PDA

View Full Version : Optimum Scouting Draft Guide

Meatloaf
03-22-2017, 10:51 AM
I believe Direckshun (or someone) had asked about whether to invest in this Guide. Well, I took the plunge and today I received the Guide via email. I must say, that some of the breakdowns/analyses are quite interesting.

For example, for QBs some of the charts/tables include "stats" like:
- Rate of being pressured
- Accuracy under pressure
- Explosive play percentage
- Catches requiring adjustment percentage
- Accuracy for various distances
- 3rd nd 4th down proficiency
- Redzone accuracy
- Etc

Then, for each QB there is a write up with commentary on the following:
- Background/character
- Athleticism
- Arm talent
- Passing technique
- Passing instincts
- Additional info
- Summary

As to the accuracy of Optimum Scouting's reviews, well, that's a matter left to determine in 2-3 years, but it does appear that they've attempted to quantify things as much as possible. In any event, I'm pretty impressed with their publication as it certainly makes for some interesting reading (if you're at all interested in the draft). You might find it worth the money (I think it was $10) to get this thing.

(And no, I have no affiliation with Optimum Scouting.....other than being an impressed reader.)

Just thought I'd share this assessment with you. :arrow:

The Guide is 220 pages, so it's got a lot of material contained.

SAGA45
03-25-2017, 11:03 PM
Ive been weighing whether or not to get it but will go ahead and take the plunge with your endorsement. I love new stats. I actually interviewed the founder of Optimum Scouting Eric Galko a couple years back for an article on a DT out of Delaware I had hoped the Chiefs would draft late, Zach Ker. LINK - http://www.chiefsdigest.com/chiefs-shouldnt-sleep-on-dt-zach-kerr-2/

Galko predicted Kerr would go between rounds 3-5 but the Colts signed him as a UDFA. He just signed a 2 yr, 3.25 mil deal with the Broncos this offseason. I think he can thrive in their defense with that surrounding talent. Still a lot of untapped potential there IMO.

SAGA45
03-27-2017, 07:25 PM
I noticed they have Marlon Mack ranked 4th among RB's behind Fournette, McCaffrey and Cook respectfully. Interesting considering reports of the Chiefs high interest in Mack.