PDA

View Full Version : Movies and TV Hard Boiled Eggs...

Mr_Tomahawk
03-14-2017, 08:29 PM
...so are they good or bad for you?

My LDL is on the low end of the "high range". My mom and dad both are in the same boat. All average builds.

I run about 20-30 miles a week. And I find hard boiled eggs a great snack and meal replacement. I try to hold myself to 1 hard boiled egg a day...some times I sneak 2. And if I make scrambled eggs (usually 3 at a time) I won't eat any eggs the following day.

The reason: because I read shit online saying they are loaded with cholesterol and you should limit yourself to 3 a week.

I eat at least half a dozen a week.

But some sites say fuck it. Eat all the eggs. Eggs are packed full of nutrient and "good" cholesterol.

If nutritionally acceptable, I'd eat a dozen a week.

So what is it CP health nuts...what's the story on hard boiled eggs for people like me who have higher than average LDL.

And Tyler Bray.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lewdog
03-14-2017, 08:33 PM
Eggs have nothing to do with your cholesterol levels.

Most of it is straight genetics (you're fucked!!!). Thank your parents.

More importantly for cholesterol is to watch your saturated and especially trans fats.

Some people just need medication regardless of diet and exercise modifications. Nothing wrong with that.

Dartgod
03-14-2017, 08:34 PM
I got nothin' but this...

https://media.makeameme.org/created/hard-boiled-eggs.jpg

Buzz
03-14-2017, 08:37 PM
Balance and try making a smoothie.

threebag
03-14-2017, 08:39 PM
http://redsmithfoods.com/sites/default/files/BJ_Egg_1_2_Gal.jpg

sedated
03-14-2017, 08:39 PM
Im pretty sure the "eggs are bad" mantra went out the window a few years ago. I read something recently that they are the perfect protein. I actually don't like them much but keep them around for a healthy snack (and my cholesterol is essentially perfect)

SAUTO
03-14-2017, 08:54 PM
I eat a shit ton of eggs.

I love them

lewdog
03-14-2017, 08:55 PM
I also eat a fuck ton of eggs. My cholesterol is top notch.

My blood pressure on the other hand.....fuck you mom and dad!!!

eDave
03-14-2017, 08:56 PM
I always keep boiled eggs in the fridge. Great snack. Fuck the hater. I metabolize that shit before it hits my stomach.

Bugeater
03-14-2017, 08:57 PM
I eat a shit ton of eggs.

I love them
I would plow at least 3 every morning if I had the ambition to cook them.

Bugeater
03-14-2017, 09:00 PM
I also eat a fuck ton of eggs. My cholesterol is top notch.

My blood pressure on the other hand.....fuck you mom and dad!!!
I hit the genetic jackpot...I do every possible thing that's bad for me and still check out fine every time I go to the Dr.

SAUTO
03-14-2017, 09:05 PM

I get fresh eggs every other day.

We go through at least a dozen in that time, most times more.

Dayze
03-14-2017, 09:17 PM

That sounds like some shit a lazy serial killer would say

Dunit35
03-14-2017, 09:59 PM
I'm 31 and made my first hard boiled eggs on Monday.

Squalor2
03-14-2017, 10:07 PM

that is so Lent of you.

Nickhead
03-14-2017, 10:07 PM

https://cdn.meme.am/cache/instances/folder467/53619467.jpg

RunKC
03-14-2017, 10:09 PM
It depends on what your entire diet and genetics are. If you are really having that much trouble, start eating more planet based foods.

Lonewolf Ed
03-14-2017, 10:10 PM
I eat two a day and my cholesterol is okay. I ate two today but they came back soon after with my oatmeal. Damned bilirubin.

Nickhead
03-14-2017, 10:11 PM
eggs good, farts bad :D

Hog's Gone Fishin
03-14-2017, 10:14 PM
I also eat a **** ton of eggs. My cholesterol is top notch.

My blood pressure on the other hand.....**** you mom and dad!!!

I take blood pressure medicine but got on a fresh asparagus kick and it dropped my blood pressure too low. Had to back off.

Get some fresh asparagus ,cut the hard part of the stalk off, then cut the asparagus into bite size pieces and throw in a hot skillet with butter and lemn juice and cook for a couple minutes keeping some crunch to it and then throw a couple eggs on top. Man, that shit is goooood!

Hog's Gone Fishin
03-14-2017, 10:18 PM
As far as cholesterol ,for me it doesn't matter what I eat, it will run 280 total. I can't tolerate statins so I was prescribed Praluent and it cut it to 180. I normally do 2 eggs every day.

Hammock Parties
03-14-2017, 10:22 PM
Eggs are one of the healthiest foods on the planet.

You're not going to get fat from eating eggs.

Now replace them with cereal and you'll be doing yourself a disservice.

The reason: because I read shit online saying they are loaded with cholesterol and you should limit yourself to 3 a week.

HAHAHAHA.

I probably eat 25+ eggs a week man. Fit as a fiddle.

EPodolak
03-14-2017, 10:30 PM
Eat eight a week, so says the last book I read. You need to for the good stuff they do.

Eggs belong on all the best menus.

Hammock Parties
03-14-2017, 10:48 PM
I honestly think there is no better breakfast than 4 eggs, scrambled, fried (no butter or oil), poached, whatever.

High in protein, low calorie, filling, easy to prepare, tastes good, lots of vitamins, cheap...and you can even troll liberals by refusing to buy cage-free.

Nickhead
03-14-2017, 11:24 PM
I honestly think there is no better breakfast than 4 eggs, scrambled, fried (no butter or oil), poached, whatever.

High in protein, low calorie, filling, easy to prepare, tastes good, lots of vitamins, cheap...and you can even troll liberals by refusing to buy cage-free.

i don't think i could stomach more than one egg at a time, whether daily or periodically. love em, but there is such a thing about over egging it.

what do you add to the eggs? or simply plain? :D

Hammock Parties
03-14-2017, 11:27 PM
i don't think i could stomach more than one egg at a time, whether daily or periodically. love em, but there is such a thing about over egging it.

what do you add to the eggs? or simply plain? :D

Just pepper usually.

FYI I can't stand hard boiled eggs.

Nickhead
03-14-2017, 11:30 PM
Just pepper usually.

FYI I can't stand hard boiled eggs.

i don't mind a boiled egg now and then plain with salt and pepper, but usually it needs to be in a salad of sorts. i know the mayo cancels out everything but tuna salad and egg salad it's really good.

Demonpenz
03-14-2017, 11:44 PM
eat the yoke. It contains the most vitiman d

Chiefshrink
03-14-2017, 11:45 PM
Im pretty sure the "eggs are bad" mantra went out the window a few years ago.

This. The emulsifiers in eggs actually keep the plaque from building up on your artery walls. Red Yeast Rice is great keeping your LDL down as well. There has been some recent negative news on RYR but don't buy into it. The Pharmaceutical Cos. are trying to do to it what it did to Ephedra a few years ago and outlaw it. The Pharmaceutical Cos. actually trying to develop drugs that mimic RYR. A lot of negative crap you see about herbal supplements is ginned up by the Pharmaceutical Cos. because they want you to be on drugs rather than something natural that they can't patent.

Chiefshrink
03-14-2017, 11:49 PM

and Cod Liver Oil as well. Vitamin D is the main top rung vitamin in your immune system. Take a tablespoon of CLO a day and it is far better tasting than it sounds. I like the lemon flavor.:D

ptlyon
03-14-2017, 11:52 PM
:fart:

Hammock Parties
03-14-2017, 11:57 PM

yeah I just laugh at these egg white people trying to save calories

usually 90 lb women

kjwood75nro
03-15-2017, 12:18 AM
Hard boiled eggs are best on a salad. Get one of those wire egg slicers.

Otherwise, fry 'em up. But don't use that egg white in a carton shit. That's just sad.

Miles
03-15-2017, 12:36 AM
My understanding is dietary cholesterol and the stuff in your body are not at all related.

I'm also weirdo who doesn't like eggs at all which is quite unfortunate for the concept of breakfast.

Nickhead
03-15-2017, 12:54 AM
My understanding is dietary cholesterol and the stuff in your body are not at all related.

I'm also weirdo who doesn't like eggs at all which is quite unfortunate for the concept of breakfast.

grilled cheese? :D

Miles
03-15-2017, 01:01 AM
grilled cheese? :D

Why would that involve eggs? Grilled cheese with a side of tomato soup can be quite great. You thinking a monte cristo?

Nickhead
03-15-2017, 02:12 AM
Why would that involve eggs? Grilled cheese with a side of tomato soup can be quite great. You thinking a monte cristo?

it was an alternative option for the poster above that didn't like eggs :D

Iowanian
03-15-2017, 10:12 AM
I have chickens, so I eat a lot of eggs.

Boil them a dozen at a time and sometimes for lunch just eat 2-3 boiled eggs. Sometimes mash a couple with a spoon of relish and mayo and make a sammich.

On the list of things that are bad for you, eggs isn't it.

The healthier thinking types in my circle eat about 1 yolk for every 3-4 egg whites.

About time to mix up another gallon of pickled eggs too.

Mr. Laz
03-15-2017, 10:32 AM
Most of it is straight genetics (you're fucked!!!). Thank your parents.

This ^

Chief_For_Life58
03-15-2017, 10:54 AM
arent the egg yokes the part that is high in chloesteral

ThaVirus
03-15-2017, 11:04 AM
I eat two a day and my cholesterol is okay. I ate two today but they came back soon after with my oatmeal. Damned bilirubin.

You're still alive, cousin. Nice.

What's the deal? Are you cancer free yet? I haven't seen your thread or you posting much lately.

EDIT: Shit, never mind. Apparently I glossed over your post.

Glad you're still with us though.

jspchief
03-15-2017, 11:20 AM
Peel em then throw them in a jar of leftover pickle juice. Good shit.

ct
03-15-2017, 11:27 AM
I have, or had, high cholesterol, but also borderline A1C in pre-diabetic range. my dr literally told me he'd prefer I eat bacon and eggs for breakfast vs the fruit and yogurt i had been eating before the A1C jumped up. so clearly he values the protein more than concern with cholesterol in the eggs.

full disclosure, i also went back on a statin last year after fibrate was not keeping things in range. back in line now.

also, if you're overly concerned, try and eat 2 egg whites vs the 1 whole egg w/ yolk.

BlackHelicopters
03-15-2017, 12:28 PM
The question remains: What about the rooster jizz?

Black Bob
03-15-2017, 10:42 PM
Fuckin egg salad... yep, egg salad

Over Yonder
03-16-2017, 01:13 AM
Hard boiled eggs are best on a salad. Get one of those wire egg slicers.

Otherwise, fry 'em up. But don't use that egg white in a carton shit. That's just sad.

God bless you, my dear man. A fried egg sandwich is one of the most awesome foods on the planet!! Add a slice of american cheese and all the world is right

Nickhead
03-16-2017, 02:02 AM
God bless you, my dear man. A fried egg sandwich is one of the most awesome foods on the planet!! Add a slice of american cheese and all the world is right

you are not wrong, but add a slice or two of bacon and tomato :D

Aspengc8
03-16-2017, 06:49 AM
arent the egg yokes the part that is high in chloesteral

It is, and it also contains half of the protein content as well as all the vitamins and minerals. Like mentioned before, dietary cholesterol does not impact blood serum cholesterol - that is all genetic. I have been eating 5-6 a day for breakfast scrambled with some spinach & chicken sausages for probably close to 4 years now. Chase that with some good coffee with coconut oil, and you have a ton of energy from all the good fats.