PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Are We Looking at the Chiefs QB Situation Incorrectly

Meatloaf
03-17-2017, 11:11 AM
First of all, let me say that I hate being the guy bringing this up, BUT I fear that we're all looking at our QBOTF issue incorrectly. Sadly, the question isn't about which QB we should draft, but rather (and I hate me for suggesting this), what veteran QB will be available in the next 2-3 years to replace Alex?

I'm basing this solely on our stinking franchise DNA. If true to form, the odds of DRAFTING a QB that has a decent chance to evolve into being The Guy are virtually zero. So, we're left to figure out what veteran guy will be available as a replacement for Smith.

Yeah, I know this sucks, but the facts of the matter are that the Chiefs simply do not expend high draft picks on QBs......at least not for the past 34 stinking years.

Ergo, the question isn't about drafting Mahomes, Watson, Webb, Trubisky, etc., the question is whether we go after a vet QB like Cousins, Kaepernick, etc. (I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.)

Man, when you look at it from this angle, the prospects of finding a vet QB who could take us to the Promised Land appear staggeringly horrible.

One only hopes that somehow, someway, we are able to shed our heritage and try a "new" approach in addressing our QB position...can you say "Expend a high draft choice for an untried, unproven but oh so exciting QB prospect."

Hope springs eternal......

Bewbies
03-17-2017, 11:16 AM
We could get another former 49ers QB now, but if we don't have to trade high draft picks for a guy who is no longer wanted KC is not interested. :)

RealSNR
03-17-2017, 11:17 AM
I'll stick with shitty Alex Smith if it means trading for someone else's garbage yet again.

mcaj22
03-17-2017, 11:18 AM
so what youre saying is AJ McCarron will be the new Chiefs QB after Alex

SAUTO
03-17-2017, 11:18 AM
Go fuck yourself

Dayze
03-17-2017, 11:22 AM
I just saw the OP on the Lounge's page, read it, and replied "yep".

we've been looking at it wrong for years lol.

raybec 4
03-17-2017, 11:22 AM
I don't buy into this "Franchise DNA" stuff. Previous regimes are dead and gone. The current regime really only missed on Carr. I believe if they see a guy who they feel good about and can make it happen they will.

BigBeauford
03-17-2017, 11:24 AM
The odds of drafting anyone below round 3 who is worth a shit is practically zero. Regardless I still would like to see them give Bray some snaps at 2, just to see what he's got. My eyes tell me he has the arm strength, pocket awareness of when to release the ball, and the physical tools. Going on 4 years in this system, he has no excuses.

raybec 4
03-17-2017, 11:28 AM
The odds of drafting anyone below round 3 who is worth a shit is practically zero. Regardless I still would like to see them give Bray some snaps at 2, just to see what he's got. My eyes tell me he has the arm strength, pocket awareness of when to release the ball, and the physical tools. Going on 4 years in this system, he has no excuses.

We've said the no excuse line about Alex 2 years in a row before. They keep trotting him out there and some people keep making excuses for him. I want them to try something new and draft a future starter.

BigBeauford
03-17-2017, 11:30 AM
We've said the no excuse line about Alex 2 years in a row before. They keep trotting him out there and some people keep making excuses for him. I want them to try something new and draft a future starter.

Sorry I meant no excuses for Bray. Alex was dead to me the moment I found out about the trade.

Eleazar
03-17-2017, 11:31 AM
My main concern is Reid. He is this team's biggest weakness and probably the biggest roadblock to moving on from Smith.

DaFace
03-17-2017, 11:31 AM
I honestly think that now is finally the time to draft someone and that we'll actually do it. I know history suggests otherwise, but Andy drafted plenty of QB's in Philly, and Alex's contract is up in a couple years.

It's now or never.

BigBeauford
03-17-2017, 11:37 AM
I honestly think that now is finally the time to draft someone and that we'll actually do it. I know history suggests otherwise, but Andy drafted plenty of QB's in Philly, and Alex's contract is up in a couple years.

It's now or never.

I am ready for a trade back, and the biggest meltdown in history, followed by drafting Cooper Rush in the 6th.

Hammock Parties
03-17-2017, 11:37 AM
http://i.imgur.com/uCBiMif.gif

TigeRRUppeRRcut
03-17-2017, 11:38 AM
Bray, Murray, Hogan, Daniel, and Foles couldn't win the job. This year's draft points towards another grab round 3 or later. With how secure our roster is next year I'm betting on a round 1 pick.

Canofbier
03-17-2017, 11:38 AM
https://media.giphy.com/media/11Z4zciA8ISJhu/giphy.gif

BigBeauford
03-17-2017, 11:40 AM
Bray, Murray, Hogan, Daniel, and Foles couldn't win the job. This year's draft points towards another grab round 3 or later. With how secure our roster is next year I'm betting on a round 1 pick.

I am sure they were all given equal opportunities to unseat the $17 million dollar quarterback that they tied themselves to.

raybec 4
03-17-2017, 11:43 AM
Sorry I meant no excuses for Bray. Alex was dead to me the moment I found out about the trade.

I knew what you meant, my point was that we as fans (most of us)keep saying people are out of excuses but the team keeps making excuses for them.

Hog's Gone Fishin
03-17-2017, 11:56 AM
Bringing in a veteran thats a winner is the best answer to solve the problem. Problem is they come around once in a blue moon. Ohhh ,only if we'd gotten Breez. We should make every effort to land Cousins next year. We supposed to have 50 mil in cap room. If we don't you know damn well Elways gonna be all in.

notorious
03-17-2017, 11:58 AM
I just saw the OP on the Lounge's page, read it, and replied "yep".

we've been looking at it wrong for years lol.

Hit on 100 girls and chances are one will be a score.

Chiefs are using this tactic with retread QBs.

Molitoth
03-17-2017, 12:27 PM
Are We Looking at the Chiefs QB Situation Incorrectly

We are the Chiefs, this is what we do.

el borracho
03-17-2017, 12:58 PM
I watched every second of every game for decades but I haven't watched a single game since the trade for Alex. If the Chiefs do not draft a QB early this year, I will simply smirk and extend my personal boycott. However, if the Chiefs don't draft a QB early in '17 or '18, I will truly give up on the franchise. And yes, I already know... nobody cares if I do or don't watch.

Rooster
03-17-2017, 01:10 PM

ROFLROFL That gif never gets old.

ndws
03-17-2017, 01:11 PM
I'm holding on to optimism based on the fact that it was DJ and Sherman that took pay cuts for cap space instead of restructuring Smith.

When I saw that we signed Logan for roughly 8mil, I told my wife that AS was restructured to make room for him. I was happy to be wrong about that one.

Discuss Thrower
03-17-2017, 01:13 PM
Smith is probably going to get extended into 2020.

Hammock Parties
03-17-2017, 01:17 PM
Smith is probably going to get extended into 2020.

11 fucking years of game manager hell.

Why do we waste our fucking lives on this franchise.

MahiMike
03-17-2017, 01:19 PM
The answer is BOTH. I remember when Andy and co. said they would draft a QB every year. That's pretty much what they have done.

We need to draft 1 and also look for veterans (Romo) and let everyone compete.

The silly thing is that with the new CBA, every team should be looking to get a QB in 1st round every year. If they end up with 2 good rookies, they can trade 1. Really thought the CBA's cheap prices would encourage this.

Sandy Vagina
03-17-2017, 01:36 PM

It's now or never.

Pretty much THIS.

I think they will draft a rd 1-3 quarterback this season... (nate)...and if it's a day 2 quarterback... (nate)... then they will feel all the more unrestricted with regard to drafting a day 1 guy in 2018.

It will happen this or next yr. This cursed Franchise mantra might feel very real, but like other poster said, this is a different regime. Smith is getting older, isn't shaking off the PTSD well enough... expensive.. and there is NOTHING at the QB2 or QB3 spots. They will draft a QB in the first 3 rds.

mdchiefsfan
03-17-2017, 01:39 PM
http://i.imgur.com/uCBiMif.gif

ROFL

mdchiefsfan
03-17-2017, 01:40 PM

ROFL

This isn't why I love CP

Ming the Merciless
03-17-2017, 03:55 PM
we shouldve been looking at QB years ago...drafting a QB and having him sit behind alex for a couple years wouldve been optimal.....

my god if we don't pull the trigger this season, then fuck this organization

we have 10 draft picks....

lets go all fucking in if theres a QBOTF anywhere...hell give next years 1st too if needed.

Or draft a fatty..fuck it...

Ming the Merciless
03-17-2017, 03:56 PM

i was the pissed off guy just right of center who hated the fisher pick

Mr. Laz
03-17-2017, 03:59 PM
First of all, let me say that I hate being the guy bringing this up, BUT I fear that we're all looking at our QBOTF issue incorrectly. Sadly, the question isn't about which QB we should draft, but rather (and I hate me for suggesting this), what veteran QB will be available in the next 2-3 years to replace Alex?

I'm basing this solely on our stinking franchise DNA. If true to form, the odds of DRAFTING a QB that has a decent chance to evolve into being The Guy are virtually zero. So, we're left to figure out what veteran guy will be available as a replacement for Smith.

Yeah, I know this sucks, but the facts of the matter are that the Chiefs simply do not expend high draft picks on QBs......at least not for the past 34 stinking years.

Ergo, the question isn't about drafting Mahomes, Watson, Webb, Trubisky, etc., the question is whether we go after a vet QB like Cousins, Kaepernick, etc. (I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.)

Man, when you look at it from this angle, the prospects of finding a vet QB who could take us to the Promised Land appear staggeringly horrible.

One only hopes that somehow, someway, we are able to shed our heritage and try a "new" approach in addressing our QB position...can you say "Expend a high draft choice for an untried, unproven but oh so exciting QB prospect."

100%

Stop addressing the symptoms and start dealing with the disease.

It's not about Alex, it's about Andy and Hunt.

I leave Dorsey out because we all know that it was Reid that wanted Smith. It was leaked before Dorsey even got here.

This is about whether Reid wants to deal with a rookie QB at all.

Ming the Merciless
03-17-2017, 04:04 PM
This year's draft points towards another grab round 3 or later.

die

RippedmyFlesh
03-17-2017, 04:09 PM
100%

Stop addressing the symptoms and start dealing with the disease.

It's not about Alex, it's about Andy and Hunt.

I leave Dorsey out because we all know that it was Reid that wanted Smith. It was leaked before Dorsey even got here.

This is about whether Reid wants to deal with a rookie QB at all.

That is my biggest fear and sadly I think its true. He was young when he drafted mcnabb I don't think he has the patience to develop a rookie anymore.

Discuss Thrower
03-17-2017, 04:09 PM
I don't buy into this "Franchise DNA" stuff. Previous regimes are dead and gone. The current regime really only missed on Carr. I believe if they see a guy who they feel good about and can make it happen they will.

The franchise DNA is whichever correct combination of adenosine, thymine, guanine and cytosize correlates closest with Lamar Hunt's.

And yes. The aversion to drafting QBs correlates 100% with that DNA.

Meatloaf
03-17-2017, 04:17 PM
The franchise DNA is whichever correct combination of adenosine, thymine, guanine and cytosize correlates closest with Lamar Hunt's.

And yes. The aversion to drafting QBs correlates 100% with that DNA.

Winner, winner, chicken dinner!!! :clap:

ModSocks
03-17-2017, 04:17 PM
I don't think he has the patience to develop a rookie anymore.

Then why does he keep bringing in rookies?

Bray
Murray
Hogan

Joel Stave only has a year in the league, so he counts as a developmental guy.

....not far removed from drafting and "developing" Foles either.

I don't subscribe to the line of thinking that Reid/Dorsey are adverse to picking up a young QB. Guys like Bray, Murray and Hogan all have/had the tools you'd want in a developmental Qb....they just simply haven't developed.

Mr. Laz
03-17-2017, 04:24 PM
That is my biggest fear and sadly I think its true. He was young when he drafted mcnabb I don't think he has the patience to develop a rookie anymore.
I agree 100%

He has been half-assing our development of a young QB from the start.

McNabb annoyed the shit out of Reid with all his improvisation and gun-slinging. Part of the reason why Reid was willing to trade him within the division.

Bray is the only guy left on the roster and that's only because he got hurt so often that the Chiefs didn't have to do much to keep him. Guys like Hogan and Murray got limited preseason snaps and were sent packing as soon as the Chiefs needed the roster spot.

We have signed a veteran backup to be our #2 every year that Reid has been here.

This is about Hunt and Reid.

Who knows, maybe Reid told Hunt that he would prefer going with a veteran QB during his job interview with Hunt. Maybe that's part of the reason why Hunt hired him.

No doubt in my mind that Dorsey would already have a talented, young guy on the roster IF Reid really wanted one.

Mr. Laz
03-17-2017, 04:27 PM
Then why does he keep bringing in rookies?

Bray
Murray
Hogan

Joel Stave only has a year in the league, so he counts as a developmental guy.

....not far removed from drafting and "developing" Foles either.

I don't subscribe to the line of thinking that Reid/Dorsey are adverse to picking up a young QB. Guys like Bray, Murray and Hogan all have/had the

tools you'd want in a developmental Qb....they just simply haven't developed.
Bray - UDFA
Murray - 5th rd
Hogan - 5th rd

low-cost pickups and IMO we would have traded them for draft picks if they had shown anything. I don't believe that Reid planned on replacing Smith with any of them.

Ming the Merciless
03-17-2017, 04:27 PM
No, 'we' aren't.....we need to draft a QB . No more retreads please..unless you want 40 more years of ringless seasons.

Chief Northman
03-17-2017, 04:28 PM
ROFL

This isn't why I love CP

That GIF is a classic.

Isn't the guy in the middle with his arms crossed a poster here? I can't remember if that is true or not....?

rico
03-17-2017, 04:29 PM
Bray - UDFA
Murray - 5th rd
Hogan - 5th rd

low-cost pickups and IMO we would have traded them for draft picks if they had shown anything. I don't believe that Reid planned on replacing Smith with any of them.

I blame Hunt more than anyone...

But I admit, some of the points you've made in this topic is making me sour a bit more on Reid.

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-17-2017, 04:29 PM
We of the CP brain trust have been looking at it just fine for over 10 years.

It's the assholes at One Arrowhead that are working with nerd glasses:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/34/b1/8d/34b18d93fb605e75a5534d5ddc928a2a.jpg

Hog's Gone Fishin
03-17-2017, 04:30 PM
Manziel is still available. He's newly engaged to a super hot chick that has him running straight. Problem solved right there.

Mr. Laz
03-17-2017, 04:31 PM
I don't believe that any of those guys were ever intended to win the job.

Daniel and Foles were just injury-risk guys who knew the offense and wouldn't require much attention.

Bray, Hogan and Murray were just longshots and would have been trade bait if they had shown much.

New World Order
03-17-2017, 04:33 PM
11 ****ing years of game manager hell.

Why do we waste our ****ing lives on this franchise.

11 years

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-_G777JJtwUs/TyHaeYfCcDI/AAAAAAAAApo/vjZeRGwQLQw/s1600/black-guy-gif-star-trek.gif

Mr. Laz
03-17-2017, 04:36 PM
I blame Hunt more than anyone...

But I admit, some of the points you've made in this topic is making me sour a bit more on Reid.
You have to think that Hunt and Reid were on the same page about the QB position when they discussed whether or not Reid would be the Chiefs' new Head Coach.

We will find out in the next 12 months

If the Chiefs do not draft a QB in the top-3 rounds in this draft or the next, it's over, they never intend to.

Alex Smith has 2 years left, it's the next 2 drafts or nothing.

I would not be surprised at all to see Alex Smith extended or us pick up another veteran.

Personally, I think that Reid intends Alex Smith to be the only QB he has while in KC.

Tribal Warfare
03-17-2017, 05:01 PM
I just keep thinking of Mahomes photo op with Clark. This is the most likely year drafting that legitimate QBOTF more than ever.

Mr. Laz
03-17-2017, 05:03 PM
I just keep thinking of Mahomes photo op with Clark. This is the most likely year drafting that legitimate QBOTF more than ever.
Really, the only think i've heard is that this year's draft is weak at the QB position.

Next year is supposed to be better

Tribal Warfare
03-17-2017, 05:06 PM
Really, the only think i've heard is that this year's draft is weak at the QB position.

Next year is supposed to be better

LOL, Chiefs fans constant mantra " Next year will be a better QB crop"

Still looking to catch that golden winged unicorn

Mr. Laz
03-17-2017, 05:21 PM
LOL, Chiefs fans constant mantra " Next year will be a better QB crop"

Still looking to catch that golden winged unicorn
Lol, the constant mantra of the people who want the Chiefs to draft a QB no matter what.

draft Geno
draft Mark Sanchez
draft Jonny foosball

Doesn't matter whether the QB sucks or not, I just want to draft one!!

This year is considered a weak QB class, Watson and Trubisky being the only 1st round guys, weak ones at that.

Next year is supposed to have a chance at being special.

Ironically, having a really weak QB class this year might end up giving the Chiefs a better chance at grabbing one early. Whether that guy is worth getting is another matter.

Hog's Gone Fishin
03-17-2017, 05:25 PM
Lol, the constant mantra of the people who want the Chiefs to draft a QB no matter what.

draft Geno
draft Mark Sanchez
draft Jonny foosball

This year is considered a weak QB class, Watson and Trubisky being the only 1st round guys, weak ones at that.

Ironically, having a really weak QB class this year might end up giving the Chiefs a better chance at grabbing one early. Whether that guy is worth getting is another matter.

Drafting any QB is always a crapshoot. Wasting a 1st rd pick on a lottery ticket is not what good teams do unless it's the ONLY position of need.

Tribal Warfare
03-17-2017, 05:25 PM

draft Geno
draft Mark Sanchez
draft Jonny foosball

Okay let's just say next year's QB is better we won't have the ammunition to get one because every other team with a high pick will be gunning for them. You'very got to look at the present, because you'll chasing something that will be unattainable because the perfect QB is a myth

RealSNR
03-17-2017, 05:35 PM

draft Geno
draft Mark Sanchez
draft Jonny foosball

How will having a weak QB class this year help us? We have lots of draft picks in a deep draft. If we don't draft a QB, we'll spend it on a position to grow out our depth in other surrounding positions of importance. We'll be a pretty good team yet again, Alex will continue to throw for >20 TDs and >3500 yards but play efficient and boring successful football. We'll win lots of regular season games and have a low draft pick. We'll be unable to maneuver around and grab the guy we want if EVERYBODY is trying to do the same fucking thing.

Just look at 2012. A great QB class, right? Where did we draft? We could only have traded up for Ryan Tannehill. The guy who would "fall" to us was Brandon fucking Weeden.

Yeah yeah yeah Russell Wilson herpa derp. EVERY TEAM had their shot to draft Russell Wilson and passed on him at least once. Even with Dorsey and Reid running the show, the odds are not very good that a Russell Wilson will fall to the 2nd or 3rd round, nor are they good odds that Dorsey and Reid will have the foresight to draft that particular player over another guy who might fail spectacularly in a similar draft position like Brodie Croyle.

If there is a QB who with a year or even two on the bench could amount to something, and Reid likes him, you fucking GRAB HIM. Fuck the notion of the class he was drafted in. Grab that motherfucker now.

Hog's Gone Fishin
03-17-2017, 05:38 PM
Exactly why we need to go after Cousins next year. Give him a $200 mill contract with $100 mil guaranteed

cwhocares
03-17-2017, 05:42 PM
" the question is whether we go after a vet QB like Cousins, Kaepernick, etc. (I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.)"

As you should!!!!!

Hoover
03-17-2017, 05:57 PM
Sorry, but where are we going to get the cap space for a veteran QB?

Here's the deal. We draft and develope a QB and strike gold like Seattle, we are set up for an unbelievable run. That's not just the goal, its what we are set up to do.

And while we all bitch about Alex Smith, he's more than servicable and at his current pay we shouldn't bitch. We could easily be like the Bears and stoked about signing Mike Glennon. Alex isn't going to take us to the next level, but he does buy us some time.

Mr. Laz
03-17-2017, 05:58 PM
Okay let's just say next year's QB is better we won't have the ammunition to get one because every other team with a high pick will be gunning for them. You'very got to look at the present, because you'll chasing something that will be unattainable because the perfect QB is a myth
Never said anything about perfect

I said we should have traded Foles at the beginning of this year to give us more draft ammo. We could make trades this year for draft picks next year to give us extra ammo. Trade a quality player to a shitty team for their 1st round draft pick with the hopes that it is a really high pick.

The organization needs to decide that it wants a stud QB and then aggressively create a plan to get a QB.

Next year is supposed to be a quality QB year, so go get a high pick early. Don't wait until a week before the draft a suddenly cry about how you can't get one. Don't wait until the price of that 1st round pick is so fucking high you can't afford it without gutting your entire team.

Or if some team wants to trade back up into the 1st round this year then don't ask for more picks this year, work out a deal to get their 1st round pick next year.

It's called planning ahead.

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-17-2017, 05:58 PM
Fact:

Mahomes, year one, would match or exceed Smith's 2016 production.

(not fiction!)

Tribal Warfare
03-17-2017, 06:54 PM
Never said anything about perfect

I said we should have traded Foles at the beginning of this year to give us more draft ammo. We could make trades this year for draft picks next year to give us extra ammo. Trade a quality player to a shitty team for their 1st round draft pick with the hopes that it is a really high pick.

The organization needs to decide that it wants a stud QB and then aggressively create a plan to get a QB.

Next year is supposed to be a quality QB year, so go get a high pick early. Don't wait until a week before the draft a suddenly cry about how you can't get one. Don't wait until the price of that 1st round pick is so fucking high you can't afford it without gutting

Planning ahead? It's called fucking yourself in the ass if certain players don't declare or get injured.

Face it, your doing the same song and dance that mosteoporosis fans do about a favorite QB prospect that's still in college

TLO
03-17-2017, 06:56 PM
Go **** yourself

This

TLO
03-17-2017, 06:58 PM
ROFLROFL That gif never gets old.

Yes, yes it does. It got old about 3 years ago.

Dave Lane
03-17-2017, 07:16 PM
die

And hurry the fuck up

Bugeater
03-17-2017, 08:46 PM
Yes, yes it does. It got old about 3 years ago.So did you.

Pasta Little Brioni
03-17-2017, 09:05 PM
The past has nothing to do with what Dorsey will do in the future

Mr. Laz
03-17-2017, 09:31 PM
Planning ahead? It's called fucking yourself in the ass if certain players don't declare or get injured.

Face it, your doing the same song and dance that mosteoporosis fans do about a favorite QB prospect that's still in college
you're the one too afraid to take a risk "if a player doesn't declare or get injured"

either you want an elite QB or you don't

Good draft teams absolutely scout and prepare more than one draft ahead

If the next draft is weak at one pos but the following is strong, you prepare by signing a stop gap FA so that you can wait and draft in the strong draft.

trading right before the draft is expensive as hell, taking a risk the year before can pay off big

Mr. Laz
03-17-2017, 09:32 PM
Fact:

(not fiction!)
If he doesn't will you kill yourself?

please

TLO
03-17-2017, 09:49 PM
So did you.

Thank you. :clap:

RunKC
03-17-2017, 09:58 PM

draft Geno
draft Mark Sanchez
draft Jonny foosball

"This year is weak"

WTF about the last 30?!?! It's bullshit like this that pisses everyone off. How many good QB's in he league were considered anything more than "developmental QB's?" That weren't hyped up? How many were looked as developmental "maybe" players?

There's a shit load of these guys that are good QB's and we've passed on them over and over again. Carr, Wilson, Dak. 3 in the last 5 years.

This "developmental QB sucks blah blah next year" bullshit needs to end.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
03-17-2017, 10:05 PM
You want to include the name of the 90% of quarterbacks that ended up being busts in that time frame?

Rasputin
03-17-2017, 10:22 PM
you're the one too afraid to take a risk "if a player doesn't declare or get injured"

If the next draft is weak at one pos but the following is strong, you prepare by signing a stop gap FA so that you can wait and draft in the strong draft.

trading right before the draft is expensive as hell, taking a risk the year before can pay off big

Is that what the Chiefs did is tank so they could draft Fisher #1 and the Colts tank a season to get Andrew Fucking Luck?

We really did tank the wrong year in order to grab a QBotf and Colts did it right even if their GM was and idiot fuck Andrew Luck career. We could have had something special for a long time with Andrew Luck.

Tribal Warfare
03-17-2017, 10:24 PM

Scared? It's logical, you don't go all in for a QB crop that is unkown comatiy.

TLO
03-17-2017, 11:01 PM
I'm genuinely curious if people actually read every single one of these posts in the 8 billion Alex Smith threads.

Every conversation goes like this.

Group A :Alex Smith sucks! I hope he blows his ACL!

Group B : No way! Alex Smith will lead us to the Superbowl next season!

bevischief: then the midgets...

Rinse and repeat for all eternity.

kcchiefsus
03-18-2017, 01:30 AM

draft Geno
draft Mark Sanchez
draft Jonny foosball

You're an idiot. Kill yourself.

jd1020
03-18-2017, 01:47 AM
You want to include the name of the 90% of quarterbacks that ended up being busts in that time frame?

As long as your include the names of all the non-QB busts.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/d6/5f/8e/d65f8eb8c5aaaf72787c274396807807.jpg

rico
03-18-2017, 02:37 AM
Fact:

(not fiction!)

Hell, I feel like my grandma could pull that off.

And she's in hospice.

Smith = constant stalemates. Can't wait until the day we finally purge the Purgatory.

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-18-2017, 08:53 AM
I love it when Smiff and Tigger double-stuff my ass together.

Pasta Little Brioni
03-18-2017, 09:01 AM
The Dark Peniight Mahomes will activate thise CP pup tents, thrusting Tigger Cheeks right outta Dodge

Bugeater
03-18-2017, 09:29 AM
Sure, I'll start with Alex Smith.

Next...

Bugeater
03-18-2017, 09:31 AM
You have to think that Hunt and Reid were on the same page about the QB position when they discussed whether or not Reid would be the Chiefs' new Head Coach.

We will find out in the next 12 months

If the Chiefs do not draft a QB in the top-3 rounds in this draft or the next, it's over, they never intend to.

Alex Smith has 2 years left, it's the next 2 drafts or nothing.

I would not be surprised at all to see Alex Smith extended or us pick up another veteran.

Personally, I think that Reid intends Alex Smith to be the only QB he has while in KC.

I agree with this. Reid is here to pad his retirement, not win a Super Bowl.

Chief Roundup
03-18-2017, 09:53 AM
What would it take/cost to acquire another 1st round pick in the 2018 draft?

Mr. Laz
03-18-2017, 10:29 AM
"This year is weak"

WTF about the last 30?!?! It's bullshit like this that pisses everyone off. How many good QB's in he league were considered anything more than "developmental QB's?" That weren't hyped up? How many were looked as developmental "maybe" players?

There's a shit load of these guys that are good QB's and we've passed on them over and over again. Carr, Wilson, Dak. 3 in the last 5 years.

This "developmental QB sucks blah blah next year" bullshit needs to end.
I'm not talking about the last 30 years.

I'm talking about how some years the draft is stronger in some position and weak in others. It changes each year. Doesn't mean that you can't find a good play in a weak draft but it's more difficult.

This year is consider weak at the QB position

Doesn't matter whether or not it makes you or anyone else angry, it's just reality.

Next year, on the other hand, is supposed to be strong and deep.

I just want the Chiefs to have a fucking plan instead of just jumping at shadows.

SAUTO
03-18-2017, 10:33 AM
I wouldn't call hoping things fall a certain way a year from now a "plan" though.

Mr. Laz
03-18-2017, 10:33 AM
Is that what the Chiefs did is tank so they could draft Fisher #1 and the Colts tank a season to get Andrew Fucking Luck?

We really did tank the wrong year in order to grab a QBotf and Colts did it right even if their GM was and idiot fuck Andrew Luck career. We could have had something special for a long time with Andrew Luck.
We didn't tank.

The Chiefs aren't smart enough to try to tank. imo.

Please, please, please just have a real plan to draft the franchise QB that you want.

Mr. Laz
03-18-2017, 10:34 AM
You're an idiot. Kill yourself.
You first, douche dick.

SAUTO
03-18-2017, 10:34 AM
And someone broke down next year's POSSIBLE class of qb's already and there is a lot of hope going on there.

Mr. Laz
03-18-2017, 10:43 AM
I'm genuinely curious if people actually read every single one of these posts in the 8 billion Alex Smith threads.

Every conversation goes like this.

Group A :Alex Smith sucks! I hope he blows his ACL!

Group B : No way! Alex Smith will lead us to the Superbowl next season!

bevischief: then the midgets...

Rinse and repeat for all eternity.
Group B doesn't exist

Some people think that it's possible to win games with Smith if you surround him with enough talent. Nobody thinks he is going to "lead" us there. Group B-ish people just say that Alex Smith isn't as bad as Group A insists. That is enough to be declared a Ales Smith-Homer.

Let's repeat that so it sinks in ... saying the Alex Smith isn't the worst quarterback in the NFL means that you are a homer. :hmmm:

That's right, saying that Alex Smith isn't the worst is what starts all these crazy fight threads because nutbags in Group A cannot accept any position other than "Alex Smith is the worst QB in history and he is the only problem with the Chiefs organization. You cannot even critique a 3rd string linebacker without Group A jumping in a yelling that "the 3rd string linebacker is awesome, Alex Smith just sucks!!"

Group A is the same group of people who think that everyone is an idiot BUT them. I think we should rename Group A to the Dickhead Group.

Pasta Little Brioni
03-18-2017, 10:43 AM
We didn't tank.

The Chiefs aren't smart enough to try to tank. imo.

Please, please, please just have a real plan to draft the franchise QB that you want.

There is no such thing as tanking in the NFL. Manning going down replaced by Curtis Painter isn't fucking tanking. They were a one man army that can still barely win with Luck. The Chiefs have been very talented for years and held back by poor QB play. Tanking doesn't exist.

SAUTO
03-18-2017, 10:44 AM
There's a couple people in group b.

Sandy Vagina
03-18-2017, 10:46 AM

Name them. :shake:

Mr. Laz
03-18-2017, 10:46 AM
And someone broke down next year's POSSIBLE class of qb's already and there is a lot of hope going on there.

http://www.deepishthoughts.com/potentially-stacked-2018-qb-class/

SAUTO
03-18-2017, 10:48 AM
Name them. :shake:

Seriously?

You think there's no one that thinks Alex Smith can lead us to a super bowl on this board?

Mr. Laz
03-18-2017, 10:49 AM
Really? Because Tiger and Sandy are the most adamant Alex Smith supporters there are on this board and even they have said that the Chiefs need to upgrade the QB position.

Tiger might not say it again considering he is now under siege but he's said it in the past. He just doesn't think that Alex Smith deserves the constant barrage of attacks that he gets every game.

Mr. Laz
03-18-2017, 10:51 AM
Seriously?

You think there's no one that thinks Alex Smith can lead us to a super bowl on this board?
Nope, i think some people believe that a team can win a super bowl with Alex Smith as their QB. I don't think anyone believes that Alex Smith is going to LEAD us there. He will need tons of help and will basically be a cog along for the ride. Trent Dilfer.

Sandy Vagina
03-18-2017, 10:52 AM
Seriously?

You think there's no one that thinks Alex Smith WILL lead us to a super bowl on this board?

You conveniently? changed a word in there. ^

.. and yeah.. that "lead" thing is a nope.

Pasta Little Brioni
03-18-2017, 10:52 AM
Public poll, Sauto. There aren't many if any. Let's sort it out.

Sandy Vagina
03-18-2017, 10:54 AM
Really? Because Tiger and Sandy are the most adamant Alex Smith supporters there are on this board and even they have said that the Chiefs need to upgrade the QB position.

Tiger might not say it again considering he is now under siege but he's said it in the past. He just doesn't think that Alex Smith deserves the constant barrage of attacks that he gets every game.

when there are no enemies... create them.

SAUTO
03-18-2017, 11:02 AM
http://www.deepishthoughts.com/potentially-stacked-2018-qb-class/

See where that says "potentially"?

SAUTO
03-18-2017, 11:03 AM
when there are no enemies... create them.

I wasn't even talking about you. I actually believe you are tired of him.

SAUTO
03-18-2017, 11:04 AM
You conveniently? changed a word in there. ^

.. and yeah.. that "lead" thing is a nope.

Bullshit.

Fuck man tigger is saying he's just coming into his own...

Pasta Little Brioni
03-18-2017, 11:05 AM
Once Smith is finally purged, cheeks will disappear into thin air

TigeRRUppeRRcut
03-18-2017, 11:10 AM
A mod trolling the team's quarterback who gets us wins. What is happening to this place

Mr. Laz
03-18-2017, 11:27 AM
Yes, every draft pick is about potential. Looking at next year is even harder but it's also much less expensive.

Whenever someone says 'potential' about a QB they get beaten down and labeled a coward for even suggesting any QB in the draft might not be good.

So now you are afraid of taking a chance to get a QB?

Be careful or you will get thrown out of Group A.

Mr. Laz
03-18-2017, 11:28 AM

I wasn't even talking about you. I actually believe you are tired of him.

Bullshit.

Fuck man tigger is saying he's just coming into his own...

Once Smith is finally purged, cheeks will disappear into thin air
http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/3b/3b2e08bfdc144fd1b80d01076e79bcf6c258b367284c1ab929611a85562e0ea5.jpg

Jason's rage is building at the mere mention of Alex Smith and anyone not for castrating him.

RealSNR
03-18-2017, 11:32 AM
Seriously?

I mean, I think it's POSSIBLE to win a Super Bowl with Alex Smith as your QB. I think any rational person can look at dudes who have won Super Bowls in the past and agree that if Alex Smith ever wins a Super Bowl, it won't exactly be the most stunning thing the league has ever seen.

The real question is, "Is it a good idea to take a QB like Alex Smith and hope the talent around him is good enough to drag him kicking and screaming to a championship?"

I think the overwhelming answer on this board is "no," and the number of people who think it's a solid strategy probably want something better, but they're under the impression that there is nothing the Chiefs could have done from 2013 - 2016 to alter or change that.

Those are the same folks still claiming that Derek Carr has already peaked and will be nothing more than Jay Cutler for the rest of his career.

oldman
03-18-2017, 11:34 AM
Let's face up to facts. Smith is the guy for 2017, end of discussion. We're not going after Romo or any other vet QB out there. The fact that Smith and Bray are the only 2 QBs on the roster (not counting the PS) speaks volumes to me. This year's QB class is weak, most of them would be Day 2 picks if they weren't in short supply. I wouldn't be a bit surprised to see us invest a #2 or 3 in Webb or Peterman and let them fight it out with Bray. At least we'd have a full year to see what we have.
Another thought would be to trade some of this year's picks for next year ones. I believe I'd like to have 11 picks next year than this year. Then you'd have ammo to trade for that guy if Bray or the rookie bomb.

SAUTO
03-18-2017, 11:35 AM
http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/3b/3b2e08bfdc144fd1b80d01076e79bcf6c258b367284c1ab929611a85562e0ea5.jpg

Jason's rage is building at the mere mention of Alex Smith and anyone not for castrating him.

ROFL

Are you ok? Have you fallen and bumped your head lately?

SAUTO
03-18-2017, 11:36 AM
Yes, every draft pick is about potential. Looking at next year is even harder but it's also much less expensive.

Whenever someone says 'potential' about a QB they get beaten down and labeled a coward for even suggesting any QB in the draft might not be good.

So now you are afraid of taking a chance to get a QB?

Be careful or you will get thrown out of Group A.

That's not the potential I'm talking about.

They are all potentially going to be in the draft.

There are several that might not be, in fact.

Seriously are you ok?

SAUTO
03-18-2017, 11:39 AM
A mod trolling the team's quarterback who gets us wins. What is happening to this place

Have you looked at the tos? We are posters first. I'm free to say how I feel about any player on this team.

I believe we have peaked with Alex Smith as our qb. Could I be wrong? Absolutely.

RealSNR
03-18-2017, 11:41 AM

Again, that is bullshit.

The majority of the board didn't like:

Josh Freeman
Mark Sanchez
Tim Tebow
Sam Bradford
Ryan Tannehill
Brandon Weedon

And when you get down to the Johnny Manziel stuff, it's not as simple as, "People thought Manziel was a good QB." A lot of people were pissed because Dorsey didn't draft Teddy Bridgewater, not Manziel. A lot of people were pissed because Dee Ford was the pick. A lot of people were just fucking sick and tired of seeing teams leapfrog us in the draft to take QBs and were frustrated that it happened yet again.

That's a lot of QB busts that CP has rightly called and identified. And all but Sam Bradford were options available to them through trade-ups, and were considered distinct possibilities for us on draft day.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
03-18-2017, 11:44 AM

FACT

TigeRRUppeRRcut
03-18-2017, 11:45 AM
Have you looked at the tos? We are posters first. I'm free to say how I feel about any player on this team.

I believe we have peaked with Alex Smith as our qb. Could I be wrong? Absolutely.

If only double standards existed on here

SAUTO
03-18-2017, 11:46 AM
If only double standards existed on here

You are too.

SAUTO
03-18-2017, 11:49 AM
FACT

I'M not even for castrating Alex Smith. Who would even come up with that shit. Fucking weirdos.

Sandy Vagina
03-18-2017, 04:02 PM
Let's face up to facts. Smith is the guy for 2017, end of discussion. We're not going after Romo or any other vet QB out there. The fact that Smith and Bray are the only 2 QBs on the roster (not counting the PS) speaks volumes to me. This year's QB class is weak, most of them would be Day 2 picks if they weren't in short supply. I wouldn't be a bit surprised to see us invest a #2 or 3 in Webb or Peterman and let them fight it out with Bray. At least we'd have a full year to see what we have.
Another thought would be to trade some of this year's picks for next year ones. I believe I'd like to have 11 picks next year than this year. Then you'd have ammo to trade for that guy if Bray or the rookie bomb.

Very good, sensible post. :thumb:

Would be very interesting if they could turn pick 59 into a 2018 1st.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
03-18-2017, 05:05 PM
I would gladly trade out of this year's round 1 and give up another pick to have a top pick for next year's draft

Discuss Thrower
03-18-2017, 06:07 PM
I would gladly trade out of this year's round 1 and give up another pick to have a top pick for next year's draft

And then watch as another team gives a 1st and a 2nd in 2018 and then 2019 and 2020 first round picks to trade up for a QB.

Great fucking plan there, slick.

Chief Roundup
03-18-2017, 06:22 PM
And then watch as another team gives a 1st and a 2nd in 2018 and then 2019 and 2020 first round picks to trade up for a QB.

Great fucking plan there, slick.

Don't let your disdain for tigger cloud your mind.
We would have 2 1st rounders in 2018 instead of just one giving us an advantage in acquiring whatever pick we wanted to get the QB that we wanted.

Willie Lanier
03-18-2017, 06:27 PM

And just how exactly do you know a first in next year's draft will be a top pick?

Unless it's a trade with the niners or jets, you have almost no idea where a team's pick will be slotted...

The nfl has the most parity of any of the major sports leagues...

Discuss Thrower
03-18-2017, 06:55 PM
Don't let your disdain for tigger cloud your mind.
We would have 2 1st rounders in 2018 instead of just one giving us an advantage in acquiring whatever pick we wanted to get the QB that we wanted.t

You're not going to get a 2018 first round pick for the 27th overall pick.

Chief Roundup
03-18-2017, 07:29 PM
You're not going to get a 2018 first round pick for the 27th overall pick.

We would not from a team on the top of the 2cd but a team like the Eagles, Colts, Ravens that are in the middle of the 2cd round then yes we could.

RealSNR
03-18-2017, 07:50 PM
We would not from a team on the top of the 2cd but a team like the Eagles, Colts, Ravens that are in the middle of the 2cd round then yes we could.

There's too much unpredictability in that scenario.

The Broncos once traded a future 1st of theirs to Detroit so they could have Detroit's 2nd round pick and take some bust ass corner who sucked. I would take that deal in an instant were there a franchise idiotic enough to make that same mistake. I don't think there will be, however.

The problem with loading up on 2018 is you don't know if it will be enough and you don't know what you'll have. QB classes are tougher things to predict. 2004 was thought of as kind of an ordinary year, but it ended up being one of the most top-heavy QB classes of all time. A year out, 2013 was thought to be an even assemblage of QB talent, and it turned out to be AIDS soup.

Everybody saying, "2018 will be better" has no fucking clue if it's going to be worth it. Or, you could get the opposite problem. 2012 was this amazing QB class too, but what you had was two damn good prospects get taken at 1 and 2, and then the rest of the QBs had huge issues (Tannehill, Weeden, and Assweiler were the next 3 off the board). If we get the draft ammo to trade up into the top 15 so we can draft the 3rd best QB, is he going to be a legit QB worth taking a shot on, or are we going to be better off trying to hunt for Russell Wilson in the 3rd round?

What we do know is that 2017 is a deep, deep, class, and pissing away these picks to get more draft ammo for the potential to trade up in a QB class that has the potential to better than this class is overthinking the draft to an absurd degree.

I'd rather take a guy with mechanical flaws like Mahomes and sit his ass on the bench for a couple years with just one pick than fuck around with trades into next year when we have plenty of needs that this draft can AMPLY supply to us.

SAUTO
03-18-2017, 08:08 PM

The Broncos once traded a future 1st of theirs to Detroit so they could have Detroit's 2nd round pick and take some bust ass corner who sucked. I would take that deal in an instant were there a franchise idiotic enough to make that same mistake. I don't think there will be, however.

The problem with loading up on 2018 is you don't know if it will be enough and you don't know what you'll have. QB classes are tougher things to predict. 2004 was thought of as kind of an ordinary year, but it ended up being one of the most top-heavy QB classes of all time. A year out, 2013 was thought to be an even assemblage of QB talent, and it turned out to be AIDS soup.

Everybody saying, "2018 will be better" has no fucking clue if it's going to be worth it. Or, you could get the opposite problem. 2012 was this amazing QB class too, but what you had was two damn good prospects get taken at 1 and 2, and then the rest of the QBs had huge issues (Tannehill, Weeden, and Assweiler were the next 3 off the board). If we get the draft ammo to trade up into the top 15 so we can draft the 3rd best QB, is he going to be a legit QB worth taking a shot on, or are we going to be better off trying to hunt for Russell Wilson in the 3rd round?

What we do know is that 2017 is a deep, deep, class, and pissing away these picks to get more draft ammo for the potential to trade up in a QB class that has the potential to better than this class is overthinking the draft to an absurd degree.

I'd rather take a guy with mechanical flaws like Mahomes and sit his ass on the bench for a couple years with just one pick than fuck around with trades into next year when we have plenty of needs that this draft can AMPLY supply to us. well put.

oldman
03-18-2017, 08:20 PM
I'd rather take a guy with mechanical flaws like Mahomes and sit his ass on the bench for a couple years with just one pick than **** around with trades into next year when we have plenty of needs that this draft can AMPLY supply to us.

I hear what you're saying, and that might be ideal thing to do. But who do you have him sit behind? Smith, for sure in 2017, but what about 2018? I can just imagine the butthurt about that here.

Coochie liquor
03-18-2017, 09:06 PM
I hear what you're saying, and that might be ideal thing to do. But who do you have him sit behind? Smith, for sure in 2017, but what about 2018? I can just imagine the butthurt about that here.

I don't think the Clarks really care what posters on CP think. If they did we would have a worse qb drafting record than the Browns. And speaking of the Browns... how do they ever expect to be taken seriously with those hideous fucking colors. Jesus!!

Mr. Laz
03-18-2017, 09:07 PM

Great fucking plan there, slick.So no matter what happens we will never get a QB.

Because no matter what happens somebody else will take it from us.

Then is doesn't really matter what we do.

Hilarious that the same people endlessly bitching about the Chiefs not drafting a QB are inventing reasons why would shouldn't TRY to get one.

I don't think the Chiefs will ever pay a ransom to trade up and get a QB like Washington did.

So that leave 2 options:

1. we just get lucky and suck in the right year and stumble across a QB.

2. we plan further ahead and take the risk necessary to make a big move.

Maybe it doesn't work and we are stuck with draft another position after trading up.

Has Group A always says, at least we tried. We just try again and again ... until we get one.

Nickhead
03-18-2017, 09:11 PM
it will be years before the chiefs fall off a cliff high enough up that allows them to draft that 'stud' qb. it's either late round one, early round 2 where they will find their qb. ORRRRRRRR... they stay stuck in veteran acquisitions perpetually.:(

Chief Roundup
03-18-2017, 09:11 PM

I'd rather take a guy with mechanical flaws like Mahomes and sit his ass on the bench for a couple years with just one pick than fuck around with trades into next year when we have plenty of needs that this draft can AMPLY supply to us.

I can understand this and as I have said if the guys that they like are gone then why not roll the dice for next year? We are only talking about one pick and maybe we even get a mid round back as boot to make it a better deal. Again like I said this would be dependent on if they don't really like any of the prospects that are there at 27. Look at last year he traded back because he thought the value was not there. The needs we have can be filled even without our 1st.
Belichick did all kinds of crazy trades for future picks and was called a genius for it by some and crazy by others until they seen it working and then he was just a genius.

To quote most around here if you don't have the QB the rest doesn't really matter.

Mr. Laz
03-18-2017, 09:12 PM
And just how exactly do you know a first in next year's draft will be a top pick?

Unless it's a trade with the niners or jets, you have almost no idea where a team's pick will be slotted...

The nfl has the most parity of any of the major sports leagues...
That's the idea, you trade with a shitty team that's almost assuredly in the top 10.

Then we take that top 10 pick along with ours and move wherever we need to move to pick the QB we want.

Yes, it's a risk.

At least we will be trying, instead of just sitting here with our fingers crossed hoping that Dan Marino falls in our lap.

RealSNR
03-18-2017, 09:12 PM

Chase Daniel? Brodie Croyle? I don't really give a shit. I don't even care if Smith starts in 2018.

We're the Chiefs. We were cowards during King Carl and never drafted a QB when we sucked. After Carl we never sucked QUITE enough or in the right year to get the RIGHT guy.

So we'll have to manufacture our own chances. This is the best way I know how. Take the guy with the most promise who stands a decent chance of clearing that bar given enough time and patience.

Try. Just fucking try to draft a QB for fuck's sake.

Chief Roundup
03-18-2017, 09:14 PM
No matter what one way or another everything is "too risky" even to those that seem to bitch about the Chiefs being risk adverse.
If you want a QB how do you plan on getting enough ammo to go get one?

Nickhead
03-18-2017, 09:16 PM
has any team 'won' anything after giving up a bevy of picks for top draft rights?

you could argue even an andrew luck coming out of college would not have been that worthy, indy 'lucked' out that year. philly, washington to name a couple...

who else, i can't recall, gave up lots of picks and they didn't fare any better?

or who did give up a shit ton of picks and won big?

Mr. Laz
03-18-2017, 09:18 PM
Chase Daniel? Brodie Croyle? I don't really give a shit. I don't even care if Smith starts in 2018.

We're the Chiefs. We were cowards during King Carl and never drafted a QB when we sucked. After Carl we never sucked QUITE enough or in the right year to get the RIGHT guy.

So we'll have to manufacture our own chances. This is the best way I know how. Take the guy with the most promise who stands a decent chance of clearing that bar given enough time and patience.

Would you trade Alex Smith for Cleveland's 1st round pick next year?

Even if we have to add a pick of our own to go along with it?

We gave two 2nds and when trading a draft pick each year delayed is supposed to lower the value of the pick by one round.

Alex Smith and our 3rd pick this year for Cleveland's 1st rounder next year?

I know people will shred it just like they try to shred every post about everything but a trade something like that.

We sign a Chase Daniel or something to start for us this year. We end up with 2 first round picks next year in a decent QB draft.

at least it's a plan, a plan i doubt we have now.

Doesn't matter, Reid doesn't want a young QB. We are just wasting time hoping for something that isn't going to happen.

:shake:

SAUTO
03-18-2017, 09:18 PM
No matter what one way or another everything is "too risky" even to those that seem to bitch about the Chiefs being risk adverse.
If you want a QB how do you plan on getting enough ammo to go get one?

Can you trade future picks? If they can't get to a qb I would rather get a player that helps us win games now.

Like I said all those guys may not come out next year

SAUTO
03-18-2017, 09:19 PM
Would you trade Alex Smith for Cleveland's 1st round pick next year?

Even if we have to add a pick of our own to go along with it?

We gave two 2nds and when trading a draft pick each year delayed is supposed to lower the value of the pick by one round.

Alex Smith and our 3rd pick this year for Cleveland's 1st rounder?

I know people will shred it just like they try to shred every post about everything but a trade something like that.

We sign a Chase Daniel or something to start for us this year. We end up with 2 first round picks next year in a decent QB draft.

at least it's a plan, a plan i doubt we have now.

Doesn't matter, Reid doesn't want a young QB. We are just wasting time hoping for something that isn't going to happen.

:shake:
Yes, absolutely. I would do that so fast your head would spin.

Good idea

Chief Roundup
03-18-2017, 09:20 PM

Exactly we will have to manufacture that opportunity. Yes there are several ways to do that, but standing pat and filling other needs and having a great team that can put us oh so close despite the QB is not going to make it easier to manufacture that ability.
We don't need to draft one just to draft one either try to get the right one which is generally going to be found in the top part of the 1st as history has shown. Brady, Wilson are outliers they are not the norm. It is like find the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow or getting struck by lighting. I would rather hedge my bets to insure I had the ability to get a damn good one.

Mr. Laz
03-18-2017, 09:20 PM
has any team 'won' anything after giving up a bevy of picks for top draft rights?

you could argue even an andrew luck coming out of college would not have been that worthy, indy 'lucked' out that year. philly, washington to name a couple...

who else, i can't recall, gave up lots of picks and they didn't fare any better?

or who did give up a shit ton of picks and won big?
So do nothing then.

Just sit here and pray that a miracle happens and the league lets an elite QB fall into our laps in the middle of the 1st round? Then Pray that Reid even drafts him instead of trading down.

All the people demanding we take a chance to draft a QB suddenly don't want to risk anything to get a GOOD one.

SAUTO
03-18-2017, 09:21 PM
Exactly we will have to manufacture that opportunity. Yes there are several ways to do that, but standing pat and filling other needs and having a great team that can put us oh so close despite the QB is not going to make it easier to manufacture that ability.
We don't need to draft one just to draft one either try to get the right one which is generally going to be found in the top part of the 1st as history has shown. Brady, Wilson are outliers they are not the norm. It is like find the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow or getting struck by lighting. I would rather hedge my bets to insure I had the ability to get a damn good one.

So you can't trade future picks? Good to know

Chief Roundup
03-18-2017, 09:23 PM
Can you trade future picks? If they can't get to a qb I would rather get a player that helps us win games now.

Like I said all those guys may not come out next year

Uh, yeah you know like the Redskins did with the Rams and many, many, many other teams have always done over the years.????? I am sure you knew this so that is the reason for the ??????

SAUTO
03-18-2017, 09:23 PM
So do nothing then.

Just sit here and pray that a miracle happens and the league lets an elite QB fall into our laps in the middle of the 1st round? Then Pray that Reid even drafts him instead of trading down.

All the people demanding we take a chance to draft a QB suddenly don't want to risk anything to get a GOOD one.

I would think hard about kelce for Cleveland's first next year. Fuck maybe Justin Houston too.

Chief Roundup
03-18-2017, 09:24 PM

What the fuck are you talking about?

SAUTO
03-18-2017, 09:24 PM
Uh, yeah you know like the Redskins did with the Rams and many, many, many other teams have always done over the years.????? I am sure you knew this so that is the reason for the ??????

What's the difference? Trade picks this year for next year or trade next year using a pick from.the next year?

You are still using the same currency to get there, bud.

Chief Roundup
03-18-2017, 09:25 PM
So do nothing then.

Yeah no shit WTF

SAUTO
03-18-2017, 09:25 PM
What the fuck are you talking about?

You are acting like it's not an option.

It's actually no different than what you are suggesting

Mr. Laz
03-18-2017, 09:26 PM
I would think hard about kelce for Cleveland's first next year. Fuck maybe Justin Houston too.
I'd trade Houston but not Kelce

Few players i want to keep

Kelce
Hill
Jones

I think anyone else is up for trade if it gets us a real chance at a QB.

SAUTO
03-18-2017, 09:27 PM
I'd trade Houston but not Kelce

Few players i want to keep

Kelce
Hill
Jones

I think anyone else is up for trade if it gets us a real chance at a QB.
Peters.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
03-18-2017, 09:29 PM
I would think hard about kelce for Cleveland's first next year. **** maybe Justin Houston too.

I would gladly part with next year's first for Houston. Kelce is too valuable to the offense at this point.

Nickhead
03-18-2017, 09:30 PM
ALEX HAS TO BE THE CHIEFS QB THIS YEAR! like it or not.

you cannot fuck up team chemistry after going 12-4. the only thing is to hope he stinks the place up so bad, the backup has to go in, then they draft in 2018. not that they wont draft a qb again this year, but...

you need a good reason to remove a qb like alex.

and the chiefs have no good reason for this upcoming season.

Nickhead
03-18-2017, 09:31 PM

you defo can trade future picks. they do it all the time.

Reerun_KC
03-18-2017, 09:31 PM
Team chemistry? Oh you mean the deafense and special teams carrying Alex again.

Chief Roundup
03-18-2017, 09:32 PM
What's the difference? Trade picks this year for next year or trade next year using a pick from.the next year?

You are still using the same currency to get there, bud.

Yes we, just like any other team, will have to pay the piper to get up there. If there is no one there that they like this year then why not pay part of that price now instead of putting it on in the future? We will need to be replacing some of our players as well as wanting to surround our new QB with players and pieces to help him and put us, keep us, on a forward track to winning a SB.
If there is a player there that Dorsey likes then fine draft him, otherwise lets be aggressive to improve the most important position on the entire team. The one position that most have said is the reason we have not won anything yet, especially with the rest of the squad that we already have.

Nickhead
03-18-2017, 09:33 PM
So do nothing then.

im saying there is no urgency for a team like the chiefs to draft any qb THIS year. one could argue any qb could do well with the current chiefs, and better than alex. but you dont throw away 30 plus wins in three years for an unknown.

Mr. Laz
03-18-2017, 09:33 PM
Peters.
yep, forgot about him

keep Peters

Mr. Laz
03-18-2017, 09:35 PM
im saying there is no urgency for a team like the chiefs to draft any qb THIS year. one could argue any qb could do well with the current chiefs, and better than alex. but you dont throw away 30 plus wins in three years for an unknown.
I'm not saying draft a QB this year.

I'm saying we try to set up a situation where we are in a good position to take a QB next year.

Nickhead
03-18-2017, 09:38 PM
got ya. i just know alex has to be on the roster next year. i just don't know giving up draft picks galore is a good idea. now this time next year, if a player entering the draft has posted 6000 yards passing. played under center and is a proven stand up citizen, then fuck yeah. but not if any qb's don't separate themselves from the pack. :D

Reerun_KC
03-18-2017, 09:40 PM

I'm saying we try to set up a situation where we are in a good position to take a QB next year.

Which is the exact same stance most of us will be in next year.

Nickhead
03-18-2017, 09:40 PM
yep, forgot about him

keep Peters

to me it sounds like peters has one foot out the door headed to LV/OAK/SD already.

will love to see into the future what he does when it's time for a new contract. :D

RealSNR
03-18-2017, 09:41 PM
So do nothing then.

The strategy means buying into the future based on the predictions of scouts trying to prognosticate an entire class of players a FULL CALENDAR YEAR in advance

All the people suddenly thinking this is a great idea to get our QB were the same assholes who laughed at the Redskins for trading an arm and a leg for RGIII

kcchiefsus
03-18-2017, 10:54 PM

It will still be too risky for cunts like you.

kcchiefsus
03-18-2017, 10:55 PM
to me it sounds like peters has one foot out the door headed to LV/OAK/SD already.

will love to see into the future what he does when it's time for a new contract. :D

Based on what?

Nickhead
03-18-2017, 11:03 PM
Based on what?

gut feeling. it's proven you can post anything on here without any evidentiary proof to back said claim :D

rico
03-18-2017, 11:10 PM
Based on what?

His tattoo, for one.

Of course, ultimately I expect him to go where the $ is...

Nickhead
03-18-2017, 11:55 PM
His tattoo, for one.

Of course, ultimately I expect him to go where the $ is...

at the very least he will be west coast bound. i could see him in san fran even. he's just not 'kc' material mentality wise. i would say he will have an 'incident' before tyreek does.. i just feel a little unsettled when you see him play AND talk/tweet.

again, just a gut feeling.

Chief Northman
03-19-2017, 12:18 AM
at the very least he will be west coast bound. i could see him in san fran even. he's just not 'kc' material mentality wise. i would say he will have an 'incident' before tyreek does.. i just feel a little unsettled when you see him play AND talk/tweet.

Yeah Peters is a punk. Will be a Raider as soon as he can.

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-19-2017, 12:41 AM

What, pray tell, is "KC Material"?

Sandy Vagina
03-19-2017, 06:31 AM
I would think hard about kelce for Cleveland's first next year. **** maybe Justin Houston too.

Regardless of the respective 12.5 and 34.5 million dead cap penalties that come with such trades?

http://media1.popsugar-assets.com/files/2014/07/02/997/n/1922283/d01950272ef3ac9e_83551143K0Zjlg.xxxlarge/i/When-Kramer-Does-Epic-Spit-Take.gif

Sandy Vagina
03-19-2017, 06:43 AM
well put.

Agreed. At some point, you have little choice but to either place some trust and faith in the scouts/coaching/managing to do their jobs... or just **** right off, and do something else with your Sundays.

You don't have to trade the world to move up into the top 5. If you have any respect for your scouting, HC/OC, and talent around the QB position... then you should feel good about staying put at 27.. (or even 59).. and drafting a young QB with skills to develop.

From what I read on CP.. it would take very little to significantly upgrade from Alice Smiff. So why all the desperation to whore team out for a top 5 pick? The Chiefs keep getting into the playoffs WITH this tulip QB.. AND their bestest player 100,000,000 man useless each postseason.

If little Smiff can almost get them there... they don't need a to trade into the top 5 to get a QB that can get them over the hump.... right?

mdchiefsfan
03-19-2017, 06:45 AM

See Kush, Eric:

http://i1164.photobucket.com/albums/q561/Aequitas009/Mobile%20Uploads/2017-03/62A1A2E1-ECB0-4A3C-9D51-2D523C748E6A_zpstcnpih8g.jpg

Sandy Vagina
03-19-2017, 06:47 AM
See Kush, Eric:

lol, yep.. and they don't use daffodil expressions like "pray tell." :shake:

rico
03-19-2017, 07:29 AM
Agreed. At some point, you have little choice but to either place some trust and faith in the scouts/coaching/managing to do their jobs... or just **** right off, and do something else with your Sundays.

You don't have to trade the world to move up into the top 5. If you have any respect for your scouting, HC/OC, and talent around the QB position... then you should feel good about staying put at 27.. (or even 59).. and drafting a young QB with skills to develop.

From what I read on CP.. it would take very little to significantly upgrade from Alice Smiff. So why all the desperation to whore team out for a top 5 pick? The Chiefs keep getting into the playoffs WITH this tulip QB.. AND their bestest player 100,000,000 man useless each postseason.

If little Smiff can almost get them there... they don't need a to trade into the top 5 to get a QB that can get them over the hump.... right?

Clark Hunt (that's the owner/CEO of the team, Sandy), is that you?!?!?

If so, it explains a lot...ya know, because we as Chiefs fans should feel satisfied with first round or divisional round exits every year...despite the massive talent we have on the roster. In other words, we should all continue to loyally purchase tickets because we are a legit perennial threat to make it to the divisional round playoffs every year with Smith (as long as we have a mega-loaded supporting cast) because Smith doesn't throw interceptions!!! We Chiefs fans should feel lucky!!!

oldman
03-19-2017, 07:30 AM
To clarify my earlier post, if we do draft a QB this year, we have to expect him to compete for the #1 next year. I have no problem letting him sit and learn this year, but if it's so important to get rid of Smith, he has to be ready next year. Screw Chase Daniel, and the vet backups we pay a premium price for.

RealSNR
03-19-2017, 08:16 AM
Yeah Peters is a punk. Will be a Raider as soon as he can.

What's it like being an insufferable, judgmental prick with a stick up your ass?

Just curious, that's all.

Chief Northman
03-19-2017, 09:03 AM
What's it like being an insufferable, judgmental prick with a stick up your ass?

Just curious, that's all.

There, there, change your tampon and you'll be fine.

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-19-2017, 10:13 AM
lol, yep.. and they don't use daffodil expressions like "pray tell." :shake:

So, "KC material" is tasteless hillbilly?

Please go fuck yourself.

Then kill yourself.

Thanks!

RunKC
03-19-2017, 10:36 AM
It's always funny to see the posters thinking that the only way to get a good QB is in the top 10 at the top of the draft.

The majority of the good QB's in the NFL were picked in the 2nd half of the first rd on.

Nickhead
03-19-2017, 01:11 PM

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/459075877960032256/Ex3aux9O_400x400.jpeg

Mr. Laz
03-19-2017, 01:11 PM
It will still be too risky for cunts like you.
and the idea takes too much intelligence for morons like you

RealSNR
03-19-2017, 01:20 PM
There, there, change your tampon and you'll be fine.

I never understand people who shit on KC's best players.

For example, there are people who don't give a fuck about Kelce and hate him when he acts up on the field.

You let the coaches handle the discipline. This motherfucker is a goddamn sensation and our greatest receiving threat since Tony G. You give that asshole your loyalty and a long leash.

Same goes with Peters.

Sweet Daddy Hate
03-19-2017, 02:46 PM
I never understand people who shit on KC's best players.

For example, there are people who don't give a fuck about Kelce and hate him when he acts up on the field.

You let the coaches handle the discipline. This motherfucker is a goddamn sensation and our greatest receiving threat since Tony G. You give that asshole your loyalty and a long leash.

Same goes with Peters.

Exactly.

Fuck those morons who believe that players morals should match their own.

These players don't answer to you, and they owe you nothing.

Nickhead
03-19-2017, 03:23 PM
tell that to roger goodell. im sure he has zero concerns about a players moral compass :D

Reerun_KC
03-19-2017, 03:25 PM
JJ brining the swatter out

RealSNR
03-19-2017, 06:17 PM
tell that to roger goodell. im sure he has zero concerns about a players moral compass :D

Tell Goodell to come and suck it. Kelce is harmless to the glorious shield

https://cdn3.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/qotB7hw7tOxy24wAsj7Vj1w2zjo=/600x0/filters:no_upscale()/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/2506098/kcjerk.0.gif

Ming the Merciless
03-19-2017, 07:09 PM
No, we're really doing great on QB as shown by how many superbowls and playoffs we win

RealSNR
03-19-2017, 07:18 PM
No, we're really doing great on QB as shown by how many superbowls and playoffs we win

Sexy thang. What's up?

I can't wait until Simply Red joins you and Clay, and the entire fam gets back together. Lookin forward to some new Vocaroos.

ct
03-20-2017, 08:31 AM

i'm way late here, but i disagree with the "this franchise never drafts qb early" past equating to "dorsey will find us yet another veteran qb". I dont see that as dorsey's MO, at least not standard operating procedure. trading for smith at the beginning of his tenure (and Reid obviously) was a necessity, not preferred.

my opinion only, but he's far more in the GB mold of draft and develop as 1st option. these next couple years are the appropriate timing to get a true development project. i say that fully expecting alex smith is our starter this year, and most likely next year too.

raybec 4
03-20-2017, 09:28 AM

Jesus, do you have to wear a helmet when you go out?

Nickhead
03-20-2017, 01:38 PM
Jesus, do you have to wear a helmet when you go out?

http://www.hahastop.com/pictures/Derp591.jpg

Dunerdr
03-21-2017, 08:31 AM
Peters doesn't fit here = we don't deserve premier players at premiere positions we get tony Richardson, and willie roads whike other teams can have favres and die on sanders.