I don't see why I should still see 'upside' in Spiller. I'll take West).

DL is probably King vs. Jenkins. I'd go King but I see an argument for Jenkins as well.

Gotta figure ILB ends up Mauga vs. Smith. I'd take Smith but again I see why they would take Mauga. Ultimately I can see Eligwe and Smith being a little redundant in terms of their development and skill-set and they may prefer keep the steadier Mauga around. Wouldn't be my call as I think DJ could implode again and we'd want the athlete with coverage upside (Smith) over Mauga, who's effectively little more than Ramik's backup.

If DJ implodes they're gonna need a run stopper though. I don't really like Mauga but he is what he is so I get it.

I'm not big in west but if he's healthy I'd keep him over spiller though I think spiller could excel in that 3rd rb /wr role if healthy.

Tight end I don't really care about either way.

Dl intrigues me. I would actually prefer to keep an extra body there as it's a high attrition position. I'm interested to see if miller is healthy. If so, he could really add something

DJ's left nut
08-24-2017, 10:26 AM
I don't disagree with the trade but I do wonder if Travis is meeting their expectations.

I'd guess that answer is no.

Seems unlikely. If he had, I don't expect we'd have signed Escobar.

The Chiefs have established a patter here when it comes to those fringe roster players. If they think they can get 90% as much production at the same cost as someone they can move for a late round pick, they'll move the 'better' player to extract surplus value.

They moved a couple of lineman, Kelcie McCray, Shags and I suspect we could see something like that happen with Jenkins if someone wants to give up a 5th for him and we can replace him with King (or West/Spiller, etc...).

They've been very value oriented with the back of the roster. It's smart, IMO.

O.city
08-24-2017, 10:28 AM
I've been thinking they may end up keeping spiller and flipping west for a late rounder. I'd like to see them try and land another corner somewhere but that's not gonna be easy

DaneMcCloud
08-24-2017, 10:29 AM

I'll take West, Escobar and Jenkins. If King clears waivers, he's PS eligible, as is Travis.

I don't see Smith or Mauga making the 53 but if it's one over the other, I see them going with Mauga because Smith is PS eligible.

Eligwe, KPL, Ramik Wilson, Mauga and DJ sounds about right but since no one was banging on Mauga's door this offseason, and he's stated that he's a permanent resident of Kansas after having a new baby this year, I could see a scenario in which they cut him and put him on Speed Dial.

DaneMcCloud
08-24-2017, 10:31 AM
I've been thinking they may end up keeping spiller and flipping west for a late rounder. I'd like to see them try and land another corner somewhere but that's not gonna be easy

I can't see that as a scenario at all. West is only 26 and has serious upside. Running back has been a thorn in their side the past few seasons due to injuries and Spiller is a walking MASH unit.

O.city
08-24-2017, 10:32 AM
I can't see that as a scenario at all. West is only 26 and has serious upside. Running back has been a thorn in their side the past few seasons due to injuries and Spiller is a walking MASH unit.

I don't really see the serious upside with West. He doesn't seem to have any great qualities but is when healthy a good solid back?

I dunno maybe I'm missing something there

DJ's left nut
08-24-2017, 10:34 AM

Agreed, they seem a CB light still. I'm just not terribly comfortable with that White/Akers duo at the back of the secondary. Not when Gaines is always injured (and fucking terrible last week) and Nelson has had his share of dings. He's not injury prone, but being smaller he seems to take shots that slow him up for a drive/quarter/game on occasion. Mitchell could turn into a pumpkin as well.

I also wonder where McQuay fits in. He's played pretty well and I don't see room for him and Murray.

I still can't believe we haven't figured out a way to displace Frank Zombo yet. Dude is Freddie !@#$ing Krueger.

O.city
08-24-2017, 10:37 AM
Agreed, they seem a CB light still. I'm just not terribly comfortable with that White/Akers duo at the back of the secondary. Not when Gaines is always injured (and ****ing terrible last week) and Nelson has had his share of dings. He's not injury prone, but being smaller he seems to take shots that slow him up for a drive/quarter/game on occasion. Mitchell could turn into a pumpkin as well.

I also wonder where McQuay fits in. He's played pretty well and I don't see room for him and Murray.

I still can't believe we haven't figured out a way to displace Frank Zombo yet. Dude is Freddie !@#$ing Krueger.

See I like white a lot. It's all gonna be about Mitchell and his hammy. If he's what he was the last half of last year and stays healthy, they're golden:

A big part of that equation is that I'm betting on the pass rush coming back this year. Houston appears healthy and ford looks much better and more comfy on the left side now. With the dl healthier hopefully, it improves.

NJChiefsFan
08-24-2017, 10:40 AM
Good points about Travis. If you only watched game tape and didn't know about all his athleticism, you probably wouldn't be too impressed. He might be making the transition from a player that hasn't been given a chance to a player that isn't making his chance.

DaneMcCloud
08-24-2017, 10:41 AM
I don't really see the serious upside with West. He doesn't seem to have any great qualities but is when healthy a good solid back?

I dunno maybe I'm missing something there

We saw his explosiveness last Friday night when he ripped off a 50 yard run and finished with 7 carries and 113 yards, a 16 yard average.

He's was hampered by a high ankle sprain in January 2016 and all throughout last season. He appears to be healthy now. He's fast (4.37), has some wiggle and plays well in space. He literally saved the Chiefs 2015 season.

He has the ability to contribute plenty this season, especially since Ware will inevitability break down while Hunt is a rookie.

There's no way I trust Spiller with 20+ touches per game.

O.city
08-24-2017, 10:44 AM
We saw his explosiveness last Friday night when he ripped off a 50 yard run and finished with 7 carries and 113 yards, a 16 yard average.

He's was hampered by a high ankle sprain in January 2016 and all throughout last season. He appears to be healthy now. He's fast (4.37), has some wiggle and plays well in space. He literally saved the Chiefs 2015 season.

He has the ability to contribute plenty this season, especially since Ware will inevitability break down while Hunt is a rookie.

If they get down to spiller or west having to get 20 touches per game, they're in trouble anyway.

West doesn't seem to play to his 40 speed to me. Last week he got caught from behind a few times.

He's a good back, I'm just not sure what his ultimate upside is. Again, I'm probably completely wrong about it per usual

DaneMcCloud
08-24-2017, 10:45 AM
Agreed, they seem a CB light still. I'm just not terribly comfortable with that White/Akers duo at the back of the secondary. Not when Gaines is always injured (and fucking terrible last week) and Nelson has had his share of dings. He's not injury prone, but being smaller he seems to take shots that slow him up for a drive/quarter/game on occasion. Mitchell could turn into a pumpkin as well.

The return of Bailey, DJ and Houston will help out the secondary tremendously, as will improvements made by Ford, Wilson and Jones. RNR seems primed for a big year, Jenkins has been serviceable and Tanoh shows serious upside.

At this point in time, all you're going to get in return is a guy like Acker, who's been next to worthless, so I think they should go with who they currently have on the roster. Tramon Willams was available recently and they passed, so they must feel okay with their depth.

He's a practice squad guy. They tried him at corner and he was bad. They've since moved him back to safety but that's a crowded room with Berry, Parker, Sorensen and Murray.

DJ's left nut
08-24-2017, 10:46 AM

West is one of those 'geared for a quarter mile' kind of players. He runs out of RPMs in a hurry but he screams up the power band. That run that he bounced to the left was impressive as hell for 12 yards as he accelerated through a gap and really pulled away, then just hit a wall as a damn inside linebacker ran him down.

I simply don't buy that 4.37. I've seen him play too many games now and he doesn't show genuine breakaway speed in pads. He never has, even in 2015. Perhaps his split times are demonstrative and he gets to the first 10 quick as a hiccup then just glides the last 30, but it seems more likely that he's just a guy that times faster than he plays (or a guy that lost some speed as he aged/had to put on weight to make it at this level).

Now I'd take quick over fast for virtually every player on the field, don't get me wrong. But quick AND fast is obviously better. And West just isn't fast. So I think that limits him to a 3rd down role. In that regard, if it turns out that we can get something for him and just plug in Spiller (who's going to be similarly capable in that role), I'd go ahead and do it.

I wouldn't want either one of them getting 15-20 touches/gm.

DJ's left nut
08-24-2017, 10:49 AM
He's a practice squad guy. They tried him at corner and he was bad. They've since moved him back to safety but that's a crowded room with Berry, Parker, Sorensen and Murray.

Is Murray a given, though?

I'd say it's more likely than not that he makes the squad, but an int off a deflected floater isn't going to earn him a job. And otherwise I don't feel like he's played that well.

If they liked him enough to just come into camp with him locked into a roster spot, I'm not sure they throw that kind of money at Sorenson. I could be wrong there, but Murray being cut (thus ending the saga of the Aguayo for Russell and Murray draft picks trade) wouldn't actually shock me.

DaneMcCloud
08-24-2017, 10:49 AM
If they get down to spiller or west having to get 20 touches per game, they're in trouble anyway.

That's what people thought when Charles tore his ACL in 2015.

All the Chiefs did was win 11 straight games.

West doesn't seem to play to his 40 speed to me. Last week he got caught from behind a few times.

He's a good back, I'm just not sure what his ultimate upside is.

When healthy, he's played really well behind the #1 offensive line (which at times, really wasn't even the #1 O-line due to injuries to LDT, concussions to Morse, etc.).

Even if his upside is 640 yards and 4 TD's with a 4.0 YPA (his 2015 rushing numbers), that beats the shit out of Knile Davis.

staylor26
08-24-2017, 10:50 AM
DJ, I think you're overreacting to a couple bad plays in the first preseason game.

Murray, by all reports, had a really good camp and is a lock.

O.city
08-24-2017, 10:54 AM
That's what people thought when Charles tore his ACL in 2015.

All the Chiefs did was win 11 straight games.

When healthy, he's played really well behind the #1 offensive line (which at times, really wasn't even the #1 O-line due to injuries to LDT, concussions to Morse, etc.).

Even if his upside is 640 yards and 4 TD's with a 4.0 YPA (his 2015 rushing numbers), that beats the shit out of Knile Davis.
They did win 11 straight but also had ware and west come out of no where. Dunno that I'd count in that again necessarily.

As DJ more eloquently put it a few posts up, west or spiller seems to be the third guy this season and I'm not sure either get that many touches

staylor26
08-24-2017, 10:55 AM
They did win 11 straight but also had ware and west come out of no where. Dunno that I'd count in that again necessarily.

As DJ more eloquently put it a few posts up, west or spiller seems to be the third guy this season and I'm not sure either get that many touches

Hunt is more talented than West and Ware.

We'll be fine.

O.city
08-24-2017, 10:56 AM
Murray is a great special team we as well so I'd imagine he'll stick

O.city

We'll be fine.

Ok?

penbrook
DJ, I think you're overreacting to a couple bad plays in the first preseason game.

Eric "Missing Tackles" Murray

O.city
08-24-2017, 10:57 AM
I think ware is a little underrated here though. Last year thru the first 8 games he was really good, then got nicked up. Splitting time with hunt could lead to a great tandem

Sandy Vagina
08-24-2017, 10:58 AM

agreed.. and

zero gripes about having West or Spiller as the RB3 behind Ware and Hunt. That's a strong RB group. :)

DaneMcCloud
08-24-2017, 10:58 AM

What's the logic behind this statement?

Ware more than proved that when he was healthy last year, 2015 wasn't a fluke.

Why can't a healthy West do the same?

O.city
08-24-2017, 10:59 AM
I was pro spiller but as we've seen the past 2 years, they need reliability at rb and spiller is too much of a question for me there.

DaneMcCloud
08-24-2017, 11:00 AM
I was pro spiller but as we've seen the past 2 years, they need reliability at rb and spiller is too much of a question for me there.

In reality, this actually goes back to 2014. Charles was playing injured and had a poor season (for him), although it was the last time he topped 1,000 yards in a season.

Knile Davis and Cyrus Gray were just awful.

O.city
08-24-2017, 11:00 AM
What's the logic behind this statement?

Ware more than proved that when he was healthy last year, 2015 wasn't a fluke.

Why can't a healthy West do the same?

I wouldn't count on guys coming out of no where like that again, not really relevant to any of the current guys we have as we know what they are etc.

West can absolutely prove it but it seems the team isn't sure in that they drafted hunt and have west competing for the 3rd spot.

staylor26
08-24-2017, 11:01 AM
Ok?

This team got it done with Davis and McKnight when they had to.

The chances that Ware and Hunt both miss significant time at the same time are slim. Hunt has proven to be durable.

I'm just saying I don't think there's anything to worry about with our RB group. If we survived with West, Ware, and Davis we'll be fine with Hunt, Ware, West, and Spiller.

O.city
08-24-2017, 11:02 AM
This team got it done with Davis and McKnight when they had to.

The chances that Ware and Hunt both miss significant time at the same time are slim. Hunt has proven to be durable.

I'm just saying I don't think there's anything to worry about with our RB group. If we survived with West, Ware, and Davis we'll be fine with Hunt, Ware, West, and Spiller.

Again, ok?

No one was saying the contrary? No one seems to be worrying about the rb group, just talking about who the 3rd guy ends up being

RunKC
08-24-2017, 11:03 AM

I love the addition of Spiller.

Get him in the backfield with Tyreek on specialized plays and do some damage.

I think he could be great even as a decoy. He might be the second fastest player on the team.

O.city
08-24-2017, 11:03 AM
In reality, this actually goes back to 2014. Charles was playing injured and had a poor season (for him), although it was the last time he topped 1,000 yards in a season.

Knile Davis and Cyrus Gray were just awful.

Man I forgot about gray. Yeesh.

I wish Charles could have stayed healthy and built on 2013. I think in Reid's offense a healthy Charles could have been a legit MVP candidate

staylor26
08-24-2017, 11:04 AM
Again, ok?

No one was saying the contrary? No one seems to be worrying about the rb group, just talking about who the 3rd guy ends up being

I was replying to this part:

You sounded concerned to me

O.city
08-24-2017, 11:05 AM
I love the addition of Spiller.

Get him in the backfield with Tyreek on specialized plays and do some damage.

I think he could be great even as a decoy. He might be the second fastest player on the team.

Eh, I dunno that he quite has the explosion he had a few years back. If he did, I'm in 100 percent agreement but we'llsee

O.city
08-24-2017, 11:05 AM
I was replying to this part:

You sounded concerned to me

Moreso of two players coming out of no where like that and reviving the running game

It wasn't a very well articulated post by me though.

staylor26
08-24-2017, 11:07 AM
Moreso of two players coming out of no where like that and reviving the running game

Gotcha. Sorry for the misunderstanding. Good thing is, I don't think we'll need to count on that.

O.city
08-24-2017, 11:10 AM
Gotcha. Sorry for the misunderstanding. Good thing is, I don't think we'll need to count on that.

Hopefully not. They've been hit with the injury bug the last few years it seems at the most inconvenient times.

DaneMcCloud
08-24-2017, 11:15 AM
I wouldn't count on guys coming out of no where like that again, not really relevant to any of the current guys we have as we know what they are etc.

West can absolutely prove it but it seems the team isn't sure in that they drafted hunt and have west competing for the 3rd spot.

Well, considering that the running backs on the roster, outside of Hunt, are known quantities, I'd agree.

But West, even if he's the #3 behind Ware & Hunt, is still far more serviceable than any #3 the Chiefs have had since probably the days of Priest, Blaylock and LJ.

saphojunkie
08-24-2017, 11:22 AM
Eh, I dunno that he quite has the explosion he had a few years back. If he did, I'm in 100 percent agreement but we'llsee

Well, his explosion a few years back made him a top ten draft pick.

No, he doesn't have that explosion anymore, but I feel like pretending he somehow isn't in the upper echelon of speed at the RB position is a misconstruction.

DaneMcCloud
08-24-2017, 11:23 AM
Spiller was drafted in 2010.

Since then, he's scored 12 TD's on the ground and 9 TD's through the air.

Those are pretty shitty numbers for a guy drafted Top Ten in 2010.

21 TD's in seven seasons. Blech.

:Lin:

DJ's left nut
08-24-2017, 11:36 AM

We'll be fine.

Ware is a VERY talented back, IMO.

Speed, power and agility. His acceleration and ability to bounce plays is really underrated.

That said - he was a mess after his injury last year (wasn't it a concussion?). The 2015 version of him looked like a 1,400 yard, 4.5 YPC runningback to my eyes. He shocked the hell out of me. And for a few games to start last year he looked just as good. Then he got hurt and just fell apart.

I'm not convinced Hunt's a clearly more talented back. He might be - we shall see. His vision is very good and his running style is fairly unique. He might fit this team perfectly and be just funky enough to give teams fits (a poor man's Bell, so to speak). But I won't just concede that he's clearly more talented than Ware.

Ware's power/speed combination is pretty hard to find when he's running right.

staylor26
08-24-2017, 11:42 AM

Speed, power and agility. His acceleration and ability to bounce plays is really underrated.

That said - he was a mess after his injury last year (wasn't it a concussion?). The 2015 version of him looked like a 1,400 yard, 4.5 YPC runningback to my eyes. He shocked the hell out of me. And for a few games to start last year he looked just as good. Then he got hurt and just fell apart.

I'm not convinced Hunt's a clearly more talented back. He might be - we shall see. His vision is very good and his running style is fairly unique. He might fit this team perfectly and be just funky enough to give teams fits (a poor man's Bell, so to speak). But I won't just concede that he's clearly more talented than Ware.

As you already know, I was really high on Hunt, so I may be biased.

I know for sure that he's more capable of handling a full workload though. Ware has yet to show he can going back all the way to college. I just find it hard to believe he ever will at this point.

DaneMcCloud
08-24-2017, 11:44 AM
Ware has yet to show he can going back all the way to college. I just find it hard to believe he ever will at this point.

Agreed.

The addition of Hunt and a healthy West *should* go a long way in keeping him healthy and fresh through January and hopefully, into February.

Strongside
08-24-2017, 11:47 AM
Come on bro. It's been decriminalized in Jackson County.

Grim
08-24-2017, 12:08 PM
Come on bro. It's been decriminalized in Jackson County.

Pretty sure it's just KC, not the county.

Titty Meat
08-24-2017, 12:11 PM
Pretty sure it's just KC, not the county.

It's also not decriminalized

Chief Northman
08-24-2017, 12:34 PM

JFC Dane.

You can use the same arguments you are fielding in favour of West for Spiller and vice-versa. West looked great against 4th stringers. He had just over a 1 yard per carry average the week before against 2's and 3's. He has been nicked up often enough early in his career. All I recall from last season is him looking to escape to the sidelines or get stuffed between the tackles. 2015 was great for him, but funny you won't give Spiller the same benefit in where he actually appears healthy for the first time in a while and has been solid this pre-season.

ChiefGator
08-24-2017, 12:54 PM
I think for your third TE, you look at upside. And Escobar has had chances, and hasn't done much with it. They seem to have liked Ross Travis enough to keep him hanging on, but he hasn't had many chances.

He was also open on the Mahomes-Harris TD pass last game.

DaneMcCloud
08-24-2017, 12:56 PM
JFC Dane.

You can use the same arguments you are fielding in favour of West for Spiller and vice-versa. West looked great against 4th stringers. He had just over a 1 yard per carry average the week before against 2's and 3's. He has been nicked up often enough early in his career. All I recall from last season is him looking to escape to the sidelines or get stuffed between the tackles. 2015 was great for him, but funny you won't give Spiller the same benefit in where he actually appears healthy for the first time in a while and has been solid this pre-season.

I won't give Spiller the "benefit of the doubt" because he hasn't been healthy since the 2013 season AND he's 30 years old.

West had a rough go of it for ONE YEAR and he's still a "young" 26.

In less than two full seasons, West has 5 rushing TD's and 3 receiving TD's.

Since being drafted in 2010, Spiller has 12 rushing TD's and 9 receiving TD's.

I don't get the love.

DaneMcCloud
08-24-2017, 12:58 PM
I think for your third TE, you look at upside. And Escobar has had chances, and hasn't done much with it. They seem to have liked Ross Travis enough to keep him hanging on, but he hasn't had many chances.

He was also open on the Mahomes-Harris TD pass last game.

Travis is running with the 3's, which is why he hasn't had as many ops.

I haven't seen any improvement from him through two games. Hopefully, he steps up Friday.

Red Dawg
08-24-2017, 01:03 PM

Ware has no speed. Hunt doesn't either but he may be a tad quicker. Neither is a home run threat but they are serviceable. Spiller is quickest to get moving.

DJ's left nut
08-24-2017, 01:13 PM
Ware has no speed. Hunt doesn't either but he may be a tad quicker. Neither is a home run threat but they are serviceable. Spiller is quickest to get moving.

No, he's not a speed back. He's certainly no Chris Johnson.

But he's one of those 'fast for a big back' kind of runners; a 4.6 kinda player who's so powerfully built that his timed speed and game speed are very similar. Despite much different stopwatch times, I don't see West having a better top end than Ware (though admittedly he gets to his quicker). I don't think it's fair at all to say he has 'no' speed - he's not a slow runningback. Especially not for such a large ballcarrier.

And ultimately, Ware runs a 4.6 at his playing weight. Hunt had to shed weight to hit a 4.6. From a pure athleticism standpoint, I like Ware more (I love Ware's feet as well; great bounce). But Hunt has very good vision and appears to have a good feel for blocks and timing.

Spiller's just hard to get a feel for still. He's so far removed from his healthy prime and has been running behind patchwork lines here in the pre-season. I don't actually know if he's truly fast anymore. But the coaches see him daily and at least have an idea one way or the other. If they think he's a genuine HR threat, he'll probably make the team.

I'm not convinced he is.

Titty Meat
08-24-2017, 01:17 PM

Has Ware ever demonstrated he could play at a high me level for a full season? He hasn't here and I don't believe he ever did in college either.

T-post Tom
08-24-2017, 01:37 PM

Part of the reason for his stats involves the Bills' offense, playing time and injuries. He still has a career average of 4.9 YPC. Not bad. I think he's a good fit for the Chiefs offense and will make the roster. West will go to the practice squad. Hope Spiller can stay healthy. We'll see...

Chief Northman
08-24-2017, 03:10 PM
I won't give Spiller the "benefit of the doubt" because he hasn't been healthy since the 2013 season AND he's 30 years old.

West had a rough go of it for ONE YEAR and he's still a "young" 26.

In less than two full seasons, West has 5 rushing TD's and 3 receiving TD's.

Since being drafted in 2010, Spiller has 12 rushing TD's and 9 receiving TD's.

I don't get the love.

I don't think it is as much a "love" for Spiller as it is more of being underwhelmed by West. Age would be more of a consideration if we were telling one of these guys to be the feature back, but that is not the case. There are as many shitty young players in the NFL as there are old players in the NFL. You arguably roll the dice on Spiller with regards to his health, but he has looked good thus far in preseason and is obviously a professional that brings a well-rounded game to the table.

DaneMcCloud
08-24-2017, 03:43 PM
You arguably roll the dice on Spiller with regards to his health, but he has looked good thus far in preseason and is obviously a professional that brings a well-rounded game to the table.

Preseason:

West - 12 carries, 119 yards rushing. Zero targets receiving

Spiller - 6 carries, 27 yards, 3 receptions for 11 yards.

You're reading all of the Camp Hype without either watching his performance in preseason and/or knowing his stats.

Keeping Spiller in lieu of West not only comes with a $818k cap his and $340k in Dead Cap, Spiller hasn't proven to be healthy for even 15 games since 2012.

DaneMcCloud
08-24-2017, 03:47 PM
Part of the reason for his stats involves the Bills' offense, playing time and injuries. He still has a career average of 4.9 YPC. Not bad. I think he's a good fit for the Chiefs offense and will make the roster. West will go to the practice squad. Hope Spiller can stay healthy. We'll see...

Good fucking god, West isn't going on the Practice Squad.

The Chiefs would be beyond foolish not only to cut him but even worse, not even to trade him.

The guy has proven that when healthy, he's an effective WCO running back.

Seattle, Green Bay, Buffalo and Philly could use him immediately.

DaneMcCloud
08-24-2017, 03:48 PM
Has Ware ever demonstrated he could play at a high me level for a full season? He hasn't here and I don't believe he ever did in college either.

Ware had never been a "Feature Back" until 2016

-King-
08-24-2017, 04:54 PM

West has too many years in the league to be on the practice squad. And either way, he's too good to be a practice squad player. He's a special teamed at worst. Backup RB at best.
Posted via Mobile Device

BossChief
08-24-2017, 05:43 PM
Isn't a little weird that Harris was arrested way back on March 8th but there's been no trial or follow up info?

The NFL and individual teams security companies are highly effective.

Red Dawg
08-24-2017, 05:48 PM
Good ****ing god, West isn't going on the Practice Squad.

The Chiefs would be beyond foolish not only to cut him but even worse, not even to trade him.

Seattle has three better than West. Green Bay could care less about rb's. Buffalo I doubt it but maybe Philly.

Easy 6
08-24-2017, 05:52 PM
No, he's not a speed back. He's certainly no Chris Johnson.

But he's one of those 'fast for a big back' kind of runners; a 4.6 kinda player who's so powerfully built that his timed speed and game speed are very similar. Despite much different stopwatch times, I don't see West having a better top end than Ware (though admittedly he gets to his quicker). I don't think it's fair at all to say he has 'no' speed - he's not a slow runningback. Especially not for such a large ballcarrier.

And ultimately, Ware runs a 4.6 at his playing weight. Hunt had to shed weight to hit a 4.6. From a pure athleticism standpoint, I like Ware more (I love Ware's feet as well; great bounce). But Hunt has very good vision and appears to have a good feel for blocks and timing.

Spiller's just hard to get a feel for still. He's so far removed from his healthy prime and has been running behind patchwork lines here in the pre-season. I don't actually know if he's truly fast anymore. But the coaches see him daily and at least have an idea one way or the other. If they think he's a genuine HR threat, he'll probably make the team.

I'm not convinced he is.

I have honestly never heard a more glowing review of a player, than Bienemy gave Spiller last week... he just went on and on and on, he simply couldnt praise the guy enough, it was over the top

Combine that with how he looked against Cincy, and I'd bet the guy is ready to ball out

I'd be absolutely floored if he didnt make the team

DaneMcCloud
08-24-2017, 05:57 PM
Seattle has three better than West.

Who? They went through running backs like Gatorade last year

Green Bay could care less about rb's.

That's why they've been drafting and trading for backs for years? Huh?

Buffalo I doubt it but maybe Philly.

Red Dawg
08-24-2017, 06:31 PM

Seattle has Rawls, Lacey and Proise. All are better than West.

GB loves RBs so much they let Lacey go and have a WR in Montgomery playing RB.

Buffalo has Shady and traded Gillespie who is pretty good. Meaning they don't really care either.

Philly maybe because Pederson is there and West knows the offense

DaneMcCloud
08-24-2017, 06:33 PM
Seattle has Rawls, Lacey and Proise. All are better than West.

GB loves RBs so much they let Lacey go and have a WR in Montgomery playing RB.

Buffalo has Shady and traded Gillespie who is pretty good. Meaning they don't really care either.

Philly maybe because Pederson is there and West knows the offense

Agree to disagree.

And Lacy is garbage.

Easy 6
08-24-2017, 06:51 PM
And Lacy is garbage.

The fat, lazy, and uninspired Jerome Bettis

kccrow
08-24-2017, 07:12 PM

Seattle has Thomas Rawls, Alex Collins, C.J. Procise, Chris Carson (they drafted this year and LOVE), and Eddie Lacey to weed through. It looks like Rawls, Procise, and Carson are going to be their 3 backs at this point. They aren't trading for a back.

Green Bay has Ty Montgomery back and drafted 3 running backs this season: Jamaal Williams, Aaron Jones, and Devante Mays. Williams is more of their traditional power back that they like. Jones looks like a good 3rd down back. I don't see them trading for a back either.

Buffalo is a maybe since nobody behind Shady looks that great. I'm sure they'll keep Jonathan Williams, but alot to be desired following that. At this point, I'd lean towards scatback Taiwan Jones. I think this is the only shot of the 4 teams you mentioned to make a trade with.

The Eagles will certainly keep Wendell Smallwood who had a few solid showings in his rookie year (they drafted him in the 5th in 2016). They have vets in LaGarrette Blount and Darrin Sproles and have two rookies in Corey Clement and Donnel Pumphrey (although he looks more like a gadget player), plus Byron Marshall flashed a bit at the end of last season. They have some decisions to make there. Could West overtake any of those guys? It's a tough call, but I sincerely doubt it.

raybec 4
08-24-2017, 07:51 PM
Agree to disagree.

And Lacy is garbage.

If Lacy makes the team I'll be surprised. Back up running backs that don't play special teams are not coveted. He ate his way out of Green Bay and may not survive this year's cuts.

NJChiefsFan
08-24-2017, 09:39 PM
I think the Chiefs will be ok with either RB they choose as their #3. West is probably the safer pick if you are thinking of a scenario where we really need our 3 to step up. Perhaps Spiller is more valuable as a change of pace when we need a burst in the screen game or something.

I just really enjoy the way the Chiefs have gone about getting these 4 options. With the state of the position and the value you can get it just isn't worth investing high picks on RB.

The Chiefs have done well at the RB position and out of Holmes, LJ, Charles, Davis, Ware, West, and potentially Hunt only LJ was taken with a 1st round pick. I know many will chuckle that I included Davis and probably rightfully so. But he did step in and help for a short time and have a few big plays for us. I'm not saying he was good, but he did more than some backs do.

Overall KC has done well not paying a high price for RBs.

penbrook
08-24-2017, 09:48 PM
West needs to learn to not fumble. He had a crucial fumble in the Patriots game 2 years ago

Frosty
08-24-2017, 10:05 PM
West needs to learn to not fumble. He had a crucial fumble in the Patriots game 2 years ago

That was Knile Davis

penbrook
08-24-2017, 10:11 PM
That was Knile Davis

Fuck I meant the Steelers in the playoff game

Hog's Gone Fishin
08-25-2017, 02:16 AM
Thread titles are so overrated

thegame214
08-25-2017, 06:16 AM
**** I meant the Steelers in the playoff game

Maybe Alex shouldn't throw picks in that game either

Couch-Potato
08-25-2017, 06:34 AM
Seattle has Thomas Rawls, Alex Collins, C.J. Procise, Chris Carson (they drafted this year and LOVE), and Eddie Lacey to weed through. It looks like Rawls, Procise, and Carson are going to be their 3 backs at this point. They aren't trading for a back.

Green Bay has Ty Montgomery back and drafted 3 running backs this season: Jamaal Williams, Aaron Jones, and Devante Mays. Williams is more of their traditional power back that they like. Jones looks like a good 3rd down back. I don't see them trading for a back either.

Buffalo is a maybe since nobody behind Shady looks that great. I'm sure they'll keep Jonathan Williams, but alot to be desired following that. At this point, I'd lean towards scatback Taiwan Jones. I think this is the only shot of the 4 teams you mentioned to make a trade with.

The Eagles will certainly keep Wendell Smallwood who had a few solid showings in his rookie year (they drafted him in the 5th in 2016). They have vets in LaGarrette Blount and Darrin Sproles and have two rookies in Corey Clement and Donnel Pumphrey (although he looks more like a gadget player), plus Byron Marshall flashed a bit at the end of last season. They have some decisions to make there. Could West overtake any of those guys? It's a tough call, but I sincerely doubt it.

Maybe Bills move McCoy to Giants, he's reportedly available.

Grim
08-25-2017, 06:42 AM
Thread titles are so overrated

ROFL

Couch-Potato
08-25-2017, 06:43 AM
Good ****ing god, West isn't going on the Practice Squad.

Ware might be more notable around the league, and thus worthy of being our trade bate. To be honest, I'd be surprised if anyone outside of KC knew who either Ware or West were.

...I'm thinking, at best, we could move one of them for an available player. Phillip Dorsett and a 6th? Reggie Ragland if the Bills move McCoy to someone like the Giants, Malcolm Butler if NE has an injury?

BossChief
08-25-2017, 08:26 AM
Can't cut Ware, West or Hunt. All three are too good of values.

Ware and west signing those 3 year 4 million dollar deals were HUGE bargains.

Spiller looked good at camp and has been pretty good in PS, too...he has a good chance to stick.

gonefishin53
08-25-2017, 10:06 AM
It seems pretty clear that with the drafting of Hunt that AR is going the RB by committee route for 2017. Ware, West, Davis, and Charles combined for 327 rushing attempts and 66 receptions in 2016. Ware was the only effective RB with 1368 yards and 5 TDs on 214 rush attempt and 33 catches. But that was more than Ware could handle. I expect Ware and Hunt will share the workhorse back load while one of West or Spiller (I prefer Spiller) will be change of pace/third and long screen pass back.

As for Harris, unless the NFL front office and GM Veach announce that Harris is not facing disciplinary action, I will have doubts about his contribution in 2017.